All WordPress Reviews

1-25 of 14,247 Reviews

Justin

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

Good for a free product, but watch that security

Iván

Great for building websites in a very short time

I'll keep using WordPress in my company for me and my clients. It's a great product and simply the best free CMS on the market right now.

Pros

Nowdays getting to the first pages of Google is of great importance. WordPress is very SEO friendly which allows you to set up keywords and good practices very easily. Its template ecosystem is huge and this allows you to build nice looking websites in days, not weeks. From the user perspective, WordPress is quite easy to use, and the learning curve is quite plain. Finally, there are plugins for a lot of common functionalities, so if you need something specific not included in WordPress core, there is nearly always a plugin that comes to the rescue.

Cons

WordPress is candy for hackers and you need to put special care into keeping it updated and secure. Fortunately, there are some plugins to help you with this. Anybody can write a plugin and uploaded it to the marketplace. Some malicious people may use this to build a plugin with a backdoor. You need to put special care into installing 3rd party plugins to avoid this kind of security issue.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

Wordpress market share is way superior to its competitors.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

It's just quicker to build sites in WordPress and having so many plugins and templates available allow us to finish websites in a fraction of the time than with a custom CMS.

Festus

Use Wordpress To Build Your Website Easily and Quickly

With this platform, we can easily build websites, landing pages, squeeze pages, forms easily without writing any lines of code. this by far saved us time and money.

Pros

1. easy to use2. completely free3. easy integration with multiple platforms 4. multiple possibilities5. constant updates and maintenance6. large array of third party integrations are possible

Cons

1. the security is not that strong as hackers find it easy to penetrate and bring down websites built on wordpress.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

its easy to use and build on without writing any lines of code

Reasons for switching to WordPress

wordpress is an easy to use and manage CMS. thousands and millions of themes, plugins are compatible on the platform. but wix is not really robust as we were really unable to do alot of amazing stuffs because of some restrictions

December 2022

The only blogging alternative

Pros

It is free. It is easy to install. There is no reason to use any other tool for blogging since wordpress has all the features you need to manage a website, very simple to very complex. Maie sure to install some must have plugins like wordfence, total cache and yoast seo. There are plugins for almost everything.

Cons

Unfortunately wordpress is also the preferred target for hackers. Make sure to setup wordfence with strict rules. You also have to keep it updated, so enable auto-updates even if they can break your themes or plugins.

Andrei

Industry: Computer Games

Great for people with no technical skills, bad for the others

When we just started with our micro studio we did not have the time to make our own website solution so we picked WordPress which helped us quite a lot in the first few years. However as problems appeared we decided that moving away to something we can control better would be the optimal solution in the long run. WordPress is too prone to problems, it's slower (because of the database that needs to be queried all the time) and just creates more headaches than not. We're very happy we got to try it however just to know what to stay away from but this is again, only due to the fact that we can make our own. It would be ridiculous for people to not use WordPress if they don't have much HTML5 knowledge. WordPress is great for people without technical skills, but that's it.

Pros

The ease of use is WordPress' primordial feat. Most web hosts provide a 1 click install (which works most of the time) and then you're off to your template website. This whole deal can take between 5 to 20 minutes. There is a great deal of themes (website "skins" with color themes and layout) and plugins (widgets such as Facebook wall, Email sign-up, etc) that come out of the box. When it comes to community created content (themes & plugins) WordPress is superior compared to other CMS (content management systems like Drupal, Joomla, etc.) simply because the user base is much higher. and the ease of writing articles and posting them to your live site is incredible. An elementary school student could achieve this without any problems.

Cons

I dislike several things when it comes to WordPress and being quite technical it was a breath of fresh air when I took the time to remake my websites as static (WordPress is dynamic as in it needs to connect to a database to create the pages on the fly) 1. Most web hosts provide a 1 click install and half of the time it didn't work for me. The script bugged and the page stopped receiving data about the setup's % so I lost quite some time waiting on that. Had to reinstall my WordPress using their "1 click install" several times due to the fact that apart from the installation stopping I could also not understand too well the setup steps regarding the database even though I worked for a few years as a PL/SQL developer. 2. Another big issue with WordPress and any CMS is that you're quite limited in moving your website around to different hosts. I had to do that 3 times, and the 3rd time I stopped migrating the WordPress site and just created a new website myself from scratch. The migration required a paid plugin to fully export everything. WordPress has an export option but it did not export half of my content (usually images), let alone the theme and my modifications to it. So if your host starts acting up and you're losing potential clients good luck moving a WordPress website fast. 3. The amount of updates that need to be carried on can break your website if you use what WordPress is renowned for: plugins - as they require the developer to update them

Andy

October 2022

The simplest and best free web building software on the planet

Simple and effective for any type of website yo will ever need. Just ensure you have the right power at the server end, and the right support from your hosting or web design company, and you can't go wrong. It's cheap, easy and works great!

Pros

I love how intuitive WordPress has always been, from setting up a new site, even if you don't have your own server, you can do this vie the WordPress website, but even if you have to build your own database and upload all the files manually it's very simple, and there are so many resources online to help with literally anything you need, google the issue and you'll find web pages, tutorials and videos to help with anything. And most hosting companies offer 1-click installations and support with WordPress now too, which gives you the confidence to have a go, as whatever goes wrong can be fixed!

Cons

The new block editor in WordPress I'm actually not as happy with as the original editor, perhaps it's just familiarity as WordPress feels like an old friend as I've been using it for many years now. However in my opinion the biggest issue is 3rd party theme builders, bulking up their themes with large CSS, JS and lack of image compression, which has made WordPress feel bulkier and slower on some sites than it really is out of the box.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

It's better, faster, has less server and database load, is better supported, has more themes and plugins for any function you can imagine, and above all it's free!

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Having coded sites by hand for years I was looking for something easy to use, I tried Drupal and Joomla as well as WordPress at the time about 10 years ago, and WordPress was the simplest backend UI by far, and still is to this day.

Mahmoud

WordPress review

Pros

it is an easy to use software for creating websites exactly as you want and in a simple way

Cons

the problem I have with the software is its popularity and simplicity which makes it a very systematic solution

Sanoussy

WordPress review

This software is very easy to use, intuitive, efficient because it fully meets the features I am looking for.

Pros

WordPress makes it easy to create a website and this allows you to have a certain mobile and to have access to the software anywhere in the world

Cons

You just have to be careful from updates regularly to avoid hackers

Sherwin

January 2023

Have been using Wordpress for years!

I have been using Wordpress stir years. I've used it for personal projects, for paying customers, and for my employer. It's my go-to recommendation for a website platform, for sure.

Pros

Wordpress is free! It's also a platform used by a large number of websites, so community support is easy to find.

Cons

Nothing! For a product with so many features and possibilities to be free is great!

Amiofu

November 2022

My first ever site was Wordpress and I still use it!

It’s the best! You can easily create your own blog right now for free and even get to meet other bloggers on the platform.

Pros

I just got into secondary school when I was tasked with creating a blog with any site. After research, I ended up with Wordpress and I was in love with it! I found it easy to use and customize. That I ended up learning mor w on creating websites with Wordpress for people. I used it to create one for my sister. They make it easy to also see the domains available for the name you are choosing.

Cons

Apart from the fact that it is harder but not impossible to edit a site on mobile, I love Wordpress. Yes some features you may want has to be paid for but it’s understandable.

eva

December 2022

Price effective and elaborate customisation options.

Best option if you have a bit of experience or if you're willing to learn.

Pros

Wordpress is imo the best option if you have a bit of experience or if you're willing to learn. Love all the plugins.

Cons

It's useful to know some code. Total newbies might struggle. But if you take the time to learn with tutorials etc. you may manage.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

I first used Wordpress.com but found it too limiting. I prefer Wordpress.org. Also used Wixx but wasn't that happy with that.

Jeremy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Versatile with plenty of options!

Wordpress is extremely easy to use in comparison to some other website softwares. You can make a basic page for a business or blog in a matter of hours and have it up and running. There are quite a few themes that it is very likely the design you want has already been created.

Pros

Wordpress offers the most options and built in plugins if you are willing to pay. With how broad the use of wordpress is there are also plenty of resources online to help you build and expand your webpage. You can edit your site and get it up and running in a matter of hours.

Cons

When you are starting out on wordpress there are features and plugins are are only available at higher priced points. Unfortunately you have to pay for the entire year so there is not much flexibility in terms of trying things out for a short period of time before committing.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

If you are willing to pay a bit more, wordpress provides everything you need in one spot, you do not have to go search for additional plugins.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

When paying for a business or e-commerce site, Wordpress has a bunch of plugins that allow for trial and error without committing to purchasing individual plugins

Aleksander

Great for quick development for your clients

It was a pleasant journey. I've been using/editing/building WordPress websites for the last 3-4 years. I learned a lot and saved tons of time using it. I'd highly recommend it for most of the people as it has a very pleasant UI and it's easy to use even for not tech people - your client.

Pros

The community. It has a wide support for the plugins. You can find almost any plugin you would think of. There are lots of tutorials/questions etc. on the internet too which makes it easy to deal with your problems. There are plenty of cheap option to host your Wordpress instance, which is a big plus. There is also a lot of themes you can use for free, but also lots of high quality paid ones (that are not expensive too).

Cons

Code quolity. Even though there are lots of plugins and themes, usually their code quality is poor. It's hard to add new features to already existing themes or change something. It's easi to write your own custom theme, but it requires way higher budget for the project, which is not a common thing.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

Price, community and number of themes. There are some cheaper alternatives on the market, but the support for them is not as good as for Wordpress.

Desiree

The Best Web Development Platform

I love WordPress, as previously stated. I have used ONLY WordPress as my building platform for the last 8-9 years. That should be all the proof needed of my high regard for this platform.

Pros

I absolutely love working with WordPress. I just recently stopped developing websites and am pursuing other options. However, the 8-9 years I used WordPress to design and build websites was by far the best choice I could have made. I began back when it was mainly Joomla and Drupal - WordPress was just a new blogging platform. However, it had just started to veer into the CMS area, and I just had a hunch and taught myself WordPress, focusing just on that, and now look at it! It's highly versatile, they keep all the coding updates needed as well as any hot fixes/patches on a consistent basis for security, and it's FREE. I've seen this platform come a VERY long way in just 8 years and I think it will continue to do well.

Cons

Although the updates are necessary, it just seems like they are constantly pushing updates through. It makes it a little harder for website managers to keep up with that, or even customers who can't afford to pay a monthly maintenance fee for a web dev to handle every month. I would think they could try and make slightly fewer updates (unless something major happens of course) and just push more of the updates out in each push - not just little ones all the time.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

Oddly enough, it was just a hunch after I received a one hour walk through of the back end from a tech rep at HostGator as they used to offer training on WordPress. Once I saw the back end and got a taste of it, I just knew it was the one. I apologize there is nothing specific as it was just a gut feeling for me.

Stacy

Anyone can build their own website

I'm not new to building websites. I used to use Joomla and phpbb to build sites. I actually got fairly good at it. One day I decided to try Wordpress. I was concerned, as I didn't wish to build a blog. I always considered Wordpress blog software. I soon was very surprised that it goes well beyond blogs. It is one of the easiest to use to build your own website.

Pros

This software is beyond user friendly. With a small amount of research, you can build a professional looking website. This saves a purchaser a large amount of money. paying someone to build your site is very costly, and some non-for-profits simply don't have the capital to do so.

Cons

Unfortunately, Wordpress has always had a spam issue. Every contact form from Wordpress is constantly hit with spam. You can use captcha to offset the spam and use some plugins made to stop the spam, but there are always a few that slip through.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

Wordpress is quicker to update and to me has better security than the others.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

I tried Wordpress and found it much easier and less costly to use than Joomla. With Joomla you have to install extensions and plugins, but Wordpress only requires a simple plugin install.

Tim

Veteran WP User

My overall experience with WordPress has been very positive. I use it for many client websites, including my own websites and find that there really isn't anything I haven't been able to do yet because of the flexibility WordPress offers.

Pros

The thing I like most about WordPress is the ease of functionality when it comes to customizing a website for just about any purpose. I've been using and developing with WordPress since 2006 and know it inside and out. As time goes on, the platform becomes more favorable with many additional options for developers and users to create with. The choices for high-end customization are endless. The best part about WordPress is the community based support. Most questions are usually answered when needed from other like-minded developers and users. At the end of the day, I wouldn't think of trying or using any other software for website creation.

Cons

The only thing I like least about WordPress is because there are so many options available and developers are out in droves, there's little quality control in some aspects when it comes to choosing the wrong scripts. It's worthwhile that you do extensive research before developing with certain add-on options, such as themes or plugins. While the majority of options are so limitless, there tends to be a few bad apples along the way and it's just something you learn by trial and error.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

I chose WordPress over alternatives because of the quality, community support and endless options for developing and designing a website.

Gustavo

April 2022

The Best Web Framework hadns down.

I do appreciate this platform since allows me to create and manage many websites, making out of them useful tools for different companies and professionals. WordPress is a great system that will allow you to create beautiful websites despite their purposes and objectives.

Pros

Open Source system There are millions of integrations to add further functionalities, such an ecommerce, a booksystem, etc. Easy to install, to manage and widely known in terms of having a community capable to support any wonder if any appears.

Cons

It used to be less customizable that it is right now, and most of the cons that might be said are past by now. It is outstanding.

Reasons for choosing WordPress

As I said previously, the WordPress compatibility with any other third party solution is a game changer for any one looking to create a website.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

WordPress does have more third-party integrations available, and I find it easier to use than Joomla.

Md Abdul