All ThinkReservations Reviews

Brian

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Is there any a property management software OTHER than ThinkReservations???

PROS

ThinkReservations is an all-in-one Property Management System, booking tool, channel manager, and back-office tool that is available to me whether I am using it AT my property or from a remote location. That's what I like best about it... it's everything! It is extremely intuitive. Right "out of the box", I was able to get to work. And the fact that my historical data was able to be transferred over from my previous PMS is a game changer. Just this morning, I was recommending ThinkReservations to another innkeeper who is thinking of making a change.

CONS

All software changes require some adjustment in operations. There are a couple of minor changes that I might like to see with some reports; but there's nothing that we can't work with. All the info is there. The accounting module is most impressive - unlike most I have seen.

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's always our goal that our customers are able to be up and running with ThinkReservations right away and we love to see that this was your experience - especially since you opted for our comprehensive data transfer! It means so much to us that you continue to recommend ThinkReservations to fellow business owners - word-of-mouth is our best source of new customers! Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Replied May 2019

Barry

Reviewed July 2019

A 20 Year Reservation Software Study or How Can I Find More TIme To Do More Important Things

The software connects all of the dots. It manages reservations information coming from multiple sources. and adjust many changes that I wish to make seamlessly and automatically.

PROS

The software is easy to use and has just enough bells and whistles that I need.

CONS

I wish that I could ad more guest documents like a late arrival welcome letter that welcome guests to the inn and would tell guests what room they were staying in. I would also like to be able to generate a guest list in an XL format with or some kind of spread sheet so that I could target guests by state or city. The software may already be able to do these things but I have never taken the time to learn them....

Reason for choosing ThinkReservations

I like the format and how things were laid out

Reasons for switching to ThinkReservations

To much crap that I did not need. To much set up work for simple tasks. They were also going to no longer support the desktop version that I liked better than their newer cloud based version

Hi Barry, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with ThinkReservations! We love hearing that you find the software easy to use and that it has kept things seamless and automated for you - that is exactly what we hope for all of our valued customers! We'll have a member of our Support Team reach out to you shortly to help you with adding the additional documents you'd like and showing you how to pull a customer list that can be filtered and sorted for easy marketing. Stay tuned! We really appreciate that you trust ThinkReservations with such an important role in your business!

Madison

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2019

ThinkReservations

PROS

The software has demos that are helpful for understanding the program. It has great integration's with various booking websites

CONS

Depending on how much you are planning to spend, it can be a little pricey.

Hi Madison, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you've found our educational training videos and channel manager integrations beneficial to your business. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Ilona

Close to Optimal

I needed a new reservation system in a hurry a year and a half ago. My prior system got “upgraded” and in that process lost several key functions that I depended on: an availability calendar for potential visitors in the booking engine and a tape chart. The lack of a calendar caused me to start losing business. I got TR up and running fairly quickly

PROS

Everything worked smoothly the first time (not my previous experience!) The navigation and reports are both well thought out.

CONS

Several things could bring perfection to TR. (1)The pricing per room/ per month makes this too expensive for a medium sized lodging facility (20 to 40 rooms). Our lodging association would love to standardize but this prevented that effort. (2) Several report enhancements would be great- ability to save a request parameters for repeatedly reporting and having export for all reports.

N/a

Reasons for switching to ThinkReservations

See above. They upgraded to a new version and took away several things I needed

Hi Ilona, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with ThinkReservations! We really value it. It's wonderful to hear that your transition to ThinkReservations went so smoothly and that you find navigation and reports to work so well for your business! We've passed on your suggestion regarding report parameters to our development team for future consideration - great idea! We appreciate your feedback on our pricing structure. We have found that by keeping our pricing simple and relative to the size of the property, we can be accessible to a wide range of businesses. Thank you so much for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Reviewed March 2020

Wow!

PROS

I am in a market that celebrates enormously high occupancy (95-99% in season). I didn’t think a reservation software could play a pivotal role in advanced bookings before being forced to find a new property management system (previously a Superinns customer. No longer in business). My advanced bookings are far beyond my expectations and the only change I made was ThinkReservations. I have no other way of explaining the sudden change. If you are considering the switch please feel free to call the Dockside Inn on Martha’s Vineyard and ask for me, the owner, John. I will be happy to answer any concerns from the perspective of a small innkeeper. The Yield management is also simple to set up and an easy way to increase profit with very little work. The program does it all.

CONS

None. It was simple to convert as they did everything including saving all our reservations from the previous Year.

Reason for choosing ThinkReservations

The customer service and ability to talk to a real person. Yesterday [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] spent 2 hours helping me navigate the evil bookings.com interface. Very generous time commitment from customer service that I’ve never seen before. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] !

They closed down

Andrea

Best of the Best

We love working with ThinkReservations, as our guests find the booking engine very easy to navigate and book independently from phone conversation; so many of our guests book "on the fly" and find using our booking engine to be a breeze.

PROS

This software is very user friendly and extremely easy to navigate!

CONS

because this software is very user friendly for both admin and potential guest bookers, and the extremely easy navigation ability, we cannot think of any cons at all!

Superior Customer Service, ease of navigation, value

Think covers it all ~!

Jeannine

Reviewed July 2020

Very satisfied

My overall experience has been excellent, beyond expectation

PROS

Integration of accounting and booking features, reporting

CONS

A few reports are a bit inadequate, but far superior still

Reason for choosing ThinkReservations

Better features, support and ease of transfer of data

Reasons for switching to ThinkReservations

I switched to ThinkReservations because of the features and also ease of transfer of 16 years of data

Hi Jeannine, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of ThinkReservations! We're so happy to hear that your experience has been beyond your expectations. Our team works hard to ensure that every Thinker feels this way. We appreciate you trusting us with such an important part of your business.

Replied July 2020

Amber

Reviewed September 2019

Exceeds Our Expectations

When we were ready to switch from our previous system we did a lot of research and demos to find the system that would work best for us. This one had everything we needed and has far exceeded our expectations.

PROS

-Ease of use -Accessibility from anywhere -Ability to easily add/remove rates, information, items, etc -More cost effective than previous reservation system -Smooth OTA integration with affordable fees (based on actual bookings not a monthly fee) -All features are easy to find and easy to customize -Detailed videos and articles to walk through all aspects of the system -Support is extremely responsive

CONS

There isn't anything we dislike about it. There are some features we would like to see but ThinkReservations is very open to feedback and builds new features based on demand.

Reasons for switching to ThinkReservations

We wanted to move to a Cloud Based System, so we could access it anywhere, and needed something that could be customized in house without having to reach out to support. It's also very cost effective.

Joan

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Lodging Software

The benefits have been huge in overall administrative efficiencies and day to day operations efficiencies.

PROS

We love the personal and immediate service we have received when questions have arisen.

CONS

There are a few features we would like to have added but are possibly rather unique to our application.

Reason for choosing ThinkReservations

Superior guest interface and responsiveness of the staff.

Reasons for switching to ThinkReservations

We wanted to switch to a cloud based system.

Hi Joan, Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review! We love seeing the word "efficiencies" used to describe your experience! Efficiency is exactly what we had in mind with so many of the features we've added over the years. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Replied July 2019

Angie

The best in the Industry

We are able to pull invaluable reports to operate and plan in our business decisions

PROS

It's ease of use for both us and our guests, yet immense invaluable information available at our fingertips.

CONS

I can't think of anything I would change

Quality and Service is much better with Think

Hi Angie, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with ThinkReservations! Being able to run robust reports quickly and make business decisions based on data is one of the cornerstones of our system, so we love hearing that you find them valuable. It's also great to know that you and your guests find ThinkReservations easy to use! Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations with such an important role in your business.

Replied September 2019

Reviewed March 2019

Excellent Customer Support

Stated Above.

PROS

The majority of the software is very user friendly and straightforward. It has made my lodging bookings, business reports/ data, etc. so much easier! And the customer support has been first rate. Furthermore, the representative (with THINK Reservations) seminar on working with OTA's was extraordinarily useful as was his web seminar on yield management the week prior. His willingness to spend an extra half hour one on one with me in order to assure that I completely understood OTAs and online marketing strategies for small inns shows he is definitely someone who goes the extra mile to ensure clients are very well taken care of.

CONS

A specific aspect has been confusing- the function that differentiates reservations "minimum nights on arrival" versus "minimum nights through". Maybe different language or some visual would make it more clear. The majority of the software runs quite smoothly.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's important to us that our users find the system intuitive and easy to use and it's great to hear that you've found our customer support to be first rate. Our team is truly passionate about our customers and the industry as a whole and we're happy to hear you've had a great experience! Please feel free to reach out to Support if you'd like to chat with us about minimum night restrictions. We'd love to be able to ensure you are comfortable with the terminology and have been able to use our restrictions to effectively benefit your business. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Craig

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

It works and delivers on all the necessary features and functionality

I am very happy with the Think Reservations solution for our B&B. The product, company and staff provides what we need to effectively manage our reservations by working with the various sources of guest reservations -- from online travel booking companies, to direct bookings, to payment reconciliation, reporting, and more. As a small business I wear many, many hats and when I purchase a solution (whatever it is) I need it to work.. I don't have time to 'baby sit' it. ThinkReservation works, does what they say, and that's what I need.

PROS

Contains the necessary and useful features and functionality I need...and has pertinent, helpful reporting tools. AND, as importantly, it doesn't have unnecessary features and functions that increase cost but have little or no value. The process from evaluation, selection, preparation and migration from our existing service(s) and providers was very smooth and the Think team was there to help and assist along the way. Very smooth. The cost for the product/solution is reasonable for the service provided.

CONS

I really don't have any thing to complain about.

Hi Craig, We really appreciate you taking the time to share a review of ThinkReservations! We love seeing that you found the entire process of transitioning, from evaluation to migration was so smooth. We strive for that with every customer. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Replied September 2019

Laurie

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Easy to Use Software

PROS

ThinkReservations is easy to use and has features that make running our business easier. It's pretty intuitive but if I need help, the Help section is great and if I need more help the Customer Service is very responsive.

CONS

Still waiting for ThinkReservations to sync with our credit card processor so that we don't have the extra step and cost of using a gateway service.

Price and features

Hi Laurie, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on ThinkReservations! It's so important to us that our customers find the system easy to use, so it's great to read that this has been your experience. Definitely let our team know which processor you use so we can keep track for future integrations. We wish we could directly connect to every processor, but our payment gateway option provides the next best thing in terms of choices! We really appreciate that you trust ThinkReservations to be such an important part of your business!

Danielle

Reviewed February 2019

One of our best decisions was to switch to ThinkReservations!

Our experience has been and still is very positive.

PROS

We had tried 3 other management systems and booking engines before signing up with ThinkReservations but we were never totally satisfied. The most important requirement we had was that it should be easy for our guests to book at our inn online. After we switched to ThinkReservations (4 years ago) our online reservations doubled and the sale of add-on packages tripled in two months. The backend is easy to use and very intuitive. They are constantly improving and upgrading the system.

CONS

Nothing, really. Many of the small issues we encountered at the beginning were quickly resolved and ThinkReservations is continually improving their product.

Hi Danielle, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear that you saw such impactful results with both online reservations and upsell packages so quickly after upgrading. It's important to us that our users find the system intuitive and we will continue to enhance our software into the future to exceed the needs of our customers. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Stephanie

Reviewed October 2019

The Best Reservation Software on Earth!!!

I love ThinkReservations. When I started with the company there was Rep helping me and he had the patience of Job. Any questions I had - and there were a lot - he answered patiently and in a language I could understand. Today, all of people now working with ThinkReservations are much the same in that they take the time I need to fix my mistakes and help with any questions and needs I have with the software.

PROS

It's easy to use - user friendly. For me this is most important as I am in no way techie. Instructions on how to use the software is simply written and understandable. On the "Help" pages for ThinkReservations answers are easy to understand.

CONS

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Reasons for switching to ThinkReservations

The reservation system I was using was antiquated and no longer offering service.

Hi Stephanie, Thank you so much for your review of ThinkReservations! It means so much to us to hear about your love of the system and our team! We are passionate about what we do and we're glad to hear it shows. We value your trust in us and look forward to continuing to work with you into the future!

Replied January 2020

Joanne

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Sometimes need help from live person.

When I first got involved with think reservations there was always a person 7 days a week available to help me. The person was always very knowledgable. Now there is no live help on weekends and that is hard for me. Also when I do get a live person they do not seem to be as knowledgable as in the past and that can be frustrating and time consuming for me.

PROS

Easy to use. Multiple sources for operating!

CONS

Nothing it's a great product. Sometimes hard for me to understand all I need to use.

Reasons for switching to ThinkReservations

Was told by a friend think was much better and it has been much better.

Hi Joanne, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with ThinkReservations! We appreciate it. We're happy to know that you've found ThinkReservations easy to use! Please note that our Support team is still available during normal business hours Monday through Friday, but there is also someone always available for emergency support evenings and weekends, at no additional charge. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions! Thank you again for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Mary

Reviewed May 2019

Easy format - lots of options.

We are really grateful for Thinkreservations. We were doing all of our own credit card processing and calendar blocks. Now our customers can make their own reservations without needing to call me on the phone (so old school). ThinkR helped us get up to date with how people are making online reservations. From the first day of set-up to now we feel comfortable calling them for assistance. We love the way they made the reservations page look like our own website. When we updated our website they were very quick to update their page as well to keep things looking uniform. We highly recommend working with ThinkR. We like their small company and high quality.

PROS

After learning the software I was able to make any changes to our company policies, prices, and other changes without any difficulties. However, if I needed help Thinkreservations was always just a phone call away.

CONS

The calendar functions are a little too small for my iphone. But I use it anyway, its just so convenient. Maybe ThinkR can come up with an app.

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for ThinkReservations! We really appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear that you've found the system easy to use and that it's been beneficial to your guests, allowing them to now book right online! We've noted your request for an app and will definitely let you know if we develop one in the future. Thank you for trusting ThinkReservations to play such an important role in your business!

Replied May 2019