All Orbit Reviews

1-12 of 12 Reviews

Sort by

Reviews are by default sorted by Recommended to software buyers, driven by our proprietary algorithm reflecting the depth and quality of the review, recency of experience, and other factors. As a neutral reviews platform, the star rating of the review is not considered in the "Recommended" ranking, and there is currently no voting mechanism that would allow site visitors to influence the ranking.
User Profile

Andreas

Verified reviewer

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Used weekly for less than 6 months

Review Source: Capterra
This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Great way to track our community growth and efforts

PROS

The statistics are the most essential part of it to track how things are moving along and to optimize and change initiatives based on that.

CONS

Monitoring specific channels on Discord that are only available to use and monitor for specific Discord members would be great to be able to track as well. Also, the fact that every message on Discord is counted towards activity, when sometimes people tend to write several small messages. It would be great to have a timing aspect, where messages sent into a few minutes would count as the same activity.

Jon

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

One community platform to rule them all!

The staff at Orbit is AMAZING! Their team is always active on Discord. Orbit host weekly Office Hour's which is great to jump in with Q&A. When we do experience any issues using the product the team is fast to respond.

PROS

APIs are great! Who doesn't love a product that provides the ability to interface directly with it via API's. Their free tier is generous which allows users to really "experience" their product before buying. (something most companies don't do these days. The new ClearBit integration has to be one of my favorite features! With one click you can "uncover" who are your users and persist that information in Orbit.

CONS

More data connectors would be great. There are a lot of them on the roadmap which is promising. More flexibility in the dashboard capabilities would be great as well.

Reason for choosing Orbit

Orbit is custom built to manage your community analytics. Alternative products would work, but not out of the box built the way we would like to use the product.

Anonymous

501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Was a paradigm shift that I really enjoyed! No more funnels.

Great, really appreciate the team. However sad to see ex-team members talk poorly about culture internally.

PROS

Innovative model for building communities moving away from linear funnels to exponential orbit model

CONS

I want slideware to take to my team where I could customize the orbit model

Maggie

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used daily for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Great tool for Communities based in Slack, GitHub, and Twitter

PROS

Orbit makes it easy for me to identify my most engaged Community members across all channels and to quickly identify new opportunities to deepen Community connections. The majority of our Community engagement is between Slack and GitHub; I love that I can see a member's lifetime activity across those channels in a single place to better understand their journey. We are using the free tier but will gladly upgrade to the next paid tier as our team grows, and use cases become more complex.

CONS

Orbit does a great job of surfacing insights about our Community, but there are limited actions I can take within the tool itself. For example, it's easy for me to identify which Community Members are "Drifting Away", but I can't take any action from Orbit. Instead, I have to toggle between Orbit & Slack to figure out who to reach out to and try to spark engagement again.

elvis

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used daily for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2022

DevRel of one: Scaling developer relations using Orbit

Incredible experience. In addition to the product, the team at Orbit think and write about community constantly, sharing tips, best practices, and also theoretical frameworks to guide strategy. Excited to see what they continue to build!

PROS

The Orbit Model is an actual theoretical progression to how the industry thought about community and sales. Orbit has been incredibly helpful in driving our community strategy and gathering a community pulse.

CONS

Orbit still a bit early and so most functionality around triggering interactions or automated flows have to be set up primarily manually and then integrated with Orbit using Automations. There's incredible opportunity and a great team--innovation and progress on this front is just a matter of time.

The Orbit model, the Orbit team, and their positioning as a developer first organization over developer plus.

Eric

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 employees

Used weekly for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Top Platform for Community Experience, Growth, and Management

Orbit puts the love in Customer Love. They built the best tool with the best service. They travel to meet with users across the world and have great support. They have a lot of gravity and big customers at the table so their meetups turn out to be a super helpful value add beyond the software.

PROS

Orbit invented THE model and standard for community experience management and did a great job transferring that into a usable and practical software system. From understanding which users are coming into and out of our community to the disambiguation system and more it has really help us better understand our community and support healthy and sustainable growth.

CONS

Integrations are getting easier and had I done this review 2 months ago I would have asked for a better LinkedIn integration but that checked that box. I look forward to enhanced visualization tools beyond what they have now and other integrations on the horizon.

Their team "gets it" and understands that software is adopted and not sold. They have other value you added service, knowledge bases, content pieces, and more. They go above and beyond and are super easy to work with.

Nick

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Used weekly for less than 12 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Orbit for Open Source communities

PROS

Orbit is a really great way to understand your community across multiple channels: github, twitter, chat, etc. It consolidates all the engagements at these different channels and displays all this data in a clean beautiful UI. One other great feature is how Orbit creates intelligent metrics (like Reach and Love) for each community member. This helps you better understand your members and rank them based on these metrics.

CONS

There's nothing I dislike about Orbit. They have done a great job putting a great product!

Since our Open Source project is part of the Linux Foundation, we also use LFX Insights. I believe that both Orbit and LFX Insights are complementary.

Hari

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed June 2023

Easy

Overall, orbit is an easy use tool. Will require clear guide note.

PROS

Absolute easy to use. Can access all the client information in one place.

CONS

Sometimes, it takes quite some time to load the data, which will slow down the pace of the work.

Warren

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed July 2022

Orbit gives us great insights into where our community lives & some NEW faces/names to celebrate

Enjoying the insights that Orbit is giving the team and always learning from them.

PROS

Seeing some great reports & insights into where our community lives, along with celebrating our regular community members along with discovering new and upcoming members that we can celebrate & nurture to be more engaged. Orbit seems to be working hard/fast to be adding new features or fixing any issues that are highlighted to them.

CONS

We have had a few issues with the API when doing a custom integration with our own hosted community forum (However NOTE we always got rapid advice/support from the Orbit team be it via support or their community Discord) So yes a few frustrations occasionally, but easily turned around into a happy dev once Orbit jumped into help.

Ry

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used daily for less than 6 months

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Orbit gives us the visibility we need

PROS

The GitHub and discord integration is top notch

CONS

It would be nice to integrate with groups.io and confluence. I can’t tag companies, which is really needed

Alex

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Great for keeping track of your community size

Easy to setup, great for reports, not amazing for managing your community.

PROS

Love the data ingestion setup. Makes it easy to gather it all in one place.

CONS

Not a lot of other things you can do with that data. Wish there was a way to do some processing on it.

Olga

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

OVERALL RATING:

EASE OF USE

VALUE FOR MONEY

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

FUNCTIONALITY

Reviewed August 2022

Orbit for Codility Task creators Community

PROS

It has really nice design and actually because of Orbit I stopped being afraid of data regarding engagement in my community.

CONS

I still don't understand everything and it si difficult to find free spot for a meeting for demo. That's why I didn't decide to buy paid option by now

Showing 1 - 12 of 12 Reviews