• icon"We were able to completely move to an electronic Board Meeting from the old Pen and Paper solution."
  • icon"User friendly and provides a great platform for managing meetings."
  • icon"The recent upgrades have been awesome. The page alignments are great."
  • icon"I would, however, prefer a way to setup a custom template with %field% names to be able to drop into specific places in the template."
  • icon"My least favorite feature regarding this software is the inability to change and edit formatting of templates."
  • icon"The formatting and line spacing in the body of the meetings module gives me trouble. Maybe I need a webinar on formatting the body of summary, recommendation, etc."

Browse all Simbli Reviews

• Have you used Simbli and would like to share your experience with others?

Susan

Exceptional Product, Even Better Service

Simbli helps us save time and money. It helps automate the routine tasks we do everyday, increasing both efficiency and effectiveness. Now that we've been using it, I'm not sure we could ever go back!

Pros

Our board loves the fact that Simbli helps us with all of our board management needs including meetings, planning, policies, and evaluations. We've actually managed to eliminate several other software platforms we invested in and helps us keep all of our data and information in one, central location. We had a party when we took our massive board policy binders and dumped them in the trash! We also love the support eBOARDsolutions provides. I've never met a more helpful bunch of folks. They routinely go above and beyond to provide free training and support that comes with the purchase of the product. They often say that the measure of a product is how much it actually gets used and the support team has made sure we get the most out of the product each and every day.

Cons

While they do have a dedicated iPad app which is brilliant, it would be helpful if they also had a dedicated app for Android as well. You can easily access the software via a browser on any device but it may be easier for those who have something other than an iPad.

cynthia

We have utilized this program at least 8 years. I like having this program.

everything in one place pull up documents from years ago less paper on my desk board members and other administrators can utilize this program to see all the work being done

Pros

I like a place that everything can be together. We can put every meeting in our district in one place. I like being able to pull up an old contract, see when the schools have had a leadership meeting, etc. I like that documents are uploaded too. I love the new features with the minutes. This is a great help.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to search for things, if you do not know exactly how you put that in. There isn't anything wrong with the program, it is like that with word too. I am happy with the new features that help me a lot with finding the meetings and the overall help with the minutes. That really needed to be improved!

Ada

Eboards looks good in our webpage and the technical team and webinars are commendable. C

We can keep all of our meetings organized in one app and publish the link in many different places.

Pros

The look, how easy it is to create a new meeting, the front page with pictures and information looks good on our webpage. I think the support team is great and one of my favorite features is clicking the help button and getting help right away. The user manual is also very helpful.

Cons

There is too much clicking . The formatting of text on the edit tool is not user friendly. It should be easy like a Microsoft program. Instead I have to learn code just to format an item. Minutes are cumbersome as I have to click item by item . I have many recurrent items month after month that I have to retype because I can't import minutes from a prior meeting. I have to reformat Agendas and Minutes in Microsoft Word. I could never use a PDF Agenda created with SIMBLI - formatting never looks good. I am not able to download all of the attachments at the same time - I can download the meeting then go back in each folder and grab the attachment. SIMBLI consumes too much of my time for items that should be faster and easier.

Eboard has been a great change for our old "book style" board meetings

Pros

We were able to completely move to an electronic Board Meeting from the old Pen and Paper solution. We are able to save a TON of paper, because our Board Members required a set of papers for their home and for the meeting, then we had to re-print everything on larger pages for our Minutes Book. It has saved tons of time and money!

Cons

We had some issues with setting up our templates for the board meetings due to the way our old templates were setup. This is not a problem with the software, persay, it is more a problem with the way that we did things. I would, however, prefer a way to setup a custom template with %field% names to be able to drop into specific places in the template.

Response from eBOARDsolutions

Thanks for your review, Michael - very much appreciated!

Replied June 2018

Andy

One-Stop-Shop for Board Governance

SImbli is a fantastic product that allows helps facilitate all of our board governance needs in a single, easy to use application. GSBA has been using the application for almost a decade and we've been tremendously pleased with the products, services, and exceptional support the eBOARDsolutions Team provides. Highly recommend!

Pros

I like the fact that the software is completely integrated, allowing me to link items like policies and evaluations to board meeting agendas. There's tremendous flexibility with the software and it help us reduce both the time and expense associated with preparing for, conducting, and managing meetings.

Cons

None

Jan

Simbli has made my job so much easier - it has made me much more efficient in my day-to-day tasks!

The main benefit that I get from this software is that it is searchable, very user-friendly, and it keeps everything neat and organized in one location. I can complete board minutes quickly, and never have to retype the same information repeatedly.

Pros

Simbi is very user-friendly. I like that I am able to make additions/changes in seconds. I no longer have to make a printed board packet and deliver them to board members. I just click a few buttons and board members can see their agenda information. One of the most helpful features that I use often is the "SEARCH" function. I can find approved items or policy sections in a flash. Simbli simply make me look good at my job!

Jan

This product has been part of my daily work life since 2004 and I cannot imagine not using Simbli!

Pros

I use the Meetings Module in Simbli to prepare monthly Board of Education meetings. It is absolutely seamless. Access to individual agenda items may be assigned to appropriate staff members with ease. Supporting documents are easily imported. All of the Simbli modules are very intuitive. The search feature is helpful for referencing past meetings. When it's time to publish the agenda I do so with confidence, knowing that everything I needed was there from the start to create a flawless meeting.

Peggy

The customer support is ALWAYS great!

An efficient way to see, monitor, control meetings and the use of policies is also wonderful!

Pros

The simplicity of this and the customer service and knowledge they have. I like the help section with videos also.

Cons

The meeting listings- would like a default to be able to set for certain people. Our board members don't want to have to find their meetings, I have showed them meeting type so they can select but they forget. Wish I could default their meetings under user admin.

Robyn

Simbli has made my job so much more efficient. I love it!

It saves trees. :) The software is much more efficient. It's easily revised. It frees me from creating almost 20 notebooks for every board meeting! That in itself would make me a user!

Pros

The thing I like most about using Simbli is the ability to import documents and share meetings with other users.

Angela

Great!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the "search" feature. It allows user to specify which module to perform a search query which saves time in retrieving your desired result.

Melissa

The software is easy to use.

Pros

I like the improvements made to the Documents section. It is much more user friendly and intuitive. Adding documents is easy and so is setting permissions.

Cons

The search function. I do not want to have to go into advance search to look up information prior to 2 years and, often the advance search doesn't work

Doug

Industry: Writing and Editing

Simbli is simply the best. This product streamlines information in an efficient manner.

Streamlines information and accessibility

Pros

I can to go one place and find any information I need about our school system. This product allows us to leverage technology in a powerful way. With its unique one-stop capability, anyone associated with our school system can access information with the click of a button and instantly increase knowledge and productivity. Simbli is also an effective tool to educate all stakeholders within our community about our meetings, policies, procedures and success.

Cons

Only that more people don't use this exceptional tool. This product is well thought out and has the means to transform any users effectiveness.

Karen

I have been using this product since 2007. It has been user friendly from day one.

Pros

In short, the things I like most: Customer Service is top notch, product is intuitive and user friendly, help feature is thorough, this product makes my job much easier.

Cons

There are a few features in setup that I wish worked a little differently. Other than that, I love eboard/simbli.

Claire

Simbli provides the system with the perfect tool to ensure that all of our work is aligned!

Pros

We utilize the Simbli planning module to manage our strategic plan. Goals and strategies are aligned through the process of developing performance objectives, initiatives, and action steps that focus on clear targets. With Simbli's planning module, we can effectively communicate the strategic planning process and the measurable outcomes to all stakeholders. The module allows employees to focus on their areas of responsibility while understanding how their work fits into the overall plan. We are also beginning to use the planning module for School Improvement Plans.

Heather

Simbli is a good program and easy to use. It has made my job much easier.

Pros

The ability to assign the agenda items and share in a digital format. The ease of sharing the agenda with the board and public.

Cons

It has it quirks. Duplicating agenda items when first entered; randomly losing text that was typed into an item.

Margaret C

The program is definitely user-friendly.

Pros

The software is user-friendly for both individuals having to enter information and those using it for research. The icons make it easy to figure out how to navigate through the various screens and functions.

Scott

Our experience with Simbli has been very positive and has made us a better organization.

It allows us to centralize our efforts to create, monitor and communicate our strategies for improvement.

Pros

Simbli is comprehensive, deals with key areas such as agendas, plans, policies and evaluations, it allows for display of results and communication of strategies to achieve results and the customer s