All Semrush Reviews

Jason

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Working with SEM Rush

Robin

A must have for digital marketers

It is a great product that really helps you become proficient at SEO. If there is one thing your small business needs to have it is SEMrush. There are trainings and learning modules are helpful alongside though provoking webinars to make sure you stay up to date with trends. Learning the ui takes time as is not the most intuitive; however, most things you need are there.

Pros

The dashboard. All from one location I can see my projects performance across a multitude of aspects from social media, back links, position rankings and technical SEO just to name a few.

Cons

Righ now I have an issue with my Facebook always disconnecting with their publishing tool within an hour. contacting support guides you to an email where I would much rather have instant chat or phone support.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

The bundled aspect of all features. SEMrush might not be the best at some features but if offers them all.

Industry: Market Research

Semrush Review

My experience with Semrush has been positive. The tool is easy to use and provides a lot of valuable data. Customer support is also very responsive.

Pros

1. Semrush SEO software provides detailed keyword analysis and keyword tracking. 2. It offers extensive backlink audit capabilities to ensure high-quality link building. 3. Provides a wide range of SEO tools to help users optimize their sites for organic search engine rankings. 4. Easy-to-use dashboard with real-time analytics, reporting, and data visualization capabilities. 5. Offers competitive intelligence reports to identify potential opportunities in the market.

Cons

1. The premium version of the software is expensive compared to other similar products on the market. 2. Some features are unavailable unless you purchase additional add-ons or plugins from Semrush's website.  3. Limited customer support options if you run into technical issues or have questions about how to use the software properly.  4. Does not provide as comprehensive a set of features as some competing products do, such as Ahrefs or Moz Pro tools

Reasons for choosing Semrush

A free trial is good enough to know if you want to purchase a subscription. The amount of data you get is beneficial and reliable.

Tom

After 4 years being a customer this company rips me off

I feel ripped off by Semrush. We are customers already for 4 years. We always have enough with one user. Now, we have been loggin in, by accident, from a few different locations. This is because of remote working due to corona and it was unclear in the team who was responsible for Semrush. Now is our account suspended, which I can understand. But the only 'solution' is that I have to buy a €540 extra user. But wo do not need that! I told them this was an accident and that one user is enough for us. Which it always has been for 4 years. But we can only get our account back with paying 540€. And a refund of the unused service is also not possible. This feels like bribery. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was 'helping' me, but only offering me this upsell that I do not need. It is a shame to be treated like this after being a loyal customer for 4 years. I will recommend other potential customers SeRanking. It is much cheaper, has almost the same features and they will not rip you off with unwanted upsells. Shame!

Pros

It has a lot of features, in dept analysis.

Cons

It is expensive and there are quiet a few other, much cheaper alternatives where the customer service doesn't rip you off!

They don't bribe me.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. We have investigated the situation - it seems like multiple users logged in from different locations under your account for 3 times, which triggered our security system, and we sent several warnings before your account was blocked. We kindly remind you that by default, the account only includes 1 user, adding extra seats is a paid option. As far as we know, you account was unblocked by the team after finding out that your team logged in accidentally from different locations. If you still have any questions, please email us at mail@semrush.com and we will be happy to answer them!

Replied November 2020

Ambar

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

November 2022

Best Tool For The Competitors Analysis

Experience with Semrush is very helpful for me to beat my competitors. Liked a lot.

Pros

The most impactful feature is the Competitor's Analysis. Really amazing.You will receive a high-level analysis of the strategies and results of your competitors in organic search, paid search, social media, public relations, and other areas. I like the competitor's analysis report, where you get everything about your competitors and you can use SemRush competitors analysis to beat your competitor more easily with accurate insights.It offers a quick market overview and competitive digital insights that assist organizations in recognizing new market realities and rising trends.

Cons

I think everything is on track. No comments.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

Because of its interface and digital insights.

November 2022

Great product but the pricing is completely absurd

Pretty good but pricing is too much to handle sometimes.

Pros

Great product packed with tons of features that capture most buckets of SEO you would ever need. Does more than most SEO tools out there and is great for a variety of sites from local businesses to e-commerce to national sites and more.

Cons

The pricing is completely absurd. Literally everywhere you click on the site they are trying to upsell you on everything, nothing can be done in this tool without being nickel and dimed and ever possible turn. Here's a clear example of what I mean, I'm currently on the Guru plan and spending over $500/mo (which will be more if I continue to use this tool) and if I want to add another user to my account they will charge me $80/mo. That's insane. I understand why it would cost more for an extra project, or to track additional keywords etc as those all require resources and functionality native to SEMRush. But if I want to share my $500/mo account with my staff? Well, that's gonna cost me an extra $80/mo PER USER. It's literally nothing but a complete and utter cash grab and a fake restriction imposed by SEMRush for no other reason than to try and squeeze extra money out of you. I just hate when companies do this and while I love the tool and will use it for now, I will likely switch to something that offers more reasonable pricing in the future and doesn't try to nickel and dime everything out of their customers at every possible moment no matter what. Try to think of another service at this price that charges you this much to add a USER. You won't find it.

More functionality overall.

Vasyl

All-in-one platform for SEO, PPC and Content marketing

Pros

Semrush is a powerful SEO tool that offers a comprehensive set of features for keyword research, site audit, backlink analysis, competitor tracking and more. It provides actionable insights, customizable reporting and all-in-one platform for SEO, PPC and content marketing, making it a valuable tool for any digital marketer.

Cons

I am yet to see any negatives in this tool.

Joshua

SEMrush Review: an expert review

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with SEMrush and highly recommend it to anyone working in digital marketing. It is a comprehensive and user-friendly tool that has greatly improved my work efficiency and effectiveness.

Pros

I have been using SEMrush for about a year now, and it has quickly become an indispensable tool for my digital marketing work. The platform offers a wide range of features, including keyword research, competitor analysis, traffic analysis, and much more.

Cons

For now I haven't found any yet. I love everything about the software

Poojan

January 2023

best for analysis of the website

Pros

it is best for analyzing the website and also we can find how much volume of the keyword are searchable in the website

Cons

it cost so much for the user so that it is harder for me

Reasons for switching to Semrush

SEMrush gives more information then Ahref

Siaka

October 2022

Semrush is easy to use but its price is not high

Pros

Semrush is a software that has several features. It is also easy to use and better for keyword research.

Cons

Semrush has many features and is inexpensive.

Steve

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

Ease of use, new feature set, added integrations, fewer restrictions, and overall better user experience for both myself and my client.

Reasons for switching to Semrush

More features in SEMRush, fewer restrictions on usage.

Response from SEMrush

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

Replied June 2020

Kevin

The Standard for SEO Project Management

I am very happy with the power that Semrush provides for managing, aggregating and reporting on SEO and related digital data. This is a top-tier offering in the space and has shown continual improvements and innovation over the years. I will continue to support and use Semrush in our business practice.

Pros

Semrush continues to evolve and improve their software which is good news for SEO practitioners. The platform contains a LOT of features, many of which you may not ever require. Because it is feature rich, there is a learning curve that goes with using the software. But once you have that understanding in hand, Semrush offers great value for SEO and related digital marketing services.

Cons

Many new elements of the platform feel under baked. Have to pay to use each feature feels disingenuous...do I get no acknowledgement of using the software for over five years now? It would be nice to "test drive" new functions to determine if they offer value in the process. Having to pull out a credit card continually to add more data, or additional users, or test new features can bloat the price tag for Semrush considerably. Finally, having to reach out to Customer Service each time to you need to reconfigure your services is unnecessary in this era of SaaS -- improve the backend account management tool so users can "see" what they are paying for, please.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

primarily data sources, data volume and reporting customization.

Ray

Bang for Your Buck

As a small niche company serving clients throughout the USA and Canada, SEMrush has made us more efficient. We deliver as good or better quality data that larger companies, and still keep it personal.

Pros

SEMrush offers a lot more features compared to similar products/services. Keyword research and site audit is just the tip of the iceberg. The customized reporting is great for distributing to clients or potential clients. The writing assistant tool that connects to Google Docs helps us stay efficient. We also use the social media posting tool, which is a once bonus feature. Also, I started using the marketplace feature, which is an additional cost. SEMrush has the majority of features that marketing folks need.

Cons

There is not enough units in the Plagiarism checks (10) and Social profiles (50) for posting compared to the number of projects (200) in the subscription.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

We use Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog and SEMrush.

Reasons for switching to Semrush

We did use Moz Pro, but found that SEMrush had more features and it is more customizable.

Response from SEMrush

Hi Ray, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Will pass your feedback on units to the team for consideration.

Replied October 2020

Max

A Must Have Tool For Marketers

I have been using Semrush for over two years now and I cannot imagine my professional life without it. It is a really basic but essential part of our marketing growth.

Pros

The ease of use and the simplicity of the UX are unparalleled to other tools out there. The depth of features is also great and I love the fact that it does such a good training job to make things easy.

Cons

The reports and downloads are not too customizable which adds an extra layer of effort.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

Semrush was the cheaper alternative and simple enough to use and train staff on.

Reasons for switching to Semrush

Ahrefs was too complicated and not user-friendly. There was a much bigger learning curve.

Ankur

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

Firstly I did a comparison of features providing by both the tool and me found SEMrush better than Ahrefs. Also, pricing of Ahrefs is higher than SEMrush.

Reasons for switching to Semrush

I don't find all the things under a single roof, also all the data I don't find crystal clear data and useful.

Naz

Swiss Army Knife of SEO Tools

Overall I'd say an 8 out of 10. Customer service is good, the tools are powerful and data-rich and help me make powerful conclusions.

Pros

The UX, range of tools and insights are great. This is a really powerful tool. I love the projects and the ability to manage backlinks and cleanups. The content management is very nifty too!

Cons

I dislike the fact you've to spend $100 dollars per month to get white label SEO reports. Also, I'm not too keen on the sales guys pushing new deals and not supporting old deals (a few friends have experienced this). Previous I wanted to upgrade to an annual plan and essentially I'd lose some of the benefits I had, that didn't make sense.

Reasons for choosing Semrush

Value for money, functionality and dashboard at the time of sign up.

This is a richer tool

Response from SEMrush

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback! The revised pricing model includes either new features or alters additional to main tier product's prices. However, we always value our loyal customers and provide them with the unique opportunity to stay on the same level of subscription for the same price! - Ed

Replied July 2021