Browse Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite Reviews

Joanne from Joanne Wadsworth

Software to protect your computers and any other electronic device that connects to the internet.

This software has adequately protected my home and business computers, phones, and other electronic devices that connect to the internet.

Pros

Cons

A bigger discount for those who renew the software automatically each year.

Good thinking Less Functionality

It is one Of first products in starting Apt base attack protection.

Pros

Security architecture is good for protection it cover all signature protection at multiple appliance and easy of flexiable and multiple Security options like antivirus,ips,behavioral analyze , URL filter also etc.

Cons

Some custom configuration is more difficult and is not .

Reasons for Choosing Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

In the last years it cover and Innovative Technology in this league. And some feature are very strong

Tammy from Medical Management Consulting

Trend Micro not software friendly with other programs

This program functions fine for the home user that isn't running business software that it could possibly be incompatible with. I didn't have any problem with the software on a laptop that didn't have my billing software on it.

Pros

This software is easy to install across multiple devices and easy to use. The renewal process is easy and quick. Visually, it's easy to find what you want to do.

Cons

This program seemed to be interfering with my medical billing software and causing it to freeze up at very inconvenient times. After researching this among other users of the medical billing software I found that others experienced the same issues with it causing the billing software to freeze up. I had to uninstall this software because of it's interference with the billing software.

Amanda from Endecom Business I.T. Solutions

It did it's job

Pros

I don't have a whole lot to say about it but that it did it's job.

Cons

My biggest complaint was the installation seemed to be a bit long. Other software seems to install quicker which is important at a client with 200+ computers.

Reasons for Choosing Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

The client chose Trend but has since changed to a different product. I believe Trend was in place for over two years.

Great product, designed to be easy to use

It has helped cut down on the spam that I would normally get in my email. I dont have as much issues as I did with other products that slowed down my computer in the past. I look forward to more products that TrendMicro will be developing in the futuer and trying them out.

Pros

Easy to install and set up. Has provided the protection that it is supposed to. I have only had one issue with the software in the 2 years of using it and that was when I was setting it up initially. Their team at the support number was there for me and walked me through making sure that the software was working properly. Been using it ever since almost 2 1/2 years. Glad to have found this product and been able to make it a part of the protection I use on a regular basis. I would recommend to colleagues to use as part of their Anti-Spam/Virus protection.

Cons

Hard to find any thing that I didn't like about this software. It has provided all the protection that I have needed along with the other products that I use. Over all its a great product

Marc from Self-Employed

Basic protection with lots of notifications

Pros

It definitely does its job it scans thoroughly and I haven't had a problem with any viruses because it catches any sort of thing it scans for.

Cons

Once again it's hard to enjoy the free version when you're constantly being reminded to purchase the full. After the trial. Ends you are required to register it so I went back to AVG

Reasons for Switching to Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

Avg is free and less hassle.

Jammer A. from Avenida Studio

You could not expect less from this long-standing company, personally recommended

I no longer fear being attacked by a lot of spam

Pros

This application has many Pros, but the most important thing is that it keeps annoying unwanted emails at bay, I really like its ease of installation, its friendly interface. I have been using products from this company for years and they are synonymous with quality.

Cons

I think the updates are not as frequent as they are with other products of this same brand. but it is something that can be solved without major problem. It really is difficult to get negative aspects to this useful tool

AV Scan with easy to use console

Pros

Console can control all AV endpoint for easy administration. Installation can be done at image level hence no visiting of user for installation is required

Cons

long installation process. it will scan before it install software hence sometime the installation can take up to 15 mins.

Aubrey from appsFreedom

Used Trend Micro smart and total protection for Email protection and unwanted emails

Block unwanted email. Reputation management

Pros

Superior protection for virus protection for incoming and outgoing email. Trend micro is known for the unbeatable protection from unwanted emails. These emails are blocked using trend micro email reputation database

Cons

This was a little complicated as far as putting down our company compliance and basic business and email processes. Ifr your computer savvy then it will be easy but if not find someone who isw help with the process. Every department has different processes..

Yendi from PF Concepts, Inc.

A perfect value for PC protection

This antivirus is great for small companies, it does the job.

Pros

What I like the most of this anti virus is that it runs automatically at startup and periodically to find any threats, if something is found it will automatically get rid of the malicious file and deliver you a report. It performs great for smaller companies, easy to manage from one management console. Overall, Trend micro gives you a lot of opportunity like folder shield, password manager, vault.

Cons

I guess that the downside of this antivirus, is that it does not come with too many features, malware, anti spam and antivirus. I usually have problem with Trend Micro whenever installing a new program, it lags and slows down my PC, then it makes you authorize the installation with several pop ups.

James from Real Wisconsin Website Design

Trend Micro Enterprise Security Suite: ENTERPRISE FRIENDLY!

We really enjoyed working with their Beta Team in the development process and as such found that we could really dig deep in to this product. That gave us a much better understanding and now many of the posts we see people asking questions on the support server appear to us a problems that stem from not reading the manual! What can I say? 8-)

Pros

Full Disclosure, I was a Beta Tester for Trend Micro but did not receive any compensation. So we really dug into this Software and can say without any hesitation that it's one of the finest choices for an Enterprise Solution you will ever find!

Cons

Not as intuitive as one would hope but their Tech Support is Tops and they do get back to you in a reasonable amount of time. Once you get past the one or two hurdles that come up when implementing an Enterprise Solution you will find it your Go-To Choice!

Andrea from Cerved Group spa

Good

Pros

The product is very good, we use it since 2010 and we did not notice a single problem. On the client PCs its user interface is very minimal and not distracting.

Cons

It is a LAN-only product. Disconnected PCs do not get any signature updates. Scheduled full-PC scans are long and cause the system to slowdown even for hours, but they aren't mandatory and it's up to the sysadmin to plan the schedule. I don't know of any rival product with the same security levels and a better behavior.

Abraham from Rishavena Home Health Care

Top of the line protection

Pros

Trend Micro is a cut above its competitors in terms of overall security quality, user friendliness, and customer service. The suite we purchased for the company was used on all 8 computers and was a constant source of relief for administrators. Trend Micro offers a range of top of the line cyber security packages and we found that Enterprise Security Suite worked best for us.

Cons

This software is a bit pricier than its competitors, though it offers comparable protection. The primary upgrade for the price tag is the user interface, which is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Mylene from I.T Experts Philippines

Specialized in eliminating security gaps on network.

Pros

Trend Micro Enterprise security suite protect your network from malicious, unauthorized and harmful attacks. The suite has endpoint security, mac support, mobile and control for management. It easy use for administrator, just install the platform and configure the policy and the system will do the rest protecting your investment.

Cons

Trend Micro security has different type of suite, make sure to choose proper package for your company complete protection requirement.

Sherry from Treasure Coast Community Health

A Virus Protection that truly works

Their support is excellent especially when we are looking to them for guidance.

Pros

We had a different virus protection and changed to Trend Micro in 2016. It was the best move we could have made. The software has kept us virus clean as we've had multiple virus attempts that the software has stopped from infiltrating our system.

Cons

There isn't anything that I would say is a con to the product. For us the price is hefty but compared to the cost of a virus attack it balances out.

Faye from Gift of Freedom

Trend Micro review

Pros

I use Trend Micro for my home based online business computer protection. It is efficient and works away in the background always checking. Very happy with this product.

Cons

Im actually not disappointed with anything about this product so far. Had it for several years. Very happy.

Ruben from Cheetah Digital

TrendMicro makes it very easy to protect all my devices from virus' and malware!

Pros

TrendMicro is a light-weight, fast AV that does a great job of protecting my devices from harmful websites and files. It's been a part of my arsenal for years.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to share. TrendMicro works great and doesn't bog down my computer like other AV software titles.

Oliver from EDAG Engineering

Easy enterprise AV management

Worth using as is easy to configure overall and deployment into a larger marketplace

Pros

Easy deployment to our international locations managing thousands on clients. Very agile and user friendly, easy policy configuration and adaptable to business needs.

Cons

Policy management can be misleading, does need time spent to test and configure initially before wide scale deployment.

Great product to catch most viruses

Pros

Implementation and management is easy. There's very little needed to do to keep it running.

Cons

The hardest part is setting up control manager as the CM has a terrible GUI.

Darshana from TechCERT

Maximum Protection

A solid security foundation across the network for complete end-user protection. Excellent platform support is available for the present network configuration.

Pros

High-fidelity machine learning helps provide the broadest protection against ransomware and other advanced attacks.

Cons

Performance issues on endpoints were detected upon agent installation.

Horacio from Lead Machine AI

A really complete protection suite from a reputable brand.

Antivirus software with a very advance spam/trash blocking feature.

Pros

Featured packet for the price, especially its very effective spam mail blocker. It can be great for small to medium business due to it easy deployment.

Cons

It does not have the best UI, but if you are a tech savvy it will be understandable.

Nicole from J Global

Industry: Sporting Goods

Review of Trend Micro

Pros

This is just nice for our small business set up and my family members too for computer protection. It is easy to set up, discontinue when replace the new laptop, etc

Cons

I have nothing to disappointed with this software, very happy with it if compare with other tools I tried before.

The implementation was seamless and very easy cut down the spam mail more then a half.

easy implementation and great filter for the spam we had received. As a pre-exchange mail server process to block the massive spam messages it does a great job.

Pros

The implementation was seamless and very easy. The configuration ,control and management is almost bulletproof and easy to manage. Great value for money.

Cons

had some false positives and i had to manually pick them out and send them to the approved lists since the exclusion rules didn't work. Quite good

Mike from Premier Medical Equipment, LLC

Trend Micro Utilization

It is a great product and would recommend anyone to use it. It works perfectly for my business at this level.

Pros

It runs seamlessly in the background. It also provides notifications when there is a malicious attachment to an email or website. It will remove it before it affects your computer. I dont have to do anything other than set it up originally then I forget about it.

Cons

There is nothing that I dont like about this software!!!

Chris from Hansen Insurance

Overly Protective

Not bad protection for the money.

Pros

The software certainly made you feel protected from anything that might be acquired through the internet.

Cons

This software would flag/block a lot of the websites I would use regularly which made doing business sometimes a hassle.

romay zuleima from Universidad de Oriente. Nueva Esparta

excellent to avoid "mailware"!!!

excellent software for protection

Pros

In my task as researcher I investigate through Internet and check my mails in search of information and the software has been usefulness to protect my equipment from pages or mails that harm my computer. The protection technics are excellent

Cons

In opportunities I have indicated pages and mails that are reliable nevertheless it has marked them like spam

Joshua from Hi-Tech Repair & Consulting

Great software

Pros

This software definitely protects your computer from so many things and is easy to deploy and set up across the network.

Cons

If pricing was a little better we would of stayed with this product

Carly from 3rd Group Properties

Good Quality, Competitive Price

Pros

Offers good protection against malware and phishing. Also significantly cut down on the amount of spam that I received.

Cons

Jonathan from NovaSom, Inc.

Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

I found the software to do everything an AV software should, along with the ability to remotely monitor and configur agents.

Pros

Cloud based AV software that works better than what im currently running. Quick speedy installation, small lightweight package that allows constant monitoring.

Cons

The config was a little tricky but was able to pull it off with some tech support. Once up and running, it was easy to maintance and update.

Quick, Cheaper, Reliable

Reasons for Switching to Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

Cost and testing upgrades to our system.

Becky from MD Engineering

Trend Micro Review

We have this software on our office computers to protect against viruses and malware.

Pros

This software gives us the assurance that we are being protected against viruses/malware.

Cons

Not really a problem of the software, but I forget that it's there and I really should be checking it every now and then just to make sure it isn't finding things so I can alert our IT person.

Orlando from Universidad de Oriente. Venezuela

It protects and keeps my PC and mobile device free of virus spyware, malware and Trojans

Pros

It protects my devices from emerging threats such as viruses, spyware, malware and toyanos; Stops viruses or malware, Trojans, worms and new variants that puts my PC at risk. It offers protection while surfing the web

Cons

By inserting a usb removable memory or an SD does not detect the virus if it has it until you proceed to scan the device

Ty from Premier Learning Solutions

Flawless protection for the right price

Pros

Nothing questionable gets through, ever! Hands down, Trend is easily the best at keeping our system safe. I never have to worry about people clicking malicious links, because the messages that contain them are nonexistent.

Cons

Everything has been smooth sailing. What's not to like about software that minimizes risk so well?

Adonis from Fujitsu Telecom Systems Philippines Inc.

Very powerful security suite

Pros

Trend Micro Security Suite empowers our employee to work safely, sharing data and application on any devices in any location. The agent is also remarkable, it does it job without using much resources on our workstations.

Cons

There are a lot of features of these suite. Make sure to explore to fully maximize the system.

April 2015

Ric from Ultimate Software

April 2015

Trend Micro Enterprise is a complete security suite.

Pros

The centralized policy management offers enterprise wide protection across gateways, mail servers, file servers, and endpoints. The software is easy to install and deploy in a mixed platform environment.

Cons

It lacks some of the advanced configuration and VPN security that I would have liked to have had. The Firewall protection was very basic.

Jessie from Lakeside Church

Great For Business

Pros

This product worked great for multiple businesses that I have used it with. I have had very few issues with the product and its effectiveness.

Cons

It is a large program and sometimes takes a while for updates to download.

Marlin from Frontera Produce

Industry: Food Production

Just difficult to use

When I used the software, it made me worry that it was letting problems in and not letting me know since the software not only never detected problems even on a heavily infected machine but also slowed down any machines that it was installed on.

Pros

There wasn't really anything to like about the software other than it let you lock it so that the user was not able to remove it without your consent

Cons

It never did what it was suppose to and never found or prevented viruses

Hemant from parabolic pictures

Protection for Mac

Pros

A very well known brand name, trustworthy in its lists of spam/viruses. Updates to new virus lists often. Not that expensive

Cons

Makes mac a little clunky after install. Slows it down sometimes

Nathaly from University of Venezuela

Very little protection for unwanted mail

The unwanted emails were blocked.

Pros

It is very easy to use, you can indicate unwanted emails and maintain an updated database, very useful in small businesses

Cons

When it is active in memory, my computer crashes and I have to restart, I can not stop the application and continue my work

Arthur from Venturus

Anti-virus with a good database for detecting on PC but consumes some memory

This anti-virus was selected after a comparison between many other options. It runs on background for company users and has scheduled scans every day using administration tools. It was slowing down some computers while running on work time.

Pros

Runs always on background, users don't even notice it is running.

Cons

Slows down performance when running scans so it needs to be scheduled for hours that user is not working so much.

Guillermo from Eastern University

Security software used to identify and block threats to the system.

Pros

- Security in different layers. - Detects security breaches present in the systems. - It allows to have good security in sensitive information. - Mobile security is very useful for our times.

Cons

- It has presented the need to download patches to resolve vulnerabilities. - They could improve their support system.

Rachel from SWVRJA

Industry: Law Enforcement

Good Product for the money

Pros

Provided the protection that I needed, doesn't slow down my computer and a great product for the money

Cons

File seemed to take awhile to download on the installation, software needs to have more updates

Need an email protection, search no more

Pros

After install there's no much you need to do. Just sit and relax, this sw will do everything for you.

Cons

I didn't like that my every email had a signature that it was scanned with this software. It didn't look good for me.

This product has some quality features but is not very user-friendly.

Get some peace of mind with regards to safe-guarding our environment.

Pros

What I like most about this product is it's real-time alerting of issues on people's pcs. It allows me as an administrator to get live alerts if an outbreak is occurring and allows me to keep a handle on new forms of spyware that might be spreading.

Cons

What I like the least is its lack of identifying the machine with an issue. This creates additional work that shouldn't be necessary in requiring you to log onto their web-based console and run a report in order to identify the specific machine. Far too many hoops to jump through for basic information.

Yaroslav from Consorcio OIV Tocoms

Allows a complete management against threats

In my case I did not like it, put my pc slow

Pros

-Permit security in the management and storage of data, facilitating the mobility of information, between terminals, mobiles, usb and emails. -Bylink to the system by filtering the incoming mail. -It is easy to install and its execution is automatic. -I see it ideal as a corporate application, for its multiple levels of protection in the handling of information.

Cons

-I see it as a corporate program. - Tends to require the use of more resources making the PC slow - False positives are presented, meriting manual use.

Used as antivirus when received for free

Trend Micro did the job when I was able to use it for free. I did not end up paying to renew the subscription because it did not appear to beat the competition in terms of blocking certain types of malware.

Pros

The antivirus protection came with my laptop after a purchase from Best Buy. It seemed to do the job and I did not have any issues with the computer.

Cons

It appears to be an average antivirus software. According to some articles, Trend Micro did not block some malware that others were able to.

Erin from LCPS

Trend Micro Review

Trend Micro is helping keep devices safe and running efficiently

Pros

Provides great protection for my computer from negative websites or malware. Allows me to know I am secure on my device

Cons

I thought it had too many popups at first, but I learned how to change the settings to adapt to my liking

Gianna from G and D Consulting

Removes unwanted mail

Pros

I like that I can add what mail is unwanted to the list so it knows what to filter and can be continuously updated.

Cons

The user interface is not user friendly in the least. It is hard to learn where things are and even when you do some of the things I use the most often are multiple steps to get to instead of just a click away to make it more expedient.

Douglas from Courtesy Auto Group

Does what it says but has drawbacks

Pros

Smart Protection provides multiple layers of protection. Installation is simple and almost automatic. Allows administrators and users to add unwanted emails to the "block list" Alert system is nice.

Cons

Our major drawback would be the amount of resources the program uses, really slows pc down. It doesn't have the most friendly user interface.

Easy to use!

Pros

I really love the protection that the Trend Micro company offers for all types of computers. They have a long legacy of protection and stand by their product.

Cons

The product has no cons and easy to deal with.

Khang from Kimberley hotel Georgetown

Great but time wasting

Pros

It does a great job in filtering the messages and defending the client. Allow system administrator to monitor client status.

Cons

The user interface is a painful experience. You might need to spend some time on the first time you setting up the software and use the software.