All Microsoft Edge Reviews

PAUL

Information Technology and Services, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2022

Microsoft Edge is better than Google Chrome, yup I said it!

Richard

Machinery, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Microsoft Keeps improving their Flagship Browser

In the early days of Microsoft Edge the browser was notorious for being subpar, and it definitely deserved the reputation at the time. However, Microsoft has consistently and continually improved the browser over the years, and it is capable of rivaling Chrome or Firefox in its current incarnation.

PROS

A lot of the productivity features that Microsoft keeps adding to the browser really help to set it apart from some of the more reputable browsers available. For one thing, the collections feature is very useful if you are in need of a way to save sites for research purposes. Also, the reader view button helps to make a page that would otherwise be convoluted become easier to read and skim for information.

CONS

There are some services that Microsoft Edge still does not seem to be compatible with. For instance, when using mTurk, many of the offerings that are available insist on using Google Chrome browser, and simply will not work with Edge. These are relatively rare though, and not common enough to turn me off of the browser.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

I like the productivity features that Microsoft has implemented in recent months.

zoie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

I didn't think I would like Edge, but now it's my favorite browser.

Edge is my default browser! It is very easy to set up and customize to meet all of my browsing needs. It loads fast and maintains all of my data, bookmarks, and history across multiple devices without any problems. I'm also really liking the new features that Microsoft has added and look forward to how Edge will be innovated in the future.

PROS

There have been some great upgrades to Edge. My favorite which I can't live without is the left-side icons that open a window without leaving your main site page. I can continue to work and watch videos while checking my email, using the new AI features and web searching. It's a great multi-tasking feature. I'm also building my collections and using the split-screen feature a great deal. Edge has come a long way, and with every new upgrade, the features keep improving. I've set Edge as my default browser on ALL of my devices and everything is always synced perfectly.

CONS

The only negative was trying to import my bookmarks to Safari on my iPhone. It didn't work very well and the bookmarks got all mixed up. I solved the issue by downloading the Edge app for iPhone. Now my browser setup is perfectly synced across my devices and works great.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Edge was the default browser on my new laptop. I liked the look of the browser and the speed at which sites loaded so I gave it a try. It has been over 5 years now and Edge is the default browser on all of my devices. I wouldn't switch to any other browser at this point.

Torikul

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Microsoft Edge is good but I don't like it much personally because It wasn't enough for me

My overall experience is average but yes, this browser helps me a lot as an optional browser. Sometimes I feel the importance of Microsoft Edge because I often test websites from different browsers. This browser could be a good choice for those who use browsers for small needs. But a professional person or IT-Expert person will not like that browser because this software wasn't able to present itself as perfectly people want nowadays.

PROS

I like few things about this browser, using low memory of the CPU is one of them. It runs smoothly on the desktop even a low configuration PC can run it without any problem. I like how this browser manages tabs at the top, it allows me to check a tab preview in a good view. Another good thing is, it loads the web pages and sections on scroll smoothly with a little fade-in animation which is so satisfying. There is some common functionality this browser also has that I liked a lot but those features do not make Microsoft Edge unique, it's available on the other browsers in a more professional way.

CONS

The first thing is, I can't imagine that this browser is a different web browser software from Microsoft. When I use Microsoft Edge, It seems like I'm working with my Windows 10 settings. A browser should be unique, beautiful, and it should be developed with a special focus on users' requirements. There is no advanced type functionality on this browser whereas nowadays other browsers are well developed from all sides. User experience and user interface both are not at a satisfaction level as well as I don't feel comfortable using Inspect Element feature of this browser.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge wasn't able to fulfill all of my needs...

Mahmudul islam

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Microsoft edge is lite browser, quite god for my device

For my laptop , Microsoft edge is top choice, due to simple interface. Sometimes it takes little bit times to load but its acceptable. As a primary browser, it needs to improve extension store. I found it interesting for some tools like taking screenshot, natural reading mode.

PROS

Very fast and simple interface , helps me to use it with ease. Privacy and password saving option is very updated.In tab section, I can easily make tab group according to topic categories, which save my time to find relatable tabs.Immerse reader mode i found interesting , voice used in this section is more natural than others.Taking full page screen shot by only scrolling without help of external tools is very useful for me.

CONS

Main limitation I found it has less extension than other web browsers. loading time takes some time , it performs letter okey.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

For windows user its built-in browser, it improved than few years back.

Josh

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Tried Microsoft Edge and never went back!

Great, I would recommend this for anyone. Business or personal.

PROS

Microsoft Edge is honestly a very good browser. So much so that I left Google and brave to use it full time. The microsoft rewards program Insentives are amazing as well just for using edge and searching via their search engine every day. (and various other tasks to earn). Over all I don't think I could go back to any other browser. It has built in ad block, tracking prevention, and soon you can add more extensions (on android mobile, desktop already has extensions). The speed is great, I haven't had any problems at all. Highly recommend. Oh and did I mention the Copilot AI? It's built in the browser and can answer questions from your web page or just random things, generate images, and much more.

CONS

Lack of current extensions for the mobile app but that will no longer be an issue soon.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

The rewards program but I stayed because of the AI and I honestly really like the browser as a whole

Santiago

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

A student/developer's review from Edge

It has been a very useful browser, with features like tab hybernation to save resources, and having Bing Chat (copilot) as a very powerfull tool to make search using GPT-4

PROS

Edge is a very light browser, easy to use and it has the perfect features for customization.

CONS

Sometimes it is very insistent to change to default values from the browsers, mostly trying to set default search engnine.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Firefox was wasting a lot of resources from my pc.

Luis Humberto

Animation, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Microsoft edge one mid tier option

I really don't like edge.

PROS

Microsoft edge has a nice UI and feels nice if you are new in the internet, works decent and you can search anything, if you download anything you have a straight access to that file

CONS

I don't like the fact that comes when you install windows, is slow when searching.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

The other browsers are better in quality and speed

Francisco

Internet, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Not chrome but good one

Is a good alternative for chrome, faster

PROS

It feels lighter and faster than Chrome. Also good to visualise pdf

CONS

To much publicity and automated announcements

cristian

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

great browser

PROS

works with all my online work programs.

CONS

i don't like to use the default search engine

Joshua

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Pros and Cons of Edge

PROS

Tabs open just as I had closed them and bookmarks are easy to identify by their icons.

CONS

Because of one-time syncing with Chrome, tabs can show up in Edge that were not in their during the prior session.

Maaz

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge is very excellent replacement of Internet Explorer launched by Microsoft. Due to its good speed, and easy integration of other softwares, I do not feel the need of installing a separate web browser to my windows.

PROS

Microsoft Edge is a successful attempt by Microsoft Inc to replace its always complained about Internet Explorer with something worthy of its opponents like chrome, firefox etc. It has a sleak and intuitive design and a minimal interface which leaves enough screen space to users for browsing content. The home screen interface is lso customizable and you can select the screen of your type from options. It loads content faster due to its improved algorithms and low memory requirements. The private browsing mode is also very effective in evading cookies. Also it provies improved privacy due to its superb tracking prevention mechanism. Microsoft has worked a lot to integrate good playback tools in Edge. It also supports alot of third party software loke pdf reader, etc and work flawlessly with them. Along with its own plug-ins, it also support extensions offered in Chrome extensions store. Though its default search engine is bing but you can change it to Google easily.

CONS

Microsoft Edge has high system requirements, which means that it won't work on low end devices, but other than that I haven't encountered any hurdles while using it till now.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Because Edge is giving the same performance to say the least, so I find it better to go with windows own browser than a third party software.

Simarpreet Singh

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Performance improvement of Computer with Microsoft edge

Great experience. Highly recommended if you are facing performance issues with Chrome

PROS

- Does not consume a lot of RAM unlike chrome - Does not make my computer hang - Does not show page not responding mostly - Great collections feature for articles to lead - Great feature to deploy webpage as an application - Can open 100s of tabs without performance degradation - Great feature for across devices

CONS

- The chrome store does not work in edge sometimes - Some extensions do not work as expected - The save credentials feature for credit card is unintutive

Reason for choosing Microsoft Edge

Not everyone in my team has apple

High RAM usage by chrome - Computer slows down

Meylis

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Best browser out there!

Overall i’m very happy with this browser. I use it on work and personal laptops.

PROS

I was using Chrome for a long time. Then it started crashing and became too heavy. I tried Edge - and since then i’ve been using it. Edge is a better version of Chrome. No background processing like it is in Chrome, thus saving so much of processing power.

CONS

Sometimes Edge also becomes overwhelmed with load, but restarting it helps a lot to fix the issue.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Edge is muuch more faster than Chrome. Similarly how Chrome was faster than IE before. But Edge beats them all.

Sisila Jayamal

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Microsoft Edge is Ai powered, Easy browsing and highly compatible with the modern web sites

I use Microsoft Edge for my work and everyday browsing. It's easy to use and has all the newest features. I really like the sidebar because it helps me manage lots of tabs easily. This is very important to read pdf and edit them. These are the other important features in Microsoft Edge.

PROS

Edges provide fast and smooth browsing experience. Browsing history is very manageble and exportable if needed. Ai powered Search engine provide more pridictable results.

CONS

Ads blocking features not satisfied in Edge.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Unfriendly and complex user interface in Firefox.

shubham

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Great browser with amazing features

The overall experience is great and it have all the needed features which any browser needs and it's UI is just amazing and its beating chrome day by day and edge is a huge success for Microsoft ,

PROS

I like everything about edge , but the most impressive thing is its UI and the extra features which it provides as compared to google chrome .

CONS

The only thing I don't like about edge is its extension store because every time i need a extension , i need it to download from the chrome web store

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

The edge have many extra features by default , like their reward program , their amazing UI and the price tracker which shows if any coupons are available for that product

Hossam

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2021

Hossam's Review on Microsoft Edge

I would recommend using Edge & no need to install any other Web Browser, except if you need extra features like imbedded VPN inside the browser itself.

PROS

Edge is way much better than its predecessor (Internet Explorer), it doesn't consume much resources and easy to use, and the main advantage is that you don't need to download it, it comes with Windows, so no extra resources are needed, also the flexibility of selecting the default search engine based on your preferred one.

CONS

It is almost perfect, except that it is lacking some features which we could see in other developed web browsers such as imbedded VPN.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Edge

I'm using it side by side with other web browsers.

Reviewed March 2022

The Chrome Destroyer

Overall, it's the best browser one can get for Windows. Microsoft has really optimised the browser well for windows. Sure, there are some minor issues. But this is the best browser when compared to all others

PROS

I like the fact that edge uses a lot less ram and gives better battery life compared to other browsers. Also the editing tools for PDFs is very handy, I use them all the time. Sleeping tabs is another good feature

CONS

Memory management can be improved. Sure it does take less memory than other browsers like chrome. But it still takes up a lot of memory sometimes

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Chrome has become very slow on my laptop. I have to wait for 3-4 seconds sometimes for a google search to display. Chrome also takes a lot of memory , my laptop always get to 90% memory usage when I used chrome. Edge is a lot better. Its memory usage is fine and battery life has improved. It also supports all the features which chrome has.

Brandon

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

A Good Alternative to the Others

The experience has been satisfying. Using it intermittently with other browsers helps keep things running smoothly for me.

PROS

Edge is easy to navigate and very responsive. In my experience, the software can run websites easier than some that Safari struggles with. I intermittently use Edge with Safari, which helps keep things running smoothly.

CONS

I have not experienced anything worth mentioning that would cause me to dislike Edge.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Edge

Chrome does not run as efficiently as Edge does. Microsoft has outdone itself with this web browser.

Salim

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Good alternative from chrome

Microsoft Edge is a great choice for an online browser if you're facing performance issues with Chrome. It's fast, secure, and has a great experience. Plus, it's free to download and use

PROS

Microsoft Edge is the best browser for me. It is super fast, smooth, and easy to use. It has a great interface and makes using the internet simple and fun. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing browser that can keep up with the latest standards

CONS

Microsoft Edge has a great UI, but sometimes some things don't make sense. Specially I am also don't understand the bookmark area

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Edge

Chrome consumes lots of ram memory, mostly time hang & slows down the laptop

Prasath

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank