All Workato Reviews

Brad

An essential part of any business' systems

My company is a contracting business in the energy efficiency industry with 20+ employees and $2-3M in annual revenue. Workato has transformed how our business operates by enabling us to automate what once was time-consuming, error-prone manual processes. Using the automation of Workato recipes has enabled us to save money by getting more production out of the staff we have and prevented us from having to hire new employees or contractors as the company has grown. Those costs savings have greatly exceeded the cost of Workato.

Pros

The feature set and robustness of Workato is second to none. The breadth of customization that Workato allows in such a simple UI is truly remarkable and let's business operators without coding experience create complex integrations that would have cost us tens of thousands of dollars in custom development work. Workato blows other out-of-the-box integrations out of the water.

Cons

Getting our Workato recipes running with the level of detail and granularity of our business processes required a steep learning curve. The basics of the software are easy to learn, but learning how to use formulas and other more complex features required a good amount of trial and error. When errors occur withing recipes, debugging them can be challenging, particularly given that errors are most often returned by the API of one of the software that Workato is connected to rather than Workato itself.

August 2022

No-code integration on the fly

One scenario I use is Microsoft Teams. After microsoft teams courses, it send summary of meeting and materials shared in session to participants.

Pros

There is no need to knowlodge of coding. It is no-code integration platform. There are lots of education material and videos. So it is easy to learn and use Workato. Microsoft Teams and excel and email integration really useful.

Cons

It would be really nice and useful if it has an IOS app. Subscription prices can be more flexible for small businessed and personals.

Reasons for switching to Workato

Workato has more options and a good support team.

Has Potential to be Amazing!

I think Workato has great potential. It seems like their needs to be better guides and walkthroughs for each App integration.

Pros

The recipes allowed a huge assortment of customizations to the automated "bots". Workato also supports most of the popular apps like sheets, slack, smartsheet, jira, etc... It is great for us that have a developer background as we can make changes to the code to update recipes.

Cons

I had many issues getting the apps to connect properly so they could be used. It was not intuitive to figure out how to make a recipe as well.

November 2022

Cool Task automation application

I will continue to use it for now

Pros

I use this software to connect to our business. It meets our needs and I find it cool

Cons

Not having a free version is not a good thing

Blake

Great Product If You Know What You're Doing

As a consultant, I use Workato both in my own business and in multiple clients' accounts. I began using Workato because QuickBase promoted them as the preferred integrator when Intuit announced the sale of QuickBase. While they have a large number of pre-built connectors as well as the ability to setup HTTP calls, the process of building Recipes has an extreme learning curve, especially coming from a service like ItDuzzit. Additionally, the team often releases new or beta connectors without first having any supporting documentation, other than the connector's marketing page. Overall, they have a good product, but they seriously need to review their release process and the setup of their support portal.

Pros

Lots of pre-built connectors. Chat agents are generally very quick to respond.

Cons

Extreme learning curve - especially difficult if a user does not have any programming background. Support documentation is often lacking - especially for new connectors. When documentation is provided, the content is often very thin and is typically mostly text, with few reference images. Support portal provides no way to go back to your Recipe interface. Support Tickets can sometimes take 2 - 3 days for a response. Support Tickets have an internal "Priority", but no way for users to identify their own level of Urgency. From what I can tell, ALL tickets are given an initial Priority of "Low". Pricing / Plans lack any real sense of transparency. While the main pages tell users that Integrations are divided up into "Base" and "Professional" apps, you have to search through the Support Portal documents in order to find any comprehensive list of "Base" and "Professional" and there is no document that does a side-by-side comparison of the various Plans. And, if you look at the QuickBase plans, the apps are referred to as "Tier 1" and "Tier 2" vs "Base" or "Professional". Recipe logs only show information related to the last row of data processed. No way to see a "schedule" of active Recipe's.

Peter

Time used: Free Trial

Easy Integration

Powerful platform that enables integration with 3rd party services. I've used workato to parse large results too tedious to handle manually (e.g., 600+ records), as well as to interface with 3rd party services such as Onedrive.

Pros

-Intuitive development of recipes -Great support (the customer success team has been very helpful) -Easy to initiate help requests through the chat window

Cons

-Would be nice to have more API support built out for 3rd party applications (e.g., ability to create new directors in Onedrive) -Learning curve was initially steep, especially when trying to use HTTP Get/Post with 3rd party APIs -Lacks existing recipe examples that demonstrate the use cases I was trying to build out

Chirag

July 2022

Amazing Software for Business Automation

It's very effective software to increase your productions without more staff. All you need to integrate your app or project to automate your workflow process.

Pros

Too much features for all your needs in automation process. You only need to integrate your app for automation process.

Cons

Sometimes it provides some difficulties in integrations. Little bit costly for small businesses or companies.

September 2022

Amazing IPaaS for custom workflows

Pros

We're able to pilot and test new workflows, build upon them, then productize them as a service, which can be used by our consulting team.

Cons

Requests for adding new features(actions and triggers) to an existing Connector can be subject to their own priorities, and may not be addressed even with a substantial use-case.

Leo D

Great Product - Fantastic Customer Service

We were looking for product that would get us up and running quickly with an integration between SalesForce and Quickbooks. Bryant and Maria stepped us through the set up process immediately and had us up and running within 24 hours of first contact but most importantly they taught us how to create recipes for integration so as our needs grow we can do the work ourselves - an extremely flexible tool. As an added bonus Bryant and Maria showed us how we could use Workauto to develop work flows between a ton of Apps other than SalesForce and Quickbooks - as a start up this will be invaluable as we grow. Fantastic value for the money.

Pros

Customer support could not be beat. A joy to work with. We actually enjoyed the process and the product performs as promised. All software should be as good as Workauto.

Cemil

August 2022

Great choice

In general, it took me a long time to get used to it, after 1 week I used it at full capacity and it had a positive effect on our company costs.

Pros

We built quick integrations and our overall costs went down, we were satisfied enough.

Cons

The interface is messy, I think it should be made simpler with updates. Ease of use should be increased.

Andy

Reliable DIY Integration We Trust

Pros

We are in the construction contracting business with 100 employees. Our primary use case was to have Workato keep our Salesforce and Quickbooks Online CRM data in sync and eliminate time-consuming manual updates. After a 1 month trial and some minor recipe tweaking, we found that Workato simply outperformed all of the other integration solutions we tested in terms of reliability and real "hands free" automation. The community has a wealth of pre-made recipes available that you can customize to suit your needs. Everything from the use of data pills, to the documentation is very intuitive and user friendly. The customer support team has been extremely helpful and responsive to anything that has come up. Our account rep Bala went above and beyond to get our first recipes running. We now plan to expand our use of Workato to help automate other crusty business procedures. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for DIY integration that delivers true automation without needing to be a developer.

Cons

When evaluating whether Workato is the right product for you, I suggest taking a close look at the available triggers etc. for the specific integration you're seeking. What Workato can manipulate, it does so accurately and reliably. However the only limitations we've encountered are with what is actually exposed by the target software's API (Quickbooks Online etc). It also took some legwork to ensure that other automatic background processes aren't triggering Workato constantly and blowing through the transaction cap.

The tool I was looking for!

Pros

I'm a huge google fan but sometimes not everything was linked with other programs. Workato came to my rescue! Now almost seemlessly everything is synchronized. I no longer need to manually update several databases. Price is awesome for us non-profit. I shared with them some improvements, and there was some adjustments at the beginning but overall it is totally worth it!

Cons

Some tips could be shared when creating a specific recipe. for example; don't share your google sheet with too many people or the recipe won't work. Or Don't delete a line or the recipe will not work for the next registration,...

Jeff

Incredibly powerful Integrator

Pros

Super robust. Workato was able to replace other less fully featured integrators when it became necessary as our business grew. Nearly anything is possible if you know what you're doing!

Cons

Steep learning curve to understand how the integrations work. Basic stuff is simple, but gets complicated quickly if you need super customized robust integrations.

March 2022

Workato

Pros

Workato makes integrations and compliance easy.

Cons

The expense of the recipes. Even when reusing recipes, the cost of new integrations is sometimes prohibitive.

Russell

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Support Team and Product!

Pros

We were looking for an integration solution and Workato was great to work with during the process. I was given a free trial and a support person to work with as I tried out the product. I only felt support in my decsion making process and never any pressure to purchase. This sales strategy worked great for me! The recipe building process is very easy to learn without much "developing" experience. The "expert hour" webinars are invaluable to work out the details. Once I decided to go with Workato, I was assigned an expert to work with me to get set-up. The same person worked with me and was invaluable in helping me get going! Now it just runs in the background and everything is integrated, MAGIC!

Cons

The biggest challenge I have had working with Workato has been trying to figure out why an error has occurred.

Isabelle