All Squarespace Reviews

Squarespace User Review

Meghan

Industry: Restaurants

The Best Website Builder for Simple Sites

I genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out a great end product. I have used it to make websites for photographers, restaurants, and sales businesses alike. It is so versatile and every site visitor thinks it's professionally done.

Pros

This software is easy to use, intuitive, and when you can't figure something out Support is right there for you. They have tons of how to videos and instructions that make everything pretty easy to figure out.

Cons

I dislike the spacer feature - it gets pretty annoying to use those instead of being able to snap an object to a grid and align that way. It works much like Microsoft Word in the sense that if you try to resize or adjust something, sometimes everything on the page moves.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

BentoBox is specific to restaurants - they have a wonderful product, however their set-up and pricing did not work for us. Essentially, you pay them to create the initial site and then it's up to you to edit/take care of after the fact. You pay a large set up fee and a pretty expensive monthly fee in perpetuity. We have five locations and it just wasn't cost efficient. Since I already knew how to use Squarespace and knew how to work with SEO, it was an easy, much more cost-effective switch. Bentobox is a great product, but it is pricey to maintain. As a restaurant, we have simple needs as to what people are looking for when they come to our site.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Our site was continually hacked, there was very little support, it was complicated to use. Our sites were outdated and I wanted to switch us to something everyone on our team, no matter their level of tech expertise, could use.

Jay

December 2022

Best way to accept online payments

I use Squarespace in the majority of my web design projects. I find the it much more user friendly than other online payment platforms. The support is head and shoulders above other payment gateways.

Pros

I found Squarespace the simplest and most effective way to start accepting online payments.

Cons

Integration with Wordpress and Woocommerce.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

The main reason was the support for Squarespace

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

The final straw was the lack of support from PayPal. They also made things very complicated trying to integrate their payment gateway into websites.

December 2022

Not a fan of Squarespace's site builder

I've used plenty of other website builders through the years and Squarespace has to be one of my least favorites. Limited features and user customization. Updating pages with their drag and drop is a pain, blocks have to be added in a certain order or the whole page's formatting gets messed up, no way to adjust blocks to all to be uniform size.

Pros

Organization of sites, ability to make password protected drafts.

Cons

Hate hate hate the way websites are designed with its user interface. Not very customizable and using the blocks can be a headache. Limited features. Not much SEO guidance.

Joelle

Industry: Animation

November 2022

I use Squarespace for my Portfolio Website

I started using Squarespace to create a dedicated portfolio website and blog for my work; something professional that I could include on a business card or show to potential clients/ employers. I had very little coding knowledge, which made Squarespace a lot more desirable than many of its competitors. I was able to make a website to my liking without too much pain or trouble. While certain aspects took more time to implement and I had to compromise on certain features (ex: I wanted the site in both French and English, but could only have one landing page), It was overall much simpler and better than the alternatives I could have gone with. Additionally, since I made the website and its content myself, I could also manage it myself.

Pros

It is easy to pick up and start customizing, even with limited coding abilities. The templates and add-ons are set up to bring your website to life.

Cons

For an individual using Squarespace to display a portfolio and not much more, it's rather expensive compared to its competitors.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Squarespace was a lot easier to pick up and required a lot less coding and management.

Aria

December 2022

Quickest way to set up a professional and visually pleasing website!

Pros

Using Squarespace makes it so easy to set up a website for a small business or independent contractor. So many templates to choose from that are easily customizable. In this climate, your website is your legitimacy and Squarespace is one of the best software to set up a website in a very short time.

Cons

I wish you could customize every aspect of a template, but I understand that would be very difficult to accomplish. There are so many templates to choose from and the customizations you can complete are more than sufficient.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Better templates, easier to use, more customizations and a much better user experience.

Arta

Industry: Farming

Squarespace review

Very satisfied.

Pros

Easy to use, nice designs, easy to integrate with other softwares.

Cons

Language issues, for some features must know coding.

Pricing, ease of use

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

Good reviews, free trial use helped to make the decision.

Abdulsalam

Industry: Graphic Design

December 2022

Squarespace is effective but complex

Pros

I liked Squarespace for the blogging suite. It made it easy for beginners to easily pick up and use because of the presence of an example blog to follow.

Cons

The website builder is not well organized. It had too many features that were unnecessary and caused too much clutter

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

WordPress utilized plugins instead of built-in features which was a bit of a hassle for me

Ryan

Squarespace Review

Pros

As far as ease of use goes, you can't beat Squarespace. It's so easy to build websites. But there are many website builders that are easy to use. What sets Squarespace apart is that it's not only easy to use, but unbelievably high quality. I am able to edit our company website and design beautiful pages without knowing any code.

Cons

It doesn't run well in Mozilla Firefox, my default browser. It also doesn't have a very good way to capture form responses. The form tool as a whole isn't amazing.

Stephen

Value and Simplicity, Meet Beauty!

I have now built over 10 full websites using Squarespace and each one continues to grow my knowledge and stretch my ability. As I aforementioned, you don’t need to be a pro, but if you are, designing an incredible, impactful and don’t miss this, mobile friendly website is simple and easy.

Pros

The best thing about Squarespace is the ability to create gorgeous websites with little to zero experience. You don’t need to be an HTML wizard, but if you happen to be, you can still take full advantage of everything Squarespace has to offer.

Cons

Honestly, it’s hard to say one. For the mid level prosumer, I haven’t found a single better option.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

A lot of research and recommendations from friends within the field.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

The UI and usability were horrendous!

Henry

Industry: Restaurants

Simple doesn't mean low quality

My client wanted to launch a new brand with a website fast. I chose Squarespace just to get us going, with the intention of migrating over to a WordPress build in the near future. 2 years later we're still on Squarespace, with no immediate plans to change. The website's performance and optimization is consistently top-notch, edits are easy, tracking code changes work well, and enough third-party tool integrations exist to account for our needs. I wanted Squarespace because I hoped it would be quick and simple to set up. It was. I stayed with Squarespace because it's more effective and substantial than I initially hoped.

Pros

Squarespace really is simple to set up and use. A lot of web building best practices are automated for you, with image auto-optimization, mobile-friendly templates, and ADA compliance features. A few years ago the biggest issue with simple website builders like this was performance - drag-and-drop sites tended to be slower. Not the case anymore. All my Squarespace sites load well within Google Page Speed Index benchmarks, with image compression that doesn't reduce image quality at all.

Cons

Squarespace will cause some issues if you're at either extreme of tech savvy: If you have zero background building sites, there will be a learning curve. I know their marketing makes it sound like you could build a site with your eyes closed, but do not count on it being that simple. And on the other end, if you have deeper experience building sites and working with code, Squarespace can be a bit basic. You can't access a page's source code, block types can't be edited, and design functions are fairly limited.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

Simplicity and speed of deployment. We needed a whole new brand launched quickly, and Squarespace required the least set-up time.

Erin

Industry: Broadcast Media

A Novice Can Do It

I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm currently going through a website redesign. I utilized their "matchmaking service" to try and find a designer and thought it was the most efficient system. It's like online dating. You fill out a form, which is like your profile, stating what you want. You get matched up with several designers. From those you "swipe right" on five. Then it becomes up to those five to court you by sending you an email, reaching out to jump on a Zoom and you take your relationship from there. I feel like I scored. I am enjoying working with my designer. She's so knowledgeable and she understands what I'm trying to accomplish. I cannot wait for my new site to deploy.

Pros

For the most part, anything I've tried to create on Squarespace is relatively easy. If I had questions, I was able to find a YouTube tutorial to figure it out. The sites look professional on both desktop and mobile and don't break the bank to create. You can also make your site transactional which is nice and the fees involved are reasonable.

Cons

I am not a tech savvy person so some of the functionality requires an in-depth online lesson to recreate something I've seen, however, it is all figureoutable.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

I liked the perceived ease of use and portfolio of websites I saw that were built on a Squarespace platform. Also Shopify didn't really make sense since my site is more than just a store, I'm pretty copy heavy which Squarespace lends to better.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

I was tired of updating all of the plugins. It was a nuisance.

Kinsey

Industry: Photography

Web Design, but make it fun.

I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Pros

As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Cons

There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

I switched because I got a chance to use a Squarespace site for someone else. I saw how easy and straightforward it was to navigate, so I was hooked immediately. The designs were also very sleek and beautiful.

Kim

Industry: Writing and Editing

Top quality website and easy to create!

So far all my experiences are incredible! They get back to me right away whenever I have a question or issue. Fast to resolve.

Pros

Top quality website! Very easy to create a professional looking website all by myself. The templates are wonderful and suitable for all different types of programs. Absolutely love it!

Cons

The monthly subscription program is pricey but a less expensive option then what I've used before.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

I switched from another website provider that gauged me with up-charges and constant problems with logging in. I tried an inexpensive provider, and it was impossible with complicated programming.

Osman

Absolutely fine!

I've used this software before and it really helped me with my website in the past. It has some good features and not difficult to use. You pretty much get what you pay for. Also, know that if you are aiming for really professional websites I wouldn't suggest you use Squarespace. But if you just want to set up a decent site in a short amount of time, I would definitely suggest you this software.

Pros

First of all, it is extremely easy to set up websites in no time. It has some cool and modern-looking templates that you might want to consider. It is user-friendly and not much knowledge of coding is required which makes it a good choice for many companies and people. Even though I didn't struggle much with anything whilst using this software, support was always there to help.

Cons

The way that the client can't change a lot, implies that expert clients are restricted and don't have much freedom. Other than the lack of freedom when choosing templates and editing fonts or just the way the website looks, I don't see any other downsides to this software.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

I needed to design an amazing-looking website in a limited time, so I had to choose software that makes this easy for me. And Squarespace was much easier to use than Wix so I switched to it.

Anne

Easy and Elegant

I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

Pros

I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

Cons

There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

Reasons for choosing Squarespace

SquareSpace has amazing customer support and everything I need to run my business.

Reasons for switching to Squarespace

After being told that Vista print had all of the marketing materials across the platform for me to do business, I learned that they don’t support certain fonts across the entire platform. The customer support was rude and terrible. One more reason why I love SquareSpace

Ian