All ProWorkflow Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

PWF user for years

Dave

Industry: Graphic Design

Pays for itself many times over

So much easier to make sure all time is billed. I love when myself and staff can fill a solid day with tracked time — lets me know nothing has been left on the table before billing. Capturing all of the time we spend on projects pays for the monthly PWF licence many times over. We are simply more profitable with this tool.

Pros

Ability to organize projects any time from anywhere and delegate tasks effectively.

Cons

Xero integration could be improved. It's not possible to make any changes to an invoice after it is sent to Xero. It would also be great to be able to categorize line items into Xero's revenue accounts directly from PWF. Also, I find it takes too long to just add a quick task to a project while on the phone with a client — I always end up keeping notes in a text file because it's faster/easier, and then creating tasks in PWF later when I have more time.

Leah

Out of the Box Solution for Creatives

Favorite things: Job numbers, Messaging, Custom task templates, expense and notes feature. Private notes feature.

Pros

I've been using ProWorkflow for over a decade. The time tracking, custom task templates, messaging and client interface make it a critical part of my business. The few times I have had to contact customer service they have been responsive and exceptionally helpful. ProWorkflow is the administrative backbone of my business. At a glance I can see where a project is, how much time has been spent on it, what tasks have been completed and which ones are outstanding. I can add documents, notes and information specific to each project. When a project completes, it is archived and very easy to pull up should I ever need to reference it again. If you are looking to for a way to EASILY manage your projects and workflow - this is the software for you.

Cons

I dislike the fact that contractors cannot track time in the software. So if I have 10 contractors I use, I have to buy full account access for each of them, even though they may only use the software 2-6 times a year. This has always been my biggest complaint. Add time tracking to the contractor designation and charge 1/2 of the employee rate.

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

Project numbering, project archive, custom task templates, detailed time tracking and reporting.

Robert

Industry: Research

A solid platform for the money

The experience has been fine but not great. I can't say it has done a lot to make our processes better outside of having job numbers that people can track to. That said, it hasn't been bad enough to change platforms and the team really relies on it.

Pros

We evaluated a lot of platforms and ultimately selected ProWorkFlow. We have been with the platform for over five years so it has worked solidly enough to continue on with it. It's functionality covers the basics and yet has some customization built into it. The best feature is the search function for finding archived projects. The support team is excellent.

Cons

ProWorkFlow has been really slow to roll out new features. In many ways it feels like the platform was left behind by other more progressive platforms. The two biggest cons of the platform is that it is difficult for people to enter time sheets - ProWorkFlow has tried to provide lots of options for doing so but in the end it is overwhelming for employees to find a specific project and a specific task and then log their time. The second issue is that once you build schedules you can't export them in a client ready/friendly version with certain tasks hidden and all of it formatted nicely. We find ourselves rebuilding schedules in Excel for every project.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Keeps Management Simple

Proworkflow has allowed me to grow my business to where I am now. Scheduling was predictable and I always had flexibity to shift my schedule around on the fly without a lot of pain. The work flow from quote to projects to invoicing has been seemless.

Pros

Proworkflow requires minimal effort to stay on top of your business. I think the importance of this gets overlooked too often. Setting Quotes and invoices are minutes at most, and setting projects and adding tasks can be done on the fly with little investment of your time. You can see the impact on resources scheduling before you even finish setting up your planning your tasks. I don't have enough words how valuable of a tool this has been without scrambling our brains to operate.

Cons

If you need a more sophisticated system for proposals and invoices Proworkflow is not there. It will give you just enough flexibility to customize a quote and send your invoices to quickbooks/Xero directly from a quote or proposal. But if you need quote/proposal templates for multi page terms and conditions, and percentage invoicing or progress billing, be prepared to do these manually.

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

Proworkflow had the least amount of on-boarding required while having the most features. Their support team was great at teaching us how to use it, at no cost.

Reasons for switching to ProWorkflow

Bqe had too many steps to start a project for our fast paced architectural busoness. We are a small firm, so we will not have a full time person dedicated to managing the system. We just needed to take changes that are thrown our way and get it into the project management system fast and capture all the time, and progress. Quotes should be able to get done in minutes to get a small project signed off on.

Industry: Graphic Design

Invaluable tool for our business, we love it!

We work with PWF multiple times a day, every day. We have seen continued commitment to always making the product better. We rely (without worry) on this tool, and it helps us manage and grow our business

Pros

Simple but robust, does everything we need from time tracking, project/task management and assignment to invoicing

Cons

Might not have been the coolest looking option to start with but has gotten steadily better, but regardless, the functionality is the key and it doesn't disappoint

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

We considered MANY options but in the end it was an easy choice, PWF has been a true asset to our company and I hate to think where we would be without it

Reasons for switching to ProWorkflow

FunctionPoint was expensive and didn't focus on the things that were important to our company

Zsolt

Industry: Printing

Customisable perfection

PWF is the most important management tool in our company.

Pros

I've been a subscriber since 2011. In the last years the number of new functions skyrocketed. I love that we can add custom fields, it is really helpful. I am also happy with the quote and invoice module, the Xero integration is crucial for us. I can't imagine my company without PWF.

Cons

Possible improvements: - direct email import to projects - a bit more fancy Fixed Cost Items list editor - thumbnails for the pictures

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

I like the Project Page in PWF. And the Custom Fields.

Reasons for switching to ProWorkflow

I needed a more professional cloud-based service.

Melanie

Industry: Market Research

PWF Review

We love it. I did a lot of research and believe it is the best project management tool out there. You just need to accept that you need to adjust your processes and workflow to use the tool optimally

Pros

Task management, organization and the collaboration piece are what I like most. Also we were able to successfully integrate the tool with Salesforce

Cons

The UI good be improved to have a bit more professional feel.

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

the ability to integrate with salesforce was more feasible with PWF

Julie

Industry: Graphic Design

The only project management tool you'll ned!

Pros

I love the ability to customize my clients schedules

Cons

I wish I had more automation options for emailing and followups so ensure nothing gets missed.

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

ProWorkFlow is an excellent project management tool and extremely easy to use. I am able to customize the tools to best fit my needs. Customer service is also great and always willing to help with any questions!

Jonathan

Industry: Publishing

A decent project management software

I'm the marketing director for my company and proworkflow has helped my small marketing team stay on track. I have 3 licenses for this. So for the money, PWF delivers a good amount!

Pros

It gives you the ability to get pretty detailed on your tasks if you want to. It allows you to see all the projects next to their due date on one screen. Tasks can be arranged with specific headings so that tasks can be grouped in separate categories all within one project.

Cons

The mobile app felt useless to me (granted, the last time I tried was over a year ago). The app only allowed you to see tasks that you're specifically assigned to in a project. This doesn't help the manager of a department who needs to see the status of all projects. The software as a whole is not intuitive. Once you've spent time playing around with PWF and creating many projects you have a better grasp of the core functionality, but I feel it takes too long to get to that point.

Jordan

Couldn't do business without it

We have found that with PWF we are.more efficient, more accountable, and have more time to care for our clients.

Pros

We've transitioned into using PWF as just information tracking to full customer profiles, work flow, time tracking, and complete information hub. Every time we've called and asked for slight changes to the software they've responded in remarkable timelines. Recommend this for medium to large businesses with lots of information to keep tracked, accessible and organized. Great way to communicate too.

Cons

There could be an app instead of just a mobile site, and with such allow messaging to operate outside of email as an app for staff and clients alike. Also, I think some of the API integration could be a little more robust for a smoother user experience for those users trying to use PWF to it's full capacity.

The best software we didn't write for our business

We carry out consultancy assignments in the energy and environmental sector with a heavy bias towards the engineering expertise which our consultants have. We are able to set up , cost and implement projects through to final invoice on PWF for all our multiple clients. Our teams are built per assignment which allows us to use to take full advantage of the communication and file-sharing tools that PWF provides; its integration with Dropbox makes life easy. Whenever we prepare large tenders, we prepare our draft project plan for clients using PWF.

Pros

Proworkflow is wonderful!. When our business was expanding we needed software to manage our workflow, invoicing, project management and so much more and we needed to move out of the spreadsheet nightmare. We carried out a thorough search of products that integrated with Xero, our online accounts and then we did a live comparison and we could find no fault with PWF. We adopted and have used it ever since and we are completely organised as a result. We also are able to scale up or business effortlessly.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything right now that I don't like about PWF

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

It supplied our needs better

Georgia

Powerful, Genius, Highly Tailored!

Pros

ProWorkflow is a big secret that people don't know about. I have seen it all, and I have tried it all- You name the tool, and I've seen it. I have been continuously looking for the exact thing that would work for my situation, making me a national expert on what other tools are out there and ProWorkflow does the job! What's great is that no one else has been able to steal this- ProWorkflow is genius - I understand that the first 30 days takes learning and I was committed to being a power user and thought it was amazing that someone would call me! The CEO himself as well! His dream and vision are clear, and it takes a particular kind of person to create this. My clients love the reports and how instantaneous it is. I tell my clients about ProWorkflow and when they into the tool and see what it's all about they go "what! this is couture software but at Walmart prices!! ProWorkflow is like my car- I know it's going to be there when I need it and work when I get in the car. ProWorkflow is powerful! The folks that thought this up - are geniuses and this goes back to one thing, the customer experience, and research and this is what the CEO did. He created ProWorkflow from the experience from the customer of the customer.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you Georgia!

Replied May 2018

August 2016

So Far - Really Good.

Work are a growing, highly productive print studio / communications department that services both internal clients in our large organisation and many external clients. It is hard to find a Production Management System that is 'one size fits all'. But, for the most part, ProWorkflow is very diverse and adaptable. After researching and comparing ProWorkflow with other PMS's, this was the most comprehensive and adaptable to our needs. We implemented ProWorkflow about 1 month ago and have not looked back. With the ease of an all-in-one space for us and our clients to lodge jobs and interact with projects and accounts, tracking, quotes and invoices and CRM. It makes our very heavy work load so much more manageable and accurate. Nothing can fall into the cracks of our frantically busy schedule and be missed with all deadline tracked. Clients no longer have a long delay to be invoiced via combersome manual processes between us and our accounts department, as this is now all integrated as part on our professional work flow using this system. Over all, it has fixed a lot of work flow issues for our very time poor, small team. The support is great. The training, general customer service and support, and follow up (yes - actual follow up) well surpasses my expectation of online software - in fact any interaction I can think of to do with software or online service. They are always taking on board my input to better the software to make it more flexible and adaptable as best they can, and are often updating and bettering the system. So far - really good.

Pros

- Comprehensive, adaptable all-in-one PMS. - Easy and quick to use. - Great Support.

Cons

- Lack of integration between project / project request data and quote/invoice data. - Unable to have multiple companies for the one contact.

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks Daniel! We appreciate the review ;-)

Replied August 2016

Dustin

Choosing To Use ProWorkFlow Was A No-Brainer!

I chose ProWorkFlow when I was with a previous company. I knew when I started my own company that THIS was going to be the software I was going to use. No doubt in my mind.

Pros

ProWorkFlow keeps me organized. It helps me to track the progress of a project and the time spent on that project.

Cons

I don't really have anything that I don't like. I feel like there is so much functionality that it can do that I don't utilize. I wish I knew more about how the product works. Maybe offer some more tutorials?

Reasons for choosing ProWorkflow

I've used it before and the ease of use.

Georgina