All Venmo Reviews

CharRon

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Venmo is king

Krishnamoorthy

Easy way to send and receive money

Venmo does not charge recurring fees, such as monthly or yearly fees, like other payment services. When sending money from a bank account, debit card, or your Venmo balance, there are no fees charged. Payment apps charge a 3 percent fee for credit card transactions, which is typical throughout the industry. There are also no fees associated with receiving money or transferring it to your bank account, unless you choose an immediate transfer rather than a regular transfer. Venmo has a unique selling point in that it is not your normal payment app. Likes, comments, and messages are linked to each payment in this payments software, which incorporates popular social network elements such as likes, comments, and messages. Others, on the other hand, believe that it makes money transfers more enjoyable, which some users find to be true.

Pros

It is quick and simple to use. Finally, but certainly not least, it has a large user base, which means that many of your connections may already be using it. Venmo's success may be attributed in large part to its simplicity of use. There is very little of a learning curve. You may download it and begin sending and receiving money within minutes of installing it. Using Venmo to divide costs is also a breeze since it provides an on-screen calculator when you transfer or request money from someone. You may also send or request the same amount from several people at the same time if you're sharing a bill with a group of people.

Cons

Once you've made a payment via Venmo, there is no way to reverse it. The money is sent promptly to the intended recipient. If you need a payment to be refunded, Venmo advises that you contact the receiver and request the money back. Other than that, you may request that Venmo's customer service reverse the payment on your behalf; however, they can only do so if the receiver accepts, if their account is in good shape, and if they still have the cash in the bank.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

Personal transactions can be made using Venmo, instantly.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Venmo had more features and a better mobile user interface.

Apeil

Worst company ever

Absolutely horrible! I submitted my passport 20 times and it’s still not been accepted in fact in was rejected. So we’re all of my other docs see above. I’ve called 8 times, I contacted support over 6 times and no one helped resolve the issue. I want my money.

Pros

I didn’t like anything about Venmo! Customer service is absolutely horrendous. Nothing at all!

Cons

I’ve provided an original birth certificate, US passport, state Id, tax return, current vehicle registration, bank statement, credit card bill and Ira statement and Venmo still has not approved my identity to access money in my account. It’s ridiculous!!!

Brandi

October 2022

Venmo is a lot better than others I have used

Pros

I love the customer service of this product, they are fast efficient and get the job done!

Cons

There is nothing I don’t particularly like about this software

Reasons for switching to Venmo

PayPal was such a hassle I know they are owned by the same company but somehow Venmo is way better

Manexy

Best online payment platform

It made my business easy for tracking last payments and the money I spent

Pros

Sending it's very fast and secure which I find good for my business

Cons

Mmm honestly nothing is bad about this app I give it a 10 out of 10

Security of my money

Mina

December 2022

Very satisfied customers of many years.

Pros

Very trustworthy app very easy to use and very convenient. I have been using Venmo professionaly and personally for many years and have been very satisfied.

Cons

Sometimes takes time to load the app and require to be restarted but overall very happy.

Kathleen

Great for personal use

I will continue to use Venmo to send and receive payments as much as possible. It is easy to use, inexpensive, and efficient.

Pros

I love that I can easily transfer money back and forth between friends and family. It eliminates the need to obtain or carry cash.

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives with Venmo. Everything has always gone very smoothly and I receive my funds usually within 1 business day of transfer for free.

Industry: Supermarkets

December 2022

Venmo is unmatched

Amazing. I do a lot of fundraising for some orgs I belong to and its a quick and easy way to receive donations or pay someone for their services.

Pros

Ease of use is by far the strongest asset Venmo has going for it. Setup is quick and simple and as easy as can be. Transferring money or making a payment to another person is just as easy and can be done in a few seconds.

Cons

Unfortunately, through no fault of Venmo, there can be an occasional issue with a WiFi or Network connection that delays a purchase. A lot of high school concessions are using Venmo and it can be slow to confirm payment if cellular services are shotty, as they are with most every major carrier in semi-remote areas. As mentioned, this is not Venmo's fault.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

A friend suggested it a few years ago.

Michelle

Honest Venmo Review

Easy to use and fits my small business when i can't afford a POS system. Most customers use venmo already so it familiar and easy to use for them.

Pros

Easy to set up, good low-cost option for businesses that accept payment without contact from customers

Cons

Transfers aren't free unless you wait a couple days. Could really bottleneck a small business with cash flow problems.

Heather

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Best app

Pros

I like how the app is easy to use and the payments go fast it don't take all day to get your payment

Cons

I don't like how you have in person payments cause I don't use that and I'm not so sure about the data security

Great for sending money to Friends and Family

So far, I still prefer PayPal, since it is more widely used, and more people (especially Businesses) are accepting it.However, since some only accept Venmo, it is useful to have as well.

Pros

I mainly use PayPal, but since some people do not, and only accept Venmo, I had to get it as well.Overall, interface is very simple, and it is easy to make transfers.Hurry, they are offering $10 to new joiners

Cons

So far it looks very simple to use.However I had issues with password. I couldn't remember the password, so had to select an option 'send yourself a code'. I received a code on my phone immediately, but there was nowhere to enter it to.

Shannon

Venmo is a MUST HAVE

I know VENMO is owned by PayPal, but VENMO is so much better in the day to day of collecting and sending money. My kids have it, making is super easy for me to "pay them back" or for them to get paid by a neighbor for babysitting or helping out in some way. Also great for "collecting" from people for a teachers gift. Some cons: the default option is "public." Sort of like face book or Instagram, the list of "who" you have paid and your comment are public. The amount is not. I set mine to "private", but that is NOT the default. If you want to spy on your kids and their record is "public" it's super easy. Also, it must tie to a cell phone and only one VENMO account per cell phone number and per bank account. This can make it harder to get your kids on VENMO if they don't have an active cell number (google voice does not count!, I tried it). Also with your spouse/partner, they cannot be hooked up to the same bank account as you on VENMO. The functional outcome of this often is that just one of you may have VENMO on your device. Lastly, you need to know someone's VENMO ID first. If you pay the wrong person, there's no getting your money back unless they kindly return it. There is a cell phone verification process that helps though or you can "friend" someone first to be sure you have the right contact before sending money. The biggest pro, it's super quick. You can request or send money almost instantly. Definite must-have. Get a friend to show you how to use it.

Pros

Super easy to transfer funds to anyone. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to request or send money. No more "not collecting" from friends for "their share" of the night out, you just send a "request". Very easy to send a tip or pay a babysitter.

Cons

You can't tie your VENMO to a savings account. Must have a cell number, google voice doesn't count. Can be hard to search for people. Setting default is "public" meaning others can see who you have sent money to and what you wrote in the comments. You must write something in the comments or put an emoji for each transaction even if you don't want to.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

VENMO is quicker and easier to use for small day to day exchanges of money between friends and family.

Very efficient and popular

Since integrating Venmo as an additional payment option that my clients can utilize to pay their invoices, my collections have gone down, the average age on debt was cut in half and my business has actually increased because the level of trust clients have in me increased as they saw me as more of a partner than a vendor. All around, my business has benefited greatly .

Pros

the first thing is that it is very simple to register, add an account and implement. the second pro is the fact that so many people are using Venmo. I thought it would be a challenge to implement as a business tool to collect payments from clients but I was very wrong. In fact, the majority of the clients I approached with this option were already registered.

Cons

the 2 biggest challenges to overcome were the security concerns people have about providing payment and account information online and chance of it being hacked. Having done the research on the product, those concerns were quickly alleviated and Venmo actually provided me with collateral to give my clients who had such concerns. the second challenge was overcoming the "Social Media" aspect. Venmo obviously gained it's popularity from the consumer side by incorporating a social media feel to it. Businesses on the other hand do NOT want their payments, collections, etc. broadcast in social media platform. It takes some convincing but once the ease with which payments can be obtained from their customers and how that can help increase revenues is properly explained, 9 of 10 clients jumped on board.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

While Venmo is owned by PayPal and PayPal offers a more secure option for processing payments and sending money, Venmo provides the same avenue with which to quickly and seamlessly send money to individuals and is the 'hot' product right now. Having a younger influencer base that's already using Venmo opens up more options and thus provides the ability to work with another demographic segment

Andy

Amazing Payment Solution for Many Applications

Venmo has always been a great experience and very intuitive...even for people who aren't technologically inclined. Everyone we have used it with or introduced it to has continued to use it afterwards with great results. We plan on using it for even more as it allows in the future. It's much easier and quicker than PayPal which seems to have been the standard until now.

Pros

Venmo is an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer money between people in a company for expenses and more as well as accept payments for merchandise (with the new business account options) and even pay people for their services. Since multiple people can be logged on, it allows 4 of us to operate financially when necessary without a delay. You can easily write what each payment is for and download monthly statements to keep accurate records of all of your transactions. Even better, most people have it and use it now so compatibility is rarely an issue. It makes everything we do faster and our customers even more pleased as they can pay for merchandise, tickets, or even simply donate at the click of a button!

Cons

The only tough thing about Venmo that rarely arises is if someone doesn't use it. In that case, we need to have a paypal or cash option ready but that's not an actual problem with the application itself. It would be great if they could add annual statements to their download option in addition to the monthly statements. Annual statements would save some time during tax season!

Reasons for choosing Venmo

We liked the interface better and it seems that more people use it than CashApp.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Venmo is faster and easier. It has less fees (none unless sending money using a credit card) and most people are starting to use it more than paypal now.

LAURA

Industry: Cosmetics

Perfect for person-to-person, not the best for businesses

I use venmo for personal use outside of the business very regularly. I choose not to use it for my business for the reasons I listed in my cons.

Pros

This is probably the easiest and most user friendly money transferring app that I have used. Venmo charges the user a very small percentage to do an instant transfer and there are no fees to do a transfer that takes 1-3 business days. If you are out for drinks and decide to put the bill on one person's card, you can easily send them money to cover your portion and they'll have it before the check even comes. If you need your money transferred to your bank immediately, you can have it within less than 3 minutes. Another pro is that nearly everyone has it on their phones these days and that keeps things simple.

Cons

It does keep track of your payments, received and sent; however, I feel that the use of venmo in a business is highly unprofessional and it can be a negative to the recipient. If a business owner or worker receives money for goods or services, they are charged a fee. While this fee percentage is very small, if you charge more than $100.00 for whatever your business provides, you're charged a fee and that adds up. For example, I sent money for $1,400.00 and received a very nasty email from the recipient saying that they were charged $14.00 just to pull the money. This is only with instant transfer, as I said, but it is something to be remembered for business owners.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

Ease of use and the fact that everyone I know has it.

Heather

Top Notch!

Venmo has made not having cash on hand very convenient. Whether it's collecting funds for a teacher gift or paying someone back for lunch at the office, it's quick, easy, convenient, safe and it's nice that you can keep a Venmo balance or transfer the money directly into your linked bank account.

Pros

This app makes it easy to make payments, reimbursements and other monetary transactions. It's safe, secure and user friendly platform makes this app my go to. It was easily linked with bank accounts, the ability to make the transaction public or private and add "friends" was a great tool.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that sometimes it'll ask the last 4 digits of the persons phone number that you are sending it to. While this is a great feature to assure it's going to the correct person, we don't always know the person's phone number that it's linked to, although it does give an option to bypass this step.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

There are currently no fees associated with Venmo, so it's easier when sending to friends for exact amount, not a business transaction.

Aaron

Venmo offers and quick and easy way to send and receive money, but has questionable privacy

Beyond the privacy issues, Venmo is really easy to use and a fairly good experience. If it was not for the fact that transactions are made public by default, I would easily recommend Venmo to everyone.

Pros

Venmo makes it really easy to send and receive money to friends, family and businesses. The setup is relatively painless, especially if your bank supports "Plaid" verification (otherwise you will need to manually enter your bank account info and wait a day or two for verification). Venmo also support sending/receiving payment via credit cards or debit cards, but with a 3% processing fee. In addition, Venmo supports business profiles (as by default, theoretically, your profile is for personal use only).

Cons

The absolute biggest downside to Venmo is its questionable privacy policies and settings. By default, all of your transactions are made public, anyone who knows your username can see what transactions you have made (both sending and receiving). You can change these settings, but Venmo makes it unnecessarily difficult - first you need to change your privacy settings to "private," making all of your future transactions private; second you need to make all of your past payments private, as even by changing your settings to "private" this will only affect future transactions. Perhaps more troubling is that Venmo largely hides its privacy policies. Business profiles are nice, as to make it more "legitimate," but they do come at a cost of 1.9% + 10¢ per transaction. This is fairly typical, but it is always frustrating that the same service is free for personal use but not for business use.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

I use a combination of different payments apps beyond Venmo including Square Cash, PayPal and Apple Pay and Zelle. Each have their benefits/pitfalls, but you can easily use one or all of the options without them conflicting with each other.

Crystal