Browse eviivo Reviews

Derek from TheMeetings.ie

Simple to use. Value for money.

99% of the time it works flawlessly. Good support but not the fastest in responding to queries.

Pros

Simplicity. There is a free trial!! Their preauthorisation of credit cards is a key feature leading to us staying with them. It will flag failed cards I your booking calendar allowing you to cancel via booking.com if card not update within 24 hours. This feature saves money and offsets the cost of the software as failed cards have a much higher no show rate.

Cons

Outages - system has had a number of outages I last two years one of which lasted over 12 hours making processing payments for departing guests impossible via the system. Bookings received via OTAs impacted and needed to be verified. Outages are a concern and have triggered my review if alternative platforms.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Preauthorisation of credit cards and flagging failed ones

Peggy from PA Wilds Vacation Rentals

Eviivo does what I need it to do

eviivo was not easy to get up and running in my opinion. There are still things I don't understand. However, the chat feature enables me to get timely answers to my questions and the customer representatives are friendly and helpful. I haven't found eviivo to be responsive to phone calls or emails. A lot of the problem is due to my not knowing how to input information - set up rates, promotions, etc. but in the end the struggle was worth it. The system has been running smoothly for over a year now and I am happy with it.

Pros

In my opinion, syncing calendars is the most valuable aspect of the eviivo software. I no longer need enter reservations on multiple platforms as they come in - thus alleviating worry about double bookings. Also, I like having the financial reporting and calendars available for three properties in one place. I like having an historical record of guest information and reservations.

Cons

The learning curve was pretty steep and very stressful for me. My old software, Webervations, ended and I had to find software to takes its place. It took a long time to get eviivo operating the way it should. eviivo uses terms and wording that is European centric. Room titles and descriptions are not expressed in terms that would be typical for American travelers. Also eviivo does not permit syncing VRBO calendar, so my VRBO reservations must be manually entered on eviivo.

It was offered for those losing Webervations. It

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Forced to make the switch as Webervations was discontinued. I had used it for many years....probably over a decade and liked it. I would not have switched if I had a choice.

Response from eviivo

Replied January 2021

Hi Peggy. I manage the US operation for eviivo. We very much value your feedback and your patronage of our All-in-One eviivo suite. I am very much aware of what happened with the migration of more than 2k users in 2019. To say there were hiccups would be an understatement. Also...as eviivo suite actually provides so very many more capabilities than your old platform, and our platform at the time leveraged a more European nomenclature, your feedback about a bit of a steep learning curve then is understandable. The good news is that in the 13 months since your migration...a lot has happened with the platform. For one all of our modules now have very universal naming conventions. For example, the booking calendar that was previously labelled the Diary, is now the Property Manager. But, the most important statement you made is about your practice of inputting your VRBO reservations manually. You absolutely do not need to do this. I will have a member of team reach out to help.

Phillip from Highclere Hotel

Feature rich and simple to use

Overall, we have enjoyed using Eviivo and have shunned many similar companies looking to entice us away. What Eviivo offers is at least equal to other providers and often more at a similar price. Using international staff, Eviivo's simplicity has meant seamless transitions for the new staff and us, and the multi-language help section helps a lot too.

Pros

Its simplicity, useability and managed profiles for security. More features than any one person needs and uptime is excellent - can't think when we last experienced any downtime.

Cons

We are a small hotel with 10 rooms, so we don't use the housekeeping feature and many others. These are great features and essential to larger operations, so this is not a negative in any way. I only mention it to emphasise that there is more to Eviivo than many of us need. Not a problem, but a fact.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Eviivo seemed to meet all our needs and was free at the time. Now the monthly fee is comparable to siteminder and others

Joy from Firefly Beach Resort

Eviivo Review

It's ok from our end but our guests are not nearly as happy with it as they were with Webervations.

Pros

It accurately keeps bookings and I don't have to be concerned about double-booking units.

Cons

- It doesn't track returning guests. - When quoting someone a price I have to manually add the room charge + tax to give them a quote from the Eviivo booking page. - Guests often miss the "guests" number when making their own reservations. - The program doesn't ask for "City" or "State" of guests so we have no idea where they are from. This has been a problem during the Covid-19 crisis. - It's nearly impossible to find a cancelled reservation. We have to know the guest's name. Please give an option to show a list of "Cancellation" to us with units, dates and names to choose from. - Room night charges are not shown on the "Charges" page. There is no way to see our guests' charges for each night in their reservation detail. - Our booking email sent from Eviivo when a guest books needs to show the unit at the top. Besides the date, the UNIT is the second most important piece of information we need.- - When a reservation is modified the guest needs an email confirmation. Eviivo should give us that option rather than make us manually find the email section and send one out. - The previous program, Webervations, allowed us to put a complete availability calendar in our website for each unit so guests could see when that cottage was available before going to the booking platform. - IN WEBERVATIONS GUESTS COULD BOOK THE SPECIFIC UNIT THEY WANTED WITHOUT SORTING THROUGH OTHER UNITS. MANY OF OUR GUESTS KNOW WHAT UNIT THEY WANT BUT NOW THEY CAN'T FIND OUT WHEN IT'S AVAILABLE.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

We rolled over from Webervations and thought Eviivo would be as good, or better, but it's not.

Response from eviivo

Replied January 2021

Hi Joy! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties. The good news is, you can do pretty much all of these things in eviivo suite! Reach out to our eviivo experts via live chat for help making the most of your subscription. -James Shepherd

Peter from Russell House Bed & Breakfast

Superb in every way

Pros

We own and run a very successful small award winning Bed & Breakfast in Northamptonshire and Eviivo was initially recommended to us by a close friend who could not recommend them highly enough. Our experience with Eviivo was nothing less than totally professional at all times, their software has been so well developed and it took us no time at all to to feel we had been using it for years - their training was second to non and really helped when starting to get to grips with the software and what we particularly liked was how flexible it was towards our business. I really cannot recommend Eviivo highly enough you made was was initially a minefield a complete pleasure.

Cons

I have none at all, everything was so well thought out and there was always someone on the end of a telephone to help out if needed.

Michele from starfish retreat

Pretty good ...I am happy with eviivo suite..just some changes would be so much better. Thanks

Pros

I find the most difficult thing about this software is that it is not designed for dummies like me. I have to get help from the Eviivo team and get shown the path. Once I see the path I can follow through, however it is not intuitive. I find uploading photos very cumbersome and the way you have to save them...lengthy. That whole platform needs to be upgraded? I think the whole thing needs to be a bit simpler to use...as mentioned it doesn't jump out at you. I like the price point, availability of help, and the result of the booking system though. Thanks Michele

Cons

As mentioned above..sorry put the "least" in the paragraph above

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo bought out Xotelia. The switch over was seamless and well done

great over all PMS

There was no PMS in place when I purchased the inn. eviivo has allowed me to run reservations much better than the previous owner.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. Intuitive GUI. Company is always working to add new features.

Cons

The Group Booking function is a bit clunky to apply discounts or promotions I have to touch each individual room booked, not at a group level, yet I can attribute payment on one to cover all.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

While the software all seemed very similar across larger companies, eviivo's sales team made me feel they would be a more personalized fit for my small inn.

Terri from Seaweed and Sod Farm Bed&Breakfast

A useful but cumbersome channel manager

I used it because it was the platform available to me through BBCanada. If I remember correctly the yearly fee was quite low (perhaps a discount through BB Canada?) Once BBCanada was working on launching their own platform I began looking for another channel manager.

Pros

I like that it managed by bookings on multiple OTA's

Cons

I found it difficult to use. The functions were not easy to find and making updates was confusing.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Free to book was a manual program. It was going to be quite expensive to be a full blown channel manager.

Donald from Wellington Creekside Lodge

Inherited this product....

Monthly costs remain where we have bookings or not.... Most of our bookings are done outside of needing Eviivo and Merchant Bank.....

Pros

Converting over from Rezovation to Eviivo got off slowly due to Bad communication; once we got rolling it went ok...

Cons

Once we were done with the conversion team we fell into a hole; where All, and I mean All communication was done on line and response we slow, until the 3rd or 4th email.... trying to find a call to call was very time consuming, and I ended up having to reach out, back to my conversion team... We have additional costs that were not there with the old software; intuit was not available for payments, so we had to switch - also with more costs to us...

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

It was a free and move forward option. We did not have the resources or money at the time to do what was needed to do a product search and analysis... You get what you pay for....

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo took them over; bought their client base, or whatever reason they want to tell you...!!!

Response from eviivo

Replied October 2020

Donald, You are absolutely correct. The migration that we put you and other RezOvation customers through during the migration from the selling entity was a poor experience for many. The US team was brand new, the seller provided an unrealistic timeline and some very poor assistance and eviivo is still sporting a black eye from the experience more than 18 months later. I am staring at your booking report and would love to chat with you on how your experience has been in the 18 months since the migration. We have enhanced the solution tremendously and our recent ratings by most have almost exclusively been 4s & 5s. I will reach out via phone to get additional feedback from you on how we can continue to improve. Thank you for your candid response. Regards, Mike Weimann GM North America

Audrey

Eviivo has been Very Harmful to our Business since Going Live

Pros

There are some useful software features to optimize OTA listings. Being able to manage multiple properties from one account is helpful.

Cons

Eviivo has been very harmful to our business since our Go Live date on 1/28/19. We expected that the Go Live process wouldn't be perfect, but their complete lack of customer support and communication concerning very urgent issues is unacceptable. Our properties are actively losing revenue every day this continues. Our customer service is suffering. We are unable to complete accounting reports and prepare monthly tax liabilities. For a company whose self-proclaimed mission is "to champion the independent sector and help small hotels, B&Bs, and accommodation providers succeed online", it is unsettling that our repeated requests for technical support have gone ignored. By limiting their clients' ability to govern their own account settings, Eviivo has made itself essential in this process. Not responding to support requests or even acknowledging them is simply unacceptable. The magnitude of the switchover from ReZovation is irrelevant; Eviivo imposed this deadline on its customers, not the other way around. The setup process was focused on making sure our properties were optimized for OTA searches rather than ensuring that our understanding of the process was clear. Most of the initial calls were a checklist to make sure we had pictures uploaded and amenities selected. Eviivo did not mention that we wouldn't be able to access something as fundamental as a Revenue Report or Occupancy Report without upgrading to the premium subscription rates. Eviivo does not understand their clientele; proactive customer service and guest recovery are important factors that differentiate small hotels from the large brands. Support isn't even available after business hours-- their business hours, not ours. Eviivo's website states that they have a guaranteed 24hr turnaround for their Support Query. Our guarantee has not been met several times over. Eviivo's indifference is inexcusable.

Response from eviivo

Replied April 2019

Hi Audrey, We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo. We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch. Regards, eviivo

Thomas from Tuckernuck inn B&B

New Booking engine/software

Overall, once the transition was done, it has been a pleasure to work with the Eviivo suite. I have found great assistance from the support team members that I have worked with to fix issues. I believe that we have a great presence on the internet with Eviivo, and as the world transitions back from the Covid-19 issues that we can have another great season. We had just transitioned to Eviivo at the end of 2018/19 season. There were a few errors on my part with the way I set up our room availability, which caused issues with the first 6 months we were with Eviivo, once I realized what I did, it took minutes to correct and presto our business took off. However 2019 was a down year for us in terms of room rentals, and of course 2020 is.....

Pros

The setup platform, and the way our B&B displays to the public. As I use the platform more and experiment with different aspects of the program, I have developed our business to a much better performing one, baring the covid-19 issues this past year and the shutdown of our B&b industry for most of our season.

Cons

At fist it was the availability of online assistance, which is still slim on Sundays. Please remember that for us small B&B's Sunday is a high traffic day, and the availability to contact assistance with an issue is still spotty to non existent.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Seamless transition. Also liked the promotional instructional video.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

No choice really, Res-nexus was going away, and this was the alternative that was offered. Yes there was other systems available but this was a seamless transition.

Christina from Whalewalk Inn & Spa

Good software selection for a B&B

We have found that the software is easy to use for us, and as time goes on they continue to update their software in ways that improve our experience as Hoteliers. We appreciate that they hear our feedback and are always working on ways to improve. We do not take full advantage of all that the software offers, such as the webpage, since we do not know how it would integrate into our google business app which is imperative to us to track our data. We would consider exploring this component more in the future, especially if video content was allowable. ie the possibility of adding 360 degree video for each room,and other videos of our property.

Pros

We like color-coded diary, the app lets you know if money is due, able to search for reservations in many ways, good selection of reports, the software is updated often to add new features and fix glitches, able to view and use on multiple devices. We are usually able to chat with customer service in 10 min or less, and they are (mostly) helpful with our issues.We have been having to reach out to Customer Service less and less.

Cons

Sometimes we have issues with the integration to our merchant account, when we enter the same info into Eviivo it fails, but when we enter it into the merchant account directly it works. Also the templates for the customer communication emails are awkward(perhaps due to British English or British preferences) and guests are confused. Thirdly it is impossible to enter our specific cancellation policy into the options that the software has for us, they say that it is because of the OTA preferrances, but in the end we have 2 cancellation policies, one for the OTA reservations and one for those who book directly with us. Of course they are both written on the confirmation letter and cause confusion.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

We felt that this would be the easiest transition for our customer data, and that we would benefit from the most training for this new software. We also hope that our loyalty for being among the first customers would be honored down the road.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo bought out the previous software and offered a fair price for a switch.

Martha from CEDAR GLEN LODGE

So Glad We Stayed!!!

We are another small property who was left without software when Expedia got rid off RezOvations. Saying that the transition was complete chaos and a nightmare with be a huge understatement. Eviivo was severely overwhelmed by having to migrate thousands of customers in such a short time without properly trained staff in the USA and with a platform foreign to our needs. Prior to the switch I already had lost confidence that Eviivo could offer us a smooth transition. Acting as quickly as I could, I tried to find other platforms and soon after realized how terrible this market is. After probably hundreds of hours researching, I quickly signed a contract with one of the main software companies in the USA. The day before we were supposed to switch over to them, I realized that this company didn't seem much better than Eviivo, so I pulled the plug and cancelled hours prior to the changeover. After a couple of months of headaches and disappointments, we are SO glad that we stayed with Eviivo. The booking engine is probably the best out there (besides one other that's obscenely expensive!) with larger pictures. Eviivo's interface with Google Hotels, Airbnb and the other major OTAs is pretty impressive and simple to use. The interface with the credit card payments, rate management, reporting and diary are pretty impressive. I cannot stress enough how wonderful their customer service is. The "chat" function is even available on Saturdays. We are very, very happy we stayed!!!

Pros

Amazing booking engine with larger pictures. Great interface with all the major platforms. Amazing reporting.

Cons

It was a very difficult start. Training was non-existing other than some videos old and outdated with horrible audio.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Interface with Google Hotels and AirBnB in addition to a better booking engine and affordability.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

The switch was involuntary as Expedia got rid off RezOvations and Eviivo was brave enough to buy its users. We decided to stay and can't be happier about it.

Molida from Kchao & Kchao Holdings LLC

Can be questionable

Pros

It provides the basic needs of any reservation software system. Being able to record gift certificates is a plus and the overall interface of it is pretty simple to understand and navigate for the most part. You're able to adjust room prices and minimum night stays and the reports aspect of it is decent too. You can customize the colors to differentiate payment statuses which always helps as well as customize and label colored flags to tag specific reservations all on the occupancy map.

Cons

The system is sluggish and very slow at loading anything. I've logged in from different computers and laptops, but it's not my personal laptop or desktop at work or my friends desktop that is making the system slow, it's the system itself. There is an update always going on and every update so far has not made the system more functional in any way or improved it by any means. I believe at one point that one of their updates had actually made the software worse. I don't like how it saves the same guest information over and over if that particular guest uses an outside third party website to make their reservations. It should be able to recognize the information and pull up that guest. It just makes it difficult to see thousands of names under the Guests Tab if you're wanting to search for a particular guest and it pulls up 10 duplicates of the same person with the same last name of the person you are looking for but with a different first name. That duplicate basically takes up the whole screen making you have to scroll until you find the guest name you're actually looking for.

Isuru from The Waves - Unawatuna

Overall a quality product

I was looking for a channel manager solution for one of my friend who runs a small hotel which has 4 different rooms. We were getting bookings from Airbnb, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and having troubles to update each and every calendar manually. Especially during the high season. I was looking for the cheapest channel manager and the Xotelia was the one. They don't have many features but definitely, cater our requirement. Initially, setup was bit painful because we had to enter all existing bookings into an excel file and then upload. Most of other channel managers like SabeeApp.com had cool features like importing all existing bookings automatically so that we don't have to do a thing. But anyway once this painful setup is over, everything works as expected. We were having some troubles when sending rates and availability to Airbnb channel. Then found out Airbnb has some high restrictions, so due to that reason Xotelia was so buggy. But it is resolved now. Now my friend who runs the hotel receive an email every morning, which room is free today, to which room guests are going to arrive today and their phone no etc.... We don't use a PMS, but this channel manager works like a one. When it comes to Customer Support, I think they are having very few number of people so, if you make a skype chat you will probably get a reply on next date. The email support also takes time unless you bug them all the time like I do. We can forget that delay in customer support because we hardly have to use them after the initial integration. The only drawback I see in this system is this is not mobile friendly. Since this is a web-based system, this doesn't display nicely on your iPhone (I double in iPad as well). You have to have a laptop with you if you are doing changes every time. But that also ok, because we get a mobile friendly email every morning that does the job.

Pros

Email sent in every morning about room status. Who is in the room, when they are going to leave, and who are going to arrive today.

Cons

Website is not mobile friendly, and there is no mobile application as well.

Response from Xotelia

Replied January 2017

Hi Isuru, Thank you very much for your email. We are very glad to hear that you are very happy using the Xotelia solution. We appreciate all the constructive comments and will use it to improve our solution. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team

Ann-Marie from High Hill Inn

Great Software for our 5 guest room B&B

From the day we got our first phone call about the possibility of using Eviivo Suite through the set up process with it and the day we "went live" with the online calendar after importing from an Excel program all the past and future reservations from our previous channel manager, we had a very good experience. The Customer Service and Sales People were very anxious to help us transition to Eviivo and to make it as stressless, seamless and smallest use of time they could. I recommend Eviivo to any size business because the Customer Service and Sales Departments know how to tailor this product to the needs of the business. We were "up and running" within a few days with few minor glitches ... mostly because I am not a high tech person and needed to learn a few things to work out the details of what I needed to do from our laptop to contribute to the set up. Customer Service goes out of their way to be sure their customer is confident and knowledgeable about how to use the Eviivo Suite and the entire array of selections offered. They surely helped us. This switch to Eviivo has been an invaluable time saver and more economical for us as well. Thank you so much Eviivo!!!! Ann-Marie Dixon, Owner, High Hill Inn B&B, Vermont (16 years in business).

Pros

I liked the ease of use of this software. All the answers to the guest bookings are at our "fingertips" with a click or two on the computer. Ease of finding the guest on the calendar, ease of running their deposit, ease of running their check-in and balance due, ease of identifying their booking agency, ease of finding their phone number. Also easy to enter manually a reservation we take over the phone or by email.

Cons

There wasn't anything I didn't like about this software!

Not applicable

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

We thought we were paying too much as a small B&B so they did not fit into our budget....especially with COVID on the rise and lockdowns in place from March - June 15 in Vermont. They had extremely long wait times on the phone to reach a Customer Service person.

Michael from Edgar House Ltd

Used by the #1 Small Hotel in the World

Our overall experience is that for us, we would have no need for any other product.

Pros

We have used eviivo since we started trading in 2010. Back then it was a PC-based product rather than web-based as it is now. Being web-based it has a zero footprint on our hardware, everyone gets the same view of the same data and updates to our room availability, and therefore updates to a potential guest's view and OTA's view of our room availability, are virtually instantaneous. That aspect is a critical feature, as indeed is the availability of access to the eviivo suite itself, and apart from the rare occasion of planned downtime, or a JCB digging through underground BT cables, we have otherwise never suffered a lack of access to the suite. It is also really easy to use (including the App version for mobile access) - certainly for the features we use, as I know there are a ton more of bells and whistles which we could tap into, but being only 7 rooms, the eviivo suite features we use at this price point are just perfect for us.

Cons

There is nothing for us to dislike. It does what it says on the tin. As for potential improvements, one thing I would really love to see is the ability to build and run bespoke reports. There are lots of canned reports to use, but sometimes there's just that little extra thing you need - but you can always ask their helpdesk

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Ease of use, great interface

Gwen from ROSE ARDEN BED & BREAKFAST

Using Eviivo

I like the web site and it is easy to get to customer support. They are always very friendly but I was never able to get to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] directly. I always had to go thru another group until I finally got her email and was able to let her know via email that there was still an ongoing problem with the billing. That has been my only concern regarding eviivo. Otherwise everything is great. As mentioned above, I took the time to try and correct the billing problem, not sure most businesses would have done that, month after month.....

Pros

Very user friendly and always available. Easy to check bookings and add my own bookings. Compared to what I used in the past, this is a breeze. Glad we were able to find out about eviivo.

Cons

We pay with our credit card and the credit card renewed with a new expiry date and code and I could not see any place on the site to add this info so I called the help line and ended up talking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She took the new information and processed it and then it happened the next month and I had to call back and then it happened again the 3rd month. She had not updated the ongoing information. I think it is finally corrected but it would have been nice if I could have updated on line and did not have to call back 3 months in a row to get it fixed. Also I wonder, if I did not call how long would it have been before someone tried to call me to find out why they were not getting the payment??

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

We were happy with the recommendation from BBCanada.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

They were no longer offering this service and they advised all their subscribers to switch to eviivo.

Jonathan from The Bishop & The Bison Hotel

Small Hotel or B&B PMS

I have been extremely happy with Eviivo so far their customer support, from sales to implementation teams, has been second to none. They have answered every question that I have had and helped me with every aspect of the technology when requested. Incredible support so far from the start

Pros

The technology suite that Eviivo offers is perfectly suited to a smaller property. I am able to run promotions on line both with the OTA's or just on my own website with just a click of a few buttons. The reporting is excellent and it enables me to see where business is coming from which helps in business making decisions in terms of marketing and sales. The front office is incredibly simple to use, from checking guests in and out to taking payments.

Cons

At the moment there isn't a capability of charging a guest credit card unless they have a reservation. We would like to sell vouchers to guests to use for future stays and the only way I can take payment is via bacs transfer (or create a fake reservation).

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Many reasons but the main one was the functionality that their technology suite offered to me as a small hotel and the price, although not the cheapest, was great value for what my suite includes.

Petra from Our Valley View Bed & Breakfast

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very User Friendly

I was using it daily until COVID19 hit. Now I am getting a large amount of cancellations, but I am also blocking my calendar.

Pros

my initial training session was very important and over time - it is quite an easy system to use

Cons

Nothing so far, but I do need to take the time and discover all that Eviivo does.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

something that was not complicated / user friendly / costs approximately $1 a day - same as Xotelia. We are a small Bed & Breakfast with only 2 suites and it was important I had an easy / efficient channel manager. The customer service support was also quite important. I do like their follow up and the reaching out to the business owners.

it was phasing out

Carol from VanCleef Homestead B&B

Wish I had picked another software!

My first season in our accommodation was nothing less than a nightmare. We decided to have Eviivo connect us with Expedia, and something went woefully wrong. We were being shown on the internet as "sold out" for many, many weeks, right during the time people would have been booking for vacations. Internally, Eviivo was unable to correct the problem without disconnecting us from Expedia, then reconnecting us - which took another 2 weeks. Then, wrong rates were posted for a period, and until a correction could be made, we lost another $450! We still have not recovered that loss. We will never recover the bookings that were lost during the time we were being shown as sold out. Additionally, we had people showing up at our B&B, and we hadn't been notified that they were coming, nor did their reservation show up on the diary. Needless to say, it was a very, very stressful season. Support has improved, but we still have money owed to us, a year later.

Pros

Not much. It did integrate with my previous system.

Cons

It is way to complex and way to many layers of complexity for the average person. It des not need to be so complex. All I need is a reservation system to accept online reservations and process payments efficiently. Simple, accurate reports would be helpful when doing taxes.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

I decided to give it a try, because Eviivo bought out my previous system - Webervations. With the current pandemic, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to reopen anyhow, so we will stick with Eviivo at the moment until we see how things work out. I have to say that the information provided about the current situation affecting travel have been informative and helpful.

Ibrahim from Crown Hotel Guesthouse

A fantastic service, highly recommended

My experience of Xotelia has been anything but positive overall. There are a few things that I wasn't happy with but you will find pros and cons to every channel manager etc The price for the amount/type of rooms you have can go up. So it is preferable for those with less or fewer types of rooms. But is still a milestone cheaper than any of the competitor such as free to book, my allocator or eviio. This is mainly because Xotelia doesn't charge commission on bookings. So you can save a lot, if you get most of your bookings on OTAs. The customer service is fantastic. My account manager Sorin was nothing but amazing. Super helpful and he really knows what he's doing. Rarely did I have a problem that he couldn't find the solution to. However, there were times that I had to pressure or spam him to get things done. There were days where he couldn't get back to me until the evening, and others where he would be with me the whole day, and I could get a lot done. But this is understandable, Xotelia is a growing company so the staff can sometimes have too much on their plate. And as we were just starting off there was a lot more to do. We also had an issue where my account manager put in the wrong codes for the rooms, which led to a few over bookings. But this was quickly and urgently dealt with. Another thing to note is that although the xotelia admin dashboard is great. You do need to spend the time to learn and get used to it. Your account manager will not do everything for you, or spoon feed you. I had to put in room codes, fill in descriptions etc. This is great at the same time because it helps you to understand the xotelia admin dashboard better. A few other nitpicks. Xotelia does not support some OTAs such as Priceline, kayak. However, there is a huge variety, including a two-way connection with Airbnb which I don't think any other channel manager offers. I was also upset that Xotelia didn't offer the automated email Trip review service for trip advisor reviews. Which their competitors free to book, and myallocator do. I contacted both xotelia and TripAdvisor regarding this matter. And got a 'no' from both. Please note that these are all issues that I have faced personally, and take nothing away from what a fantastic service this really is. The best in the market, and I will definitely be continuing to use this as my B&B progresses.

Response from Xotelia

Replied November 2016

Hi Ibrahim, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are fully satisfied with the Xotelia solution. Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Carolyn from Bondyhouse B&B

Online Business partner

We had a struggle with the learning curve when we first moved over to a vevo but became more and more comfortable with it to the point with now we are extremely comfortable. Always learning always finding out new ways of doing things

Pros

We are very happy with how evil organizes our bookings for us. The new buffering option is excellent for us during the COVID-Also very useful with the COVID-19 recommendations Staff are extremely helpful when we run into difficulties and answer all of our questions. Their response time has improved very much over over the time. We would recommend it to our Business colleagues

Cons

It would be useful if there was a more detailed manual to follow to help with the learning curve. For example I was using rate plan to change dates and prices. But then found out after many uses that all I needed to do was going to force booking. Information like that like if it FAQs it could be sent periodically with updates and changes that are happening would be useful.If I missed the memo I apologize..

Our contract with Xotilia ended. And Eviico was offered at that time

Response from eviivo

Replied January 2021

Thanks for the kind words, Carolyn! You can find detailed help guides (plus videos, webinars, Masterclasses, and eLearning modules) on eviivo University. Hope this helps! James Shephard, Territory Manager

Michael from Bee and Thistle Guest House

Beware!

Our overall experience was very frustrating, and expensive. We lost business and time. We spent many hours setting up their system, only to never be able to use it.

Pros

We were clients of Rezovation, which was purchased by Eviivo Suite. We went through the process of migrating over to Eviivo, so we did go through the training process, downloading the new calendar, etc. The system appeared to be very much like Rezovation, which we found to be an excellent system. If they get their technical problems sorted out, then this might be a very good reservation system in the future.

Cons

However, our experience was that Eviivo was never able to migrate our data over due to issues with converting currencies to Canadian dollars. They initially kept telling us that it would be corrected very soon. Then they quit responding to our phone calls and emails. During the process the old Rezovation system that they'd left running in the interim also had problems and we often had to take it down off of our website completely. We feel that we definitely lost business during the periods that we didn't have an on line booking system. We called and emailed them numerous times to at least get a progress report and, for at least the last month, they didn't even respond to our calls or answer our emails. We definitely cannot recommend this product for any Canadian companies at this time (we don't know if it's functioning elsewhere).

Response from eviivo

Replied April 2019

Hi Michael, We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo. We did experience some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you could provide us with some contact details we would like to be able to get in touch to discuss this personally with you. Regards, eviivo

Pecco from Highland Lake Inn

Best Customer Service

When I was notified that eviivo would take over Rezovation which I used for 13 years, I was worried. however, all agents of eviivo I came in contact with have performed better than I could have imagined. it is just comforting to know that a team of eviivo has your back . thank you, I love you all.

Pros

The easy use was important for me and the continuing of records I had developed by using the software which eviivo took over.

Cons

nothing, I cannot say any negative word about this product. i am a completly satisfied customer. At 72 i need a lot of support when it comes to software.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

At the time it was the easiest way to go since eviivo offered to take over my old records and guest information

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Rezovation was bought out by eviivo

Dean from Hope Springs Eternal Bed and Breakfast

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Eviivo - is an excellent professional!

Now I have more time to do other things other than being online with a channel manager - - eviivo is so easy to use - and relaxing, because it's not a cumbersome program at all - rather, it's great! Please Note - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Eviivo - is an excellent professional! I had to deal with her because eviivo needed an updated credit card. She is smart, and a very top-shelf employee, from my experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. No wonder she is already a superior leader. It clearly shows. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a winner for certain. Best Regards, Dean Rintoul (it's my wife's business and I assist her, as well as have 2 businesses myself)

Pros

The software is easy to manage, and fun to use. In 2019, we had to change providers-channel managers when Xotelia went away - and we didn't want to change but after we joined eviivo - we know it's way better than what we had before. Eviivo is awesome in my opinion.

Cons

Nothing - the software is clearly superior

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

they approached us first - and we gave it a shot - very glad we did!

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

they quit - and it was a great move to eviivo

Response from eviivo

Replied August 2020

Hi Dean. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us! We are so happy to hear you've been saving time and feeling relaxed while using My Channel Manager. It's the best! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to be a trusted partner and industry ally.

Debbie from White Pine Cabin Investors LLC

Software with a lot of options!!!

Pros

I became associated with this software when the previous software company REZOVATIONS sold to Eviivo. The transition was a bit bumpy at first but over time Eviivo has become enjoyable to use. It has a lot of capability with a lot of options. Customer service is sometimes right on with help, other times I struggle to get a solution or a satisfying answer to my question or concern. I would like to see an improvement to the the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers.

Cons

I would like to see an improvement to the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers. It would be nice to be able to preview or edit the email before you send it to your customer. Some times it becomes this software makes it difficult to change the price of a room when you book it.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

It became to difficult to switch. I really liked Rezovations!!!

We really had no choice

Bob from The Lodge at Bella Vista

Eviivo

Very frustrating dealing with European service at first. Once discovered US helpers went much smoother (even though I was told not to talk to them)

Pros

Easy to use. Customer service generally helpful.

Cons

When first joined through European group was supposed to have a tutorial for discount but they were always at 3 or 4 in morning. Very impratical. Still no follow-up to this complaint. Finally told I was to call London, Engl. Not likely. Other item was transferring Excel info from your summary to mine. When I delete so many unneces columns I should be able to save so I don't have to reinvent wheel each time. Finally, trying to figure out how to get larger font on summary sheets so can see customers name easier.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Price and value for functionality

It was closing

Stephen from Prince Albert Guest House

Great Experience

HomeAway's staff is great. Having used old Rezov Desktop version for 8 years I've had many years of experience with their software and support staff. Upon wanting to update to a web based version I used a competitor for 3 mo's and although I devoted a LOT OF TIME I switched back to Rezov and have been happy primarily due to the EXCELLENT support staff, in my opinion second only to Apple's. No one's software is perfect but having great support staff is critical and most of the same team has been with this company all these years which says a lot :-)

Pros

The Tech Support Team is Heads and Tails above the competition. I'm not sure about some of these reviews as I have had such GREAT support. Yes would like to see better reports and few other things but that happens with lot of software. The support really makes the program stand out. And I've had no problems with the booking interface. Got notice 10/2017 that the HTLM version is coming next month and with it better reports :-).

Stewart from Hemingford Associates Ltd

Perfect Partner

I find Eviivo a "perfect partner "for my business. They specialise with Guest Houses and small hotels in general and as such I feel they have a unique position in the Industry.They appreciate day to day issues at my level of the market and have support staff ready and able to advise on all issues from pricing, offers, website issues etc

Pros

We were a new start in this business. We were aware of Free to Book and Queensborough but opted for Eviivo and they have assisted us throughout. I only have to deal with Eviivo who manage the critical process of dealing with 3rd party OTA's and reconciling revenue take and commissions which is so efficient.

Cons

Nothing specific. In general I find the system relatively straightforward for my needs

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

In truth they helped us set up and we have had no reason to change or move away from them since.

ANNMARIE from Tuckernuck Inn B&B

Eviivo Booking engine

Over all we are pleased with Eviivo. The more we play around with settings and features, the more we have been able to refine things to our needs.

Pros

Set up and general usage. The way we show on third party booking sites.

Cons

Lack of direct customer support on Sundays, and the limited availability of support on Saturdays. We are a bed and breakfast and the weekends are our busiest times. Having support to resolve issues would be very helpfull.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Not an option, system was being replaced.

Sandy from Shawlee Cottage Bed and Breakfast

Software is good

As described a very comprehensive solution for an industry from Bed and Breakfast to multi room hotels. Even a person who is digitally challenged like myself working through the help desk has used it successfully for over 10 years

Pros

Very good comprehensive system essential to the smooth operation of my business

Cons

A bit challenging when it comes to changing rate plans

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

BACK UP. does not matter how good the product. If on an odd occasion you need help. People make the difference. We are starting back post Covid19 I had to re set room only rates. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in customer care help desk guided me flawlessly through a procedure I was having problems with. Top marks for product knowledge and communication skills. Exactly the reason I chose Evivo years ago.

Tiggy from Orchard House

My Eviivo review

I was asked, a few years ago, to do a filmed review for Eviivo. No problems until I was asked about support given to us by Eviivo! I indicated that they should miss that question! I really didn’t want to give such a negative reply, the only one I could give at the time! If I was to repeat the performance I would now be able to praise the support with live chat when you need it and the list of most asked questions answered etc. Well done Eviivo for listening!

Pros

The Eviivo diary and booking procedure are very easy to use and have improved with additional options especially making group bookings. I can see at a glance what rooms I have available and bookings I have.

Cons

The area I find harder to use is setting up special offers, discounts etc. I have done it but often have to get help from chat room or phone. This tends to put me off setting these up.

Armand from CEDRE ET CHARME

Bon outil de gestion des réservations

Eviivo est notre premier Channel manager. Nous avons gagné beaucoup de temps et de sécurité dans la gestion de nos réservation.

Pros

- Formation simple - Logiciel intuitif et facile à utiliser (planning, gestion des tarifs) - Synchronisation des plannings et des tarifs avec la plupart des acteurs majeurs du marché

Cons

- Abonnement un peu élevé pour une petite structure comme la notre. Mais semble être dans les mêmes prix que les concurrents directs d'Eviivo - En 2 ans et demi, nous avons eu subit deux interruptions de services pour quelques heures. - Le fait de basculer sur une page eviivo depuis notre site (avant, nous avons notre propre page de réservation en ligne) n'est pas forcement le mieux. Notre propre site ne bénéficie plus des clics sur la page de réservation.

shane from Linville River Log Cabins

Great help from support

Today my overall was GREAT! after three days trying to reach support, calling, using self help and trying to chat I got no one. I have five riverside log cabins and I was adding a sixth. I was rusty on all the set up criteria and needed help for three days. I forget how I reached him exactly but when I reached [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] he answered every question and helped me by actually making a couple changes on things I was having difficulty with and walking me through other items. Probably had 5 or 6 different unfinished items to go live. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped through all of it. It was just hard to reach a person. When I did it all went well.

Pros

It can do anything a vacation rental owner can possible think of.

Cons

More selections when setting up for small users and not big hotels.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

it was easier to do the transition.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo bought the company is my understanding.

Ronnette from Staybrighton Ltd

An excellent platform for the small hotelier and great company to deal with

ability to simply and seamlessly manage my hotels ability to be on many OTAs with differentiated pricing without limited risk of over-bookings

Pros

easy to use intuitive to set up good customer service - especially from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Have now got used to the chat function. how the software is constantly evolving with new features and reports etc

Cons

screen footprint - we used to be able to see all of our rooms without scrolling but cannot anymore not integrated with hostelworld.com (would switch my other sites No audit trail of issues raised/resolutions Inability to write private/internal only notes which do not appear on guest correspondence inability to split bookings - eg group bookings with different start and end dates, or where guest will move rooms during a stay

Gretel from Rancho Labradores

Good product

I used this Software for a year. It is a good product if you have a small Hotel. They don't offer PSM, only channel manager. It is easy to use, but they created a Beta version for bookings and I started to get overbookings. I try to contact technical supper several times, and they answered me like one month later. I had to be very careful with the Beta version, because of that. After one year contract, I decided to try another product, with better costomer service. And with PSM to make my life easier.

Pros

Very easy to use. You can use it in any computer with internet. Easy to find reservations, cancellations, etc.

Cons

Very slow customer service. They don't answer fast when you have the problem and need to solve it in that moment. They don't have live chat. The beta version has many mistakes, like over bookings. The mobile version is not very friendly, very small, not really for smartphones.

Response from Xotelia

Replied December 2016

Dear Gretel, Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied is the quality of our solution. Indeed, some features are in Beta version but for most of them you should be able to use them at their full potential very soon. Kind regards, The Xotelia Team

Christopher from Albion Enterprises LLC

Great Product, Once Teething Problems Were Addressed

Pros

The Eviivo suite is generally very user-friendly and interfaces well with Online Travel Agencies. Customer support is generally good and usually accessible very promptly.

Cons

The transition to the Eviivo suite was very problematic, not helped by having little or no customer support at that time (Spring 2019). Clearly the company/team were completely overwhelmed but we had no idea what was going on, as we (generally) got no response to requests for support by email or voicemail. Hopefully that was a one-off, as customer support is now generally good. The most annoying remaining issue is that, at our subscription level, customers cannot make reservations online using American Express. This is hard to fathom for a product being sold in the USA and we feel certain that this has cost us business.

Webervations no longer supported

Laura from The Sunshine Inn

Easy to use software

Switching software is always a challenge because it is different and not what you are use to. Eviivo suite is very user friendly and didn't take long to learn all the in's and out's.

Pros

Eviivo is very user friendly. I took the tutorial offered, and after watching that it wasn't that hard to initially set up.

Cons

Once you are live some things are locked in and you need to get help if you want to change things up. But this is very easy to do. Someone is available on live chat to help you out.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo bought out the company webervations that I was using and so I switched and stayed on with eviivo. They made the transition very seemless and I am glad that a stayed.

Lynne from Nutmeg Inn

Total Disaster of a Reservation Software

Eviivo is an innkeeper's worst nightmare. When we adopted a new, better software and disconnected Eviivo from all of the OTA's, Eviivo had the nerve to charge us THREE MONTHS worth of fees to disconnect, despite the fact that this was not mentioned in any sign-up documents or by any tech support personnel. When we didn't immediately pay the fee, Eviivo maliciously went back into Expedia and reconnected our listing to them causing multiple double-bookings. These folks are bad news. Stay away.

Pros

There were no redeeming qualities to this software.

Cons

This software was difficult to implement and use. Eviivo provided literally NO customer support, and they messed up our listings with OTA's..............erroneous pictures, descriptions, poor quality and size of photos, you name it, they did it wrong. We lost a 6-year, five-star listing on Bed & Breakfast .com along with four years of customer records. The transition from RezOvation to Eviivo cost us time, money, and 10% of our previous year's bookings, and gave us months of stress and worry. These people are incompetent and uncaring about customer needs.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Eviivo took over ResOvation and we had no time to search for and evaluate other products before the takeover. We have since switched to ResNexus, a far better alternative. Their customer support is superior, the product is easier to use, there was a lot of time spent training us, and the transition was virtually seamless (excepting Eviivo interference with the OTAs). ResNexus makes Eviivo look like an app that someone developed in a market/customer vacuum. Glad to be rid of them.

Sheri from Hospitality

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Eviivo has cost our business time and money. I am now looking to replace eviivo with another booking engine. It's a shame that the customer service is so lacking because I really had hoped I would like their product. Especially after being on Webervations for 15 yrs which saw virtually no improvements to their calendar despite so many technical advancements in that timeframe which really makes my point...how could eviivo be so much worse than the antiquated and outdated Webervations? At least Weber worked reliably and never cost me reservations.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Booking engine is NOT working. Their customer service is NON EXISTENT. Phone calls go to voice mail, emails unanswered, support tickets unanswered, online chat spotty at best.

Cons

This booking engine is unreliable at best. Since going "live" 2 weeks ago I have not received a reservation thru eviivo because it doesn't work. I have received calls from guests who were unable to complete their booking online which was exactly my experience after I conducted my own test to ensure their system was actually functioning. My test booking never went thru...just kept cycling back to the reservation page. I am 2 weeks into this and have not even received a phone call back from eviivo and the booking engine is still NOT working. The customer service is NON EXISTENT. No one answers the phone, their online chat support is not staffed and most often is unavailable, email and support tickets go unanswered. I have a small lodging property and pride myself on being responsive to the requests of my guests. I am dumbfounded by the total lack of regard eviivo has for their customers. Each day that goes by without the booking engine working properly is costing my business revenue and disservicing my guests. Here are more negatives: 1. The address field asks only for a zip code and not the guests full address. Why? 2. The Discover card and Amex logos do not appear as accepted forms of payment even if your business accepts them. 3. The confirmation letter generated is poorly worded, is largely not customizable and is confusing for a guest to understand. 4. The booking page uses language native to the UK but not the US. Ex: Forename and Surname vs First and Last name.

Response from eviivo

Replied April 2019

Hi Sheri, We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Weber. We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch. Regards, eviivo

clyde from Camaray Motel

Very poor as compared to their desktop version.

We LOVED LOVED LOVED the old desktop version. Lived with it for nearly 6 years. But January 1st required us to abandon that and use the new web version. If they maintain their previous commitment to listen to what the customer needs, they might address all the deficiencies of their new system. I have detailed out over 9 such deficiencies in a letter to homeaway (now the owner of RezOvation Web). I have spent hours researching other programs in the past and for the price never found one to match the capabilities of RezOvation desktop. But now I will be looking again because we are now charged a monthly subscription (as most now do) and find the new system cumbersome. (we were familiar with the desktop version within hours of putting it to use, but now after a month we are still struggling to get to the places we need to be)

Pros

As with their old desktop version, this system does great when it comes to features like: moving or resizing reservations with a drag of the mouse, producing housekeeping and revenue reports, ability to add rooms to an existing reservation, changing the price of any or all rooms. Technical support is quite phenomenal during business hours. Very responsive via phone. Less so via email.

Cons

As compared to their just retired desktop version, this new system has several problems. 1. We can now no longer see all of our rooms in a single screen shot. Of our 40 rooms, over a 1/3 require scrolling up. 2. Choosing rooms for a reservation takes more care and attention because the room order for the reservation window is ordered differently than for our occupancy map. Also, it now shows all rooms whether available for the selected dates or not (before it only showed available rooms with an option to show "all rooms." 3. In the process of entering a guest, if upon first entry there is no existing guest, it is cumbersome to get out of that screen to add a guest. Before if we entered the name and it didn't exist it was a single click to add the new guest. 4. Increased clicks to accomplish almost everything compared to the old system.

Sean from Ripplewood

August 2016

7 years of pulling my hair out...

So many growing pains! We've had the software for about 7 years, and I have really mixed feelings. This product has so much potential, but it seems that it's being executed poorly at times, with perhaps some questionable development decisions. When we first began using the software, we had a credit card terminal to process payments, but opted to use the internal credit card processing for a more streamlined process. Initially, there were a lot of problems getting the systems end-of-day to correspond with the credit card processing end-of-day. This resulted in a challenge in reconciling our bank statement, because the amounts funded did not match the daily totals from the system. After a lot of time spent working on this, we were able to have this situation resolved, and the system worked okay for quite awhile. RezOvation is locked into using one of two (the second recently added) credit card processors. This in and of itself might not be a bad thing, except that in this case the primary processor is Intuit Payment Solutions. Intuit has chosen to implement policy restrictions on issuing refunds which boggles the mind. After 90 days has passed from the date of the charge, it's impossible to issue a refund back to the card that was charged. Unacceptable! For a resort that takes advance deposits, this is an unnecessary burden. It creates delays, additional workload, and negative guest experiences. Accuracy of reporting is a critical part of any PMS. It seems a lot of hotel software I have tried has an achilles heel in the reporting, not necessarily all reports, but each product seems to have at least one area that is questionable. RezovationGT is no different. On the Daily Summary report, there are categories that show totals for groups, and for advance deposits taken/ used which have no supporting reports to show how those totals are calculated. This makes it difficult to audit if the day is out of balance. The online segment of RezOvation is also very difficult to deal with. We originally had it set up so our guests could make reservations through our website via Webervations. It seemed to work okay at first, but then they went through a PCI compliance audit, and changed how payments were taken. The payments became "tokenized," so you could not see card details within the system. There were other issues with this process as well as batch-out time issues, which made it a no-go for us.

Pros

Ease of use. Support is always available during normal business hours, and no wait time. Customization of reports and letters. Automated letters for reminders and follow-up with guests. Excellent up-time. No Night Audit process necessary.

Cons

The largest problem I have with this product is the lack of ability to choose your own credit card processor. You are basically stuck with two options, Intuit (awful), and InnPayment which I have not tried yet. Our resort takes advance deposits up to one-year in advance of arrival. Many of our guests return year after year, and so opt to make their next year's reservation when departing. The problem arises if their plans change... Intuit will not allow a refund to a credit card after 90 days has passed, which means we have to write a company check. This might not seem like a huge problem, but the additional workload for doing refund checks, combined with the delays in check processing for our European customers makes it a customer service nightmare. I like the amount of customization options in the reports and letters, but the lack of code for certain things bothers me. Also, the lack of supporting detailed reports for some daily reporting totals (adv. deposits used) makes auditing difficult at times. The real problem seems to be the lack of supporting reports. For example, there is a daily summary report which has values for many categories, cash, visa, gift certificates, revenue, taxes, advance deposits, etc. The problem is that with some of the totals, you don't have access to a detail report to support the total, so it's difficult to audit out of balance issues. They have been working on it gradually, but there's still a couple of categories that need detail reports

David from Full House Bookings

Complete Package, great value.

Overall I have been very impressed over the 10+ years I have used their software. I have dabbled with other options but none are as complete and reliable.

Pros

Compared to similar solutions the eviivo suite is a very complete and well designed bit of software. There are fairly regular updates and improvements and the customer service and support is brilliant.

Cons

The multi-property version needs a few tweeks, for example on one tab you can select a property move to another tab and it has a different property selected which can cause you to change details on the wrong one. Not a huge issue if you are paying attention but it has caught me out a couple times

chr from Gästehaus

Ein sehr schlechtes Programm!

Von 2018 bis Sommer 2019 habe ich versucht mit EVIIO zu arbeiten. Der Testmonat wurde überschritten mit Schulungen, so dass ich für 1 Jahr das Programm an der Backe hatte. Mein Fazit: EVIÍVO ist unübersichtlich, umständlich und grottenschlecht in der Bedienung! Nach vielen Diskussionen bin ich zu einem anderen Programm gewechselt, und zwar nach der rechtzeitigen Kündigung, bereits ca. 4 Monate vor Ablauf des Vertrages. EVIIVO hatte darüber keinerlei Kenntnis und berechnete stumpf - ohne die Kündigung zu bestätigen - weitere Monate nach Ablauf der Frist. Nach meinem Hinweis, dass ich fristgerecht gekündigt hatte, wurde das Programm sofort und vollständig abgeschaltet, auch für das vorhergegangene Jahr. Ich hätte keine Chance gehabt, auf Gästeliste, Kundenkartei, erstellte Rechnungen etc. zurück greifen, die ich allerdings mit Hilfe des neuen Anbieters rechtzeitig gesichert hatte. Durch die rechtzeitige Kündigung, die ich allerdings intensiv und nachhaltig einfordern musste, konnte ich EVIIVO canceln. NIE WIEDER!!! Das grenzt an Betrug!

Pros

Ich kann nichts Positives berichten. Die Kenntisnahme zur Kündigung musste sehr energisch eingefordert werden.

Cons

Die Schulungen wurden über den Testmonat hinausgezögert, so dass der Folgevertrag griff. Das Aussteigen wird bei EVIIO nicht leicht gemacht!

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Preiswertes Angebot von EVIIVO mit kostenfreiem Testmonat. Leider gingen aber die Schulungen über den Testmonat hinaus, so dass der Vertrag zu Stande kam.

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Ich suchte ein Programm, dass Schnittstellen bedienen kann.

Response from eviivo

Replied June 2020

Sehr geehrte Frau Kraak, es tut uns leid, dass es bei der Abschaltung Ihrer eviivo suite zu Problemen gekommen ist. Bitte beachten Sie, dass die direkte Abschaltung unsererseits nur auf ausdrucklichen Wunsch erfolgt. In der Kundigungsbestatigungs-Email weisen wir ebenso grundsatzlich darauf hin, zu welchem Datum diese Abschaltung erfolgt und es wird empfohlen, alle notwendigen Informationen vorher extern zu speichern. Wir werden Sie zeitnah kontaktieren, um mit Ihnen personlich die Situation zu losen. Viele Gru?e David von eviivo

Valerie from La maison de pierre et valerie

Une catastrophe, servi le client absent qui ne rappelle jamais

Je cherche à partir en ayant le moins de perte d’exploitation...

Pros

Le logiciel est bien mais c’est bien la seule chose. Même l’application n’est pas pratique quand on a plusieurs établissements

Cons

Une catastrophe !!! Je ne vais pas m’étendre sur les tarifs flous, cachés, qui augmentent et des factures illisibles. S’il n’y avait que ça encore on accepterait. Non, cela fait 9 mois que j’envoie des tableaux détaillés avec copie écrans des erreurs monstrueuses sur la remontée d’information sur tous les sites de réservations : photos qui n’appartiennent pas à notre établissement, on fait le petit dej (alors que non), on propose une piscine (non sûrement pas), aucun Equipement... la liste est longue. Erreur à répétition, on peut expliquer, montrer, envoyer des mails, s’énerver, rester calme.. rien ne se passe. Il y a eu de graves erreurs sur le paramétrage des règlements, j’ai du rappeler des clients qui étaient partis pour avoir le règlement. Perte d’exploitation importante, ils refusent de l’entendre... Car une chose est sure. Ce n’est jamais de la faute d’eviivo. C’est vous qui ne comprenait pas bien ce qu’ils vous expliquent. Je vous dirai bien allez ailleurs mais malheureusement pour nous nous cherchons encore le Channel manager qui fera juste son travail. Mais je vais m’y atteler. Sinon optez pour des calmants !

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

La plateforme semblait la plus complète. Elle m’avait été proposait par un site de réservation et semblait serieuse.

August 2016

Andrew from Les 2 Alpes Appartements.

Very helpful systems

I began looking for a channel manager about 2 years ago. I was advertising my 2 holiday rental apartments on 2 websites and was looking for more exposure. I had already experienced the dreaded "double booking" an unpleasant and sometimes rather expensive situation, which I was determined should never happen again, a more professional approach was required.

Pros

Xotelia is a straightforward set up, with very good support. It allows me to advertise on several international sites, with no chance of the dreaded "double booking" Regular updates remind me of any upcoming and new bookings. The software is quick and easy to access. The customer support is second to none.

Cons

Office hours. No bridge to my local Tourist office reservations.

Response from Xotelia

Replied August 2016

Dear Andrew, We are happy to hear our solution fits your need. We are looking forward a long lasting collaboration! Cheers, The Xotelia Team

Fiona from Craster Tower Penthouse Apartment

A great product, to which we were introduced when we started out 14 years ago.

They have always tried to be helpful whenever we have asked, and were good enough to make us one of their finalists as a "quirky stay". I have the feeling however that they are now so big and successful that the single product client (as opposed to the multiple owner or large chain) is more of a nuisance - especially one who isn't really "into" all the social media exercise.

Pros

It takes the strain of managing the calendar - and in so doing keeps us on the level

Cons

They have revised the boking system, and while it is very clever we find it also very confusing because the online instructions for use are complicated perhaps inevitable because it is so clever!

July 2016

Philippe from Le Moulin des Forges

July 2016

A Fantastic tool to manage a guesthouse business

The Xotelia software is extremely reliable. It save a lot of time by condensing all calendars in a same and unique system.

Pros

Its easy to make a booking, easy to find a reservation among all others. Great to be able to send a confirmation with all the necessary details for the guests

Cons

The Office of tourism software called "suite logiciel Ingenie" do not match your criteria, therefore It's impossible to share their calendars

Response from Xotelia

Replied July 2016

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! You are our best ambassador :)

Vera from The Pig Hill Inn Corp.

eviivo suite Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing.

Pros

Detailed, relatively easy to learn. However, without the assistance of some of Eviivo's representatives, I would have been desperate. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is totally incredible. She is kind, knowledgeable, patient, and ready to offer assistance. With her help I have been able to resolve several major issues regarding the eviivo set up. I am so happy I can turn to her for guidance. Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!

Cons

Tedious process of acquiring the potential guests addresses. But that, after almost two years, has been rectified.

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

The main reason was allegedly a simple transfer which was not quite the case.

Webervations closed their doors