Tableau

Tableau Reviews

RATING:

(1946)

• icon"Fantastic user interface. The data visualization functionality is very powerful and really helps tell the stories behind the data."
  • icon"Its greatest strength is its flexibility to accept almost any kind of data and form them into displays with each other."
  • icon"I use this on a daily basis to check the stats of my surveys for my job. I love how convenient it is to see how great of a job I am doing for customers."
  • icon"There are some limitations (eg. email alert layout is extremely limited, you can only drag the date range filter as opposed to selecting dates). Some of our dashboards load very slowly."
  • icon"Tableau does lack functionality and is hard to use. There are scaling issues."
  • icon"The support we pay for is almost worthless. We frequently solve the problem ourselves and it is time consuming to submit everything via their helpdesk with nothing to show for it."

Browse all Tableau Reviews

• Have you used Tableau and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,914 reviews

Gaurav

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

The easiest tool for Dataviz

Dante

November 2022

Excellent user friendly data visualisation tool

Great

Pros

I love the ease of Tableau in that once you connect your data sources it becomes very easy to create beautiful visuals and dashboards.

Cons

The license costs are beyond what I would pay for personally, but I do enjoy using it when working with my clients.

The intuitive interface.

Vinod

Industry: Oil & Energy

August 2022

Amazing to process data from multiple sources

The tool is must and Tableau prep is more effective as it reduce the data cleaning work drastically. Even you can use processed data to Python or some other analytics rather than Tableau Dashboard itself.

Pros

Tableau has a tool called Prep which is quite handy for data import from multiple sources be it excel, relational table, plain text. You can easily refine the data and further use it for analytics.

Cons

Selecting features during preparation of visual analytics is quite cumbersome. Also chart selection and fitting the data require so much of training.

Reasons for switching to Tableau

Analytics used to be done using php programming which takes time and no data cleaning feature.

Julia

Great BI/Visualization tool

It has a lot of features whereas some smaller types of products have very limited functionalities. Some options though have a much easier way of sharing/introducing new users, while for Tableau some extra configuration is required.

Pros

The best feature is the data visualization aspect of it; the tool can pretty much do and extract whatever analysis needed from the database.

Cons

Tableau is a tool that needs a great technical background for working on - without some extensive training there could not be multiple users in the organization. The level of investment is as any other data visualization tools, so depending on how much the tool will be used and how many users the company has, it might be a big financial investment.

Reasons for switching to Tableau

As data insertion becomes huge, graphs and charts become quite unreadable and slow; same databases probably have a more well-performing reporting on Power BI, for instance.

Anastacia

Tableau

Overall I do not miss using Tableau. It had a lot of features and add-ons that you could use but many of them served in a limited capacity.

Pros

Honestly, the KPI management was the main thing we used Tableau for and it worked well but the system had many bugs and issues. The data that it put together once it was going was beautiful but the time and energy to get it to that place was tricky.

Cons

The system was so easy to break or go down. Anytime we integrated a new data plug it would always take a while to populate the data etc.

Curtis

August 2022

Wonderful tool at a great price.

Overall, great! I’ve introduced Tableau to numerous clients, and they’ve all been extremely pleased.

Pros

Visually compelling, easy to use software. Great online support, both through Tableau and other users of their product. 12+ year user. I absolutely love it.

Cons

My only complaint is the inability for pixel perfect, PDF printing. Personally, I don’t print things. BUT a lot of people still do. The lack of functionality requires us to be more than a one stop shop.

Reasons for switching to Tableau

Much easier to use, and get developers up to speed.

Muzaffarhusain

November 2022

Industry leader data visualization software

I was using Powerbi desktop before but it couldn't handle a large amount of data, whereas Tableau can handle a large amount of data very well and it is fast. Tableau viewer monthly plans are budget-friendly. I really love using Tableau

Pros

It is very much easy to implement and the dashboard is quite decent. Very efficient software for businesses in terms of reporting

Cons

Tableau creator monthly plans are a little bit high. Customer support needs to be improved.

Reasons for switching to Tableau

Powerbi couldn't handle large amount of data. It was taking much time that's why I switched to Tableau.

Voronov Mirosslav

September 2022

Tableau una buena altenativa de BI

Lo usamos como herramienta de Cuadro de Mando de Control, como herramienta de visualización de los avances y alcances

Pros

Es bastante simple en su manejo, especialmente si los datos ya han sido tratados y no requiere mayor esfuerzo

Cons

Algunas limitaciones que se encontraban en el armado de las graficas y visualizaciones

Reasons for choosing Tableau

Cuando ingrese a mis funciones y cargo, ya se tenia la elección hecha, y se continuo con su uso debido a la familiaridad con la que los usuarios tenían con ella

Raj

October 2022

Powerful and easy to use data analysis tool

Pros

There are different types of charts and graphs available for data visualisation. The dashboards are updated on a real-time basis and can be shared with others. The interface of the dashboard is intuitive and allows the import or export of datasets in different formats.

Cons

The processing of data becomes slower when dealing with large datasets. The complex functions can be made more simplified.

Amit

Industry: Oil & Energy

Helpful tool for Dashboard and Data representation

A recommended Tableau for Dashboard, data presentation, and for various reports in projects. At set-up it takes time but after that, it is very easy to pull up data and Feed into tableau. Also, it can be linked with MS Teams which is an additional feature

Pros

Its function is quite user-friendly and it has so many templates and formats to make your task easy and presentable. Many views are available to show the data and very also it helps end user to view and understand the status very easily.

Cons

As of now, I don't feel any such things that I least like. It help me reduce my work so nothing bad at all.

Amit

Tableau - A Reliable Data Visualization Tool

Overall Tableau provides a good platform works similar to some other tools in market but it has its own set of features which gives it genuine edge over others.

Pros

The options to connect various data sources to generate good visualizations easy to understand has been a great experience along-with the good results obtained via various data teams work is really helped via this great tool.

Cons

It has hardly any demerits as we have been able to generate good analytics info for end users who have been able to utilize it for their day to day works.

Ravi

September 2022

Perfect tool for data visualization

Pros

We used tableau for data visualisation and for monitoring our daily KPIs. The integrations work like a charm with Tableau and it's allows us to only go to one platform to check product performance and also to see how business is doing. Very easy to create custom reports as well for quick data analysis.

Cons

Very rarely you find some perfect products, in my view, Tableau is one of them.

Industry: Semiconductors

Good data visualization tool

This platform has all the necessary tools to present quality and visually pleasing reports, with the facility to integrate data from multiple sources.

Pros

Its user interface is very nice and intuitive. It offers the tools to easily create visually appealing and easy to understand dashboards. The integration with different data sources is excellent. It allows to present data tailored to the needs of the company, which help to make the best decisions in real time.

Cons

I would like this platform to simplify some functions, especially those that are more complex.

Federico

June 2022

The best Visualization Solution

Really impressed on the way this tools works, as easy as drag and drop fields in an Excel pivot table, in addition, Tableau won't allow yo to develop wrongful charts.

Pros

We really like the easiness to upload and prepare data visualizations, charts, graphics and dashboards. It works with the mains data files such as text crv, xls and google sheet documents. They have a free version which present the main functionalities, perfect for a small business, then if you need to upgrade to a paid version the process is very simple. Their forums and community really support, and help to improve, learn and develop great visualizations.

Cons

As any other solution, it takes some investigation and learning to understand the way it works and how to prepare robust presentations in Tableau. Some older versions do not allow roll back. Some sharing and analytic challenges are presented and really wish they develop additional features.

Reasons for choosing Tableau

Once we started working with Tableau, we would not change to another solution because the way we work with the tool fits our opertive needs.

Reasons for switching to Tableau

Tableau is a better product for the easiness and the complete customer service experience.

Shane

Tableau Recommendation

Tableau allows complex data to be simplified by visualizing it. We can take a complicated digital marketing budget daily task and implement it via Tableau user dashboards etc. This will then open possibilities to automating specific processes that are a part of the whole task. Another point in my experience - we can totally use Tableau to create a dashboard that allows non-technical stakeholders to understand technical data via dashboards.

Pros

- Amazing data visualization capabilities - Tableau can comfortably handle large amounts of data. A million rows of data can be visualized without affecting the overall performance of the dashboard - Dashboards can be built interactively using the drag & drop function - It runs effectively and efficiently across different devices & -

Cons

- There seems to be no schedule or automatic refresh functionality - There is no custom visual import option available - Scaling may cause potential high costs if the organization is huge

Tableau is the best data visualization tool on the market and offers great value for money.

Tableau has allowed me to present complex data in a very simple and easily understandable way thanks to the many visualisations available. This has made presenting findings and reporting to senior management as well as clients very easy. Tableau has been very reliable and has been a one stop solution for all my company's data analytics needs mainly due to the fact that it allows us to combine all our data across various tools and work on them together.

Pros

My company heavily relies on Microsoft Excel to initially record and store data so I like the fact that Tableau easily allows you to import spreadsheets from Excel as raw data which can be transformed into great visualisations using Tableau's powerful features. I also like the fact that Tableau allows you to combine data from different sources and work on them together. One feature I find most helpful is report scheduling which updates reports automatically each day. This allows me to automate a repetitive task which I would have had to devote time to doing each day and allows me to easily monitor key metrics.

Cons

Tableau can be quite slow when working with larger datasets. Also, although Tableau has great visualisations for data, I feel there needs to be more statistical functionalities to be able to derive better and more in depth insights from data.

Masa

The de facto tool for all future analytical instrumentation professionals

It helped me to combine multiple data sets and create easy-to-understand graphs. I used to use Access and Excel to create matrix tables and graphs, but with the sequential conversion to Tableau, I was able to obtain results in about an hour instead of a full day, which dramatically reduced our work time. The result was a dramatic improvement in efficiency. As I was able to drill down and deepen our analysis, I was able to visualize things that I had not been able to express before, and I was able to notice issues that I had missed. The data mart was built at the same time as the introduction of Tableau, and the data sources are now centrally managed, which strengthens governance. Since I can now check the results on a daily basis, which I used to be able to check only on a weekly basis, the speed of the PDCA cycle has increased, and I am now able to challenge various ideas more ambitiously. The ability to visualize data in an easy-to-understand manner has made the task of "communicating" easier.

Pros

I used to use Access and Excel to create reports on data aggregation and analysis of the current situation, which changed every day, and I had to repeat the same tasks over and over again each time. However, since I started to use Tableau, the freshness of the most important data has not deteriorated, and I can visually view the data reflecting almost real-time data. The basic operation is not difficult for beginners. The basic operations are easy to get used to, even for beginners, and it is not that difficult to get started. I can organize data that Excel can't handle and put it together in a way that is easy to understand, and I can use the UI to cross-tabulate, graph, and visualize changes in numerical values, making it very convenient to use. Another advantage is that no knowledge of SQL or other programming languages is required to handle the data. Since visualization can be done interactively, which is usually difficult when there is a considerable amount of data, it is easy to make considerations based on the data. Since it is possible to quickly change the chart (change the aggregation unit, change the axis, change the filter, etc.), it is easy to get new insights since it is stress-free to look at the data, consider the results, and change the approach again. Data visualization that involves aggregation is powerful anyway.

Cons

I would like to see a more complete set of manuals. Statistical knowledge is not necessary, but some of the expressions on the screen are difficult to interpret, and it takes time to get used to them. The visualization is not intuitive, and when you try to do something a little more elaborate, it has its own quirks, and I think it requires training to make the visualization look the way you want. As for the display format of the graph, you can easily switch the format by selecting from the palette, but it is difficult to find the menu for things like drawing auxiliary lines. Sometimes it takes a long time to load the data, so it would be very helpful if that could be improved. It doesn't depend on the size of the data or the environment of the PC, so I would really like to see this improved. It tends to be very slow due to slow loading of data and loading every time you switch tabs. It is not suitable for advanced analytical simulations such as statistical analysis or predictive modeling. It is only a visualization tool. I would like to see more options for license types and prices. The price hurdle is too high, so please make it easier to introduce.

Thomas

A premium option at a premium price point

Overall Tableau is a great BI/Visualization tool where the only limitations are what your team can do with it. The platform itself has every bell and whistle you could want and provides a ton of customization for various use cases. The challenge arises when moving to the logistical management of the platform, specifically around access, user education and price. While it might be great for individual organizations, our use case of deploying dashboards to hundreds of clients just isn’t what Tableau was built for. If you have the right use case and team to support it, it’s a fantastic option. But if you’re lacking in those areas (or perhaps want a tool with more automatic BI/AI capabilities), there’s likely a better option for your organization.

Pros

There is a reason that Tableau is synonymous with data visualization tools to many people and organizations. It’s a premium product that can do pretty much whatever you want it to. Tableau’s features are limitless and with the proper resources to maintain and deploy it, you’ll rarely identify capabilities that it doesn’t have. It is truly a BI tool that enables your team to overcome any obstacle they face. I specifically enjoyed some of the advanced visualization capabilities of Tableau that more “basic” tools don’t offer. The time series visualizations are easy to configure and are always a crowd favorite. The ability to deploy on-premise or in the cloud means that organizations can configure to their preference. All in all, it is an incredibly powerful tool that leaves very few stones unturned.

Cons

The three biggest drawbacks to our organization continuing with Tableau were ease of use, cost scalability and functional scalability. Tableau is not the tool for organizations that lack technical resources. It’s not as “plug and play” as other options on the market and requires significant training of architects to fully take advantage of all its capabilities. Tableau also isn’t the ideal solution if price is an obstacle in your organization. Frankly, it ain’t cheap. Depending on your desired level of investment and the number of users you’ll need, it can run the tab up quickly. Additionally, user management in Tableau itself isn’t an issue, but deployment presents its challenges. Other options on the market are much easier to introduce users to (here’s your login, go to this URL and boom, you’re good to go) whereas Tableau requires more configuration. This is dependent on which Tableau version you utilize, but there are efforts involved in scaling the platform.

Reasons for choosing Tableau

Frankly, these two products couldn’t be more opposite. While Geckoboard is easy to configure and scale, it is INCREDIBLY limited in functionality and visualization options. They just aren’t even the same type of tool, though we considered both for scalable dashboard needs. We eventually moved to Grow as our permanent solution since it was a kind of middle ground between these two extremes.

Monish