What are Asana users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Asana software through verified user reviews

11,164 Reviews

6,509
3,774

• icon"It's like Facebook for task management. The best thing about Asana is surely design, it is minimalistic, beautiful, smart and goal oriented."
  • icon"Asana has a super friendly user interface that makes task management far more joyful than other competitors."
  • icon"Asana is a great software it keeps things easy and clear to follow...the way it has listings and timeline helps to navigate through the activities I also like how it tracks milestones of a project."
  • icon"There is nothing a find to criticize in a negative way from this product, by the way."
  • icon"This can be frustrating because you are only able to see conflicting requirements in the Timeline view."
  • icon"The whole application left me indifferent or even slightly repulsed. That sounds really harsh when I write it, but it's the truth."

Browse all Asana Reviews

• Have you used Asana and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 11,313 reviews

Leighton

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Excellent Project Management Tool

Amit

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

June 2022

Great value for free subscription

As a business owner, I used this software to create and track threads of actions with my team.

Pros

Offers a lot of features for the free version.

Cons

Results in too many alert emails arriving to your inbox.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Asana did everythign I wanted, in its free version.

Esther

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

March 2022

A solution to maximize and accelerate workflow.

Asana is one of the best task managers, where you can organize your projects and work together, adding users is very simple and so everyone can go to the same virtual workspace from any device, increasing productivity. (I recommend balancing the workload of team members with Asana Resource Manager)

Pros

What I like the most is that I can attach documents and local files from Dropbox. I can filter tasks and projects either by alphabetical order, due dates, etc. It's a great collaborative tool to improve productivity. We can manage tasks and activities from anywhere, with any browser, plus I can also do it from my cell phone with my Android app. With Asana is possible to organize as many teams as needed, as well as projects, creating, assigning and monitoring, it is a very complete workspace, safe where we finish tasks faster and more efficiently, a process that has changed positively since I use Asana.

Cons

-There is a lot of competition in the market, however Asana has known how to stand out, but its price could be more competitive because there are definitely cheaper or more attractive free versions. -I would like to see it linked with more integrations, it would be perfect. Also a more simplified Asana guide, the software is full of features that require a learning curve.

Siokas

Industry: Research

June 2022

A useful management tool for demanding organizations

The tool helped the teams organize their tasks in a comprehensive manner that allowed them to be more efficient and effective.

Pros

The features available and theability to integrate external tools.

Cons

The interface is something I amnot used to and had to make some adjustments in the way I work in order to comply to the needs of the tool.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Due to the characteristics of the project and the strucutre of the team, Asana was the most suitable tool at that time.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Theorganization needed a tool that had more options to change the way the projects were organized and the way different tools can be integrated. Therefore, the needs of the team changes and we had to adapt.l

I Prefer Notion or Airtable to Asana

Asana was the first project and task management tool I ever used. My overall experience with it is that I found myself seeking out more advanced and customizable project management applications because Asana's capabilities were limited.

Pros

Asana is a good starter project management tool. If you're on a team that only needs to track a few things, or is looking to collaborate on and track project information, Asana may be the solution for you. It's fairly user friendly and easy to learn, and you're able to track the same sets of data across various different views (List, Board, Timeline, Calendar, etc.). You're also able to view your own tasks outside of and separate from project views, creating a sort of "to do list" you can refer to that is organized by task due date.

Cons

The software is quite limited when it comes to database building, or customization. I much prefer Notion's "pages" and "databases," which give its users much more flexibility in how to present information, allowing you to design and organize pages using text, headers, in-line tables, images, videos, you name it. Asana, however, is fairly confined to a singular look, that only varies by view type. Properties are incapable of being customized as easily as they are in Airtable or Notion as well. If you're highly experienced in project management, and customization is important to you, I'd look for something more advanced than Asana.

Tlotlego

July 2022

An answer to speed up work process.

Asana(opens in new tab) is even more an efficiency and joint effort bundle as opposed to a venture the board software(opens in new tab) suite. It does exclude worked in time following or high level task plans, which are both fundamental for keeping long haul projects on target and accurately paid. In any case, Asana succeeds at task the executives, with a UI that is both natural and flexible, simplifying it to team up in gatherings of any size. Task, responsibility the board, and a few application connectors are among the stage's best elements.

Pros

Asana has a simple and easy user interface The elements are accessible and have the capacity to coordinate outside devices. What I like the most is that I can connect records and neighborhood documents from Dropbox. I can channel assignments and ventures either by sequential request, due dates, and so forth. It's an incredible cooperative instrument to further develop efficiency. We can oversee assignments and exercises from any place, with any program, in addition to I can likewise do it from my cell with my Android application. With Asana is feasible to sort out however many groups depending on the situation, as well as undertakings, making, doling out, and checking, it is an exceptionally complete work area, safe where we follow through with jobs quicker and all the more effectively, a cycle that has changed emphatically since I use Asana.

Cons

The product is very restricted with regards to data set building, or customization. I very much want Notion's "pages" and "data sets," which give its clients substantially more adaptability in how to introduce data, permitting you to plan and sort out pages utilizing text, headers, in-line tables, pictures, recordings, and so on. Asana, nonetheless, is genuinely restricted to a particular look, that main shifts by view type. Properties are unequipped for being modified as effectively as in Airtable or Notion. Assuming you're profoundly knowledgeable about the project the board, customization is essential to you.

Reasons for choosing Asana

We choose Asana because the price was reasonable. Our Innovation department needed a tool that had more options to change the way the projects were organized and one that could integrate with Slack for the team to be aware of what changes have been made.

Aaron

Great Task, Project, and Time Management Tool

My last job and my current job requires a lot of process and change management and being able to collaborate, track, and schedule both projects and operational duties has really been a game changer in two roles where the amount of to-do's have been overwhelming so for me personally to just be able to organize my work is incredible and being able to collaborate on projects is just a plus. As I've repeated in this review twice already, my review is not to say that other similar project management tools are better, it's just the fact that you can have paid and unpaid subscriptions without any restraints and quite a bit of functionality that have made it the tool of choice for my company.

Pros

The ability to customize the boards, categories, tasks, and sub-tasks with its scheduling abilities helps me stay not only on task but keep track of all my reoccurring operational duties and projects that I'm juggling in my new role in my new company. Being able to have tasks move automatically from board to board with the scheduling tool helps me complete the smaller operational duties that are easily forgotten. The collaboration on projects is simple but effective and works for my team as we coordinate new billing and accounting processes for geographical service areas. Having the option for free accounts without trial time restraints is extremely helpful for those in other teams who collaborate with my team only on occasion and others who are interested in tracking the progress of certain tasks or projects.

Cons

It would be helpful if there were more integrations with other email, calendar, and communication software's and platforms for team members and other co-workers who have trouble checking Asana and could get reminders or integrations that allow them to keep track and be a part of the software while checking their other normal software's (i.e. Outlook/Slack).

Reasons for switching to Asana

For others on my team that don't need a full license the free version offers quite a bit more and without time restraints like Monday.com.

Much better than Trello

Overall, we highly recommend using Asana for projects management.

Pros

We like the templates Asana has and the sharing feature it has.

Cons

The free version is very limited, and to be able to onboard a team on it - this free version is needed.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Because we were looking for a more robust software.

Evelyn

Great Project System

I had I good experience with Asana, but it does take some time to learn and get use to, in the meanwhile you find yourself wasting valuable time trying to feed reports of your work in the system.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. There are many third party integrations. It does offer a lot of useful functionalities for marketing teams.

Cons

Sometimes it is very time-consuming to feed data in the system, thus, it plays a role different that the one it is supposed to play. I do not recommend this kind of suites for small teams that need to have a lot of productivity, since, despite it may allow the managers to take better decisions and track the task progress, it does take time from the workers to perform the activities.

Reasons for choosing Asana

I did choose Whimsical instead. Even Whimsical may have less features, it is always our canvas to design processes and planning with ease.

Joseph

July 2022

Now I see why this is a popular platform for PMs

Multiple parallel but independent projects competing for resources and the manage the projects the better the resources are managed

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and we liked all the reporting features such as advanced search, saved search reports, milestones, and workload.

Cons

It was a little less intuitive to configure, but once it was up, I know I can create new projects quickly. Just a learning curve I guess

Reasons for switching to Asana

Team members were frustrated with Basecamp and many had heard about Asana

Richard

The right choice

I have a better productivity thanks to Asana, because it allows me to have a global vision on the deadlines I set myself

Pros

The simplicity of use and especially the fact that it is quite easy to have an overview of your tasks when you work on multiple projects at the same time. Moreover, the free version is not too limiting

Cons

That's a good question. The only negative thing I'll say is that it's filled in when you upgrade to the paid version, with the ability to set up goals.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I couldn't get an overview of all the projects with Trello, I was looking for a simpler and more efficient interface

June 2022

Good to inform the right department about upgrades needed, etc.

Pros

You can assign a teammate to tasks, and you can organize them, by priority, etc. It is very customizable!

Cons

I didn't find it effective with notifications about updates, and reminders for incompleted tasks.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Needed a more organized software, where everyone can post, and assign reports to the needed department.

Justin

July 2015

Asana - A great tool with some limitations

Pros

I really like the idea behind this product. It is nice to have a tool that has the potential to reduce the amount of emails you receive every day. I liked seeing what my coworkers were working on and what timelines they were given to complete tasks.

Cons

Although the product is designed to reduce the amount of emails, the default settings actually increased the amount of emails in my inbox. I was constantly receiving daily updates and reminders on what needed to be done still. Every time someone commented on the Asana task, I would receive an email. I know that this could be changed in the settings, but I believe this should have just been the default.

Mike

Asana: The Best Way to Stay Organized

I really like the features that Asana offers. I especially appreciate the ability to create tasks and subtasks, as well as the option to add attachments to tasks. This makes it easy to keep track of everything that needs to be done for a project. Additionally, I love being able to assign tasks to specific people and set due dates.

Pros

I love how Asana is always up to date with the latest features and updates. It makes it easy to keep track of all my tasks and projects in one place. Plus, the support is amazing! They are always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have.

Cons

I don't like that Asana doesn't have an undo button. Sometimes I make a mistake and need to undo it, but I can't. I have to start all over again. Or it's hidding in a not so logical place....

Reasons for choosing Asana

Asana is the best way to manage projects and tasks. We chose Asana because it’s the simplest way to get organized and stay on top of your work. With Asana, you can create tasks, track progress, and collaborate with your team in one place. You’ll be able to get your work done faster and with less stress. Try Asana today! You wont regret it!

Vassilis

July 2022

An efficient and feature-rich tool for complete project planning and management

To make a long story short, Asana is a time-saver for us; it allows our team to be more efficient, facilitates collaboration with remotely-working colleagues, and allows us to put our focus on the most urgent tasks, as we have the option to prioritize our work in various ways using Asana. Its flexibility in terms of customization allows us to bring Asana to the specific needs of a project (and not vice-versa). Another benefit is that we manage to reduce the number of emails we used to exchange, as most of project related communication takes place within Asana using comments that mention one or more team members - as a heads-up. After about 6 years of using Asana for various purposes, we can confirm that it has helped us move things forward with our work.

Pros

Our company is activated in Information Technologies and manages a large number of projects at any time. We use Asana for project planning, management and monitoring, as it has a clear structure for projects and tasks within projects, which is crucial for us. Asana is one of the most flexible tools we have used, allowing us to easily digitize our project structure without compromises. We set up the projects and tasks within each project, with detailed descriptions, milestones, goals, deadlines and reminders, prioritizing and tagging tasks, mentioning colleagues in comments to draw their attention, adding collaborators at a click, setting dependencies with other tasks and projects. We love the calendar view, which provides an overview of our ongoing work, the workflow view for our project management aficionados, as well as the ability to export insightful reports where and when needed.

Cons

If there was one thing we could complain about Asana is data export: Despite the fact that our company employs developers, we have a hard time exporting the data / fields we need. For example, one of our teams uses Asana for tracking the communication with existing and potential customers. We have put a lot of thought and effort in setting up the forms ands custom fields in tasks. However, when trying to export using Asana's API, there are numerous issues leading to unformatted data etc.

Morgan

June 2022

A gorgeous modern tracking system

Overall, experimenting with Asana has been a great option. It has a low price point and the functionality that it offers for that price is definitely a steal. If your organization is looking for a tool that gets the basics done, it’s a great choice. It’s beautiful and easy to use and that’s what it advertises. Unfortunately, for larger organizations that have more team members or complex projects, it is not robust enough to handle those kinds of needs.

Pros

I absolutely love how Asana looks. It is so much cleaner and more modern than a lot of its competition. I also love how it makes simple tasks very easy, which makes them more approachable to the average user. It is great for broad overview of projects and organizing timelines. It is very simple to use, and I believe that anyone can get the hang of it in under a day.

Cons

I think that Asana is great for casual users and organizations that are small, or operate in small teams. When it is scaled up however, I find that it is lacking in certain functionalities that are present in its competition. It is not as robust and for power users it may not suits the purposes of an organization or project.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Our organization initially chose Asana, however after spending time on it, we realized that it wouldn’t suit the functionality of all the departments. So we are using Asana in conjunction with alternatives.

Ck

May 2022

Great at workflow and project management

Pros

The first thing you notice is its clean and modern UI. Don't let that fool you, because once you start playing around, you will notice that it's feature-rich. It covers most project/task/workflow management and tracking needs. Even after using it on daily basis for almost 2 years, I am still finding new functionality that greatly enhances the user experience. It is also highly customizable for your needs. The best feature it offers is the timeline view that allows managing dependencies a breeze. It has free and paid versions. For small teams or for personal use, you can easily get away with the free version with pretty much all the same features as the paid version.

Cons

One thing I hate about Asana is email notifications. While you can customize them, they feel very spammy when you start out and they are not well organized. They make finding relevant information hard enough that you are better off visiting the full website instead. You can have nested subtasks, which is a great feature. However, organizing and sorting them is not possible without 3rd party assistance. This makes it pretty much unusable if you are dealing with hundreds of subtasks.

Interface and user experience

Andrea

May 2022

Asana makes my life easier

I have been using asana for at least six years now. Before, I used Excel for complex projects (I worked as a consultant) and to-do list applications for other matters (including, personal.) Since I got asana, all my projects are in one place. In Asana I basically have my life project. I've had a great experience with the application, and I'm glad it now has a desktop application.

Pros

First, I would be delighted with the interface. The projects are on the right, and I can switch between different layouts at the top. I use List and Calendar. I like that in that same view, I can see my labels. I use the labels to prioritize tasks across projects. I like how intuitive it is to navigate through the projects. Second, I like how easy it is to enter information. I can schedule tasks from my email. I can save notes under each task. Third, I like how easy it is to collaborate with others.

Cons

There is no plugin to convert links into tasks when using Firefox. That is so far my only negative point.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana offers everything I was looking for: a cloud solution, robust enough to collaborate with others, and intuitive. Asana has exceeded my expectations.

Oussama

Industry: Import and Export

Amazing control with Asana

From my personal experience, I managed the marketing and sales team at Indaxia for three years across the Asana platform including social media and the company website. Asana allowed me to save a lot of time and cost since our eight sub-centers are hundreds of miles apart, and I was able to juggle different tasks such as supervising contract graphic designers, reviewing sales reports for sales staff and even running various meetings with the help of the Zoom platform During the pandemic, unlike many companies, our company's performance never declined because we were used to working across Asana before the Covid pandemic and in great coordination, so we were fully prepared to deal with such a situation. With the exception of some minor modifications, I see Asana as one of the most prominent platforms that provide the user with an integrated and exceptional experience in its category.

Pros

In fact, the most distinctive thing about Asana is its integration as an application, which allows it to have complete control over all aspects of your projects and even your personal life, arranging your priorities and organizing your time and work team as you see fit. The interface of the application is very beautiful and distinctive, easy to use, whether from the phone or the computer, a very consistent design and a very successful selection of colors, which creates visual comfort. Multiple options in organizing and categorizing your documents, enabling linking to websites and social networking sites and managing them through the platform is very useful for emerging businesses or even large organizations to save time and costs and ensure timely commitment in performing the required work. Asana's performance reports are really impressive, and allow you to monitor your performance and that of your team as a whole and easily diagnose and remedy problems if any exist.

Cons

In such applications, I really like that there is flexibility in controlling the background and modifying it to suit the tastes of users, and the point here is that the application allows the user to add pictures of his company or his work team or anything related to the user as a background to the application, this really enhances the sense of belonging to users I really hope that in the future Asana will devise a way to remind users of upcoming deadlines through automated phone calls, as email is often not useful in circumstances of heavy tasks and messages I also like to always remind the importance of direct linking with other business platforms such as delivery platforms, freelance, and others, in order to meet all the needs of users through the platform, and this will be by investing strongly in the development of suggestion and recommendation systems because it is really a necessary feature for this type of platforms

Reasons for switching to Asana

Organize meetings via video calls

César

Industry: Computer Hardware

A great productivity tool

Asana is the productivity tool I use with my small workgroup at school and it has never let me down, the productivity and efficiency of my group increased exponentially with the implementation of Asana. It is a very well-thought-out tool that meets everything you need; it works fast and accurately, and the interface is intuitive. It is great software to improve your productivity, either in a group or personally.

Pros

Asana is a great project manager, it has many tools that favor collaborative work. The task and time management in Asana is flawless, and the different ways to present your organization are great, whether it's a list, a task flow, or a calendar, whatever you use does the job. It is constantly evolving and updating software, so it can only get better. An important point in favor of Asana is the integration with third-party applications, such as Google Calendar or Notion, very few software have such a complete third-party integration. Overall, it's an excellent tool for productivity whether you're working in large or small groups.

Cons

Asana fulfills most of the functions that it promises, however, it would be nice if the free version is not so limited, mainly because in small workgroups this can be a compelling reason to give up using Asana. Also, when you first start using Asana, the learning curve can be a bit slow, but after a few days of using it, you get used to it.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana is much simpler and it is simpler in task and project management.

Asana is my choice

We use Asana to plan and manage online course developments at a private university.

Pros

Asana is fairly easy to learn and is effective for project management without getting too deep in the weeds of project management. Oh, you can get deep in the PM weeds if you prefer with Asana, but going deep isn't necessary for the product to work well.

Cons

I'd like to see better note-keeping and note-finding abilities. It's sometimes important to document conversations and occurrences that happen outside the digital realm.

Reasons for choosing Asana

We liked the customization ability, UX, and ease of use of Asana.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Jira was a terrible UX. I had used Asana in another job and thought it would be better for our purposes. Indeed, it is!

April 2022

The power of Kanban: meet Asana!

I’m pretty happy happy with Asana, it was a game changer when we started to work with third parties. The workflow management is impeccable. Since we’re working with people outside the company, is very important that everyone have the same decision-making power, and Asana provides that.

Pros

My company use Asana when working with partners, so we need a perfect software to integrate, communicate and delegate tasks with people outside the company, and Asana checks all the boxes. A calendar is provided to integrate with our mail and it is very easy to use, we use as an agenda, so everybody, including partners outside the company, knows what everyone should do and when they should do it. It has a nice mobile interface, which is very important to me as non-friendly technology user, I’ve never had any problems managing my team with my smartphone. The features provided are incredible, especially to integration with other programs.

Cons

It took a little bit of time to adapt to Asana, we use Trello for internal management, but Asana is way more complete when it comes to work with people outside your work environment. It lacks on notification customization, but this won’t affect on any level of management at all.

Reasons for switching to Asana

We use Trello for internal management, but Asana is more complete on features and integrations to work with people outside our work environment

Tracy

March 2022

Asana is the most important online tool I use for my Business.

I love the fact that I can manage my Branding and Website design clients along with my social media management clients all in one space. I very rarely get emails from my clients now and all communication and planning take place in Asana. This seems to save me a lot of time and energy and stops certain requests and tasks from getting lost in lengthy emails. Being able to keep track of tasks within big projects is SUCH a game-changer. My clients and I are always on the same page and can always see where we are within the project. For my social media management clients – having one space I can manage them all and see all their content calendars is a huge benefit. Using tasks to plan the month and each post – assign to my client for approval – then reassigned back to me to be posted has really streamlined my workflow.

Pros

The most impactful feature for me is the ability to create separate projects for each of my clients and customise the layout to suite their projects. I love the face that you can now switch between the board, calendar, and list view as I use each for certain projects. The board view is perfect for my Branding and Website design clients as we can see the whole project laid out. While the calendar view is fantastic for my social media marketing clients where I can view the months and what content to place where during the month. It is so simple to use that even my less tech-savvy clients can use it and end up incorporating it into their businesses. I love that I can easily integrate it with my Google Office too.

Cons

The thing I least enjoy about Asana is the pricing. Am unable to afford the paid version with the awesome extra features but I do make do with the free version.

Mehandi

Asana Review

I am handling my entire business on Asana from Team Management, Task Management, Project Management, Client Onboarding, Virtual Assistant Management to Payments tracking all is done in one platform.

Pros

Project Management, Team Management, Task Management/Tracking, Timer, Third Party Integration, Different views for a project. Very user-friendly interface and easy to use.

Cons

Some features like time-tracking which is available in the free veesiom of Clickup is in the paid version of Asana also there are other features im comparison to Clickup like Hiding of Projects from other team mates is in paid version of asana.

Reasons for choosing Asana

It is easy to use, setup and manage.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Trello was a bit complicated for me. not tjat much user friendly for my clients.

Dustin

February 2022

Collaboration Made Easy!

Asana can be used in multiple different ways. It is so easy to communicate directly with employees and clients directly from each project. Asana will keep you organized and it will keep you on track to meet deadlines that you might have. I use Asana for several different areas of our business. Asana solved our issue of having information in several different places. Asana has helped us stay organized and operate more efficiently.

Pros

Asana offers a wide range of features that will help, no matter what you use it for. I love how they are always adding new features and tools. This is a great platform for collaborating with colleges and clients. Asana can also integrate with apps that you use on a daily basis. Asana can be used in several different ways, and you can customize your view to fit the type of project you are working on.

Cons

If you are using Asana for very basic projects, there is not a whole lot to complain about. If you are using Asana for more complex situations, there can be a bit of a learning curve. For what I do, there are times when I need to copy or duplicate a section inside of a project. Currently, you can not do this inside of Asana and the section has to be duplicated manually.

Reasons for choosing Asana

We decided to use Asana because of the wide range of features that they offer. You can have one area of Asana that you can use for internal projects and a completely separate area where you are collaborating with clients. Asana also offers outstanding customer support and help documentation.

Showing 1 - 25 of 11,313 reviews