All Jolt Reviews

Aaron

Reviewed February 2018

Jolt transforms our workforce into an efficient well-oiled, agile machine

Massive operational efficiency.

PROS

Jolt has given us visibility into our day-to-day operations. It allows us to see where we exceed and where we fall short. Jolt provides the mechanism for operational efficiencies which can't be achieved with paper checklists. We love that we can organize every day in advance and ensure we're in compliance with food safety practices using checklists, food labels, and temperature probes. Jolt is our future manual for franchisees to perform their day-to-day operations.

CONS

Bluetooth label printers don't always connect but this is more of a hardware issue than Jolt's issue.

Traci

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Pretty good for the cost.

Overall, I am happy with the experience. There are some options that I would like to have added, but it is saving me some time.

PROS

The cost and the function that allows team members to edit their own punches. Huge time saver for me.

CONS

I would like to see integration of Paid Time Off / Vacation hours. We have a set schedule in our clinic, so the scheduling function is a little cumbersome. I understand this approach for restaurants or other types of businesses, but the ability to track / enter Paid time off would be very helpful. I also would like the report option to be different. I would like a report that gave daily, weekly and pay period totals per employee. I have to manually adjust the excel sheet to figure overtime hours.

Reasons for switching to Jolt

We had PayClock, but not the online version. It was connected to our local server. We did not want to spend the money per employee to move to the cloud version one our version was outdated.

Sarfaraz

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Streamline Your Workflows and Boost Productivity

Overall, using Jolt can be a positive experience for businesses looking to streamline their work processes and boost productivity. The platform's easy-to-use interface, improved collaboration and communication features, and customizable templates can help teams save time and achieve better results. However, like any technology solution, Jolt may have a learning curve for some users and may not be suitable for businesses with complex or specialized project management needs. Before investing in Jolt, it's important to thoroughly evaluate the benefits and drawbacks to ensure that it meets your specific requirements and expectations.

PROS

Jolt offers several benefits to businesses looking to streamline their work processes and boost productivity. Some of the key advantages of using Jolt include: Easy to use and intuitive interfaceImproved collaboration and communication between team membersReal-time tracking and reporting of tasks and projectsCustomizable templates and integrations with popular toolsEnhanced visibility into team performance and progress.By simplifying workflows and improving collaboration and communication, Jolt helps teams achieve better results in less time. Whether you're looking to manage small projects or large-scale initiatives, Jolt is a versatile and powerful solution that can help you meet your goals.

CONS

One potential drawback is that it may have a learning curve for users unfamiliar with project management tools. Additionally, the platform's features and capabilities may be limited for businesses with highly complex or specialized project management needs. Finally, some users may find the cost of Jolt to be a concern, especially for smaller or cost-conscious organizations. Before making a decision on whether Jolt is the right solution for your business, it's important to thoroughly evaluate the benefits and drawbacks to ensure that it meets your specific needs and requirements.

Thank you for taking the time to review Jolt, Sarfaraz! We appreciate your honest feedback and are glad to hear that you find Jolt to be an easy to use and intuitive solution. We understand that it may take some time for teams to get used to any new system, but we are committed to making that process as seamless as possible, and confident that once they do, Jolt will help them achieve better results every time.

Replied February 2023

Claudia

Sports, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A great resource for achieving your business goals.

Jolt makes it easy to create and manage tasks. The customer support is also very helpful and responsive, always answering any questions I have in a timely manner. I love the ability to assign tasks and set deadlines to team members, which makes for a much more organized workflow. I like that it allows Jolt to track progress and communicate with other members of the team. All in all, Jolt has been a great tool for managing projects and tasks.

PROS

Jolt is the perfect software for businesses that want to increase the efficiency of their operations. It provides a comprehensive suite of features that enable businesses to streamline their workflows, track data, and analyze performance. The software can be used to manage employee performance, track project progress, and automate processes. Additionally, it offers customizable reporting, analytics, and insights to help businesses make informed decisions. Jolt is easy to use, secure, and reliable, making it the perfect choice for businesses that want to take their operations to the next level.

CONS

It's a tedious process as software can be difficult to learn and require a significant amount of time and effort to become proficient.

Thank you so much for your review, Claudia! We strive to make our software as easy as possible for our customers to use. We are very happy that you have found success with Jolt and we look forward to continuing to help you and your business reach your goals.

Alyssa

Reviewed October 2022

Amazing for Restaurant Operations

We're using it for our three locations for three separate schedules and tons of checklists. We have multiple users every shift, every day using the software. I absolutely love the program and am continuing to take advantage of different features as we grow.

PROS

Pretty easy to use once you've gone through the training. The biggest pro for me compared to other softwares is the access to support all the time. It has been so helpful to be able to reach out to my contact for help and schedule calls for training--either for myself or other new team members. Another huge pro is how customizable the checklists are. I love how many different formats you can do. We've been able to customize it to our business model really well.We've also been using the Jolt sensors for all our freezers, which has literally been a savior time and time again! It's so easy to use and I love the reports you can access so you can catch a failing freezer before it's too late.

CONS

I wish we could customize our scheduling platform more to cater to our business.

Reason for choosing Jolt

So many people recommended it to us in the ice cream industry, and after all our demo calls, we knew it was the solution to our needs!

Thank you so much for your review, Alyssa! We are so glad to hear that you find Jolt easy to use after the training, and that our support team has been so helpful. We are also thrilled that you have been able to customize Jolt to your business model. Thank you for your feedback!

Melissa

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Jolt Review

First time using it at this job and the team is enjoying it here. Easier for everyone to see their schedule and ask for time off, also keeping the team on track with the different task they have.

PROS

The list is great for keeping the team on task. You can assign tasks to different roles for the team. The reporting is helpful to holding everyone accountable. The schedule is real time, easier for the team to see the updated schedule .

CONS

Only say the log in sometimes has to refresh before you can get into the app

Reason for choosing Jolt

I have used Jolt at 2 of my other jobs and wanted to implement at my new job.

Hi Melissa, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Replied August 2022

Steven

Reviewed October 2022

Save a ton of money

My experience has been excellent. the staff goes far and above.

PROS

Live time cooling monitoring Last night before closing I got a warning that the UT Wing Cooler was running warm, I was able to have the guys move 10 cases of chicken wings out of this cooler before they left. In the morning the wing cooler was not operational and we were able to save all that product. Thank you Jolt!

CONS

I wish it was integrated into more of our software

Reason for choosing Jolt

More features and better pricing

Thank you for your review, Steven! We are delighted to hear that you have had an excellent experience with Jolt and that our staff has gone above and beyond to help you. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Jolt!

Julie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

It doesn't Jolt, it can be slow

PROS

It's fairly simple, bare bones software but it helps with task tracking and holding employees accountable.

CONS

Sometimes it can be slow or glitchy and lists wont pop up. It takes a bunch of logging in and out to get it going.

Thank you for your review, Julie! We're sorry to hear that your experience with Jolt can be a little slow. We are committed to ensuring that our users have the best possible experience and will do our best to improve performance. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to making Jolt the best it can be!

Claire

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Jolt Helps Manage Teams Remotely

Fantastic. During the pandemic we cancelled JOLT because of expenses and we decided to go back because we did in fact really need it. Daniel Orjuela is our rep and he's the best! I really like the fact that he worked in the industry and understands what we do.

PROS

The checklists are so easy for team to use and for me to manage remotely.

CONS

Set-up is hard for someone who is not technical but staff helps.

Hi Claire, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Rusty

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Love the multiple uses

Overall we have had an excellent experience

PROS

We love the multiple ways we can use Jolt to effectively operate our business

CONS

Currently, multiple apps that need to be streamlined into one

Hi Rusty, Thank you for your review for Jolt! We're so pleased to hear that you have had an excellent experience with our product and the ways it has helped to effectively operate your business. We value your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of Jolt! Sincerely, The Jolt Team

Brittani

Reviewed February 2020

Fantastic- when it works.

Jolt has greatly improved our food scores since we began using it. It has gotten our team members in the habit of labelling everything because it is easy-to-use and has all pertinent information readily available. The issue is getting technical problems resolved in an appropriate manner; our printer has been unusable for a total of over 2 months out of the 10 months which we have had it.

PROS

The label feature for all food products has really helped us to drastically increase our food safety scores by clearly indicating when a particular product must be used by. We no longer have to mentally recall the hundreds of various hold times we have for all of our products and their ingredients, because all of that information is easily stored in the Jolt system and prints out with the touch of a button. The labels are also much higher quality than other sticker systems we have tried in the past, making dish washing much easier because they are removed easily with zero sticky residue.

CONS

The software, in our experience, is offline often. We contacted Customer Service multiple times to try to correct the issue but were instructed that we may need to send the entire printer back to be serviced and that we would get it back after the repair was complete in 2-3 months. The printer system is pricey to begin with, so it did not seem like an appropriate solution to be without what we were paying for, for multiple months. We also have issues with the calibration lining up with the stickers perfectly, but have discovered that if you gently pull on each sticker before printing it will line up more accurately.

Denise

Reviewed January 2018

Not quite perfect but support is excellent and they take on board suggestions for changes

PROS

The scheduling side is excellent. Easy to use from both our employees point of view and payroll. Great record keeping. The list creation is sometimes a little confusing but support is always quick to respond and very helpful. The lists are a great tool for staff and we have found that being able to adjust them as needed to get the best result from the staff members actually responsible for completing the lists is pretty easy. We supply and sell food onsite to our guests which brings with it all sorts of food hygiene expectations from local government and a large amount of record keeping for this. The lists we have developed allow us to complete all requirements on Jolt with easy access when needing to audit the results. All staff find completing them easy. Auditing the correct completion of the lists by staff is also simple. This leads to higher compliance and can also be used as a performance tool with staff management.

Jon

Reviewed March 2017

Jolt is a NO BRAINER for serious restaurateurs

Before Jolt we were using those ancient relics known as paper checklists. Accountability for completing those checklists was a constant battle. We were literally throwing money in the trash when checklist items were missed or ignored. NOT ANYMORE. Not only does Jolt provide superb accountability and reduce pencil-whipping to a bare minimum. The team members love it! Nobody wants to work in a restaurant that's living in the past with outdated paper checklists. Their are too many great features within Jolt to rave about every single one of them. (and they constantly add new features and functionality.) But I can tell you that we save WAY more money than the minimal cost of this program. Productivity is up, accountability is up, cleanliness is up, morale is up and profits are up! The product date labeling feature in Jolt is worth the cost on its own. Do yourself a favor and take the time for a demo on the program and see for yourself. If you aren't on Jolt, chances are your competitors are and you do NOT want them to have this competitive over you. I just can't say enough about how much I love Jolt!

PROS

The ability to measure our success or failure and the ability to hold people accountable down to the minute and second an item was completed.

CONS

You will "nerd out" and want to do nothing but write Jolt checklists all day long.

Scott

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Allows me to successfully operate multiple stores without having to be in every store, every day.

PROS

Jolt gives me time back everyday, by allowing me to easily review each checklist from my computer, no matter where I am at. This ensures critical maintenance tasks are being completed on a daily basis, saving both time and money on potential costly repairs. The list feature, helps me confirm temperature logs are being completed, the ice machine is being cleaned routinely, and much, much more. I use the list feature to ensure deposits are being made daily, I can see the deposit receipts stapled to the end of day summary's without having to be at each store. My employees love the labeling machine! The labeling machine saves time and money, by offering a consistent, streamlined labeling process. Receiving orders takes much less time. Previously we were manually filling out labels, which took up to 20-30 minutes, two times a week. With the Jolt labeling we don't have to worry about incorrect dating, or wondering who labeled something. We go through a lot less labels as well.

CONS

I would like to see the schedule linked to the lists. Besides that, Jolt has been a great products and given me back so much time, and less worrying about something getting done.

Caprinia