All Smartsheet Reviews

Smartsheet User Review

Alessio

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Excellent workflow

PROS

Smartsheet excels with its user-friendly interface, combining spreadsheet familiarity with real-time collaboration. It supports various project management methods, integrates seamlessly with popular tools, and offers impressive automation features that I had never seen before. I find it an excellent software.

CONS

Smartsheet's advanced features have a learning curve, obviously and the cost may be prohibitive for smaller businesses. I can't say anything else negative.

Megan

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Critical in daily management

I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

PROS

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

CONS

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Excel is not robust enough to do what smartsheet does. We still use Excel daily but from a tracking perspective, we were crashing the software daily with the volume of work we had.

Christian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Smartsheet is a top-notch tool for teamwork

We used to have to do everything by hand, but now, with smarsheet, everything is done automatically, including time tracking and project progress reports.

PROS

Keeping a change journal and keeping track of your plans might help you see problems and start fixing them before they derail your project. I enjoy that Smartsheet may be used in a variety of different ways. Because of the high degree of personalization available, it can be put to use by virtually anyone.

CONS

The various templates should be simple to manage. The inability to properly plan and monitor the Product Design Team's actions is a significant obstacle.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Gantt charts are well-organized and simple to use after you learn the basics. Still developing, but showing promise as a team asset. My team now has instantaneous access to the additional information I've been able to add to our job cards using smart sheet's job codes and jobs.

Teresa

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Project Management Made Easy

PROS

It has been so easy to map out project deliverables, milestones, due dates, and stay on top of all of the projects going on with the team. It is also easy to pinpoint where a project may be stuck (for ex: awaiting stakeholder approval). Additionally, we are able to create dashboards to visualize resource utilization and we have also made use of the forms feature to collect user feedback amongst the team.

CONS

I am still tinkering and learning the tool, but would be nice to make it more interactive and collaborative. For example with other project management tools I've used in the past (Basecamp) we are able to attach creatives and directly send and alert a stakeholder to approve within the tool. Additionally, I dislike how I always have to press save when updating the project trackers as it doesn't autosave.

Kristi

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

There are better options

PROS

It wasn’t horrible, but it feels very— dos? Not sure how else to explain it, but it isn’t pretty, it doesn’t have a nice u/x. Since using it, I’ve used Monday which I think does similar things, it just looks a whole lot nicer.

CONS

No frills, nothing you could present or share in a client facing way.

Cristyn

Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Excellent cloud-based document and project management tool

Simple GANTT-based scheduler with the ability to create forward-calculating schedule templates. Colleagues are reminded of upcoming deadlines and have the option to set benchmarks. It's possible, though time-consuming, to generate reports.

PROS

It's quite user-friendly.I use it all the time for my projects because it's so simple to work with. I've experimented with all of the included functions, and if I ever get lost, I just reach out to customer support for help.

CONS

Making the reports I require is a huge hassle. The database's ability to retrieve and organize data already in existence is inadequate. Creating my reports probably took me between fifty and sixty hours.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

It's fantastic that the software is easy to use and feels familiar. The ability to just drag and drop documents into place is very convenient. Multiple investment indices have been employed by us. A lot of the features still remain a mystery to me. This alone makes it worth the yearly subscription fee in my book.

Kelsea

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

In terms of project management, Smartsheet is fantastic

Assignees and due dates have been set for all tasks in Smartsheet. No one gets confused about their roles or deadlines because everyone is on the same page.

PROS

The capability to see, filter, and modify tasks in real time within the same view, as well as assign new projects to individual team members, is a key feature of scheduling software.

CONS

There has to be refinement to the reporting aspect so that you can have a deeper understanding of resource allocation and project progress.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Team members can track their tasks, get notifications when they're due, and make changes as needed. Each week, the department's leadership receives an email with a report detailing the progress of ongoing projects.

Julianna

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Smartsheet Review

PROS

I love that it a collaborative sheet. It is easy to keep track of on going projects and the status of the projects.

CONS

There is nothing that I dislike about smartsheets.

Brendan

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Smartsheet

PROS

Very helpful with creating spreadsheet that are better for coordinating than Excel

CONS

Some of the user permissions can be tricky to understand but overall they work fine

Nicolas

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Improve real-time collaboration

Smartsheet has allowed me to streamline my workflows, improve collaboration with my team, and perform financial analysis more efficiently.

PROS

I like its ability to create and manage spreadsheets online has significantly improved my efficiency. Advanced features, such as formulas and pivot tables, allow me to analyze data faster and more accurately. In addition, the ability to collaborate in real time with my team has facilitated communication and coordination.

CONS

While Smartsheet is an excellent tool, it requires some learning time to take full advantage of all its functions and features.

Valente

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Smartsheet is real Smart!

We started using this product during the pandemic and it made our lives easy. Many of us had to enter our health reports and by using Smartsheet's, we could do it with a few clicks or finger taps from our cell phone.

PROS

You can work on it from your office or cell phone with ease.

CONS

None. It is a great product which makes my work easier when in the office.

Christine

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Perfect Tool

PROS

I love all about smartsheet. It makes my life easier. I use this tool for my small business. One of the best feature they have is the Project Management where I can set a plan, track and manage projects. With this platform I am able to set due dates and allowing my team members to work together on projects. I'm very happy that I have Smartsheet in my life.

CONS

I love all about Smartsheet since the first time I tried it. All I can say is it's Perfect!

Christian

Food Production, 51-200 employees

The Smartest Sheet

Amazing resourse with multilevel use cases. Definitely recommend

PROS

The ability to coordinate with other departments instantly greatly improved productivity and ordering speeds

CONS

Having to manually edit peoples unsaved mistakes has been slightly frustrating

Nedim

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Overview

We could solve and manage all our tasks and deploy thwm further.

PROS

We used it for a long time, scheduling tasks and to-do lists, creating sheets for project management such as job application management.

CONS

Overall nothing is missing, maybe integration with third-party apps was taking a bit time.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

It was highly recommended by colleagues from other agencies.

Ryan

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Smartsheet is a great Project Scheduling tool, and so much more

I love Smartsheet! It has become an indispensable tool in organizing and visualizing the work we do everyday!

PROS

Smartsheet is much easier to use for Project Managemen than the classic Microsoft Project software I was originally trained on. It allows people to manage work with the intelligence of a project scheduling tool, but with an easy to understand and use spreadsheet interface. Since Smartsheet is a cloud product, each Smartsheet is available from any computer by just logging into the website, or even from their mobile app. Another great Project Management benefits is that the Project Manager can share a Smartsheet with their whole team to collaborate together. We also use the Smartsheet for Jira Connector which allows us to sync information back and forth between the two systems. Jira can be complicated to navigate, and the dashboarding can be really frustrating. This connector allows us to keep track of individual tickets associated with a project, and even lets us import massive data sets for analysis. Finally, we have ended up using Smartsheet as a dashboarding tool. It's actually surprisingly good as a Business Intelligence visualization tool for keeping track of our projects, and for displaying Jira dashboarding.

CONS

Like any software there are small quirks I'd like to see changed, or hotkeys added, but overall I'm impressed with the constant cadence of feature updates and enhancements.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

Better collaborative and cloud-hosted options and a cheaper price point.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheet is easier to use, is cloud-hosted, and has online collaborative features to engage the project team and stakeholders.

Cecilia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Awesome software

I love Smarsheet because it made my work easier. Now I can have collaboration from my entire company and get fast results.

PROS

-easy to use and costumize -more than one user can modify simultaneously -you can add your company's logo -you can set group and individual reminders - Cell history, which can tell who and when it was modified. -different views: calendar, grid, card, and Gantt

CONS

- not all reminders can be set with time to remind - can't add a conditional formatting based on time - if your Smartsheet is big, formulas added can take forever to update the information, so you need to refresh it all times, even if you change settings to save automatically.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

More options and could be tailored to our needs

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Because I needed a tool that would have also a calendar view, and that could be exported to Excel format for future references.

Andrea

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Best thing since sliced bread

This software makes everything we do so streamlined and easy. We literally load all of our projects into smartsheet so that we can all manage them. I don't think that I could do my job as efficiently without it. There is s certain project we do once a year where we update pricing on all website items with all of our suppliers. Being able to keep this data in SS, then send our suppliers update requests to load in the data has been a life saver! Keeping track of work along with managing the project has become a breeze.

PROS

The thing I like the most is the transparency or the collaboration. To be able to easily see what others are doing and manage them together, set reminders and send update requests is what makes our company run well.

CONS

I think there have been a few times that we have maxed out on number of lines. I don't know why that there is a throttle there, but that's probably my only complaint is that some of our sheets get large and max out!

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

Cost versus flexibility of the product. Easy adoption period. We were right.... it took some time, but everyone eventually jumped on board and enjoy it.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

We needed something different and more collaborative. I don't know Google Docs well enough, but it was not as easy to tie sheets together and send or receive info.

Andy

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

A must-have tool for project management!

By being able to check the progress of tasks in detail (confirmation of delays), it was possible to allocate human resources optimally. In a project with a fixed release schedule, it is necessary to move forward efficiently, so I am very grateful to be able to understand this. A convenient editing function that allows multiple people to edit at the same time online and a free sharing setup with no limit to the number of people. A Gantt chart can be created intuitively.

PROS

It is mainly used for the management of projects that occur frequently in the company. The main tasks of each project and the secondary tasks linked to them can be managed in detail and in a visual and easy-to-understand way, which is useful to understand the progress and bottlenecks of the project. It is nice to see alerts for overdue tasks.Additionally, a lot of templates are available that can be used for any project, which is very helpful.

CONS

The templates are perfect, but there were many times when I hesitated because I often wondered which template to use in the first place. I thought it would be nice to have a feature that would recommend this template for such a project.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

I used it to see the approximate schedule of tasks, plus set due dates for individual tickets. Gantt charts are often handled in duplicate with other tools, but we were able to minimize the burden because it was easy to create.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

The user interface is good. There are several project management tools, but if you want to manage a project with a relatively long time period and detailed tasks, I think this tool is the only choice.

Venita

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

If you are old school Excel this tool is going to take some getting used to!

if you are new to Smartsheets and expecting it to be like Excel? Think again! While it may have a similar look and feel, it offers much more and can be confusing to use at first. However, don't worry once you get the hang of it you are going to LOVE this product!

PROS

SmartSheets is an incredibly powerful tool that offers much more features than Excel. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find that the possibilities are endless. The best part is that there are plenty of online tutorials available to help you learn and become proficient in using SmartSheets. With just a little patience and practice, you'll be a pro in no time!

CONS

One area where SmartSheets could improve is in providing more consistent and reliable customer support. While there are many online tutorials available, when users encounter issues that require more complex solutions, having responsive and helpful customer support can make all the difference in their experience with the software.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

My former company decided to use Smartsheets over Excel.