All Mindbody Reviews

Jeannie

Consumer Goods, 501 - 1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Has been great for our business

Emily

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

PROS

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

CONS

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

MindBody offers more features for Gym memberships including the ability to set up recurring memberships via ACH bank automatic withdrawal.

Jessica

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Mindbody Staff

PROS

Easy to use and easy to change things. Also schedule online is easy.

CONS

There are 5 different ways to do the same thing.

Bri

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Worst software , DO NOT recommend

Incredible waste of time, energy and money for me and clients. Unbelievably frustrating and exhausting.

PROS

Nothing, I wish I could go back in time and reverse ever using them. Over charging, no refunds, billing without consent, no receipts

CONS

Hours and days of being on hold. Endless glitches with no solution Charges for no reason with no receipt

Reason for choosing Mindbody

The sales rep was very good and extremely misleading.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Amazing customer service Excellent seamless software No hidden fees No extra charges without consent Local and relevant customer service No wait times

Edward

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional. However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very tired-looking, they are focused on up-selling to bigger clients who can afford and ignoring the smaller clients of which I am one. (Their costs are £100-450pcm basic, plus an additional £199 pcm for an almost essential mobile app, which puts it well out of range for a small business. Probably, importantly, the functionality is also possibly geared around larger yoga, hair-salons, gyms, etc. I am a music teacher. I think it's time I looked at a more tailored music teaching option.

PROS

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

CONS

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense). No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Reason for choosing Mindbody

I chose MindBody 10 years ago when there weren't many better alternatives or industry-specific alternatives. There now are considerable options for music teaching software so I fear I must bid MindBody goodbye...

Agatha

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Best Scheduling Solution For Mindbody

PROS

With Mindbody, handling reservations and business scheduling. It is affordable and smooth while using.

CONS

No problems with Mindbody. It is an amazing solution.

Trish

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Difficult to Use but Necessary

It is a necessary part of the business but never worked well and has always been a software that we've tried to leave and find a better suited software for our business. My franchisees had constant complaints and often things just don't work correctly and it's difficult to get help or figure out why.

PROS

Fairly easy to use the email functions and member communications functions. I was able to teach myself or use help topics to figure out how to do most things.

CONS

Reporting is not easy to use or to find. The system has multiple limitations and is not user friendly. There is no "shopping cart" experience where I could resell or cross sell. Customer service is a nightmare.

Ja'Keya

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

THE MOST MOTIVATIONAL

OVERALL AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! Will continue to use.

PROS

What I love most about this app is the way it keeps me accountable with my fitness. The motivation is outstanding!!!

CONS

I don't have anything bad to say about this app.

Lina

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Poor service, overpriced, don’t use them

Poor, very poor. In fact how this company is handling Client cancellation is so bad I question if it is even legal.

PROS

Biggest name. Expensive with huge amount of functions one does not know what to do with.

CONS

Over Pericles, 3-3.5 times the price of competition. Poor admin support, you get everyone answering your questions without reading into any previous email exchange. Extensive function but don’t offer the most basic one like sending an automatic payment receipt (invoice) to clients. “Sorry you need to do this manually” not for $470/month, I won’t be. Impossible to cancel omg, they make you run around like crazy just for a cancellation. If you need to give 30 days notice to cancel, you will need another 30 days on top at least to get through the number of useless emails they keep sending you and the number of security questions they ask is more than a bank would.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

We chose it for the name, and size of the company, we made a huge mistake.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Cheaper. Same function. Offer basic functions which mind body does not. Branded app is still cheaper than MB price.

Nicholas

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Fitness Goals

Highly recommend. My business has grown in the short amount of time I have been using the app. Looking forward to the future benefits.

PROS

Being able to schedule appointments with clients I service. Easy to see availability of my schedule and allows my clients to see availability. No need to communicate with them outside of the app. Simple and organized.

CONS

Notifications when things change on my schedule. Before appointments begin, I have to make sure that the client is still coming in by checking the schedule. There have been times I did not receive notice they cancelled.

Rebecca

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

A good system that did not work as well for Canadian clients

PROS

Customer service was very good. We were able to easily put in our schedules and see the overall picture of our enrollment structure. Tracking clients was well done.

CONS

Mindbody at the time of our usage did not allow for online registration for clients, payment systems for Canadians not the ability for our clients to have a portal into their accounts to make changes and access information. It was very rudementary in its design. As such we changed systems entirely for ease of business.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

Mindbody offered a trial and a very good set up and training. As this system was a huge improvement to what we were already using, we switched. It was only afterwards that we found an even better system. Using MindBody for a few years really showed the cracks in the system as to what our needs were as a business.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

We needed a system that would allow our clients more accessibility - online registration, seeing how many spots were still open in each class, the ability for them to update their billing information/address/phone numbers etc. Print receipts from their accounts. Make their own payments online. Review emails sent to them. Be able to access and review their signed studio policies. A system that integrated with our website so the information we were putting out was accurate in real time. We also needed to be able to batch charge individual classes/team for items. Sadly Mindbody was lacking in several of these areas and it was causing a lot of additional workload for our administrative and management staff.

Ryan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.) It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue. This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

PROS

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

CONS

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.) The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly. The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible. The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

I thought I was moving to a better system, I was wrong.

Jae

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Such a good product

PROS

This is great for scheduling appointments - so easy to use

CONS

This is super easy to use, i have no complaints!!

Reviewed May 2024

Great product! Thank you guys?!?

PROS

The ease of use when I'm moving around. Scheduling is so nice

CONS

I'm not the biggest fan of the pricing but it's worth it I think

April

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Fantastic App!

Mindbody is a great app to make appointments and keep track of schedules.

PROS

I love how easy Mindbody is to use. I can easy and quickly find my appointments and also see other options in my area.

CONS

It would be nice if it kept me logged in, it seems I have to log back in every time.

Reviewed November 2023

Perfect for health and wellness industries

PROS

MindBody offers a user-friendly interface, and robust scheduling features.

CONS

The prices are not shown in the pricing page.

Kurt

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

MindBody for Small Gym

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless! MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

PROS

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all. MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory. The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed. The software will also take into account independent contractors. Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

CONS

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds. It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related. All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

RhinoFit didn't have the flexibility I needed and wasn't as intuitive

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

MindBody for Music Schools

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

PROS

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

CONS

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

MB was better suited, ironically, to private appointments. There was no Jackrabbit Music, yet, so their focus seemed to be more on group classes.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

At the time, it was a better option than what we had.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

LIGHTYEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION

My experience was $500 per month at two locations of nigthmares, frustration, and apologies for clients. I truly should have left them years ago, but don't like making clients switch POS systems more than once in 5 years, and I should have just done it sooner.

PROS

The only thing good about this software is the App on the customer facing side.

CONS

Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

I left Mindbody for Fresha, and it's the best software I have used by a mile. Not only is the App smooth, defect free, attractive, and intuitive, it was also HUNDREDS of dollars a month CHEAPER! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Fresha. They continue to innovate and work within the beauty and hair industry to make the best product. Boulevard is a new up and comer, but even that I tried is far behind Fresha in value.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Booker was even worse... an easy bar to exceed.

Phillipe