What are Nasdaq Boardvantage users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Nasdaq Boardvantage software through verified user reviews

• icon"It's an excellent product, and I highly recommend it. Also, should a question come up, you can always reach their customer service team, which is excellent."
  • icon"What I like most about NASDAQ Boardvantage is their customer support. Not only are always helpful and pleasant, but they are readily available."
  • icon"They were very responsive and quickly resolved my issue."
  • icon"It was took difficult to coordinate audio with the BoardVantage meeting."
  • icon"Can be pricey if you are on a limited budget. Also if your board members are not used to using current technology there will be a learning curve."
  • icon"I dislike the following things. The sync function is slow."

Browse all Nasdaq Boardvantage Reviews

• Have you used Nasdaq Boardvantage and would like to share your experience with others?

Nasdaq Boardvantage Review

Pros

The ease with which it allows my to deploy my work as well as collaborate with external stakeholders to ensure material for meetings are easily accessible.

Cons

The learning curve for new members could be a bit steep but our company has done a great job of developing learning tools as well as leveraging the e-learnings available on Boardvantage to flatten that curve.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for writing a review on Nasdaq Boardvantage. We are happy to hear that our platform is improving collaboration with external stakeholders. Please feel free to reach out to your Account Manager anytime for training resources or any other questions.

Heather

Board Portal

My overall experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage has been very positive.

Pros

Cons

The software is super easy to use. I have guided people over the phone. What I don't like is my company's point person keeps changing. I am not sure if they are moving to other positions within the company, or they have high turnover.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

The decision to go with Nasdaq was an executive committee decision and other members had used Nasdaq and liked it.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Heather, thank you for leaving us this review. We will share your feedback with our team, and we appreciate your patience as we transition points of contact. Our commitment to delivering fantastic customer support is as strong as ever, so if you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Jonathan

Industry: Information Services

Unacceptable product

I rarely have a satisfactory experience.

Pros

Not much. Just doesn't work well. Decent design.

Cons

There has be worse portal software out there somewhere, but it's hard to imagine. Antiquated login procedures, attachments don't always stay attached, doesn't function at all with Android phones, hard to print from it. None of our Board members are happy with it. Almost surely it would be better if NASDAQ didn't own it, in fact maybe it was better before NASDAQ owned it.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Jonathan, we appreciate your feedback. We've recently updated our user login experience, however we are always looking to improve our product based on your needs. If you need assistance in optimizing your experience using Nasdaq Boardvantage, please reach out to our award-winning customer support team.

Replied June 2021

Phillip

Best Option: Boardvantage!

secure transmitting of info to Board Members is a huge improvement and document managing during a meeting is much improved with the software.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use are both fantastic. With all the bells and whistles it is easy as a user.

Cons

None. Like all of them it is a little tough to get documents exactly where you want them w/in a Board Book.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

Price was close enough and much better functionality with Boardvantage. Images within the Board Book are sharper as well.

Response from Nasdaq

Phillip, thank you for sharing your positive experience using Nasdaq Boardvantage! We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our security and document management features. Our team is committed to improving your workflows and we look forward to continuing to support you and your colleagues.

Replied July 2020

Katherine

Keeping Our Organization's Board Organized

Approvals are easy to accomplish quickly, the customer support is amazing, the software is fairly intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Nasdaq/Boardvantage is the best way to keep your Board materials organized, easy to search and all in one place. I am so glad the days of sending board materials overnight and then slip-sheeting updated documents on meeting days is over!

Cons

As a keyboard person, I wish hitting the "Enter" key were an option (rather than having to grab mouse to click on "Submit" button).

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

I had used Boardvantage previously.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for you review Katherine! We are happy to hear that Nasdaq Boardvantage makes the approval process easy and our customer support is meeting your needs. We value your feedback and are always looking to enhance the user experience.

Ann

Industry: Research

Sr. Executive Assistant

I was on the team of searching for a board portal and am one of the Administrators. My first training was on-site for one day, and customer support was very helpful, and I felt I had a good handle on the produce. We began a review of our site with our Customer Success Manager over the last several months and I know feel that I have a much better grip on the product and can't wait to learn more!

Pros

Nasdaq Boardvantage is easy to set up and use. We have six team sites for our organization and with the assistance of our Customer Success Manager, we have been able to create a Dashboard so our board members can access information with a few simple clicks.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything on the site that I dislike!

Security of the produce.

Reasons for switching to Nasdaq Boardvantage

Security

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Ann, thank you for writing a review on Nasdaq Boardvantage. We value your feedback and are thrilled to hear that your Customer Success Manager is helping your organization get the most out of our solution. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your board.

Theo

Nasdaq Boardvantage

Our overall experience with Nasdaq BoardVantage has been very positive.

Pros

Nasdaq Boardvantage is a great place to safely and securely house Board of Director materials. The application is very intuitive which makes for easy use of the application either on a laptop or ipad. Customer support has always been helpful when assisting in any type of question or issue.

Cons

Only real con is that with the pandemic and everyone meeting not in the same location, Nasdaq BoardVantage does not offer audio/video conferencing along with being able to present content similar to WebEx from a laptop or ipad.

Response from Nasdaq

Theo, we appreciate your review of Nasdaq Boardvantage. Our team is dedicated to product innovation and streamlining your workflows, and we look forward to continuing to help our customers adapt to the virtual / remote work environment!

Val Rie

Industry: Research

A few thoughts

My overall experience has been positive. The folks that I have or currently work with to manage our account and troubleshoot issues are all fabulous.

Pros

The interface is great and allows me to provide our board with the information they need in a timely and organized fashion. The administrative functions provide me with an easy way to collect, store and distribute materials.

Cons

The lack of integration of the meeting module with Outlook calendaring is frustrating. It inhibits the smooth flow of communication with users regarding meeting RSVPs. Creates additional work all around.

Reasons for switching to Nasdaq Boardvantage

Functionality and customer service.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for your feedback! We are always working hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear about your positive experience with the Nasdaq Boardvantage team!

Replied November 2019

Elaine

Boardvantage review

Pros

Boardvantage is easy to use and did not require an IT team for implementation. Their support team is very responsive and helpful. It has allowed us to go paperless for what used to be bulky materials which has been especially helpful during these remote meeting times. It also gives us the ability to create a board book from a variety of data sources (.pdf, excel, word, etc.) and to replace pages easily.

Cons

All the published materials look the same. It would be nice if you could customize material covers; even if just with different colors.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

We are a Nasdaq company and were approached by them with the product. The Board had been pursuing a portal to house their materials.

Response from Nasdaq

Elaine, thank you for your review of Nasdaq Boardvantage. It's great to hear that you and your board find our features useful and our customer service is readily available to help as you adapt to the remote work environment. We appreciate your feedback on our published materials and look forward to continuing to improve your experience using our software.

Replied July 2020

Mary

Boardvantage happy user!

BV has made my job easier. It's easy to use, uploads and combines documents. The staff are always friendly and respond quickly.

Pros

BV is very user-friendly. You will have a rep assigned to you who meets with you and actually sets up your company for you so you don't have to worry about not setting it up correctly. Support is wonderful; response time is quick. I love the replace feature in BV if a document needs to be edited.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about BV. However, there are small things that could be enhanced. When you do have a suggestion, you are able to submit it for review to see if others are in favor or are requesting it. BV is open for suggestions!

Response from Nasdaq

Mary, thank you for sharing your experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the software - we appreciate your feedback!

Al

Does what it needs to and does it well.

Exceptional customer service and a class solution.

Pros

Secure and straightforward repository with simple but wide-ranging security capabilities.

Cons

Some modules feel cumbersome for the way we work (e.g. meetings and minute approvals) but I will invest time to confirm that.

Elizabeth

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent Enhancement of Meetings

It is an excellent tool to use for meetings, communication with members of a board, and has top notch security features!

Pros

For several years, I have been a user of Nasdaq Boardvantage Portal (on behalf of my boss) with regards to quarterly Board Meetings he attends either in person (or since Covid, virtually).. I have found the portal to be an outstanding tool in communicating with other board members and the Executive Director. Most important in today's world in cybersecurity, and the Nasdaq Boardvantage Portal is very secure. It's an excellent product, and I highly recommend it. Also, should a question come up, you can always reach their customer service team, which is excellent.

Cons

There are no cons. It's easy to use, they have great customer service, and accessing your information is intuitive.

William

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent Product

Excellent

Pros

It’s ease of you, the way it is setup. Please to move from paper to digital for board preparation.

Cons

I wish it could be integrated with my gmail calendars and files.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

Had previous experience with it at other boards.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi William, thank you for sharing your experience using Nasdaq Boardvantage. We are always happy to hear positive feedback from Directors, such as yourself. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your boards.

Fatmah

The product is expensive but user friendly. Customer service is vital and you have the best

It has been a very good experience since the beginning with the various upgrade.

Pros

It is user friendly and we receive updates very often which is interesting.

Cons

Nothing specific. But before the admins could put in a password for the directors and the latter could change while log in which is not the case now.

Pearl

The Support wasnt that great

It was ok, not a terrible product at all. The technical guys were helpful but the service didn't blow me away.

Pros

The features were nice and it was easy to index binders. I love that the binders automatically save in a folder for ease of locating files.

Cons

My rep was non existent, they were over priced and the portal seemed a bit "Cluttered" I sent an email to cancel and the non existent rep magically appeared to tell me that I had a contract that stated I needed to give them 120 days notice so they stuck me with another year. I am so glad that the new company I went with helped me to get out of it even though we had to pay for another year.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

I didn't choose Boardvantage, I started the company and they were already using it.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Pearl! We apologize that your experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage didn't quite match your expectations. We want you to know, we are dedicated to improving the customer experience, so we take your feedback constructively to continually make improvements. Thanks again for your time.

Replied April 2020

Industry: Chemicals

Time to get rid of the paper

I use Board Vantage for three of the boards that i am on. It is clearly the best and easiest to use. If i had to wish one improvement to the software it would be to make it easier to sign into. Every time i go from one company to the other I need to go through the sign off and resign on process which should not be exceptionally hard except my password management software does not distinguish between the companies. This means I have to re-enter all the information each time I change companies which is often. I would think security could be designed to allow a single sign on for people who are users for multiple companies. i have used the customer service feature and they are excellent. This software definitely enables me to use my time more productively and prepare for meetings faster and more comprehensively.

Pros

ease of navigation note taking capability

Cons

sign on and switching between companies security is clunky with all the questions

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Paul, thank you for taking time to leave this note! We appreciate the feedback and want you to know that the Nasdaq Boardvantage team is committed to product innovation that streamlines board workflows. Thank you again for the review!

Amanda

Great Customer Service from Nasdaq Boardvantage

The customer service/solutions team are outstanding. I don't feel judged for sending in questions or for misunderstanding the type of admin access I have. They maintain consistency, answer any and all questions from myself or our portal users, and make the use of the portal easy.

Pros

The customer service provided is unmatched. Any time I've had a question, even if I could look it up in a user guide, the employees are more than willing to assist (with screenshots, individual calls, and one-to-one training if needed). I like that it is so secure so we know that only the people who should have access have the access needed. We recently used the surveys function to handle electronic voting for our annual elections and the product was easy to use.

Cons

Better linking within the calendar option for conferencing details. We choose to use Webex for our virtual meetings. However, the way the teleconference information is displayed in the template, it doesn't sync with links correctly.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

I was not part of the research conducted for a board portal. My colleague, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was the one who researched portals and ultimately decided on Nasdaq Boardvantage.

Response from Nasdaq

Amanda, thank you for sharing your positive experience with our customer support team! We are pleased to hear that the support you receive has improved your experience and our security and document management features are meeting your business needs. Our team is committed to improving your workflows and we look forward to continuing to support you and your colleagues.

Replied November 2020

Sandy

NBV Review

User friendly, and most all of our users experience relatively few issues and can navigate through the screens easily to find what they need.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive, with the exception of a couple of small items, you usually don't need to contact support often.

Cons

Prepping for the last board meeting, I had an incident where the linked agenda just "disappeared" with the notation, File Corruption. Not sure why or how that happened, but I have had similar situations once or twice previously. I just deleted it and started over, as I didn't have time to contact anyone.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

I was not involved with that.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for your review, Sandy! We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts with us, and we're happy to hear about your positive experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage. Please let us know if you experience any future incidents and our support team will be happy to assist you.

Renia

Works wonders for us

I like that we no longer have to mail out confidential board materials and it cuts down on confusion when updates are made. In the past we had to bring printed copies of revisions or additions to the meeting if they were made after the materials had been mailed to the board members. I notice that most board members use their IPad so no materials are printed which cuts down on confidential documents being misplaced.

Pros

I liked the ease of updating the board materials once they are posted.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

Some of our existing board members already used the software from other boards they sit on.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Renia, We are thrilled to hear that Nasdaq Boardvantage works wonders for your board! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your colleagues.

Brenda

Highly Recommend Nasdaq Boardvantage

Using Nasdaq Boardvantage for our Board and Committee meetings has saved a tremendous amount of my time in prepping and getting the materials out.

Pros

I love how user friendly this software is and their customer support is great. If I ever have a question, customer support is always available and answers my questions in a very timely manner.

Cons

Copying one folder to another folder is a bit tricky because the permissions don't seem to transfer over.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

Response from Nasdaq

Brenda, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage! We look forward to continuing to help you save time while prepping for Board and Committee meetings. Thank you for leaving us this review!

Milica

Great

Pros

Several features make it very practical: Ability to structure folders easily, send emails in the software, link to corporate email, change permissions by document, etc.

Cons

Can be glitchy sometimes in certain browsers

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Milica - thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Nasdaq Boardvantage is committed to product innovation to better serve governance needs, and we're very happy to hear your satisfaction with these features.

Replied January 2020

Deana

Exceptional Service

No insight

Pros

Drag and Drop functionality, as well as edit/replace functions - make this product above all easy to use.

Cons

Automated separator pages in the Board Books - we find manual creation works best for us.

No insight

Response from Nasdaq

Hello Deana, thank you for your review of Nasdaq Boardvantage. We love that you have found our platform easy to use and look forward to continuing to support you and your board.

Replied November 2020

Sheena

Great software for our Board Meetings

The customer support is great. Any questions were answered quickly via email. The webinars that review various functions of the software is also a plus - it helps to keep us up to date even if we don't use the software on a regular basis.

Pros

Easy to put all of the meeting information in one place for the board members to review. Also good to get confirmation of who has reviewed the material, using the reports function.

Cons

I like the ability to use the software as a virtual meeting, but it's been easier for us to use a Skype or Zoom meeting and then just present the material from there. It was took difficult to coordinate audio with the BoardVantage meeting

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

This was actually chosen by our management team and I was not directly involved with the decision (only the implementation).

Response from Nasdaq

Sheena, it's great to hear you are taking advantage of our product webinars to optimize your practices. We value your feedback - thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Replied April 2020

Kerry

Industry: Building Materials

Best customer service on the planet.

My overall experience has been exceptional. It meets all of our Board requirements and we have room to expand our use to other business functions and other features.

Pros

While I do enjoy the software, the Customer Service far surpasses any other I have ever called. No matter what the question, the people answering the phones ALWAYS have the answer. I do enjoy being able to edit files in the software and my favorite feature is the Presenter Mode.

Cons

Any issues I have had with the software has been related to my browser, not the software.

Reasons for choosing Nasdaq Boardvantage

I was not part of the sourcing team. I came into my role after it was already implemented.

Response from Nasdaq

Kerry, thank you for sharing your positive experience using Nasdaq Boardvantage! Our customer service team is fantastic, and we're happy that you think so, too. Thanks again!

Lisa

Multi channel and multi company access

Pros

All of my boards all use Nasdaq Boardvantage, so once I learned it, it was easy to translate to the other companies

Cons

Not all of my boards are on the same version, which sometimes makes Access tricky. For example, there is an issue with continued access using Safari.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Lisa, it's great to hear that you are using Nasdaq Boardvantage for all of your boards. Don't hesitate to reach out to our outstanding customer support team if you are having trouble with accessing the latest version of the software.

4.63/5 out of 64 reviews