• icon"The school board members learned quickly as well. Boarddocs is definitely user friendly especially for those not electronically inclined."
  • icon"The ease of learning to use it and the ease of searching for documents."
  • icon"The ease of use of this service is one of my favorite parts. Having everything in one place and paperless are both bonuses."
  • icon"In the 2+ years I've been working in the BoardDocs, I can't think of anything I really don't like about the software."
  • icon"Sometimes the interface is a little difficult to navigate."
  • icon"Sometimes during a meeting there is lag time making it uncomfortable for the audience."

Browse all BoardDocs Reviews

• Have you used BoardDocs and would like to share your experience with others?

Priscilla

As a past executive secretary to the school board in St. Charles Parish, I used BoardDocs daily!

Pros

The software is a tremendous Time savings for my position. The accuracy of voting and record keeping is top quality, the transparent for constituents is absolutely amazing and acceptable. The fact that users submit agenda items with attachments if need be is a plus! Capability of making corrections is a big help to me. . Record keeping is definitely a plus! The customer service is quick and knowledgeable. They are very friendly and efficient with concerns and returning phone calls.

Cons

I can honestly say that since day one of using the board docs software we have had no downtime, no issues, and no major problems . I cannot think of any cons with the software. The annual conference is great but could use more sessions for users with more experience. Otherwise, I have no problems or suggestions for the program. We have implemented almost 99 percent of the software options. Thanks for an amazing service!

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Priscilla, thank you for sharing this review! We are so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the BoardDocs product and team.

Jan

Choose BoardDocs

BoardDocs has enabled our group to go from a paper agenda with supporting documents to an electronic agenda with the same documentation in an efficient manner. It offers transparency to our constituents who can access any information concerning the business of our School Board. Our users frequently comment on the ease of using BoardDocs and cannot imagine any other option of accessing public records, agendas, Minutes, and policies, by any other means.

Pros

BoardDocs is user friendly. We have over 35 administrative users and with one walk-through of instruction from our local Super Publisher, a new user understands and is able to navigate the system. At the request of the customer, BoardDocs offers webinar support for new users as well, offering hands-on instruction. BoardDocs is user friendly to the public users as well. They can access Board member information, policies, agendas, Minutes, and supporting documentation with ease and little to no questions. BoardDocs programmers upgrade annually to enhance their product without interruption to the users and with no drastic cosmetic changes that are confusing. BoardDocs makes going paperless easy. A very reliable software program. Little to no server shutdown occurrences that prevent usage.

Cons

Corrections to reported "bugs" are slow. Up to a year in a lot of cases. Programming issues are not resolved in a timely manner (in the instances that have affected our group). Ring Central for remote access does not work for our group; perhaps a second option could be offered. NOTE TO BOARDDOCS: The survey that BoardDocs offers occasionally after support resolutions. I do not complete the survey due to the time it takes and the repeated entry of user information that is required. A recommendation would be to offer a survey with embedded user information (so user information does not need to be entered); and is already completed with checked boxes at the #5 rating (offering boxes for ratings 1-5); the user has the option to click "Submit" (with all boxes checked as is), or can opt to change a rating of any boxes, and a box to type in remarks at the bottom. It would take about 5 seconds for the user to complete; and it gives valuable feedback to the company regarding the performance of their support team.

Response from Diligent

Hi Jan, thanks so much for taking time to write a detailed review and for sharing constructive feedback. We love getting suggestions from our users as we continue to make improvements to our platform and our processes, and will certainly take your comments into account. It's wonderful to hear that overall your experience with BoardDocs has been positive. Thank you for being a customer!

November 2022

Good enough software

Pros

I find it useful as a single repository for information for a public body, such as historical documents on a meeting and for keeping calendar information

Cons

Search is terrible. The mobile usability was just updated, but it's still very clunky on a mobile phone.

Christine

Reduces public transparency

Miserable and not a single other Community member has had a positive reaction to this subtle way to make the workings of a large public institution just a little more inaccessible.

Pros

Thinking about when this will no longer be used.

Cons

Documents jump around when you try to view them on a phone. Impossible to load a document to your phone. Very difficult to save documents to your own computer. Difficult and inconsistent path to finding agenda for meetings from month to month. Reduces transparency of College functions—seems designed to do that. Should not be allowed for use in public institutions.

Ann

My experience using BoardDocs has been extremely positive. The software is very user friendly.

It provides for a much less stressful work environment especially when preparing for a Board meeting. The district saves money by not having to copy huge amounts of paper for each Board meeting.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the technical support provided by BoardDocs. The Help feature in the software is great and the response time when I call BoardDocs directly with a question is exemplary. I can count on an immediate response. I use both the online Policy and Board Meeting software. I was able to confidently work in the programs almost immediately. Using BoardDocs has made preparing for Board meetings so much easier and less stressful for me. I'm impressed with the ability to attach all backup documents directly into BoardDocs and to be able to determine who can view which documents. Preparing minutes after Board meetings is also a smooth process. Finally, I believe BoardDocs has made it much more efficient for the Board of School Directors to provide information to the community it serves. Administrators, teachers and community member quickly view Board Policies and review Board meeting agendas and minutes from the district's website via a direct link to BoardDocs. Reviewing and updating Board policies is very easy and efficient, as well, and again provides a direct link for anyone to review all current policies. I've worked as the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent for almost 30 years and I can say without hesitation that BoardDocs has been the most useful software I've ever been asked to learn and has saved me the most time and effort in my work day.

Cons

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Ann, it's wonderful to hear that we have helped relieve board meeting related stress! Thank you for sharing this positive and thoughtful review, and for being a valued customer.

Michele

Outstanding use of time, organization and transparency. I will never work again without BoardDocs!

Benefits I get from using BoardDocs are numerous. First of all, it is so fun to use, the support from BoardDocs staff is great. The immediate benefit was the time savings and ease of distribution. Instead of stopping to research a federal doctrine, mandate, state statute or form is merely a click on the link. I never tire of showing others how fast and easy it is to use BoardDocs.

Pros

Hard to describe what I like most because I value all of the BoardDocs offerings. Since we started using BoardDocs in 2009, the time savings alone is invaluable, and it is truly paperless! Upgrades just make it better and better. But the efficiency of using this software, the support, the webinars, transparency, policies, archived documents, and uses in board meetings is truly incredible. Through BoardDocs, I make our District open and transparent, I can retrieve data in seconds, and I am able to use BoardDocs on my phone, iPad, computer, as it is truly mobile. I am a valued employee in helping make this School District shine! The training is outstanding and easy to grasp. For all that, I am so grateful for the software that I will not do what I do without BoardDocs!

Response from BoardDocs

Michele -- it's great to hear that we've saved you time in prepping for board meetings. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the platform and team!

Laurie

My experience with BoardDocs has been very positive over the 9 years we've used the program.

I don't know that there's anything I dislike about the software other than a couple of quirky things mostly because it's a cloud-based program. Nothing major -- copying and pasting into the content areas and cleaning up formatting but I've learned how to manage it.

Pros

It is a very user-friendly program and has so many options to fit what we need for Board meetings, committee meetings, policies, and communications. Options are available to make information public or remain confidential. We can customize who has access to meetings and committees and change settings that work best for us. Taking notes and recording votes during Board and committee meetings are easy which makes preparing minutes much quicker than when we did them manually. One of the nicest features is having historical access to all our Board and committee information in one location that is searchable and easy to access. Their customer service team is the best!! They respond and resolve issues quickly and offer ongoing free webinars to keep us updated on new features.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Laurie -- thank you for sharing this thoughtful review! We love hearing that BoardDocs has been helpful in board meeting management, and that you've had a positive experience with our support team.

Cindy

BoardDocs is outstanding! BoardDocs has saved multiple staff members in our district time & money.

Time saved creating agendas and minutes, ability to work ahead producing multiple agendas, ability to search for documents, can work from any device with internet access anywhere, ability to review and give final approval to agenda item submission by other staff members, almost no paper to print, and the ability to spend valuable time other job duties due to the efficiency of BoardDocs Pro.

Pros

Super easy to use BoardDocs Pro, paperless, different individuals can submit agenda items, approval trees, agendas and attachments are searchable (ours and other district users), easy to re-order agenda items, drag and drop attachments, ability to work ahead on multiple draft agendas, automatically generates emails when making a meeting active/featured, online voting, use from any device with internet access (smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC), multiple levels of access for appropriate users, links with NEOLA School Board Policies, and Awesome Customer Support from very friendly people, maybe I should just say ..... everything.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Cindy, it's great to hear that you're using all the different features BoardDocs Pro has to offer, to make board meeting management more efficient. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful review and for being a customer!

Renee

BoardDocs for Board Meetings

BoardDocs is a great addition to efficiently run our Board Meetings. The BoardDocs help line is always extremely helpful and efficient with their responses and response time.

Pros

BoardDocs is a user friendly program that allows us to efficiently create meeting agendas. Utilizing the approval tree process, as well as being able to create both draft and template meeting agendas saves time for staff. Using BoardDocs during meetings is an extremely easy and smooth process allowing us the ability to input comments, statements, and questions during the meeting.

Cons

One key feature missing with BoardDocs is the ability to create a template for meeting minutes. Having a customized template when producing minutes would save time and streamline the process for producing meeting minutes.

Kathleen

BoardDocs is an outstanding tool that is cost effective, time efficient, and provides transparency.

Pros

My favorite thing about BoardDocs is the toolbox provided within the software to run a smooth Board meeting, meet the needs of the Board members, and provide transparency to the community. The "Search" feature is a great tool for use in finding and viewing past Board reports and historical data, which helps Board members have all information needed when making decisions. The "Library" is also an outstanding tool for providing a variety of information to Board members and the public and is unrelated to a Board meeting . Lastly, the ease of uploading information into BoardDocs is simple, efficient and effective, and has reduced the workload of the Board Office Staff.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that search items do not appear in date order. Regardless, it is an outstanding tool and easy to use.

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you Kathleen for this wonderful review! We're happy to hear we've helped make board meeting management more efficient and transparent. We appreciate your feedback about the search functionality and will take it into account as we continue to develop the platform.

Donna

BoardDocs has been a game-changer for our district. Easy implementation!

Greater efficiency and organization

Pros

The features and functionality of BoardDocs have exceeded our expectations and needs and have provided efficiencies beyond measure. The development and publishing of agendas and minutes is easy and hassle-free. Last minute changes are a breeze!

Cons

There is very little that I don't like about BoardDocs, and perhaps one of the only things I would change is the ability to quickly see and manage the "people" list and who is assigned to which committees. As we have a large number of committees, it is sometimes important to be able to see who is assigned to which committees overall.

Response from BoardDocs

Donna, we're so happy to hear that BoardDocs has been a game-changer for your district! Thank you for providing valuable feedback about committee assignments, and for taking time to write a review.

Rosanne

Love BoardDocs and the ease of use!! Has great features and the customer support is outstanding!

Ease of agenda publications, minutes, board policies and the ability to archive past documents. I can honestly say I don't have any cons on this software. The software is so easy to use, the BoardDocs staff is outstanding and so easy to work with and they have thought about everything you need to make board agendas and meetings go off with such professionalism and class. Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Pros

Makes putting together board packets so easy and can be done from anywhere and anytime. I love being able to put agenda documents in for public, administrative and executive content. Eliminates the need for making multiple packets. Our public and staff appreciate being able to view the agenda during the meeting and see the motions/votes, etc. on the screen during the meetings. Our board loves being able to view documents, minutes, etc from past meetings with a simple search and to have the documents during the meeting electronically vs. hard copies. This product saves me so much time and paper. I can't say enough about how pleased we are with BoardDocs. I would encourage you to look at this product and would put BoardDocs on the top for software products such as this. Each time I've called I receive quick response to questions with knowledgeable staff members. They made the whole process easy and manageable. We were able to bring over our policy manual, past board agendas and minutes within a matter of a few weeks.

Response from BoardDocs

We're thrilled you're liking BoardDocs, Rosanne! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful review and for being a valued customer.

Cd

Makes life and meetings easier

Wonderful! My board has 22 regular meetings each year. This has helped us consolidate tens of thousands of documents and saved us thousands in paper each year.

Pros

Easy interface and loads of storage which makes meetings highly functional. Large organizations with voluminous paperwork will GREATLY benefit from this software.

Cons

You will need a laptop or desktop computer, and they need to get a better app. This is still in the development stages.

Michelle

Would highly recommend Boarddocs!

By using this program it cuts the amount of time literally in half for doing the Board Meeting Agendas.

Pros

I like how you can move things around very easily. If something is in the wrong order or needs to be updated, it is very simple.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to do charts in boarddocs. But overall I really love using this program.

Reasons for choosing BoardDocs

We have been using Boarddocs since Sept 2012 and find it very easy to use. Whenever you have a question, the contact help desk is always on call to answer and help with any and all of your questions. They always figure out what needs to be done. I would highly recommend using this program.

Jody

Time saver!

Creating and editing agendas used to take me much longer. With BoardDocs, creating and editing of agendas is incredibly easy. I like the ability to search (however, the search tool isn't the easiest to then find what you are looking for).

Pros

BoardDocs enables me to quickly and efficiently create, organize, copy and modify my agendas. It also enables me to easily house all past and present agendas so our staff and public can easily view our agendas and minutes. Duplicating past agendas and agenda items is a snap!!

Cons

The cost of the version that allows minutes creation is a bit pricey; however, I've found a pretty easy work-around to creating my minutes. When I first signed up with BoardDocs, customer service was one of the best I'd ever dealt with. In a past couple of years, customer service is definitely not at the same level. Searching past agendas could be streamlined somewhat (like having agenda in order by date).

Reasons for choosing BoardDocs

At the time, I choose BoardDocs based on pricing and customer service support.

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you for your review, Jody! We're constantly working on product improvements - stay tuned for our upcoming releases!

Replied January 2020

Cynthia

I have found BoardDocs easy to convert to, not only for myself, but for my board and administrators.

Ease of prepping the monthly Board agenda and minutes. It saves time and energy - there is no longer a need to spend hours at a copy machine producing the agenda and backup after spending time typing the body of the agenda. The use of BoardDocs also makes for a more efficient board meeting - the boards members have everything they need at their finger tips and do not need to go through reams of papers to find a specific backup item.

Pros

I like the ease of using the software. It is functional and provides excellent manner to keep accurate records of our board meetings. The search option provides the ability to find previous actions without a hassle. And, the mega search is great when researching policies or those occasional resolutions that are of a different nature.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have ability to do is move attachments into the minutes. I know that the BoardDocs personnel are listening to the field and making adjustments and changes to the functionality of the software and maybe one day this will be one of the new features.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing your positive experience with BoardDocs! It's great to hear that it's made managing board meetings simpler. We really appreciate your feedback and always invite you to provide feature suggestions to our team as we continue to develop our product.

Josephine