What are Diligent Boards users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Diligent Boards software through verified user reviews

• icon"The software is very easy to navigate. Love the sharing ability and the Library archive."
  • icon"Integration to local business was seamless and roll out to individual licencees is very easy, making life earlier for me in my role as Company Secretary."
  • icon"User Friendliness (2) Intuitive (3) Responsive Customer Success Team (4) 24/7 Global Support (5) Reasonable Cost."
  • icon"Also, upon finishing and approving a book, I have to go back to the main screen to get back to where I can make the book visible, but that's a small inconvenience."
  • icon"I don't use it as often as most people in my organization, so I'm not as proficient and I forget between my uses."
  • icon"The minutes option is difficult to use in real time."

Browse all Diligent Boards Reviews

• Have you used Diligent Boards and would like to share your experience with others?

Matt

A board management software that delivers unparalleled excellence

Outstanding!

Pros

When we switched over to Diligent, we were expecting a bit of a transition period. But we were pleasantly surprised that everyone found it so easy to jump into this program because the design is so intuitive and very little training was required to operate it. The software has also has gorgeous and elegant aesthetics which makes it very appealing. It's a fast and secure way to handle sensitive information. Our board members are able to access the information both in online and offline mode, while TouchID ensures that only those who have permission can see them. It also allows us to move away from a paper-based environment which are also a security risk.

Cons

I think the years that the developers have spent studying how board members work and interact has truly paid off because you have a simply outstanding software that serves its customers well. I think the only thing that could possibly make it better is if they increased the scrolling speed when you’re looking through a lot of files.

Response from Diligent

Hi Matt! Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience and leaving us such a wonderful review! We really appreciate you being our customer and helping to share the word about us. Thank you!

Replied October 2018

Industry: Utilities

Happy Diligent Customer

Diligent can be used as a way to securely communicate with the Board across various access points - from uploaded materials to surveys to messages - and I love how widely-known it is. Our directors are familiar with it, and even if they aren't they can easily learn how to use it because it's so intuitive. Diligent provides hands-on, 24/7 help and support, and that can make all the difference in the world before a big board meeting. Overall, we are very satisfied and plan to stick with Diligent for years to come!

Pros

The three things that make Diligent stand out to me are: - 1) It is easy to use, both on the administrator side and the user side. The features are intuitive and easy-to-learn. - 2) Their customer service is amazing! We really appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for always being there for us, ready to answer a question or assist with an issue. - 3) It is highly secure and provides a sense of comfort in knowing our materials are safe and protected. We are very satisfied customers!

Cons

I can't think of any complaints. It's true that they're on the pricier side, but you're paying for a lot more than a board portal - you're paying for research, for ingenuity, for corporate governance guidance, for the latest technology, and for top-notch customer service - so it's worth the price tag!

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

We have a long-standing history with Diligent and wanted to keep that relationship intact. More importantly, our directors, management, and administrative staff were satisfied with Diligent, and we aim to keep them happy! As long as Diligent is providing for our needs, we'll be loyal customers!

Amanda

July 2022

Ideal for volunteer boards

Once the admin has been completed it is a very useful and efficient way of managing a big meeting with lots of papers

Pros

The ability for members to make and share (or not as appropriate) notes on papers

Cons

It is time consuming fort he adminstrator loading all the documents and links for a big meeting with a lot of items

Reshma

Uploading to Diligent

Hard work

Pros

Not sure as yet. would like to see what amendments can be made to help with issues raised below

Cons

loading lots of documents takes ages when you have lots of appendices Not having the ability to create new meetings and adding relevant directors to those meeting rather than having to go to Diligent

Response from Diligent

Thank you for sharing your review as a new user, Reshma! We appreciate that you've shared constructive feedback about appendices please know that your suggestion has been taken into consideration as we continue to make improvements to the platform. Our team is always here to help should have any questions, or if you'd like to share any further feedback.

Replied June 2020

Samantha

Excellent Customer Service

Switching to Diligent from Directors Desk was smooth. Our Customer Representative was very hands on and present at the first board meeting to set up Directors and give tutorials. Aside from my one issue with the survey feature, Diligent has been an excellent board portal! I highly recommend.

Pros

-- Ease of use for Directors -- Excellent customer service; response times are fast! -- The ability to take notes, bookmark and move around within a meeting book -- The new feature to add conference call information to the meeting book is great

Cons

My only issue with Diligent is that administrators don't have the ability to edit or complete a questionnaire/survey on behalf of a Director. This is the one item where Diligent has not made any improvements.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

Diligent seemed like a far better product than the other options. We also like that they have an entity management system.

Reasons for switching to Diligent Boards

Directors Desk was being taken over by another company and we did not like the new portal.

Kathi

User-friendly yet sophisticated board portal

Purchasing, implementing, deploying, and using Diligent is unbelievable easy. Our account rep and the customer service team are extremely responsive in every way. Our directors are happy with the platform and so are the administrators.

Pros

The ability to drag and drop documents is a big time saver; hyperlinking the documents to the table of contents is very easy to do; you can quickly hide or view archived board books; works very well on iPads and iPhones; deploying to directors is seamless.

Cons

I would like to be able to view the draft book on the website (laptop) just like the directors will see it on their iPads without having to use my iPad.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

Everything Diligent is seamless and the price is extremely competitive.

Reasons for switching to Diligent Boards

BoardPad was not very sophisticated. It didn't have enough features that we wanted for our directors.

Raylene

I've tried a lot - iCompass always comes out on top

The Customer Service is hands down the best of any I have to deal with.

Pros

The ease of use and how much this one platform can do. ALthough it takes a little bit to get used to (as with any new software) once you start using it you will question how you have ever gotten along without it.

Cons

The formatting within the forms can become a little wonky at times. I wish it had all the same functionality as word.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

I had previous (minimal) experience with iCompass previous to going to a new municipality. While in the test phases of each of the others, I couldn't believe how cumbersome they were compared to what I had seen with iCompass. I recommended we start over and try iCompass and everyone agreed.

Raka

Nambawan Super Limited Company Secretariat views about Diligent

Diligent Boards is a high quality product, allows you to overlap companies if you have users in a Group of Companies. Is user friendly, has a great support team and customer success team. Diligent software has many features which are useful.

Pros

The export document function which allows you to export a complete meeting pack to users. Diligent Support is by far the best/top ranking compared to other similar products in the market place.

Cons

A majority of the features relies on good internet connectivity which is difficult in countries like mine where the internet is slow and sometimes unreliable. Also Diligent doesn't allow customizing of documents, especially in the Minutes app. Diligent could be more interactive as a tool, with prompts included in the program to assist new users or act as reminders on how to use it.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

Users were more familiar with Diligent, and also companies using Diligent were the top companies in the country, therefore Diligent was preferred, even though it was more pricy.

Laura

One of the most important software tools in the Bank especially during time of COVID-19

Meetings are held virtually with minimum effort. Board resolutions can be passed electronically Time saving tool

Pros

This product allows the Bank to share information, make decisions in an efficient and safe environment. Saves on time and printing.

Cons

So far the only issue is that one cannot rotate a document. However, that is easily fixed by scanning it in portrait form.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

The assessment was done by our IT team. Whilst both products had similar features the IT's team decision was ultimately to choose Diligent. We have found it to be very user friendly.

Powerful, Expensive Tool for Producing and Managing Sensitive Board Materials

Before switching to Diligent Boards, our users had severe difficulty accessing, producing and sharing their content at quarterly retreats. Our support personnel received large amounts of tickets to assist with these activities. After switching, our users appear happy with the product and our support requests have decreased dramatically.

Pros

The solution is easy to use and can be accessed from a multitude of devices. One of the best features is how document changes and approvals are tracked. You can also easily grant/restrict access to content meant for Board sub-committee members.

Cons

The solution is expensive and will be cost-prohibitive for smaller organizations. Everything works well and the support is top notch, but the value proposition can be hard to justify.

Reasons for switching to Diligent Boards

Our Board had previously used SharePoint sites and document libraries to host their content. Managing their materials and even granting the correct access to sensitive materials proved to be very inefficient and frustrating for them.

Michelle

Resistant to Love It!

I find the customer service people to be exceptionally knowledgable, friendly and helpful. Many times when I call and ask questions, they will go above and beyond in an explanation, send tip sheets or provide short cuts. I have even had them say to me, that is an excellent thought processes and way of doing "it", whatever I'm calling about, but then offer an easier solution or another thought or process that may be better or something to consider that I hadn't even thought of. I also appreciate the follow up and/or offer for additional training if needed or requested. My experience has been truly wonderful with everyone I talk to, even in a crunch, meeting deadlines and they almost always answer...I think I only waited one time out of 20 for a call back and it came relatively soon after I left my message. Thank you to the BoardDocs team!

Pros

What I like most about BoardDocs is the ease about using it. I feel its fairly intuitive, easy to pick up on as its similar to other software programs you might use, they have built a great platform for allowing multiple ways to use the product. We have been using the software for almost two years and I would not go back to doing scanned PDF packets on our website ever! I was resistant through several demonstrations or communications with sales people. The last time, I felt that I finally could envision myself using the product and having it be useful, time-saving and user-friendly. I was ready to jump on board!

Cons

The software does not allow for a lot of individualization or specialization, such as on the featured page which is similar to having a home page. I would like to be able to customize this page or other aspects of the software more to reflect our own district trends or social feel. I also do not like that once reports are submitted, especially if they have executive content, the person who wrote the report with the content, can no longer see the report they wrote when it comes to making revisions or changing anything if its been submitted and at the meeting can no longer see the executive content even if they were the one who wrote the report.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

Diligent was demonstrating at our State Convention and board members heard the proposal and suggested we, as a district, look into it. My Superintendent was amenable and the rest is history. The trainer who came out to us, and I was grateful for the one-on-one, in person training, even stayed for an evening training session with our Board of Education and patiently answered all of their questions!!

Katherine

Makes life so much easier for Directors!!

Diligent enables two important Board functions (provided that the hospital admins upload the materials timely, which they do really well after a quick learning curve years ago): 1) Directors (or Committee members) have materials in advance and there is every reason for them to be prepared for meetings 2) During meetings at our hospital and the system meetings, all participants (often 18-30 people in the room) can simply be directed to a specific page in the Diligent packet and boom! we're all on the same page, not shuffling through a bunch of papers. Members of boards and board committees are selected because they are in the center of important things for the institution. They shouldn't have to diddle around looking for some document used in a meeting. The Diligent system ensures that Boards and Committees have what they need to perform the important jobs they agree to in guiding the system and providing meaningful input. It is important that organization administrators have good training and support to launch this process -- it took a few months but then our admins totally rocked this thing! Thank you, Diligent, for enabling our Board and Committees to use their time for important business and dialogues -- rather than waiting for a document to be photocopied or shuffling through a pile of papers.

Pros

Reams of paper, and many valuable moments in Board meetings (and administrator time), are saved because of Diligent. Our hospital system has used Diligent for Board work for several years now. The hospital administrators have mastered the art of getting the appropriate materials posted, on time and accurately -- and our Board meetings flow more smoothly and with increased engagement by members, because everyone has the materials in front of them and ... materials to review in advance.

Cons

I can't speak to the back office work -- I'm an end-user as the Board chair and member/chair of committees -- from my perspective I'd like to see some highlighting/focus from Diligent. Every Board or Committee icon on the software looks the same -- what if the Diligent Team were to put a red (or green or whatever- striped?) border around the most recent, the "live" meeting that members are to focus on?

Sandra

We LOVE Diligent Boardbooks. Secure, user friendly, excellent features, excellent customer support.

It saves me time in preparing for board meeting and committee meetings. Less printing of documents, so it saves time. It is more secure with no hard copies getting left around. Paperless meetings are the best way to go. The board members can view or access the material anywhere in the world and on any device. You are never out of reach so you can always attend important meetings while out of town, and with carrying no paper copies. You always have it at your fingertips. Documents can be loaded quickly, even in the middle of a meeting. The users never know new documents are being loaded, so no interruptions. I always know where to go back to find documents. it has been a real asset in this company.

Pros

It's secure, password protected, easy to use, very little training needed to use, has many features "built in" that I love, i.e. automatic save as you build the sites. Can view documents from any device. I love the "note taking" feature and the ability to do questionnaires, vote for board items option, and fingerprint sign-on. I also love the drag and drop method to load documents onto your sight, and the ability to drag your tabs into another position. I love how there is always a new feature being implemented or developed. They listen to the customer and create what "you" think is important. The program moves you through the pages quickly. It never gets bogged down. Our Board of Directors love Boardbooks and plan to continue using this product for a long time. We have all of our committees and our main board meetings on Diligent Boardbooks. We love the paperless feature and the security of our documents. We never have to worry about confidential information being in the wrong hands. We are fans!! We can't say enough good things about Diligent Boards and the great people at Diligent. Great Customer Service! Friendly! Professional. Always available to help you day or night. We have used Diligent Boards since 2010 and they have never let us down. They are well trained professionals. They help make your job easier! Thanks Diligent!

Cons

Many more Pros than cons. If I have an issue with the product/software, its because I am not using it correctly. The only thing I can think of is, that it may be nice to have an "undo" feature in case I accidentally choose the incorrect option and something gets deleted. It has not happened yet.

Response from Diligent

Thank you for your wonderful note, Sandra. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It was a delight to read your positive comment - thank you very much!

Replied November 2018

Patricia

Diligent Board Review

Diligent Boards is a great tool for assembling and housing board materials. It saves us hours of preparation time for our five boards and related committee meetings. It also functions well for directors to be able to access materials securely from anywhere in the world. We also use it to assemble other types of document packages rather than just board books.

Pros

It is easy to use and very intuitive for both administrators and directors. I like that there are several ways to accomplish certain tasks, depending on what works best for my company and directors.

Cons

There is no dedicated online training for directors or administrators. The help features are very good, but directors don't have the time or inclination to search how to handle basic functions. In addition, the notification, table of contents and calendar features are the weak parts of the software. Administrators should be able to add other users to a notification, even if not listed as a member of the particular committee or board. The table of contents feature, while improved from a few years ago, still isn't editable or movable within the document. The new Agenda feature also should be more editable.

Response from Diligent

Hi Patricia, it's great to hear that you find Diligent intuitive and easy to use! Thank you for taking time to provide feedback please know that we are always looking to make improvements to our platform, and have taken your feedback into account.

Replied June 2020

Mary

Industry: Government Relations

Eileen Roth's Review

I like Diligent. I like uploading the books. I think the part of saving the book and having an easier time of choosing the correct people is rough. Also you can not change the email addresses or delete anyone on the email to notify the Board that the book has been released.

Pros

I like drag and drop of the documents for our Board of Directors committee meetings. I organized the documents in the correct order so when I put the book together it is a fast and easy process.

Cons

The four actions that I have experienced to create a problem. 1. When the difference sections of the book are uploaded, if you save the book and go back in, you have to save the whole book again or it will not be released. 2. When the book is completed, making sure the right people receive the book. Having to go out of the book to go back into the book to edit and chose who gets it. 3. Making sure that the Board Members have refreshed their iPads so they can see the books. We have had problems with the Board of Directors not being able to open their books. Sometimes it is IS settings that have to be updated. But NO One wants the Board yelling that they can not read their books. 4. We are going to have a test page the day before the Board Meetings to see if anyone is having a problem opening their book or documents.

Response from Diligent

Hi Eileen, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We have some suggestions that may help with some of the issues you are experiencing, including an auto sync feature that will automatically update your directors' books. Please feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to discuss further.

Replied October 2018

Brenda

Strongly Recommend

I highly recommend Diligent. I was first introduced to it as a Board member of an organization. I have recommended it to other organizations and have also implemented it myself for a client. Great user and administrator experience. I personally use Diligent for 3 different Boards and really like the way I can easily, and securely, move between organizations on Diligent.

Pros

As a user: Navigation between Boards, Committees and Resources Center. Layout and use is very easy and intuitive. Welcoming design to read the materials and work with. Also, customer service is over the top outstanding. I am so impressed with how responsive and knowledgeable everyone at Diligent is. As an Administrator: Very easy to use. Can upload documents in any format and can rearrange as needed.

Cons

I like everything about the software.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

Functionality, layout and ease of use for both Board members and Administrators.

Kelly

A great product

Our overall experience with Diligent has been very positive. The new upgrades have been a huge improvement.

Pros

Its ease of use, in both building books on the administrative side and reviewing materials on the user side.

Cons

I would like the currently separate D&O questionnaires module to be included in our package without additional cost.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

With the new upgrades to the platform, Diligent has the same (or more) features as its competitors, some done in a better, more streamlined way, for the same price or less.

Andrea

Highly Recommend Diligent Boards

Diligent has great customer service and is very easy to use and understand the ends and outs of the product.

Pros

Diligent Boards and very easy to use as an administrator and as a user. The time that it takes as an admin to upload materials has decreased dramatically compared to the software we used previously. It's so easy to build a book that you almost think you missed a step. The permissions are very easy to understand and control. Our board members love the ease of use of the software for the iPad. It seemed very easy to transition everyone to this new product and we had 200+ users to transition over.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to see who all has access to a particular set of materials once a books is archived as to be able to scroll through all the users, you have to put the materials back in hidden or current mode to do this.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

Diligent was easy to understand and seemed like it would fit our needs well, which is has.

Moira

Moira Kelling

From day one, I have been impressed with the support I have received from Diligent.

Pros

I like that the product is easy to use and very intuitive. If I ever have a question, I know that my call will be answered immediately by a friendly and knowledgeable person.

Cons

I wish I could move sub-tabs between header tabs

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

We needed a product that provided us with the security we needed and that our Board were comfortable with.

Reasons for switching to Diligent Boards

We were looking for something that gave us more flexibility when loading our Board and Executive meeting papers.

Response from Diligent

Hi Moira - thank you for your review! We're glad that Diligent is working well for you and your organization and that you've had a great experience with our customer support team. Please know that we are always looking to make improvements to Diligent, and are taking your sub and header tab feedback into account - thank you for sharing!

Replied November 2020

Felecia

Superior portal software for board and C-Suite modern governance

Pros

Cons

From my perspective, there are NONE! Diligent Boards significantly reduces preparation time for board directors and C-Suite meetings. It is a tool I consistently use to provide immediate access and seamless navigation by facilitating communications and enabling timely viewing of current and historical meeting materials to the Flinn Board and Executive Staff.

Lynda

Essential Product to our Business

Diligent has been immediately responsive to any questions or issues we have with the product, passwords, or general operating questions. Our board does not utilize all of the many features but we have the option to do so if we wish to expand our usage.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the instant replacement of documents that I used to have to courier out to Board members, and the environmental & confidential aspects of not having printed copies of Board materials.

Cons

I'm frustrated that the web version and one-click are not identical yet and wait for the day that the web version can do the drag and drop the same way that one-click does.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

One of the other Crown Corporations in Saskatchewan was already using Diligent.

Cassandra

Industry: Food Production

Board books at your fingertips

My overall experience with Diligent Boards has (and continues to be) excellent, both in terms of using the software and dealing with the customer service teams.

Pros

From an administrator's point of view, quick and easy to collate, distribute and maintain. Storage of and access to material is also simple, along with allocation of permissions and access. Training and customer service / support is available 24/7 and is prompt, useful and reliable. The mobile phone app is also really handy for managing books on the go.

Cons

Some of the features in the legacy desktop app "one click" are a bit clunky, however with the development of the web app, this is becoming a non-issue.

Darla

Industry: Law Enforcement

Diligent is Awesome!

I have been responsible for preparing and distributing board materials for over 40 years. Diligent is the best thing since ice cream! From ease of preparing, making changes, updating last minute requests, sending board members additional materials, etc. It makes my life so much easier and faster giving me time to focus on other tasks.

Pros

The best thing other than ease of use, is being able to make last minute changes/updates and have Board members receive them automatically. They have all the information in one place and don't have to carry around huge notebooks.

Cons

I wish I was able to move the order of the books around (without having to make changes with Diligent)

N.A

judi

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Diligent Board Portal

Pros

Our Company has used the Diligent Board portal since 2011 and are extremely pleased with Diligent. It has eliminated a great deal of stress and frustration in preparing for our quarterly Board meetings, quarterly SEC filing reviews, obtaining signatures on meeting minutes and providing onboarding materials to new Directors. The ease of substituting documents as necessary insures that our users always have up-to-date information. The portal has eliminated the need for making copies of the materials and delivering the materials to the users in sufficient time to review before the meeting or event. The ability for the users to make notes (keeping them private or making the notes public) is very helpful during the review process before meetings. Archiving materials after the meeting or review has happened gives the users an easy way to go back and see what happened in the past. The Resource Center also provides the users with relevant information -- both historical and current.

Cons

It is a cumbersome task to provide access to new users to materials that have been archived.

Reasons for choosing Diligent Boards

Easy of use and at the time of purchase, some of our Directors had used other products and voiced their opinion on those products.

Casie

A game-changer for Board papers

Excellent experience with Diligent Boards and exceptional service and support from the Team. Distribution of papers to the Board is an efficient and seamless process.

Pros

Integration and transition to Diligent Boards was seamless. The product is easy to use and one of the key advantages is the amount of time it saves, collating and distributing board papers. Papers can easily be replaced and late papers added. The Agenda builder is excellent. Being able to export the papers is a great feature.

Cons

Unfortunately it is an expensive tool.

Reasons for switching to Diligent Boards

With Diligent’s acquisition of BoardPad, the BoardPad platform was decommissioned

Diligent Boards