• Pros

• "The product is very intuitive and easy to use. The vendor is attentive and works to make every member of our team feel included and like their own special needs are met."

• "Great product! Support is fantastic, with knowledgable, easy-to-work with reps. Training has been offered with each software version update released."

• "Customer Service is excellent, prompt and efficient. The value given for the cost is very attractive; Visual Lease is very cost efficient"

• Cons

• "I can't think of anything I dislike about the product or vendor. I have worked for 25 years implementing various types of property management software. Visual Lease is by far the best."

• "It's not able to do all of the custom reports our team needs. We have to manipulate some of the standard reports and portfolio reports."

• "This is a tough one to answer. To be fair, I'm trying to come up with something. Nothing is coming to mind."

Browse Visual Lease Reviews

Ray from Interface Systems

Industry: Security and Investigations

New Visual Lease User

We have enough leases to justify a software solution versus sticking with Excel. The process starting with demonstrations, through contract discussions and negotiation, to implementation to go-live, were generally smooth. The implementation was simple and was managed in such an excellent way, we were able to go-live two weeks earlier than expected. Customer success is quick to respond to questions. Although we don't always like the responses where the system does not handle a particular situation, we are pleased with the professionalism and care taken to respond.

Pros

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. This solution allows us to stay organized and provides us the platform to be in compliance with ASC 842 Leases. In addition to this we were able to provide our auditors access to read-only documents and calculations and the audit was significantly smoother because of this capability.

Cons

There are some challenges to disposals/terminations of agreements. Improvements are needed to manage the entire life cycle of a leased asset, especially when it comes to accounting and compliance with the new lease standard.

Reasons for Choosing Visual Lease

Perceived ease of use and costs

March 2011

Gerri from Bingham McCutchen LLP

March 2011

Comprehensive Program/Great Customer Service

I can highly recommend VisualLease with no qualifications. They listen to their customers, and frequent updates to the leasing program are largely in direct response to customer needs. The company is very reliable, and offers other leasing services in addition to administering the lease management program.

Pros

We have been using VisualLease as our exclusive leasing program for almost seven years, and it has never failed to fulfill our leasing neeeds. Having all of our office leases easily accessible from anywhere by multiple users has allowed us to respond to every leasing question in a matter of minutes. The abstract function is extremely valuable in accessing quick information on specific topics, and the financial tracking function has cut our annual budgeting process time in half. I don't know how we'd manage our leases without Visual Lease. The best feature of VisualLease is the company's customer service. There is always a person available to respond immediately to every question and to find a solution to an issue in very short order. The new web version has virtually eliminated all technical issues, and new updates are frequent and well announced.

Cons

If there are any "cons," it might be that although the program is ultimately very user-friendly, it does takes some training at the begninning in order to learn all that the program has to offer. This is not really a "con" - it's just a simple learning experience which is to be expected with any new program.

Nick from IMManagers.com

Virtual Lease - Great Features/Functionalities. Comprehensive Program

Pros

This is a good web-based real estate lease accounting and management system. User can customize data fields according to requirements for contracts and the integrated accounting system is great for keeping track of the companies finances. It pretty much covers the bases as a software solution for leaseholders and corporate real estate. And its FASB and IASB compliant.

Cons

Not really a con: Needs a bit of a learning curve, but totally understandable- same as with everything.

March 2015

Darlene from Smith & Nephew

March 2015

4 year Visual Lease user

Pros

Visual Lease is a great product. I think what I like most is the constant improvement they make to the product to meet the needs of their clients. Training is offered on each new version or module that is being introduced.

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like about the product or vendor. Until recently, it would have been the fact that they were not able to offer translation services when abstracting leases; however, that has been resolved and can now be provided.

Caryn from Tavistock Restaurants

I love Visual Lease

Pros

The software is very logical and easy to use. Visual Lease places a high priority on responding to client requests/suggestions to improve the process. Any time I find myself wishing I could do something, I email my idea to support. Many of my suggestions have made their way into upgrade releases.

Kevin from Memorial Hermann

Kevin's Review

Pros

It's easy to use, and it makes it easy to organize and visualize the lease information. We are able not only to utilize the lease records for information, but also to start using the Project Module for projects that are in progress. It helps keeps the information in one place for everyone to read for updates instead of emailing back and forth.

June 2011

Mark from Sevell Realty Partners, Inc.

June 2011

Visual Lease Administration Review

Visual Lease's professional and knowledgeable personnel from the first inquiry about the system to customer service are their greatest asset. The 24/7 accessibility of the system is extremely beneficial to real estate and operation professionals that are constantly on the move. The comfort of knowing that there is a daily backup of the system off-site and records can be easily retrieved should the need arise.

Pros

This is one of the easiest systems to understand and to operate once you start working with the system. The updates often reflect items that we have discussed with Visual Lease. The Training videos are very helpful and customer service has been outstanding.

Cons

Are usually taken care of in the latest update.

April 2011

Darlene from Smith & Nephew, Inc.

VL Product/Service Review

Because we are trying to centralize the lease management process for our global company, we must obtain leases from a great many different people/locations. Our inability to translate some of these leases in-house is difficult. It would be ideal if Visual Lease could also provide translation services.

Pros

Cons

For us the only con that I can offer is the need to send leases in for data entry and abstraction in batches of 10-20, but I totally understand this requirement.

Response from Visual Lease

Replied June 2011

Visual Lease now offers lease translation and abstracting services.

June 2014

Marsha from John L. Scott Real Estate

June 2014

Visual Lease is an intuitive product

April 2011

Thomas from Source Interlink Cos.

Visual Lease Comments

I would heartlly recommend this product to all corporate real estate departments.

Pros

Cons

Whenever I have one, they find a way to solve it.

Karen from Electrocomponents plc

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

first lease admin & accounting software for the company

positive experience with sales during request for proposal, very knowledgeable and patient implementation team led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] allowing us to complete implementation on time, some hiccups with trying to have more customised info built into the accounting feed without having to incur additional costs but otherwise have appreciated being put in touch with technical expert Bill Harter to understand how the system does or does not accommodate for IFRS 16 specifics

Pros

ability to apply more than one accounting standard to a lease, ease of running reports and creating ad-hoc rpeorts, clear and easy to follow journal entries and lease amortisation schedules, clean user interface

Cons

very US-centric whereas we are UK company applying IFRS and would like more of the US terminology turned off and more of the IFRS 16 accounting rules evident and labelled as such in the application so that users can make direct correlation to what is in the IFRS rules

May 2014

Edward from Jackson Lewis P.C.

Jackson Lewis recommends Visual Lease to multi-location organizations

Pros

Visual Lease automatically generates our ACH feed for monthly rent payments of $1.8M over 56 lease locations. Visual Lease generates reports in a matter of minutes, when I previously devoted a day to complete the same task. The cloud-based software is easy to access on the road.

Cons

We look forward to the day when Visual Lease adds the ability to see 20-30 thumbnail images for each lease location.