All Afterpay Reviews

Ryan

A Must-Have for the Gen-Z shopper

PROS

it allows people to pay over time which drastically increases sales

CONS

the admin page of afterpay is limited and doesn’t allow for many things but the new UI looks promising

amanda

Afterpay

PROS

Having afterpay as a checkout option has produced more sales for us not only in the dollar amount of the sale but even a sale with the minimum of $35. So a customer that wouldn't have purchased because of the total being a little more than they would like to spend at the moment afterpay breaks it up at no cost to them. Which in turn raises our sales and larger order amount. We love afterpay.

CONS

it is a bit costly with the fees that they take our per transaction

Reason for choosing Afterpay

more customers asked for afterpay over sezzle

Sara

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

There is ZERO customer support

PROS

I like what the actual product is and it’s ability to provide customers with an additional payment option

CONS

I cannot get in touch with anyone that will help us. We have been trying to get on their catalog and participate in Afterpay day and other promos for the last 2-3 years, we were directed to marketing and told to upload our assets, we did that and nothing happened, then we sent them several emails, never heard back, emailed multiple different areas to find out the status, nothing, no response. To date we have never heard back or been added to to the catalog and can’t participate in their promos.

Twana

I LOVE Afterpay

I have loved using Afterpay as a store owner and consumer. My customers love it, as well.

PROS

It was really easy to set up, and customer service is easily accessible if assistance is needed. It is also easy to use, on the consumer side.

CONS

The fees are not clear. I cannot find the percentage that I'm paying, per order, anywhere. They need to be more transparent about that.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

I choose Afterpay because a rep reached out to me and asked me to consider it.

Niko

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Afterpay Review

Amazing!

PROS

The ease of use and integration is what we like and appreciate most about Afterpay. It is critical for payment processing to be as simple as possible for customers in 2022.

CONS

The reporting and administrative portals could be better. Would like to see a more comprehensive dashboard of sales and analytics.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Pricing, customer service, and ease of use/integration.

Jo-Anne

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Awful Company with incompetent staff!

At first great, but at the end, the absolute worst. They were trying to charge me for gift certificates I never obtained.

PROS

Being able to purchase items and pay every so many days after....

CONS

When there app didn't work, they still would try to charge you as if you received the items. And when trying to notify them, I received no assistance. This is 1 of the worst Companies I have ever done businedd with....

Sara

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Love Afterpay - great offering for our customers!

PROS

Our customers love the flexibility of afterpay's services

CONS

fees for brands can be a bit high compared to other payment processors

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Afterpay had a better reputation in my industry

Candace

Reviewed December 2021

My customers LOVE Afterpay!

PROS

Afterpay has been a huge help in growing my AOV! My customers love how easy it is to use and how it makes a new wardrobe affordable!

CONS

Reporting could be more extensive. I feel the merchant backend is lacking in features

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

Sezzle made some major mistakes on the customers payments. Unacceptable.

Kaelia

Love it

My overall experience has been amazing, I’ve increased sales and order size

PROS

Afterpay has increased sales and helped our customers order more at once. It is user friendly and easy to instal

CONS

There isn’t really anything I feel is lacking

Reason for choosing Afterpay

I chose afterpay because it was quicker to be approved

Pololani

E-Learning, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

A Great Way to Buy Now and Pay Later

I enjoy using Afterpay for both personal and business and will continue to use this software.

PROS

I like that AfterPay is user-friendly inside the app when shopping and looking for stores. Putting all their available stores in categories makes it easy to navigate through and there is a variety of stores. Anyone can find a store to shop at. I like that they offer in-app and in-store options and I like that they have a rewards program.

CONS

The speed of the app when going from store to store or category to category can improve. It is way too slow and very frustrating. I get impatient most of the time I am in the app and start clicking everywhere because nothing is happening and when it finally wants to wake up and go it clicks me everywhere I clicked except for the intended location. That is my only complaint about this softwarde.

Alyssa

Good Product but Terrible Customer Service

Customer service is terrible. It once took me over a month to get a response about us being missing from the online directory and they acted like they couldn't have cared less when they finally did answer.

PROS

customers typically spend more money when they can split their payments

CONS

there needs to be a buy now quick checkout button for shopify. I am constantly having to tell customers how to find the afterpay gateway.

I didn't I offer both.

Chriztina

Buy Now, Pay Later

Overall, its been great. I was pretty disappointed that I pay a higher processing fee than a few of my colleagues. I tried to negotiate the rate down a little and didn’t have much luck. One of my friends has a business of comparable size, so it felt especially weird that I pay more than her. (I understand major retailers getting volume breaks, but it stung to find out I was paying more when I was one of the first brands to onboard with Afterpay when they came to America)

PROS

Giving customers the option to split their order into 4 payments has helped increase my AOV and after all of these years, I have never had a customer complain about Afterpays service - so thats a win!

CONS

Unable to secure marketing placements. So I feel like smaller brands just get “lost in the shuffle” unless they are VERY lucky and selected to be featured in marketing materials

Zandra

Love

My overall experience is great

PROS

How easy it is to setup. It was a no brainer for me plus Afterpay pays quality

CONS

Nothing to be honest. I don’t have much to say as I have never experienced any issues

How easy it was to ise

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great payment app

Love this app

PROS

1. I use this app especially paying out for clothing or other stuffin malls/shops without giving any upfront payment. 2. Great installment options. 3. Great deals for app customers. 4. Give points to app customers in which they can extend their payment dates, no upfront payment on shopping. 5. Digital card which you can save in your wallet and use for payments. 6. Your card details, payments will be protected from scammers.

CONS

I did not find any problem while using app.

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

Because payments are fortnighthly and aligned with people fortnightly salary.

Tonja

Additional Revenue

PROS

Afterpay provides shoppers with alternate payment options by offering a payment plan. The plan encourages customers to shop more often and/or increase the total of their purchases.

CONS

I don’t have any cons. Integration process was easy.

Adriana

Awesome Software

Great so far

PROS

The integration is super easy Great option for my customers

CONS

Nothing Everything so far has been easy and smooth to integrate and transition to

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Yes Much better software and modern design

mustafa

Great Service for our customers

PROS

This service allows our customers to pay overtime, with no extra charges to the customer. And it is really easy to set up on our backend

CONS

The backend reporting could be improved. There is not an easy summary report for me to look at month over month.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Allows for pay over time on any value.

Nicole