PestPac Reviews

4.00 / 5 (205)

Our advisors have recommended this product 21 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Easy to use and love I can access it anywhere at anytime. Customer support is amazing and always resolve any issues or questions quickly. "

• "Lots of features. Easy to use. Very detailed. Great list of reports and functions. "

• "Easy to get started on, basic functions are very user friendly. "

• Cons

• "Not the most user friendly, because it is such a big piece of software.. but customer support is very useful to assist. "

• "The software is great but it has a steep learning curve. "

• "It is an expensive product, especially when using all the various features. Some of the modules are a work in progress, however they are still full price. "

Browse PestPac Reviews

Richard from Pest Control

PestPac - Great software for independent pest control owners/operators!

Pros

I spend over 30 years in corporate management of the large, national pest control company before I left and bought 2 local pest companies. I can tell you PestPac is loaded with features that the larger companies would die to have! I went paperless 30 days after integrating all of my accounts into the system. Reduced the need for 1 office person/bookkeeper. Technicians love the app on their I-phone and can review the orders for the upcoming week/month. What I like best is the ability for techs to take pictures and embed in the work order to alert our customers what we have done for them during the service (removed a wasp nest, killed an ant mound, moved dog bowls, etc). Great overall software!

Cons

It is not really easy to learn and the only way to learn is by trial and error. The initial trainer assigned to my account was not very knowledgeable - so after I complained they assigned the best of the best and she was AWESOME!

Jennifer from Holistic Pest Solutions

Excellent Service Every Time

It powers our business. I am so grateful to have found Pest Pac back when we started in 2002. It has made all the difference in our ability to provide the best customer service experience possible. They are the best company I have every worked with in terms of professionalism, friendliness, reliability, and quality of product.

Pros

It is easy to use and the customer. It is full of features and options which can make it complex at times, but this is a good thing and Customer Service is always available to help you learn and understand features as you are ready to use them or new ones become available.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. Any issues are quickly resolved and they are consistently working on improvements and listen to customer feedback.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

It suited out specific needs better. I love Quickbooks for all of my accounting, but Pest Pac was the best choice for all of our customer tracking, invoicing, and payments. It does so much more for our employees and scheduling as well.

Response from WorkWave

Replied December 2019

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Shannon from Pestex Inc.

Modules on top of modules

My company has used PestPac since 1997 (before it was PestPac) though I've only used it for 3 and a half years. My entire experience as a PestPac user has been sorely dismal, dismaying, and disheartening. During this time we've had extensive issues with technician schedules missing stops (even refreshing the mobile app every day), customer communications randomly stopping, a serious lack of reports to determine top revenue-generating Bill-tos, and more. Due to the huge amount of data PestPac stores (and our data goes way back), Service Setups are often popluated with phantom arrival times and PestPac support seems unable to tell from where the data is coming and therefore can do nothing to fix it. The software is module-based, which means you pay extra for every little module, and modules don't always get along with the base platform and other modules without an extensive amount of setup work (and even then it's likely to go awry). Their support is very slow to repond to inquiries (like weeks), though if you need to add a license or inquire about adding on a module, sales gets back to you within the hour. At one point, we tried to use their Route Optimizer, only to find out 8 months into "onboarding" that our scheduling process won't even work with Route Ops. We were never able to even implement one day of Route Ops, but we were still charged for every month past our 3 months of onboarding time. It's unfortunate there is little else out there.

Pros

I like that there is huge potential for an all-encompassing pest control business software including dispatch, route optimization, fleet tracking, technician reviews, CRM, email marketing, Executive Dashboard, etc.

Cons

Pretty much everything, but mostly the fact that technician schedules are sometimes missing stops, and checkboxes associated with customer communications and reports are often unchecked randomly so customers suddenly stop receiving their Invoices and Inspection Reports.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Shannon - Thanks for the review, and we are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with PestPac. We will be passing this feedback along to our product team!

Laura from AllClear Pest Service

Great Software for Pest Control Company!

Pros

This software is fairly easy to use once you learn the basics. I really like that it's functions are customizable to meet the needs of the company using it. It's great for retaining customer information and keeping up with service history and future service needs.

Cons

I've used a different software that had a better plan for mapping and scheduling, but lacked greatly in other areas. Adding better routing and mapping functionality is available, but adding it costs more. I don't know if adding it will do what I would like. It would be nice to see all customers with service due this month on the map at the same time. This would allow better customization of the routes each month.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Laura - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Ramon from Consumer Services

It is an okay service.

From a business stand point, it's tricky because not a lot of pest oriented programs provide this service, but the platform just feels very antiquated. There is plenty of room to grow, just would like to see it grow faster because in 7-8 years, it doesn't seem like much has changed. It's pretty much what I remember it to be.

Pros

I like how I can set up a recurring service.

Cons

That is product is not at all easy to customize, the level of difficulty it is to get it customized with support, and the ease of use. You are constantly clicking around and having to go back to the beginning if you can't find what you were looking for.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

Because it provides a recurring service setup. Otherwise we would've gone with something similar to ezyvet's platform. The UI for PestPac leaves a lot to be desired.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Ramon - Thank you for the review of PestPac. We are happy to hear that you like how you can set up recurring services but are sorry to hear about your frustrations involving ease of use. We will pass this valuable feedback to our product team!

Gladys from Ram Pest Management

Industry: Chemicals

Pest Control User

Overall PestPac is a good system when you get the hang of it, its user friendly and has different customizations available to you all though on occasions may hit some bumps I would recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use and ability to manage basics needs to manage our company and then some.

Cons

Changes regarding updates, sometimes these affect system or previous actions that were available to us because now they have been removed or changed. Add ons, everything has to be added on with an additional charge and usually per user. It makes a difference in price to where you cant get the full benefits unless your paying way more when other products charge less for very similar or more services.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

I wasnt part of this process but we have still considered other products during our current service.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Gladys - Thank you for the review! We are glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Michael from wolski brothers pest control

Industry: Facilities Services

PestPac

It's great that i have a system in place that handles all the daily paperwork that i go through each day. I am able to invoice, record materials used, how they were used , time of day they were used all the things that we used to write out are now done with a click on my smartphone.

Pros

The software allows me to present my customers with great field reports. It is great for billing. It is well thought out for the pest control industry .

Cons

I have had some issues with my field printer and software communicating. This was resolved with a nice work around and i have had no issues in the last year.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

I tried the other product to save a couple of dollars. It was a bad mistake. The other product was obviously not designed with my industry in mind. It was a poor fit for me and almost cost me my largest customer when i could no longer leave the printed detailed reports that they had come to expect. A lot of my customers appreciate having the ability to go to a portal and read reports but they also expect to have a crisp well written detailed report left on site. Pestpac checks that box.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Michael - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Nancy from Allison Pest Control

Industry: Environmental Services

Work smarter not harder..

The problems we are solving is the same as above. Scheduling appointments in a timely matter. It has solved the problem of doing it manually. My over all experience is positive with the exception of a few things I believe should be worked on.

Pros

the convenience of scheduling appointments and allowing our daily tasks to be at our finger tips and not done manually.

Cons

There are a few things I think they can do better on the scheduler. Being able to snap up or down time blocks like other appointments would be more convenient. Also printing out a customer renewal form is a lot more work than it should be, and we do this often. I think these things should be updated.

Response from WorkWave

Replied December 2019

Hi Nancy - Thanks for the positive review and the helpful feedback! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and will be sharing your feedback with our team.

Alison from Barefoot Mosquito and Pest Control

PestPac Review

Once we discovered the List Management feature, it changed our world over here. Overall, we've had a great experience with Pest Pac. Its always being updated with new features and they take feedback really well.

Pros

Now that I've learned how to use it, Pest Pac is a great system. At first, I wasn't crazy about it because it was hard to learn. The new design really helps. Once you figure everything the reports can show you, you can do pretty much anything. There are a few things that we have to rig up in the service orders because we don't want to pay anymore than we need to. I don't know the exact cost of what we pay, but I know its pretty high. I've heard that the other "cheaper" companies don't have as many features and their customer service isn't as great. Pest Pac does have amazing customer service. Every time I've called or email in, I get a quick answer to my questions. If the person isn't sure, they check on it, and call/email right back.

Cons

It was a bit hard to learn, and I'm not crazy about the blue color of it all but thats just little stuff. I have no actual complaints.

Chris from Sun Pest Management

Best Choice for Medium to Large Companies

I cannot recommend PestPac for small companies, as there is another cloud product that is superior. For medium to larger companies, PestPac is still the best choice.

Pros

PestPac has a LOT of features, and they're always adding more.

Cons

The interface is extremely dated, and not very user-friendly. Add-ons are often poorly integrated and take years to be properly updated for full functionality. The mobile timeclock for hourly employees is a good example; we still have to run reports from the old VRM interface, as PestPac proper is very limited for this kind of reporting.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Chris - Thanks for the the helpful review, we will be passing your feedback along to our wider team!

Mary from ChemTec Pest Control

After 15 years, I'm Still Happy with Choosing PestPac

The folks at WorkWave have always been wonderful and polite. They've often gone out of their way to help me find a solution to how I want to use the system and will be clear when my requests are not obtainable. They believe in their product and appreciate suggestions that can help to advance the usability of the software. Since we're close in proximity to their home office, their Project Managers have gone into the field with our Technicians just to observe how we are using the software and how it can be improved.

Pros

The PestPac product is very expansive. It performs so many functions very well and integrates them within the system seamlessly. The routing and scheduling has created substantial efficiencies in our routes. Also, as extensive as the system is, it is not terribly difficult to use and understand. I appreciate that WorkWave is always making tweaks and modifications to improve performance and usability.

Cons

There is so many faucets to this software which is great, but sometimes overwhelming. You don't always know where to find the option change you are looking for, or if it exists. It's also difficult to know in advance how one set-up or change in selection will impact bill/work routing/reporting. Also, there isn't always help on a page, or the help is not helpful. I do think in the past that some new changes/enhancements to the software are not tested as thoroughly as they should be (perhaps to meet deadlines). My one big gripe is that I do not like it when our hands our tied with Vendor Partners and we are unable to pick our own partner, such as the credit card processing or phone integration. There is no doubt that there have been snafus over the past 15-years, and some of them rather big snafus. But I still do not think that there is another pest software that is as layered and expansive as PestPac.

Response from WorkWave

Replied December 2019

Hi Mary - Thank you so much for your review, we are glad to hear you are still finding success with our software after 15 years!

Marsha from Budget Pest Control, Inc.

Great tools and addition to any pest control company

In general, I LOVE pest pac. It has made our business so much better by using it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for pest control software. There are so many tools and pieces to use and add it you want, it is GREAT!

Pros

Customer support is excellent! I can't ask for anything better! Anything that you are unsure about, you can ask questions and get quick answers. Anything you need... training and support, they are right there to schedule time to train and go over things that you may even have already been trained on but need a refresher. Questions of any kind or problems, support will help right away. This is SO nice and comforting to know when experience with other companies in the past is not at all like this generally. Scheduling -Route OP and dynamic planner is good, especially if you have never used a scheduler for pest control, it is great. Reports are awesome!! You can run just about any report however you want...great details to help you watch over the business.

Cons

Some of the scheduling in Route OP and dynamic planner needs attention. There are a some things that make it not work as efficiently as it could. In general it is a pretty good software, I just wish some of the ways the scheduler works were corrected to make this work better. The goal for Route OP is to help make scheduling more efficient and when it takes a lot of work to make it most efficient, that doesn't make the most sense to me.

Jessica from Chem-Wise Pest Mgmt

Using pestpac for 10+ years and I really like it.

It is extremely user friendly and does so much!

Pros

Pestpac is always looking to improve their system, they have updates and also have a seperate site that allows users to suggest ideas for future updates! We love that we can do everything in this 1 system. We have eliminated other software programs and fees and are able to ONLY use pestpac.

Cons

I wish there was a review screen when sending email notifications like the review screen when sending phone call notifications. Also, we would like the checkbox for calls and emails included in the appointment screen after clicking on an appointment. Also, we'd like to see a prepay option for customers in the customer portal.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Jessica - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Mary from ABC Pest Management

Dependable product and excellent customer service support!

Very good experience with WorkWave PestPac overall.

Pros

The software is very reliable. We use this daily and it never fails. Very easy to create customized reports. E-mail and text notifications to customers for appointment notifications work extremely well. Customer service is very quick to respond to any problems or questions if needed. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

We tried the mobile app. What we did not like about it was that the technician could not look up customer histories of past jobs. The only thing available was the jobs listed for them to do, could not add a customer on the fly if needed. That had to be done on the administrative side at the office. The app did not suit our needs so I cancelled the mobile app service.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

I had some familiarity with it from another company I had worked with in the past.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Mary - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

John from Bryan Pest Control, Inc.

Capabilities Exceed Our Use

Just having a program that encompasses all our needs to track scheduling and history of services along with the ease of use is very beneficial.

Pros

Very intuitive, with a multitude of features. Tutorials are useful to train new office staff and software provides a vast array of information to store for customer database. Having our customer database stored securely off-site is a plus. The capabilities of the program far exceed what our company has utilize as of yet, this is a good thing to have more capabilities than less.

Cons

Having to purchase licences for each user. Some of the forms we print having to go on specific paper is a draw back.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi John - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software!

June from Hopper Termite & Pest

To PestPac or Not

Pros

Love the accountability for money in this program. We briefly switched to another software and it was 6 months of sheer terror trying to get sound, solid numbers out of the other software. With PestPac you know that your numbers are solid. Schedulers also love that the appointments do not auto move after auto calls have gone out.

Cons

This software is a little more rigid (not live) than some softwares on the market, but to have sound accounting numbers being live is not all that it is cracked up to be. It is a little pricey, but again the functionality is consistent in the program.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

We wanted to go back to PestPac because of the reliability of the product. Day in, Day out it will do the same thing.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi June - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Joseph from Pest at Rest LLC

Great Product - Must Have

Pestpac has been a great value to my company. I am able to access it from my desktop and mobile phone. With the Marathon Mobile app I no longer need to email each technician their route. They can view, update notes, and even upload photos and documents. Saving time and money.

Pros

It's software allows you to file several city and state mandatory reports seamlessly. Track technician activity to the minute and submit reports to customers instantly via email. It has saved me time and energy and provides customers more control of their account that I could have given them prior to using it.

Cons

I wish the community portal had more answers to the questions that are posted. If they did, this would significantly reduce if not eliminate many calls that come through the customer support line.

Travis from Bee’n Green LLC

Just a little tweaking.

Customer service is awesome. Even when You have forgotten how to do something they always treat you with respect and explain everything as if you were first learning. There is a lot of information to use and to learn but it all comes in due time. Depending on how you operate will determine how much you actually use. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but at the same time, glad it is available.

Pros

Able to use a mobile app with customers to process invoices, Paperless system, Saves time, stores important info/documents and security.

Cons

Work wave is making changes/updates but I feel there are still some changes/tweaking that need to change or be added to make things better.

Pricing and features.

Response from WorkWave

Replied September 2019

Hi Travis - Thanks for your feedback, we are so glad you have found success with our mobile app and support team!

ZACHARY from CLANCY BROTHERS

pestpac

It has been a benefit for our business

Pros

Being able to organize everything and route more efficiently

Cons

It has been difficult to get a hold of someone outside of regular business hours and even when you do it can still take a few days to resolve some problems.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Zachary - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed to resolve problems, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team.

Tom from Thomas Pest Control

Overall it has been a good experience.

Pros

It is designed specifically for pest control applications and is pretty comprehensive.

Cons

If any issues come up that the regular customer support reps cannot handle and they have to send it to engineering or technical support you can be assured that if you get an answer at all it will be weeks or months later. In addition, there is a substantial amount of time it takes to train new employees on how to navigate the software proficiently.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

Designed pretty well for pest control applications

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Tom - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with slow resolutions, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team.

Sylvia from Rose Pest Solutions

Pest Pac Review

I have watched Pest Pac grow over the many years and see that their goal has always been to work for their customers. They have always made it possible to rewrite programs to serve the customer's needs. The customer service has always been willing to help and work on a project as soon as possible. They keep the customer posted on any updates when a problem does arise and get it solved with speed and efficiency. Always achieving the best results for the customer.

Pros

Pest Pac is easy to navigate and read. The updates come regular and if any problem occur they get right on it and get the issue fixed. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.

Cons

I really don't have any cons as I have been using Pest Pac since 2003 and it grows with your company. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.

Joshua from AMERICAN PEST CONTROL

Easy for every day use but tricky to access the extras.

Overall it is great software. The change over to WorkWave Payments has been rocky to say the least. Several accounts did not update or Credit Card numbers were lost causing huge delays in our billing and customer dissatisfaction. I feel it is a bit expensive at 4% and I think that should have been made clear upfront.

Pros

Easy to get started on, basic functions are very user friendly.

Cons

It is difficult to figure out and then "remember" how to do out of the norm tasks like run certain reports, add users, adjust settings and identify the different functions available.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

It is the industry standard.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Joshua - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you had issues with Payments, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team. Have a great day!

Guy from Superior Spray Service

Excellent

Over the last few years we have grown and this software has been instrumental in doing so. we haven't even scratched the surface as far as what its capable of. There are components we still need to grown into.

Pros

Ease of use. Common sense applications. Room to grow into as our company grows. EXCELLENT tech and customer support

Cons

It seem to crash the android phones when taking pictures. id like to see the app on my end have more features. Id like the techs to be able to lock appointments. We use the WDO module, but wish we could do service agreements in app

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Guy - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Tammy from Lady Liberty Pest Control

Work Wave

I have been with WorkWave (PestPac) for about 15 years. It has worked very well for me and my company.

Pros

I love the fact that it takes care of the scheduling, accounting and storage of customer accounts.

Cons

I hate the new mapping program. Google maps worked so much better. When the transition was made....I lost my pins on my of my hard to find client's homes. I spent 2 hours yesterday on back roads trying to locate the property that should have been easy, since I had it pinned. I was not and am not happy for so much wasted time, gas and energy.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

I was familiar with PestPac. I used it while employed at Truly Nolen.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Tammy - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Jessica from Allure Pest Management

Excellent Customer Service

I really enjoy using PestPac. And my customers seem to like what they have to offer as well. Though we are a very small company, using PestPac makes us feel like we are a huge company. Every interaction I've had with staff has always been positive and everyone is very helpful.

Pros

-Amazing customer service, everyone is so great! -Fantastic on boarding specialists to guide you through PestPacs program when you are first starting out. -Constantly offering education and training

Cons

-Notifications- when giving out call notifications the system gives a very loud beep and I wish that would get fixed. I try to encourage most of my customers to let me text them their notifications instead so they don't have to listen to the beep. -PestPac is located on the east coast, I'm on the west coast, so if I need customer support later in the day, I have to wait until the next work day. And they don't have customer support on weekends. -Visual Route Manager- I want to like the VRM but I feel like it doesn't help me much with optimization. But I'm sure it's just my user error.

Dara from Newport Exterminating

So glad we switched!

Pros

Very easy to use and to teach new employees - can lock them out of certain areas until they are ready. Also like the ease at which I can find info and pull data from the software. it's very organized and at your fingertips (using your keyboard of course). Love that so much in integrated with PestPac such as our GPS system. Looking at the phone system now - Voice for pest - VERY excited about that.

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment. Sometimes I want to know more of how the Company and Printer setups effect things down the road and since we started with PestPac, haven't really had time to go back and take a look. Maybe a tune-up webinar would be helpful

Jolene from Superior Pest Management

Pros

That is works across the board with all aspects of our business from handling customer accounts, scheduling accounting.

Cons

sometimes it is the software can be too over whelming with many options, A lot of updated of recent which is a lot of changes to learn for a small company when managing all aspects. The handheld device is not user friendly and difficult to navigate. The new CCA portal our customers are not happy with it they also stated it is not user friendly it may be the change that they need to get use to but they don't like the flow of navigating it.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Jolene - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Jennifer from Larue Pest Management

PestPac - How we feel after using for 3 years...

Personally I love PestPac. It's frustrating at times, but I feel that I know what the software can and can't do. For example, the Dashboard just doesn't work for us. I want to know how many cancels I have per month - true cancels - but the Dashboard will tell me how many deletes, how many deactivates, etc. I just want to know my losses - so I have to pull separate reports that I put in Excel to create my own accurate dashboard. I feel comfortable using PestPac and know what it's limitations are - and I know how to compensate for them - However, the inability to bill monthly is killing us. If this is not something that PestPac can fix quickly I'm afraid we will be looking at switching software.

Pros

I like that I can do everything from send out estimates/leads to see my customer calls pop up on my screen, to hitting three buttons to run renewals. I like that I can get almost any data I need. I like that the customer support teams is very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. PestPac offers a single solution to run a pest control and lawn care business. I like the levels of permission as a manager that I can give to my staff. I LOVE the task feature and the call features. I love that lead management is integrated with the set up and I don't have to enter information twice. I love the service set-up report. I love the collections module and the way it helps me track customers that are over 120 days past due and is integrated directly with ARM.

Cons

The main reason we are even considering switching from PestPac is because I cannot bill on a subscription basis from the account. Meaning, if I set up 2 payment plans - because my customer has 2 different services with my company (ie. pest and lawn) that when on autobill it charges my customers twice. This is a nightmare!! We have lost customers because they don't understand why we can't give them one monthly price and bill them 1 time per month. I want PestPac to be able to look at the bill to account and allow me to set up a payment plan based on ALL their services - and then only charge the credit card once per month for ALL services. I've had to create a fake service called monthly billing to try and do just that- however this messes up ALl our numbers. It makes it look like we have way more revenue than we actually do. PestPac also has soooooo many different options that I never know exactly how to do something. It seems to take 50 steps to get something done. Reports never seems to give consistent data. I run a report for January numbers and it's different every time I run it. If you all would fix the bill to - it would be a no brainer and we would happily stay- even with the other set backs - but this is kind of a deal breaker for us.

Lawrence from Kingsway Inspections

Better than what is available from others, but technologically outdated user experience.

Better than alternatives, but average user experience overall.

Pros

We are a startup pest control company in California and have used PestPac for two years. It is web-based, so a totally familiar browser based experience. Good support form sales reps. Regular software updates. The company was founded as Marathon Data Systems, rebranded a few years ago as Workwave and was recently bought by a European investment group called IFS. The company serves a variety of field service companies including pest control.

Cons

>One of the most expensive solutions with relatively very high base rate and monthly per-user fees compared to similar alternatives. >Outdated interface that significantly limits how quickly our staff can work with software. For example, there is no use of pre-fetching data, batch uploads, continuous backup, data validation, etc. Data moving between your computer and the AWS server has periods of noticeable lag even with high speed internet access. Data moving to and from your device and server are limited to one operation at a time. >The parts of the software staff see are not intuitive and difficult to use. Although parts of the software see regular updates, these updates seem aimed mainly at larger accounts with more advanced customer relationship systems. The data entry screens, state forms, reports, etc., have not seen any meaningful updates in years. > There are numerous bugs in the online system that have persisted the whole time we've used Pestpac. Some things are given attention, others never make it. Many of the support requests on their product forums remain unaddressed for months or years. > The company seems to spread itself thin by focusing on on sales to several kinds of small field service based businesses. The quality of the user experience with PestPac is lacking, and probably similar to others' experience.

September 2014

Richard from Gecko Pest control

2.5

September 2014

Learning curve much too steep; not able to print on plain paper

Pros

I do admit that chat support has always seemed helpful. I think with how complicated the program is to use, it's necessary.

Cons

I purchased the software for a startup company. I own a very large service company in another industry and was very familar with service industry software. I wanted a product that was specific for pest control because of the use reporting of chemicals. I also needed a program that would handle auto payments by credit card and checks. Pestpac does both of these,but it is too awkward to use. Every step, from putting in a new customer to scheduling a service time, took too much effort. The program has a back end that is run by lookup tables. Every aspect of the software has to be programmed through these lookup tables before the software can be used. For example, let's say you want to put a chemical in the lookup table. First, you do the basics, like name, epa number, active ingredient. Then you need to define how you want to report the ready-to-use amount. The problem is that you first have to go to another lookup table and define that a gallon is indeed a gallon. And need to do this for everything. If you put out rodent bait, you need to define a block as a block before you can add this product to your lookup table. After I spent 10 hours watching videos on how to set up some lookup tables, I tried to put a customer in the system. I had a customer that had a one-time service for indoor fleas. I put the info in and went to print an invoice, and it was just random information on a piece of paper. No lines, no format; just random info. I called PestPac to find out how to print a formatted invoice and was told that I need to purchase forms from them to do it. So what you need to do is purchase all the forms you may need from marathon. These would include service tickets, invoices, contracts, and billing statements. Then depending on the form you need to print just load that form in the printer each time you would need to print one. Sounds easy right? Does this make sense to you? I did get a call from Marathon Data Systems about this issue, and there is a workaround. They have a module for printing on plain paper, but it costs extra.

Annette from Taylor'D Pest Services

Learning the ropes

I am learning the billing portion. It has been difficult but the call center has been a tremendous help to me! I look forward to working with WorkWave PestPac in the future.

Pros

I like the ease of the entering customers. I was able to select what was needed for our company. I am new to the industry and I was using the program part time until recently. I am now a full time user and the program is starting to make since to me.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the software is there are too many options for setup. Being new to the industry, it was a little overwhelming. As our company grows, I'm sure we will utilize more options in the near future.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

Owner/Technician had previous experience with PestPac.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Annette - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Alegra from BUG PRO

Pest Pac is Awesome

Pros

I like the ease of use. If you are switching from another software it may seem overwhelming just because it has so many features. It is amazing when you get the hang of it.

Cons

There are many features and at first it is overwhelming.

Response from WorkWave

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the review, Alegra!

Laura from Accurate Pest Control

Industry: Chemicals

Accurate Pest Control

We are able to do provide professional looking work orders, invoices and statements. When we run into issues, the WorkWave team actively works on figuring out our issues and are very patient.

Pros

*Different ways to search for customers. *Ability to print a variety of reports. *Can move appointments easily with the appointment calendar. *Mass emailing (notifications, renewals, letters).

Cons

The "auto" populate. When we are trying to change information, we have to delete the information for the "list" to pop up to be able to select new information.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Donna from Rest Easy Pest Control

PestPac for the win

PestPac has some great features and amazing customer service. Being able to get someone on the phone immediately for help is a big plus. We're definitely not going anywhere soon!

Pros

PestPac has some GREAT features. As the head of Accounts Receivable, PestPac's billing features make the program SO easy to use. Credit Card functionality is fast, easy and reliable. It makes creating invoices, sending invoices and emailing statements virtually seamless.

Cons

It would be great to see all stops for all technicians on ONE MAP. If we could somehow see them all on ONE MAP we would then be able to group stops for technicians without any overlap.

Honest Review

PestPac is not terribly hard to use but it does take awhile to get used to. Most of the time when you call in for help you get a very friendly and knowledgeable rep who can walk you through how to do exactly what you need. Not always but most of the time.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that there are several different options for using it. We can route our techs with it, created service orders, take payment and more all in one place instead of using multiple different software applications.

Cons

What I like the least about the software is that every time they have an update it completely changes how other processes work.

Dorothy from Armor Pest Control

I really like pest pac!

I've used several pest routing software systems, and Pest Pac is by far the best. I love the fact that all users can access the information, and the tutorials are extremely helpful. The fact that I can utilize the tutorials when I need them, on my schedule, is awesome. I recommend pest pac all the time.

Pros

It is super easy to use. It has a lot of features in house, as well as mobile functionality out in the field too.

Cons

Sometimes I have to leave a message for their support team when I have a question, but they always get back with me normally by the end of the day.

Becky from Rentokil North America Inc., dba Border Pest Control

The one and only Software

We have been able to route our customers using PestPac routing features and Visual Route Manager to make the technician's route run as smooth as possible and save time from zig-zagging across town.

Pros

There is not one thing I like the most. There are so many aspects of this software that help run my office. Each person has their own way of using a different tool and in the end, the outcome is the same.

Cons

The call ahead notifications voice can be difficult to understand for some customers especially the women's voice.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Becky - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Stephen from Billiot Pest Control

Pestpac helps manage your customers and your routes

Overall, our experience with Pestpac has been pleasant. Their support staff are quick to answer your questions and account issues,

Pros

Pestpac has a very user friendly interface that makes managing your customer services and scheduling a breeze. Pestpac's advanced search mode makes locating even the most obscure of customer addresses a very manageable task.

Cons

Sometimes following and identifying balances and payments on merged accounts can be somewhat confusing.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Stephen - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Joanna from M Exterminators

Industry: Environmental Services

Don’t waste your time or money.

I would NEVER recommend anyone to use this system - mostly for its archaic system/functionality but without a doubt for the terrible customer service. I have never known a company that has a customer unhappy with the product after trying it that wasn’t happy to refund their money for the reminding contract. Feels like a Bait and Switch and I’m stuck paying for a system I don’t use every month.

Pros

The system has the functionality to drill down to unit numbers and track service by apartment level. As we service apartment complexes, this was a major selling point when we signed up. (Con: Mind you that this was an additional charge). The other pro is that the system tracks your materials so when you go to do your reporting at the end of the month it is pretty seamless. These are the ONLY pros.

Cons

NOT USER FRIENDLY! The system is not with the times. You have to set up the backend of the system completely before you even start using the system. You have 6-8 weeks of training to help with this process, but during this training is when you find out everything they didn’t explain to you during the demo/sales process. I was very clear that we needed a system to bill multiple recurring services per month and I was told the system could do that. When I was already signed up and going through the training, I was told they had to build a special work around for this that I would need to do EVERY time this would happen (therefore for a majority of my clients). Meaning more work for me and my office staff. The customer service is HORRIBLE (with the exception of the trainer who tried to help but because the system couldn’t do things simply and what I needed then to do and he couldn’t fix that). During the training process, I explained that this was not the same system I was sold - it was way to complicated to produce simple tasks and did not do what I was promised, and I requested a refund. I was rudely spoken to by my sales guy, and told this was the number one product in the industry and this was MY problem not the company’s and it was non-negotiable to get out of the contract. He also sold me a ton of add-on’s that you aren’t even allowed to use right away because the system needs to be properly set up, so after the 6-8 weeks you can start using the different add-one.

Response from WorkWave

Replied June 2019

Hi Joanna - We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as we look to continually grow and improve our products and processes. Being able to meet our customers' needs is one of our top priorities and we are sorry that our solution and customer service did not satisfy your expectations. We will be reviewing this issue with our team.

Nathan from X-Pests

The Problem with terrible software and bad customer service to back it up

My companies overall experience with PestPac is horrific to say the least, i am after 3 years finally writing a review about the poor customer service and poor quality of the software. This company has finally lost me as a client which i know they dont care. All i care about is that someone out there gets this information before they sign up with the devil and it save them some well needed brain cells. Go with Pest Routes or Evolve, my company is making the switch and so should you!

Pros

Familiar with the product, it is reliably terrible around nearly every corner you can expect to have some kind of an issue that the software can not function with, does not do, or you have to pay thousands of dollars to solve.

Cons

functionality, the system is difficult to use even after 3+ years of working with the software you still dont fully understand how to operate it. You need to be a computer programmer in order to run anything. Has zero flexibility when creating customer accounts. There are so many cons to list we could be here all day. Bottom line is its not about the money it takes to run the software is about the time and hassle that costs money to operate this junk software.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

Because i was familiar with the technician operating side of the software from working with a prior company.

Response from WorkWave

Replied November 2019

Hi Nathan We are sorry to hear about your experience with our solution. We really appreciate your valuable feedback as it is very helpful for us as we continually look to grow and improve. We will be reviewing this feedback with our larger team.

David from Smithereen Pest Mgt

Industry: Public Safety

Best in the business

Great! We use it for everything from billing, to service, to reporting, routing, and GPS.

Pros

PestPac offers all the features that we need to run our business and it happens in 1 program. That means 1 program to train on and 1 program to administer.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

They offered everything we needed without having to use multiple platforms.

Response from WorkWave

Replied November 2019

Hi David - Thanks for the positive review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software.

Eric from Assurance Pest Solutions

5+ year user

Keeping the schedules tight and effecient Keeping the technicians on time through routing

Pros

Once the software is up and running, it is very easy to use. Keeping track of appointments, looking up past services from the road and seeing what was done last before you walk into a customers home.

Cons

Setup I think the list of products that is used by our industry should be already inside the core of the program.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Eric - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and really appreciate the valuable feedback.

SABRINA from Sentinel Pest Control Inc.

User Friendly Software

We love the electronic logbooks. And our customers are very happy with them as well. We service a lot of audited facilities that require well kept logbooks and this really helps us deliver that.

Pros

It's in an all in one software. Eliminates the need for scanners, and the same software can be used for electronic logbooks and invoicing.

Cons

There are some things that cannot be customized. Little things like the invoices are not easily customized.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Sabrina - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Andrew from Dirks Pest Management Specialist

Very helpful tool

PestPac has really revolutionized the way we have interacted with customers and completes orders/reports. There is definitely room for improvement, but I highly recommend it.

Pros

It streamlines reports and the ease of running CC's and emailing/notifying clients. I like the ability to save favorites that I use personally.

Cons

Seems to have periodical connection issues causing me to have to log out to update. Used to he able to swipe between open orders for the day, but you have to back out and scroll up/down instead.

Ben from Axiom

This software is archaic and does NOT work. They support is terrible.

RUN! There are software that you can customize for pest control for less money than this software. They nickel and dime you for each feature. The reports aren't accurate. There is no way to find an accurate report on attrition or growth because they don't know how to program correctly. To run a business of any size on this software is a mistake because you'll never know for certainty what your profitability is and will simply have to guess. I was accustomed for 7 years and they are terrible at addressing concerns that are their fault. Unfortunately, they are The Who's who in pest software, but save yourself some time and headache... look elsewhere and have someone program a crm from another software platform specific to your company. You will spend the same amount of money from lost revenue and customers using this software, but will have something that actually works. All they do is market to upsell features that don't work. Terrible company and terrible software.

Pros

It supposedly has lots of features. However, support guides you to set them up incorrectly because the software is designed for pest control based on 30 year old practices, not modern day business.

Cons

Everything. The reports aren't accurate. The customer support doesn't give proper guidance to fix problems with their software. They don't even understand how the software is programmed, so when there is an issue... they tell you to do something as a workaround that causes more problems. Do yourself a favor and run away! As fast as you can.

David from Smithereen Pest Mgt

Industry: Public Safety

Best in the business

Pest control service can be particular with various regulations and scheduling needs and particular documentation. PestPac covers it all!

Pros

It covers all aspects of running a pest control business. The features focus on a pest control provider's needs ranging from payroll to conducive conditions to collections to GPS. The end product gives customers a professional touch and a quality that is second to none.

Cons

Call aheads and routing can be complicated and would be better with more automation.

Dawn from McCloud's Pest & Lawn

Your Technical support team is the best!

The support team is great, always helpful and friendly.

Pros

Ease of use and of course the excellent technical support.

Cons

Flexablity to go paperless in our lawncare division.

Reasons for Choosing PestPac

At the time PestPac was one of the few software taylor made for the pest control industry. We have been on PestPac since the late 90's so I do not remember what other companies we looked at.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Dawn - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Nicole from Bug Busters, Inc.

Administrator review

PestPac gives me a lot of reporting options and, for the most part, is user friendly after using it and familiarizing myself with all the available options.

Pros

I work from home, so I like the fact that PestPac is internet driven. Since I'm the administrator, I can correct/address any issues that my employees have in real time.

Cons

It's VERY expensive! Also, the sales department is not very flexible. For example, we thought we wanted to use the VRM routing module until I looked at it in depth and realized that it is a lot of extra work to implement especially since our location is rural. The sales rep is not very understanding and doesn't want to postpone our implementation. This is our business and we are going to make the decisions for what's best for our company even if that means using a different software.

Leslie from AnyPest

WorkWave/PestPac

Customers love the portal so that they have access at any time. My team loves the ease of flow of the process.

Pros

The interface is simple and concise to use. The robust programming allows you to really customize the interface to your needs. Support is great, trainings are easy to access, follow and review. They listen and take note of the needs of their customers.

Cons

Graphing, and ease of changing contracts in lead management, adding pictures to lead management agreements

Jon from Kaiser Pest Control Plus Inc

Easy and full of options

Our experience with WorkWave PestPac has been great through the years. The PestPac has grown but never stopped taking care of the little companies like ours our. They listen to what our needs are.

Pros

You can make changes to fit your needs and what works for you and your company. It is full of options yet reasonably priced. Very user friendly and great support team.

Cons

We have no complaint. We have been pleased with PestPac.

Response from WorkWave

Replied January 2020

Hi Jon - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software.