Jonas Premier Reviews

4.58 / 5 (182) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 11 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I like the interface, it's very fast to learn and user friendly"

• "The product is fairly straight forward and easy to use. The support staff is very knowledgeable and works in a timely fashion"

• "Great customer service. Constant updates to the software have greatly improved Jonas Premier over time. Has improved since the move to Chrome."

• Cons

• "Still working through some bugs with the rollout of the newest release, but the support team is on top of things to help them get resolved quickly"

• "Everything is good so far, there were some problem at the beginning, but that might not be the software's problem, and the few bugs have been fixed already. "

• "Still some bugs to fix - however they are right on top of them. Other than that I have nothing negative to report."

Browse Jonas Premier Reviews

Dustin from John Wayne Construction, Inc.

Huge upgrade over quickbooks

Tremendous upgrade over quickbooks.

Pros

Job Budget control screen and interactive reports on job costs in real time. Implementation team was phenomenal at helping to deal with the challenges of leaving an inferior software.

Cons

The migration from quickbooks was very challenging and time consuming. But that is much more an indictment of quickbooks than it is of Jonas.

Mario from Basekamp Construction

A President's Perspective

Pros

I like the job dashboard, and was surprised to learn I can create a company budget which will be really useful for corporate to prepare and compare against budgets without having to utilize the project modules

Cons

The program really needs a report to summarize revenue by client and the number of projects or even number of transactions. I would really like to see year over year, revenue by client, what the average revenue is per project and how many projects or transactions happen. Is this an active client, a big one with lot's of little jobs or a few big ones, etc. The same could apply for vendors. Employee reports could be improved. It is difficult to quickly see rolled up time for an employee or series of employee per projects with hour and dollar value totals. Project labour reports could be improved with getting total hours without having to export to excell

Stephanie from Windmill Development Group Ltd.

Taking Our Financial Reporting to the Next Level

Pros

The ability to drill down to trace transactions. How it is intuitive to project managers to manage their budgets and cost controls seamlessly with the accounting team.

Cons

I really wish that there was a notification function as it relates to new AP and POs to be approved.

Price and functionality

Karen from Strategic Mechanical Marketing Inc.

Jonas Premier software review

For the owner of the company, the benefit of working with Jonas Premier is significant. The data I post translates to a comprehensive project overview for him to immediately know that projects are meeting budget and profitability targets. Understanding that and learning how to provide the information within Jonas Premier was a challenge initially but well worth the time invested to become proficient in the use of the software. Without the help of the support team at Jonas Premier, I'm not sure I'd be saying that - they are awesome!

Pros

Jonas is incredibly robust, especially for anyone in the construction industry. The multitude of project reports in Jonas Premier allows you to completely understand the profitability of projects (in real time and with the ability to drill down in problem areas) and to quickly make adjustments. When you're dealing with multi million dollar projects, the ability to pivot quickly is critical for ensuring you're meeting your anticipated profitability. The support team at Jonas is amazing! Whenever I'd encounter a process that I wasn't familiar with or something didn't seem to be working the way I anticipated, they were quick to provide information and support documentation that would help me to better understand.

Cons

Jonas as more of a learning curve than I'd anticipated. While it follows all accounting principles, usability is not quite as easy as Quickbooks - nor should it be, as Jonas has far more features for project management! But once I had worked with the software for a couple of months and understood the processes for dealing with changes in distribution or reversing journal entries, everything made far more sense. I now consider myself fairly fluent in Jonas Premier and prefer working in it over other accounting programs I've used.

Robert from JAAM projects

Mixed feelings

Pros

Jonas offers a lot for the costs to use this programme, however its low cost compared to other programs does mean that it lacks some of the features of larger companies like Jobpac. Its an affordable alternative to these companies and will do all you need it to for accounts AP and AR.

Cons

Lacks the usability of project management modules, this needs improving to become a better product that project teams can use well.

Bo from Basekamp Construction Corp.

Jonas Premier

Pros

Cost Transparency Cost Tracking Organization

Cons

Training - in person training would be better than the webinars

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

We felt that Premier was most suitable for our growing company. User-friendliness, visual display, etc..

Agi from Basekamp Construction

review

when dealing one on one with customer support it ha been great. when calling in to help line it could take awhile to get an answer.

Pros

As we go through the learning process I realize the software can do a lot we just have to learn how to use all the modules. it can save us a lot of time on from the way we were previously doing things.

Cons

some of the reporting features are not there.

Brian from Nichols Construction

Accounting and Project Management Software

Pros

Great value for the accounting and project management bundled together in one integrated program.

Cons

I didn't like the way the PM software is set-up: it has an accounting approach and not a PM approach to the projects.

Megan from JAC Construction, LLC

Great Software

Pros

I love being able to create Subcontracts right from the program. And being able to create multiple at the same time. The development team is always taking suggestions and making improvements.

Cons

Not having estimating. When we were first shopping for a software our needs were a bit different at the time. But for construction accounting it's been great. I know that they are always taking suggestions and making improvements.

Alejandro from Torcon Ltd.

Jonas Premier - Torcon LTD

Jonas has helped the company on organizing and identifying documents; and monitoring and controlling project's budgets properly.

Pros

Jonas is a really good software that allows any company to track documentation faster

Cons

Sometimes the software gets a little bit slow

Scott from SRD Builder, LLC

I've already commended Jonas to friends in the industry

Having some experience in the software implementation and client-support roles, competent and timely support is very important and can make or break the adoption of new technologies and processes. On all fronts (the technical, functional and even accounting principles) the support team is delightful to deal with. I get personal attention (that I try not to abuse!) and I never get the run-around. Each inquiry is met with personal interaction and complete ownership to resolution. "'dem Canadians have their ducks in a row!!"

Pros

This is a proper accounting system that encourages the disciplines that promotes scalability, completeness and consistency in operations. An outgrowth of that are the tools and processes that support the financial project management aspects including job cost tracking, reporting and billing. The controls around change orders, other modifications to the original contract, subcontractor compliances and a host of other facilities allow for professional and thorough handling of the real aspects of custom home building and large renovation projects.

Cons

Transaction-level automation... with time as a crucial element in a fast-paced environment, I would like to see feeds from our financial institutions so that manual re-keying is a thing of the past. I hear they are working on this, as I realize it is no small task and is very expensive to implement). In a mobile world, the IOS app should be included and be robust enough to get work done in the field ( I've never used it because we don't have a subscription to it).

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

Power of Toolset, Room to Grow, Industry Accounting & Report Features, General Design, Flow & Flexibility, Solid middle-tier Pricing, Reputation for service and Accessibility & Security.

Judy from Primus Companies Inc

Love Jonas

My goal with Jonas was to implement a software that would take us into the future and allow some automation. The time savings I have seen has been incredible. It has allowed us to stay steady with the accounting staff we have with little to no overtime! The staff has been great and at times extremely patient with us.

Pros

It is easy to get around the software. It is great to store all documents in one area. The drill down capabilities make it easy to get to documents without having to do dig for paper in a file. The financial reports are amazing. There are so many options it is great. You can make your own, but the canned solutions make month end reporting a snap. There is a job dashboard that will show you everything about a job at a glance. I am in this quite often for varying reason. There is a lot of information in a snapshot. I like that Jonas listens to the users and implements options that make sense. I also have a main go to person for customer service. He is amazing and listens. While he may not always agree, he will point out the reasons my solution will not work. Most of the time, he takes it to the team to further action. They have a great online search area. While there isn't a ton of people contributing, there are a good number that are consistent with good best practice advise (users like me).

Cons

Check writing with lien waivers is a bit cumbersome. I can't wait for lien waiver tracking to be automated. There are so many fields we use, but Jonas doesn't use them in any way. For example: email addresses are just there, it would be nice if you could email people directly using these fields (invoices and pay apps?) Adhoc reporting does need some help. I am used to being able to get to all the fields and I cannot always get to the field I need.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

The options were exactly what we were looking for. Cloud based, ease of use, customer focused company, one stop for most of our needs.

Sommer from Kingdom Granite, LLC.

Jonas will take us to the next level!

We had a lot of redundancy with our current system and Jonas will provide a clean and clear electronic process for us. We wanted to bring as much as possible under one roof, and we wanted a clearer picture of job costing and future projections. We were also tired of relying on excel documents for so much information. Jonas is helping us solve all of these problems, as well as helping to get important info out of people's inboxes and into a system that everyone can access! It will also help us to reduce data entry errors and small mistakes with billing. Thank you Jonas for coming at just the right time in the life of our business. We feel confident that you'll take us to the next level!

Pros

1. Full service software Jonas is a full service software that includes original estimates, subcontract creation, change orders, progress billing, T&M billing, RFIs, data management, and much more. Everything is included under one roof so instead of having to bounce back and forth between multiple programs we can access almost everything we need in one place. 2. 6 weeks of amazing training! The training and implementation aspect of this software was excellent. The team is friendly, professional, helpful, and always willing to answer questions (and I asked a TON of questions) and help us figure out how to make Jonas work for our company. I really appreciated that they helped train us in best practices and showed us ways to improve upon our current processes. We loved having people to hold our hands and guide us through the process. 3. Organization I really love the flow of the software and how well it organizes our jobs in an easy to use system. It's quite robust and takes time to learn, but once we're up and running I know we will be so grateful to be able to perform so many operations with the click of a button. No more hunting down important info in emails, printed documents, or computer files. We'll be able to access so much information in a short amount of time.

Cons

Learning anything new takes time and effort. There was definitely a lot to learn but Jonas emails us all of the training videos so we can access them at any time and there's a ton of support once we Go Live. We're a small team, so it felt like a lot of work, but that's normal with any new software implementation. If you have a small amount of employees, you'll really need to manage your work hours well so you can continue running your business and handle all of the training and implementation. We did it, and you can too!

Michael from Maisons GEM

Integrated Project Management, Document Management, Accounting, and Job Forecasting Software

Pros

To prioritize the pros of this software as compared to the traditional out of the box type softwares in its category, I have to say the overwhelming advantage of Jonas is the people who handle your transition into the implementation of this software tool to your company or companies. I mean, who cares how extensive and exhaustive the features are if you don't have a personalized team to help you get up and running. I personally don't quite understand how they are able to offer this type of personalized customer service for each client. They learn your business and how to best organize it and even tailor the software to meet your needs. I've never experienced this before. They listen to what you need and then come back with modifications or a different approach to continually streamline your day to day operation. You are assigned a team from the beginning, actual human beings that you interact with on a first name basis. They are on top of things, and that's really comforting for someone who is a habitual procrastinator. They make your daily tasks a breeze with minimal effort. I like that it is an online application. I can access it from any device. Really handy when looking up stuff on a phone while I'm on site - a suppllier invoice, contract, plan, sketch, etc... The user interface is very simple, everything is right there on one screen and not buried under a hidden tree of drop-down menus. You can create your on short list of favorites on the fly. The document manager is like having your own unlimited DropBox portal but with the advantage that the search capabilities are infinitely more powerful and logical, as the software stores all of your documents that you upload, attach or link for you to find through multiple queries as opposed to DropBox where if you forget the name of the file, good luck finding it. Very handy in my business as a builder is the tracking of subcontractor compliances that can be set up to block payment or at least warn on payment of a sub if he's late on a particular compliance. This was a real problem before. Who has time to constantly check and harass these guys for compliances. Just don't pay them and see how quick they email you that compliance .

Cons

Only complaint is that the software initially seems to be more set up for sub-contractors rather than general contractors and developers. I also buy land and build independantly so the accounting is quite a bit different as I have to capitalize expenses and revenue at completion of projects and jobs if I want to maintain a positive cash flow. The consequence of this is that the customer service team has to re-adjust to first understand the very different accounting that I need to have in place and from that point make adjustments and tailor the software so it suits my needs.

Amy from URC West, Inc.

Implementation Process - Onboarding - Go Live

Pros

We love the automation of the software and its ability to streamline our overall process. After researching many construction softwares, Premier was the best fit based on its ability to drill down into details and its ability to make changes in an interactive platform. What set Jonas Premier apart from other softwares even more than the software itself, is their support staff. The on-boarding process was complete and step by step for our team to successfully roll out. The functionality of the software forced us to improve our processes as a company creating efficiencies that did not exist prior to Jonas. We are very pleased with our decision and very thankful for the support team at Jonas Premier.

Cons

We have not currently experienced any cons. There are areas that we have had to create work-arounds based on accommodating project specific needs, but the software has handled it nicely.

Jessica from SiTESPAN, LLC

Love it!

The representatives at Jonas are excellent. Very knowledgeable, patient and responsive. We have had a great experience.

Pros

We really love the ability to automate several functions of the project management duties. Before, we were keeping a variety of spreadsheets updated manually to track certain functions, sometimes touching the same information multiple times. Now, we input the data into Premier once, and we're able to report on the financial data, for example, multiple ways with just a few clicks.

Cons

We'd like to see them enhance their accounting system specialties, such as partnering with a payroll processing company and an employee expense tracking solution (such as Concur) to streamline both payroll and tracking of credit card expenses. Having these functions automated as part of the Premier package would really help out!

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

Price and responsiveness to our initial inquiry.

Terri from 1784 Capital Holdings

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Learning as we go, current training client loves what we have seen so far!

Everyone at Jonas has been very professional, friendly, helpful and seem to genuinely want our conversion to be a success. They have been very accommodating with my schedule and the need to reschedule appointments or take things out of order, based on work load. Everyone is incredibly responsive and I couldn't be happier with our training to date.

Pros

We are currently in the training phase and are about half way through. I love that during training we have live webinars with the trainers and are able to ask questions and follow along in our test environment. Trainers are very knowledgeable and patient and the webinars are designed to be easy to follow along! The provided recordings of the webinars are a big help in going back and working in the test environment on your own afterwards. The webinars are followed up by one on one calls to discuss your company's specific needs and to dig deeper into specific areas; these sessions have been incredibly helpful and I highly recommend taking advantage of them. Coming from an environment that has done all of its project management manually, this is a huge conversion for us and based on everything we are experiencing during training, we made the right decision to go with Jonas!

Cons

So far in training, there isn't anything I don't like about the software, as we are still digging in and learning our way. Some modules are easier to follow along than others, although I think that has a lot to do with personal preference (I enjoy the PM training sessions much more than the accounting). I think for me my biggest frustration with the training is the scheduling of the webinars. As the person leading the conversion, but also having to accomplish my regular work on a daily basis, two back to back hours of webinars twice a week is sometimes difficult to manage and I find myself having to skip or leave early at times. If i could change anything it would be maybe to have a morning and afternoon session instead of back to back.

Barbara from Brighten Up Painting

Great Customer Service and Software

We are extremely happy with Jonas Premier! The customer service is outstanding and our rep always goes above and beyond when we have questions. Although we do not fit into the standard general contractor box, Jonas has shown us that it can be utilized to fit our business needs. ​

Pros

We enjoy the scalability and functionality of Jonas. As a small business, it allows us to function at a much larger scale with less woman-power. Previous to using Jonas, we were doing most business functions manually, such as AP, AR, and Subcontracts. In the last year, we have been able to integrate these processes into Jonas which has improved workflow tremendously! We love the reporting options we have and how we can get real-time​ information without having to search through a bunch of emails and hard files. The release of the Sub Pay App has been heaven sent for us! It has eliminated all confusion on contract amounts, approved change orders, and our subcontractors submitting various different invoice formats at various different times in the month. Our subs find the process easy to use and our admins get all the information they need with one click. ​

Cons

We have noticed in working in certain areas that even after saving and refreshing the tabs, we will have to completely log out and log back in to see changes. It is also very difficult to correct/delete certain things after they have been processed. We understand this is to protect the integrity of our data, however,​ there have been times when we would have liked to override/remove items for our own ease of use. ​

Andrea from McGuire Contractors, Inc.

Jonas Premier has been an exceptional software to work with here at McGuire and consistently continues to get faster, more detailed, and user friendly on a monthly basis!

McGuire has been a customer with Jonas for over 2 years and we have been extremely happy with the continued upgrades, support, and top notch software they provide at an affordable price. Looking forward to future enhancements and having the opportunity to meet not only your staff, but other customers at your upcoming convention!

Pros

Speed, versatility, customer support, and friendly staff. When work/construction was scarce for our company, you took the time to help us come up with a payment plan. The reporting is amazing! You have made a lot of changes in regards to being “user friendly” AKA the ability to delete. Keep this going! Pending AP Invoice Report is also a great addition. I am grateful for your monthly webinars followed by the taped session to refer back to. Dashboard is fresh…love it!

Cons

On reporting such as the financial statement report we see -#’s different then we are accustom to. When the number is negative it shows in positive and when positive it shows in negative (with bracket). Can that be reversed? Since the new update I have posted some items and they don’t show up on other tabs unless I logout and back in (even after refresh) this has happened 3 times. When a change order is rejected its unable to be modified. I would like more opportunity to drill down into reports.

Tricia from BEC Construction Inc

Jonas Premier Review

We can now create percentage of completion reports instead of using excel spreadsheets. The reports are a great tool for project managers.

Pros

1) The software is very user-friendly, the upgrades are very useful and the support is good. 2) Cloud Based - can be accessed from any where. 3) The development team does listen to recommendations for software use and tries to develop and implement those suggestions.

Cons

1) We had a very difficult startup and implementation period. Our recommendation would be to someone looking into the software - Once you go through the group training, there should be one on one training to custom the software to the individual organization's needs. We were rushed through the training and right into one-on-one. We did not have enough time to convert the information from our old system in order to know what questions to ask. 2 ) We have issues with the software rounding, so reports and invoices are out of balance by pennies. 3 ) Could not use the mobile app - The APP does not work for Daily Reports

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

We were told the software could do cost plus billing and had an app for Project Management - which turned out to be not true. We are just now getting cost plus billing after being with Premier for 23 months.

John from McCollough Scholten Construction, Inc.

Great experience

Although we are not a huge company, we have found that this software can be run with just one person. It doesn't necessarily take a whole team of people to keep up with the day to day accounting or project management operations. On our previous software, I had little time to do anything but accounting work; but with Premier, I now have time to get out of the office and quote work, while still keeping up with my accounting role.

Pros

Jonas Premier has surpassed our expectations. Premier has reduced the overall time we spend on accounting procedures every month, allowing us to focus more of our attention on our customers needs, estimating, and selling jobs. There are many reports to make sure we stay on top of our AP and AR. Although we haven't started to use the Subcontract portion of the software yet, we are hopeful that it will streamline our subcontract agreement process. The Accounts Payable section is extremely easy to use, and with the Jonas Premier add-in for Excel, entering new information is a breeze.

Cons

There are still a few small things that need to be worked out, mostly ease of use features. Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to remember to post your work; for example, we pay bi-weekly, timecards must be posted each week, and then again at the end of the pay period. So, for a two week time period, I have entered and posted timecards on two occasions, but then after the second week is posted, you have to post the whole payroll period in a separate location.

Phillip from Reach Construction Group

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The Best Project and Financial Management on the Market

We use Jonas Premier extensively to manage all of our Solar EPC and Solar Construction projects. We use it to manage all aspects of the project (people, schedule and cost). Features like the dashboard provide management with a quick tool to see the status of a project, and also provides the ability to dig down into the numbers to see what is impacting the project.

Pros

The fact that it was capable of managing both project and financial data in one platform, but was still robust enough for even a large organization. Premier has the ability to cover about 90% of all project management needs, and they are already working on the other 20%, which would cover the proposal process. The financial management is as robust as any major system on the market.

Cons

The only thing that I did not like was the inability to support the proposal life cycle. However, I believe they are already working on adding this feature.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

Jonas Premier provided the most complete solution and was a lot easier to use than the other platforms

Nikola from CentreCourt Developments

Strong Customer Support and Workflow Approval Capabilities

I would recommend this software to other companies in the real estate sector. While the software has some weaknesses, their team is constantly working on adding new features to improve the user experience and efficiency. Also, customer support at Jonas is very strong and their team is usually very responsive and is there to make sure your transition goes successfully.

Pros

The software has very robust workflow routing capabilities and can help companies transition to a paperless workflow approval process. Controls within Jonas are strong and there is a lot of ability to customize what each of the users can and cannot do in the system. The implementation team is very helpful and responsive to questions/concerns. They work hard to address issues encountered and have helped to ensure that the transition process goes smoothly as possible.

Cons

The software is mainly geared to sub-contractors and not real estate developers. As such, Jonas currently lacks some capabilities which cater to developers (e.g. currently the Change Order report only looks at changes from the revenue perspective as opposed to the cost perspective). However, Jonas is working on addressing these issues. Navigation within the system can be improved to increase efficiencies (e.g. being able to select multiple invoices within a batch to approve as opposed to doing one by one if you don't want to approve the whole batch, or not being constantly asked whether you want to save changes while you're still scrolling within the same module). Also, sometimes there are bugs in the system (e.g. not reflecting the changes that were made) but most of these can be resolved quickly by logging in and out of the system.

Hesam from Milori Community Development

Great Product by a Greater Team

The staff have been excellent in providing ongoing support.

Pros

The integration of the project management and accounting modules.

Cons

The Mobile app needs improvement specially for the site staff.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

The alternative was too complex to implement. Training was insufficient.

Tyler from Engelke Construction LLC

Jonas Review

Our overall experience with Jonas has been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our account manager is the best! He is always there to answer questions and fix things in a timely manner when we need him to. Overtime we have gotten better at using the software and I also believe that Jonas has made some major improvements since we began using the software 5 years ago.

Pros

Here at Engelke, we really value the amount of time that Jonas saves us. After we began to use Jonas, it eliminated the need for robust paperwork and other timely tasks. We use the software on a daily basis and really find that it not only saves a lot of time but also gives you very valuable data to be able to reference back to.

Cons

Not everything always works the way we need it to or think it should. There are some things that we wish it could do that it does not currently do.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Premier

Had both the accounting aspect as well as the project management aspect.

Nick from Claybar Contracting Inc.

excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, drill down capabilities, reports and Dashboard.

Cons

sluggish when dealing with large amounts of data.

Better product.

March 2015

Alex from MAX Construction, Inc.

March 2015

Jonas Newbie

Pros

So far, the product has been easy to maneuver and understand. When I purchased Jonas a competitor asked why Jonas? Here is my response: "I liked the fact that I don’t buy modules. I buy a complete package that is updated regularly and I get those updates. All apps are part of the package. This enlarges our use of licenses. Since Jonas is Microsoft based, we use our existing estimating system and it will populate the Jonas system. One less group to train. I am locked into unlimited training at a defined cost. The system is cloud based not cloud stored. Access is anytime as a result. I was able to define my cost exposure 100%. That was a tremendous comfort zone. I know what my yearly cost exposure potential is limited to. I hope that helps as I wanted a solid comfort with the system I chose. In all cases Jonas seemed to best fit our needs." Response from competitor: "Thank you for your candor. All good reasons, especially pertaining to the “good fit” statement. I wish you and Max Construction all the best in the coming years and hope I get to hear how everything goes at some point in the future. It has been a pleasure working with you."

Cons

I do not have any dislikes at this time. Jonas has shared new products coming on line and I am truly excited about the whole thing.

Micah from Highlander Design + Build

Jonas Premier consistently exceeds my expectations.

I've used several Job Cost Accounting software packages, from SAGE 100, SAGE 300, and ProContractor. Jonas Premier is by far my preferred package. I'm telling you, their support team and development team is amazing!

Pros

This product is easy to use and there is not a steep learning curve. The development team is AMAZING! They are generally interested in what features could be improved or introduced to make your workflow easier. The fact that the program is 100% Cloud Based makes things so much easier for us. Also, it is very easy to modify reports and forms as much as you want.. You don't have to use some awkward reporting engine, you can use Word and Excel to modify reports and get data in/out of the system with ease.

Cons

I can't think of much - maybe that their office is in Canada and not across the hall or next door???

Nathan from Great Plains Structures, LLC

Perfect Construction Accounting Solution for Small Contractor

More time you take to set this product up correctly, the more it will benefit you in the end... Take your time and get it set up right!

Pros

Jonas Premier has a very user friendly interface, and allows for more customization than a product like QuickBooks or Sage 100 for a small contractor. Most software packages in the cloud don't allow for easy integration with Microsoft products, however, Jonas Premier does an excellent job of allowing for quick data entry via uploads (something QuickBooks specifically doesn't allow out of the box). Getting up and running with the software was easy and enjoyable through the webinars hosted by customer support.

Cons

Seems like this product needs some work in reporting. The whole software interface is nice and crisp and looks up to date using current technology, but the reporting mechanism seems like it's a little archaic. That said, you can get a lot of data easily (and quicker) through Excel, and if you are handy with Excel, reports are easily made.

Rex from Abstract Construction Inc.

Overall Good Software

Our invoice approval process as well as our payment approvals have become effectively paperless, which I would say greatly improves productivity. The support team is very responsive and transparent, for which I am very grateful.

Pros

Sorting features and column order customization. Document uploads for invoices and journal entries are also a huge plus. I think the internal approval process is a massive improvement to physical alternatives.

Cons

Frequent errors and calculation inconsistencies (specifically with rounding amounts)

Ty from LDC Construction LLC

Keeps getting better

We've been with Jonas Premier for four years now. During that time my experience has been very positive. When there are bugs, issues, or questions that arise, the support team is very responsive and helpful. The leadership team is very connected with the needs of their customers; they care about what their clients want and need and their development team delivers. The software has grown and matured nicely. The most recent version is a significant enhancement that has been in the works for a while now, but it was well worth the wait. I like the software....I love the company. Premier has been a valuable partner to us.

Pros

The newly released Premier is very responsive; crisp and quick, with drill down capability throughout. We have yet to fully use the capabilities of the software.

Cons

Although all of the data is accessible via Odata and can be formatted and reported in unlimited ways, I'd like a few additional canned reports.

Chunrong from Distrikt Developments Corp

Smooth/excellent TRANSITION with help of the JONAS implementation team

Pros

The different models are excellent to meet the accounting requirements for contractor, construction and development companies. I especially like the excel uploading/downloading function which saved us a lot time! And compared with other softwares I implemented, the function to transfer beginning balance is an easy work now. The job costing model, the PO model and the Subcontract model are excellent and enable us to provide any reports that the projects team would request.

Cons

I strongly suggest JONAS improve the customized report function. This function on the in-house version is perfect and hope the cloud version can do the same.

Travis from Razor Construction

Modern, Integrated and Fast

Through its use of customizable forms and general architecture, Premier eliminated a lot of duplicate or manual work for us.

Pros

It's tailored to construction accounting and in that way is quite intuitive to use. At a performance level, it's fast on the Web and the various ways it shares and references data internally makes workflows quite speedy. It's also regularly updated with new features and they share their roadmap and vision going forward.

Cons

While technically OS agnostic, it's not platform agnostic or mobile friendly as it requires the Chrome browser and it's not formatted for small screens. I'm not trying to do my full AP workflow on an iPhone, but I can't look up an invoice for reference or get a vendor contact out of the system in an easy way on mobile.

Stephanie from BP

Great Software - Ongoing support

Great!

Pros

I like that it's an all-in-one accounting and project management software, making information collected via data management, AR/AP, and PM integrated and centralized. They also provide excellent onboarding and ongoing customer support. I'm new to construction as well as to bookkeeping and their team has had endless amount of patience and for my equally endless number of questions. No problem is too big, small, or ridiculous for them to tackle.

Cons

I made the somewhat unfortunate decision to request a Macbook instead of a PC for work. While the add-ons are mainly used only in the setup portion, the only thing that isn't ideal is that some of the MS Office Applications Add-Ons do not work with the applications for MS Office for Mac. The team, however, is super great about making the necessary adjustments on their computers so that it's not remotely the end of the world.

Andrea from Engage Contracting

Jonas Premier

Pros

Jonas Premier really does a good job integrating all facets of the accounting and project management sides of managing your construction projects and presents it in a clean, intuitive cloud-based software. The training process, though extensive, truly is great and individualized so that you can tailor the software to your needs. The one-on-one experiences with the support staff is great and they really do listen and actively address any questions or concerns that arise. In terms of how it streamlines our management and accounting process, I couldn't be happier. We get more done by doing less, with less opportunities for errors and greater opportunities for managing costs appropriately. I'm excited for how this software makes us a more marketable and efficient company overall.

Cons

Training is a bit time-intensive; but on the flip side of that I really do believe their training is great in that they really do want to make sure you know what you are doing before you "go live" in their software. One perk of Premier is that most of their costs are paid all upfront; however we were a bit blindsided with some recurring costs that we thought were included (i.e., mobile app use, sub pay app, etc).

Alicia from Blackstone Industrial Field Services

Jonas Premier - Client 118047

Jonas Premier is great to supply notifications or warning to prevent a job from going over budget. It has stream lined our purchase order and subcontract process and well as linking all documentations if something would need to be audited.

Pros

The like the Job Dashboard very much. It gives you a quick view of your job to see the progress and status of each stage. Also I really like the Estimate upload feature because it makes creating subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders with a simple click of few buttons. Also the AIA Progress Billing process and T&M Billing process is very easy. Again with a click of a few buttons the AIAs and AR invoices are created with all supporting documentation attached and tied back to subcontracts or purchase orders. Also if AP or AR invoices need to be reverse the process is very simple again with the click of a few buttons.

Cons

I found the company logo upload was not as easy and it should have been. There is no way to really edit the existing company logo. Also the check formatting has been a challenge getting it to line up correctly. So over all the forms creation is very time consuming and not an easy as it should be. Also setting up role security for users is not as simple.

Zach from Peerless Construction, Ltd.

Bang for your buck!

Pros

It is a seamlessly integrated, fully-mobile product that can be adapted to the varying situations that present themselves for modern construction company. Being that it is cloud based we are ready to job on a project location as soon as we have internet access; no long winded set-up process or expensive IT costs for VPN or remote server set-up. Your controller will love the product as much as your PMs if they are used to any of the traditional or non-integrated systems.

Cons

You have to create and format all/many of the forms/reports, which is both time consuming and can cause potential continuity errors. I believe that they are working towards solutions for this though.

Novzar from Dominus Construction Group

Perfect software for seemless integration of estimates, budgets, committments, costs and EAC

Jonas Premier people hold your hands during the transition period, patiently answer all your questions and concerns and ensure a successful transition. Periodic introduction of new features strive to keep the software responsive to customer needs and wish lists

Pros

1. Logical sequencing of menu items 2. End to End consistent user interface 3. Excel training program 4. Committed and customer focused client support 5. A robust document management system

Cons

I would love to see: 1. Complete glossary of all field headings used in all forms and reports 2. A user driven Report Builder that allows the user to pick and choose various fields, make choices for filtering, grouping, sorting and totalling data, enabling them to design their own reports

Braxton from Industrial Development Advantage

AWESOME!!!

We love it!

Pros

The software meets all our needs. We run 13 companies each with different needs. This is a construction software, but we do other companies involving investments, property management, and it meets all our needs and more. One of our favorite features is the document manager. It is super easy to grab documents and attach that document to any transaction. It frees up our computer space and organizes it much better than we could have by ourselves. This software really is for everyone that wants to take the time to learn. It is a tedious process to get started, but well worth it and will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Cons

My only con would be that the training videos are a little long. I think the videos could be a quick overview of the item that is being trained on, then we are required to go and try and figure it out ourselves. The great thing with Jonas is that you can mess up in your test company and nothing carries over once you go live. So mess up as much as you want, it will help you learn. If the videos had a little revamp and shortened with more interaction, there would be not a single con to this software.

August 2014

Rachel from Wright Contracting

August 2014

Jonas Premier Construction Software

Pros: *Premier is cloud based making it easily accessible on any computer. This eliminates the need to install the program on various office computers. It also eliminates the need for a server in the office to back up the data. *Premier covers all of our accounting and project management needs. As they expand the software (ie. added Project Management), we are using fewer external software product. We are able to do all of our accounting and project management in one package. This has simplified the process of change orders, subcontracts, etc where accounting and project management cross paths. *Premier has a common layout from one screen to the next. This has made it easy to train people on using the software. As a trainee becomes proficient at one aspect of the accounting/project management, I can easily add another screen/task to their duties. *They have recently added a new community website that allows me to submit, and keep track of my cases. I can also submit ideas for future development of the software and review and promote others ideas. *The Premier team is very helpful and quick to respond when I have a question or problem. When I submit a case, they will call me, usually the same day, if they need more information to understand my problem. They check in with me on a regular basis to see if I am need anything. There is a quarterly webinar to keep us up to date on what has been added to the program, what is in the works for the future, and to find out what we consider our main issues with the program. There are monthly "continuing education" webinars on how to use Jonas Premier more efficiently Cons It meets all of our reporting needs, however the reporting still needs some work, but they are working on some new reporting options.

Lissy from VAULT DESIGN INC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very helpful and very prompt with answers

Pros

It is a very trouble free system to use most of the time, Jonas support team as been helpful during our difficult times with the system.

Cons

Having trouble with reports and providing what my supervisor needs on some reports and not having descriptions on those reports. Also, when needing to change the distribution of an invoice is not simple and easy as it should be, we need to reserve the invoice completely and re enter it with the correct distribution.

Andrea from Linita Design & Mfg. Corp.

Overall good

Pros

Cons

Some common functions that should be available are difficult to access like an hours and time report based on time frame and not just jobs. Thankfully we can now access this but we must access it through excel which is cumbersome. Also, I am happy that Premier is on Chrome now so I can use it with my mac, but having some external links through excel only, is not helpful; perhaps make add ons so that we can access these same functions on excel for mac.

Robin from Facilities Service

Great Implementation for Great Software

Jonas has put effort into ensuring the onboarding process is successful. They do not allow you to just turn it on and start using it, you have to be trained and the plan to train you is effective. They have an organized list of classes and videos with assigned homework. The time commitment is reasonable for us in this crazy industry.

Pros

I like that this is truely software in the cloud and not just a hosted solution. Jonas has put together an excellent solution for the construction industry for medium-sized businesses. The integration between accounting and PM is excellent and the ability to easily customize forms without a substantial coding background makes it easy for our company to appear professional to our clients without too much effort. Jonas has an organized on-boarding process which forced me to slow down and really learn the software before we went live.

Cons

So far, my only issue is that I wish we could approve a subcontractor change order from a PCO - as it happens, more than anyone wants to admit. But honestly, I haven't been using the software long enough to know whether there is a good work-around.

Claire from Allyant Design and Construction

Jonas Premiere SW review

Before moving to Jonas the job costing was all being done on excel spreadsheets - which is very prone to error and required much manual entry and duplication of entry leading to errors. Jonas job costing has solved the management of that.

Pros

It is a very robust system - there is great value for money given what the software can do for the cost. The progress invoice application system provides great reports. Great integration between Job cost and GL.

Cons

Some times it hangs and have to shut down and come back in. Get some weird error messages sometimes. Best then to shut down and start over.

Ross from BEC Construction

Project Manager Review

Overall my experience has been good. I feel as though we have had a lot of issues on the accounting transition and that has affected our company as a whole. We are getting close to having it working properly.

Pros

I like the project management tools and how well the integrate with the accounting.

Cons

I am disappointed in the daily reports and mobile app. I think there is a huge opportunity to make the mobile app much more user friendly. It needs to give field personnel the ability to review and interact with their previous daily reports; that necessary function that is not available.

Mila from Insight Technologies Construction Corp

THE BEST SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET FOR PROJECT BASE ACCOUNTING

I have been with Jonas Premier from the day #1. The software has improved its capacity and become a very sophisticated software. Customer service has improved 100%. They respond quickly and they are able to solved the problem right away.

Pros

WEB BASE SOLUTION, DRILING ACCOUNT OPTIONS, GETTING INFORMATIONS AND NAVIGATE THROUGH OUT VERIOUS MODULS, REPORTING

Cons

PAYROLL MODULE DOES NOT FULLY SATISFIED ME. I have been

Phillip from FORTIS CONSTRUCTION GROUP INC.

Premier

Pros

Cloud based and very user friendly for our Project Managers. Staff at Jonas Premier are very helpful and open to suggestions in order to continue improving the software.

Cons

Reports are available however it would be good to be able to combine information from various reports into one report. The ability to export any inquiry screen to excel would be great.

Barak from Lubin Enterprises inc

Can be great depending on your needs

Jonas premier can be best described as a project management software with some accounting features built in.

Pros

The project management aspect and the integration between the project management and accounting are excellent, especially with subcontracts.

Cons

Invoice entry can be very frustrating, e.g. not being able to add vendors from the invoice screen, and not being able to see the remaining budget for cost items until after sending invoices for approval. Also, editing things that were previously posted can be extremely frustrating.

Tricia from Tower Construction

Jonas Review

Pros

We are a mid-sized construction management company in Michigan. We outgrew Quickbooks and needed a program that had a more robust job costing function. Jonas allows us tonnage our projects from start to finish. Our implementation team and support team has gone above and beyond in making sure our switch has been smooth and provided training both through web sessions and one-on-one. We’ve had to make some changes in our procesdures but overall it’s working well for us.

Cons

I switched from Quickbooks and the implementation was difficult at times. The implementation team worked closely with me and was very knowledgeable.

Karen from Morelite Electric Ltd

Premier has our backs!!!

Pros

Ease of Use - we love how it's systematic, organized and well thought out. The people behind this product are what makes it that much better...they truly listen and support us and it makes all the difference.

Cons

My day to day would be more efficient if the screens were more intuitive when it comes to Data entry.