(8,190)

8,190

(2,941)

2,941

• Pros

• "Super easy to use. Nice to be able to access everything anywhere"

• "So easy to use and each products integrates with the other. Support is awesome!!"

• "I love this, it is by far the most useful and needed tool for work and school "

• Cons

• "This software is great, but it tends to hang sometimes. "

• "It's great but some of the online-only versions of the traditional office software are a little bit basic "

• "Occasionally crashes, but it's usually resolved in the next release."

Browse Microsoft 365 Reviews

Oscar from SOLUCIONES Y SERVICIOS INTEGRALES TELCO SA DE CV

Office 365 - Good for general use

We liked a lot. We managed to unify all the administration of licensing, mail and storage in a single tool which helped us save money.

Pros

The storage it gives is superior to others for both cloud storage and mail, this has been one of the things that made us acquire the complete suit.

Cons

The integration with third parties has not been the same as with our previous provider, which was Gsuit. The ease of having an account for everything and being able to share with clients was degraded a bit.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The aim was to unify administration and increase capacities. This tool did everything.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Having a single vendor for software, mail, and storage was important to us, it helped us increase operational capacity and simplify the management of collaboration tools.

I preferred the old school version of Office (and by Office I mean Excel)

It would be easy to use in lots of places on different devices, but I only wish to use it on my desktop PC. As a result I feel that functionality has been sacrificed for networking features, which I broadly don't use or care for. If there were a downloadable hard drive resident version I would jump at it. So as a power user of Excel I'm disappointed.

Pros

I don't know that there is anything I like about this version compared to the previously installed version on my hard drive. I suppose sharing and being up to date with the latest version but that was never something I had a problem with before.

Cons

It (Excel) struggles to handle complicated formatting, for example, and I had to ditch some files with complex visual presentation, and in my view their are now over-simplified, and that's so they don't hang or crash. This is the sort of thing the hard drive resident application never struggled with. Conditional formatting layered up is the sort of thing that causes problems. So I'd say I'm not using all the features because it's not possible if you want a stable file. (I have a high spec set up and high speed ISP so I don't expect performance problems)

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Familiarity as an existing user, plus the free storage space on One Drive. I chose it over Google Sheets (Excel being 99% of my use of Office365) because I want a hard copy on my computer that I'd be able to open if the internet was down, although I'm not sure now that it would actually do that. So it was a lack of choice really, and line of least resistance. Bring back the installed version!

John from Katerra

Good Feature Set but Still a Ways to Go

I believe that most companies signing up with Microsoft for email get an attractive deal for Office 365 as an included package. That makes the offering worthwhile. The office tools online are getting better but still have a ways to go. Online access and collaboration is worth the extra cost for Office 365 but just don't expect to have it transform your life completely.

Pros

The cloud availability and collaboration capabilities are definitely the best features of Office 365. It's nice to be able to access email, files and my tools from any device anywhere. That gives me freedom to not have my laptop with me in every situation. I love the ability to share and collaborate on documents with teammates and have a central location for us to all share files and ideas.

Cons

The tools are just not robust enough yet and in the case of SharePoint and Teams, they are downright clunky. We have all been spoiled over the years with the excellent products Microsoft has developed for their Office platform. The many generations of these products have given us business tools that we legitimately could not do without. Power Point is very good, Word is excellent, and Excel cannot be be beaten. However, their cloud counterparts still fall noticeably short of the client offerings. Yes, you can choose to edit your online doc in the client version but you actually must to access some of your favorite functionality. That is irritating and you find yourself just defaulting to the client if you feel like you have even marginally heavy lifting to do. SharePoint and Teams, in my opinion, are great ideas that don't yet have a positive user experience to make them must-have tools.

Manuel from Marketing & Advertising

Great productivity suite but you need to get used to it

I definitely recommend it for three reasons: one, the office tools are the best in their category (Word, PoerPoint, etc...); two, it is not expensive compared with other subscription services ((I pay around 15 euros a month); and three, it is improving and adding more features and tools all the time. Despite same flaws, it is a very good deal.

Pros

It offers a lot. It is not only about the apps that we all know (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). It is also about task management with To Do and Planner. Robust document sharing with Sharepoint, drawing with Whiteboard (awesome tool) or managing your email with Outlook. The range of tools that Microsoft offers for the 365 subscription is simly astonishing and it gives you pretty much all you need for the day to day management of your work.

Cons

Log in management is an issue with Microsoft. You sometimes get logged off for no reason and then your password is not recognized. You have to dig into the customer service forums to find solutions. As customer service is nonexistent, you are on your own.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google's office tools are simply not as good as Microsoft's. I also prefer to work with desktop applications and that is something that is not possible with G Suite.

Youssef from WonderEight

Industry: Information Services

A full suite of productivity tools for medium businesses and enterprises

Been using Microsoft 365 to a ground of 45 employees and never faced any issues. Configuration is very easy both from an administrator and a user point of view.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is full suite of software that includes the best email services in addition to the best productivity software: word, excel, powerpoint and outlook. I like the pricing model that moved from having to buy Microsoft office licenses yearly to a subscription basis where you get the latest products from Microsoft.

Cons

I can hardly think of anything I don't like. Adding some of the premium microsoft applications to your Microsoft 365 package can be a bit expensive (such as Visio and Ms Project who aren't in the microsoft 365 standard packages)

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft has the best email service (Microsoft Exchange Online) and the office apps we're familiar with are all included in Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 Makes Me Feel Alive! 10/10

From beginning to end my daily processes rely on 365, and all 365 days of the year... I want to be using this Microsoft software.

Pros

This product has everything from the Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint, as well as so much more. I wouldn't want to have my Email through any other service due to the great customizations of 365.

Cons

We've had very minor negatives about the software, but if I had to say, I'd say we only use a small percentage of all the services provided, which is a bummer, but the basic is all we need (if that makes sense).

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

365 has everything! Also with the latest updates to Microsoft Teams... our organization couldn't thrive without Teams + Outlook + everything else that Microsoft releases so well!

Irene from Metafrasma Ltd.

Industry: Translation and Localization

Overall good but can be improved

I am happy in general. If the above gets fixes, I will be happier.

Pros

Installation and use are easy and familiar. In addition, everyone uses Word and Excel nowadays. Microsoft Outlook handles multiple email accounts simultaneously.

Cons

Outlook has problems frequently, does not indicate you have email messages in other accounts set-up if you are working on the primary account. Opening Word files with extensively edited content with "track changes" makes Word very slow or crashes.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

This suite is more popular than the others and most documents I receive are in Word.

Ernie from Emi Agency

If you haven't tried Microsoft Office in a while, you need to take a look.

Pros

It's still Microsoft Office, so it's as familiar as riding a bike, but it's all tricked out now. It connects, and works with everything you need to right now.

Cons

Some compatibility issues at times with .ics calendar attachments being understood. No other issues to report!

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Previously using G Suite products in consulting roles. End of those tenures allowed me to transition to a new product.

Andy from Montgomery Group

Microsoft 365 - All the Tools in One Place

Absolutely content with all of the software I need to run my business online.

Pros

Being able to access 365 on any device is a huge advantage as I communicate with clients both on the move with mobile and laptop. The essence of being able to share and collaborate with my clients is an essential part of my professional services.

Cons

Not a lot I can say about cons here although maybe the pricing could go down a little bit for users who are loyal or commit to longer license terms.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Open Office has much less features than 365 but is still pretty good for an open source package. However, if you are a business professional then Microsoft 365 is better for businesses who want to connect professionally with their clients.

MS 365 Review

The overall experience with Microsoft 365 is a good, positive one. A lot gets done with all of the functionality needed to create documents and presentations.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is very versatile and easy to use. It is user friendly. It is an all in one fix. You can accomplish many things with MS 365. All the tools are at your hand ready to be used. It is very useful and functional.

Cons

The software is very good. It can be pricey but overall it offers so much and has many needed tools for school, home and the work place. There is Libre Office which is basically the same and it does what MS 365 does but it is free so that would be a con of MS 365.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Was installed and purchased before knowing what Libre Office can do and all of its capabilities.

Robyn from Self-employed

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Microsoft 365 has all you need in one software.

I use Microsoft 365 on my Windows laptop at home and the go as well as on a Windows desktop while working on campus as a student. I also occasionally use the mobile version of the apps on my Android phone. I first got introduced to this software as a first-year student at University. The software suite was part of my registration package. Before then I didn’t see the need to pay for it but to my surprise, now I can't live without it. The templates that come with the apps make aesthetically pleasing documents as simple as clicking a button. Microsoft 365 subscription made it much easier to do the dreaded group assignments as Microsoft has made it easy to collaborate simultaneously in PowerPoint and Word. Another bonus for me was that I didn’t have to carry my laptop with me every day to campus because when I needed to work there, all I had to do was log into my account on any of the campus desktops and immediately have access to my work. Now that I’m not a student anymore, unlike before, I am now more than willing to pay the annual subscription fee.

Pros

The suite has everything you need to start and run your business, even during a pandemic. Ease of access to your work wherever, whenever. Real-time collaboration with others in PowerPoint and Word. Access to your all-time favorites like PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and many other apps all in one subscription. No additional cost for updates. 1TB cloud storage

Cons

Lacks when it comes to customizability. Mobile features have some limitations. The Mobile version isn’t as intuitive as the desktop version Its subscription base prompts you to keep paying in perpetuity.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I liked the additional features that Microsoft 365 has to offer.

Mohsin from Extreme Web Technologies Ltd

Microsoft 365 has helped us collaborate easily with a remote team

Microsoft 365 has helped us collaborate easily and transform digitally across various processes in our business.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is reliable and always online. We have seldom faced an outage and if there was one, it was only for a subset of features.

Cons

Mobile app could be more powerful, especially in allowing access to archived mailboxes where users on the move in this mobile first world need to be able to find what they need on the go.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Our users are well versed with Office Software products so it was definitely a plus being from the same vendor.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Storage, file management and server administration

Arnaldo from Southworks

A company must have

I have been using Office 35 from the moment I start my professional life, each company that I have passed by they have Office 365 in the toolset. You are not going to use your personal email for business matters, you use an office 365 email account. You don't use your pen and notebook to present the progress of your work, you go with a PowerPoint presentation. You don't share a list of clients or products in a chat message, you share an Excel file in your company Sharepoint. You don't call a client or your coworkers with a Whatsapp video call, you open your Outlook calendar and schedule a Teams meeting. That my company uses Office 365 makes my work daily life easier, and I would recommend the same for everyone else.

Pros

Office brings a box full of tools that any employee in a company of more than five people will need. You will need to send emails (Outlook), you will need to create documents (Word), you will need to create presentations for clients and other coworkers (PowerPoint), you will need to be able to create videoconference meetings (Teams), you will need to share documents and have it accessible (Sharepoint), and the list could go on. Microsoft has a tool that has been the king of office matters from the moment they created it and is not for nothing. All of the tools inside the package are the best tool in the market for each of their purposes.

Cons

Is expensive, and that goes with each individual product of Office. Is something that a company can pay and is totally worth it, but for personal use, small startups, or freelancing, is a product that probably you cannot afford. They could provide a community version with tons of fewer features and still would be really well received.

Chirag from Risk Administration Services, Inc.

Excellent office productivity with Microsoft 365

The overall experience has been very good. We have great uptime and speed. All products have similar look and feel to them. Newcomers find it easy to adapt to it. Governance is easy and there aren't many questions arising from its use. We feel productive with Microsoft 365.

Pros

Unification of information is a terrific asset with Microsoft 365. We use SharePoint for document management and news, OneNote for meetings, OneDrive for storage, Exchange for email, ADFS for accounts and more. In a single spot, we can manage our day to day business needs and collaboration with our customers. This unification also allows us to perform excellent IT governance.

Cons

Microsoft 365's analytics are poor but getting better each month. It is difficult for us to understand usage of SharePoint. We would love to understand summarization of incoming and outgoing emails without needing in-depth analysis by person. It's there but there are limitations; we can't do planning surrounding the analytics Microsoft 365 provides.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Users were very adaptable to Microsoft 365. We noticed that even if we had G Suite, we would need Office productivity products. Instead of expending on multiple products, we chose to go with Microsoft 365 and unify our business productivity needs in a single vendor. Our other infrastructure also relied on some on-prem and some cloud products from Microsoft, which made it easier for us to make a turn towards Microsoft 365. Microsoft 365 also allowed us to use Visio, MS Project and other tools with relative ease.

Microsoft at its best

The solution provided by Microsoft is very solid and part from the fact the shared space is not really optimal, there are a lot of improvements coming forward, and lots of possibilities offered by Microsoft 365, to help organisations (business, school, etc...) into making work easy from the office or remotely.

Pros

A lot of tools and software available for office work, communication and file sharing. The possibility to mix licenses based on the users' needs. Teams is a very powerful collaboration tool allowing users to discuss, have meeting and work on the same files, instantly.

Cons

Every users come with a 1TB of space, available through OneDrive, but the share space, in sharepoint, is only 1TB itself and there is no option to use the users' space as Team shared solution in order to take advantage of the total amount of space available. If you have 10 users in your team, you technically have 1TB (sharepoint) + 10TB (OneDrive) available, but you can only use the 1TB as a shared space in Teams.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

We were using different tools for different needs and needed to centralize everything into one eco-system, which is why we switch to Microsoft 365, allowing us to share our work easily while being able to communicate by writing and/or voice, at the same place.

GIOVANNI from Capgemini

popular platform

M365 it is absolutely the most popular platform for office and collaboration among the enterprise organization and it has a complete set of appl like Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, onedrive the office suite [Word, excel, powerpoint, access, etc]. Currently represent the standard especially of the use of word and excel. SInce it is a cloud platform represent a good solution to share the same content from different device, but most useful is the ability to have a persistent personal backup with onedrive. Personally i feel that the need of client access is still an old conception, that lock the user and especially push the organization to the need to install and upgrade the client side. Personally i don't like the "Teams" organization, the navigation some time is really inefficient. in a comparison with G-Suite probably in the next feature we will see more an increment of the diffusion of G suite that il more common among mobile users

Pros

- well know platform among enterprise organization - good support services - excel have no easy alternative - the best solution on Win OS

Cons

- mostly is optimal the use of the client and and less the web usage - in big size company it need a strong effort to manage the client installation on laptop - Sharepoint often appear too complicate for the feature that offer

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

it is just a constraint due to a company choice for professional use

David from Religious Institutions

Industry: Medical Devices

Microsoft 365 - for home AND work use

I've been using Word and Excel etc. both at home and at various jobs at work for probably 30 years and have appreciated the increase in functionality as new releases were launched. I liked the way Microsoft kept the products separate yet working the same where possible. Its also good you only need to install what you need and/or install later if did become necessary. Anyone at work (at several companies) that didn't have basic word processing and spreadsheet skills were in a limited career path; but its easy for (almost) anyone to get started with basic functions to get the job done. Office 365 came with my new laptop for home use and I use it so often I ended up signing up for the full version. I use it frequently for many different kinds of documents or presentations or spreadsheets.

Pros

I like how all the individual apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint work together with the same look and feel throughout; but you only have to install the apps you need.

Cons

I didn't like the annual subscription and cost that goes with that. The other thing was finding where a specific function was moved when they come out with a new major release.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Although it wasn't free, we went to MS 365 because we didn't want the inevitable compatibility issues using other software.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

MS Word was SO much easier and by then everyone had a PC on their desk instead of a dumb terminal, and it was WYSIWYG where Text Management was very much not that simple.

The Ultimate Work from Anywhere Tool

Making the switch from older tech (Skype for Business, Office apps) was one of the best decisions or IT department made. As a result of these were were able to transition smoothly to working remotely with minimal loss of productivity. The ability to still download certain apps so that power users can have full capabilities and for offline is also very good. The money we spend on the licenses is easily offset by the cost savings of not having to travel for meetings.

Pros

The Teams app is one of the features I love most about Microsoft 365. The ability to call any member of your organization with a few clicks is a nice step up from using phone lists and paying long distance phone call rate. Each meeting you set up automatically becomes a workspace for chatting, sharing files, writing meeting notes which remain for as long as you need them. You can also invite users from outside your organization. The ability to view, share, and edit documents made with other Office apps is also very useful. The security integration features with Microsoft 365 also makes it easy for IT to grant or revoke access to countless other systems all from on central location.

Cons

The file sharing and collaboration tool tool usually works well but I have noticed a few instances of "merge errors" when working on a shared file. This has resulted in OneDrive creating new copies of some of my files to distinguish the local version from the shared version when it can't merge my changes with the shared version. It a bit annoying because you may then have to merge manually or redo changes.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The company's needs evolved.

Jennifer from Guffey Community Charter School

Microsoft 365 for School

Overall, Microsoft 365 is an exceptional program that exceeds what is necessary for school, work, etc. Microsoft 365 is easy to use with a clean, concise layout. There are multiple programs to fulfill any need. If you do not know how to use a certain feature, there are plenty of tutorials to show you how to use any feature.

Pros

I really love that Microsoft 365 comes with multiple programs, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Microsoft 365 allows you to choose if you would like to save/store your file on your computer or in the cloud to be accessed anywhere. I also really love the feature that allows you to send a document to someone else, with the ability to make comments, track changes, and accept or reject those changes/comments. It makes collaboration effortless and allows the user to seamlessly see what changes have been made. There are also a variety of templates available from invoices to calendars to newsletters. You can even download new templates to meet whatever need you may have. Overall, Microsoft 365 is a very comprehensive program.

Cons

I have found two major downsides to Office 365. First, you have to make the choice as to if you would like to save your file to the cloud or save it to your computer's hard drive. I would like the option to save it in both locations simultaneously, allowing offline access as well as online access. The second major flaw that I see is that Word discontinued the support for Microsoft Publisher on Macs. It still works on PCs, but not Macs. I am a teacher and I used the older version of Microsoft Office that had Publisher for years and created a significant number of documents in publisher for school. I delayed upgrading to Microsoft 365 as long as possible because I did not want to lose the ability to use Publisher. This program allowed me to create my own worksheets by layering text and pictures however I wanted to on the page...this cannot be easily done in a word document. When upgrading to Microsoft 365, I was incredibly disappointed to find that there was not Microsoft publisher for Macs and that there was no intention to create a publisher program for macs. This has made it difficult for me to open and change things in my old publisher files, and I have had to find a new program that works with Macs to continue to create worksheets, etc. for school.

Seven year user of Office 365 & Microsoft 365

Overall we are pleased with MS 365 and it is an important tool for us. Many of our clients do not use Google tools, especially outside the US (or often even in the US). It is not an inconvenience for us to use both Google and MS tools. We use them situationally and depending on client preferences. MS 365 is a quality product overall with some downsides, no different than alternatives.

Pros

With the improvement of synchronous collaboration and autosave features Microsoft 365 has made rapid gains on Google Suite (Google Workspace). We use both Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace. Microsoft 365 is our go-to tool when we need more rich features and functionality, especially for spreadsheets. Google Sheets is still far behind the capability of MS Excel. Note, that when accessing Microsoft 365 via the web interface (more like the Google experience) the features of 365 on the web are much fewer than when using the desktop app.

Cons

Our users are all on macOS, and these comments apply to that OS, not Windows. Some features are still missing and subpar in the macOS versions of Microsoft 365 (access via the apps). And the web version of MS 365 tools are much more limited than the apps. However, when using the apps on your laptop or desktop MS365 does manage collaboration and autosaving well—but you must use MS OneDrive for storing your files for that to work at all, which is a downside if you prefer different cloud storage. Also, the macOS apps are very CPU and RAM hungry even relative to newer model Macbooks.

Soumia from Zone Technology

Microsoft 365 different plans

overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 is a good one, I use it on a daily basis and the wide range of applications available under each subscription is impressive and will take you some time to explore and use all of them

Pros

the diversity in the available plans and subscriptions makes it a great choice for not just companies, but for individuals as well with the home subscription which is shareable with up to 6 users, and the Personal subscription. in the Business and Enterprise plans, you can choose what suits you based on your business needs and your budget as well. the collaboration tools are essential during these times when most people are telecommuting ease of set-up backed with the training videos provided as soon as you log in as an admin makes it easier for administrators and users to get to know their applications and how to benefit from them. as an admin, you have full control over your organization's data, sharing, and privacy&security. Azure Active Directory is such a comprehensive portal to control and monitor users, groups, guests, and much more. my favorite part of any Microsoft Cloud products is the technical support agents, compared to others, I consider them to be the fastest to contact you once your support ticket is created.

Cons

the fact that sometimes a third party application is better at doing something related to Microsoft more than Microsoft itself, for instance, migrating mailboxes from GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 is done in few steps using third-party apps while in Microsoft, it requires you to manually export and import each mailbox using Outlook if you are residing in a country that does not yet support the newly implemented solutions such as "importing data over the network"

Tiffany from Randstad USA

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Microsoft is still top of the line, but Google is rapidly catching up

We switched from 365 to Google Workspace simply due to cost effectiveness and Workspace's potential to significantly speed up our work flow with its app integration and user-friendly design.

Pros

Its Microsoft, so in terms of document generation and management, email , notes and presentation creation it is still the gold standard. The sharing/collaboration feature has gotten much more user friendly. OneDrive can be housed as a local folder on your computer for seamless syncing to the cloud, and their Microsoft Online products are totally free and have almost all the same features as the desktop tools (almost). The mobile apps are really solid, they obviously don't have all the advanced functions, but so responsive and user friendly. With newer versions of Word, you can convert PDFs directly to .docx files and edit them, its so much faster than using a third party tool to convert and edit, and most of the time the format of the PDF is not heavily effected.

Cons

I don't even know if these are cons, so much as areas in which 365 has been surpassed by Workspace (Google). You cannot collaborate with anyone who does not have a Microsoft subscription or account and it is still the most expensive package on the market for document management and cloud solutions. Its apps aren't nearly as seamlessly integrated into one another as you will find in Google. In today's highly remote workforce, video conferencing/meeting is essential and Microsoft's more expensive 365 package does not include a video meeting solution, whereas Workspace does.

Jenny from Farmingdale State University

Great for collaborations!

Overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 has been a positive experience. I rarely had any issues and since I am pretty new to my position as a HR Assistant, I had no issues learning how to use the software. With the icons, it was very easy to maneuver around the software. All the documents that were shared are protected and updated when edited. I highly recommend Microsoft 365 for those considering!

Pros

Microsoft 365 offers a variety of platforms ranging from Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel. These are just a few of the platforms that I use almost daily for my job. I love how Microsoft 365 allows the consumer to easily identify which platform they would like to use with a tool bar on the left side. It is very similar to choosing an app on your phone with icons that signify the platform that you would like the utilize. In addition, I also love that they have little features such as Calendar and Task/To-Do. My co-workers and I utilize the Calendar feature to make sure that we know who is on holiday and when to schedule meetings. For the Task/To-Do feature, I like that I am able to type what needs to be done and it will show up on the sidebar. It also allows you to check off the list once something is done, which is cool and neat feature! The software also rarely glitches which is a huge plus, especially during the pandemic. Microsoft 365 allows all my co-workers and I to work efficiently and in an organized manner, which is important in any office and virtual setting.

Cons

If there was a critique I would make about the software, it would be on the Task/To-Do feature. There isn't really an option to mark if it is of high importance or put a due date with a reminder to remind you of the task. Often times, when I do put something (luckily not high importance), I forget and did not realize until I utilize it to input another task. It would be nice to be able to get a reminder, similar to the meeting reminders.

Karthikeyan from Delta Air lines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Office 365 allows users to access email and documents anywhere

I can say this is the best tool as per my overall Experience because it has plenty of features to utilize office 365 so better to suit for all users who using emails and document and archives the emails.

Pros

Office 365 is the best tool or email account to allow users to access the emails and documents anywhere. The other tools are limited features but office 365 is unlimited features and upgraded at all the times based on various situations. The storage data is more memory space and less vulnerable and will avoid security threats by comparing other tools. It has seamless collaboration of maintaining productivity. I urge my company to migrate to office 365 and now we are all using office 365 .

Cons

If I see any internet issues then there is no offline email access so it has to fix this scenario. Also, we can see few comptability issues but Microsoft is fixing it now.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We can say that office 365 has plenty of features to secure the account than G suite and it had low price then G suite so we considered to move to office 365.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I felt office 365 has better innovation than G suite so we migrated to office 365

Tere'e from PolySystems Inc

Office 365 - You don't have it yet?

Overall, I've enjoyed my experience with Microsoft 365. Given, the current pandemic crisis, Office 365 - Teams has been an integral tool when providing IT support. There are so many unknowns when providing IT support to users from the devices, ISPs, and/or user's tech knowledge, Teams has made IT support that much easier. I like that nearly all apps can be accessed via a web version so that users can pick up where they left off without missing a beat.

Pros

Professional Use: Office 365 is the best Office to-date. Office 365 allows users an all inclusive experience with its intelligent available app integrations. Teams has been an integral tool with nearly all users working from home. Teams allows for communication and collaboration between users and clients. I like that the software is automatically updated and not necessary added in the Windows updates. Personal Use: I've had an Office 365 for over 3 years. I'm able to share the subscription with up-to 4 more individuals. I'm able to access all my files on the go with my mobile phone. I like that I can have critical information at my finger tips. To-date I've not experienced any degraded experience or service outage.

Cons

So far we have not ran into any minor or major issues with using Office 365. I think Microsoft has mastered the it's productivity tools for both the professional and personal user.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We chose Office 365 over other alternatives because of reliability, pricing, included apps/features, ease of use, and service support. We were also attracted to the seemingly endless capabilities Office 365 tools and apps offered.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Initially we considered Office 365 due to running 2 versions of Office 2010 STD/PRO. Then we experienced service consistency issues with our former VOIP provider, which intern affected collaborations between users and clients. Office 365 offered the same services as the VOIP provider, but with lots more to offer. We made the switch to Office 365 the pricing was comparable to our former VOIP provider. Office 365 offered collaborative tools plus its foundation of productivity tools. The familiarity of Office made it easy for users to adapt and adopt.

Kevin from Self

Industry: Writing and Editing

From Box to Cloud: Make the Transition - It's Worth It

Creating and editing documents in MS Office is core to many, including myself. Microsoft 365 just fills in the gaps to make Microsoft Office that much more powerful with extra features to make work even more efficient and less stressful. Focus on the work, not maintaining your applications.

Pros

The comprehensive feature set is the most compelling aspect of Microsoft 365. The out-of-the-box version is fine, but having all the features that come with Microsoft 365 cannot be beat. Continuous updates rather than the version purchased becoming obsolete is helpful. The power punch is the 1TB document storage PER USER that comes with a subscription (removing the cost of a separate Dropbox subscription). And having access to MS 365 from any device or platform is absolutely wonderful. I live by Microsoft Office, and Microsoft 365 just made it better from a cost and management perspective.

Cons

The only con that I can think of really isn't a con, but a limitation of being human. As with many applications (let alone suites like Microsoft 365), you only use a small amount of the available features and functions. What helps is that you only need to use what applications and features you want or need. Whatever amount you use is still worth the subscription price.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I reluctantly moved from boxed Microsoft Office to Microsoft 365 because I thought the cost seemed prohibitive (I could make any office license last for a long time). However, because of the continuous upgrades that cost, and the hassle to keep paying to upgrade, this made sense, especially with the OneDrive file storage and the access to Microsoft Office from almost any platform or device. I would not go back to box. Microsoft 365 is worth any extra cost, and you might find that you can eliminate other costs because of the included features that come with Microsoft 365. I am glad I made the transition.

Features and final cost.

Decent option for teamwork across an organization

Overall, their Teams app has been a key tool for our organization to stay in touch virtually and manage projects together. It's a great alternative to Zoom. You can create multiple channels based on topics/projects to collaborate across an organization. The Word and Excel apps are fairly easy to use to edit shared content. We use Planner for project management, and it's much like Trello, which I don't love, but some people do. You can assign tasks, easily move them around, and set deadlines, etc. I really wish they had something like this but in a calendar format so you could see the deadlines on the days, not laterally across a screen. I also wish they had a better file storage/sharing app. OneDrive does house a lot of files, but it's not easy to view them, share them, or integrate with their other apps.

Pros

Office 365 offers a variety of apps that integrate with one another and are fairly easy to use. In particular, Teams is a solid app that can be used for chatting, video/phone calls, and generally staying in frequent communication across an organization.

Cons

There's not a good calendar-planning tool to help you manage projects and deadlines. They haven't been staying on schedule with planned upgrades and new product roll-outs.

More functionality with Office 365

Holton from The Swift Group

Industry: Defense & Space

Easy to use on the go

My overall experience has been very positive. It was easy to deploy and switch over from g-mail. Also with the Teams function it has allowed / enabled great collaboration across the company.

Pros

Our company recently switched from G-mail to Office 365. We found that Office 365 is a lot easier to use in terms of remote login as well as on mobile devices. Also, the file sharing and e-mail search function is better than g-mail.

Cons

The only issue that we had is that with 365 you have to a different license if you want to download the application to your desktop. The advantage of having the Outlook (e-mail for Office 365) application on your desktop is that you are able to work with it when disconnected from wifi. Many of our employees travel for work and are planes or airports where they may not have easy access to wifi....so they need to still be able to respond to e-mails. The fact that we had to pay extra to get the applications downloaded for remote use was a bit frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We considered staying with g-mail but once we received a demo from Microsoft on Officer 365 is became obvious to us that we need to make a change.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

While g-mail is good for a smaller company, we found it very difficult to use for searching and archiving e-mails. Also, it was not great with document management.

Diego Luis from Psicoquinesis LLC.

The tool I was waiting for my startup

My experience so far has been very good. I am using it for my startup, and I really feel that it has put me at the competitive level of other companies with more resources, with which now I can also be at the height in terms of work management, content creation, organization and more. which are very important for the development of what I am doing.

Pros

-It has many tools and features. -It is very complete for use in a company. -I can centralize all the information. -I can do with this tool alone everything that I was doing with different tools separately and I can even do more and everything from the same place. -Ideal for teamwork. -I feel like it helps me get my business off the ground and for a fair price. -It integrates with many other new or well-known tools on the market, making it really a very wide possibility to adapt its control panel to any type of undertaking or task.

Cons

-It is not a con, but to some people it may seem like it. It has so many tools and so many integration options, it can be a bit overwhelming. -I feel that the learning curve can be a bit overwhelming also at the beginning, not so much because of learning to use the tools, which are intuitive in themselves, but because of the large number of options, which will have to be discovered little by little, and It involves spending some initial time on it until you know everything there is well.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I made the change because I was using several Saas applications, to cover certain jobs within my company. Some of these applications or tools were not as efficient, and others had little integration, forcing me to acquire more tools, with which in the end it became very tedious to be jumping from one panel to another, from one application to another, to get things done. . Now I can have everything in one place, and even access it from any device.

Andy from Keepmoat Homes

Microsoft 365 is a real game changer for modern organisations - Big and Small!

Microsoft 365 is a full suite of Products, tools and capabilities that deliver a modern workplace experience to users really well! There is something for everyone in Microsoft 365 - Admin Staff, IT Staff, Security and Compliance Staff, and the benefits we have realised during the global pandemic prove for real why the investment was worthwhile!

Pros

The full stack of Microsoft 365 tools and capabilities are intuitive to use, work incredibly well together, and make daily tasks simple to complete.

Cons

I guess the cost is on the high side, but you get a lot of bang for your buck, and Microsoft are pouring Research and Development into the suite of products and capabilities at a rate of knots, so the investment is worthwhile on balance.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The Microsoft ecosystem of products are familiar to our users, work well together, and suit our organisation much better.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

To enhance the tools and capabilities that we deliver to our business, and to derive more value from our IT and systems staff - who wouldn't want to manage Exchange, SharePoint and some of the other systems like we did before?! Its a no brainer...

Sheena from Paskos High-Caliber Service

Endless Business Options

As an individual running a business, Microsoft 365 makes me scalable. Not many products and services can do that; and even fewer can do it successfully. And none of them can do it for the price that Microsoft 365 does.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is the meat and potatoes. It is built to perform. As a business owner it is the software i have come to rely on the most. The outlook email host is what i use to access my five different accounts. It helps to keep me organized and is task oriented. There are plenty of options to be creative and dress it up. But i am so pleased that those pretty features are just that. Options. I like how the format of outlook matches microsoft office. Direct. Logical. Simple to customize, which is what makes it so easy to organize, and endless possibilities for rules, responses, forwards, etc. The search and help features do exactly that. I can find anything quickly and I can figure out how to do what i want to do with minimal effort.

Cons

The only downfall for Microsoft 365 is its ability to integrate with apple products. Or Apps. The apps don't seem to function fully as they do on the desktop. but then again, do any apps perform better then the full software or website? i do not think they do.

Stefanos from Freelancer

Microsoft 365 review

Being part of technical teams which have designed, planned, deployed and tested Microsoft 365 solutions for clients around the world, I am confident that Microsoft 365 suite of products, services and tools is the most comprehensive and reliable online collaboration and Office productivity system available.

Pros

I enjoy Microsoft 365 versatility and the multitude of features it offers to its users. It is very easy to deploy online in the Microsoft Cloud and is very intuitive and easy to use by even users with zero computer literacy. Microsoft 365 Apps are stable, constantly updated via Microsoft Update, as part of the pay per user per month model. Also Microsoft offers the capability to end users to install and activate the Microsoft 365 Apps to a maximum of five (5) endpoints.

Cons

In some cases there could be incompatibilities when opening and editing a document or spreadsheet which was created in Libre Office or Open Office. Also there can be incompatibilities when opening an old version of MS Word, Excel or Access files, which were created in previous versions of MS Office.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 is by far the most productive, flexible and extensible Cloud-based suite of Office productivity tools available. It has the most features and is well-tested and mature.

Marco from Edw International

A connected world at my service, online and offline

It took some time to fully understand how to create the working environment you aim too. I should suggest a three step approach: 1)Prioritize your needs between storage and communication. Define minimal objectives on both (eg: use email and connect through teams) 2) Understand what is available out of the box in both storage and communication. Empower a group of users on both. 3) start adding more features vertically (eg: add groups and channels in teams. Control storage of the group. Give rights to invite others)

Pros

Integration, coherence and great ability to cope with plenty of scenarios. Some applications are best of class, others are the current state of the art. It is a must have. A company, with the right support, can build on top of it its new processes for the 21st century company. It is also more than just an environment: plenty of tools to automate, customize and creation of new custom features, thanks to the super rich environment supplied by Azure and its services.

Cons

Availability of so many features position the tool as complex to manage and even learn. It requires knowledge and time to get to work at best. The offering becomes complex for small organizations. Requires customization that a small company has difficulty in create alone, even if the tool is rich of configuration possibilities. It is crucial to be supported by a knowledgeable Microsoft partner to really get the best from it.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft is the definitive leader in the cloud office segment. It has formulate a vision and all the offering is coherent with this vision. You can really design the fabric of your business in Microsoft 365 and evolve it mapping most of your requests in its services. The integration with Azure services gives you great ability to innovate and create innovative solutions

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

need to sync different workstations, to add organization and communication with the rest of the team, to organize different environments for different businesses in a coherent fashion. The best in class communication features of Microsott teams and the integrated experience of the whole tools made the difference.

Ishmael from ShinaultTek

"Complete Office Setup, Good and Profitable for Business"

My overall, across-the-board experience using Microsoft 365 has been profitable and extremely good for my business. ("There is nothing negative I could honestly say.".) Therefore I gave Microsoft 365, five- stars out of five. And I recommend this software to all my friends. "Especially those operating and conducting a productive business." Please leave your comments if you like and thank you for reading my review.

Pros

What I like about Microsoft 365 is how easy it is to install and how quickly I can process word documents, spreadsheets, and power-point presentations. Microsoft 365 is a complete office setup that is cheap and affordable. My lifetime license cost about ten to fifteen American dollars and is good for up to 5 devices. I use Microsoft 365 for my business because it includes many productive applications I like and use daily. For example, it comes with, "Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Onedrive, Exchange, SharePoint, In-tune, Access, and Publisher." Plus Microsoft 365 comes with a 30 day free trial so you can try before you buy.

Cons

"What I like the least about Microsoft 365 is" To be honest, I have not had any bad experiences using this software in the last two years. If a problem or issue materializes, I contact Microsoft 365 customer service hotline, And they have proven to me to be competent and very professional. They are always ready to assist. Therefore I have no negative comments.

Microsoft 365 is the up to date "Superior" version formally known as office 365

sameer from Deloitte

Office 365- The ultimate software package that manages all day to day work related tasks.

My overall experience with Office 365 products has been really amazing. I can assure that for me these products are the real work companions who help me manage my teams and work in very fast and effective manner . I cannot imagine my laoptop without these products and without these it would be really impossible for me to manage such large data and teams. A big shoutout to Microsoft for all that they do!

Pros

Well, as it is a bunch of softwares including excel, PPT, Word, onenote, outlook, teams, skype etc. I specifically use the above mentioned softwares on a day to day basis and each one has there own set of unique advatages and functionality that the others don't have. But I were to generalize, I would say that the seamlessness, smoothness and the cutting edge technology with which all these applications work is the part is like the most about these softwares. For example, data handling and data comparison with formulaes like Vlookup, Hlookup are the best and most unique features that only Excel provides.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the Office products is the sudden shutdown of these applications whenever we have opening a bit heavy files on these softwares. Once, they show the sign of "Not Responding" , I just prepare for loosing my 2-3 hours of heard work since in sudden crash, these softwares are at times not able to retain the work done in last few hours (though once in a blue moon they are able to recover but most of the times they don't). On the communication side, one feature of skype for business that I like the least is that once the laptop is started it takes quite a lot of time to connect to the server as compared to other similar products available in the market and thus at times wastes some time of the end user who wants to chat to someone on an urgent basis. Last but not the least, some work could be done for sure to make the GUI of teams a bit user friendly since for me it was quite difficult and i took some time to understand its features and functionalities.

Christopher from Law Office of Christopher A. Pearsall, Esquire

Industry: Law Practice

Microsoft 365 - Great Product on a Business Budget

Aside from the template issues my experience with Microsoft 365 has still been very good. Over the years they have moved a few things and added a few too many functions such that finding your exact function may be a challenge if you are looking for something a little more challenging, but it's nothing that can't be addressed with a little hands-on experience.

Pros

I like the affordability of this product. Microsoft's products are mainstream for most businesses and it is good to be able to get them at a price people can afford and still be able to remain up to date. I use Word and Excel the most and these have maintained substantially similar standard functions over the years without drastic change so users can transition. Expansion of integration between products allowing you to create tables and spreadsheets within Word without going into Excel is benefit, as is the ability to pull in a spreadsheet into Word. It's fundamental functions have remained consistent and this is what I find to be teh greatest positive of this software.

Cons

This software has an issue with templates. What I liked least was the inability to open and revise a template and then save it with the same name to overwrite the old template. The software required me to select a new name, go into the templates folder and then delete the old template. This should be unnecessary. Also, though you may put your templates in specific folders within your templates folder the templates all come up as if they are in the same folder. There is no real way of organizing templates other than chronologically/alphabetically. This is inefficient and annoying to users who want to organize to save time. The standalone Word product or Microsoft Office Product that you could buy, install and own outright on your computer rather than a yearly subscription had the capability of organizing templates into folders. One would think the downloadable version to be no less functional.

Laura from Central Presbyterian Church

Office 365 to the rescue

We had already planned to make the move from our local server-based installation of Microsoft products before the pandemic hit, and we fortuitously made the transition just in time. If we hadn't, we would have been forced to physically be in the office, e-mailing documents back and forth, or constantly downloading and uploading - with all of the version control and organizational risk that entails.

Pros

I don't know what we would have done without Office 365 during the pandemic shutdown. With it, going from physically being in to the office everyday, to working from home (or anywhere for that matter), has been a seamless transformation. With the exception of sending or receiving actual hard copy USPS mail, there is nothing that I can do in the office that I can't also do from home - and in the exact same manner. We struggled to find a software solution that would provide cloud storage and yet still allow for edit-in-place with all the powers of Word (sorry, Google Docs, but you just don't have the same capabilities), collaborative sharing and real-time communications. Office365 has it all.

Cons

There is a lot to learn, and for us, most of it has happened by trial-and-error. Constant updates is a good thing because Microsoft is always improving the product, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with what is new and different.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The quality of documents created in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher is simply superior to what we were able to produce with competing products. When you add in the seamless integration of communications and collaboration with SharePoint, Outlook and Teams, it's a no-brainer. Can it be done in Google? Yes. Can it be done easier and more efficiently with a better-looking end product in Microsoft Office 365? Yes.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Our server was becoming outdated and we wanted a solution that was cloud-based for mobility, scalable and user-friendly.

Tonico from Astelar Produções Artísticas

Industry: Writing and Editing

All you need in one package.

Microsoft 365 has apps and software that help my business grow the creation of books, documents, and images with the help of the simplicity of the software layout. Everyone with a little effort can professionally use Microsoft 365 as I use on my business. Microsoft 365 has many pages to help you learn about their features on Microsoft's official website, which is a great way to improve your skill on this package of office tools. Also, Microsoft 365 is present in the most powerful companies in the world, and if you need to do business with them is better to be a user of this incredible tool. I highly recommend Microsft 365 for any person around the world because, with this tool package, you will be able to create content and access your files and do business from anywhere on the planet with an internet connection.

Pros

The most significant thing about Microsoft 365 is: the package of services has anything you need to start to create your content online or offline. You can write documents, create presentations, and share the editing with your team. Microsoft 365 is a tool for all types of businesses and offices around the world. Their package of services includes tools for every need of your business. With Microsoft 365, I can write my books, write documents with Word, and create images with PowerPoint. I also can access all my files online in any device with the internet. Microsoft 365 gives me the freedom to work anywhere I go.

Cons

What I like less on the Microsft 365 is the space given for files on the OneDrive cloud. I believe 5 gigabytes on the free version is less space than we need to have to create documents and content without concerns. I suggest Microsoft 365 to expand this space to 20 gigabytes because this is a number more attractive for the business people around the world. This increase will make it easier to attract new users of the Microsft 365.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I choose Microsft 365 because, with the free version, I can access and test all tools of the package. Microsft 365 is a tool present in many transactions of my business because my clients and my business activities need to receive documents and images with the format that I can create with Microsft 365. With Microsft 365, you will be able to manage your team, manage your emails, create and share editings in documents anywhere. This tool certainly will help you to grow your business.

Luis Alejandro from Zophistech

A very good service but a little pricey

Just great, I has tried several suites (open source and freeware) and the differences are humongous! I prefer this suite over all alternatives out there because is bug free, constantly updated and have all of the feature you may need to get a great and polished work.

Pros

Solid suite for word processing, presentation and calculated sheets, brings all of you may need in one package, storage, file sharing, great integration with most remarkable tools in the market. It is constantly evolving and updates are instantaneously given to is a software as a service (SaaS). It has more advanced and sophisticated apps for office work!

Cons

It is pricey, a different model that actually make you pay a subscription that although is has it value you have a permanent fee with too few options to avoid it.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

As I mentioned earlier, it offer a solid suites of application which are superior for the most to competitors, in terms to work in office you need a tool that besides to be easy-to-use and well known, brings all of the features you need to do your jobs great and in the less amount of time.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The other options looks like a toy comparing with Office 365. It has all you need for professional works.

Serdar from Goodbaby International

An all-in-one package for almost all your needs.

Working with O365 is generally going very good for me as I dont manage the underlying infrastructure to make it high available for my users. Since it is a managed service, you only do the admin tasks of O365. Despite the lack of general features, I can recommend the organization who are already a customer of Microsoft.

Pros

O365 provides large organizations to migrate their on-premise infrastructure to the cloud technologies. Usually, it is very hard to move users and data to the cloud but with the help of O365 it is very easy and makes the administrators' workload less heavier. OneDrive For Business, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online makes our users to be more portable all around the world.

Cons

Microsoft is very lazy to implement features to their products. That is why sometimes you need to wait years until a simple feature can be deployed by Microsoft. Most of the wanted features will be always missing in O365 but again there is no rival when it comes to the office apps.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Since all the infrastructure was Microsoft, it was a seamless deployment for the users when we consider there are thousands of them. Also, Azure AD makes it more easy to handle all synced users.

Jon from Beck Business Solutions LLC

Office 365 is the cloud version of Office

While you could get by using open source only solutions such as Libre Office or something similar, I've found that the money saved paying for Office is easily offset by the amount of time I have to allocate teaching each user how to use the less intuitive and somewhat buggy "free" software. There are other solutions out there but there is a good reason that Office has been the gold standard for the last 20 plus years. It's well worth the cost.

Pros

- Office is extremely easy to use for a new user but is powerful enough that power users (and developers) can perform amazingly complex processes using just this "simple" tool. - The cloud based solution allows teams to securely share documents (worksheets) and have multiple users updating the document with the changes each user makes reflected to the other users in real time. - You can perform simple actions like mail merge to take a contact list and create cards or labels; however, the tools are rich enough that a developer can use Macros and Regular Expressions to completely transform documents. - It's easy to apply a built-in style (or create your own style for your business) so that all business correspondence is consistently formatted and looks professional. - Outlook is the premier tool for email. I could write an entire review simply on Outlooks Junk mail handling and customized rules. If you use email, you need Outlook. - When you have subscribed to Office 365, Office mobile is available to you as well.

Cons

- The only caveat I have for Office 365 is the monthly (or yearly) billing cycle. If I pay for 12 months of outlook, that's exactly what I get. On month 13, I'm left with no office suite unless I start paying for another month/year. - I prefer to purchase Office 2019 (one time payment that means that I own the software although I am only entitled to updates for 1 year). It still has the ability to work with Office 365 users but isn't quite a well-suited to the cloud as it's physically installed on your laptop.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Lotus Notes feels like an abandoned product and I just don't feel like I can trust Google not to use my company's data for their own purposes and share it (however "obscured") with advertisers. I explained about LibreOffice above.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

LibreOffice is interesting and is a great option for Linux OS (or spinoffs like Mint, Ubuntu) where users are expected to take the time to learn how to use software that isn't always "user friendly" but for my office, I want something that is user friendly and consistently works (virtually bug free). I'm willing to trade off spending more of my budget on the software to save the more expensive time of my IT resources.

angel from Private Tutor

Dependable Software Easy to Use

I used Office 365 at my middle school and this software connected over 600 students and staff. Using Office 365 has allowed me to connect with my classmates with almost no glitches and misunderstandings. If you are looking for software that will connect your friends, coworkers, students, or teachers, I would recommend Office 365.

Pros

Office 365 is very easy to use and navigating should not be a problem. A feature I like is being able to customize the theme of your drive as that is something you can't do on other drives. Once you purchase Office 365, you have access to a variety of Apps that are both very useful. The applications are very reliable and most of the time I don't have to worry about my work being lost. My favorite feature would be the Calendar which I find to be very impressive because you can set events or tasks and a reminder to yourself by a scheduled email. Word and Excel are very easily used as everything is labeled very clear. In my experience, there is generally no confusion.

Cons

I don't see any features that are missing that would make Office 365 better and easier to use. However, I have experienced some glitches and minor issues with loading and the internet. For instance, during the same period of time when I am on Youtube and Office 365, sometimes (20% of the time) Office 365 works much slower than Youtube even though my internet is very stable. If this minor issue continues to be the case, it may have influence on how much I use Office 365 because even though its just 20% of the time, I am getting annoyed about my work being deleted after the glitch. Customer support needs to be improved. When I write a long detailed email to Office 365, all I get back is an automated email, with no steps that solve my problem.

Andrei from JeFawk Games

Industry: Computer Games

Great software suite with a clean modern look, a bit limited in the purchasing aspect

Using Office 365 is really smooth and I enjoy the minimalistic look which allows you to focus on the content not on all the tiny icons in the menus. I've been a fan of OpenOffice previously and currently I'm also using Google Docs but nothing beats Microsoft when it comes to a full suite of applications for office work.

Pros

Office 365 has a great modern look that spans across all their software and apps. The usual subscriptions offer the whole suite of programs to get most of your work done within it: Word for writing, Excell for calculations, spreadsheets, and charts, Power Point for presentations, Outlook for email, OneNote for fast notes, Access for databases, etc. The installation is done very easy and the software almost no configuring apart from the user logging in.

Cons

While some of the programs available in the suite are great for the majority of uses, some are not, such as Sharepoint which is for your company's intranet, Access for databases which is way slower than even the free alternatives. This is a paid software so obviously any free alternatives could work but not as smoothly. A problem I've ran into using Word was that the document needed a lot of modifications in order to be uploaded as an ebook and published on Amazon. Unfortunately I would really like to buy only a few of the programs I need. They have a way for businesses and individuals to purchase some but it's only for Word, Excell, and PowerPoint whereas I require Outlook as well, too bad.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google Docs was way too limited for my client's requirements, and OpenOffice too unstable.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Apache OpenOffice froze often, looked like some program I'd use in Windows 95 and overall was pretty bad.

John from IDKPress

Industry: Publishing

Microsoft Office 365 - a Great and Affordable Suite of Programs

We have had a wonderful and enabling experience with With Microsoft Office 365, which is a key part of our success.

Pros

For a modest monthly payment of $9.99 or an annual payment of $99.00, Microsoft Office 365 gives you a number of useful programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. MicrosoftAccess (PC only) and MicrosoftPublisher (PC only). In addition you get two great services: OneDrive and Skype. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 runs on: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS! Our main use of Microsoft Office 365 consists of Word and Excel. We use Word to write and format the books we publish and Excel is what we use for our financial planning and job progress. In addition, Word gives us the powerful feature in that we can offer it free of charge to our clients in an offline environment. This way we can show our clients in real-time the progress we are making on their book, enabling them to participate in the project. We are now strongly considering using Outlook to manage and organize our emails. This is the flexibility that Microsoft Office 365 provides. Should we need another application, Microsoft Office 365 has it ready for us. As for Microsoft Office 365 services, we have been using money-saving Skype for years. Just about any application or service you will ever need is waiting for you in Microsoft Office 365!

Cons

For us we see no Microsoft Office 365 applications or services that does not have the features we require. Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with the applications we use, Word and Excel. However, all the necessary information on how to use its applications is an integral part of Microsoft Office 365.

Ankit from Univibe Network Private Limited

Intuitive and Simple to use

Overall, the experience has been satisfactory and would recommend everyone to go for this instead of anything else as it serves all the purpose for an individual or business.

Pros

The product from Microsoft is very easy to set up as it hardly takes 15 minutes to complete the whole process. Secondly, I have been using Office 365 for quite sometime and have been just used to it. The products under Office 365 are very intuitive and value packed. Overall, the product experience is really fantastic.

Cons

Initially, the pricing of the Office 365 suite was a little high for businesses but now they have reduced and packed more value providing features into the suite.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google Sheets are online and everytime I have to make an update I have to go online to make the changes. The benefit with Office 365 is that it gets installed on the system and then you can use it as and when you want. Also, almost everyone uses Office 365 or any other related product from Office suite of applications, so there is no issue in compatibility as well.

Christopher from Weaver Technologies, LLC

Industry: Information Services

The leading standard for office software

My company solves many problems with collaboration by creating a new 'Team' in Teams for each of our clients. It allows us to save data and share information securely among staff members without compromising sensitive data. Also, having the same suite of software on all of our computers and mobile devices allows us to collaborate reliably and effectively on multiple projects at the same time. We have no hesitation in recommending this suite to all of our customers.

Pros

Office has reached the point that improvements are small but vital changes to the interface and function of the various programs. Word and Excel are easily navigated and will open any past file format without issue. The layout of the interface has solidified and does not need a great deal of time to understand. The methods for saving documents, installing the software, accessing the online versions of the programs and the integration with OneDrive/Sharepoint is possibly the best combination available on the market today. Sharepoint with the addition of Teams is the leader for team collaboration and is a secure and robust tool for both file sharing and storage as well as video/audio chatting and project collaboration. Outlook is your best choice for email with integrations and reminders built into the Calendar, reliable function and a simple yet useful interface including the vital Focused Inbox. All in all, I can't imagine using another set of tools for my daily needs on the job.

Cons

There are times when Outlook is less than responsive on slower internet connections and can have issues with dealing with multiple email accounts. There is also some confusion when setting up new email accounts due to the many options available. When using password protection on an Excel or Word document, there is no password recovery method if you forget the password. Just be careful!

The best suite ever, wherever and for whatever

MS Office 365 is the software I use the most from more than a decade. I have assisted to the evolution of this suite. The great step was given with the 365 version, the others only made some interface and adding not so valuable functionalities. Stepping into the cloud age, the sync works as needed nowadays with a great app for mobile devices where you can acess on your fingertip to all of your work.

Pros

The interaction between all of the apps that are included in MS Office is seamless. Onedrive cloud service offers a great contribute for accessing all the documents wherever you are and whatever is the time. The operation is very simple to extract the most out of its potential. It is a great swiss army knife for your everyday working needs.

Cons

There are a some minor issues with the translation of the formulas between computers in different languages as well as some problems in changing the spell check in documents that were built in another language. Beside it it works flawlessly.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

People are used to work in Ms Office environment for ages. Google offers a nice alternative but it lacks the intuitive support for advanced features when in use. The menus don't look to have such a nice user interface even.

Timmy from Computer Software

Dependable, easy, but lacking.

Difficult to set up as merging the user accounts with old inbox programs takes time and patience, but does a good enough job that most users don't miss the former clients.

Pros

This software competes with the best email, workflow, and productivity clients, but links all of the above under a single uder account that can be useful or exhausting based on the individual.

Cons

The email interface is aesthetically customizable, but limits the actual amount of scripting and scultping that can be done on incoming messages and auto replies.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Capabilities for average users were increased compared to G suite.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Thunderbird had unstable updates and could not offer enterprise-scale support.

Office 365 for Education

Office 365 has been a fantastic platform on which to administer Secondary School Education and Whole School Administration. There have been issues, but these have generally been resolved over the time that we have used it. Even the most resistant Teachers have eventually been able to get involved and see benefit; those willing to experiment and 'get on board' have enabled many learning experiences that may have been difficult without O365.

Pros

Based in China, there was little other option for our school - or not one that would cover all the bases such as Office 365. G Suite for Education is obviously not an option; I'm not sure if any of the Learning Environments offer the breadth of Apps / Software that O365 does. I love the fact that I can synchronise ALL of the Office Apps between my laptop and the cloud. I can also use the full Desktop Apps OR the Browser-based Apps depending on the depth of need (and whether I have access to my own machine). Our use of O365 has been absolutely essential through the current Covid-19 Pandemic with Teachers and Students around the globe able to continue learning through the capabilities of the O365 suite of applications.

Cons

There is a greater learning curve for Teachers than with the Google G Suite (and Teachers are the worst Students: some need to be continually reminded that in learning a new Tool we are not doing anything that we are not asking our Students to do on a daily basis...). There have been hiccups along the way, and continue to be so, but this Suite is still 'relatively' new and MS are doing a reasonable job of making improvements to what is a vast and complicated suite of applications. One other annoyance is when changes are made with seemingly little consideration for users, but we have managed most/all of these over time. Support is attentive, but it seems to take many 'visits' to get requests completed; for anything 'complicated' it seems to take a while to get escalated to someone who can actually answer your question...

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Google was not available in our Region (China) and the workarounds were unsustainable / illegal!

AGNES from CARE International

Best Way to Manage Microsoft Office Licenses

We no longer experience email related response delays i.e. our staff can now access their email on the phones, we have outlook OWA (over the web Access) and also some have installed outlook on their phones and thus not just on the laptops. This has greatly improved the communication within the office. With Office365 we are now slowly embracing the BYOD (bring your own device) for senior managers who would want to use specific models and kinds of laptops , as the Technical team we only ensure that the devices meet our security standards and not a threat to our network.

Pros

The best feature i liked about Office365 is the ability for the administrator to manage the corporate licenses from one point. Having most of the staff working in remote areas with harsh weather conditions, we experienced alot of system/hard disk crashes which resulted in time wastage as the computer had to be sent to the head office to reload the operating system and install back the applications afresh and assigning licenses but with Office365 licensing is on the go. It is not machine specific and a crash in a hard disk does not slow the organization, will just advice the user/staff to get another temporary machine and use their office365 account to access all the Microsoft office applications i.e. Word, outlook, excel and powerpoint. With Office365 staff can easily collaborate and work on a document. This is so helpful when working on project proposals as different departments need to give in their input before a proposal could be send for donor support. This feature is not possible with the old office licensing as documents were standalone/machine dependent and one could only work on it one person at a time.

Cons

The only major challenge I have experienced with Office365 is it is internet dependent. Meaning one needs to have internet services to be able to enjoy the application. In some remote areas of Africa where our offices are, having reliable internet connectivity is a challenge and thus some remote offices are unable to enjoy the full benefits of Office365.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

This was an upgrade and also looking into cost of running and maintaining volume licensing with the growth of organization

Displaying 1 - 50 of 11,791 reviews