• Pros

• "The program is visually great to look at and is very basic, easy to use."

• "Very easy to use once the learning curve has passed. Most everything is easy to read and easy to find"

• "Easy to navigate, fast response and download time, very straight-forward."

• Cons

• "There are only a few hiccups we have found but they are small and we have found work-arounds; some verbiage in the texts or emails, but they are all being looked at or addressed. "

• "i would like to see more about reporting. its not as great as it was in the original dentrix software. but you can do a lot more with this one. "

• "The downside is that it is missing some features as compared to regular Dentrix G6 for example. However, it is exciting to know that a lot of these features have been/ will be added."

Browse Dentrix Ascend Reviews

Sharon from Sellersville Family Dental

Great Dental Software

Pros

We truly love the ease of this software, it's easy to learn, anyone new in the office is able to learn the system very quickly. For our office, it was a perfect solution, we have multiple locations and can quickly toggle between locations for scheduling and payment, it has made it extremely easy to oversee both locations. Another great aspect to this software, since it is web based they are able to continually update and make it even better, this has been great, we are happy with everything they have created!

Cons

There are several features we are really waiting for, an online time clock, and online RX.

Bevin from Carolina Kids Dentistry

Dentrix Ascend review

overall i like the product but correcting the accounting issues is something that is very frustrating and would possibly cause our practice to return to Dentrix

Pros

like that its cloud based and always evolving with updates as users make recommendations to improve. I like that I can access it anywhere.

Cons

I do not like the line item accounting and that credits can not be left on the ledger without affecting provider totals. A/R from previous months changes based on patient over-payments. We have all our fee schedules in and we do write offs at time of service /claim generation but there are still instances where we have over-collected and the only way to have the adjustment for the patient over-payment is to put the EOB in as insurance over-payment which is not accurate or refund the patient directly when the EOB is received, which is not practical

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix Ascend

because i liked the cloud based option and the fact that updates are live whenever they are released

Amber from Magnolia Dental

Easy to use software

My overall experience with Dentrix Ascend is good - When we find a glitch or would like to see something change, we are able to get help from customer service quickly. I like that Dentrix accepts requests to make changes and prioritizes the requests by how many other companies are requesting the same change.

Pros

What I like most about Dentrix Ascend is that it is easy to use, web based so I can access the program anytime. They have a very good resource and support center to answer any questions I have. I utilize this for training new employees.

Cons

What I like least about Dentrix Ascend is that reports that I run are not consistant. I can run one report that gives me figures/numbers and run a different report for the same criteria and I can get different results.

Bruce from Cassis Dental Center

Dentix Ascend

We are clearly making better decisions and better financial forecasts with the dashboard. It has made the phrase "work smarter, not harder" a reality for us!

Pros

There are multiple things to like about this software. First and foremost is the ease of use and intuitive flow. The second and for some of us, importantly, the support is immediate, friendly and definitive. Problems are easily solved during our busiest time at the office.

Cons

The end of month statement procedure took more time to generate initially than I thought appropriate. There have been continual improvements to that function.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix Ascend

The product had the promise of continual improvement and they have delivered.

Steve from Ann Arbor Smiles

Mixed feelings...

We are a multi-site group practice so going to a cloud EMR just seemed essential. Going with HS made sense b/c of the stability. Some features are really great... and some are major works in progress IMO.... some are just lacking altogether. It seems with the financial backing of HS the software could really be developed faster and with more features and if it did that, would probably completely own and dominate the cloud platforms. Right now, within the community of DDS I'm associated with, I still hear people gripe about Ascend and talk about how the prefer other cloud based sofwares... but we just wanted to go w/ Schein b/c of the long term stability. So we're hoping the features that are lacking will be built in soon - hopefully 6-12 months max. Things like online forms, robust a medical history module, a great lab case manager module, and a referral module seem essential to modern group practices...

Pros

Ascend was the obvious choice for us b/c H.S. is a stable company that isn't going anywhere. though we had heard some really good things about a few other platforms... stability seemed critical. The support has been very good through the facebook group and the support of friday forums, etc... this has felt very good...

Cons

There are some - what I would consider very basic- features that I am surprised they would even launch a platform without. Starting with a robust - AWESOME - medical history form that new patients (and even existing patients) could fill out prior to their visit. This feature should be online and built into the software. From what I can tell, groups that have been on Ascend for years are still doing paper... scan... upload to the D.C. That feels very 2005. Thought Ascend is "new" (7 years?) it still lacks an online medical history form and a robust way of customizing, having it pop up at visits, etc. Dentrix core finally just got this... but it hasn't showed up in Ascend yet. Things like referring procedures in the software.... right now there is no way to track referrals. Things like a lab case manager... these are every day things in a dental office and we are stuck using major work arounds with paper tracking and google docs for lab cases and yes- we're struggling to get a good system going. This seems like after 7 years it should be in the software. I'd like to know some realistic timelines (+/- 3 months?) of when features like this might be coming. it's hard to know if "soon" means in 2-3 years or in 3-6 months. Hopefully some of these very "basic" features will be implemented soon.

EDWARD from Edward M carter, DMD

Dentrix Ascend

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to switch to different screens, not separate modules. Available anywhere, anytime.

Cons

Still has some issues with losing appts.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix Ascend

Better platform, ease of transition.

Ivy from Ivy Chang DDS

Critical Part of Success

I purchased a satellite office from a retiring dentist. I am practicing 2 1/2 - 3 days a week by appointment only by myself (no staff). I can't imagine running the office without Dentrix Ascend. I worked as an associate for 16 years at a practice that used standard Dentrix. I keep telling my old boss to purchase Dentrix Ascend. They never uploaded the updates that came via disk, so they kept piling up. They did not want to pay for the IT guy to come to the office to update the system.

Pros

I love the automatic updates to features that pop up when I log in with full explanations available for me to choose when to watch.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software.

ease of use

Miroslav from KDC Dentistry

satisfied 7 out of 10

Pros

cloud base solution. easy of use software.

Cons

Missing some of the key features such as the ability to send predetermination to second insurance, tracing predetermination claims.

Karlie from 616 Dental Studio

Has potential.... needs more features

Would really be a great program, however it is missing too many key components.

Pros

The program is visually great to look at and is very basic, easy to use.

Cons

Ascend must incorporate more features from outside sources. At this seminar out of a large room of vendors, we could not find 1 who's program could be used within Ascend.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix Ascend

Needed a cloud based product

JANET from Treasured Teeth

Bookkeepers review

Pros

the ability to get information quickly and accurately

Cons

not knowing how to build power reports, the patients seen numbers do not match our spreadsheets as it does not break down each category

Nicholas from All Smiles Family Dentustry

Great Ascend

Ascend has made it possible to cross train our clinical staff through its intuitive design; and this has made our patient turnover very efficient, while reducing the need for addition front desk personnel.

Pros

This software saves countless hours of additional administrative work and processing mistakes. Our office switched from Eagle Soft, which we ran on a closed network, about 5 years ago; and after learning how to use theAscend software, I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions that we have ever made for our practice.

Cons

Theres nothing that I dont particularly dislike about the software. However, there is room for improvement with some of the newer features. For example, real time benefits along with automated verification and eligibility would make Ascend the perfect software, in my option.

James from Brennan Dental

Satisfied from the start

We have always been happy with Dentrix Ascend. Our IT needs and budget are a fraction of what they otherwise would be. We can always access and stay up to date with no additional cost or waste of time. Ascend continues to get better and better.

Pros

Intuitive. It has eliminated wasted time and money on training.

Cons

While being next generation technology and cloud based it has been very slow to publish APIs and become operable with so many other businesses that can enhance dental practice management.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix Ascend

It being cloud based eliminated half of the alternative products. Next, the stability and support of HSPS behind Ascend made it a safer and more forward looking product to back. We have not been disappointed.

MIRZA from TWO RIVERS DENTAL

Analyzing the accounts receivables ,unscheduled treatment plans ,recare patients,patients portions and so on are some most needed and valuable reports from the power reporting.

Pros

The best thing i like in this software is there user friendly functionality which make it so different and valuable to all.

Cons

Sometimes it get froze so we need to refresh the browser to proceed.

greg from elite dental partners

Industry: Executive Office

Multi-site infrastructure

support, from both my customer success manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], as well as the tech support team have made the experience of converting to Ascend easy to manage

Pros

ability to report, review, and manage all offices without having to be on site.

Cons

there are many of my current feature requests included in the road map, but currently i would like to see a marketing campaign tool.

srinivas from dental

Dentrix for dental practice management

Patient appointment and payment methods are great. there are no features that allows to capture patient feedback. charting is good and can be changed over time. referral process is still manual. there should be a voluntary/ optional training program for subscribers every year offered by the company.

Pros

user friendly, easy layout, great features

Cons

tricky to use, inability to add templates, referral processes

Kathy from Deborah L Morgan, DDS

Every Update Makes it Better

The best thing so far is being able to utilize Patient Communications, emails and texts make a huge difference with our recare.

Pros

This software is so user friendly. We are readily able to find what we need using the drop downs. When we want to add something to a chart it is clear where to find the chart, or notes, etc. Every time there is an applied update it improves the process and makes sense. Ascend is very in-touch with what we, the users, need.

Elizabeth from Ryan F. Mueller, DMD, PC

Excellent move from server-based Dentrix

Before using Ascend, we were constantly having server and networking problems. There was no telling what morning we would come in and have a problem accessing our PMS. It happened so frequently that when we finally had our server crash, we jumped on the opportunity to upgrade to a cloud based program. Although using Ascend is a complete change from using Dentrix, we became familiar with the new program within a few weeks and have never looked back! It was the best choice we ever made!

Pros

I love that the software makes regular updates that I don't have to download and apply myself. The ease of having our program available on different devices like an iPad makes it extremely convenient. Ascend is highly user friendly, if you can use a webpage, you can use the program. I also love not ever having to worry about an access problem when I have an issue with the server!

Cons

There are some features not available. There aren't as many options to change settings for individual practices as there are in server based programs. It was difficult to get used to using only one module at a time; ie: I can't have the ledger open on one person and look the chart at the same time.

Veronica from Kids Smiles

Dentrix Ascend Review

We have used it for several years and have never had any major issues.

Pros

It is very user friendly. If you have any issues with any part of the software you can go to the help center or community forum and find the answers you are looking for.

Cons

Setting up reports are a bit difficult, and entering patient information sometimes doesnt transfer to a family member.

Dorca from Medical

Keeping it real-

Our team just got onboard with the online booking feature and it seems to reaching those hard to reach recare patients, which is great.

Pros

As a first time dental software user, I am pleased with the interface and ease of navagating through Dentrix Ascend. I love that they are constantly updating and bringing new features to Ascend that are specific requests of most of their customer base. They go above and beyond hearing and addressing our needs as the consumer.

Cons

What areas of improvement I feel are needed, having the ability to change an insurance from primary to secondary and visa versa without using so many clicks and steps. Also having the ability to print detailed receipts for specific collections, more specifically for Flexible Spending and End of year tax statements. Otherwise, perfect system.

Mendy from Braced Orthodontics

Ascend is the BEST!

Pros

I was a long-time regular Dentrix user so when I branched out to open my own practice, I wanted something that was similar to what I was used to but also had even better perks! And I feel like we got just that with Ascend. Its easy to use from any computer, laptop, iPad, phone or even from home. And the BEST part is they are always asking their current users what can be improved upon... they want their clients happy with Ascend! I love it.

Cons

Only a couple of cons... but I think that the Ascend software developers are currently working on these: No time clock within Ascend No lab case manager

Mia from Team Dental Burke

Dentrix Ascend Review

Dentrix Ascend helps us to schedule patients, assist with insurance, and allow us to have paperless office, which is the bulk of what we need in the office.

Pros

I like that I can access this software from any location and even on my phone. It allows me to be able to assist patient's and access the schedule when I'm not in the office.

Cons

I don't like the way the Day sheet report prints out. I don't like how if a dollar amount is over $1000 it doesn't show the full number on the report when it's printed out. I also don't like that I can't tag payments with multiple tags. For example, If I enter a credit card payment I can only tag they credit card type but can't add like a tag for the doctor that provided the service for whom that payment is going towards. I also don't like that we can't customize text or send manual text messages to patients. I'm still getting use to using the software but the power reporting I find it not very user friendly.

Peter from Complete Dental Care of Bethesda

Fired my IT. Never have another Network and software issues

Pros

Cloud storage with HIPPA compliance. Being able to access the complete software at off site . Constant new feature updates.

Cons

Lagging response due to internet speed and connection. Separate module for xrays

Kayte from Harris Family Dentistry

Best Dental Software I've Used To Date

This software has helped our practice optimize each patient appointment and improved our office flow dramatically. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud based software.

Pros

I have utilized four separate software systems in dental offices and Dentrix Ascend has by far been the best. If you are computer/internet versed it is a great software to invest in. Being cloud based I love being able to access the software anywhere, they are always updating and adding great new features, the customer service representatives are helpful and friendly every time you call in, the insurance area is very impressive, everything is easy to use and navigate (excluding reports).

Cons

The reporting area in Dentrix is very hard to navigate. I do have to call in to run most reports that are not standard, but the customer service reps are always kind and eager to help.

Susan from Susan D Locke DDS

Dentrix Ascend review

We are an older, small practice that doesnt take insurance- all fee for service. We file for the patient but dont know if they get paid, so there is a lot of end of month phone calling to clean up overview screen. Also the text messages should be customizable and indicate when one is sent. Overall, I am pleased with the program and the support and dont know why there are so many negative comments. I really like being able to access from home or my cell phone.

Pros

Cloud based. Good support. Good initial training. Great for a small fee-for-service practice that doesnt need a bunch of bells and whistles.

Cons

1. The monthly fee. 2. Cant run Xray program on Mac (maybe things have changed). 3. Have to click numerous times to get to patient notes.

Jesse from eAssist

Gutless

Our office made the switch from Viive, which itself was a very frustrating piece of software as it would constantly drop connection to the server even after several "fixes" and technical support sessions with both Mac and Viive. I was excited for Dentrix Ascend, being a long-time Dentrix veteran, knowing the power of the Dentrix applications. However, in my experience with Dentrix Ascend so far, it is clear that Ascend is a gutless wonder, especially compared with how powerful Dentrix Proper is (and even Eaglesoft, for that matter!), and as such, is has been an utter disappointment. Full disclosure: I handle the front office/insurance/accounting end of things, so I cannot speak to the clinical end of things. My review is solely of the front office and accounting end of things. Keep in mind it may be delightful for the clinician. I am pleased with the fact that we no longer have to deal with constant server connection fails, so that is nice. But still not enough to make up for Ascend's other shortcomings. My first gripe is that once an insurance carrier is established, you cannot edit the payor ID. And once groups are established under a carrier, you cannot move the groups. This means, if a carrier is set up incorrectly (say, with payor ID 06126 that directs the clearing house to print and mail all claim) with several groups, you have to manually recreate the carrier and each group underneath, which is a cumbersome and time-consuming process. Secondly, with the procedure codes, many of them default to "mouth" for treatment area, even for common codes that virtually every insurance company requires more specific information. If the procedure code is used a single time, you lose the ability to edit even the treatment area. This was a big problem for us, as treatment plans converted over with several codes that are uneditable because they are "in use." We have had to create several "alias" codes, which the clinical side now has to remember to choose. Third, Viive allowed for payment tables under each group (similar to Dentrix Proper and Eaglesoft and several other software options), that would allow any exceptions in payment to be logged for future prediction. This is not the case in Ascend. This was an important Viive feature for us because we participate with an insurance company who calculates payment based on two fee schedules: maximum allowable per provider contract and maximum allowable according to policy contract. With Ascend, you are at the mercy of coverage percentages and cannot account for the two separate yet inseparable fee schedule. I got excited when I saw the "copay" field in the coverage table and spent a large amount of time updating this field for each group, only to find out from technical support that this is not a covered feature. So, ultimately we have had to develop external tools to help us predict patient responsibility. Dentrix Ascend has completely failed us in this area. Finally, we have hit a roadblock with NEA attachments. We are having to continue using Viive because of the inability of ledgers to be transferred over to Ascend (ledgers include open claims). To make a long story short, because we are maintaining a subscription to NEA through Viive in order to be able to keep sending attachments for unresolved claims, we are unable to send attachments through Ascend. Our only options are 1) to terminate our NEA subscription under Viive and print and mail all claims requiring attachments, 2) to manually move treatment over to Ascend and resume claim troubleshooting under Ascend, or 3) print and mail all claims from Ascend requiring attachments. We are probably going to go with option (1), but really, any option is a huge inconvenience. Bottom line, as the numbers and insurance person, I would never recommend this software in its current state. I am a huge Eaglesoft critic, but I would wholeheartedly recommend even that software over Dentrix Ascend. Ascend, you have a long way to go before you will get my vouch.

Pros

Access from anywhere, line-item accounting, some user-defined reports, everything is backed up in the cloud. There is potential.

Cons

Just about everything else: confusing ledger, user-unfriendly insurance setup, inability to edit procedure codes, inability to override insurance payments at a group level and on a procedure code level, NEA attachment failures.

Sonya from SECD HERMITAGE, LLC

New to Ascend

Nothing is really solved utilizing Ascend. Our experience is that it is getting the job done, however, it was a step back from our previous software, as far as, capability and features.

Pros

I like the ease of importing documents; the fact that it is web based, accessible anywhere; ease of attachments for insurnace claims

Cons

For every one click for an action in our previous software, there are 4 or 5 at least, in one case 10 clicks to perform an action. Bulk ins payments and printing are examples. Reporting is complicated and time consuming. Not simple and effecient at all. There is not a central noting location and all cannot be viewed simply nor at the same time.

Reasons for Choosing Dentrix Ascend

The choice for our office to change to Ascend was due to other offices in the compnay on Ascend and management wanted software that could encompass all offices.

dawood from montville smiles

highly recommended

i really love the software hope they can make the reporting a little easier to work with.

Pros

i used to use so many plug ins application to do run the business the i wanted, but now i just have Dentrix Ascend and that can take care of all those thing for me. the ability to have access for any where and from any device is a blessing.

Ron from Sparks Dental Group

Mostly there

I love the portability, however, the interface with iPhone isnt quite 100% and the chrome book interface stopped working altogether. The reports are too customizable and need to just have more basic reports to choose from rather than making us build the entire thing ourselves.

Pros

It is great that it is cloud based and easy to access and the updates happen often to improve use.

Cons

Because its cloud based, the response time can be slow. Especially the imaging. Also the reports are way too confusing

Nikole from Park Pediatric Dentistry

Excited about changes

This has been a learning experience and often learning new things and seeing changes, if not daily, on a weekly basis. I'm truly excited to see the addition of the insurance verification and can not wait to use it and I look forward to additional perks soon!

Pros

I like that Dentrix Ascend is ever evolving to keep up with what we experience in the office and with carriers and/or patients.

Cons

I don't like that some simple tasks, such as printing route slips more than the "next business day", are out of our control. Would also love to see overall daily metrics on dashboard, including how many new patient calls we are taking, not just showing up. I also think we should be able to have adults/parents/guardians automatically set to "non-patient" so it doesn't interfere with our # of patients since we're pediatric specialty office.

Jazmine from Alpine Oak Dental

Great Product With Room to Grow

Ascend has been a great improvement to our office. It allows us to keep patient records, images, appointments, accounts, insurance tracking, etc. all in one place that is accessible even when we are not in office. We have remote employees and the ability for them to be able to work off-site while still having access to the information they need has been a huge help.

Pros

The software has a lot of capabilities and is very useful. The fact that it's cloud based is wonderful for convenience and accessibility when we're not in the office.

Cons

As with most newer programs, is a work in progress. It has it's limitations like any program but with that being said, they are always taking user input and continuously bringing out updates that cater the the needs of their user base and their customer service is particularly good.

Katie from Nelson Dental Healthcare

Better than some, but needs more work

I like that updates are somewhat frequent & it seems as though the developers really are pushing to make it a great system. However, it is apparent that the developers have not spent much time behind the scenes in a dental office. Some of the updates seem incomplete and/or rushed and we end up with more problems than solutions. I am still optimistic and hope that more updates and features are coming in the very near future!

Pros

It is nice to not have to worry about a server with a cloud based system. The imaging is impressive and easy to use. In time & with updates, Dentrix Ascend will be a great program.

Cons

Having to refresh Ascend multiple times throughout the day is stressful. Specifically, when there are changes in the schedule, a user may not see it for 30 minutes or longer because they have not refreshed the page. A cloud based system should always be current. Patient Forms are not something we can use because they can't be customized. Unfortunately, if you choose to use a form, it must go to every patient and you must use the developers content. I really wish the Patient Communications feature were better. I miss not having a way to automatically ask patients for reviews after appointments, it was our best marketing effort & now have no way of doing it. There is no way to send out an email campaign to several patients. An API is so important and it should be a top priority. Not being able to utilize 3rd party software or even customize what we are able to use in Ascend leaves us in an uncomfortable position. There are several aspects of various items missing or incomplete that are common sense in all other practice management software.

Scott from Stanley Family Dental

Dentrix Ascend great product

Overall experience has been very good and the customer support has been amazingly and surprisingly good! The software does take some time to get used to, but the functions are there to make your practice as successful as possible

Pros

Cons

Many functions (especially Power Reporting and building useful reports) are VERY difficult for the average person to set up and use. Its an apple product which makes functionality with other products that are commonly used either difficult or gives you limited options (ie sensors)

Fonda from OmniDental

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Software

Been really good experience.

Pros

ease of use. Clean, uncluttered look. Low learning curve for team members

Cons

Has been slow to implement upgrades in the past.

Stu from Stu Bonnin DMD

Best management decision we have made in info. systems

We don't have to have multiple servers in each location.

Pros

Easy to navigate, fast response and download time, very straight-forward.

Cons

Subscription cost has gone up. Sometimes on Chromebooks, charts do not load correctly.

Joan from Oral Healthcare At Home, Inc.

Dentrix Ascend Review

My overall experience is good. I am a start up agency for mobile delivery of services and I need a platform that is accessible to multiple users and will work as we grow.

Pros

I like the generation of the Patient Clinical Record as we submit it for the patients medical record.

Cons

The charting is time consuming and could be better streamlined and tailored to my needs.

Traci from Johnson Dental

Dental Office

Getting Better daily with updates

Pros

I like that you can break down codes and see where the balances are coming from>

Cons

Not real user friendly can not enter payments if they are not exact to estimates

Scott from Universal Dentistry

Ascend is Great

Before Dentrix we were a six office company, with six individual servers. They had no ability to communicate/share patient info. So we operated like six small offices. Ascend has allowed us to operate as one company, with six offices. For anyone looking to have a firm grasp of the business side of your business, Ascend is the software for you.

Pros

Ascend is easy to use, and very reliable. The reporting capabilities go above and beyond what you need, especially if you are a multi-location operation. And the fact that it is cloud based means you don't need to invest in servers or a lot of infrastructure. All you need is an internet connection.

Cons

Only small drawback is there is no lab case management feature, yet.

Mark from Waikiki Health

Need some updates

It is always a constant challenge for us because our organization still cant submit claim electronically. There are things that we found that makes our work overflow easy, however, Dentrix Ascend should have the same function as the original Dentrix Software.

Pros

Ease of access and very easy to utilize.

Cons

Needs improvement with electronic claim submission, update on insurance ID function, and needs improvement for recoupment for billed in error procedures. The unresolved claim function should be filtered to have just certain days of overdue.

Jenna from Northeast Dental Group

Dentirx

Its been great! The tech support is great as well.

Pros

I love that you can make suggestions to the program and you actually see those come into fruition.

Cons

Most of my complaints were addressed and the software was eventually updated to fix the "cons".

Jeri from NuSmyle Dental

Dentrix Ascend has worked really well for our office

We have had very little trouble - fits the way we run our practice really well. The only real problem has been not being able to chart what we would like on the visual chart.

Pros

We like that it's web based and easy to access from anywhere. It allows me to easily help patients when we may be out of the office.

Cons

I do wish it were more flexible and allowed more individual adjustments - particularly with charting.

Debbie from John A Williams, Jr DMD

So many features

I find many more customizable options with Dentrix Ascend than with my prior software. I also love the video tutorials. Weekly tutorials are also a big help to understand changes BEFORE they are implemented.

Pros

I really like the abundance of features this software offers as well as the ease of use. Customer service is always quick to answer and walks you through your issues until you understand it.

Cons

I was not happy with the initial 20 hours of training. I feel it went at too fast of a pace and tried to cover too much in a short period of time. Not much time for questions.... Our rep did her best to get all answered for us, but there was a lot I had to learn on my own via video tutorials and customer service calls.

Kira from MAK

Dentrix pro's and con's

Overall Dentrix works amazing, as long as every staff member is trained properly on the software. The system functions well for storing patient information and having it so easily accessible to any staff member. The appointment book/scheduler is easy to maneuver and is customizable to the needs of the day. This system is a must have in our office! It's helps us run our day smoothly.

Pros

There can be so much information stored in the program, which is great if you know where to find it. The extra notes sections and flags are always so great to have and anyone can access them from any computer. The appointment book/scheduler is the perfect way for each member of staff to keep track of the day. I love being able to see when patients arrive, if they have been confirmed, if they are running late by just one quick glance at the schedule.

Cons

Sometimes when a patient chart is open from multiple monitors in the office, there will be a lag in updating the info. Sometimes notes or treatment will be added twice in this case.

Saul from Secure Dental

Great Software that keeps getting better

Pros

Modern User friendly UI, powerful reporting

Cons

Report creation and accessibility could be more organized, no lab case management currently.

Candice from Premier dental of ohio

Premier

Pros

I love the fact that I can easily switch between different locations. As a manager I can see anything thats going on in any of my offices within a couple clicks.

Cons

Dentrix ascend is missing some of the key components of traditional dentrix. Example time clock, lab tracking, better security features, closing out months,

Rylee from R2 Center for Dentistry

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Perfect for multiple offices!

Very good I work for multiple dental groups and have recommended this to my other dental groups who were not using it!

Pros

I work with a dental company that owns five different offices! This software is awesome because it can easily be used in any of the offices and the information doesnt have to be sent back-and-forth it is already in the software.

Cons

Having adjust from the original Dentrix software to the ascend version has some minor challenges and differences.

Ashley from Chelsea Pediatric Dentistry

Dentrix Ascend

It's a great software, I'd recommend it to any other dental office!

Pros

I used to use Dentrix before Ascend came out and I must say this version is so much better. It's much easier to use and much more user-friendly.

Cons

It is still fairly new so there are sometimes issues that cannot be resolved or features that have not yet been added.

Hollie from SMPDC Childrens Primary Dental

User Friendly

We are a multi office practice and the ease of having access to all patient charts at all locations is phenomenal.

Pros

Ascend is very user friendly. Anyone can pick it up easily. It has excellent features for reporting as well as managing patient schedules and re-care.

Cons

You are not able to send e statements to patients, doctors aren't able to pull up images on the chart at the same time as the chart to see clinical notes and imaging/

Carina from Dr Ronald Flores Dds

Ascend is ascending in quality but not quite there yet

It is centralized and a business manager or director can see the entire scope of the patient's status from account aging, to insurance claims status, to clinical particulars.

Pros

includes text reminders, ability to see claims status and follow-ups with insurance, ledger activity and balance is staggered nicely, imaging function and treatment planning is awesome (can obtain bird's eye view from dental chart)

Cons

have experienced glitches and entire days where the software has been completely disabled; not everything saves instantly (has nothing to do with internet speed but speaks to the nature of cloud-based software and, by nature, the downfall of having an offsite server).

Jennifer from Sky Pediatric Dentistry

Industry: Machinery

Dentrix Review

Overall I like it but the Insurance and posting should be updated.

Pros

I like the Insurance eligibility screen and the new features of the new verification process.

Cons

Having to delete claims in order to refile insurance with changes. Posting money/insurance it needs to be divided into batches so we can balance or by user.

Sarah from Lexington Dental Center

Dentrix Ascend

It seems to improve weekly, not waiting for the next version, next year!

Pros

I love the fact that we can recommend changes and with in weeks they happen.

Cons

Still too slow, but I would not go back!