What are ESET Endpoint Security users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ESET Endpoint Security software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like how easy it is to set up and it integrates with our environment nicely. The cost was very reasonable versus many of its competitors."
  • icon"I like the options to deploy and personalize the options of AV in the Organization, an the response of the support is superb!!! always want to help to deploy updates of AV or console."
  • icon"Large footprint makes it indestructible to hackers. For the money it is awesome and customer service is excellent to work with when you renew your subscription."
  • icon"We have had a lot of issues with their cloud admin portal, either not working or being slow. Their reseller portal is also poor and could do with a re design."
  • icon"Not able to detect all viruses during computer scan. After entire scan, ESET shows warnings."
  • icon"This was a slight problem that I didn’t expect. It also seems to run slow but it could be my configuration so I can’t be sure to blame the software yet."

Browse all ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

• Have you used ESET Endpoint Security and would like to share your experience with others?

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Solid endpoint solution for less

Bruno

Industry: Industrial Automation

July 2022

The best security software for your company

Whenever I receive data, the software analyzes it first and assures me that everything is ok, this way we can safely solve our business problems. Its benefits is that it acts very quickly when detecting threats and eliminates them.

Pros

This software is characterized by being very reliable and safe, in my company it is very helpful to avoid viruses and malicious programs, and above all to protect our data and files. The software is very easy to use from installation and running. Its integration has been very important in the company as it helps us to be safe when sending and receiving data from our customers and partners. This software makes our job easier.

Cons

The software is really good, it's not lacking in features because it's always up to date. Its processes are easy to use and it was easy to integrate it into the company.

Warren

June 2022

ESET - Reliable, Affordable and great support.

We have used Eset for over 15 years now, and it's robust Anti Virus programme, combined with top notch helpdesk is a winning formula. On the rare occasion you need to contact their support, they are quick, precise and incredibly helpful.

Pros

The ease of use is it's greatest pull. It really is a plug and play solution. Once installed, it sits there doing it's job effectively. Minimal configuration is needed, but you can go as crazy as you want with it.

Cons

other AV vendors have started to add in third party software updating. This would be received well within ESET.

Reasons for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

We chose ESET, as it has it's main UK office not far from us so was a well thought out choice.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

We found Norton to be very hungry on resources, whereas ESET is very lightweight.

jojo

they have gotten worst especially the Mgmt Console Version 7.x.x

Pros

nothing since the moved to Version 7.x.x

Cons

all of it especially the module, agent, installers and tasks. it is really a piece of garbage

Reasons for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

the management console, tasks, installers and detection. it is the worst i've ever seen. i've been using this software since it came out less than 2 decades ago but that's about it. started switching to Cylance and adding Malwarebytes (cloud version is really great on this one). Trust me this software is a PIECE OF GARBAGE so spend your $$$ to another vendor. I've been using this for at least close to 2 decades so i know how the software is changing, it is but this time it was the worst. Once a software is giving you a headache to manage...it's garbage!!!

April 2022

Eset Endpoing Security Best for Business Protection

well since we are using the Eset endpoint we save a lot of time, and we start using it in 2017 until now, we try to switch from another vendor because no agent management, imagine if you have 1200 computers without an agent how can we manage? but since we have an Eset ERA management console server we can manage Eset protection well, I can say I stay safe from viruses for 4 years already. I recommend Eset endpoint for enterprise business.

Pros

its the lite software of antivirus that does not consume the bandwidth of ram, CPU, of the user, so user feel their computer is not slow. another point related to administrator management can manage well on the computer inside the campus and cross-campus with the Eset Remote Management, remote scan, and update, deployment. the last one is the ERA console server can monitor all the risks, and activities of each client/agent that has a problem, and the system administrator can update or push updates from the ERA server well.

Cons

its really cool already i have no comment about this.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

it's very slow the computer and the effectiveness of the virus protection is low.

Edgar

February 2022

A software that really helps

ESET has definitely been a very useful tool for us. Its light client is really light, it does not affect the performance of the computers in a drastic or noticeable way, you do not have to worry that your computer is slow and you do not know if it is because OS updated or if it is the antivirus that makes it slow. With closed eyes I stay with ESET and I recommend it.

Pros

When you are a small company, many times, if not always, you force yourself to look for elements or things that work and that fit your budget and that really HELP you in your daily operation, that is why we usually search and try, search and try , and one day we found this tool: ESET. The big antivirus software developer houses already existed, they were the best known and at the same time the ones that established market prices, and surely for this reason, ESET, not having the recognition that those companies had, was not a tool that demanded a considerable budget (and I'm still talking about small companies, micro companies), so we gave ourselves the opportunity to get to know ESET. Once we had already used antivirus from those prestigious brands, we knew what to expect from them and of course, thinking that it was what existed in the market, we had to assume that this is what had to be used, those heavy software that slowed down your computer, and you had to put up with it because we wanted to be protected and we trusted that those tools were protecting us. I must confess that we knew about ESET through colleagues who also had the need to look for efficient, functional and safe tools, so we did the software test, the result: the perfect solution for our needs. And the needs were and still are very simple: software that protects, software that is easy to use, and software that does not affect the performance of the computer. ESET is the good one.

Cons

I can't talk about things that I don't like about ESET because this tool has been really useful and has served its purpose and I could say that it is not needed anymore. It is understood that the graphical interface with the user is simpler, less unnecessary functionalities than that of other antiviruses, but I don't see it as something negative. I hope that they continue to maintain the same quality and safety, and proce that they have offered to this day without their heads going through the roof.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Looking for better solution.

July 2022

Very useful and critical threat protection program for anyone

Overall, the current ESET program is the best PC and web security/ protection software I have ever used and it is definitely a good value for money.

Pros

I very much like that ESET provide extra secure browsing when financial/banking applications are used. The subscription plans of ESET and the possibility to include a phone, and devices of other family members are very weel thought and targeted. Good pricing.

Cons

The initial set-up and the program start are not very intuitive, please work on that. In this regard, it is not easy to understand whether the program has been loaded and running after payment. Compared to the free version, it is surprising that the initial setup with the free version is much easier. Similarly, the renewal process is not very user-friendly.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

I needed to be sure I am protecting my information. Free anti-virus programs are quite a risk as compared to the potential losses

hasini

June 2022

Best anivirus software in the market

I have been using this for few years and my overall experience is awesome. I'm experiencing a great user journey so far and got the protection that I expected from eset.

Pros

Eset is my first virus guard that I bought and it is keeping me safe since 2015. This provides a good set of features for an affordable price. Easy to configure and scan for any threats. Most importantly this does not use lots of resources while scanning and because of that the performance of the computer does not get degraded. Eset provides time to time security updates to protect against current threats.

Cons

The pop up notifications are somewhat disturbing while I'm working and it would be great if they can handle that.

Gianluca

Good software for security

Pros

ESET System have always been easy to use and light. This one is the same.

Cons

The interface should be more modern but that's not so important.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Norton is heavy and sometimes slow.

Asraful

March 2022

ESET is the best security for Windows.

Pros

I have tried a lot of security/virus scanner software for the long term and I am happy to announce it is the best based on my experience. Some of you may know the reason why I'm talking like this. It's Lite and impactful for my PC.

Cons

Updating to the latest version will not get my full mark. It's like a disturbance.

Sally April

Industry: Semiconductors

June 2022

Complete protection against computer threats

Pros

It is quiet, light, effective and easy to manage. It allows you to receive personalized notifications to be informed of possible computer threats. It has artificial intelligence to offer greater depth in the defense against cyber attacks. It offers a ransomware shield that allows you to stop attacks from day zero, guaranteeing maximum protection.

Cons

Its cost is considerably high compared to similar solutions. It has presented some problems with some applications, because it stops their execution.

Samson

Great Anti Virus software

We have a great relationship with ESET and we are very happy

Pros

Provides great protection and software is often updated and feedback is welcomed by the company

Cons

Older versions can be a pain to upgrade requiring manually remotely and reinstall sometimes

Andrigo

June 2022

A very competent security software for home and corporate users.

Very pleasant. I recommend it for everyone.

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security helped me improving the security on my customers by providing a cost-efficient solution that is easy to implement and maintain.

Cons

They should improve their policy management, sometimes it can be really confusing.

Harold

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

March 2022

Security Points

I do use this software as my personal security, so I do benefit from it

Pros

The software supports online updates , so users can receive updates when ever they have internet access

Cons

The software is user friendly in such a way that your able to use it both on computer and android device

Chanaka

Industry: Civil Engineering

Fast, Lightweight, efficient antivirus which is a must for any user

ESET is the fastest and most efficient security tool among many others and I'm telling this from experience. This will work on any device even if it's got lower performance without overloading the device. Just try this and you will understand why this is one of the best in the market right now. Detection engine is capable of identifying many threats which are missed from similar tools.

Pros

I started using ESET few years back and instantly I felt an improvement from all the antivirus software I used during my time. ESET was fast and had minimal impact on overall performance on computer while detecting many threats other tools could not detect. With constant updates and user friendly UI, I feel it's the most comfortable tool I have used. Quite customizable with excluding locations, custom firewall, and specially the gaming mode where it improves overall performance of computer was splendid. As a user for many years ESET came up with many good features like email protection, banking protection, and a own blacklist to enhance users' security.

Cons

I used ESET for many years but I have rarely seen faults in ESET. But I think constant notifications reminding to update and lower downloading speed for updates even when a stable and speed internet connection is available can be stated as the areas where I think ESET need to improve.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

ESET was fast and efficient as an antivirus and had more user friendly features I liked.

Robert

Removes infections others do not.

Have found ESET support to be responsive and knowledage. We have met the UK head of sales a few times at various events and it has always been a pleasure.

Pros

We are partnered with ESET as their product range has a very virus detection rate combined with a low system impact. Quite often we have customers bring in computers running other AV software and we use ESET to remove infections.

Cons

The ERA console is very flexable but can be overly complex for most use cases. Would be nice to see a better implementation of the user interface, perhaps a wizzard system. This does not affect end users though.

Reasons for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Price and previous good histroy with ESET.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Trends virus detection rate at the time was not so good.

Gabriella

Industry: Mining & Metals

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

Pros

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software. I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with 8 GBs of RAM and it works well. It uses low computing power and it does not slow down my computer. I like the ESET splash screen that shows up on computer startup, it's interesting how it's changed over the years. The splash screen has a clean and premium feel to it and it makes using ESET thus much more pleasant. The splash screen simply shows up and automatically disappears, making starting up pleasant and not long especially when compared to other programs where a complete window opens up which then has to be closed. I have also used it on an entry-level computer with a Celeron processor and 4 GBs of RAM. It worked well, and I still saw the above pros, and most importantly I was able to scan my computer and have it free of malware.

Cons

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs. There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Over a decent number of years, I have switched from ESET to Kaspersky and then to ESET again and have also used both of them together. I switched from Kaspersky because it takes quite a bit of computing power.

Alain Jove

A good choice to keep viruses at bay

Overall, the product suits my needs especially in terms of managing a relatively small network of computers. The essential functions are present to prevent intrusion, and tying it up with the default firewall as well as tweaking router settings suits just fine in preventing unwanted websites and pop ups from appearing in in your screen, and sifting through websites with anomalous content.

Pros

There's a ton of anti virus and anti malware apps already online, but one reason why I used this product is for its simplicity and for its being lightweight, and not to mention the pricing. Doing system maintenance can be a daunting task, and waiting for boot scans to finish can be time consuming especially with a lot of tasks on the to do list. Yes, I do boots cans once a month to ensure that my security software can reach the deepest caverns of my computer because with all the phishing, malware, ransomware, and viruses lingering online, it's better to make this precautions than fall prey to it. I also find it very handy using the malware scan through the browser, which is optional but can be easily changed in the settings. Along with the default Windows Firewall of Windows 10, I feel my system a lot safer, because apparently using only the latter isn't sufficient enough to keep those bad entities at bay.

Cons

Although pricing is way better than others, it is limited to some functionalities. And an advanced user might consider switching to other products if one is looking for other add-ons especially for those who have high browsing and other internet activities.

Reasons for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

At that time, there were a few security products that have false positives in tagging searched elements as viruses or malware and one of them is Kaspersky. Although, the default settings can be changed, I was looking for something less stricter but is efficient in weeding out bad rootkit elements, which led me to ESET.

Trevor

Industry: Computer Networking

Eset security software

We use this software in many ways to protect businesses from hackers and viruses and blocked unsafe web site. Plus it protects our company when access banking information.

Pros

I have been Eset for a while now, and the software has made some significant improvement overall with using the software adding more security features like the banking system. This software you to take control of access to firewalls and also gives users control on having a computer scanning for issues. The software has a different level of software protection to choose from.

Cons

The licensed to purchase this software is a bit troubling. It does give your license keys. If you need to reinstall the program in some older model, you required a user name and keycode or ID code. It just too confusing. Also, the software takes too many resources when scanning every time you reboot your computer.

Reasons for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

It was more user-friendly software without a lot of false advertising.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Norton was too slow and would cause too many issues.

LOURDES

Lightweight But Tough Virus and Web Protection

I have been an ESET user since 2005. Back then there was only ESET NOD32 and it has grown a lot since with various platform protection. I am very pleased that they have not changed their style of being lightweight and easy to install (no-brainer installation and management) that I recommend it for use to friends and colleagues. I have never ever had any virus problems with ESET which is the main reason why I am confident when I recommend it even to clients. One really gets the value for his/her money with a license purchase from ESET.

Pros

It is lightweight, meaning it does not need too much resources to run in the operating system. This is the best selling factor for me of ESET NOD32, especially when compared to Norton or McAfee. The value for money is greater than Kaspersky, another antivirus product which I think is just as good as ESET. ESET is also easy to install and hassle-free. It takes very little time and supervision to install this and as long as you have fast internet, downloading the latest updates and modules is also fast and easy.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about ESET's range of security products is that there are different version for different devices that I have to purchase them separately if I wanted an all-around ESET protection. It would be nice if there is a way to get discount on, say, mobile licenses if you already have the full Windows/Mac product purchased. I had to purchase a separate license for my Android phone - it would have been nice if I could just use the same license.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Norton is good but very heavy on processing and more often than not, blocks legitimate products from running. It sometimes turns out that solution is worse than what it is trying to cure so I switch.

Solid endpoint solution for less

Excellent, since we have tested new products with additional new features but when we got it, we definitely felt it was the best out there.

Pros

When we were looking for new endpoint solution, we knew there is so many out there and they are all relatively pushy when talking to their sales people. We went through the normal process with Eset and found the pricing mixed with the easy to use reporting and alerting features were better than anything else we tried to that point, overall great decision and very happy with our choice when we moved over.

Cons

Honestly not a ton of dislikes here, everything did exactly what we hoped for it to do, so not much here.

Reasons for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

A mix of the great pricing and reporting and great conversations with the sales rep lead us to make that final decision.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Got offered to potentially work with and use and the reporting and alerts features I really enjoyed the ease of overall use.

Abinadi

Your Security made Easy

I use this every day and it works perfectly. I love its simplicity so anyone at home could check for threat however it is still very powerful tool. The frequency of the updates its just fine and I like the fact that I can constantly monitor the events and logs for more details.

Pros

The product is very solid compared to its competitors. The regular updates keep you secure for new security threat and it is very simple to use but still very effective

Cons

I would like to see a more simple integration with some IoT devices and control of the home network. overall is a great product update could more frequent. Include details of the upgrade for people familiar with security terminology

Reasons for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

A combination of price and features

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Symantec was having some vulnerabilities and I was not happy with the gray areas so I made some investigations and decided for ESET Endpoint Security

Malinda

Industry: Government Relations

The best anti-virus software for business

I have been using eset anti-virus software for 3+ years and my experience so far is really positive. As a company we have never faced any virus/malware infection from the day we started using it and it is doing a great job for these 3+ years. First we used the 30-day trial and then we got that it is the right choice. My overall experience of using eset anti-virus software is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use an anti-virus software which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time and it is the best on the market currently.

Pros

There are many ways that a computer can get infected with spyware, viruses, and malware. Among those downloads from internet, email attachments and removable media are the main ways. Normally one railway station has at least 10 computers and those contain sensitive information. These computers are connected to the internet and can be infected from viruses at anytime easily. Viruses can steal passwords, get access to sensitive information, damage files, monitor user's activities and make frequent computer crashes.If one computer get infected, the other computers connected to the network affected too. For all these problems, company decided to use an anti-virus protection to safeguard the PCs. Few years back we have decided to switch to eset anti-virus software. The installation was really easy. That is the most stable and effective anti-virus software I have ever used. Eset runs in the background without hassling me. It doesn't ask me to run a security check/ restart the pc while I'm doing another work. I love the way that it handles everything about security of the pc. It doesn't degrade the performance of my computer while scanning and it intelligently identify threats without blocking other programs. The pretty user interface with “You are protected” sign tells me that everything is fine at one glance.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have anything against eset. The license is bit costly but the price is really worth for the security that we get. It is absolutely easy to use.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

First we used microsoft windows defender and then we experienced that the protection offered by windows defender is not enough to guarantee the security of the company and the detection ratio needs further improvement. When scanning a computer it degrade the computers' performance. Also the user interface of windows defender is not pleasant. Because of all these issues we decided to switch to eset.

Eset Endpoint Security (Business)

Which? has recently awarded Eset's Antivirus Product its highest score in the "Best Buy" for "paid for" products. The small footprint and speed of its scanning engine is impressive coupled with its VB100 record and free upgrade to new versions make Eset an obvious choice. It doesn't slow your machine down on scanning and is sympathetic in its notifications to cause the least disruption to your workflow. On the whole I would recommend Eset Endpoint Security highly it does what it says on the tin and with minimal fuss.

Pros

Eset Endpoint Security is a business offering of a comprehensive suite of Security products including authentication, encryption and antiviral products for multi platform. The business licenses can be purchased in blocks of 5 for a 1 to 3 year duration. The product contains antivirus, firewall, antispam, device control and web filtering. The software footprint is small and its scanning engines speed is impressive against its competition. Eset has passed each one of its VB100 labtests never missing an in the wild virus. Licensing is flexible and new versions are free as long as you hold a valid license. On demand scans can be immediate or scheduled and Esset pride themselves on keeping false positives to a minimum. Eset's support team are knowledgeable and helpful and will happily remote to your machine using ISLOnline to resolve any issues you may have. The business product can be managed by a Remote Administration Console making easy to update and configure all the Eset software on your network.

Cons

Because of Eset's comprehensive suite of products it is adviseable to get an Eset agent or Eset themselves to carry out the intial setup. As you drill through the menu's the compexity of the product becomes very evident. The home user security product contains helpful context sensitive messages to aid with its configuration but the messages produced by the business product require some technical knowledge. The firewall part of the product can be sensitive to minor network changes and block printers and devices which are contained in the secure zone. This can be very frustrating for users who have shares on thier PC which are needed by other users.

Darina

Industry: Civil Engineering

It is best to be safe

The best is that from very beginning of using ESET software I have no problem with harms to computer or data or web site - no one. This is most important - they are continually improving their SW to be best on market and help their customer . They do their business very well - so we may do our safe and protected.

Pros

To have my data safe - not to be afraid of any harm in my data. We use many commercial data from our clients to prepare for them good offers and manage good projects - so we have to be safe with all our work. Many of my friends lost all data on damaged hardisks by activity of stupid hackers or paid so much money to unlock data in specialised companies. Data it is the most important in today times - so the best protection of computer by best software like ESET is step to right direction. I use ESET software for more than ten years - no one problem with any harm of computer or data - and we use internet daily. ESET is the best

Cons

there is no one thing, even I like the design and name - it so good

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

I was recommended by my PC service

ESET Endpoint Security