All SurveyMonkey Apply Reviews

Ina

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Greatest service for surveys!

SurveyMonkey Apply has helped us get a clear picture of our customers' thoughts and goals on how to make their lives happier. SurveyMonkey Apply has helped us onboard clients quicker, shorten the time for analysis of surveys for even better decision making!

PROS

I have always loved giving people the opportunity to provide feedback. With the Survey Monkey Apply software, things feel so easy. I don't have to worry about sending out those long survey links anymore and I don't feel like any of my responses are wasted. It makes for a very fulfilling review process for both the people being surveyed and for me as well!

CONS

We didn't find any cons for SurveyMonkey!!!

Hector

Performing Arts, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2021

The Best Software You Didn't Know You Needed

My overall experience has been exceptional. I cannot imagine doing the work I do without having SurveyMonkey Apply. It has become a staple of my work life and also of my applicants. They are now quite comfortable with it and most application periods have very few issues; certainly none we can't resolve. I hope to keep using it for many years.

PROS

Above all, I love the customer service. All issues are resolved quickly. In addition, the software is easy to use for all users: applicants, reviewers, administrators. COVID-19 restrictions forced everything online. Applications and reviews were always online only, but now we have the contract with digital signatures, approvals and signatures with Finance Dept, Contract acceptance, and the grant report all online as well. It has been a life saver.

CONS

If an applicant has used the software in previous years for any of my programs, all important information should auto-fill on the new application. (Name, Org, Address, Phone, Email, EIN, etc.). If a program is built in the SANDBOX, once I am finished I should be able to transfer it to the live site, instead of having to rebuild it. There should be a way to override the need to have a verified email.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey Apply

SurveyMonkey Apply was affordable, could handle the number of applications I expected to receive, and seemed like a software that I could "grow into". In other words, I realized there was much more to this software than I could see at that time but that I would begin to use as time went by. That has proven to be absolutely true and I have amplified its use in my organization by involving other colleagues and departments, who are all very happy with it.

Streamlining Application Management with SurveyMonkey Apply

SurveyMonkey Apply is a reliable and effective solution for organizations looking to streamline their application management process and improve collaboration among team members.

PROS

The activity tracking and reporting features in SurveyMonkey Apply provide users with valuable insights into the application process, helping them to make informed decisions quickly and effectively. The ability to add comments and notes to applications also facilitates communication and collaboration among team members, improving the quality of the review process.

CONS

Limited customization options for the platform's visual design. While the software does allow for some customization of application forms and branding, users have noted that the design options can be somewhat limited compared to other application management systems.

Frederick

Reviewed July 2018

SurveyMonkey Apply (SMA, formerly FluidReview) has a Draconian refund policy: No refunds allowed!

PROS

There's really nothing we liked about SMA because we never got as far as being able to use the software for our grants program. During the implementation process, it became clear that there are several significant flaws in the structure of SMA. As an example, SMA/FluidReview was developed for the Canadian market. As such, the organization information form (which cannot be changed) asks for CITY and PROVINCE. There are no fields for the US market such as STATE and ZIP CODE. Yes, you can add custom fields for STATE and ZIP CODE; however, these fields will appear at the end of the form away from the rest of the address information. And adding custom fields does not remove the PROVINCE field. The implementation person we worked with suggested that we ask for a US-style address on our grant application form, thus duplicating data entry. Using work-around solutions (kludges) was the order of the day. As another example, formatting for the budget form that was created for us was chaotic and confusing. Some number fields had one decimal place, others none (and not the two decimal places we were expecting). Some fields had a US dollar symbol; others did not. Again, we were told that SMA/FluidReview was developed with French formatting conventions in mind. Early on we did not see any way SMA would produce an elegant, easy to navigate solution designed for use in the US. It was at this point that we encountered the aforementioned refund policy.

CONS

The implementation process did not go smoothly for us. We were asked questions about our current grants program, which is rather simple: we use one web form hosted by Formstack. The implementation person intended to simply replicate our current grants program. This made no sense to me. We were never given the opportunity to understand what features SMA could bring to our grants process. I'm not sure how this type of implementation process would work for a foundation that is just getting started or is using an informal paper-based process. These implementation questions would be overwhelming. The biggest problem with SMA (and other similar grants software packages) is the amount of time and training expected of an administrator. These grants software packages expect that there will be one person within a foundation whose responsibility it is to administer the software. During the implementation process, it became very clear that SMA expects that administrators would devote significant time to not only training but also administrative duties. Sadly, there is no structured training program, no technical manual. So, training would be catch-as-catch can (a video here, an article there). Without someone on the foundation payroll who has a high degree of technology knowledge, SMA would be a very tough go for small foundations with few to no staff. Before you commit to SMA/FluidReview, make sure you have an administrator with a high degree of technological knowledge (and patience).

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We would like to apologize that your experience has not met your expectations. We are always looking to improve and your feedback is critical to that. We would like the opportunity to address the concerns you¿ve raised as there may be a misunderstanding on the some functionality. For example, organizational profile is country agnostic and can be configured to align with the United States, Canada and other countries. We have users from around the world, and they can submit their address in any format. We will reach out to you directly to discuss further. We aim to ensure that all of our administrators feel supported and trained with the solution. We understand that learning a new software can be challenging and have built a comprehensive database of training videos and articles for our administrators. We also offer one on one training if you prefer this option. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you.

Replied August 2018

Beth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2020

Great service from Engineers, not so much from Sales or Management.

The Positive: 1. The engineer who managed and implemented out buildout was AMAZING. He was a pleasure to work with, super friendly, knowledgeable and down to earth. I would completely trust him to do work for us in the future. 2. Because of Covid, they gave us a 6 month grace period for payment, because we would not be able to use the site as intended. 3. Engineer tossed in extra training for us, because of the negative sales experience that follows. The Negative: 1. Our initial experience with the first SMA sales contact was less positive of an experience. Our first contact, upon hearing of our needs insisted that we needed two sites to manage our work load. This was confirmed by the second sales manager for further conversations on our needs. However, upon working with the engineer to implement the site, he was suprised by that and felt that we didn't need two sites. Once we were actually able to see the SMA environment and how things could be built out, we confirmed this. We (meaning my org and the SMA engineer) reached back out to sales to re-work the contract, as we felt we were mislead in our needs assessment and signed a contract for more services (and $$$) than what was needed. "Upper Management" would not allow a refund for what we wouldn't be using. However, the sales manager tossed in the translation feature to replace the extra site we wouldn't be using. This was a compromise and had we not taken it, we'd be paying for services that we did not need.

PROS

For our organization, having the translation feature for Spanish is incredibly helpful, ability to automate most of our admin work and systemetize the work flow. Has a professional look without having to know CSS. Working with the Implementation Engineer was great.

CONS

Translations only go so far. For automated emails, they don't automatically translate like the rest of the application does. However, I am not sure that this is anything that SMA can adjust, as their emails being sent out of the application system and not housed internally on the application site when people apply. Once you learn how to use that platform, it's pretty straight forward, but there is a learning curve. The user interface is not intuitive, so you need to learn how things are stored and where/why. My feeling is you need someone with moderate to advanced tech experience to manage the system and support those within your team, as those who are not tech savvy will encounter difficulties. You don't get to test out anything until you have a signed contract. This makes it really difficult to do a proper needs assessment for the platform and negatively influenced our sales experience, as we had to go with what we were told by sales and not allowed to test the platform and see what we needed before hand. Once we worked with the engineer, he gave access to a test site, which was VERY beneficial and helped us realize that the sales team had sold us services we did not need. This was not discovered until after a contract had been signed, which created a lot of frustration and continued negotiation with sales and upper management. All of this could have been avoided if we were able to test out the platform initially.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey Apply

regpack was not as customizable as we needed.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey Apply

Did not meet our needs. Automations needed more sophistication and functionality. We also needed a more professional look and a platform that supported needed systems upgrades.

Reviewed July 2021

SurveyMonkey is via way of means a long way one of the finest survey software programs around.

SurveyMonkey The reporting could be very easy to use, read, examine, or maybe defloration to the extent you want. The response time could be very good, the survey settings and the improvement bar are convenient. Very speedy and easy to view insight.

PROS

I have lots to mention approximately this one. I love how clean it's miles to navigate and create surveys. The present templates are brilliant and complete with issue count expertise. The branding alternatives, the special widgets, and the alternatives to feature multimedia make survey advent very simple.

CONS

There isn't always a great deal I dislike regards to this utility SurveyMonkey, however, there's one subject matter I need to talk of that's the number of questions they ask you for an easy assessment for simply one enterprise desire they could make it shorter for the ones who've to check an enterprise.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey Apply

SurveyMonkey is extraordinarily smooth to use, a short manner to collect responses from a massive population, and so helpful.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2021

Emerging workflow management tool for modern usage purposes

A quick plug and play tool. No complaints.

PROS

Simple, intuitive and provide all needed workflow tools, collaborations channel to improve productivity

CONS

Little room for customisation or personalisation of the software to fit organizational culture or specific needs.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey Apply

Easy identification of surveymonkey brand name

Ivy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2023

Good software

PROS

I like how the features help me to be more efficient.

CONS

There is nothing I would change at this time.

Marcellus

Photography, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

SurveyMonkey Review

PROS

So many features to play with to set up surveys and polls to garner total feedback for business is great!

CONS

A turn off is you may have to buy a membership to access all great features to maximize your full potential.

Jessica

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Good

PROS

I use it to do surveys for company’s it’s easy to use

CONS

I have only used it for surveys for company’s

Beth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

PROS

This software is adaptable for our purposes. We were processing grant applications using paper before, and this software was able to covert that same application to an online process for the applicant.

CONS

Features that we would like to see are automations prompting administrators when applications have been idle for a time period that we set and reports that can be generated using all fields of data we collect.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey Apply

We did not consider GovGrants when we purchased SurveyMonkey Apply. However, we use them when applying for funds ourselves. Their system is cumbersome, forces our grantor to modify its process to meet their software, and will not allow grantees to submit multiple reports if the first report filed has not had a decision rendered. While that may be the grantor's policy, the software does not seem to be adaptable enough to handle it, at least from the grantee's perspective.

Robert

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed September 2022

Good survey platform

Overall my experience with the software is good. I liked the easiness of it.

PROS

It was really easy to create and manage surveys. The platform also helps in the questions and data management creation phase.

CONS

The software could add extra features for the analysis of the survey data. More metrics and charts and methods of data visualization would be needed.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey Apply

Because I wanted to try another way of creating surveys.

Brenda

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Ease of use

Excellent. We transitioned this summer from fluid review to Survey Monkey. It was easy for the onboard specialist to fit all of our application process into Survey Monkey. Also we received training on the new system.

PROS

I like the ease of use. Applicants are really responding to our system. I am assuming they are finding the process easy and quick to use. The best part of Survey Monkey is the tech support I receive. They do an excellent job of walking me through my problems and help me troubleshoot any issues that arrive.

CONS

I don't like that I have to send separate emails from several pages or I have not figured out how to send to all. For example: I needed to send 81 emails today. One page shows 50 and then I have to go to the next page.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. It¿s great to hear that you find the solution easy to use and that applicants are responding well to the system. Your comment about sending separate emails from several pages did catch my attention. I would love to connect with you to understand the emails you are sending in more detail and explore a solution to this pain point. I will follow-up via email. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback and we look forward to continuing our partnership.

Replied August 2018

Cynde

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Integrating from FluidReview to SurveyMonkey Apply

The customer service through SurveyMonkey Apply has been outstanding! Not only do the representatives walk you through the training, they also send you the instructions via email so you have access to them at any time.

PROS

We have been with Survey Monkey for several years and we integrated over to SM Apply last year. The thing I like most about SM Apply is the ability to maintain all of our previous information on scholars and being able to build on that over time. We were able to integrate everything over from FluidReview and us being a renewable scholarship that was very important.

CONS

The integration was not as easy as I had hoped for, however, it's a matter of retraining your thinking process in how the program works. Once I was able to work through the different processes I was able to work through it with no problem, it just took some time and patience.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey Apply

We integrated from FluidReview to SM Apply, same parent company.

Irene

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2021

SurveyMonkey helps get the Homeowners view

We have had a positive experience using SurveyMonkey to determine which projects to more forward with and which ones to pause. While the Board of Directors may feel that a specific project will be of benefit to our community, if the homeowners within that community don't agree, then we as management know which path to take. SurveyMonkey is easy to use and helps us take the "pulse" of the community quickly.

PROS

SurveyMonkey allows the HOA management team and Board of Directors to determine what issues are most pressing to the homeowner population in our 5500+ community. Since we are a large , diverse community it is hard to know what is on everyone's mind all the time. When planning a large project, such as expanding our recreational facilities or building new amenities, such as baseball fields or pickleball courts, we need to input of our community. Projects can cost from a $1K to over $500K so if we are going to spend the homeowners money on projects, we need to know it's the right projects. SurveyMonkey is so easy to use and allows us to create a quick survey or a more extensive survey and push it out to our entire community. It's the only way we know what our community is really concerned about.

CONS

Like any software, learning the little short cuts and tricks to making it work for you, is trial and error. We find it best if we have 1 staff member in charge of all the surveys regardless of topic. That way, we have our resident expert working in the software and we can accomplish more surveys quickly.

Sue

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Perfect application platform with superb Customer Service!

SurveyMonkey Apply enables us to increase the resources efficiency with customized application workflows. The real-time reports also help us with moving away from time-consuming and manual processes. Definitely recommend SurveyMonkey Apply and be sure to ask for a product demo, especially the integration with other platforms.

PROS

SurveyMonkey Apply makes the application process easy to use for our applicants. The review process is seamless for our internal team. The payment integration is clear for several of our customized programs across multiple sites. We were able to integrate with other platforms upon accepted applications too. Reports feature is wonderful. Customer Support is superb with fast turn around responses.

CONS

Updating the current fields for the form could be better. We were unable to remove the value from the middle of the field drop down so we ended up duplicating the fields with new drop down instead.