All HoneyBook Reviews

Time used: Unspecified

HoneyBook User Review

Christina

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

17hats was too hard to use and things were getting lost in their many nooks and crannies.

Response from HoneyBook

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

Replied September 2019

Matthew

August 2022

Best I've Used So Far

Overall it has been a Godsend. I am feeling much better about how I manage my business with Honeybook.

Pros

I love using Honeybook! I've tried a couple other CRM softwares, and this one is by far the easiest to deploy and keep me on track. It is logical and feels easy to use, which has kept me using it rather than reverting to inefficient paper tracking. The customer service has been great: always quick and friendly to answer questions and help me through something I didn't understand. I would highly recommend Honeybook to anyone.

Cons

The calendar sync is sometimes glitchy, but that could also be user error. One thing that would make it better would be an easy way to override when I am considered "busy" on my Google Calendar that syncs in. I'd also love to have SMS communication with my clients, but rumor has it they are working on this.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Zoho was just too confusing - I love that it's one big suite to manage Social, and Website, and Accounting, and CRM, and washes my windows...but it was overwhelming, and to have someone help me set it up would require an additional subscription. Studio Cloud was just clunky. I may not have given it enough effort, but it just wasn't quite there for me.

Austen

Industry: Computer Networking

One Stop Software for Command and Control

Two thumbs up is my overall experience. My suggestions for improvement are minor, and the value added to my business by HoneyBook is well worth the fees.

Pros

The more time I spend with HoneyBook, the more useful features I discover. The invoicing is super simple and straight forward. I like the data organizing for the invoices, which provides and easy platform for invoice management. Project organization with this software is very intuitive and user friendly. I really like how I can upload misc documents, training modules, and even correspondence with vendors/customers.

Cons

Would like to see an upgrade for sorting and filing, such as the option for "tags" on files. The invoicing system is very professional, but a little pricey. I would like to see the "cost" restructured.

HoneyBook customer review

Pros

it is easy to manage/schedule appointments with the help of HoneyBook without it being too hard to do

Cons

It may be difficult to manage multiple appointments at once so i would recommend using HoneyBook for small businesses (about 10 - 50 employees max)

Alicia

HoneyBook - One Stop Shop for New entreprenuers

Overall, I am willing to grow with the project since it has been so amazing so far!

Pros

I just love that everything that is needed for a online service business is there, The contact form right until the feedback request can be automated and processed.

Cons

I am not too crazy about not being able to have one client on multiple workflows and the calendar feature is not as robust.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

So much easier to use, that simple.

Ezekiel

May 2022

LocallyHost.Com use of HoneyBook

It enables us to create, send and manage contracts, invoicing and billing like no platform we have ever used

Pros

Easily sending out contracts and enabling the clients to sign them electronically

Cons

The cost of transitions when collecting online payments from clients

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

We used DocuSign for some time and stopped because HoneyBook provides significantly more value

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

We stopped using QuickBooks Online to send out invoices as we couldn't use it to sign documents electronically

Jane

January 2023

Looks amazing but only if you are in the USA or Canada!

I wish I could have done more but there was a major stumbling block

Pros

It was so easy to start setting up and I could have seen this being adopted quickly by all users as it works in the same way as other well known products.

Cons

There is no option to change from $ to £ and in the address format. This seems like such a small issues to change.

I didn't - I had to look for another option that worked in the UK

Mary

January 2023

Tons of features and options but overwhelming!

Honeybook is a quality program and great for those who already have an understanding of this type of software and have highly detailed processes already in mind or in place via another system. However for those starting out or with a less intricate client management process it is overwhelming to setup which is why I ended up looking for a different system.

Pros

I like the Honeybook has a range of features and can be used in several creative industries from photography, to floral design, wedding planning, web design etc.

Cons

The amount of time and understanding of the software and processes needed to create your leads management, project management, proposal, and booking pipelines is overwhelming sometimes alot is truly too much.

Bookwork made easy

I am a small business and need a streamlined easy-to-use system for invoicing, this is that system.

Pros

All the tools are easy to navigate, giving you a seamless invoicing system.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I dislike about thi ssoftware.

Bryttney

Easy and straightforward

Pros

I like that a portal is created for your guests/customers to log in and view contracts between us. They’re also able to view their account balance or amounts owed to the business.

Cons

I have no cons regarding this software at this time.

Cori

Industry: Photography

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

This is geared more towards photographers and that is hard to find something that works so well that is build for us

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

I switched because i was wasting time manually making contracts each time, and i was lacking in the workflow department. I was hardly booking because it wasn't a professional look before honeybook

Alyssa

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook! Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook. Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email reminder, that would be helpful. Pipedrive's CRM and sales pipeline does a really great job of showing urgent prospects to follow up with. I think it color-codes them too. Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not. The notes are also not displayed in a way that's very easy to read. It would be nice to add bullets, bold text, underline, etc. Pipedrive does a really great job of showing all of the email threads and notes between clients and multiple team members in their CRM. Also, the first time I sent an invoice, HoneyBook automatically included a place for gratuity/tip. I've now figured out how to turn that setting off, but I couldn't see that it was automatically included in my invoice ahead of time. With my business (and I think most), they will never need gratuity, so I think that's kind of an odd setting. Maybe instead of having to click and review the settings in the left side bar of invoices, there could be an extra prompt to review those settings before the user sends the proposal to their client.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

Price, ease of use, everything being in one place, support staff to help with onboarding, good UX and UI.

Flossie

Level up

It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

See above. It applies to all the potential products used

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

I did a trail run of both 17hats and Honeybook. Honeybook put my documents into the system and the customer service help to learn their system was stellar. It made me more confident that if I had trouble in the future, someone would answer.

Industry: Photography

HoneyBook is the right CRM for you!

I love HoneyBook. I have looked at switching just because I’m interested in seeing what else is available & how they compare, but I think my loyalty & the overall satisfaction with HoneyBook will keep me here!

Pros

HoneyBook just overall has so many great features that will help you run & maintain your business every day. During the onset of Covid & with so many of us experiencing cancellations & such, they were the only CRM I knew of that rolled out any help with legal documents to help you convey the right words to your clients to not only help you stay level headed & in charge of your business, but also helped your clients realize that cancelling should be a last resort & that we business owners are here for them! I am also a big fan of most all of the templates that they provide for you to help set your business up for success! Aaaand in the Winter, I love the little Snowman icon that sips hot cocoa & makes the computer screen be a wintery scene. Adorable! HoneyBook is very easy to use, & their customer service & tech departments are da bomb!

Cons

The only things I wish that HoneyBook would improve on the most would be trying different variations with the project pipeline, with adding more availability or being able to choose between pipelines for different project types, & working out some kinks with the scheduling system between what we intend for clients to see in availability & what they actually see; & for the client to be able to go in & change their selection of date & time immediately afterwards & up to half an hour later.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

The hype & the partnership to the Rising Tide Society.

Janelle