• Pros

• "It's super easy to use! I can manage it for the company without using a lot of my time!"

• "Very easy to use and my manager approves my time"

• "User friendly and very efficient. I love that it is web-based and I can get into this from any where. "

• Cons

• "I think the usability of the product is great, however, the overall design is definitely on the dated side and could use a little modernization. "

• "Could use a little more robust reporting function but overall, it works fine and meet our needs."

• "While professional looking, the look of the website is a bit dull."

Browse Built for Teams Reviews

Beth from HTL-STREFA INC.

Industry: Medical Devices

BFT works great for keeping track of our growing team!

Pretty good and reliable program. Like being able to use remotely. And it is fairly user-friendly.

Pros

Two things: 1) Ability to add / edit PTO requests easily; and 2) Ability to see my team's travel and PTO on my Outlook Calendar.

Cons

Had to get a link from the Admin to add to my calendar - other software offer the Outlook calendar links within the settings. However, once received, it works every time. Also, all of the colors can be overwhelming, but once you understand them, it's not too bad.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied February 2020

Beth thank you so much for your review. With Built for Teams, admins have the ability to customize links for the calendar to determine who sees what! It's a great feature to keep the calendar view containing only what is relevant to that employee, department, team or admin. We are stoked to hear you love Built for Teams and thank you again for your review!

Heather from GigSalad

Affordable and easy to use!

Before we started using Built for Teams, our PTO was just managed through a Google spreadsheet. Having a service like Built to track people's hours and requests has been a load off of those team members that were previously responsible for handling that. When I first decided to find a service for us to use, I did a couple of trials and demos with different companies. I was impressed immediately by the customer service provided to me. The demo was great and all follow-up conversation was responsive and helpful.

Pros

I love how simple it was to set up and how easy it is to use. We only need it for the most basic PTO management services, so we don't need to be in there often, nor do we need to use a lot of the features, but it does everything we need it to do and our team had no problems understanding or adopting it.

Cons

There are a few kinks we run into here and there. Just some things that don't behave the way I expected them to, but it was always easy to get around them or figure them out with no issues. So it's not a huge con, that's for sure. The Slack integration could be a bit more intuitive, but I know it's in beta so I assume it'll advance more.

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

Built for Teams checked more boxes than all the others. There was one thing we really wanted or needed that was missing from each of the others. Or their interface just wasn't intuitive. But Built for Teams had everything we needed and it was easy to use. The price also fit within our budget for our small team.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied November 2019

Heather we appreciate your feedback! We love hearing that Built for Teams has saved your organization time and effort and has been easy to use and implement. It's also great to hear you were impressed by our customer service and helpful communications! Thank you for your review and for being a valued Built for Teams customer!

esdras from USA Legwear

USA Legwear - designer

Overall it has been a great experience. i think the systems works well

Pros

the system is easy to navigate and check on the amount out PTO days we have used and are still available to use.

Cons

I wish it was an easer way to cancel PTO days.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied April 2020

Thank you so much for a great review Esdras! Having the ability to track your own time off is pretty ideal and the self service aspects of Built for Teams allow you to do just that! As for canceling your requested days, Built for Teams allows each organization to customize the abilities and limits that employees have when it comes to canceling approved requests. These are settings that account administrator configures. We are so glad you are having a great experience with Built for Teams! Thank you again.

KATHY from MNB INSURANCE SERVICES

review

Pros

Easy to use, just a couple of simple clicks of the mouse

Cons

can't edit time in or out, making it necessary to call administrator. Some days, work hours begin before or end after hours, when BUILT is not accessible

Response from Built for Teams

Replied January 2020

Kathy, thank you so much for offering feedback in your review! We are happy to hear you find the system easy to use. In reference to editing time in/out, Built for Teams allows each company to customize settings so they can determine if they want to allow employees to have the ability to edit timeclock entries on not. Since Built for Teams is web-based, you can actually access it at anytime from anywhere. We appreciate you as a customer and thank you for your review!

Ken from SpinSci Technologies, LLC

Excellent PTO tracking tool to supplement ADP

Super!

Pros

Employee can see the remaining PTO balance. This make it easy for employees to make future PTO plan. Before B4T, we needed to manually calculator for remaining PTO for employees' future vacation plan. This manual procedure was prone to errors. By introducing B4T, we significantly reduced such manual procedure and eliminated errors.

Cons

Only one approval person designated to one employee.

Cost Demo was good Very good customer support

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2020

Ken, thank you for your awesome review! We are stoked to hear that Built for Teams has eliminated time off errors fro you and ditched you need for wasting time on manual calculations. As for approvers per employee, you can have more than one person receive the request (i.e. if someone reports to two people) or via our Carbon Copy feature, but only person needs to actually approve the request. If you'd like help setting this up, please reach out to our support team as we would be happy to assist!

Amulya from Paragon

Making "taking time off" even easier!

I have used Built for Teams for last two years for myself and my team. I am extremely happy with its functionality and ease of use.

Pros

The simplicity of the software is the best aspect. Taking time off and recording time away from work should not be complicated. Built for Teams makes it easier and hassle-free.

Cons

The only con that I would mention will be the "Time Approval" functionality in the Mobile App. It needs to be more user-friendly Everything else is very streamlined and user-friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

The presentation by the company and cost was our main factor.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied January 2020

Amulya thank you so much for your wonderful review! Built for Teams truly is an incredibly user friendly program with flexible options and powerful tools. We appreciate your feedback and please know our development team is continually working on improvements and we are very excited about the improvements coming to our mobile app soon!

Rachel from SemaConnect Inc

Pros

- ability to quickly access information in one place - can approve vacation from the email without login - convenience

Cons

- it is one more thing to log into - employees often don't use it making it ineffect

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

Features balanced with price. ease of expandibility of features and employee size

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2020

Rachel thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear you love the convenience of being able to approve time off right from your email on the go! Built for Teams does offer Single Sign On (SSO) with Google, Outlook and Slack. We can certainly help you get that setup! Thank you for being a valued customer and for your review!

Maddie from Buddy Program

Highly Recommend

Monthly input of time off has been eliminated. Individual emails to staff about their PTO balances has been eliminated. Manual timesheets for non-exempt staff have been eliminated. LOTS of time saving. Fantastic customer service and always improving the experience and increasing usability. Fantastic team and would HIGHLY Recommend to anyone.

Pros

Super Easy to setup and then have users log themselves in and complete their profile. PTO balances and accrual was straightfoward to input and very easy to adjust. Dashboard feature makes it easy for staff to understand. Eliminated the need for one point of contact for all PTO used, allows managers to manage their own subordinates.

Cons

The ability to only delete or alter a request if it is the LAST request in the line makes things difficult. Especially if monthly accrual has just happened and employees adjust after vacations etc. Would love a feature to be able to look up all non-exempt employees overtime hours for the month. Then you could pinpoint any weeks you need to go in and look at specifically...

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

We moved from manual systems and excel spreadsheets. Was recommended Built For Teams and investigated then recommended.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied April 2020

Thank you so much for your detailed review Maddie! It is very clear that Built for Teams has been a game changer for your organization saving valuable time and streamlining your processes a great deal! Your feedback regarding altering requests and filtering non-exempt employees is great! We love hearing from our customers as we are always working to add value and improve how we serve our customers. Thank you again for your time and for being a Built for Teams customer!

TANESHA from RE GLOBAL

Finally the Right Product!

This was one of my best business purchases. It is cost effective and gets the job done. I love that the users can monitor their own account and it cuts down on calls and manually tracking.

Pros

Set it and forget it! The setup was easy, there in no ongoing maintenance, and you just add employees as you go. The available policies are customizable and the administrator can edit as needed. The approval process for PTO is very user friendly. The weekly reminders are very helpful!

Cons

Sometimes, I forget to send the initial set-up email to the employee after adding the new hire to the system. This should be automatic. The directory, org chart and people should be intertwined for ease of use; the sections sort of do the same function. When approving time off requests, it allows approve or deny, but sometimes I need space to send feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

This product was the best fit for our small business needs because of cost, automatic calculations, and maintenance requirements.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied February 2020

Tanesha, your review is so great! We love to hear that you value Built for Teams enough to consider it one of your best business purchases and offers a more effective solution to so many of your daily tasks. As for automating the setup email invitation, many customers like to create employee accounts and assign documents and create schedules etc all before inviting them to the system to ensure they aren't granted access until their profile is complete. This is just one example of why that process is not automatic, but there is a user login report you can pull to help you determine who has or has not been invited as well as if they have logged in or not. If you want to leave feedback on a time off request, you'll need to log into Built for Teams to approve/deny rather than using your email to approve/deny. Then you can leave feedback or comments on the request. We appreciate your time in leaving us such a great review and we truly value you as a customer! Thank you again!

Michael from Starr Corporation

Built For Teams Exceptional Software

Pros

The PTO request and tracking feature is simple and user friendly for all of our crews to use and complex enough to allow us to create unique PTO accrual categories and track employee information.

Cons

The only con we had found so far with this system dealt with the ability to track certifications and licenses. Built diligently worked on finding a solution for that and has recently released the a new feature that resolves that concern.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2020

MIchael, thank you so much for your review! Built for Teams certainly is user friendly but powerful enough for complex situations. As you mentioned we are continually working to develop our product even further to provide the best service possible for our customers! Thank you for being a Built for Teams customer.

Scott from Logix

Industry: Industrial Automation

Easy Managing of Employee Vacations and Time Off.

As a small business it is challenging when people are out of the office. Before BFT we utilized Outlook to manage vacations and other out of office items. The problems was that anyone could edit the calendar so we had no idea if the time off was approved by management or not. We also had no easy way to track the total time off an employee was taking. With BFT all employees must make requests to management. Management can view the amount of time they already took off and decide to approve or deny the request. This ensures that employees do not take more time off then they are allowed.

Pros

When an employee requests time off for various reasons they can easily send a request using the BFT application on their desktop. The request shows up in my inbox and I can approve or deny with one click. Before I approve it however the request shows any already approved vacation conflicts. The online calendar syncs with Outlook so I can see at a glance upcoming vacations. I also like that you can add additional categories other than Vacation. This gives the employee options on how to use their allotted time.

Cons

At the moment I have not found any issues with the software.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the detailed review Scott! Built for Teams is a solution for organizations of all sizes and we are so glad your smaller business has found a solution to managing time off and office coverage using Built for Teams! We value your business and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer for over 2 years now!

Katie from B Street Collsion

Great Customer Service

You guys have done or worked with me to figure out the best solutions to my problem. I wish the software was more personalized or had the options to personalize more but you listen to your customers and I appreciate that.

Pros

Its very simple and easy to use. Customer service is great and they always respond in a timely manner

Cons

I'm not able to personalize per role. Like all level two managers see this, level one this, level three this. I would like to be able to personalize the calendar more as far as black out dates vs days we cant have any techs off but can still have office roles off. We are a body shop and only have fill ins for specific roles. I wish when I changed someones job title it automatically changed them to the group they are in. For example: If we have a DA Tech that moves to a team. I can select that he is moving to Reassembly Jr and the group i made would update his hrs to 10 hrs PTO time when requested, it would remove him from the DA Tech group he was in and add him to the Reassembly group, etc. It would make it a lot easier to sync everything to one.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

Katie, we really appreciate your feedback. I know your organization has had some unique needs, based on the type of work you do and the way your organization is structured. We'll keep working with you to try to find ways to meet your unique needs!

Dan from Response Labs Inc.

Great tool for startups keeping track of important HR info

The customer service is great and the overall value of the software is fantastic.

Pros

Excellent management of time off requests Calendar is wonderful for shared items Perfect place to store key HR info on each TM Recruiting system is good and getting better

Cons

Some of the interfaces still need some tweaks. Nothing major, but some catching up. The flow of the system could be better. Again, not major, but could use upgrading.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied February 2020

Dan, thank you so much for your detailed review! So glad to hear the shared calendar is so beneficial and yes, our recruiting feature is getting better and better! We love hearing from our customers and your feedback helps us in our continued improvements! Thanks for being a Built for Teams customer!

Colin from Curational

Built For Teams brought order to our PTO policy chaos

We're a small eCommerce company with a headcount of 15. When the team was smaller, paid time-off wasn't being tracked which led to concerns about abuse of the policy and a lack of transparency around who would be out of the office and when. It became necessary to put a tool in place to better handle PTO requests and tracking, but a traditional HRIS would have been overkill for a company our size. Built For Teams allowed me to implement a robust, yet easy-to-use system that didn't cause any headaches for employees and gave managers greater visibility over when each member of their team would be unavailable.

Pros

- The UI incorporates best practices so very little training is needed to get new users comfortable with the system; the user experience is very logical. - The shared calendar can be set to allow employees and managers to view others' approved PTO dates to ensure adequate coverage before a new PTO request is made.

Cons

- The system can be used to warehouse a lot of employee data that we don't keep in Built (tax info, direct deposit info, benefits data not related to PTO) and the inclusion of those fields can sometimes cause confusion for new employees.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2019

Thanks a million for this detailed feedback, Colin! Knowing that our product is bringing some order to your PTO processes is great to hear. Thank you for the feedback regarding the additional, unneeded fields too. It's helpful to hear things like this and it definitely influences our product development roadmap going forward!

Bob from Matrix Group Inc

Built for Teams Review

Managing PTO is so much simpler now as opposed to when we managed it with a spreadsheet and the employees love it.

Pros

Very easy to train employees on how to use the portal. The program is pretty intuitive, and it has streamlined our process for tracking PTO. Employees can log in at any time to see their current PTO balances, which eliminates employees asking how much PTO they have remaining. We use three different PTO pots (PTO, Optional Holidays & Work Remote) and Built for Teams makes it a breeze to manage. the reporting is pretty robust as well allowing me to generate reports for any date range and include all or select employees.

Cons

Editing past PTO can be a challenge, currently, we have to make an adjusting entry if an employee's plans change and they don't use the time they requested. I know they were working on a way to make these corrections, so it's possible that edits can be made now. the only other item I would consider a bit of a con is there's no phone support. Support is done through chat - sometimes it's very quick but other times not so much.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2019

Bob, we really appreciate your detailed review and candid feedback. It's great to hear how Built for Teams has streamlined your processes and that your employees are loving it! If we are able to help make managing PTO "a breeze" as you put it, that makes us so happy to hear! In regards to our chat support, when a support request comes in, our entire team is able to offer input allowing everyone's expertise to be utilized to get answers and resolutions to your questions or issues faster than calling in and waiting on hold for who knows how long. This method allows us to help more people and serve them better. Thanks again for your great feedback and for being a Built for Teams customer!

Lorrie from BioLite

Just right fit

Prior to Built for Teams, we used shared google docs, various spreadsheets and random conversations to keep track of our hiring progress. BfT has been a great place to hold all of our hiring data all in one place. We can easily move candidates from one job to another, as well as have access to historic applications. The customer service for this software is outstanding, and if we've ever had an issue, question or need, they are quick to respond and solve any problems, even if it meant re-writing some of the software. Outstanding!

Pros

The Built for Teams platform is exactly the right size and fit for our current stage of development; it allows for multiple users, clear communication between hiring team members, and clear progression through our outlined process.

Cons

The only feature that I could remotely describe as liking least is that I'd like a better way to move jobs around in the archive, so that current jobs are on top.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

Wow, thanks for the stellar review! We consider ourselves lucky to have had you for a customer these several years and it's great to read that you feel the same. Thank you also for the feedback on improving the ability to reorder job postings. We'll get to work on making that easier to do!

Haley from Eagle Transportation LLC

It's exactly what we needed!

As the administrator for PTO and Payroll, this software has really made my life easier. It's so easy to track everyone's PTO - and to have multiple policies! We had to grandfather a few employees on the older PTO plan when the company moved to accrual, and it was extremely easy to do so. The employees are able to visually see when they've taken off in the past, in case they couldn't remember. All in all, very happy!

Pros

I liked that the software itself was very easy to learn for the administrator and user side. There are several reporting functionalities as well. If there was anything I had a question about, or if there was anything additionally needed from the software, the support team was always very willing to help accomplish those tasks!

Cons

It only recorded in half hour increments. I've had a few employees inquire about 15 minute increments, but this isn't a huge problem.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much, Haley, for sharing your feedback about using Built for Teams. We've loved having you and your company as our customers all this time! We're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you!

Jennifer from MNB Bank

Quality Product with Room for improvement

Convenience of keeping track of my personal pto, versus maintaining a spreadsheet on my own. And having to hassle HR to make sure I'm accumulating correctly on a regular basis.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to see the addition of PTO hours, submitted hours, and pending hours is well laid out and easy to follow.

Cons

Would appreciate the ability to set up reminder emails for pto hours added, or total hours accumulated. Or a statement of activity on a quarterly basis so the possibility of hours not accruing once they've reached the maximum limit.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2019

Jennifer we appreciate you taking time to review Built for Teams! Being able to check on your PTO usage and accruals at anytime without having to hassle HR is one of the many perks of using Built for Teams. Thank you for your feedback about reminder emails or activity statements. We love hearing from our customers and your feedback helps us as we continually work to add new features!

Michelle from TargetLeads

Built for Teams makes office scheduling a breeze

Pros

Very easy to see when someone in the office is already scheduled off and is also very easy to schedule time off

Cons

There are limits. Like if you need to leave for the day at 3:15, you have to select either 3 or 3:30. Also we work 7 1/2 hour days so if I schedule off 1/2 a day, it doesn't always calculate the right amount of time out.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2020

Michelle, thank you for you feedback and review! We obviously love hearing that Built for Teams is making scheduling time off a breeze! In reference to your time increment feedback, Built for Teams actually has ability to allow for time off request in 1 min, 15 min, 30 min, and half day increments. Each company gets to configure this setting. If your half day requests aren't calculating correctly, the value of each day on your schedules may need be adjusted which is something your company admin can do. Our support team would be happy to assist in configuring any of these settings. Thank you for being a Built for Teams customer and for leaving a review!

SHANNON from RB Sales Corporation

Built for Teams is the BEST PTO tracking website

We were searching for software/a website that would enable us to keep PTO updated and accurate (we do not have many hourly employees and most other websites/software include hours worked, not just PTO). Built for Teams has enabled us to do this with ease. Employees are able to login and request for time off and supervisors are then able to go in and either approve or deny the request. Payroll is then able to run reports based on date and have easy access to who used what PTO during a pay period and then enter it into our accounting software to double check that the remaining hours for each employee are accurate. Built for Teams has been a huge asset to tracking PTO in our company! Also, the team behind Built for Teams is VERY responsive to and questions that we have had. They are quick to respond and very helpful!

Pros

The best part of Built for Teams is the ease of use and that it ONLY tracks PTO, not hours worked by employees.

Cons

Nothing....it's great! I can't say anything negative about this product

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Shannon! You've been a fantastic customer and we love working with you. We recognize that some companies want to track hours worked PLUS time off, and other companies like yours only want to track time off. So, we've made Built for Teams ultra flexible to support both scenarios! If at any point in time you do need to start tracking hours worked just let us know and we can help you upgrade to our timesheet feature. Thanks again!

Bea from Rawson Saunders School

Rawson Saunders review

Overall we are satisfied. I think we used to be able to pull a report on terminated employees but that's not an option anymore. It would be useful. Also we find it hard to keep track of employees rolling over PTO year after year (eligible for up to 3 days per year, up to 10 days) - it's just confusing and some kind of tool that could help us with tracking that would be amazing. We also have part time employees with different eligibility and it would be nice to be able to set the roll-over rate individually vs. the same number being applicable to all and then we have to go in and change it for the PT employees. Email customer service is quick and good. Thanks.

Pros

Easy, straight forward, clean interface, good email support.

Cons

See previous page.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2017

Thanks for the review and the feedback! We do still offer the ability to view terminated employees. We'll reach out to you via email to show you how this work as well as to show you how to manage rollover. I think we can help resolve these concerns for you; thank you for bringing them to our attention!

Laura from Rawson Saunders

Great way to manage PTO!

Pros

As a school, we struggled for years to accurately manage and track the many, many requests for personal, professional, or sick time. Built for Teams was game-changing for us--for the teachers making the requests, for the administrators approving the requests, and for the HR and accounts managers reconciling PTO at the end of each year. It's effortlessly effective.

Cons

I wish we could program BFT to automatically notify our HR manager upon each approval.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied August 2018

Laura, you've been a customer for years now, and for that we thank you! We do have a feature that allows notifications of approved time off. I'll reach out to you directly to help you set that up. Thank you so much for being our customer and for posting this review!

Doug from Lind, Jensen, Sullivan & Peterson, P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

Easiest vacation/sick time tracker on the market

Built for teams provided a very easy to use, easy to maintain, simple and accurate solution for our company to track sick and vacation time. The customer support is very easy to work with. We absolutely love this product!

Pros

Best part is how easy it is for our employees to use this product to request paid time off.

Cons

For some complex setup items, I did have to call their customer service, but they quickly fixed what I was looking for.

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

Great price and lots of postive reviews and recommendations from other customers.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2019

Doug, thank you for your stellar review! We love hearing Built for Teams is providing an easier way for your employees to request and manage time off! We do pride ourselves on providing amazing customer service, so thank you so much for the compliment and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!

Adrienne from Rawson Saunders School

Built For Teams allows us to be able to submit time off "at our leisure," have our supervisor review the time off and approve it "at their leisure" and is then prompt to let us know that our time off has been approved. It is much easier and more efficient than other software programs I have used.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. With a few simple clicks, someone can complete the process of taking requested time off.

Cons

There is anything I can think of that I don't like about the software.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied August 2018

We appreciate the review, Adrienne! You've been a customer for several years now so it's great to read that you're still so happy with our product after all this time. We love having happy customers!

Uri from Source Intelligence

easy to use!

GREAT!

Pros

I love how easy it is to request time off and see everyone's schedule

Cons

everything has been great so far...maybe that you can't see all of the names on the calendar when someone requests a day off?

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2020

Thank you so much for your review Uri! Built for Teams truly is super user friendly and we are so glad you are pleased with it. In reference to the ability to see all the names on the calendar, it could be the view you are currently using (timeline vs. calendar) or it could be your organization is utilizing settings to narrow the scope of who can see what on the calendar. Built for Teams offers many options for visibility and we would be happy to assist you finding the right one for you!

Mike from Paragon Hotels

Feedback on Built for Teams

Great tool to track our individuals time and appointments

Pros

Overall very easy to use, easy tracking and good reporting

Cons

We don't have the ability to track "extra" hours worked - just time taken away from normal business hours.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied January 2020

Mike, thank you so much for your review! We love hearing our customers appreciate how easy Built for Teams is to use, yet how accurate it is as well! In reference to tracking "extra" hours we do have solutions available to assist in tracking those kinds of hours or overtime. Your account administrator could reach out to our Support Team for additional information regarding that. We thank you again for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!

Anish from Logical Media Group

Great software to track employees' remote and PTO days

Pros

I love having a single place to request remote and vacation days as well as see when other team members will be remote or out of the office. It is equally as useful to see how much time I have PTO time I have remaining in a given year.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this software, but if anything, it would be nice to have additional features like having a place to view current HR policies.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2019

Anish thank you for taking time to leave us such a great review! Built for Teams is clearly providing your team with better communication and planning and we are glad you are enjoying the ease of knowing your time off balance at any given time! In reference to being able to view current HR policies, Built for Teams does have a Benefits section that is available based upon individual company settings, where different policies and benefits can be listed and viewed. Again, this is based upon individual company settings. We thank you for being a valued customer and for your feedback!

Jerrell from Porsche Financial Services

Jerrell Jackson PFS/BFS/LFS

Pros

The ease of approving time off requests, and the up to minute balances of the employees time off make it easier to approve/decline requests.

Cons

Nothing I don't like, but I believe it could do more than what we use it for. Could possibly be used to reviewed, disciplinary tracking, attendance, etc.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied February 2020

Jerrell thank you so much for your feedback and review! We pride ourselves on accurate and up to the minute calculations for time off balances. And to respond to your comment - Built for Teams can do much more than just track time off balances and provide an approval/denial process. We offer timesheets, document and onboarding management, license and certification tracking and more! We would be happy to ensure you are utilizing all the solutions we offer. Thanks for being a Built for Teams customer!

George from Moran Equipment, LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Poor support

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to set up. Our employees liked it.

Cons

Software works. Reaching people with questions does not. Our managers could not see our PTO requests, even after they were set up to.

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

We just left Built for Teams a few weeks ago. Farewell & good luck! We couldn't talk to you or call a number to speak. Happy trails!

Response from Built for Teams

Replied January 2020

George, we appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear your employees are loving Built for Teams. The majority of our reviews rave about our customer support so it's rather surprising to hear otherwise. We value our customers and apologize if you had a less than satisfactory experience at one point. Thank you for continuing to be a Built for Teams customer and allowing us the opportunity to strive to serve you better!

John from Wayside Chapel EFCA

Highly Satisfied

Simplified our process for scheduling and tracking employee time away.

Pros

Ease of use for scheduling and tracking employee time away.

Cons

Minor inability for employees to cancel scheduled time away after it has already been approved.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2019

Hi John! Thanks for this kind review. It's great to see that "ease of use" is a major pro of using our system. We like hearing that! Regarding employees canceling approved time off, we actually do have a setting that allows you to enable that. Some customers want to allow it, some don't, so we support both! If you'll reply to this message we'll help you get that setting changed if you'd like.

Janet from Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina

Built for Teams Pros and Cons

Pleased we made the decision to go with Built for Teams. After using it for a few months, it is now second nature to use.

Pros

It replaces all of the manual calculations I used to do and I can rely on the calculations to be correct.

Cons

Not being able to select which request I wish to modify or delete for a staff member and that they have to go back and enter any request that came after the one that was deleted.

Reasons for Choosing Built for Teams

We felt it was more user friendly than some of the other things we looked at.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your review Janet! So happy to hear that Built for Teams allowed you to leave the old days of manual calculations behind and save you so much time and energy! We are glad you chose Built for Teams and we are happy to have you as one of our valued customers!

Nicole from Aspera Technologies Inc

Built for Managers

Built for Teams has helped me manage my own, plus my team's schedules. It's super easy to make adjustments to requests and have everything re-calibrate. Previously, i was managing vacation and sick time through my inbox and Excel so when it came time for me to report it took time. Now I don't need to even report - the information is already there for Management and HR to view any time.

Pros

It's very easy for me to manage my team's vacation and sick time in Built. The calendar view for the entire company is also a huge plus, especially near the holidays and Summer when many people are out - it helps build my expectations for response :)

Cons

Nothing that stands out as a big con but it would be nice to have the ability to build different views. Maybe this is possible if you are the admin, not sure.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

It's great to hear that our product is making your life easier, Nicole! That's our goal and we're working hard to continue to improve our product all the time. Thank you for being our customer!

Gregg from General Fasteners Co

Industry: Warehousing

Use of Built for Teams

We have a much better idea of who, when and where of our employees.

Pros

The calendar view of people being off. I can look at just my team or any other departments to allow for future planning of meetings or projects.

Cons

Limited to amount of administrators foe separate individuals.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2019

Gregg, thank you for taking time to review Built for Teams! We are so happy to hear the software has allowed you to better visualize your team and be able to more effectively plan. In response to amounts of administrators, Built for Teams actually allows an unlimited amount of administrators in the system. That being said, if there is something we can assist you with in better utilizing this feature for your specific organization, please let us know as we would be happy to help!

Stephanie from PeachSkinSheets

The Efficient Way to Handle Time Off!

My overall experience with Built for Teams has been very positive, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to create a seamless process for handling PTO company wide.

Pros

Built for Teams has been an amazing addition to our company! It's very easy to use and allows both employees and employers to keep track of all aspects of PTO, from requests and approvals to time left to use. It also has a master calendar that can be viewed by everyone in order to see PTO being used by themselves and other people, as well as job anniversaries.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues with the software so far and have been using it for years.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied January 2020

Stephanie we are so thrilled that Built for Teams has had such a positive impact for your organization! It sounds like you are utilizing many aspects of the product and it has created a seamless workflow company wide! We love having you as a customer and look forward to continuing to work with you! Thank you so much for your review of Built for Teams!

Chris from Risk Control Technologies

A functional affordable HR application

We started using built for teams to track PTO, coming from a process of email and spreadsheets. It has allowed us to better track and oversee PTO as an organization.

Pros

- Easy to use - Able to quickly review my teams PTO at a glance - Email notifications are great

Cons

- Have to create multiple entries when you have an interrupted span of days off to request - Days off are requested in hours which can be confusing to new users

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2018

Thank you, Chris, for the review! I'd love to hear more about how you think the system should work when taking time off that isn't consecutive days, i.e. you take some days off, work a few days, then take more days off. It seems like those *should* be separate requests but I'd love to hear more about what you think. Account balances can be viewed in days or hours. When submitting a request, though, the system does calculate how many hours that request will use. This is critical to having a system that is both highly accurate and highly flexible. I think there are a few products on the market that do everything in days, but those systems are extremely inflexible in terms of what they can support. We've opted for the more robust, more accurate approach!

Kayla from Jomela Properties / Midwest American Properties

BFT Review

I enjoy the software for the most part but I wish these changes would be made.

Pros

The easy functionality for our employees. They are able to log-in and request time off/put in for sick time, etc. It is helpful because it isn't something I have to manually enter anymore.

Cons

I dislike the request process. I would prefer that it would allow you to go down to the minute so it's easier tracked. I would also prefer it had the option to mark for tardiness. I use the unpaid tab for that but you have to modify the balance every time. I also dislike that you cannot modify something once it's put in/date passed. I shouldn't have to e-mail for adjustments - I should be able to change them as I'm the admin.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Kayla! First, I have great news that we just added support for by-the-minute requests. We'll reach out to you to show you how to enable that new setting! Second, we're also working on improving the process for modifying historical data. We should have some updates in the near future that will help make that process easier. Thanks for being our customer!

India from Brookson Builders

Happy with the program

Pros

This is a great software to keep up with important employee information & time taken off using PTO Very user friendly, easy to navigate around site, not much I have found that has caused us any issues ~

Cons

I haven't found any thing I haven't liked about this system ~

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2019

Thanks, India! We really appreciate having you as our customer and knowing that you are enjoying Built for Teams so much. We definitely aim to make our product the absolute best in terms of ease of use, so this feedback is very encouraging.

Jeffrey from Clickinvest

Excellent PTO Tracking for Mid-Size Business

Pros

Excellent value. It is very easy to use. Intuitive interface. PTO tracking allows full customization of policies and multiple policies based on length of service or employee classification. Has enough capabilities to grow with our organization.

Cons

Wish it had employee time tracking. Additionally, I wish it were easier to move between active and former employees. It would make sense to have a drop down with employee status rather than a multi-step filter.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2017

Jeffrey, thank you for the great feedback. Good news that we are close to releasing a time tracking feature! And we'll work on making it easier to move between active and former employees. Great suggestions!

Jeremy from BEXBRANDS

Industry: Graphic Design

Great for small business

I have a small business with 6 employees. Just easy to track for us and our staff. Worth the small expense.

Pros

It's super simple. When we hire a new employee, I have them fill out their entire profile so not only is it easy to track PTO and sick days, but all the HR info is in one place. Simple.

Cons

This may be possible, but I have not figured out how to sync the built for teams calendar to our fast mail calendar (Apple calendar synced). Would love it if it were connected.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied February 2019

Glad to hear we're helping you run your business, Jeremy! I just did some research on FastMail and according to their online documentation, it appears that they don't support the industry-standard iCal protocol. That's unfortunate! It might be worth reaching out to them to suggest that they put that on their product roadmap. This might be the first calendar product I've come across that doesn't support iCal so I would think they'd want to do that!

Dale from The Lock Up

BFT review

Built for Teams allows us to track our PTO and not rely on a manual process to track carryover vacation. It’s been helpful with document compliance for our quarterly safety and HR topics as well.

Pros

PTO request and tracking and the ability to approve via email.

Cons

Counts hours for salaried PTO not days. Since our weekend hours are shortened it can cause overages in PTO.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied December 2018

Dale, it's great to hear that Built for Teams is helping to streamline things for your company! For the weekends, where your hours are shortened, the system will allow you to set up schedules that account for those shorter days so that PTO time is still exact and accurate. If we can help you with setting that up just reply to this and we'll be happy to do so!

Emily from Challenge Aspen

Built for Teams for Non-Profits

This is solving the issue of having someone track all employees paid time off.

Pros

Built for teams is one of the best software inventions. Instead of using wonky systems, such as Excel spreadsheets, you can track employees (and your) paid time off, sick time, etc.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Built for Teams, it's insanely easy to use, I suggest it to all HR managers.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied November 2019

Emily, thank you SO much for this review of Built for Teams! Hearing how much our product has helped your organization makes our day. We're probably going to print this out and read it every day when we come into work because it really does put a smile on our faces. :) Thank you for being our customer!

Jason from Starr Corporation

Built For Teams

We now have a consolidated calendar showing time off for all of our locations which has been a huge benefit as we continue to add members to our team.

Pros

Weekly reminders for upcoming PTO or schedule items.

Cons

The non-pto time off requests seem to be confusing for our employees. We are still working through how to do that on our end, so it may not be a software issue.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

Thanks for being our customer and posting a review. We'll reach out to you to talk through the unpaid time off to help make sure your employees understand it!

Tracy from 3BL Media

Industry: Online Media

PTO Tracking at it's best!

Tracking employees time off, coverage with the calendar

Pros

This software is very user friendly, and is very helpful with reporting totals at the end of the month. Great Place to store reviews and other HR documents.

Cons

I would like for employees to be able to choose hourly vs only 4hr increments.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied February 2019

Thanks, Tracy, for taking time to review Built for Teams and provide us with this feedback. We're very happy to see that our product is working so well for you! We do have a setting that allows you to determine how specific employees can be in using their time off; we can even support time off by the single minute if necessary! If you have any questions about how to use this setting just let us know.

Zil from The Special Event Company

Good Value for your money but bery basic

Built for teams is helping our team submit PTO requests. Its a simple and well laid out product but doesn't have many bells and whistles. It is a good product for the cost.

Pros

The Software is easy to use and visually appealing. It gives just the basics.

Cons

It does not provide much functionality for rolling over excess PTO to be used in another year or other more complex situations that may arise regarding benefits.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied October 2018

Zil, thanks for your review! Built for Teams actually does support rolling over excess PTO from year to year. Can we help you get that policy setting configured? And if there are any other complex situations you'd like to address let's discuss those. Our product is quite flexible!

Jenni from Challenge Aspen

Great PTO Tracker!

We have full time PTO tracking with our employees. We can look back at time used and decide if our PTO benefit package is working for our employees or if we need to adjust it. It's very handy and simple.

Pros

We use Built for Teams solely for its PTO tracking. Our employees all use it, which says a lot about the ease of use. It creates quick reports and it is easy to get someone on boarded. No complaints - it's a great value, even though we don't use the full spectrum of services.

Cons

It would be nice to customize the reporting.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2019

Thanks, Jenni! You've been a customer for quite a while so it means a lot to hear that you and your employees are still loving our product after all this time. Your feedback about custom reports is spot on and we're actually working on some new enhancements to make our existing reporting tools even more powerful. Thank you for being our customer!

Candy from MetOx

Industry: Semiconductors

Very Useful

I've been managing BTF for my company for about 2 yrs now. At first it felt a bit overwhelming but once I started using more often, I no longer feel that way. Any time I have a question or issue, customer support is quick to reply and takes care of those issues. I never feel hesitant to email them because reps have always been friendly and helpful.

Pros

Lots of options, customer service replies quickly, easy to learn to use

Cons

While professional looking, the look of the website is a bit dull.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

Thanks for this helpful feedback, Candy! Regarding the look of the product, we'll admit we're minimalists and fans of keeping the design basic so that it doesn't interfere with ease of use. But, it's helpful to know that you wish it was a bit more exciting! We'll take that feedback to heart! Thanks for being such a great customer these several years. We'll keep doing our very best to support you and to make sure our product is making your life easier.

Sharon from Boys and Girls club of the Ocoee region

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Awesome

Pros

Accesibility is absolutely the best . Use it daily

Cons

Putting my information in twice is not good.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied March 2019

Hello, Sharon! Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you find Built for Teams so easy to use. I have a follow up question for you though on your comment regarding "putting your information in twice." Built for Teams doesn't require you to do this, so is this comment in reference to something that you organization requires of you, such as also entering your time off into some other system? If so, I'd love to have you update your review accordingly just so that future customers who read it don't mistakenly think our product requires double data entry! Would you mind doing that?

Dan from R/B Sales Corporation

Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use - and getting better!

We have better communications on people's PTO time usage between management and bookkeeping. That alone is worth the cost of what it can do. But it also prevents confusion amongst our staff and who is going to be taking time off when.

Pros

If you are lookingfor software that's easy to use and helps you to manage your people's time, builtforteams is a great product. We are currently using it to manage our people's PTO time and our hourly employees timesheets.

Cons

on occasion, it's hard to find the right location to change a little information. But customer service is always on top of any request and it doesn't take long to get it resolved.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied July 2019

Dan, we're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you and your employees! Thank you for being our customer and for taking time to share your experience using our product.

Tracy from Paragon Hotel Company

Built For Teams

Being able to easily track requests and hours is so time saving and easy. Just love it!

Pros

It makes it so easy to know my own balance, but, also, the balances of my Employees. It's super easy for me to submit a request and very easy to approve my employees straight from the email, I don't have to log in to approve it.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything except the ease of use for the mobile version.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied January 2020

Tracy thank you for taking time to review Built for Teams. Having the ability and freedom to see your time off balance anytime you'd like as well as monitoring your employees balances at any time from anywhere is a big deal! We are glad you love the ease of use of the system and we appreciate your feedback. We are continually working to improve our product and the mobile app! ;) Thank you for being a valued Built for Teams customer!

Jake from Gallagher RMS

time tracking is great

Pros

ease of use & cost. Also like the ability to view reports.

Cons

Ability to edit if a mistake was made. It would be nice to have 10 minutes or so to edit.

Response from Built for Teams

Replied September 2018

Thanks, Jake! Glad to hear our product works so well for your company. Regarding the ability to edit mistakes, do you mind responding and giving us a bit more detail about that? We really value your feedback and would like to make sure we know how we can improve things for you!