All Rocketspark Reviews

Will

Food Production, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2021

Easiest way to get a website up and running

Kirstin

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Getting started

They are such a fantastic company, young and smart, very entrepreneurial.

PROS

Very easy to set up and get going. Using their templates meant I could easily fill out the relevant pages and edit and change images quickly and easily. It was very easy to use as it's quite logical and I never got stuck for long trying to figure out how to change something. The way it's designed helped me keep my content logical, tidy and looking good.

CONS

Sometimes it was slow to load the different changes but probably more of a server or connection issue that the website builder issue.

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

Easy to get set up and use right away, I don't need more advanced features yet so still lots to work on with Rocketspark to make my website even better.

Santie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Santie Review

I really love this platform and mostly being that it is a NZ business. I have been receiving more online orders than with my previous Wordpress site and will soon be building a second website for my art. It is super easy to add products, create categories and tags. Love it. Just a few functions could make the experience even better.

PROS

It's easy to set up if you have a good understanding of Wordpress or similar templates. It's easier than wordpress and you don't have to download plugins. No spam through the contact which is great. Checkout is great with awesome gateway payments pages. Good notification on scheduled maintenance

CONS

There is no function for adding a sale price to a product. Customers like to see what they are saving. Promo coupons are great but only for newsletters where you can notify customers. An item on sale function with sale price function would be great. It would be good if an item was sold to not show the price, or have that as an option. Customers cannot open an account and go back into their order. When you create a category it doesn't name the category in the browser but some product code. It would be great if you could have a function to change the breadcrumbs to look nicer. So if I click on Fine art prints and want to share the link on my social pages it looks like this [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] It would be nice if we could change the #category=15904 to fine-art-prints The only function where it does that is by creating a seperate page for each category and then inserting products into each page, but this is a very manual process. For Example I created a page for an exhibition titled small treasure and inserted products. The web link to this looks clean and readible: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

New Zealand owned I trialed both Shopify and Wix on different occasions and I definitely think Rocketspark is the most user friendly platform. Some people have said that ROcketspark has its limitations but I don't see that. Since I've been using their service we have already had great upgrades when we asked for suggestions.

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

I did't like the continuous maintenance and upkeep of my wordpress site and by the time you add up the cost of plug ins it was getting costly. Spamming emails via contact forms was one of my absolute pet hates. I don't receive any through Rocketspark. I love how the ecommerce is sowell integrated with the template. Wordpress eccommerce plugins was sometimes frustrating.

Alison

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Easy enough for non-coders to set up a simple website

Overall a great start - it is fairly intuitive and it's been easy enough to use for our start-up company's website. I also appreciate not having a lot of extra functionality thrown at me that I don't want or need, and can keep it a simple and clear website.

PROS

The customer service was very fast and useful. And building stacks and blocks was quite straightforward.

CONS

It would be useful to be able to make the social media icons a little more prominent.

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

The talk to me and other students via AUT CoStarters made it sound suitable for us. And the discount offered to us at the time was a big incentive to choose Rocketspark too.

Michelle

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Rocketspark is FANTASTIC!!

I have been with Rocketspark for nearly 4 years and would highly recommend them.

PROS

Professional results. Easy to use, edit and manipulate. Great customer service.

CONS

Some limit to the back end functionality when processing orders, however over the years Rocketspark have continued to improve in this area.

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

No initial design fee and I can easily edit whenever I need to.

Jonathan

Farming, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Unreal customer service, and intuitive UI.

PROS

It's just simple. It's easy to use and I can customize things intuitively. Also, RocketSpark's customer service is terrific.

CONS

There is nothing about my experience with RocketSpark that I'd consider as being below my expectations.

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

Easier customization of website. Better website-builder.

Scott

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

Ranks with the best

Good to date. Support is good especially around launch time. Very patient :)

PROS

Flexible and easy to operate AND an NZ product which I like supporting.

CONS

I would like to see more flexibility with the blog stacks and a greater ability to categorise rather than just tag all the time...???

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

I like to support NZ businesses and products first and formost.

Virginia

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

LOVE IT

AMAZING, EFFORTLESS and quick!

PROS

The Rocketspark platform is extremely easy to use, we have multiple websites with Rocketspark and I love it! We use another web company as well but I find that Rocketspark looks great, is easy to use and makes designer a breeze (especially for total non-techies)

CONS

Least would be the ecommerce section - BUT that is only as we have multiple websites linking into a master website so need something complex. I will also say since I originally started with the first site with them - it is developing really well.

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

For an information site was unbeatable - simply no comparison. I use Rocketspark for the information and link through to online shop with Neto

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

Switched as I needed better information pages and "look and feel"

Reviewed June 2020

Local Web Design Software

Overall, very satisfied with the product

PROS

Their customer service is really great - the how-to areas on Rocketspark for setting things up are easy to follow, and if you have a question, you can email them directly and expect a quick response

CONS

There are a lot of features that require the more expensive package, but seem fairly straightforward

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

Local product with what seemed like great customer service from the very beginning

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

Wanted to set up an online store, wanted to upgrade template to something more modern, didn't find WIX very helpful or easy to use. And wanted to support local if that was possible

Phillip

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Seriously good

My feedback to them says I am amazed at the level of care and support they provide. They promise quick answers and the deliver.

PROS

This is a powerful piece of software that is well-designed and logical to use. It is extremely fast on all devices and has given me the slick look I was seeking for use on iPad and iPhone. I am genuinely very impressed.

CONS

I would like the functionality of ‘drag and drop’ of blocks in a stack.

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

Wordpress is cumbersome and requires a specialist to run it. My Tokyo team use it and we have one person dedicated to doing it. My Melbourne office runs Rocketspark and I can manage it quickly and easily.

pip

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

I recommned Rocketspark

Really good. Lovely and professional people with a great product.

PROS

I like the modern template designs and the fast and helpful support always available

CONS

Sometimes the guides don't have the answer I want so I have to message them direct

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

Rocketspark were more dynamic, modern and passionate about what they do

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

Rocketspark are more dynamic, interactive and passionate about what they do.

Shaun

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great Websites are easy with Rocketspark

We work with our Ad-word partner to drive effective campaigns from this program. It is easy to upload new products and has great features.

PROS

Great to use, easy to update even for users with no or little experience with websites. It has some fantastic features.

CONS

I didn't dislike anything with this software, after looking at a lot of other products we are glad we chose Rocketspark

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

We had this software recommended to us by another business.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Super easy to use with a powerful suite of personalised design elements

We have two informational websites with Rocketspark and find them to be absolutely ideal with their easy to use controls, stylish layout and low pricing plans (additional features cost such as ecommerce but from what I've seen this is also very fairly priced). Excellent customer service, will generally respond within the hour and are always looking to improve their services and features, regularly putting through feature requests to the development team from requests made by us and going above and beyond to help!

PROS

The tools available to design all the buttons, text boxes, photos and more make a powerful combination for creating unique and elegant websites. It becomes very easy to space things apart properly and not clutter the space while also making all parts cohesive, aesthetic and flow together. Integrations such as jotform puts so many additional tools at your fingertips to add more functionality to your website. Linking and copying stacks is ideal for making quick changes to the design of a lot of pages at once, otherwise this could turn into a very tedious task.

CONS

The lack of animations, everything in the software is static, and while very stylish, does lag behind in the modern website scene. Just small animations for content and stacks loading in could be huge for the website, along with a collection of icons and clip art!

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

Better pricing, more elegant design

Bridget

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Couldn't be happier with Rocketspark

I love how easily the ecommerce is integrated along with payment gateways which has made my website easy for me and my customers to use. I can update my website and shop when ever I like. I came from a different website builder that was so hard to use and Rocketspark is a dream in comparison. When you are building your website they give you so many invaluable tips to help you create a professional, optimised website. Thank you Rocketspark!

PROS

Rocketspark is so easy to use it is a pleasure and not only that they give you heaps of information on how to build a good website including SEO. They keep improving the software way beyond what you would expect and the customer service is excellent

CONS

There is nothing I dislike about the software

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

Mr Site software was so difficult to use that I had to pay them thousands of dollars to build my website and when it didn't work and customers couldn't check out which lost me a lot of sales they would not refund me any money

Bronwen

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Easy to use, with a professional result

PROS

It is easy to create a polished website that I actually enjoyed playing with features. It created a site that looks polished and professional for my service. I also like the members' site within the main website saving me time as I no longer need to use another option.I also value the quick response rate I've received every time I have interacted with Rocketspark staff.

CONS

Nothing at this stage - if anything crops up, then I email.

Reason for choosing Rocketspark

NZ company and easy integration for my needs.

Beverly

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

5 stars ****** is not enough for Rocketspark!

I knew I had made the right decision to use Rocketspark when....one evening I had an issue with building the website and was able to get prompt help - problem solved in less than a minute and I could continue working. That decision has just been validated...my website went live only a fortnight ago and wow!!! what results to date. Your SEO tool Flint really works....I've quickly moved up in the Google search listings and as of today, am almost to the top of the page (not paid advertising)...well above some of my competitors.

PROS

My journey with Rocketspark started more than a year ago. I attended your workshops in Hamilton and decided to commit to Rocketspark web builder. As someone who has never created a website, I found your software so easy to understand and use. Love the options and features that you offer...and regular add ons/updates of new features. Security and hosting were also important considerations when I joined up.

CONS

Nothing! ❤️❤️❤️ it all The software has been easy to use.

Simone

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Great Customer Support

A great suite of easy to use templates. Very responsive team providing exceptional service. Rocketspark have been generous with their pricing discounts for For Purpose organisations (NFPs). I love their clean simple designs.

PROS

Rocketspark has a very cool automated help function that offers pages and pages of processes to help make things easy to do.Whenever I need to speak or liaise with an actual human being they are so friendly and respond pretty much immediately. They follow through to make sure your query/issue is resolved and remind you if you still have a task to action related to that query.

CONS

There is nothing that I don't like about Rocketspark.

Carol

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Nightmare turns into a dream build

On Wednesday morning I was tearing my hair out! Needed to transfer my domain and refresh/rebuild my website including eCommerce. Was determined to move to a NZ host. Tried one crowd, couldn't even get an account without an 'error, refer to support' message. And I'd spent two days trying to work with another NZ host/website builder that was complicated and a bit unreliable. That just made me feel stupid. By Weds lunchtime I'd found Rocketspark, and by Friday afternoon I had a new live website and had received my first orders. Brilliant - success!

PROS

It's straightforward & easy to use. There were lots of guides, FAQs and videos to teach me how to build my website. There's a lot of creative flexibility. I like the drag & drop/block building approach - similar to MailChimp that I've been using for newsletters for a while now. They're based in NZ, which meant I was getting top quality, timely support. Everything feels really 'solid' and dependable. They're reviewing and updating info very regularly, so instructions don't get out of date.

CONS

Probably a bit pricey but you get what you pay for, and that wasn't the most important thing for me.

Reasons for switching to Rocketspark

Move to NZ host. Find a system for building & maintaining my website that was easy to use and gave a professional look

Shona