(7,600)

7,600

(2,132)

2,132

• Pros

• "I love the ease of use!! It is not intimidating at all! Other programs claim to be easy to use, but this one really is!"

• "It's very easy to use and the customer service is great"

• "This suite does more than I could ever use for my business needs and at an excellent price. Everything works seamlessly and is easy to use."

• Cons

• "The functionality is fine and works well... but the user interface is a little bloated and some of the menus are not very intuitive."

• "Everything is good, just do not like the spelling editing part as bold whose keyboard use is not the same as using windows"

• "As a package, g suite is great but the spreadsheets is lacking some of the more technical functions of excel. "

Browse Google Workspace Reviews

Margarita from American School of Ahmadi

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The total IT solution for schools!

We use Gsuite for gradebooks, report cards, student information systems, HR forms, office programs, storage of photos and videos and email online 'drive' cloud storage for all our needs.

Pros

Gsuite offers all the tools you need for collaborative document creation from forms, surveys, spreadsheets, slides (powerpoint), cloud storage, calendars, note taking, accounting and reports. The templates available for education have many solutions available from lesson planners, calendars, quiz creation, gradebook, reports and meeting programs. Templates can be shared within the community and you can find templates that other schools use and share if it is not available in the standard set. The organizational email system is way more user friendly than other systems. I have worked with a team to establish Gsuite in two schools as the main system, and we are a Google school and the staff and admin do not need Microsoft office anymore as this system covers alternatives to those program. It auto-saves your work and when working on collaborative documents it is easy to see who has input different items and easily go back and restore previous versions if needed. Easily compatible to connect data to Google sites.

Cons

I wish that all the options that are available for excel exist in the Google Spreadsheets - e.g. being able to select multiple tabs and edit all of them at the same time. As a private international school it is fairly costly with a charge per staff user. Support education in the private sector too - it needs a substantial budget for large schools.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Far more advanced and latest technology - with collaborative teamwork.

Ryan from ISM Connect

Industry: Broadcast Media

G Suite for Team Collaboration

Fantastic. It hits all of the options I look for in a product; Ease of personal use, ease of collaboration, reliability. I have never had an issue with G-Suite that I haven't been able to solve or get an answer to within minutes. I have never had an issue retrieving or sharing a document from the Shared Drive and editing with coworkers is absolutely flawless and simplistic.

Pros

It's extremely simple to learn with little to no direction at all. Everything from mail to creating and designing documents whether it be alone or live with another team mate is extremely simple to accomplish. Storage and retrieval of docs within the drive is also extremely simple and reliable as well.

Cons

I think one of the major hurdles a lot of people have consistently is understanding the Google process for saving a document or saving it to your desktop. It's a very different process than we are used to with typical Microsoft Office products that we learned on. Another issue I see people having is understanding how to share a document on the Drive with someone outside of the organization. Although this is a simple process, I think the directions should be clearer for new users.

Felicia Ann from Education Management

Gsuite

My experience with them started off okay and ended up awful due to the fact that I had paid the price of having a g suite account it didn't matter to them because they disable my account and have not provided any support to me which hurt my business that I was working on very hard to begin and had been advertising and promoting for years alongside with many other advertising websites that I have been doing I had lost a lot of my time and dedication of years that I put into this causing me to still be emotionally damaged still to this day I talked about my account and how much it hurts me daily because I had put so much effort into this so much time and so much work with my Google suite I had also learned through their Google education program I worked with Amazon AWS and completed my certification I worked with Microsoft and I worked with many other agencies that even invested into me as well as support and to have it all lost because of one account really really affected me. I have recovered some of my accounts since this but it hasn't been easy and it's been a huge struggle my experience was awful but yours might be different if you work alone and you live alone and you decide to go with this company and work hard towards something you plan to have I'm sure you'll get there using this product however sometimes if you go through one bad experience it could also ruin everything that you had worked years for

Pros

This product can use more security support for customers, as well as a team of operators on standby to even help with technical support even if you're the administrator of your own account and if somebody steals your code to or a possible error happens for some impossible reason or something who can help you if you're the administer, who can help you to fix this if even them themselves can not provide any help for support of their own product they are selling I have no support because somehow my credit card that was linked to this account just disappeared from my home and this is causing me to not be able to get anywhere support because they want me to verify my credit card that was either stolen from my house or somehow it disappeared into thin air. I do have a statement however and plan to contact them once again but for now I have had too much stress do to this company and have many other important people and I rather spend my time on now . Working on my own has taught me one thing that you really have better relationships with people you have developed with over the years mini good supporters that I have are still right by my side and there's others like she sweet who do not value their customers as they say they do they don't get to know them on a level where they actually know that you are you and that your information is secure and private with them and having them help you along the way.

Cons

I had worked with them and began my business with them up to ten years and they decided to disable my account and failed to give me any explanation to as a y I had my account disabled and their customer support is awful I receive no support at all after even explaining to them that I had paid for my own domain and needed this matter to be taken seriously and immediately due to me being a self-employed business owner

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

To begin it started with promoting and advertising but I had others help me in regards to that I was more interested in designing my own product and how to set up a console with Googles support I had been slowly developing my own server for my own network that would be on my own platform I wanted everything my own and I wanted to design my own phone everything custom to what I wanted I was working with a few people who were planning to invest to me to make my product become a reality and we're even supportive every step of the way I had received even setting licenses towards it and much more but since this experience it had stopped me to pursue everything that my whole account was made from to begin with and also it took away many years planning and researching just to aim towards my goal I worked very hard even spent much of my time writing many articles doing lots of research pretty much constantly writing investors to invest in me because I didn't have the opportunity to launch what I wanted to do and in the end it all failed because of Google disabling my account. they say that I have violated some policy but how to explain which policy exactly and after many years I don't understand how I could just do something wrong since I have been with them for many years and had not had any problems now I feel like they really let me down

Great office solution for our small team

Overall I'm happy with the software. It's easy for the team to use, document sharing and working on the same document together is very simple. I finally feel Google Chat is at least somewhat more comparable to Slack, but since it was so far behind when we started using G Suite, we're now stuck with Slack and switch is just too much of a hurdle. So if you're starting out with G Suite now you might be able to save yourself the money on a separate Slack subscription as well.

Pros

G Suite has been very easy for our small team to use. The web apps are user friendly and easy for anyone to quickly get up to speed on. Google Meet is also very easy to use for team or external video meetings, and offers dial-in numbers for participants if some are on slow internet connections or don't have a microphone setup for their computer. The video quality has improved dramatically since I first started using it back in 2018. It works in the browser with no additional software installation needed, so it's quick and easy to use each time.

Cons

Gmail needs an overhaul, especially the settings area to make it more user-friendly. Setting up custom keyboard shortcuts to navigate through Gmail is cumbersome and there doesn't appear to be a way to map a shortcut to "Display images" in an e-mail if you have loading of these turned off by default, which I do for privacy and tracking reasons. For Google Drive it doesn't seem to save the sort order setting for each folder and there's no way to get this to save. Some folders where I prefer to sort the file order by Last Modified so recent ones show at the top then impact the sort order of other folders where I'd prefer it stay in alphabetical order. Google Meet needs to add more features similar to other video conferencing solutions to stay competitive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We choose G Suite years ago before Microsoft had the Teams product. We mainly went with G Suite because another company that was acquired was already using it, so we stuck with it as we expanded.

Vincent from Gradelink

The Preferred Collaboration and Communication Suite for Small Business

I use GSuite tools every day for my business and my full time job, and as a whole, my experience has been very good. As a web designer, I also help many of my clients set up collaberation and communication tools, including GSuite for Business and GSuite for Education, and more often than not, it's a breeze.

Pros

The feature I like most about GSuite is the range of collaberation and communication tools it offers and its ability to integrate with my everyday web experience. I use Google Docs and Drive to collaberate on web projects. To give a specific example, I use Google docs to put together a sitemap and have my clients make edits to it before placing content on the site. I use GSuite as a way for clients to upload website assets and make them available to me for use on web projects.

Cons

GSuite is not very intuitive when it comes to setting up options on the administrative side. Everytime I want to look for a particular setting, I need to reference the documentation or Google help site to see where the option is - it's never where you would expect it to be. I can tell that the software was developed by programmers, but I believe they might want to add a few more UI/UX people to the team that develops the administrative interface.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time, Microsoft was just putting together their 365 experience, and I wasn't a fan. It's gotten a lot better since then, but I still prefer GSuite over anything from Microsoft because of it's ability to integrate with many other tools that I use in my browser, such as the ability to snc my browsing preferences to any Chrome browser. I pretty much live in the Google world now, so switching isn't really an option.

Alex from CELARENT

Think ahead

Using this suite for many years I'm really satisfy with all resources and frequently improvements.

Pros

Everything you want to handle your business services in corner of text editor, spreadsheet, presentation and communication you will find at G Suite. Integration with standard Microsoft Office increase always but a lot of difficulties persists. Gmail is the best e-mail client and together with Google Contacts, Drive and Android you easily setup a basal crm. Try and save a lot of money.

Cons

So if you download a excel template to working and you need to upload back the spreadsheet to a system likely you wont be happy because the system no will recognize your archive. Hangouts unfortunally not compete with WhatsApp in terms of users's adoption.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Perspective to long live with Gmail and integration with much others softwares from Google and other companies.

Mark from Makari Designs

The easiest word and spreadsheet software available

I have alternated back and forth with using other word processing software but always come back to this one because of its ease of use the cloud storage for all my documents and the ability for other people to work on the documents simultaneously.

Pros

I like that it is group together with my email my word processing and my spreadsheet work.

Cons

It can be frustrating sometimes when sending documents to people who use other types of file types but that has improved over time and will probably continue to improve.

Benjamin from Bruce Properties

Affordable & Easy to Use

Workplace, just like any Google product, is extremely simple to use and is extremely reliable. There are more features on it than I am currently able to use, which is a good place to be!

Pros

I love that our team is able to have a professional email address, yet they are also to log in as if it is a Gmail account. It is SO easy to set up on phones and devices.

Cons

I wish deleted emails were saved for longer than 30 days. I really don’t have any cons other than that.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Price is competitive and Google’s reputation for reliability.

Jonny from Key Group

Perfect option for business email and storage

This is a product I would definitely recommend to anyone needing to sort out their own business workspace for docs and emails. It is very cheap for their smaller packages which I work on, and the integration with other Google products makes life a lot easier.

Pros

After having issues with email deliverability this was a primary reason for me to seek to switch my business admin to a new provider. Having received a recommendation for G Suite I switched to Google and have been very happy. Emails are now sent without any deliverability issues and I have everything stored in one place. It integrates seamlessly with other Google products, such as Google Docs, so if you use these as well I recommend looking into G Suite. It is also very competitively priced.

Cons

Nothing to really dislike so far. Everything works smoothly as advertised and at a very low cost. Have not encountered any issues.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Recommendation from a fellow freelancer, and trust in the Google brand

Zamruddin from Navjyoti India Foundation

Overall experience with GSuite so Awesome

My experience with GSuite is great. Because I have recommend GSuite in My Organization and first person in my organization that work on that .

Pros

I love this product so much because Before lockdown my doesn't use this technology for our work. After lockdown we need a Online software that help us to work more and use technology more and more and we Find our answer that is GSuite. We are a education field where Exam and students and live class all this thing need to done and that very tough. And GSuite answer all this things. Be can implement all things that we need to work on my Organization. GSuite help our team to connect all students and teachers with help of Google Meet, Google Classroom.

Cons

This software hard to work we need more then 2 or 3 week Training to properly use this software. And other members in my team doesn't work on this software only few limited people's can use them. That biggest problem of this software.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

I think both are some but some price difference

Carlos Henrique from Gaudium

All your working needs in one place and shareable with everyone in your Company.

Since my first day the use of this software was a must! Besides my personal use, which gave me familiarity with the tools, I'm wasn't accustomed to use with a team. In the end it was easier than I've thought! With Sheets we could maintain everything updated to our clients and Slides was the major tool to our Chief Officers presentations. Even Engineering and Product Team improved the knowledge of new resources to our collaborators. All of this because of the easiness and speed to make a presentation or sheets. Our Intranet is hosted on Sites and we can access everything in a few steps, with a beautiful design. Any company documentation is on Docs, all of it hosted on the company Drive, making it a center of information and storage to these shareable information. Access limitations are on the way so anyone can see only what matters and, if needed, you could have access granted easily. In these difficult times that we're living now, Meet is our only team meeting tool, whether for general meetings or with separated teams, one-to-one meetings are being held this way too. The call quality (even if we have 40 people simultaneously) is incredible. The chat features during the meeting and the possibility to mute someone make Meet an extraordinary tool in this compilation that is practically complete for your daily work.

Pros

Ease of use, almost everything is intuitive. Customizable content on your mailbox (tags, folders, mail rules, models and more). All tools you may need (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet) and they're easily shareable, extremely necessary in times like these were almost everyone is working from home. Marketplace has extensions for almost every need or tools you use.

Cons

It should have clearer, more specific and easier to find documentation. Sometimes you may think that some resource don't exist, but, it was there all the time. Most models should fit everyone, however, sometimes you'll need to customize from an existent model to make something more specific.

Alex from Nikola Institute

The way to go for startups

G Workspace is my go-to for new teams and I routinely advise others to go this way, simply to save headaches down the road.

Pros

Google Apps... aka Google Suite (now "Google Workspace") has been around for some 15 years, and it's the fastest way to get a team online with email and a suite of collaboration tools, while still having a solid pathway for growth in maturity. Cost is very affordable for most startups. Native android integration for mail, calendar, etc. is very important.

Cons

A frequent annoyance for startups is that "obsolete" team member accounts are still charged at the full per-user rate, unless their account (including emails, drive etc.) is entirely deleted. Far better would be an "user archive" option at a discounted rate. Sometimes startups have dozens of temporary team members, and preserving their correspondence is very important for legal and other reasons.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Zoho Mail offers similar features to Google Workspace Gmail, and it's even cheaper, but doesn't offer all the perks of G Workspace such as native android integration.

Anastasia from CubiCasa

Great Choice for Organizations of All Sizes

Google Suite is a great solution. Probably it is one of the best collaborative sites. It makes communication, sharing, and coworking super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I used G Suite for university purposes, but when I realized it is similarly helpful in work setting - it became my favorite tool. I would use Google Docs to document my learnings and work on my assignments and then I would switch to work account and use the same tools to produce valuable work. I am in love with the Google Meetings and Calendar feature and seeing how busy are others based on their schedule. It is extremely easy to collaborate with teammates. I don't have to worry whether I forgot to save a document or about making mistakes (because almost everything can be corrected so easily). The search feature is amazing allowing me to find any document by typing a word/phrase. Also the feature to schedule emails it's absolutely great because it allows me to be professional and to not disturb anyone.

Cons

One of the negative parts is for sure - the difficulty to remove many documents at a time. Support team can be considered average. Small note: When replying to an email from a long thread, I need to type the response which is located at the bottom of the long chain of previous emails. It might waste time in urgent situations by requiring a lot of scrolling. In order to use it - an internet connection is needed even though many features are crucial. Google Sheets don't have so many features compared to Microsoft Excel.

Darrell from GigRoster™ Professional Entertainment

G Suite is a must in our business

Super easy to use and very much fill our needs as a company with team members all over. It is especially good now with WFH protocals.

Pros

It has so many different tools that are included in the suite, it is a real value and it makes collaboration and sharing so simple. With everything in the cloud and on the computer it makes me wonder why it took us so long to switch. It just keeps getting better.

Cons

the web site software is a little limiting and could have a lot more features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

It is simply the easiest cloud based solution for our small business and the cost is very nominal.

Murtaza from Virginia Tech

Industry: Research

Better price/storage than any of the competitors!

It's a pretty great product overall, however, the lack of communication from their support team, and more importantly their lack of presence in updating the features towards Linux distributions is disappointing. In spite of that, they are pretty much above every other competing product, when compared to ease of use, and fluidity between moving across projects, and teams.

Pros

The G Suite functionality is perfect for collaborating across different teams. The versioning system is quite intuitive as compared to other archaic methods. One of the most enticing thing about G-Suite is that it provides and end-to-end offering from domains, docs to storage with Google Drive. There are other competing products, but they do not really match the G-Suite with it's tight integration with different operating systems, and more specifically with the Chrome browser, that enables cross-platform support even for Linux distros.

Cons

G Suite docs are great for versioning and creating quick drafts and share ideas, however the docs that include, slides/spreadsheet/text are severely lacking in features that MS Office has, specifically in terms of the flexibility in customizing margins for example, or even basic features in editing complex math/symbols. Additionally, support for Google Drive while great for Windows/OS X operating systems, is non-existent for Linux distros, specifically their Google File Stream offering, which was one of the driving motivation to switch over to the G Suite.

The Best Out There For Collaborative Work

I love Google Suite. It truly is the best collaborative site out there. It makes communication, sharing, and editing super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I absolutely love how easy it is to collaborate with teammates. I never have to worry about saving a document or losing a document. Google suite makes it easy to keep all my files in one place and share my files with hundreds of other users. G Suite has a lot of storage for my files and makes it easy to archive and retrieve any file. I also love how you can search for a document by typing any word in the file. I use G Suite for everything

Cons

There is not much to complain about but I dislike how difficult it is to remove large quantities of files. I also have a love hate relationship with how detailed the progress history is—while it is beneficial for tracking work, it is frustration when it causes problems among teammates.

Shiva from Self-Employed

G Suite review

Overall G suite is best for any organization and you have to compromise for some of the features such as collaboration tools, Comparing to Skype or Team their hangout isn't great so far. Overall I can proudly recommend this services to anyone with their own research (what they want?).

Pros

Well, A complete google package is suitable for any business. Premium google adds on packages are bonuses. Storage is a very excellent buy for literally anything. There is no need for any special training for employees. Anyone can easily use it. No hassle to train employees. Very organized and fully cloud-based. Gmail, drive, Voice are great development.

Cons

Apart from good features there are few things that people don't like about this product. This is entirely webbased and many of us don't like this. Very average/poor support system comparing to their competitors. Collaboration tools are not great as their competitors offer. Pricing should be even more better.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Initially we exicited with google services and user-friendly gmail and google drive interface. G Voice was awesome alternative for landline.

Ilan from International College of Coaching and Management

Nice features but the service is a Google service = no service.

Overall it's a good and fast suite with most of the things we need. It's lightweight and cheaper than office suite and the option to work even on tablets is very nice. It lack the intuitive ease to use as Microsoft products and lack of support even if you pay. Google likes your money but doesn't care about support.

Pros

We love the simplicity of the option to work online with the staff in our organization or outside our organization. The suite is simple but well done with most of the things we need.

Cons

It's too simple at times and the easy of use you can find on Microsoft products is not find here. It seems that it has more potential if someone would have thought a bit more on usability. The worst part in Google products is the lack of support. After ours of searching how to download a receipt, I saw help pages that sent me to other nonexistent pages and after years of searching - we have no answer. Google have great products, most of them are very simple and this is their advantage but I hope that they will also take care of their paid customers and give them support. Even Microsoft have a help center...

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Simplicity of use and lightweight.

All in one solution for new companies

There is hardly any other tool that offers this much at this price. Google Drive and all its document creation features are essentially a must in any modern company, and the only other option is Office 365 which is still miles away due to their late online adoption and unreasonable price. And it comes attached with the de-facto email manager and a calendar that works out of the vox in almost any android device. The value for money is very competitive.

Pros

GSuite is a plug and play set of productivity tools for virtually any company but specially but starting companies (as early choices may have large impacts down the road). If you're looking into having your email account set up with your domain name, this is the way to go as it works seamlessly to provide a gmail account in that domain (little configuration). Plus, along comes a calendar, video-calls, cloud space for files, and a suite of document creation tools (docs, sheets, slides, etc). Since all of these are very connected with each other, this was a no-brainer choice and very powerful for startups.

Cons

Google created an amazing product by just stiching several of its already existing products and making them work together really well, but beyond that (which is already a lot) there is little else. For example, it's just normal that people enter and leave a company, and the support for forwarding emails or managing these "old accounts" is limited. Other specific functionalities are also limited or a bit too complicated in comparison with the rest of the suite, like managing rooms, creating email lists, or controlling permissions. Also, one misses a Slack-like functionality. Where is google's version of slack? It could so easily be integrated in Gsuite.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Cheaper, and has many more functionality attached to it, like the email, calendar, drive, device management, etc.

Paul from Online media

Industry: Online Media

Arguably essential for any serious small to large businesses

If you're a small business then it's a no brainer: one low monthly fee and you get enterprise-level email, cloud storage and collaboration tools. I use it for my own business, and I recommend it to any of the small to medium-sized businesses we work it.

Pros

- Best in class office suite (docs, sheets, slides with collaborative editing and versions) - Collaboration and sharing is easy (from shared docs, cloud storage and video calls) - Reliable, spam-protected, email service (gmail) - Constant improvements: g-suite has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years ; it's only getting better - So, so much more capability if you want to dive into everything from user-roles to managing employee devices and dedicated apps...

Cons

Sometimes Google's menus can be a bit unituitive. There's almost too much here (especially if you're a smaller organisation)! It would be nice to have a click-and-go set up process with tooltips explaining the features for those new to the service. But generally everything is well-documented.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time, it was the best collaborative office productivity platform. Microsoft and others have caught up, and new systems such as Slack give other options. But G-suite has been consistently reliable without sacrificing innovation, so unless something dramatic happens we'll be sticking with it for the forseeable future.

Jessica from Arizona Beagle Rescue

Industry: Individual & Family Services

All in one solution

Fantastic! We took 2 different cloud servers and merged them into just G Suite. We have cloud based backups, it is very user friendly (even for the less tech-savvy volunteers!), and the setup was super easy. Honestly we dragged our feet with the setup and file transfer because we expected it to be more complicated than it was! I wish we had done this a few years ago!

Pros

Having G Suite allowed us to condense several different file organization/data base software programs into one (G Suite). This allows our non-profit animal rescue to store animal records (owner surrender forms, shelter paperwork, vet invoices, behavior evaluations) in an organized fashion. We also use G Suite for our forms (adoption, owner surrender, etc.) for information coming in. It is very easy to organize and/or search for information. All of our volunteers can have access to what we need without navigating complicated software or programs.

Cons

Some of the add-ons to particular features within G Suite can become discontinued and no longer supported which means we need to find new and similar add-ons to meet our needs. I do appreciate that these discontinuations are done with the purpose of maintaining client privacy and ensuring that add-ons are reputable. Some people get frustrated when they do not take the time to organize their Drive and thus they have difficulties finding documents. Organizing documents on Drive is not as intuitive for many people as it is on the actual computer drive (I'm not sure why!).

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G Suite was more cost effective, works with non-profits, and several of our volunteers have familiarity with from their current jobs. We really wanted all of our records in one place, and G Suite allows us to do that. The integration with all the G Suite programs is excellent for our needs. We can switch seamlessly between Forms, Sheets, Docs, and Slides. Multiple users can work simultaneously on the same document which is ideal as we very rarely meet as a full group and most of our work is done virtually.

Sarah from Self Employed

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

A Necessary Tool for Doing Business

I've been a G Suite customer both in my personal life, self employment ventures, and all the times I've contracted with companies. Over time I've pushed away using Google's proprietary tools (For example, I'll utilize a different email platform but hook it into G Suite), and I will admit there's a serious disappointment to be had when it comes to integrations with "Smart" devices. G Suite will remain a constant part of my life, and it scales well whenever I've had periods of needing additional accounts/storage.

Pros

G Suite is intuitive, and merges well into the workflow for users who've already been using Google products. It doesn't take much to tweak it a bit though it's often a good thing to restrict people to the environment they (often) grew up using.

Cons

The walled garden which is Google becomes G Suites strongest selling point and also it's greatest weakness. Some organizations may not find this meets their needs, and while it's not specific to my use-case everyone should evaluate if G Suite meets their compliance needs. I also will say the admin panel is a bit simplified in comparison to what IT professionals may be used to (this might just be me), though it's improved with time.

It was familiar.

Michael from Hearthstone

Our Team Lives by G Suite

Pros

Our team lives by using G Suite. We love it. There is only one feature i wish it had. (see below) other than that it is perfect, really. and the price is great. love the mobile apps for android and ios. amazing. not many people know g suite is hipaa compliant, that is, if you have google sign a BAA with your company. this is great.

Cons

i wish you could search WITHIN documents on your computer. in order to do this, you need to go to the web interface. you can only search by file names, etc. on your computer.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

best combination of features and price for g suite. liked the mobile apps better for g suite too.

Adrian from Cornertech, Inc.

Google G-Suite The small business no brainer

G-Suite has been awesome. We use Gmail and Calendar , Google Docs for all company documents, Google Sheets for our spreadsheet needs. We use Google Forms to collect data from check lists and to automate the collection of inspection report data. All of this is easily managed via the G-Suite Admin portal. As an admin I have very granular control over user access to drives and files. Recently we added a G-Suite App called Collavate to manage business workflows and manage document approval and control as we begin the process of getting ISO 9001:2015 Certified. No matter what you need Google it and 9 out of 10 times there is a solution in G-Suite.

Pros

For a very low cost Google G-Suite provides essential business tools and services. Essentially it completely replaces Microsoft Office and Outlook, provides data back up and sophisticated, centralized administrative functions via a simple to set up Admin portal and an easy to use cloud based ecosystem of applications. You can start out with just email accounts for your employees then as needed add layer upon layer of functionality as your business needed demand them. I set up all our computers to sync their my documents to user G suite drives. Recently an employee's lap top failed. We got a replacement and in less than an hour after opening the box the person was working like nothing had happened. No re-installing office and dealing with licenses and authorizations, no lost data. We installed one critical application and the rest appears as soon as you log into your G-Suite user account like magic!

Cons

If you are a power user of Microsoft Excel there are a few advanced features that either don't exist or work differently enough to require figuring a few things out in Google Sheets.

Rodrigo from Dapa Sistemas Ltda

Very good, stable, but expensive

We have used the company for several years, without major frustrations. As I said, some functions are missing, we need to think of it as part of the office, with everything you would try to manage on the intranet, it seems like something standing in the way between an intranet solution and a collaborative solution. Although I don't like this form of operation (maybe if it emulated another sharepoint it would be better), I never changed it, despite considering it sometimes, precisely because it is difficult to find a competing service that manages to maintain the same connection and operation stability. It is very rare to find bugs, just as it is very rare to be down. We use it mainly for: saving and backing up files, exchanging files between employees and third parties, exchanging and permanently storing e-mails and docs a little to create documents and spreadsheets or forms to create quick satisfaction surveys for our customers. Google sheets doesn't compare to a local office, basic functions are missing, but it's great for editing a document quickly and sharing. We have already used support, but support is weak, information is lacking and is often time consuming to return. If you can't handle self-service well, this is not a service for you.

Pros

The best thing about the G-suite is stability. You know that it will work, you know that it will have no bugs and that you will not lose files on the drive or gmail. And it's fast.

Cons

Some features take time to appear, perhaps it is the price to pay for stability, but in general there are improvements that you don't use, and basic improvements that never arrive. For example, on the drive you still can't use folders as easily as you do in your computer's file explorer, useful panels are missing information. Another problem that I consider serious is the lack of a part of the drive that is "online only" controlled by the administrator. As it is today, it features a temporary drive for common files, because if I put backup files, client spreadsheets and sensitive data, I always know that they are also accessible from my computer or cell phone, but I would not like these files to be "loose" around. If you lose your phone, good luck trying to delete files remotely.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

In our evaluation, Office 365 proved to be unstable, I cannot trust important company documents to a service that has already lost and corrupted files on my One Drive, or that failed to synchronize. Dropbox was incomplete and very expensive at the time. We have currently done other tests on this service and it is incredibly slow, and even more expensive. Visually I sympathize more with the dropbox layout, it is more pleasant to deal with, but slow and expensive creates more problems than it solves. We tested the option of placing a VM on the web with open source software, but again the problem was making a technician available to maintain security + update + backups, it proved to be the most expensive option of all. In conclusion, we opted for the G-suite there at the beginning for years, and with each revaluation (the last one in 2019), we keep G-suite. Full integration with android also helps.

John from Photography For Little People

Industry: Photography

I've had a very positive experience with G Suite and would recommend it to anyone for personal use, and also for business use - especially if you work with remote teams or need to share & control documents. Whilst it doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles you get with MS office products, for 99% of the tasks I've needed to do I've found it to work perfectly well.

Pros

Having come from years of using Microsoft office products (excel, word, outlook etc.) I was initially concerned about switching to G-Suite for obvious reasons. The great thing about G-suite however is that it is so easy to pick ups and use as so much of the functionality & menus's are the same as what you are probably used to from MS products. By far the best thing about G-Suite is the ease at which you can collaborate with others and manage your files without the usual uncontrolled copies of documents floating around. It's easy to share documents with others and control access. The fact that this is cloud based is also a massive bonus to me. I can access my files from anywhere, on any device. For example I've used Google forms to capture data directly from customers at a trade show using a tablet, that can then be shared & analysed more or less instantly with other applications. Oh and it's also free!

Cons

The only real issue I have is if you try and work offline - it can be a bit temperamental. Likewise if your internet connection is a bit ropey it can be a pain, but for the most part this hasn't been an issue for me.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Cost - G suite gives me everything I need (and then some) for less money. It's a no brainer!

John from Plum City School District

G Suite for Education is GREAT!

We used G Suite to solve the issue with students having many different usernames and passwords for all their devices and consolidated accounts and set up Single Sign On with Google as the Identity Provider.

Pros

We use G Suite for Education, as most schools do. We like most about it is how well it integrates with pretty much every third party that has anything to do in the K12 area. From our curriculum (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) to our SIS (Skyward Qmlativ), we can utilize Google SSO to easily authenticate users to almost every platform we have. This makes it easy and is entirely cloud based and requires no maintenance (unlike Sibboleth) on our end. It also is easy for students because they have only one login to remember.

Cons

Google is known for "wiping out" stuff randomly (like Google Cloud Print, and LSAs (Less Secure Apps)) so I do not recommend it in a commercial environment because environments with lots of legacy devices will be a bad fit with Google's constant changes.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Google Drive for Education's collaborative features are a lot better than Office 365 for Education.

Marcia from Marcia McCray Omnimedia™

I Love G-Suite

Overall, I’m pretty happy with G Suite. It’s a great hub for my businesses.

Pros

I like the amount of space that I have for my GDrive for each of my email addresses & the easy navigation and accessibility to Google’s suite of products. I also like the fact that multiple people can work on a document at the same time.

Cons

1. The search tool can be really sucky at times. I’ve searched for emails and senders that ended up in zero search results which can be really frustrating. 2. Also, I don’t receive some emails (this doesn’t happen often) or the emails arrive days later. Now I know it’s not on my end because we have Xfinity Comcast and I haven’t had any problems with that service. 3. I don’t like emails being collapsed. I’d rather the emails be in one long thread not collapsible tabs. It gets confusing.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

I felt that the quality is better with G Suite and the interface and user experience aligned more with what I was looking for for my brands.

Marisa from The Kevin Eikenberry Group

One of the Best File Storage Systems for Teams

We were having a huge problem with document version control, not knowing where things were (which also related to version control) and it was costing us valuable time and productivity. Now that we have G Suite, that isn't a problem anymore. We just might have to tell someone where a folder is now and then but usually we have it set up pretty intuitively. Plus, because of things like Google Docs and Sheets, we can collaborate on documents that are saved inside of our Team Drive. It makes things so easy! We knew that this product would help us when we decided to purchase it but I'm not sure we realized just how much.

Pros

I love that everything is in 1 place. Our team no longer has to try to figure out who has what file because we know to just put it on the Team Drive. It's also nice because we can share files out to people who aren't in our team which makes things like website downloads really nice because if we need to update it, we just update the current file and don't have to change the link. It has really helped our team be more productive and save time because we're not searching for files like we used to with SugarSync. (Plus trying to remember to share folders with everyone.) I also love that everything is streamed to my computer (unless I have specifically selected to have offline access to something). That way, if I'm working on things where I don't need access to Team Drive, I can just close it. Doesn't take up any extra space on my machine.

Cons

One feature I wish we had although I do kind of understand why it's not available would be the ability to share folders within a Team Drive. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to share a folder with a client to give them access to everything that they need but for now we either have to individually give access to every file or copy it to our My Drive and issue access that way.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

For the money and the features at the time that we were looking, G Suite worked better for us. I believe it was the only one with unlimited data storage at the time.

a G Suite Review by his admin.

I set it up in my business and is very easy to configure it all and have a good way to administrate all the resources and accounts, the domain set up was very easy and this never have downtime, it's always working as gmail, this is a really good product.

Pros

Easy to use, perfect design and Customer Service, perfect integration with all the Google Ecosystem.

Cons

Price (this software is a little bit expensive). The prices start from $6.00 per user and are not too expensive if you have some users but in our company (up to 50) it turns a little bit expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Price, quality and tech support.

Mauricio from Rede TVT

Industry: Broadcast Media

All the basic tools in one service

Everything you need to keep your team productive and connected in one service. This platform provides a rich and reliable data management and facilitates collaboration.

Pros

All the basic tools used by most employees are available and easy to use in G Suite. Google Drive, Corporate Gmail, Spreadsheets, Docs and Slides are all connected and Cloud Based, providing a very reliable platform for collaboration. The administration area gives very clear information about how the service is being used and even provides mobile device management

Cons

The service is very scalable and depending on the number of users it can become high monthly investment. After a year using G Suit the company might get dependent on the services as most of the daily basic tasks are done in the platform, nevertheless, this is cheaper and more reliable than using local licenses and services

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G Suit provides more tools for less investment

Víctor from Opcion Creativa

Highly recommended! A good investment for your company

In general it is a great product for any company, both medium and large, the support is quite fast and in several languages. It takes a little while for the initial setup, but it's worth it.

Pros

When you buy G Suite, you have access to a large number of applications that improve the overall quality of communication within the company and also with customers, "Meet" for video conferences, "sites" for websites, "Chat" to send messages of text and the always useful Gmail are available are included with the subscription. It also comes with a space of 15gb per user in google drive, and office tools. The initial setup is not that simple, but you can have help online or by calling. User administration is quite easy. You can choose between making payments monthly or annually (the latest with a percentage of discount).

Cons

Althogh they provide a FAQ and other instructions on how to customize and implement their products, there is needed additional help from the customer servicer. There are many steps to follow for making specific configuration in the email groups. G suite allows the migration of emails from a previous provider but not every provider is compatible. I also had some problems running the applications on an iphone (the mac had no problem).

Will from Dot Xero

For my clients and my company

Overall my experience with G Suite is a very very good one. We've moved full teams over from the old school web mail to G Suite and everyone loved it. the administrator found is much easier to add/remove and change out users.

Pros

G Suite for the email alone is worth it. Google Drive included makes it a no brainer. Makes administering email for big teams very easy

Cons

A long time ago, Google offered a form of G Suite for free with up to 10(?) users. Many businesses set it up and forgot about it. When trying to set it up for those accounts now, it's a major pain. It continually tells you that there's an account for that domain but doesn't tell you how to open it. You have to contact support, then they have top make you put a code onto the website, then they try to contact the person who opened it up years back. If they don't hear from them, then they'll give you access. This is not an easy process.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We integrate email with a clients website- when someone fills out a form, it emails an email address from that domain name. Microsoft can't seem to figure that out, or why this is done. Wee have to install an SMTP plugin to get the website form to email the client- basically using Microsoft's server to send the email as well as receive it. You'd think they understand this by now.

Bryan from ESSDACK

Best option for a school or non-profit to share and collaborate in an office environment

Gsuite has a minimal cost for us, and it allows us to collaborate within our organization and with all of our customers as well.

Pros

Our organization wouldn't be the same without a tool like Gsuite. Most school districts use Gsuite because it is a free service. We can share and collaborate on just about any kind of document. 90% of our employees do most of their daily job within Gsuite. GSuite also connects to hundreds of 3rd party apps and it can be used as your centralized user database.

Cons

Enterprise security measures are not a top priority. Google is constantly improving this concern, but I believe Microsoft addresses these concerns better than Google.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Gsuite is a free product for schools.

Daniel from Goodnight Consulting

Gsuite-Lots to like

G Suite is great for performing basic office tasks. But if you’re looking to dive deeper you may want to spring for office 365. However the way it integrates with Gmail and with your website are very nice. If your business does it need to perform detailed spreadsheet modeling it should be fine.

Pros

G suite is versatile, easy to use and flexible. Google makes collaboration very easy, and obviously search is a strength of the platform given the publisher.

Cons

The software that is intended to compete with Microsoft: sheets, slides etc. are all a little light on features. Google sheets in particular cannot hold Microsoft Excel’s jock. As a basic spreadsheet platform it’s fine, but don’t expect to do any detailed number crunching or data modeling.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G suite has very strong capabilities in terms of web presence. It is also less expensive than office 365. As a start up business who is counting pennies this is important.

Free G Suite for Education is the MOST amazing deal ever

Honestly, it's been an incredible investment for our organization, and I really couldn't be happier. I feel like if I was paying, however, I would like the admin console to be a bit cleaner and easier to navigate - even cleaning up the confusing wording on the instructions would be an improvement.

Pros

It's free when you are in the education sector and you can't beat that. I can't begin to tell you how much my department has saved in data storage costs alone. Totally worth it to get just that, but the host of other tools in G Suite are also amazing!

Cons

It comes with a learning curve for sure. It can be a bit difficult to understand as an administrator, and although the customization options are AWESOME, they can be complex and require time to learn and understand what they do.

Cost

Michael from Post Hill Press

Industry: Publishing

There isn't a lot not to love about G Suite

With Google being the giant that it is, I'm honestly not sure where to go if I do need support of any kind for G Suite. It's not like Google has a main switchboard that you can all in to and "press 1 for technical support." Perhaps they do and I don't know it. But thankfully, it's very very rare that I need support beyond what can be found online. I wouldn't hesitate to deploy G Suite with any of the companies I oversee.

Pros

When I came in to a new company, I inherited "Google Apps" as our platform. I had been accustomed to the Exchange Server world for email, Sharepoint for files, and was neck-deep in the Microsoft ecosystem in my past experience. When coming in to Google Apps (later rebranded as G Suite), I was a bit uneasy but the unfamiliarity was quickly overcome by the ease of use of Google's tools. One of the things I appreciate most about G Suite is that you never have to worry about the integrity of your data. You know your server's hard drive is never going to crash and bring you down for days at a time. You know you're not going to have to deal with lengthy outages because one upstream provider has gone down. Google is just reliable. It's rock solid, and it just works.

Cons

I think the #1 issue I don't like about G Suite is Gmail's "labels" paradigm. Yes, they offer IMAP, which allows you to mostly adhere to the "folders" model, but "labels" are not exactly the same and understanding the differences can be confusing at first. Also, I prefer to work through an email client rather than through web mail. There are a few programs out there that handle the "labels" implementation well, but many do not, so your choices for email clients become limited. Other than that, I really can't complain about the tools that G Suite offers, nor the price. It's affordable and reliable.

Adam from Consult and Design

Amazing suite of software at a relatively low price

Overall our experience with G Suite has been that it has become indispensable as the "nervous system" of our company.

Pros

We have been able to completely remove use of Microsoft Office products from our company by adopting G Suite and have dramatically increased our productivity. Online collaboration makes document writing easy and higher quality, while we can also now access all our documents seamlessly across devices and locations. Gmail remains the premiere web-based email system and there is so much added value having youtube and the huge suite of Google services at your finger tips.

Cons

There is very little bad I can say about G Suite - maybe Google Drawings could be invested in some more. In the past the Office integration was limited but this has been increased significantly over recent years.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Best value, most mature solution.

Bhavin from Weichert Realtors

Highly productive office suite

Overall it’s a highly productive office suite that helps you focus on work with negligible learning curve.

Pros

G Suite is the best, productive and Possibly the cheapest cloud office suite out there. The best part of this tool is that it gets out of your way and helps you focus on task and not so much on figuring out how to use various menu options and what not. Everything that you need in the email suite along with office tools and customized domains is all in there for a super cheap price.

Cons

While the g suite is great on productivity there is heavy reliance on 3rd part plugins to add more functionality. My only wish is to have some of those tools readily available from within and not outside parties.

Stacee from SMACK Productions

Best Service!

I am in love with this software and I will not go through anyone else with all the service they give us! Their customer service is really effective, too. Most of the employees with the company know what they're doing and can help you with any and all issues that incur within the apps.

Pros

It's easy to use and you can add, delete and edit any and all users that are within the company with a few simple clicks. Our company uses the G Suite business e-mails as terms of communicating faster. It's very reliable. My company also uses the calendar app which is really useful for meetings and set information since it can be shared with everyone within the company. Google Drive is really good for sending documents and important information because it stores it into the drive for the company. Anyone can access it which saves time and effort with the search bar. Google Docs and Google Sheets are amazing for organizing information for meetings and casting calls. It's a simple way to leave notes where anyone can go in and view and/or edit the documents. These documents are also automatically saved in the Google Drive. Hangouts is nice when you're not in the same town but need to have a company meeting. Everyone can be in the conference call and it's hassle free. They also give you a full month of a free trial with everything before you have to pay, which is nice for businesses starting out.

Cons

I wish that the free version had a little bit more in depth services such as just one company e-mail, instead of having to pay five dollars per user. It would be essential for online businesses.

Jean from JeanMarie McCormack Realty

G Suite is great for Small Business

I’ve used it in two businesses now. Mostly because of economics. Also, portability is a plus.

Pros

I like the price and functionality. Integrates well with Microsoft documents. Able to share and edit documents within the group. Easy to “send” a document out side the group, without having to attach to email and risk a bounce because the file was too big.

Cons

I miss the way Excel does graphing. Overall good, I’ve found most of the workarounds. Some retraining of people accustomed to Open Office or MIcrosoft.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Again, ease of sharing files (and restricting files) with my staff.

Sheila from Sunny Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

G Suite is a powerhouse

I am able to collaborate easily with clients with shared documents in Google Drive. I am able to have virtual meetings with a team of people in different time zones with Google Hangouts. And I'm able to have both my personal and business emails open in only one window.

Pros

I love G Suite! It contains a host of applications that make doing business seamless and so much more efficient. I recommend it for every client because you are able to manage your email, cloud storage, calendar, shared documents, spreadsheets, their version of PowerPoint (Slides), and so much more from one place. The email is the same format as Google, which sends promotions and social media notifications to a different folder, thus leaving my inbox for the most important emails.

Cons

The customer service is not so straight and easy to get a hold of. It's not impossible, they just make you jump through a few hoops. But the times that I've had to reach out for a problem are so far and few in between that I don't worry about this much. The power at your finger tips with G-suite's various apps shadow this con.

Jorge from DO IT Internacional

The best suite of productivity tools

We have managed everything in the Google ecosystem for so long and with so much ease that it took away the worries and problems of mantaining a server and investing in infraestructure for a business with not so many employees, but with productivity software needs too. We can rest assured that Google will work 99,9999% of the time without putting in risk our data and connectivity.

Pros

The fact that it's all cloud based is what makes GSuite the perfect solution for businesses of all sizes. Starting with Gmail (everyone's used to this service) and having really competent alternatives to Microsoft Office products makes this a dream. It's also cheap enough and scalable on the pricing side. They've got all covered for sure.

Cons

It's hard to find a con on an almost perfect service, but sometimes they take a long time to update the iOS apps with their latest features, something that in Android doesn't happen, of course. Also, the Google Drive app for macOS needs some more work to be up to their standards.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Microsoft Exchange is too much for us, we don't really need that depth and it's expensive to implement, mantain, etc. We actually use Dropbox alongside GSuite, because of it's great sync features.

Jesse from WETLAND TRAINING INSTITTE, INC.

Powerful tool for collaboration - and for nonprofits it is free!

G Suite has allowed better real-time communication, company branded emails, and provided lots of integrated software tools that are easy to use, share, and adapt for various projects. The ability to share and edit documents among a large group and in real time has greatly reduced administrative time in managing group projects (e.g. minutes can be taken during a meeting with several people entering information and then instantly shared with all).

Pros

I began using G Suite many years ago as the Director of a small foundation. Since we were a 501c3 we got it for free!! Now that I'm in the private sector - I still appreciate knowing that Google supports non-profits in this way. Bonus points! Anyway - back to the product. G Suite allowed me to set up unique email addresses that used our website url ending (rather than gmail) for our staff, board members, or special projects. We were able to create surveys, forms, and other documents and then set the access and privacy as needed for each item. This was a huge game changer for me as an administrator. No more getting 12 various emails and attachments with feedback on a document. All of us can make notes, suggest changes, etc. in real time.

Cons

Occasionally I have run into limitations on my ability to do things that are easily accomplished with Microsoft desktop applications or other software providers - like formatting documents, creating word limits in surveys, etc. I've also been unable to access cloud based items on a couple of occasions due to G Suite errors. These were quickly resolved but still inconvenient in those moments.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Really, we were just using a lot of other tools and dealing with inefficiencies before finding G Suite. I still use some of the "alternative" products - like MS Office, Photoshop, etc. - but G Suite is still unmatched in its ability to deliver a ton of tools in a single dashboard that can be used, adapted, and shared anywhere (via the cloud) and with anyone (via individualized settings).

Nathaly from Enbaya Prepaid Meters

Industry: Utilities

Brilliant all inclusive Business Solution

Overall my experience with Gsuite has been such an adventure. The structure allows for safety but there is so much within the suite that your imagination is honestly the only limit. Because there are so many pieces that can be integrated, changed and work together, I do believe that Gsuite has brought out a different way of thinking for me that allows me to think about process, procedures and customer satisfaction and streamlining all in one. I have had so much learning and playing and growing with the suite.

Pros

I enjoy that this software has so many integrations and is flexible. I find that I have a good main structure to work with but that I can add, change or manipulate the softwares that are involved within the gsuite. I find that collaborating with my Team is a lot easier with hangouts. Our file storage system has become more streamlined with drive. We can each view eachothers calendars so there isn't any double bookings. My favourite tool within the Gsuite is Google Sheets. There isn't anything that I can't do with sheets. Together with App-Script I have managed to developed some mini functioning software for my teams as a way to keep daily tasks and data together, but also automate it enough to take away the admin aspects of their day. Gsuite has brilliant educational material. If I dont know how to do something or if I'm not sure I can integrate with another tool, searching is as simple as asking a question and BOOM! Answers given!

Cons

I sometimes find that tools are all over the place. There isn't one 'Operating System' of sorts that puts them together. This is where something like Chrome OS comes in handy, however on my windows machine I rely on bookmarks, pinning and browser extensions to have my frequently used tools together. However, myself (and most people) are so used to this that it's an almost invisible challenge. It only becomes a little bit complicated when trying to look for ways to seamlessly use both tools together. This is where the right slide drawer in Gmail comes in handy. I just dont use my mailbox enough to frequently use that right slide drawer. If I could have that right slide drawer installed as an extension to my browser that would be all the more useful!

So much value that is easy to incrementally access. It's changed how we work.

G suite has really simplified on-boarding people, both because it works well with everything and because it's easier to start using than desktop software like open-office or libre office. Generally speaking, even folks who haven't used it before find it easier to use than other office suites. For people who are really accomplished in something like ms-office, there might be some annoyances but we have not had issues w/doing projects that had say excel and sheets users together. Google has done a really good job of looking at the entire set of features needed to make various docs, and focusing on the most important things be easy and work well, delivered in a cloud-centric way. Other unexpected upsides are multi-user and online collaboration features, this is available in some other cloud-centric packages but google was one of first to offer this and it's done very seamlessly. Probably the biggest unexpected advantage is the scripting. We now have important business-level applications running in g-suite that were built incredibly quickly, cheaply and have evolved nicely over time. This is for a company without any professional javascript developers, and it's pretty easy to get somewhat quantitatively-oriented folks to add simple functions even if they're not programmers. This benefit has come so incrementally, and we're tapping only a small portion of whats available... the g-suite api is probably the biggest short and long-term benefit of the product.

Pros

So much capabilities for the price. G suite does a lot, but it doesn't try to do everything. What is does is done incredibly well, very easy to use, good user-experience even for first-time users. Learning curve is so short for most features, it's easy to get started and easy to keep adding skills. Good support for open standards and multiple document and output formats (including raw like json/csv). Large community makes it easy to find examples for most things you'd want to attempt.

Cons

G suite is great about Pareto optimization- it does most things really well. What it doesn't do well is noticeable. Usually can be accomplished via another way that it does better. For example to take full advantage of suite, you often need to learn/consider the google/g-suite way of accomplishing. Which once you get in the mindset is easier, it's a do more with less mindset. There are situations where if you're a hardcore excel user, you may find it a bit weak on "included" excel things like pivots or charts. Likewise for presentations, they're basically choosing 70-80% of what you're likely going to use in other products and doing them at a higher level of quality. For most people they won't matter and will be fine. But if you are really, really advanced (we are mostly cs or mba types that are pretty technical, but not necessarily in doc creation)... so if you happen to have some really obscure feature of some program in your suite, you'd first check to see how g suite can accomplish that and if it's to your liking.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We used some or all of these (and still do to an extent), but now we recommend g-suite because of the simple on-boarding, accessibility and collaboration capabilities, and being able to leverage our scripting libraries.

G Suite Does the Most

This product is essential to the workplace, and there isn't an alternative that provides all the products, services, and features included in G Suite. It provided a cost savings by allowing us to cancel subscriptions to other services that are included in our G Suite subscription. Overall, it's a must have for any office.

Pros

G Suite encompasses our email, file storage, backups, spreadsheets, documents, forms, collaboration projects, and much more, all in one place with one login that I can access from anywhere with a computer, tablet, or from my phone. I can't imagine having multiple vendors to provide all the services we get with G Suite. The ability to work with multiple people, both inside and outside our organization, to update the same spreadsheet or document in real time is extremely beneficial. I can also save files to my Google Drive directly from my computer, without having to log in and upload them. If a person leaves the company, we retain all their data, should it be needed. Also, when an employee leaves, he or she can migrate a copy of all their files and emails to a personal account if they wish, but no longer have access to the company account and the company copy of all their data.

Cons

Customer service mostly consists of reading support docs, forums, and articles. You can't call a person for assistance if you don't know how to do something.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

There isn't a single alternative product. The only alternative to G Suite is having multiple provides all the various services that are included in the G Suite package. For example, there are options for file storage that cost about as much as our entire G Suite subscription. But, those services don't allow multiple users to edit a file in real time, and they don't include email, Sheets, Docs, chat, Sites, Analytics, etc.

Ryan from Tier4 Intelligence, LLC

G Suite is the gold standard in productivity applications

G Suite makes it easily to collaborate not only within your own organization, but also with other organizations on every area from email to processing spreadsheets. It's a must-have in my opinion. As a Gmail user since its early days, I completely trust Google and have faith in what they do (from a non-political side, but I understand that's part of their marketing strategy)

Pros

- Integrated with most of the web - Has document/office features, easily accessible through nearly any internet browser - Gmail (email) is closely tied in with everything - OAuth2 / SSO makes signing up for websites that you wouldn't otherwise care to take time on a breeze - Google Voice is awesome - Security is unmatched by any other company

Cons

- Google sometimes has questionable motives - Their betas are sometimes forced - Sometimes they drag their feet on important feature releases after announcement, but regardless they always meet their promises. This actually shows great QA and project management which is more of a pro than a con

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Office 365 had a terrible interface, was slow and hard to use. They also didn't have their authentication system quite figured out, making logging in a pain if you were tasked with using an organization email address that was on their platform. On the other end, G Suite nailed all those things and more.

Everything in one place

G Suite helps us stay organized by having every file, spreadsheet, asset, email, etc accessible from one platform on both desktop and mobile. It makes doing business on the go as easy as sitting in the office.

Pros

It makes storing, sharing, and viewing information very easy. Everything is stored and accessed in one place, from email to calendars to spreadsheets and other files. G Suite keeps our company organized and secure with Google Cloud and mobile accessible apps.

Cons

Customer service is not the best. Even getting in touch with a live human tends to feel like a robot, as they tend to give canned responses and simply restate what is found on the FAQ and support pages.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G Suite had more features and was easier to scale as our company expanded.

CLARK from Granite School District

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

G Suite in the Classroom

Overall, I would highly recommend G Suite in a classroom or any compay really. The storage online is excellent, and best of all, if you create a file in G Suite, it does not count against your storage space. Although with school accounts Google gives everyone unlimited storage. I use G Suite every single day, and some days it can be frustrating, but most of the time it works extremely well.

Pros

As a teacher, I love using the Google Suite in my classroom. I have all of my work on there and I can easily create, edit, share, and display my work from any location. I can work on something on my classroom desktop, but then open the same file on my laptop when I am in a meeting. I can also access my work on my home computer and on my mobile devices as well. Creating SlideShows, Spreadsheets, Docs, etc is easy. Sharing those with others is easy too. As teachers, we love to share our work and collaborate together. G Suite makes it very user-friendly. Google does not charge us our our students to have an account, so I recommend this product over expensive software.

Cons

G Suite does lack some of the more advanced features that you would find on Microsoft or other products. It is a "watered-down" version of the traditional products out there. Although Google is working hard to fix them, I have found a lot of "bugs" in the system that can make it frustrating for me and my students to work. As a school district, if the student or teacher leaves the district (on graduation for example) then the student will lose all of their work unless they share their work with their personal gmail account.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 10,277 reviews