• Pros

• "The ease of use of this service is one of my favorite parts. Having everything in one place and paperless are both bonuses!"

• "Learning and using the program is so easy. It is an intuitive program that even the least tech savvy individual can pick it up quickly and easily."

• "It is very intuitive and user friendly. As a new employee, I have been able to learn the software quickly and employ new features. "

• Cons

• "In the beginning I didn't like it because of formatting issues when you cut and paste from word, but it has improved alot!"

• "My least favorite thing is that search items do not appear in date order. Regardless, it is an outstanding tool and easy to use."

• "Form changes are still a little difficult, but changes are making this process easier."

Browse BoardDocs Reviews

Priscilla from St. Charles Parish School Board

As a past executive secretary to the school board in St. Charles Parish, I used BoardDocs daily!

Pros

The software is a tremendous Time savings for my position. The accuracy of voting and record keeping is top quality, the transparent for constituents is absolutely amazing and acceptable. The fact that users submit agenda items with attachments if need be is a plus! Capability of making corrections is a big help to me. . Record keeping is definitely a plus! The customer service is quick and knowledgeable. They are very friendly and efficient with concerns and returning phone calls.

Cons

I can honestly say that since day one of using the board docs software we have had no downtime, no issues, and no major problems . I cannot think of any cons with the software. The annual conference is great but could use more sessions for users with more experience. Otherwise, I have no problems or suggestions for the program. We have implemented almost 99 percent of the software options. Thanks for an amazing service!

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Priscilla, thank you for sharing this review! We are so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the BoardDocs product and team.

Jan from School Board of Okaloosa County

Choose BoardDocs

BoardDocs has enabled our group to go from a paper agenda with supporting documents to an electronic agenda with the same documentation in an efficient manner. It offers transparency to our constituents who can access any information concerning the business of our School Board. Our users frequently comment on the ease of using BoardDocs and cannot imagine any other option of accessing public records, agendas, Minutes, and policies, by any other means.

Pros

BoardDocs is user friendly. We have over 35 administrative users and with one walk-through of instruction from our local Super Publisher, a new user understands and is able to navigate the system. At the request of the customer, BoardDocs offers webinar support for new users as well, offering hands-on instruction. BoardDocs is user friendly to the public users as well. They can access Board member information, policies, agendas, Minutes, and supporting documentation with ease and little to no questions. BoardDocs programmers upgrade annually to enhance their product without interruption to the users and with no drastic cosmetic changes that are confusing. BoardDocs makes going paperless easy. A very reliable software program. Little to no server shutdown occurrences that prevent usage.

Cons

Corrections to reported "bugs" are slow. Up to a year in a lot of cases. Programming issues are not resolved in a timely manner (in the instances that have affected our group). Ring Central for remote access does not work for our group; perhaps a second option could be offered. NOTE TO BOARDDOCS: The survey that BoardDocs offers occasionally after support resolutions. I do not complete the survey due to the time it takes and the repeated entry of user information that is required. A recommendation would be to offer a survey with embedded user information (so user information does not need to be entered); and is already completed with checked boxes at the #5 rating (offering boxes for ratings 1-5); the user has the option to click "Submit" (with all boxes checked as is), or can opt to change a rating of any boxes, and a box to type in remarks at the bottom. It would take about 5 seconds for the user to complete; and it gives valuable feedback to the company regarding the performance of their support team.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Jan, thanks so much for taking time to write a detailed review and for sharing constructive feedback. We love getting suggestions from our users as we continue to make improvements to our platform and our processes, and will certainly take your comments into account. It's wonderful to hear that overall your experience with BoardDocs has been positive. Thank you for being a customer!

Jacqueline from Randolph County Schools

BoardDocs Review

This has been a huge time saver, and I highly recommend it to anyone in public education.

Pros

This software has been a Godsend. Everything is so easy to set up and maintain. My agendas and meetings are a breeze. I have found that, once I got the hang of it, policy updates are much easier. The collaboration between BoardDocs and Neola makes changes much easier. I love the fact that I can feature any policy changes that are up for 30-day review, making it easier for the public to see the proposed changes and provide comments.

Reasons for Choosing BoardDocs

BoardDocs was recommended by another school district in West Virginia.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review Jacqueline!

Christine from Education Services

Reduces public transparency

Miserable and not a single other Community member has had a positive reaction to this subtle way to make the workings of a large public institution just a little more inaccessible.

Pros

Thinking about when this will no longer be used.

Cons

Documents jump around when you try to view them on a phone. Impossible to load a document to your phone. Very difficult to save documents to your own computer. Difficult and inconsistent path to finding agenda for meetings from month to month. Reduces transparency of College functions—seems designed to do that. Should not be allowed for use in public institutions.

Ann from Annville-Cleona School District

My experience using BoardDocs has been extremely positive. The software is very user friendly.

It provides for a much less stressful work environment especially when preparing for a Board meeting. The district saves money by not having to copy huge amounts of paper for each Board meeting.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the technical support provided by BoardDocs. The Help feature in the software is great and the response time when I call BoardDocs directly with a question is exemplary. I can count on an immediate response. I use both the online Policy and Board Meeting software. I was able to confidently work in the programs almost immediately. Using BoardDocs has made preparing for Board meetings so much easier and less stressful for me. I'm impressed with the ability to attach all backup documents directly into BoardDocs and to be able to determine who can view which documents. Preparing minutes after Board meetings is also a smooth process. Finally, I believe BoardDocs has made it much more efficient for the Board of School Directors to provide information to the community it serves. Administrators, teachers and community member quickly view Board Policies and review Board meeting agendas and minutes from the district's website via a direct link to BoardDocs. Reviewing and updating Board policies is very easy and efficient, as well, and again provides a direct link for anyone to review all current policies. I've worked as the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent for almost 30 years and I can say without hesitation that BoardDocs has been the most useful software I've ever been asked to learn and has saved me the most time and effort in my work day.

Cons

In the 2+ years I've been working in the BoardDocs, I can't think of anything I really don't like about the software

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Ann, it's wonderful to hear that we have helped relieve board meeting related stress! Thank you for sharing this positive and thoughtful review, and for being a valued customer.

Michele from Teton County School District #1

Outstanding use of time, organization and transparency. I will never work again without BoardDocs!

Benefits I get from using BoardDocs are numerous. First of all, it is so fun to use, the support from BoardDocs staff is great. The immediate benefit was the time savings and ease of distribution. Instead of stopping to research a federal doctrine, mandate, state statute or form is merely a click on the link. I never tire of showing others how fast and easy it is to use BoardDocs.

Pros

Hard to describe what I like most because I value all of the BoardDocs offerings. Since we started using BoardDocs in 2009, the time savings alone is invaluable, and it is truly paperless! Upgrades just make it better and better. But the efficiency of using this software, the support, the webinars, transparency, policies, archived documents, and uses in board meetings is truly incredible. Through BoardDocs, I make our District open and transparent, I can retrieve data in seconds, and I am able to use BoardDocs on my phone, iPad, computer, as it is truly mobile. I am a valued employee in helping make this School District shine! The training is outstanding and easy to grasp. For all that, I am so grateful for the software that I will not do what I do without BoardDocs!

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Michele -- it's great to hear that we've saved you time in prepping for board meetings. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the platform and team!

Donna from West Hills Community College District

BoardDocs has been a game-changer for our district. Easy implementation!

Greater efficiency and organization

Pros

The features and functionality of BoardDocs have exceeded our expectations and needs and have provided efficiencies beyond measure. The development and publishing of agendas and minutes is easy and hassle-free. Last minute changes are a breeze!

Cons

There is very little that I don't like about BoardDocs, and perhaps one of the only things I would change is the ability to quickly see and manage the "people" list and who is assigned to which committees. As we have a large number of committees, it is sometimes important to be able to see who is assigned to which committees overall.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Donna, we're so happy to hear that BoardDocs has been a game-changer for your district! Thank you for providing valuable feedback about committee assignments, and for taking time to write a review.

Jody from Hughson Unified School District

Time saver!

Creating and editing agendas used to take me much longer. With BoardDocs, creating and editing of agendas is incredibly easy. I like the ability to search (however, the search tool isn't the easiest to then find what you are looking for).

Pros

BoardDocs enables me to quickly and efficiently create, organize, copy and modify my agendas. It also enables me to easily house all past and present agendas so our staff and public can easily view our agendas and minutes. Duplicating past agendas and agenda items is a snap!!

Cons

The cost of the version that allows minutes creation is a bit pricey; however, I've found a pretty easy work-around to creating my minutes. When I first signed up with BoardDocs, customer service was one of the best I'd ever dealt with. In a past couple of years, customer service is definitely not at the same level. Searching past agendas could be streamlined somewhat (like having agenda in order by date).

Reasons for Choosing BoardDocs

At the time, I choose BoardDocs based on pricing and customer service support.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review, Jody! We're constantly working on product improvements - stay tuned for our upcoming releases!

Judy from Hesston USD 460

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy and Excellent

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to create agendas and to move agenda items around within meetings or between meetings. Also, the search function is amazing. Because we have been using BoardDocs since 2007, and agendas include a large number of attachments, we are able to pull up archived items with just a few clicks rather than searching through file folders and hard copy Board minutes.

Cons

The only drawback I see is the cost. Thankfully, our Board and administration continue to value the investment in this product. It is such a timesaver in my position!

Response from BoardDocs

Replied January 2020

Judy - thank you for taking the time to submit a review!

Ann from Oceanside Unified School District

Changed Work-life!

My overall experience with BoardDocs has been excellent. My entire team of users enjoy working with it and being able to go in and make corrections to their item(s) without it being such a hassle.

Pros

This software saved my life! Before BoardDocs, I created by board agenda in a word document and then converted it to a PDF document for my board members. I was the one entering in the individual board items. My board agenda would take me sometimes an entire week of work to create and make it available to the board as well as the public. I am no longer stressed, overworked and I can leave work on time and not go home and continue to work.

Cons

I wish the software had a function that will inform other users as to 'why' I had to reject a board item they submitted. I haven't yet begin to work with taking my board minutes in board docs because I think there are too many steps to make this happen. I haven't really wrapped my thoughts around this process.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review, Ann! Our support team will be happy to walk you through best practices and steps you can take to improve your current workflow. Simply email support@boarddocs.com or call 1-800-407-0141 to reach the team.

Laurie from Perkiomen Valley School District

My experience with BoardDocs has been very positive over the 9 years we've used the program.

I don't know that there's anything I dislike about the software other than a couple of quirky things mostly because it's a cloud-based program. Nothing major -- copying and pasting into the content areas and cleaning up formatting but I've learned how to manage it.

Pros

It is a very user-friendly program and has so many options to fit what we need for Board meetings, committee meetings, policies, and communications. Options are available to make information public or remain confidential. We can customize who has access to meetings and committees and change settings that work best for us. Taking notes and recording votes during Board and committee meetings are easy which makes preparing minutes much quicker than when we did them manually. One of the nicest features is having historical access to all our Board and committee information in one location that is searchable and easy to access. Their customer service team is the best!! They respond and resolve issues quickly and offer ongoing free webinars to keep us updated on new features.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Laurie -- thank you for sharing this thoughtful review! We love hearing that BoardDocs has been helpful in board meeting management, and that you've had a positive experience with our support team.

Cindy from Huntington County Community School Corporation

BoardDocs is outstanding! BoardDocs has saved multiple staff members in our district time & money.

Time saved creating agendas and minutes, ability to work ahead producing multiple agendas, ability to search for documents, can work from any device with internet access anywhere, ability to review and give final approval to agenda item submission by other staff members, almost no paper to print, and the ability to spend valuable time other job duties due to the efficiency of BoardDocs Pro.

Pros

Super easy to use BoardDocs Pro, paperless, different individuals can submit agenda items, approval trees, agendas and attachments are searchable (ours and other district users), easy to re-order agenda items, drag and drop attachments, ability to work ahead on multiple draft agendas, automatically generates emails when making a meeting active/featured, online voting, use from any device with internet access (smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC), multiple levels of access for appropriate users, links with NEOLA School Board Policies, and Awesome Customer Support from very friendly people, maybe I should just say ..... everything.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Cindy, it's great to hear that you're using all the different features BoardDocs Pro has to offer, to make board meeting management more efficient. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful review and for being a customer!

Kathleen from Howard County Public School System

BoardDocs is an outstanding tool that is cost effective, time efficient, and provides transparency.

Pros

My favorite thing about BoardDocs is the toolbox provided within the software to run a smooth Board meeting, meet the needs of the Board members, and provide transparency to the community. The "Search" feature is a great tool for use in finding and viewing past Board reports and historical data, which helps Board members have all information needed when making decisions. The "Library" is also an outstanding tool for providing a variety of information to Board members and the public and is unrelated to a Board meeting . Lastly, the ease of uploading information into BoardDocs is simple, efficient and effective, and has reduced the workload of the Board Office Staff.

Cons

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Thank you Kathleen for this wonderful review! We're happy to hear we've helped make board meeting management more efficient and transparent. We appreciate your feedback about the search functionality and will take it into account as we continue to develop the platform.

Rosanne from School District of Pickens County

Love BoardDocs and the ease of use!! Has great features and the customer support is outstanding!

Ease of agenda publications, minutes, board policies and the ability to archive past documents. I can honestly say I don't have any cons on this software. The software is so easy to use, the BoardDocs staff is outstanding and so easy to work with and they have thought about everything you need to make board agendas and meetings go off with such professionalism and class. Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Pros

Makes putting together board packets so easy and can be done from anywhere and anytime. I love being able to put agenda documents in for public, administrative and executive content. Eliminates the need for making multiple packets. Our public and staff appreciate being able to view the agenda during the meeting and see the motions/votes, etc. on the screen during the meetings. Our board loves being able to view documents, minutes, etc from past meetings with a simple search and to have the documents during the meeting electronically vs. hard copies. This product saves me so much time and paper. I can't say enough about how pleased we are with BoardDocs. I would encourage you to look at this product and would put BoardDocs on the top for software products such as this. Each time I've called I receive quick response to questions with knowledgeable staff members. They made the whole process easy and manageable. We were able to bring over our policy manual, past board agendas and minutes within a matter of a few weeks.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

We're thrilled you're liking BoardDocs, Rosanne! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful review and for being a valued customer.

Cynthia from Erie2-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus BOCES

I have found BoardDocs easy to convert to, not only for myself, but for my board and administrators.

Ease of prepping the monthly Board agenda and minutes. It saves time and energy - there is no longer a need to spend hours at a copy machine producing the agenda and backup after spending time typing the body of the agenda. The use of BoardDocs also makes for a more efficient board meeting - the boards members have everything they need at their finger tips and do not need to go through reams of papers to find a specific backup item.

Pros

I like the ease of using the software. It is functional and provides excellent manner to keep accurate records of our board meetings. The search option provides the ability to find previous actions without a hassle. And, the mega search is great when researching policies or those occasional resolutions that are of a different nature.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have ability to do is move attachments into the minutes. I know that the BoardDocs personnel are listening to the field and making adjustments and changes to the functionality of the software and maybe one day this will be one of the new features.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing your positive experience with BoardDocs! It's great to hear that it's made managing board meetings simpler. We really appreciate your feedback and always invite you to provide feature suggestions to our team as we continue to develop our product.

Josephine from Rye City School District

I use BoardDocs almost every day and I especially love their customer support.

I use BoardDocs for meetings and policies. Now NYSSBA also uses BoardDocs to post updated policies, so that also makes viewing and creating policies that much easier.

Pros

Customer support is available 24/7. Not only are they always available, but the phone calls are answered very quickly. I speak to Pia very frequently, and she always goes above and beyond and stays with me to completion to make sure everything was taken care of. Also, they have made a number of improvements to the system regarding formatting and other items.

Cons

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Josephine - thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our dedicated customer support team.

Jackie from Indian Prairie School District 204

BoardDocs Works!

I love that I can provide my board with all the information they need for an upcoming meeting and they can access almost anywhere they are. It has made making last minute changes a breeze, while being able to download the bones for my minutes is also great.

Pros

BoardDocs makes everything about pulling together the agenda and documents for a board meeting quick and efficient. Producing the agenda, providing the board packet to board members and administrators for review, and making the agenda available to the public are all so easy to do. It keeps everything organized. It's easy to make changes.

Cons

It would be nice if it could be a bit more personalized for districts.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Jackie -- thank you for the 5-star review! We're so happy BoardDocs has made the board meeting process easier and more organized for you.

Michele from Teton County School District #1

BoardDocs is easy to use and an amazing software that I highly recommend.

Transparency, organizational qualities and paperless are the greatest benefits. By largely cutting back on copy paper, this District saved more than the annual price for the software.

Pros

The agenda planning, policies, linking capabilities and running the meetings have been such a powerful method of staying transparent, efficient and paperless.

Cons

I wish I could say one thing that I liked least, but I don't have anything to share in this category. BoardDocs has definitely made our School District a premier district that demonstrates good management, is organized and effective, user friendly and transparent.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Michele, we're so happy to hear that BoardDocs has made your school district govern more effectively. Thank you for the 5-star review and for being a valued customer!

Cindy from Huntington County Community School Corporation

Super Easy BoardDocs!

BoardDocs is a wonderful service for me as the Executive Secretary who prepares the school board meeting agendas, our Superintendent, our school board members, our employees and the public. It has been a wonderful experience with the best support and ease of use. I plan to keep it for a very long time. The BoardDocs staff is constantly taking requests for improvements and acting on those requests. Super customer service!

Pros

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con. This software has streamlined the advertising process and meetings.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

We're so glad that BoardDocs has made your life easier, Cindy! Thank you for sharing and for being a customer.

Deborah from Southeastern Regional School District

Absolutely outstanding and a great time saver!

Pros

That everything for my School Committee meetings are in one easy to find place. It is a great time saver for me and gets information to our School Committee members so much quicker that the old paper way.

Cons

There is actually nothing that I don't like about this software. If I have to find a least favorite item, it would be the minutes feature. It works very well but, personally, I would like more word processing features.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Deborah, we're happy to hear BoardDocs has been a helpful time saver! Thank you for your constructive feedback about minutes functionality -- we really value your opinion and will take it into account as we continue to develop our product.

Margaret from Community Consolidated School District 62

Overall the transition to BoardDocs was seamless. I love using the program and would recommend to anyone considering a transition from paper to digital.

Pros

Cons

Formatting documents that are added to BoardDocs can be challenging.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Margaret -- thank you for sharing this review! We're glad to hear that you had an easy transition onto BoardDocs and are finding it helpful. Thank you for your constructive feedback -- please know that our team is always making improvements to our product and will be evaluating changes to existing formatting features.

Wendy from Cleveland Hill UFSD

I LOVE BoardDocs

We have saved lots of time on the front end and back of preparing agendas and minutes. Our audiences is able to view the agenda and motions on the big screen.

Pros

This software saves me so much time! Being able to take notes during the meeting is an absolute time saver. Now I am virtually finished with minutes before the the meeting even ends. All I have to do is clean them up.

Cons

Sometimes during a meeting there is lag time making it uncomfortable for the audience.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Wendy, it's awesome to hear that BoardDocs has saved you time and made board meetings more seamless.Thank you for sharing your review and being a customer!

Nikki from BESE

My pros and cons

Same as above. Best part is a person, a real live person, answers my call and promptly addresses my concerns.

Pros

The ease of allowing public transparency. The "saving the trees" hope of going digital. The ability to edit and vet documents online.

Cons

Trying to navigate the difference in a Word document vs. HTML and overcoming the glitches that are entailed.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your review, Nikki! It's great to hear that BoardDocs has been an effective tool for managing board meetings. Please know that we are always working to improve our product and appreciate your feedback.

Linda from College of the Canyons

Used to Review Agenda

I work at a school and use BoardDocs weekly to go through all of the agenda items before the board meetings. It helps to keep me informed of what is going on around the campus since I can't attend all meetings.

Pros

I like the way I can go in and maneuver around BoardDocs very easily. Sometimes I look category by category but sometimes due to lack of time, I look for specific items and due to the way it is arranged, find what I need quickly.

Cons

Sometimes I don't like what I'm reading but that has more to do with the subject matter and not the product. I can't really think of anything specifically I don't like about the software.

Response from Diligent

Replied March 2019

Hi Linda, thank you for taking time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed using BoardDocs, and that it's made staying informed about important issues facing your school easier. Thanks for being a customer!

Scott from Neola

Industry: Public Policy

Great solution getting better

The best service

Pros

Continually approving software. Really attentive to user needs

Cons

Always desire more features. As the platform evolves I think of new needs

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Scott, thank you for taking time to write a review. We're happy to hear you're having a positive experience with BoardDocs! It would be great to get your input on features you would like to see, so we can take it into consideration as we build out our product road map -- feel free to reach out to our team with any suggestions!

Jennifer from Ventura County Community College District

Excellent for Community College Transparency.

Their customer service is outstanding and the product continues to develop and improve.

Pros

Having our Policies and Procedures online and searchable by the community-at-large.

Cons

Converting from Word to web-based editing.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Jennifer, it's wonderful to hear that you've had a positive experience with our product and support team. Thank you for sharing this review and for including valuable feedback that we will take into consideration as we plan product improvements in the future.

Ruth from Warren County School District, Russell, Pennsylvania

BoardDocs is a wonderful product, saving time, money, and resources.

The return on investment is off the charts!

Pros

It is a very intuitive system making it easy to learn and master. It has saved countless hours creating packets with the workflow feature. The search feature and minutes generation capability are invaluable. The customer service is outstanding!

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Ruth, thank you for the rave review! We're so glad you've had such a positive experience with our product and support team. Thank you for being a customer.

Diane from Marietta City Schools

BoardDocs is a lifesaver! It streamlines a board meeting agenda building process.

The ability to create a well organized board meeting from building the agenda to creating the minutes.

Pros

No paper!! I also find the software to be intuitive and not cumbersome. Makes for easier use when creating an agenda. The ability to draft the meeting minutes in BoardDocs is a major plus and time saver!

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the rave review, Diane! We're so happy that BoardDocs has made the agenda-building and minute-taking process easier for you.

Miriam from SJCSD

I love boarddocs!

Pros

I find boarddocs to be very user friendly. Everyone in our school system that uses boarddocs, really likes it. Boarddocs has made preparing a board packet much easier. We are very glad that we went with this company.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Miriam -- it's great to hear that you've enjoyed using BoardDocs! Thank you for sharing your review.

Theresa from Charlotte County Public Schools

Just love using BoardDocs

Just love the paperless agendas and the ease of the public accessing documents.

Pros

The ease of learning to use it and the ease of searching for documents.

Cons

It took a while to learn formatting tables and such.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Thank you for sharing, Theresa! It's wonderful to hear that you love using BoardDocs, and that it makes your job easier.

Michael from Whitehall CSD

BoardDocs - Because it's time to stop moving soo much paper!!!

BoardDocs really was a low pain transition. While we had to force our board to become digital, they've now used it for a few years without any major headaches. It is saved countless trees, saved us time sending out a courrier, and since so much less paper is spread around, information has been more tightly kept. I consider it one of the better changes we've made in a few years, thanks to BoardDocs.

Pros

BoardDocs has enabled us to go paperless for our Board Meetings. We used to need to send out a courier several days of the week, spreading cases of paper around to our board officers.

Cons

BoardDocs, is a bit more classical. The overly nested pages can be less fun to navigate. For our technologically challenged, it isn't as superly user-friendly as it could be, but let's be honest, they have trouble logging in to check their email, let alone a simple web app.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied May 2019

Hello Michael. Thanks so much for giving us your take on how we are doing. We are glad clients like you are having a great experience and considering the BoardDocs addition to be one of the better changes that has happened in a few years!

Increase Transparency and Communication

Pros

BoardDocs has allowed our organization to increase its public board transparency and communication since transitioning to the platform. Our administration and board members are now able to better collaborate on policy development and meeting agendas. We also more easily track board motions and votes and can use the platforms metadata search to help guide policy and decision making.

Cons

The platform is not as intuitive as our organization originally thought. It took a few months of board meetings to learn the exact process for efficiency.

Sarah from Fayetteville-Manlius CSD

Outstanding governance tool

Pros

I like that content areas are available for public as well as the governance team. I also like that policies and meetings are housed in one place.

Cons

A different username and password from our district email.

Response from Diligent

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your review, Sarah!

Kendra from Halifax Area School District

BoardDocs is AWESOME

Makes my job easier!

Pros

Ease of use, functunality, great conferences

Cons

Can not say anything negative aboutBoard Docs

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Kendra, thank you so much for the kind words! We love hearing that BoardDocs makes your job easier.

Rochelle from Mid-Continent Public Library

Industry: Libraries

Fantastic User Experience

BoardDocs provides amazing customer service, training, and user experiences. Overall, I have been very happy to be a subscriber of this software. It has added to our organization an excellent level of security, organization and transparency.

Pros

Cons

The word editor is not as effective as I would like.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Thanks so much for the review, Rochelle! It's great to hear that BoardDocs has been intuitive and helpful to your organization. Please stay tuned for continued product enhancements and improvements!

Maureen from Plainedge Public Schools

My Thoughts on BoardDocs

Overall, it has been a very positive experience.

Pros

The software is extremely customer friendly.

Cons

I feel there are features that should be included in the software.

Reasons for Choosing BoardDocs

Granicus purchased Accela and was not very accommodating.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review Maureen!

Maryann from Bristol Township School District

I went from drudgery to working more efficiently.

Sanity!

Pros

Easy to use. Organized. Search capability. Paperless. Everything at your fingertips. Workflow/timestamp.

Cons

I would like to be able to have more information transferred to the creation of the minutes for the meeting.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Maryann, we love hearing that BoardDocs has helped you work more efficiently! Thank you for sharing, and for providing valuable constructive feedback about our Minutes feature.

Chenise from Shelby County Schools

Get this program ASAP!

This saves me hours of time and makes collaborative agenda preparation very easy!

Pros

Easy to store documents and minutes. Saves you hours of time, money, and PAPER!

Cons

Nothing!!! It's a HUGE timesaver, and it's easy to use!

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Chenise -- we love to hear that BoardDocs saves you hours of time! Thanks for sharing your review and for being a customer.

Linda from Public Schools

eGov Live

Pros

Easy to use, support staff is great, when I call I don't get an automatic machine. It is actually a person

Cons

Nothing, just wish my board wasn't in the stone age

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Linda, we're glad you are liking BoardDocs and have found connecting with our customer support team helpful. Thank you for sharing your review!

Jennifer from Louisiana BESE

BoardDocs is fantastic!

Pros

One place to create, edit, and house all board documents. Their customer service is amazing!

Cons

Sometimes the interface is a little difficult to navigate

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you're having a positive experience with BoardDocs.

Regina from Hampton City Schools

Very efficient

Pros

Our district uses this software to organize School Board policies and meeting minutes. It is very easy to look up and locate polices as well as keep up with board meeting and upcoming changes.

Cons

Wish there was a mobile version. It doesn't work to well on an Ipad or tablet.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Regina -- thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that BoardDocs has made your board processes more efficient. Please know that we are looking to improve our mobile experience in the future -- thank you for the feedback!

fran from Escambia County Housing Finance Authority

My pros and cons

Pros

Boarddocs is extremely easy to use. the ability to import items from a different program is a wonderful feature.

Cons

I wish there was an option to have two voting features, ie if a member amends the recommendation.

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Hi Fran, it's great to hear that you're having a positive experience with BoardDocs! Thank you for sharing your review and for providing constructive feedback -- we will certainly take it into consideration as we continue to build upon the platform.

Gail from Otselic Valley Central School

Board Doc Review

Pros

Ease of use Cutting and Pasting Agenda development

Cons

No spell check No auto correct feature

Response from BoardDocs

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review, Gail!

Gail from Tillamook School District 9

BoardDocs has made the task of creating a board packet much easier.

Pros

BoardDocs is easy to navigate. Creating a board packet from start to publishing is very easy to do.

Cons

I lack knowledge about how to more fully and effectively use BoardDocs. No time to participate in ongoing training.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Gail, thank you for sharing your review. We're happy to hear that BoardDocs has made the board packet process easier on you! Feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions about additional features, or tune-in to one of our webinars about how to use the full feature set.

Mindless

This was a great software program to allow clients to make signatures in an easy fashion.

Pros

This was super to use and upload all documents for my client to sign. Gave clear and easy directions while providing highlights to each section of the document.

Cons

There wasn’t anything to hard to compelete or uploads

Response from Diligent

Replied November 2018

Thank you for sharing your review! We're happy to hear that BoardDocs has been intuitive and useful for you and your organization.

Chuck from Englewood Construction Inc.

Great platform

Pros

My favorite thing about using any platform is the elimination of paper. BoardDocs has been a great tool for its ease of accessing documents as well as how they are stored and listed.

Cons

I do not have a problem with this platform at all. It has been a great tool to access our documents in a secure place that is well organized.

Rocio from Da Vinci Schools

If you get the basic functions, it does very little

Not too many

Pros

All Board material could be housed in one software/ data warehouse and it could be easily accessed when needed.

Cons

Unless you have the Pro version, there isn't much that the software offers. But the Pro version is very costly.

Response from BoardDocs

Replied November 2018

Hi Rocio, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We really value your opinion and invite you to share further details with our team so we can better understand how you are using the product, and the features you would like to see.