ServiceTitan Reviews

4.56 / 5 (153) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 97 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Love everything about this program. It has everything I need to build a call and send to specific employees. It allows me to help keep track of what I’ve done on each job "

• "I love how easy my follow up tab is and all of the ways that I can sort through customers and jobs. "

• "I like this software as it helps tremendously with the many logistical aspects of our quality organization"

• Cons

• "The cost is a bit high, but a necessary evil. Reasonable value for the price. Constantly evolving so this makes a up a bit for the price"

• "I wish it was more Sales friendly for the salesmen at my company and measuring their numbers. But as the name states, Service Titan is great for that all on the service/install end. "

• "A few quirks if you're not using Google Chrome. Sometimes a little problem "meshing" with Quickbooks - but usually pretty easily worked out."

Browse ServiceTitan Reviews

Marlin from Marlin James Inc.

Best in the biz

It’s allowed us to be effective with every workflow, from taking calls to following up on jobs.

Pros

Feature set and workflows are the best in the industry. Support is top notch. Software is reliable. The pages just load in a snap unlike our last software.

Cons

Like any software change, it was a learning curve. But our success team helps us use the software efficiently and answer any questions we have.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

Reliability and responsiveness of the software. ServiceTitan wins hands down.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied May 2019

Thank you for taking time to review ServiceTitan and for being a customer. We built ServiceTitan to help contractors like you run their business more successfully. We look forward to celebrating all of your future successes.

Darius from AMS Fireplace

Excellent Field Management for an affordable price

No software solution is going to be perfect or completely handle everything you need (not without major cost at least!) Overall ServiceTitan handles everything we need and provides accurate accounting as well.

Pros

ServiceTitan excels really well at providing technicians in the field with tools they need to estimate, sell and install/repair for residential customers. The mobile app is beautiful and easy to use. I love how technicians can create quick quotes from estimate templates, show pictures and pricing, good/better/best options and financing and even take payments and signatures on the go. You can even create custom forms such as troubleshooting and job arrival/completion forms.

Cons

ServiceTitan is not the best solution for commercial business. Creating quotes from the office is still not efficient, could be done differently. Multi-day jobs are confusing to figure out.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

ServiceTitan provided the main core functions we needed at a reasonable price. Also, the software is well-designed, intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, we could see that ServiceTitan has a strong passion and commitment to growth. Every month they have new improvements and they continue to raise investor funding. I'm excited to see where ServiceTitan can go!

Sylvette from Cardwell HVAC

Industry: Environmental Services

Poor Support

Implementation specialist was helpful and responsive.

Pros

The software has many features. Dashboard capabilities.

Cons

Product is overly expensive. The features are not part of the training upon implementation. Many are found during daily usage as one explores the software and stumbles upon them. Chat support continues to timeout with no option to call in; just email or chat.

Owner selected.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied May 2020

Hi Sylvette, Thank you for your feedback. Feedback really helps us improve our business. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We have shared your feedback with our implementation and support our team.

Spencer from Paul's Plumbing and Heating, Inc.

I was told that we we need to revise our business model. WHAT?!

Stay away if you are a person who values customer service and being treated with respect. After all you pay their wages.

Pros

Lots of features. Some Useless, some not. I can see how the features would work for other companies but for us we ended up turning off a good amount of them as they added a lot of unnecessary steps. They do have good invoicing and job scheduling.

Cons

The reason I even decided to write this review (I never write reviews) is because we had subscribed to the Service Titan software and had a pretty good time using it. It seemed to really help us. We got on board with them about a year after they started up. So they were able to work out some bugs in their software and make it at least sustainable. However, they started to do update after update after update. With these updates we got thrown into their "beta testing" without even getting our consent first. We were doing something one way and then they would introduce a new "feature" and it would completely derail our entire process and we would have to start from square one. This happened repeatedly. My second issue with this company is that the designate each company that subscribes to their service what they call a "Success Manager". Which is cool and all but when the success manager knows less about their own software then you do, that's a problem to me. On top of that, the Success Managers we were assigned were rude. The first one was so rude that I requested another because I thought that every time I would talk to this person I would lose my freaking temper and say things that shouldn't be said. So now we get a second Success Manager, which we thought was going to make everything better. Nope. We get this new Success Manager and I mention to her that we have been having an issue with our payroll being reported correctly through Service Titan and we had to do our payroll calculations through an outside software, which wasn't a big deal, it was just an extra step we were trying to avoid. After emailing back and forth and being on phone calls multiple times trying to figure out something that is incredibly simple but they couldn't seem to get their software to do the math, I receive one final phone call. The Success Manager states that she has the answer and all of our payroll problems were solved. Definitely not. She brought us down the completely wrong path and when I told her that isn't what we were trying to do we wanted it done a different way, if possible, her response is, "Well typically companies don't operate their business that way so maybe you should consider restructuring your business model." WHAT?!?! are you kidding me? We have been in business for 60 years and you are going to tell me that because YOU can't figure something out, something that is beyond simple math wise you just have to tell the software to do it for us, that we have to reevaluate our entire business model??? The least she could have done is said something like, "I don't believe our software will do that but let me see what I can do." At least that would have shown some promise. That is just the tip of the iceberg but after the multitude of issues we have had with them trying to figure out minor problems and being told, "too bad so sad", I had to write a review. I don't want anyone else to experience what we experienced. We are paying for their wages and they continuously seem like they are trying to get us to cancel. I may be difficult at times and I am completely aware of that, but for things like that to be said regardless of how difficult anyone may be is absolutely ridiculous.

Haley from Carbon Valley Heating and Air

Great product - not right for us.

Overall, it is a great program and has a lot of functionality that is beneficial. For our company, it came down to the cost and amenities we were receiving for that cost. Support lacked (when we used the software) and we ran into issues a lot without feeling like we had the support to help us resolve the issues. Between this and cost - it drove us to find another software platform.

Pros

I loved the capabilities ServiceTitan gave us for communicating with customers, the ease of scheduling and dispatching, tracking of maintenance agreements, etc. Overall usage was great. The cost is significant for what you get, in my opinion. They do not typically take smaller companies as they are "not the right fit." We ended up transitioning to another platform that had almost all the same capabilities for a fraction of the cost. With getting basically all the same amenities, it was worth it in a cost aspect.

Cons

Before starting with ServiceTitan, it was as if you couldn't get them to leave you alone, but after starting with them at times it was difficult to even get a hold of someone for anything. Our support member would get changed on us and we wouldn't even know - so we would be trying to contact no one basically. It has been a while since we used this software so I don't know if this has changed, but at the time this was very frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

At the time, it seemed the best fitting for our company and was recommended to us by another contractor.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied March 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We love hearing from our customers. Our mission is to provide cutting edge tools for the trades that are both easy to use and dramatically improve your operations. While we might have not been the right software for you at this time, we're happy to hear that you loved ServiceTitan. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Erin from W.E. Brown

It's Ok

I think it is ok so far, lots of new things I am learning but it is ok.

Pros

It's easy to do certain things on there but I feel it's easy to maneuver if you are a dispatcher, being a preventive maintenance coordinator it has it's flaws.

Cons

I don't like the recurring service task because it doesn't have a lot of information. You have to dig deeper in a account to make sure we have the right information.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied February 2020

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Jennifer from W.E Brown

I love Service Titan!

I think they are great people and always looking for ways to improve on their functions!

Pros

Cons

The maintenance side of things is super confusing and not easily sorted. It makes my co-worker's job really hard.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied February 2020

Hi Jennifer, Thanks so much for taking time to review us and providing us with feedback. We love hearing from our customers! We're thrilled you found ServiceTitan useful and easy to use. Your feedback is essential in helping us improve our service and look forward to continuing to serve you with the best solution available!

Risa from Evergreen Plumbing and Heating

Easy to use, great product

I used ServiceTitan to dispatch technicians, keep projects in order, hold all customer inquiries, and to generally help run the office. It was a great change from the software we were using previously to complete all these tasks.

Pros

This software is so easy to learn and teach. The interface is very user friendly, properly labeled, and easy on the eyes. There isn't a lot of unnecessary buttons or icons that can confuse, which would make learning it that much harder.

Cons

I didn't have many cons when using this software, but if I had to pick one, I would say that changing the sizing of the fonts, boxes, etc. was not as easy as I would hope. It has a large font, which many people prefer, but because I run multiple programs at a time I need small, space saving fonts. Other than that, it was great.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied March 2020

Hi Risa, thank you so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We look forward to celebrating your continued success together

Elainy from E & D Home & Office Cleaning Services

Great business platform

My overall experience was great and I am a returning customer I am signing back up to the platform to utilize the program it offers for my business

Pros

This platform is one of a few that will help you maintain track of your business, work, financial services etc I only tried the free trial but I am most definitely returning to the platform this month it is one of the best I have used.

Cons

There are no cons in this platform this is the best way to do everything and anything to maintain your business on track and to make it easier for you to set back and not have paper work hassles

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied March 2020

Hi Elainy, Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome review. We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution to help businesses like yours grow. Thank you for your support. We're excited to continue partnering with you and look forward to seeing the amazing results you'll achieve on ServiceTitan.

Ruben from Twin Home Experts

My overall experience with service titan was great I really enjoyed it

Pros

The software was very simple to use I could upload multiple pictures and present to my client at the same time which was great

Cons

It was during the beginning that it would freeze then kick me out of the program and at times I would have to reset my entire iPad

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. We've got lots of exciting releases planned for this year. Stay tuned! And we look forward to celebrating your continued success together

Angelia from Younique Products

Office Manager

I don't have a lot of negative things to say about Service Titan, our company as a whole has seen improvements at all levels. We are very happy that we made the jump to Service Titan and look forward to the additional releases.

Pros

We are a growing Plumbing & HVAC company and we were looking for solutions to be more in line with today's digital world. We love the call booking and dispatch notifications to customers. It allows customer's to know exactly when to expect their technician. Our CSR and Dispatch love the incoming call information for existing customer's that pre-populates for them, it allows us to give a personal touch when answering the phone and gives the customer a great experience. Our Service Manager loves the Dashboard and reporting, it allows him to see exactly where the technician's are at throughout the month and allows him to provide coaching when needed to help his teams reach goals. We recently starting using the timesheets within Service Titan as well - this has allowed us to manage our technician's time with ease and the technician's no longer have to try to remember where they were and at what time. There are so many features and we love the fact that Service Titan listens to their Customers/Users and are always working to improve their existing features and adding more features to make their user experience exceptional.

Cons

Follow-Up Section and Memberships need updating, but Service Titan has listened to their users are in the process of providing updates to these features. Payroll/Timesheets needs to be more versitle and needs customization, but again Service Titan is working on this as well.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied November 2018

Angelia, Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't be happier to hear about your success and all of the ways ServiceTitan has helped your business grow. We believe it's essential that the men and women of the trades have a cutting-edge platform built especially to help them run their businesses more effectively and connect better with their customers. Please keep providing your feedback. It helps us continue to evolve and keep pace with the amazing companies we serve.

June 2016

Jay from Kevin Cohen Plumbing, Inc.

June 2016

Service Titan Rocks!

Service Titan has enabled us to grow in ways we didn't know were possible. With data tracking, a better selling platform, more efficient call booking, and a very easy to use system, we couldn't be happier. Please understand that in the process of selecting Service Titan we painstakingly researched a multitude of different options. Hands down this is the most versatile and productive option. But the best part...the Service Titan staff. I have never had the opportunity to work with a service provider that was absolutely at the top of their game every time I made contact with them. Until now. From their sales staff on down to tech support everyone has been impeccably perfect in the service they have provided. The way they manage our account is fantastic. They departmentalize every aspect of the Service Titan experience to ensure that you will be dealing with the person that has the answers and can make it happen. Do you want to know how to grow your business? Use the Service Titan business model as your example of perfection. With service like theirs you will gain all the customer you could ever dream of. We should all be this good.

Pros

Data tracking, phone call recording, dispatch efficiency, invoicing, and on and on. This product does so much for us it is hard to point out the "pros". They just keep impressing me every day!

Cons

This product does not do everything that we would like it to do. But in order to do that we would be spending an exuberant amount of money to have our own software developed. Also note that we are not your typical home service provider. We are a plumbing company that provides everything from minor repairs on up to plumbing a multi-million dollar high-rise project. And the things it doesn't do has just forced us to find better ways of doing things. Service Titan also works hard to develop their product based on customer feedback. We have been with Service Titan for a short time now and already two of my suggestions have been made a reality.

Kayla from Altman's Cooling and Heating

A Change to the Future

ServiceTitan has changed the game for us. It has set the bar high and the standards even higher. The on-boarding wasn't the easiest, but that was just because some people can not adapt to change very well. The software itself has helped not only increase our sales, but has allowed us to market and advertise even better by the capabilities of tracking. Things that you would not even think to run a report on are already there at your fingertips. Having the technicians able to run their day is an added bonus and an all around morale booster because they feel responsible and they do not feel like they have to be babysat anymore. The change from paper to tablet has been an amazing added bonus because people right now are advanced with the technology, they want to be able to do everything on their phone, and ServiceTitan allows that. Notifications and reminders alone have been great and have allowed almost a 80% increase in customers actually being home and remembering their appointments. This software is absolutely amazing when it comes to memberships! Tracking, reporting, reminding, and even renewing memberships is a complete game changer with this software. All in all, we have come to the conclusion that if you are not on ServiceTitan, you are really missing out.

Pros

The technology, it will completely set you aside from the rest of the industry. Sending out Bio's, pictures, and the capabilities to track who is coming to your home and when straight from your fingertips is the best satisfaction return from our customers.

Cons

Is this even a question? I think our only complaint is little things that at the end of the day comes down to workflow ways and not so much on ServiceTitan.

Laurie from DANIEL CORDOVA PLUMBING, INC

December 2015

Hands down an amazing product with an amazing support staff!

Pros

As a plumbing service company, this product covers everything you need to implement a high quality, fully functioning, well rounded service company. The tracking and reporting of every detail is impecable, and they are always making things better. When tracking is so easy, figuring out what works and what doesn't work becomes easier too and profits can begin to soar! The ease of use and functionality of this product and its support staff is second to none!

Cons

Just as with any cloud based system, the thought of down time is always a bit scary, but even this, they have sheltered pretty dang well! In the 2 years we have used ST, it has only "gone down" maybe 2-3 times, but never for more than about 30 minutes. They recently launched an app s well, that allows field techs to work offline, so they definitely have their bases covered, even under the scary uncertainty of all cloud based systems.

Bernadette from Reliable Tech Heating Cooling and Plumbing

Customer Service needs Improvement

Overall it is too expensive for the quality of customer service.

Pros

Service Titan is good for a lot of reasons one of them being call tracking for marketing purposes, call recording for checking our own staff customer service and for recall. Service Titan syncs with outside software like gps tracking and accounting. It is a good software.

Cons

The cons with Service Titan are that they don't have a quick response time for customer service the best way is through a chat but not as efficient as they could be.

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

At the time our office manager chose it

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied January 2020

Thank you Bernadette for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on building an amazing software that helps our customers better manage their business operations. That being said, we are constantly working hard to improve our services and offerings. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to have you on board. Please do reach out to your success rep if there's anything we can do to be of help.

Maria from Aire Serv of Pasadena

ST for All Contractors

ServiceTitan is extremely easy to use. All processes are designed to get things done quickly. And you can use the system from anywhere.

Pros

I love that the engineers of the software are constantly changing it to better the software. Then there is a notification of what has changed and how it will benefit the user moving forward.

Cons

This is a simi-difficult questions. There's not a lot to dislike about the software, changes occur so frequently that most users are able to adapt to the new of the software and forget about what was bad. I personally feel that ST engineers take the feedback left on their community page and work to improve the flaws that users point out.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied October 2019

Maria, Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome review. We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution for contractors. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to continue partnering with you.

Jay from CanCorp

The Central Nervous System for your HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical Contracting Business

Even though my experience with ServiecTitan was brief, I have nothing but great regards for the platform.

Pros

I love the mere fact that ServiceTitan is truly the alpha / omega for software that serves as the backbone for the technologically under served home services industry!

Cons

Complexity and commercial model. The software is extremely complex and ServiceTitan does a phenomenal job of flying their onboarding staff onsite or inviting new clients to the local HQ (either Glendale, CA or Atlanta) for implementation. I firmly believe in this 4th Industrial Revolution that there will be a job title ServiceTitan Administrator that will be held in high reverence. The software is unbelievably expensive to a majority of the market. Typically the commercial model comes across as offensive and stakeholders have to realize that ServiceTitan is an investment and data shows "Average 27% revenue increase in the first 9 months".

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied December 2019

Thank you, Jay, for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We're happy to hear that ServiceTitan has helped your business. We've been working hard to build an amazing software for our customers and we are thrilled you think so, too. Thank you for sharing your experience. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Dawn from McCullough Heating and Air Conditioning

Surpassed our revenue goals

We surpassed our company-wide revenue goals in the third quarter of this year. I truly believe that we would not have been able to do this without ServiceTitan. We are able to provide better service to our customers. Phone integration puts the customer's information and service history at our fingertips. Booking confirmation and automatic appointment reminders free upMobile Dispatching allows customers to track the arrival of their technicians. Greensky financing and a good, better, best pricing is helping our technicians sell more in the field. We are better able to manage our maintenance contracts. What's not to love?

Pros

Ease of use, Dashboard Revenue Tracking, Multi-tasking, Customer Experience, ServiceTitan is constantly working to improve and develop the platform. The technical support in resolving issues is easy, fast and responsive.

Cons

Batching and exporting invoices and payments to Quickbooks is cumbersome at best. I wish reporting were more clear and flexible. Even with custom reporting, we sometimes have to run multiple reports to get the information we need.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied November 2018

Dawn, Thanks for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We love hearing stories like yours, about how ServiceTitan has helped your business grow and has made your life easier. It's what motivates all 400+ of us to strive each day to keep improving and to be as extraordinary as the companies who rely on ServiceTitan.

Shilleah from SMW Refrigeration & Heating, Llc

Great for Our Technicians and Dispatch Board, but Expensive!

It's a great product. My telemarketers call customers and book appts within Service Titan, and also our customers receive text confirmations for appointments which I love too. Our technicians are able to dispatch within Service Titan and also customers can text and interact with the technician, which has been a great tool for live feedback from customers. Overall, it's a great product, and very user friendly. Oh! Also, I love the Learning Academy available to our employees. Very informative.

Pros

It is very user friendly, the staff is always very fast to respond to my chat or emails and they really do their best to thoroughly take care of all my needs or concerns.

Cons

Maybe it's because we are a small business (less than 50 employees), but Service Titan is quite expensive in my opinion. We do have the full nine yards though, so perhaps there are more affordable options but with less features. I do wish we could have paid for it all at once, instead we had to pay up front but also have a monthly fee.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied May 2019

Shilleah, Thanks so much for taking time to review us. We love customer feedback! We're thrilled your techs and CSRs have found ServiceTitan useful and easy to use. We're always developing new features to keep ServiceTitan on the cutting edge and look forward to continuing to serve you with the best solution available!

No Ability to Track Contacts..only customers

Pros

Service Titan is really easy to use. And its cloud-based so our team can be running the business from anywhere in the world. Reporting and text alert to our customers are some of the best features.

Cons

Service Titan so not have the ability to track Contacts. Only customers. This is a flaw in the program in our opinion. We have had to keep our old dated CRM for this feature. And the price. You pay a premium for Service Titan. Lots and lots of features and benefits..but you pay for them.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We love that you find ServiceTitan so easy to use. You're right that to add in a contact's information, you'll create a new customer. The good news is that you're not required to book a job for this person at that time. This is great because if that contact ever calls back, you'll see who's calling with all of the information about that person. ServiceTitan also allows you to add custom fields to the customer page. These custom fields are searchable and can be added as a KPI through our reporting module. We hope this helps, but feel free to reach out to your success manager if you need any further information.

Michelle from Gary's Plumbing & Heating, LLC

December 2015

We LOVE Service Titan as a very busy/fast paced plumbing & heating co.

Pros

We really like that we are able to incorporate our flat rate book into the software and make updates anytime we need. We also really enjoy how easy it is to dispatch efficiently with the great mapping system. We save time and money knowing where our calls are located and based on emergency level we are able to efficiently dispatch our technicians to make it more efficient for our company but also make sure we are taking care of our customers.

Cons

I can't quite think of anything that we don't like about this product or vendor. I guess the only thing we have a problem with sometimes is that we would like it if we could edit tasks on an invoices after they have been batched. Not a huge problem though and they do have an adjustment invoice where technically you can make certain adjustments if needed.

Courtney from ASAP Drain Guys & Plumbing

Best Software Company!

Pros

With continuous feature updates and amazing customer service, ServiceTitan continues to impress us. Their user-friendly interface, makes everything from receiving calls to invoicing a customer super easy. Due to smoother dispatching and job tracking, our capacity to complete more jobs each day has increased significantly since switching to ServiceTitan. We have been able to stream-line so many or our processes which saves us lots of time and money. If you want your company to grow and be competitive in this industry, there is no question that you will switch to ServiceTitan.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about ServiceTitan. All ideas and updates that customers have for the system, ServiceTitan listens to and improves on.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied January 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use. We are grateful you decided to share your experience. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

A Titan in your business

Very good company with a strong commitment to the contractors.

Pros

This software was straight forward to install and implement. We had an implementation team that helped us stay on track while bringing the Service Titan features on stream. Many helpful reports and tracking features. Regular intuitive updates. Good support. They are Titans ready to help your business.

Cons

There is still so much potential to develop this program even further. I am impatient for their upgrades.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied May 2019

Thank you so much for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. We've got lots of exciting releases planned for this year. Stay tuned! And we look forward to celebrating your continued success together.

Adam from A1 Garage Door Service

Best Software for the Home Service Industry

Pros

The automation of work flows previously done by people in the office is amazing. I am continually trying to learn about new features so that we can continue to make our company more lean and make our investment in Service Titan that much more valuable. It truly is a world class software and there is nothing even close to it. Our company has had 4 CRMs in 6 years and we have found our long term home.

Cons

It revealed so many areas where we were lacking and that is uncomfortable to find out about your business. There were many new work flows that we needed to create but it really helped drive our business forward, increased our sales, and is allowing us to run a modern home service business.

Henry from Goettl Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Robust Software for the Plumbing/Building/HVAC industry.

Overall, the experience has been great. We haven't found better software to manage our day-to-day HVAC and Plumbing operations.

Pros

I use it everyday for a plethora of things. I manage the leads I'm working with, the quotes I've left for customers, work done in the past for a certain address. I manage the revenue I've generated for the day, week, month. I track which marketing campaigns are the most effective in bringing in more customers so that way I can invest more money into that stream.

Cons

Downtime, downtime, downtime. There seems to be a fair amount of routine maintenance. Secondly, sometimes the interface updates without notice and it takes time to adjust to the changes.

Best software we've found for our business

Overall we are so glad we found Service Titan two years ago. It has improved so much of our business and we can't believe we ever worked without it. The pace of innovation at ST is quick which makes us excited for even more improved features.

Pros

The modern design, full features, mobile app, and great customer service.

Cons

Reporting can be questionable and not adaptable to our business sometimes which means we end up tracking some things outside of Service Titan. Tutorials and training could be easier to access and use.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied November 2018

Congratulations on your success! We're delighted we've been able to play a role in this. We're proud of ServiceTitan, but never satisfied. We'll never stop innovating and improving, and it's shops like yours that make all of the hard work worthwhile.

Anthony from BEST Plumbing Service of Cincinnati

Separate yourself from your competition!

We have been on for a year now and there is no way we would go back. Set-up and transition were hard, but well worth it in the end.

Pros

The customer side of this software is a difference maker. The automated appointment reminder texts and emails, the text and emails sent when we dispatch, and the map for our customers to see real time arrival of our plumbers are incredible.

Cons

The only down side we have seen is that the reports and tracking in Service Titan are mainly geared towards a commission based pay system and we do not pay on commission. Even with that we have found ways to get the information we need.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied November 2018

Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. It's an honor to work with companies like yours that are paving the future for other contractors. We appreciate your partnership as we continue to adapt to find new opportunities for hard-working home service shops.

Hunter from Airplus

False Promises and Never Ending Issues

False Promises and lack of responsibility is probably the most accurate description I could give to service Titan. We started our implementation back in December and finally went live after a very long drawn out process in March. We have since had a never ending list of problems. The only options given to us at times is to message our success manager who seems way to busy to responding in a week or use technical support which also seems to be a waste because they can never fix anything and have to send it up to someone else who might reason back to you in a week and still have no solution. I feel like the product is only partial complete. We are experiencing issues like have entire calls not show up on our dispatch board after a feature was turned on. Even though these calls were booked and confirmed but the only way we find out we missed a call is when a customer calls mad that they waited all day for us but we have no idea. Other major data transition issues which I have had 3 full time employees try to fix some of the issues manually to try to stay in business because the response time on any of the data technicians is 1 week. Then to find out the data technicians will wipe out everything back to the stone ages again and again or just create some entirely new problem. Their so called data technician seem to not understand simple MySQL database calls in order to retrieve your data. I leaned how to export my data from MySQL watching free tutorials on YouTube. BTW I am an

Pros

I like the notion of better reporting. easier dispatch system, a new type of price book, call tracking

Cons

Never ending issues with getting any issues resolved. The implementation people just want to rush you in and out and avoid all the problems. The Success managers are too busy to fix any problems and you are stuck fending for yourself. At the same time dealing with angry customers.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied May 2020

Hi Hunter, We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback with our Implementation and Success our team. Feedback really helps us improve our business We're working hard to improve our offerings and deliver an overall better customer experience. We look forward to better serving you and helping your business, especially during these difficult times.

Jessica from Hurley & David, Inc.

Makes customer service a breeze!

Everyone in my office and in the field thinks ServiceTitan blows our previous software that we were on for 10 years out of the water! It's easy to use and easy to learn. I love how the software is easy to follow from incoming phone call to invoicing the job.

Pros

Service Titan has given us the ability to track ALL our interactions with a customer. Our old software made it very difficult to track phone calls that didn't result in a booked job. Now, anyone who answers the phone knows exactly what the customer has spoken about with us in the past. Even our techs in the field have all the info our office has!

Cons

I wish the accounting integration with Quickbooks was a little more seamless.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We love hearing how ServiceTitan helps our customers connect better with THEIR customers. We're guided by our mission to help home service companies more easily manage their business and be more successful and it's reviews like yours that motivates all 600+ of us to continue working tirelessly toward this goal.

David from Ostrom Electrical Plumbing Heating & Air

Industry: Utilities

Service Titan has changed the way we do business! Very easy to use and integrate into.

Easy way to track technician, department and company goals and progress. Mobile tablets in the field have given a professional and modern way to present options and collect payment for work completed.

Pros

Service Titan is constantly improving and updating features. If there is a problem they are fast to respond and get the issue resolved. The stay in touch through pop-ups and email reminders of what is changing. You can easily track the progress of each technician.

Cons

The reporting functionality needs improvement. It would be great if Service Titan had a custom report generator so you could pull the information you are looking for on the fly.

Taylor from Texas Air Doctors

Great for Service Industries

Pros

Been using ServiceTitan since 2016. Constant improvements, great customer support, and a vital part of our office running smoothly.

Cons

Batching invoices over to QB and sometimes issues with card swipers.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied January 2020

Thank you, Taylor, for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We're happy to hear that ServiceTitan has helped tremendously improve your organization's and it's a vital part of your operations. We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution for contractors. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to continue partnering with you.

Tim from Ace home services

Great service platform

This program has made life on the job so mich easier. I can’t remember the last time I had to fill out a paper on the job site

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the program seems to freeze. I’m not sure if it’s the program itself or the device but generally a simple close and reopen fixes this issue

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied December 2019

Tim, Thanks so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. It means so much to us. We love helping shops like yours go paperless and are excited to hear more about your continued success!

Service Titan

Five-stars. It is quite facilitative. We are pleased

Pros

Cons

I do not have dislikes with the software as it is sophisticated enough to handle our special niche needs

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We're happy to hear that ServiceTitan has helped tremendously improve your organization's efficiency. We've been working hard to build an amazing software for our customers and we are thrilled you think so, too. We are humbled you decided to share your experience. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

January 2016

Shannon from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Central Long Island

January 2016

Absolutely the best software out there!

Pros

There are so many features that I love about the product, I don't even know where to begin. Everything is extremely streamlined so that you have quick easy access to your customer information and history. The dispatching screen is very easy to read and manipulate. The mobile version allows your techs to dispatch themselves, update the invoices, collect the payment, run credit cards. Has really gotten my office so organized.

Cons

The only downside to technology is the wifi service. Sometimes there is trouble syncing data and you need to wait but Service Titan has even come up with a Mobile App now so that you can work from the App even if there is no wifi service. So they found a solution for that problem very quickly.

Tom from Just Right Heating and Cooling

Game Changer

After three years of stagnation, our company has grown dramatically since we started using Service Titan. It isn't the magic bullet that has propelled us to success, but it is an integral part of our overall strategy and our success formula.

Pros

Ease of use. New users can get up to speed in a few days instead of weeks like our previous software. Reporting. All the standard reports are vital to running our company, and now that they've created custom reporting we have deep insight into the important aspects of our business.

Cons

Setting up custom reports is the least intuitive part of the software. We usually have to have customer support help us do it... but that's not really a problem since they are super responsive and always willing to help.

Service Titan for small service company

Overall it is a decent experience so far. We are still working through the kinks and learning things, but so far it's been okay. I wish they would make a few changes that I'm sure they're getting through their chats with customers.

Pros

Their customer service help is great - you can email or chat with them almost instantly and they can access your account settings, permissions, etc. and help you figure out how to do things if you aren't sure. It has a lot of features that are nice to have in one place to eliminate the need for multiple softwares or programs to run your business.

Cons

Some of the invoicing is kind of clunky, it is not always clean and easy to read. If a customer happens to have multiple invoices, there is no way to send it as just one total, you have to send separate invoices, and the customer cannot pay just one grand total; they would have to pay multiple separate times - nobody wants to do that. They offer a texting feature so you can send out texts to your employees, and the program sends out automated texts to employees about their jobs, but there is no way to respond to those texts. That is very inconvenient and doesn't make much sense to me.

Ease of Use Wins

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is how easy it is to use in the field and office. This helps to make easy transitions on adding new features, as well as training new employees. If the software you use is too complicated, it will end up hurting your revenue. This is the opposite with ServiceTitan!

Cons

The thing I like least is because there are so many updates that are being made periodically, this causes malfunctions in the software, which makes it frustrating for our employees and technicians. While having updates are great, the downtime that these glitches cause, can make things very complicated.

Nick from Shanklin Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC

Opinion from an accounting professional

Service Titan has been a great solution for our company (HVAC 30 employees 5M). Reporting, accounting, and dispatching have all been simplified because of this software. The transition was a bit difficult at first but that was over in a week. Also, ST customer service has been phenomnal. I get on live chats all the time and most issues are resolved promptly.

Pros

The integration of payments in Service Titan and how easily it communicates with accounting software (Quickbooks).

Cons

All adjusting entries for AR have to be done in Service Titan. It was a pain at first but it makes sense. You want Service Titan and accouting software to be as close to one to one as possible.

Lola from Gladd HVAC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Overall Review

I enjoy using this software program. It is easy to navigate and easy to train our technicians on how to use the software. We also have the app on our work phones for this software and it works efficiently and has given us the opportunity to track and measure our technicians schedules. This is very crucial to our business because we need to stay on top of dispatch, arrival, and completion of our jobs. I have always had great success in communicating with the support team when I have questions or concerns. They are easy to reach and always very helpful when I need answers to questions.

Pros

Easy to navigate

Cons

Color scheme for specific technicians would be helpful if I could assign a color to each technician for scheduling purposes.

Tricia from Pipe Works Services, Inc- Tric

Service Titan is the way to go!

Overall, a great experience with Service Titan

Pros

Service Titan is so user friendly and simplistic to use, dispute all of the amazing information it provides, it is perfect for anyone no matter what their ability is with technology.

Henry from Goettl Air Conditioning

Useful in our HVAC & Plumbing Industry.

Pros

I've been using ServiceTitan for 1.5 years and counting. In my opinion, it is definitely a robust and aesthetic way of managing your technicians and tracking their productivity. Seems highly customizable in a lot of prompts as well.

Cons

I really can't name a con for the product. Only thing I can think of is sometimes ServiceTitan lags and that can hamper your operations momentarily.

Matt from Thornton & Grooms, Plumbing & HVAC

Game Changer...

Great experience - always helpful. The uptime is very reliable. ST allows my team to focus on the customer it’s very intuitive, logical and simple to use. It’s also a variable cost. As you add tech (rev producers) cost goes up. If you lose a guy you can turn off the cost. Easy, easy easy.

Pros

Service Titan (ST) allow your front like teams (tech, CSR & DSR) a super short learning curve. They are able to comfortably serve the customer with confidence in a few days instead of weeks. Good real time reporting & support.

Cons

There is some holes the reporting, especially projects. Inventory & inventory controls is a struggle right now but hopefully this being fixed soon. The bridge with quick books is a little clunky but we still get good overall financials.

Tersh from IceBound HVAC & Refrigeration

You Don’t Know What You Didn't Know Until You Know

Pleasurable.

Pros

The metric portion of the software allows you to pinpoint concerns with deadly accuracy. On the customer side of the software allows industry leading communication between the office and our clients. This is an extremely brief example of what we love most about the Service Titan software.

Cons

The extensive capabilities of the software could present an overwhelming feeling for the user initially. There are times, while performing certain tasks, that the work flow is not self explanatory and the user must research the proper procedure. If we’re forced to divulge anything that could possibly be perceived as a con, these would be our only concerns.

Timothy from Carolina Conditions

Great product for our service company, adaptable to all service lines

Easy to use, multiple users possible, no on-site data storage so there is security in that

Pros

No on-site storage of data, can access from any device, multiple user capable, somewhat intuitive interface

Dominic from Air Comfort

Caveat Emptor

Some of the issues we faced during our deployment and Go Live; Inability to deal with standard Quickbooks naming convention (Lastname, Firstname) A fix for this issue that generated a large number of duplicate records in QuickBooks. The final fix required all customer records in Quickbooks and ServiceTitan to be changed, manually. All customer locations being mislabel During import into Quickbooks customer name and location information fields merged rendering Google Maps unusable. Pricebook, item, and invoices would not allow for mutli-decimal pricing, rendering item prices incorrect, and all A&R reports inaccurate Constant changes to the UI, even during business hours. Integrated billing software turned on but never configured. Charged for submitting wrong type a check for processing. Check types only specified in test environment until next release. Too many undocumented features that need to be turned on by success manager.

Pros

World class technical support, one of the best I have ever worked with, they obviously know the product, and when they need to follow up, they have some of the best time to answer rates I have seen. Joshua Jenswold keep up the great work.

Cons

Expensive Inability to import data accurately Generates more work than it alleviates. Product features are numerous, but shortcomings in execution show a lack of maturity from a development and management standpoint.

February 2016

Laurel from All Pro Plumbing, Corp

February 2016

GREAT PROGRAM! VERY USER FRIENDLY!

Pros

This program is very user friendly and the Service Titan team really goes above and beyond to adapt it to your individual business needs. Whenever I need help or have a question, I email and always get a timely response. Matthew Huber recently assisted me with some issues I was having with a new QB account and getting it in sync with Service Titan. His help has been absolutely priceless. He is very professional and knowledgeable and was very patient as he navigated me through understanding why I was having issues and how to fix them.

Cons

I have no dislikes with the product or the vendor. They are a very knowledgeable team and will assist you through chat, email or by phone. Very accommodating.

Gabriela from Apple Air Conditioning & Heating

The best software company in the HVAC Industry

Pros

Their support system is amazing, you can always reach someone, customer notifications is a HUGE plus and their customer record design is great.

Cons

There is frequent downtime on the system when Service Titan does updates at night. They are not very customizable to your company specifically.

Response from ServiceTitan

Replied November 2018

Gabriela, Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review. We're fully invested in the businesses we work with and are thrilled you feel this way as well. We built ServiceTitan to make a difference for the hardworking men and women in the trades. It's an honor to work with extraordinary shops like yours and wish you continued success.

June 2014

Claire from Gary's Plumbing & Heating, LLC

June 2014

Amazing product and company!

Everything that we have always wanted to have taken care of with our growing business is done using this product. We had been using Smart Service (don't ever purchase) and the difference in time saved between the two products is astounding. We had all the office staff trained in two days and were able to train someone to help cover the phones and dispatching in half a day. If we do get stuck on something the help tab can help us remedy the problem we are having fast with quick three minute videos of how to complete whatever you are trying to do. The flexibility in the payroll part has been huge for us as we are a flat rate based company that pays per billable hour. It used to take me 6 hours to complete payroll and I just did my first payroll using service titan in less than 3 hours using their reports that are automatically generated. It is so intuitive and easy to use. One glitch that has come up has been the transfer over to quickbooks, if a customer's name is too long, it won't send it over. Even so when I have had a problem I am responded to by customer service immediately which is huge! Their customer service is great and I find it refreshing to have a company ask you for feedback, which they do regularly. You can tell this is a company that likes to constantly improve what they are doing and are based on what their customer's want and need. This product also is helping us not focus on surviving but will enable us to thrive.

December 2015

KEVIN from Kevin Shaw Plumbing, Inc.

December 2015

Why did we wait so long to start using Service Titan

Pros

We keep saying that it is one of the best business decisions we have ever made. Simplifies running our company, booking calls, keeping in touch with our clients, keeping our technicians accountable, seeing what marketing programs are working or not working, and on and on it goes. Maybe the best attribute of Service Titan is their constant innovation and their radical (In a good way? of keeping in touch with us. We can't help but suggest that other service companies take a serious look at this software.

Cons

Not much bad to say. Being a cloud based system, It has gone down a time or two in the years we have been using it. I believe they have upgraded their servers to the ones the Amazon's of the world are using.

Shawn from Your Plumber / Your A/C Team / Your Realty Services

Industry: Utilities

Next Level

I believe this has moved our business needle by 15-20%.

Pros

The organization and marketing features have helped us take our business to the next level.

Cons

Being a smaller user I have lost my one direct sucess coach for a team. This makes it much tougher with on-going or reoccuring issues when I don't speak with the same person.