All Shopify Reviews

1-25 of 5,083 Reviews

Allison

Love Shopify

heather

Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)

I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pros

I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process. This is fine if you don't want to know your customers, but if you're running an online business, then being able to capture that sales information, and get mailing list sign ups, is crucial . You can still use print on demand vendors, only this time you control the entire sales process. Everything is branded for your business. The tags in the leggings are branded for you. The mailing address is your company. It's all yours. Of course, the downside is that you also have to handle the customer service questions that would normally go to the Zazzle equivalent. But if you are really wanting to build a business around your customers, you want that touch point. And you get to keep all the profits. With all the apps, you can have a store that really expresses who you are, and lets you control the entire sales process.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps! I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

Reasons for switching to Shopify

To have more ownership over the look and feel of the site. Also, I was tired of apps that weren't all updating properly along with my regular website updates. Each individual aspect was its own plugin that didn't necessarily play nice with my site. For example, to export your orders from Woo that was its own plugin, and the support on that plugin was terrible, and once in 2017 my site updated, but that plugin didn't work anymore with the updated WordPress, and the entire site crashed! Took me three hours on chat support with BlueHost to figure out what it was, and then I had to reactivate all my plugins. Not cool!

Vincent

December 2022

Great application to get started.

Overall, my experience with Shopify has been very positive. It is a reliable and feature-rich platform that has helped me easily set up and manage my online store. While it may be more expensive than some other options, I feel that the additional features and customer support make it worth the cost.

Pros

Shopify is a very user-friendly e-commerce platform that allows users to easily set up and manage an online store. It provides a variety of customizable templates and themes, making it easy to create a visually appealing and professional-looking website.Shopify offers a wide range of features and tools to help businesses manage and grow their online store, including inventory management, payment processing, shipping and fulfillment, and marketing and advertising tools.The platform also offers excellent customer support, with a knowledgeable and helpful team available to answer questions and provide assistance.

Cons

One potential downside of Shopify is that it can be more expensive than some other e-commerce platforms, especially for businesses that require a large number of features or advanced customization options.Some users have also reported that the platform can be somewhat slow and prone to glitches, although these issues are usually resolved quickly by the Shopify support team.

Kelly

Industry: Sporting Goods

July 2022

Shopify is the Yahoo Stores for a New Generation

We are only now setting up the store and getting into using the software so my opinion may change over time (although I doubt it will be for the better). Like Yahoo Stores before them they felt the need to write their own program language for the store instead of using tried and true coding that everyone knows or understands at this point. Making it difficult to change or adjust your store template easily. Also like Yahoo they take a percentage of your sales on top of the monthly fees. If someone needs a site for a few items, can use one of the free templates, doesn't want to use too many other features, and doesn't have a dedicated ecommerce manager then this may be a good solution for you. If you need to set up additional metafields or have better control over you SEO, you may want to look somewhere else. Expect multiple monthly subscriptions and fees above the Shopify fees as you will need to use other apps in your store.

Pros

Modern eCommerce selling features. Hopefully better shopping experience for our customers than our old solution.

Cons

Monthly fees PLUS a per transaction fee. Uses a custom script/language instead of standard coding. (Liquid). Does not utilize WebDAV or FTP for file uploads. Does not allow import/export of anything other than basic product information without use of a third party app. Relies on 3rd party apps to offer features other carts offer out of the box. Cannot customize the checkout process, must do what they say is best. Poor SEO controls.

Reasons for switching to Shopify

We switched because our old solution was just that old. It did not and could not offer features that modern shopping carts do.

Joachim

October 2022

Shopify - best in class

Overall I only can recommend to use Shopify for an easy and fast setup of your online shop and eCommerce system.

Pros

The most I like about Shopify are the many connectors and integrations available for different well known services. Those are setup at ease and work like a charm. The second thing I like is that it is a hosted service and very easy and fast to setup - friendly for beginners but advanced enough for experts. Third there are a lot plugins available for extended customization.

Cons

The thing I do not really like is that although there are many things customisable, some things need to be done in programming ways or use plugins at a monthly cost. But from my experience that is the same thing with nearly all shops.

Reasons for switching to Shopify

The integrations work way better with Shopify. It is also easier for our office team to manage orders with Shopify.

Shujait

January 2023

My Reviews about Shopify

overall experience was good . learned lots of experience while exploring through website day to day use.Gives you clear picture of daily , Avg sales. Gets timely notification about product stocks , payments etc.Setting up payment method is easy. Adding deleting products , catgories piece of cake.Transaction fees, Monthly , Annual subscriptions are cost to be considered.

Pros

Shopify Pros: It’s Easy to Get Started You Have Access to a Wide Range of Features It’s User-Friendly Access to Many Payment Processors A Large Number of Available Themes

Cons

Shopify Cons:You’re Limited in Terms of Design CustomisationIt Can Be Expensive Payment Processing and Transaction FeesNo Access to Email Hosting No Access to Marketing Automation

Reasons for choosing Shopify

Shopify is canadian base company , I live in Canada , so wanted to give it try first.

Sanoussy

Shopify review

Pros

Shopify allows you to create your online store without special knowledge. Very easy to use and you are entitled to a 14 day free trial

Cons

The selling price is very high in my opinion. Manufacturers need to review this aspect of the software

Roderick

November 2022

shopify review by r&b enterprises

Pros

its very affordable for brand new users in the industry

Cons

it is a little daunting to integrate for first time users

Tukiya

December 2022

Shopify Review

Pros

That it is user-friendly to a certain point and provides access to various POD vendors and traffic websites

Cons

Google and Tiktok ad settings are not great outside the U.S

Reasons for choosing Shopify

It was available in my country

Kaio César

Industry: Civil Engineering

November 2022

Your entire store in one place

Pros

Store creation and systems integration in one place. Ease of use, and trust in the systems.

Cons

I liked the app, I have nothing to comment on negative aspects.

Bensaad

January 2023

Shopify: A Comprehensive E-commerce Solution for Small Businesses

Pros

I love how user-friendly and customizable Shopify is. It's the perfect solution for small businesses looking to set up an online store with ease. The platform offers a wide range of features and integrations to help streamline the e-commerce process.

Cons

The pricing can be a bit steep for some of the advanced features and integrations. Also, the transaction fees can add up for businesses with a high volume of sales.

Ikiera

May 2022

My Shopify experience

I loved using the app. It was a bit challenging to build my store when I first started but I hired someone to make it professional and it honestly looked great! I loved seeing how the apps worked and brought my store to life to help upsell products, setting up the codes can be a bit difficult and also learning how to read the analytics of your store is a bit complex. I didn't make that many sales but I got tons of traffic to my store and that was helpful in reading conversions and seeing who almost bought something but didn't and seeing the locations around the world of who was viewing my product was really cool. I loved the app and it's features overall but I think having a Free membership program with a few more features from the basic plan instead of a trial program is better since it's generally hard to make a sale in a month let alone make one in 14 days.

Pros

I like the efficiency of the software. It's easy to use, simple to navigate, can take some time to understand the conversion rates and percentages of everything but overall pretty good app. I like the configuration and the training videos are helpful in some cases as well.

Cons

I definitely did not like how they charged for the apps to integrate into the store. It's a lot of hassle having to sign up for those apps just to get slammed with the monthly fees on top of the cost of the shopify store itself especially in the first few months when you're just starting out and you don't even make a sale. Those monthly fees got one of my stores closed.

Reasons for choosing Shopify

They were cheaper than Shopify. I also heard good things about these alternatives.

February 2022

Shopify Review

As I would see it, Shopify is an astounding stage to develop with. They have the scale, elements, backing, and valuing to cover you whether you are a fresh out of the box new one-item shop - or then again to be the following Amazon. There's no upsell to the following arrangement level - everything is straightforward and clear.

Pros

Speedy, Easy Set-Up. In the event that getting your business online rapidly and effectively is important for your objective, Shopify is perhaps the best stage to help. Client support. Mobile friendly Unimaginable Marketing and SEO Tools. Security and Reliability. Adaptability. Incorporation Options.

Cons

The major con for Shopify is that the membership and exchange charges. Shopify plans start at $29 for essential plans and increment up to $299 for a few progressed plans. Different costs incorporate exchange charges related with selling on the web as well as membership expenses to utilize the applications you want.

Reasons for choosing Shopify

Shopify offers a simple approach to rapidly send off a web-based store without the fight over servers and advancement costs that can be brought about with self-facilitated stages like Magento. The administrator point of interaction is spotless and easy to use and really instinctive in light of the fact that every one of the highlights are consistently organized.

Reasons for switching to Shopify

Wix is more straightforward to use than Shopify, and faster to assemble your store with. Wix gives more artistic liberty than Shopify, yet Shopify gives preferred deals instruments over Wix. Wix is a web designer above all else, though Shopify is planned simply to assist with peopling set up their own web-based stores.

Keith

Shopify gets the job done!

I was unable to make the full switch to shopify BUT I was impressed by what I saw. The overall design of the backend was much cleaner than expected. Sadly, I could not justify the switch as features I wanted cost more when compared to competitors, and the cost difference could not be justified. Its not a complete online e-commerce solution.

Pros

Nearly everything on their backend was well thought out and easy to use. I was able to have an online store configured in minutes from my already existing product catalog, and integration into my already existing product stack was easy to understand.

Cons

The ONE feature I need to be able to switch to literally ANYONE else was NOT a standard feature and would cost me additional fees. Without the ability to distribute keys/codes leaving my current provider serves no purpose as it would just increase my monthly operating costs. The feature set for all of these online e-commerce solutions is almost cookie cutter otherwise.

Reasons for choosing Shopify

I actually did not choose Shopify as I already have a commerce solution in place. My past needs were super simple and any of these services would have worked. Had I known about shopify first I would have chosen this platform instead. Sadly, as I explained earlier, I could not justify making a switch recently because no one is supporting the one feature I need. So we decided that ultimately... We will have to develop our own solution as current commercial offerings justify the expense to do so. At 20$-30$ a month plus misc fees sure. Using an already existing platform would have made sense. At the nearly 1000$ a year in costs with current offerings (Because this one feature is missing on pretty much every platform) its 100% worth paying a developer to code us a website from an existing framework as what we need is not complicated to do. I am really surprised not one platform has the ability to distribute software keys/codes already built in as many developers and Game Server Hosts use this feature in their distribution.

Trevor

The only platform I would use for Ecommerce

I work with a lot of websites that are ecommerce-based, and the headaches you'd expect to come with complex ecosystems are so much less frequent with Shopify than they are with Magento, BigCommerce, etc. While other systems frustrate me to a point where I say "eh, I just won't even try to do 'task x' ", Shopify has a simple enough engine and vast enough app store that I feel like very few tasks are insurmountable.

Pros

From startup stores to enterprise solutions, Shopify has a structure that any site can use (and excel with). The templates available give each store a 'custom' feel, and the platform-side checkout solution prevents a lot of hiccups and downtime that would be caused by inexperienced developers trying to manipulate that crucial step in the funnel.

Cons

Lately (fall 2019), Shopify has had quite a bit of downtime. Because they host so many stores, it appears their servers can get overwhelmed during heavy seasons, causing slower responses and even causing stores to crash. Since the stores are all somewhat linked, this can cause issues for a large amount of stores, killing sales and harming customer reputation.

Reasons for choosing Shopify

The simplicity of adding products to Shopify is a must for start-up stores and stores that release new products fast. And for any brand that is primed for growth, the structure behind Shopify is truly the best for scaling, even from a cost perspective.

May 2022

Shopify Customer Review

Shopify enabled us to expand our eBay operation and become fully independent. We are able to display our products and retain our identity online.

Pros

It is easy to use and learn. Errors can be rectified easily and cataloging is easy once you understand the basics of tagging. Themes offered are easy to use and modify. Customer service is available any time and phone reps are well spoken and fluent in english. Very good option is considering a move from eBay with their ever changing policies.

Cons

The software does take time to learn and there are limitations as it is not a tailored custom solution. But there are work around and almost any functionality can be added or achieved on shopify.

Reasons for choosing Shopify

Ease of use, Available apps, Integration all played and part in our decision to choose Shopify.

Reasons for switching to Shopify

eBay policies and requirements are an impediment to being successful on their platform.

Chelsea