All Lead Forensics Reviews

Lead Forensics is Top Class

Max

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Find Out who is visiting your website

Our experience was with lead forensics post covid was great, but now that everyone is working from home It isn't as useful because people aren't in the office

PROS

Able to see who visited your website, able to get contacts from that company, also had reporting and assignment of the leads that came in.

CONS

Have to pay for each contact you try to open or you buy an amount of contact credits. also you can only see if someone visited your site from a company IP address.

Gary

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2023

A great tool to track & grow your potential sales leads

Overall, we've had mixed feelings about Lead Forensics and its capabilities. While some of our sales team find it helpful, not every team member uses the platform on a regular basis. This is a bit problematic since the software is quite expensive. While the information provided and the leads shown are helpful, they lack the detail our team needs to execute sales calls meaningfully.

PROS

I really like how easy Lead Forensics is to use. The dashboard is very easy to use and the whole software layout is simple and intuitively designed. The dashboard can be customized to show the things you find helpful such as recent site visits, most popular pages, and the most active companies.

CONS

My biggest gripe with the software is less a critique of this particular platform, but of the software category as a whole. My biggest complaint with the software is how vague and unspecific it can be with the quality of leads it displays much of the time. Most of the leads shown will show the company name, the general location (usually the headquarters address for the company), and some background info about pages visited and time spent on the site. Unfortunately, this info is not always enough to tell us exactly who is looking at what. A lead is nice, but it's very difficult to narrow down who was looking with most large companies, especially when they are large, multinational companies with dozens of locations and tens of thousands of employees.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're thrilled to hear that you find Lead Forensics easy to use! We understand your concern regarding the specificity of leads, especially with large companies, and we're continuously working to enhance our algorithms to provide more detailed insights. We appreciate your insights and will strive to further improve our platform to better meet your team's needs.

Replied February 2024

Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great Lead Capture product with good support

PROS

Generates useful and accurate information about website visitors

CONS

I haven’t found anything not to like! Will keep looking

Reviewed July 2023

Extremely disappointing and would advise to use another provider

We paid the following costs to LF:Set up cost: £150 + vatMonthly cost: £275 + vat for tracking codes on FOUR websites. Please note, this was not just ONE website and any current customers may wish to rethink your renewal costs as it’s clearly different for all businesses depending on your financial accounts.When we highlighted that the LF service was no longer providing a full service that we agreed to, we were delighted that LF acknowledged this and offered us a discount to remain as a customer.Like everyone through COVID, we all tried to support other businesses as we felt if we could still obtain a lower ratio of leads for businesses browsing our websites, and LF could help us with a reduction in cost until things returned to normal, it would be great for both businesses.LF confirmed this was the case and reduced our monthly payment to £209 + vat for all FOUR websites.Unfortunately as more businesses had staff working from home, the data and product that LF provided us was no longer fit for purpose.

PROS

The initial sales team were great and the trial gives you a good insight as to what you can experience if you have a good knowledge of IT. If you do not, you're buying a product that does not track staff or business owners working from home.

CONS

Different pricing per business (suspect this depends on your financial accounts)To confirm, I NEVER leave any negative feedback online about a business that I’ve had a bad experience with as I understand how difficult it is for businesses and there is always a resolution. I am very disappointed in Lead Forensics and happy to share my feedback as the treatment from LF after being a loyal customer since [sensitive content hidden] was very poor. In summary, I had to pay £2508 for a product that no longer provided accurate tracking data because more people work from home and this data could not be tracked to show what business they were coming from when working from home.I can confirm there is no loyalty whatsoever from LF having being a customer since Jan 2020, they would not terminate our contract.I must add that this was an automatic rolling contract that LF did not make me aware of or contact me to confirm was being renewed. I highlighted my concerns as we’re a Web and IT company who recommend such products to our customers and our in house developers highlighted that LF can no longer obtain the data that we were originally sold when signing up.

Christopher Ryan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Does what it says

The tool worked well and provided some valuable leads to us - obviously, they still need qualifying and chasing up - some customers do not like to see that you have been snooping on their activity, however. and we missed the contract cut off by 20 days and were stuck paying a very expensive number for the next 3 years when we only wanted to roll over 12 months per time.

PROS

It really does do what it says - and if you're after a website lead generation tool - then having visibility of your users in real-time is incredibly valuable. it is very feature-rich and they clearly spend time trying to build new functionality into the tool. it was very easy to deploy and use.

CONS

The sales tactics by the business I am not fond of - it's not aggressive sales but the account team are constantly onto you around the time of renewal. The contracts are very long - up to 3 years and if you miss the cutoff you are tied in. Therefore it's a very expensive tool - I feel there are now tools on the market for a much better price that do just as well of job. Also I would get account managers ringing me for new business and trying to pitch the soluton to me even though I was already a customer!

Asif

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Great tool for finding out the identity of visitors/good for lead generation campaigns

We wanted to find out the prospects that are interested in buying our products, we used the tool to help us with the mystery and then add them to our priority based on the actions of those prospects. It did help us at the beginning but most of the data were not accurate which resulted in us waiting for our contract to finish with them.

PROS

Easy to use tool that helps in finding out which of the prospects are visiting the website that helps in prioritizing the leads of a business. Good for monitoring the interests of the leads and finding out their identity and exporting the contacts into your database. Good weekly reports can be set up that come directly in your mail.

CONS

The data is inaccurate. We do find some useful data but most of the data is missing as we tested other products too. Customer support is not the best, they take ages to reply. And it is expensive, and after a while useless tool as we never felt we got value from it after a while.

Steven

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Beware!!! Not for Local/Mom & Pop type Businesses

Beware!!! Not for Local/Mom & Pop type Businesses If you are a small local type Mom and Pop business.This is not for you!!! In theory it is great HOWEVER. the downside was only revealed to me AFTER being LOCKED INTO a 1 year contract. They only send you leads that come from a certain type of IP address, either Static of Dynamic I'm not sure, but the point is if you are looking to get solid local leads, more than likely the local people who are searching for you don't have that, lets say "Commercial type" of IP address. Example: I have a Restaurant Equipment company in Las Vegas and my goal was to procure local b2b type of leads from people who are opening a restaurant, remodeling, etc. The problem is that most people do work off their laptop that isn't linked to any business name therefore there isn't a lead.Only, corporate type restaurants that have a corporate location and pay [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to look up a price for something on the internet which is most of what I got. All leads that didn't do me a bit of good from all over the country, which I found weird. very rarely did local leads I was in search of ever appear in my dashboard. And its up to you to cold call from there as they want to charge you more money to get a name for the person you want to contact. I am not a review writer at all for anything but I feel very slighted that they lock you into a 1 year contract, and this is NOT a cheap service. The people that onboarded me were all very nice and I don't have anything

PROS

Nothing, No quality leads. Read Below. This is a scam to sell this to local businesses

CONS

Not for small b2b businesses. I believe only good for national and corporate clients

Reviewed January 2021

Simple idea yet very helpful

PROS

I loved to see who's coming and browsing on our side (reverse IP). which company, from where, how many visits and what was it that they were looking at , as that have allowed me to directly reach out to them as they were in the discovery phase of the sales cycle instead of waiting for someone to reach out to us and fill up a form

CONS

I think that in today's marketing automation world, such functionality is too lacking. IP databases aren't exactly accurate and sometimes the company is categorised by their HQ, which means that if an office in Italy reviewed your products you still might see San Fransisco which isn't helpful

Monique

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Review of LF

PROS

Easy to use/navigate and understand the terms of use

CONS

Incorrect data/ bounced emails get quite a few

Dylan

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2018

UNETHICAL BUSINESS, GIVEN FALSE INFORMATION

Obviously this software is for lead generation, but the people we reached out to were completely disinterested. Their premise that "if someone was on your website they are a warm lead" is completely false. Just because someone has been on your website before doesn't qualify them as a warm lead.

PROS

Easy interface, it does what they said it would do, but its very limited in its functionality.

CONS

Interface looks nice but very few features in comparison to competitors. The sales team is unethical and they tie you into a year long contract. Beware of the execiutive (salesman for Lead Forensics) as he told us our contract could be cancelled at any time but... surprise! They're holding us to an entire year long contract and we're not even using the limited software they gave us...

Sean

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Great resource for website lead capture.

We used Lead Forensics to capture information on our website in order to generate new/support existing leads for our sales. We work in Saas and have demos on our website and with this, we were able to tell which company was on our site and watched a demo and pass this information along to a sales representative. Even one lead is extremely valuable for us as a company and Lead Forensics generated multiple so it essentially paid for itself!

PROS

Simple interface Enough detail to get the information you need Can look up individual IP at your request Useful for supporting sales staff Is a great tool to have for a lot of reasons

CONS

Limited to a certain number of direct IP searches per time period We made the switch to another provider for this reason however during the entirety of our contract Lead Forensics was more than enough for us to do our job effectively.

Hi Sean, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience with Lead Forensics. We're really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the software and that you experienced a positive return on your investment. It's also great to see that you have rated our customer service as 5 star. Lead Forensics strives to deliver world-class customer service and we're pleased to see that with your experience, there was no exception. Thank you again for your feedback. Kind regards, Pete - Lead Forensics

Replied April 2019

Marco

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Stay away from this useless scam

A Scam. They tell you what you want to hear on the sales call and then the contract fine print does not match. During my Free Trial, they showed me and give me access to the 250 leads we had generated from visitors to our website. Then during the sales pitch, I was told I would have access to all visitors that hit our website if they can see who they are. Once I signed the contract I was then told later when I hit my limit of 100 leads per month that that is all I get for my nearly $500 per month commitment. Even though I had clearly asked during the several sales calls that I would have access to unlimited leads that hit our own website I was then told after the contract was signed I can only download up to 100 per month. That was never disclosed and was insinuated that since during the trial it was much more than 100 leads that I would get all of them. I complained to management early on they promised to listen to the recorded calls but I never heard back about any resolution. The sales rep smooth-talked me and begged me to sign the contract from my phone while I was on vacation so he could win a contest and got me! Got me good with his lies!

PROS

Not worth the money. I was smooth-talked and lied to about how many leads I would be able to get from my own website.

CONS

it's all a con. during my 14-day trial i had over 250 leads and during the sales calls they insinuated I would be able to access all the business leads that visit my own website. ONly to find out later after signing a contract that for $500 a month with a 12-month contract I could only access up to 100

Reviewed January 2023

Poor product and even worse customer service

PROS

Easy to install and set up from our website

CONS

This is a very bad company that pretends to customize the experience and then forces you into a standard tool.Lots of issues with the tool itself: the integration with Hubspot is a premium and is not included, the design of the platform is very poor. The data you get is not that actionable or precise. The customer service: the customer service is very poor, the customer success team forces clients to stay onboard even if your company is not using the service and the platform anymore, and this despite several call that have for objective to cancel the subcription. Lead Forensics claims that you keep the access even if you are not using it anymore and that you need to remain a customer. In addition:- Lack of personalization or attention to the customer's individual needs- Inability to resolve customer issues in a timely and effective manner- Failure to follow up with customers to ensure their satisfaction with the solution (pretends that they can improve the service to match your expectations through numerous calls, and then they do nothing and they force you to keep your subscription)- Disrespectful, dismissive, or unprofessional behavior by customer service representatives- Failing to provide clear and detailed information on the cancellation process.

Reviewed February 2019

Great software but leaves something to be desired.

We use lead forensics on our website to track possible customers for our product. Once we get their company name through the lead forensics tool we research the email addresses of individuals at this company with the applicable job title for us to go after and count them as new leads. We have gained sales strictly through the method before so overall this software works!

PROS

Best software in my opinion for its purpose Would recommend over many utilities used to track web traffic Works great with CRM integration Super fluid interface Makes communication between Sales and Marketing easier Expedites tasks that used to take multiple actions to complete and consolidates them into one process

CONS

Lacking certain information that other softwares have for this particular purpose however none are as flexible as this one Limited to the amount of individual IP addresses you may ask for even if you pay for the software and you have to contact customer service in order to track these specific IP addresses

Austin

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2020

Horrible Experience With Lead Forensics

We had a horrible experience working with Lead Forensics. Not only is the tool completely useless to us (we get the exact same data in our CRM for FREE - than you Hubspot) but their customer service is horrendous and they have zero emphasis on customer satisfaction. The fact that they lock you into a long-term commitment before you even get to truly experience the value of the tool (extremely limited trial) shows you that they anticipate you wanting to cancel and wouldn't make any money if you could subscribe month-to-month like 99% of the other legitimate SaaS companies allow for.

PROS

Truly nothing. We've had absolutely zero ROI for this purchase, which cost us many thousands of dollars in a locked-in contract.

CONS

They over-promise and under-deliver. I am not the only one out there, and I highly recommend checking out their reviews here, on G2, and with the Better Business Bureau to verify that. Their sales team is super pushy and just wants to make a sale. It's unfortunate when a company just cares about the dollars and don't care about the value that they [don't] provide. The software technically works as advertised, but the data that you receive is totally useless, doesn't account for the region, and unless you get super lucky to have a small business with an easily-identifiable decision-maker, you may as well just find contact information on Google and reach out cold.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Fantastic product with measurable R.O.I.

It took us some time to get used to putting it into our workflow but the return on investment in engaging casual browsers, as well as the insight it provided on everyone in our pipeline as well as the end result (customers) made this software an absolute no-brainer in terms of a business decision. Cannot recommend enough, a real game changer for a business, but I imagine you would need to have a fair amount of traffic for it to be as worthwhile as it was in my experience.

PROS

Absolute transparency- being able to see when cold, warm or hot prospects were engaging with the brand, and fully understanding how, as well as customers and even competitors as well. Clearly able to measure the ROI which is rare but valuable with Marketing software.

CONS

The only issue I consistently experienced is we tried to filter out information on our software log in page and this was never watertight the whole time we used the platform.

Katy