• icon"On line reservations, Map Based interface, Networkable, Integrated Point of Sale, Integrated Credit Card Processing, Export to Quickbooks, Customizable."
  • icon"One feature we have problems with is a group reservation and forgeting to check the correct box to keep billing separate for each customer."

All Campground Master Reviews

Mary

April 2015

Extemely limited. Its ok just for a reservation system however it is very limited

Basic reservations work well however group reservations, transferring deposits, cancelling, or refunding involve a multitude of steps. We went with the Point of Sale to incorporate so its all one program and it is slow, can NOT get Inventory # of how many items we sold in a year, quarter, a month or a week. Returning an item , finding a receipt slows the entire system down. We have a 175 site and 25 room resort plus @8,000 items in our POS. It is not meeting our needs any longer. I believe the program would suit a smaller campground with less than 2000 items in POS. Disappointed to say the least.

Response from Cottonwood Software

It's true that the POS is not designed for a large store, and we don't recommend it for that. It's meant as a side-feature to handle a moderate gift shop or camping supplies store (it's only a $200 option after all). I'm sorry to see you rate the software based on a function it was never intended for. I believe the other issues you mention could have been resolved by simply contacting support about them, which was never done. An inventory sales report by quantity is one of the basic transaction "quick-reports", for instance.

Replied May 2015

Janice

Best Reservation Software and Customer Support

I am glad our company chose Campground Master. The customer support has been outstanding. No matter the day of the week or time of day, you get a quick response to any questions you might have. The initial setup process was relativily straight forward. I have been using the product for ten years, so it is probably even easier now. The software is easy to train new employees to use. There are many ways to customize the product for your park setup, such as confirmation emails/letters, reservation and customer information. The software provides valuable reports for tracking reservations and store sales. The point of sale software has made our campground store easy to manage, as we always know what we have for inventory, and can quickly print reports of items that need to be purchased. Highly recommend this product whether you are a large or small campround or RV park. It will only improve the ease of your day to day operations.

Wally

Campground Master

I have been recommending this program to many campgrounds in Minnesota and they have also purchased it after trying the demo version and other programs. It is an excellant product, and a great value.

Pros

Easy to set up and use, great support when needed, less expensive than many of the competition's programs. We were able to use the credit card processing feature and save money on equipment and processing fees. The Newsletters and user forums are a great features, we use them for refreshing our memory on program options and to keep us informed on changes and operating procedures.

Cons

One feature we have problems with is a group reservation and forgeting to check the correct box to keep billing separate for each customer. There is probably a way to set this up so it autimatically selects separate billing but i have not researched it.

Kathy

April 2015

Campground Master Gets an A+ in my Book!

I have used Campground Master for 8 plus years since we purchased our campground. I started with an Excel spreadsheet and quickly realized I needed a better solution. I didn't want to spend a ton of money and discovered Campground Master. The features met my needs for both reservation software and POS solution for our store. It was easy to set up (a bit time consuming on the POS side to set up all of the items, but that's just the nature of the beast); simple to train staff to use; provides great history; and provides an easy way to send email confirmations from within the software. Over the years we have always received prompt responses when we have had questions or needed to figure out a workaround solution to an issue. Annual maintenance charges are incredibly reasonable and I wouldn't consider switching to another product!

Lovia

Excellent and Affordable!!

Pros: Easy to install without a Tech person, Setup is customizable to your own needs, easy to learn to operate, great lockout features for "unauthorized user areas", extremely affordable, always updating and improving their program, many feature options within, great print out forms & designable by yourself as well and more!! Tech support is amazing! and FAST! Cons: Only wish there were more emailing options for things such as invoicing. Would like to have a "size" display option for viewing the grid/info (there may be this and I don't know not sure)

Cheri

April 2015

From an IT point of view

I'm the tech who installs and troubleshoots the software. From the website, I have easy acces to software and updates, manuals, forums, and contact info. 99% of the time I can resolve my issue just by going to the webiste. The software is easy to install - including updates - both on stand-alone PCs and on networked PCs. Even without knowing the program inside and out, I can still read the screen, the menu, the tabs, and accomplish what needs to be done. The mapping feature is phenominal and worth its weight in gold!

Sheila

Owner

You would be unwise not to prushace this program

Pros

This program was the easiet one I have ever learned to use. They have though of everything you need for your campground. It is also very easy for employees to use, even thoes with no computer experience at all. The price was exceptional for the product and the support team is always there for you. They never make you feel inferior when helping to solve a problem.

Cons

Back-ups could be better for me.

Michelle

Dinasaur of a program

I have used Campground Master (CM) for two years now and I find it a very comprehensive program. It has many options/features and definitely covers the spectrum of reservation needs for a cabins and campground. However, it's really hard to use if a person doesn't have previous computer knowledge. I haven't been able to confidently train anyone else on our site to use it. They can use it insomuch as they check who is coming in but they are not able to It's not intuitive, the interface is outdated, it's hard to sync with other computers and with the online system (Reservation Friend). It's very inexpensive, it's stable, has few errors. It's fast to load and I can easily check the calendar. However, we have switched over to a different software called CheckFront, which is web-based allowing us to access the reservations from anywhere and has a simple user interface so even our employees without a lot of computer savvy are able to use it.

Matthew

April 2015

We have used Campground Master to manager our RV park for about 5 years.

The software has been reliable. We use it to manage a park consisting of approximately 100 RV sites. The software is affordable for our size of property. We like the ability to track the sites and the revenue generated by each site. The individual account summaries are a nice format and easy for our customers to understand. There are several other reports that are helpful to us. Overall this software has provided good value and functionality.

April 2015

We researched several products of this type and we are very happy with our decision to go with it.

It is very user friendly, customer service is awesome, we have had it for several years and would not think of changing. It is also very reasonably priced and we recommend it to many. Even after a few years of having this software we are still learning and exploring all that it can do. We highly recommend it for your business, we own a Resort and we use it for all of our cabins, campsites, boat rentals, guide trips and More!!

Roger

Still finding our way

I recently upgraded our Campground Master. It had evidently not been working well for the previous manager. While we are still finding our way around the program, it seems very easy to use. We had given up taking reservations except for holiday weekends. Now we are able to enter even same day reservations with ease. I would eventually like to connect their credit card direct use. So far, so good!

Ronald

Great pick

Been using this software for 8 years. It's made our reservations much simpler than they were in the past. For the most part it is very simple to use, auto-rates is a little tricky setting up, but it definitely its something you can master with some practice. We've been able to train our new staff members in its use in a matter of two days or so. Definitely worth the price!

Gary

April 2015

I use CM for reservations at RO Ranch Equestrian Park.

Easy to use, like the F1 support. Like CM because it is a total packwage software from tracking inventory and housekeeping to creating reports. Don't like having to enter a negative number of sites and days to create a situation to refund a credit card just because a customer paid in full and has a zero balance. Can't rate customer support. Haven't had to call them.

Cheryl

Outstanding Customer Service and Product

I would highly recommend this program for any park operator that wants a user friendly inexpensive program to manage their reservations.

Pros

I have been sold on this software from day one. When I was ready to computerize my reservations I researched several well known systems. I was having a lot of trouble getting anyone to answer question. When I called Cottonwood Software, Stan asked if we had a spot for his motor home in our park. He arrived two days later, downloaded his software on my computer and allowed me to use the program. Can't hardly beat that for customer service. It is very well though out for usability, functionality and stability. The few (and I mean few) problems I have had over the years have been handled very quickly, by the owner. Stan is able to do all of his own tech support because he has designed the program to be trouble free. The tech support is free, because you really do not need it. This program is designed with customization in mind. Most custom options can be done by myself or with just a phone call and minor adjustments to the program.

Cons

ummmmm, Maybe Stan can figure a way for the program to answer the phone and take reservations for me..... Seriously, I have had no complaints since owning this software. I have been waiting a while to get the program integrated with friend communications for real time online reservations. That has taken longer than I would like to see as a customer, but it looks like is is nearly ready for beta testing

Marcie

Campground Master

We have a 120 site RV Park in NW Montana. We are open all year, though the tourist season is mid-May through mid-September. We are family run and most of our guests are here between three and seven days. Mostly for sightseeing. I have used this program since 2008. It is easy to use and doesn't take a lot of computer knowledge to get good at it quickly. The advanced stuff I haven't got into, since it requires a knowledge of Excel type spreadsheets and I have never taken the time to learn them. The initial cost and the updates seem to be reasonable. CM will do online reservations, but I have not used that segment. I use the program on two computers in the office. They work seamlessly together. Stan, the developer, is very good at Customer Service. He can answer ANY question! With a widescreen monitor, I can see most of a month on the Rack. That helps to see ahead. I like the map, so that I can check the proximity of sites. I like the fact that I can check off all the site attributes. The site description works really well! I use the transaction history frequently since I have seasonals. Yes, there are some features I wish CM had. Like an electronic signature pad, ability to add/subtract within the transactions, and a memo area above the calendar on the Rack for notations about events, etc. Overall, it's a wonderful program and I could not live without it!

Maria

April 2015

Still loving it after 12 years!

I have used Campground Master for 12 years. I decided to purchase it because it was very affordable and even the yearly fee is reasonable. The customer service I get from my rep, Stan, is wonderful! I have had calls lately for me to try other programs but always tell them I'm very happy with my current reservation/p.o.s. system and will not change.

Kelly

The best there is!!!!!

I think there are pros and cons to all software. Campground master has been the best!! It has everything I need and then some. They continuously make updates and are there for you in any time of need. I have been using Campground master about 10 years now and I would not even consider any other software. I recommend this software to anyone!!!!!!!

DJ

Great software at a reasonable price!

Pros

Once you learn the software it's awesome. It does a ton of things and you can set it up for your own needs.

Cons

Learning the self taught software and setting it up for your needs. It does so much and the software can do 1 thing 3 different ways.

Toni

May 2015

The employees love this software, makes reservations easy.

One area that we haven't figured out is the email to send confirmations. That is partly our fault because we have not called to ask for help. New owners a year ago, still trying to figure things out. Maysel Bowers was previous contact person, now it is Toni Bowers. The park is known as Blue Valley RV Park, LLC

Marilyn

Excellent, user-friendly program

Campground Master is an easy to learn, user-friendly program. It is generally easy to fix any errors made while using the program. It does have one or two "glitches" in the program that need to be addressed - one in the overall bookkeeping area. Generally, when checking someone out, the only transactions we need are to charge the customer for electric used and to issue a refund for the gate card that they return to us. We have found that we need to charge and put through the payment for electric first, then do the gate card return. We cannot simply put the electric charge on the account, then the gate card refund and charge the customer for the difference. If we do it this way, it messes up our end of the month bookkeeping because the program will not let us allocate these (separate the two charges) for the correct amounts. We get around it by doing the complete electric first (put the charge on the bill and also do the payment), and then doing the gate card return. It's annoying to have to do it this way, not to mention trying to get our various day managers to remember to do it that way. Another issue is that when managing a guest staying with a camper, if you mark them "checked in," in the "Manage Guests" program, and then later mark them "checked out," it still shows that they have a guest if you mouse over their name on the Rack. You can't get rid of the "+1." We get around this by never marking the guest as "checked in," we simply leave it as "pending." We put a note in the system that they were actually here, from "such and such" a date to "such and such" a date. When the guest leaves, we just go into "Manage Guests" and "cancel" the reservation. It would be nice, in using "Manage Guests" to be able to mark them "checked in" and "checked out" like we do with any normal reservation. These problems, however, are minor ones and can be worked around. Overall, I (and my day managers) feel that Campground Master is an excellent program. I definitely feel that it is the best program around for managing a campground and I would highly recomment it.

Robin

April 2015

WE have loved the easy use of this program

We have really enjoyed the easy use of Campground Master. When we have had questions or concerns it has been easy to call or email them and get quick answers. The "Help" menu is awesome and we use it alot. The daily tips also teach my employees easier ways of using the programs. *** Issues***I would like it to add monthly prices for our monthly guests because we have to do them manually. We haven't mastered it any other way yet. I am not a fan of the "Paid thru date". When we have long term guests and we extend them out the full year, if we put in a monthly price it will give us a price for paying a full year. If we put in a single monthly payment we have to remember the change the "paid thru date". When we have multiple accounts, and each one is so different it can get frustrating. I understand why its there, and I understand there are ways to work this but some employees have had a hard time learning that feature. We also have guests who have RV sites on a monthly basis plus storage. We know we can sinc the sites together but we still have to go to each individual account to print a receipt for each one. The other issue we have found is that when we have monthly residents, the receipts can get lengthy by the end of the year. We try to delete the previous year transactions each january to make these receipts print on less paper. However, when you delete this information it deletes it permanently. We would like to still have it saved but just not to where it will print so many pages. Another issue we have had is that if one person makes a reservation for 3 sites, we cannot have 2 different employees check them in at the same time if they are all under one name. Only one employee can check in this multiple reservation. Any helpful ideas or hints that would help us in these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy

May 2015

I have used this software for over 5 years. I feel there are pros and cons with it.

I have been using Campground Master for 5 years. It well exceeds my expectations where campground software is concerned. I have found it fairly easy to use and train other employees with. I enjoy some portions of the fluidity of the program. With that being said there are a couple of things I would like to see changed. 1. Blocking sites....there should be a way to unblock a level of sites without having to do it day by day. I had an employee who was told to block off a site for 2 months so they did but when we needed to open it back up we had to go in and individually unblock EACH day which was very frustrating. 2. When payment information is put in and you close out the tab. If you need to go back in and change dates it does not change the new balance. You have to manually go in and delete the transaction and re apply your select rates. When days are changed it would be much less time consuming if the balance due changed automatically to reflect the new dates.

Response from Cottonwood Software

In response to your questions: 1. Blocking sites... This is easily done through Site Details -- see this newsletter article for details: http://campgroundmaster.com/news/easilyblockingsitesformult.html 2. Adjusting charges when dates change -- it sounds like you're not using Auto-rates, or don't have it set to recalculate when changes are made. This can be made to adjust charges automatically whenever the reservation dates are changed. See the documentation for details: http://campgroundmaster.com/help/auto_ratessetup.html

Replied May 2015

Steve

4 Years of Service

We bought our Park 5 years ago, this was the cheapest software we could find that had all of the features we needed at a price we could afford. Surprisingly, the software did everything it said it would and was very easy to learn. We purchased the POS feature as well for store and propane sales. We have since added the network function which also was easy to set up and works as described. Over time we have also customized our system with various colors and reporting. The only difficult part of the system and the one thing we haven't always been able to figure out is the reporting. While it comes with the reports we need for operation, we would like to do some customized reporting. We have been able to do some customization in this area but unless you are a programmer with VB or C training. Having said that, the owner of the software is very responsive to requests. For example, the system was setup up to ask for pricing but not quantity. We suggested that for POS, quantity would also be a good thing to ask for. Stan had that in the next update that we received and as expected, it was a huge time saver. Over all, we have looked at many of the other packages out there since we bought our system and have never found one that did everything that Campground Master did and certainly not at the price. We have been very happy with our system.

Tracey