• Pros

• "The simplicity in this app is FANTASTIC! Everything is right where I need it, and it's comfortable to use."

• "Very easy to use. The user interface is very simple and easy to navigate. "

• "I loved the scheduling features, the app integration was fantastic-- the group messaging feature was also great, because it allowed for different teams to work collaboratively"

• Cons

• "The only thing I dislike is that it counts gift cards as revenue which throws off my labor percentage especially around the holidays. "

• "it is continuously improving, though some features are not so clear."

• "It could offer more bells and whistles, but Homebase charges extra for options I would like."

Browse Homebase Reviews

Kevin from Lyft

Great system for employee time tracking.

Great experience! US-based representative whom were very kind, understanding and WILLING AND READY to resolve any and all issues when I needed to call to resolve the only issue I’ve ever had.

Pros

Homebase is extremely easy to set up employee time clock which happens to be free if your business has a single location and with a single location you may set it up for unlimited employees. For a small business owner where every dollar and cent matters, it’s a no brainer. A business owner may assign or allow the employee to set up their clock in and out code. Also, it may be set to take a photo of the employee during the clock in and out sessions to help or eliminate other employees from clocking in and out for them. Homebase offers an iPad, iPhone and an android app. You may also use your device's browser. We downloaded the app, installed it on an iPad for our employees to clock in and out on. The administrator has 100% access via web browser login. There’s also a feature which allows employees to clock in and out in the field which would geo-tag the location of the clocking activities.

Cons

Not a lot a negative things to say. This software is best if you have multiple employees who may have a staggered schedule. Example: an employee opens, then you have a mid day shift, then a closer. You also have many employees that may be out in the field. geo-tag is not the best choice for a single entrepreneur who’s trying to track their time, set up easier ways to do so.

Joshua from Bambu Tea + Coffee

Much more than the Software we needed

We needed a better way of tracking time and calculating salary. Manual entry and spreadsheets were all we hoped to replace, but Homebase has made us realize how much time we used to spend in scheduling and payroll. Now we can do scheduling while on the road, on a trip or make last-minute changes on the fly. Basically, more beach time and less office work. I have shared the benefits of Homebase with many of our affiliate companies.

Pros

First off......It is free for basic features. I love that it has an app for phone and tablet use. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. Staff can track their time and their salary. I could make a huge list here, but basically it is the software we needed, but now we can't live without it.

Cons

Some of the features are a little on the expensive side when purchasing plans, but mostly because of our exchange rate.

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

We felt that Homebase was much more inclusive overall allowing us to complete almost anything payroll related within one app.

Shilleah from SMW Refrigeration & Heating

Great Clock In Tracker for Small Businesses

Overall, we are happy with it! We were using paper time cards for everyone, so this is a huge improvement for us!

Pros

It has a really easy interface for everyone to clock in and out with their passwords when they start and end their shifts. It also allows all our employees to download an app to their phone that will remind them to clock in/out and also will tell them how much they made that day! Love that.

Cons

As an administrator it doesn't allow me to schedule a shift for my employees and have them clock in and out for their lunch or breaks. In order to account for lunch break, the only way to do it is to do multiple shifts for that person for the day. That part is kind of annoying, but not a deal breaker. It is also not an easy interface to use templates from previous weeks or rename then. It says you can do it once the schedule is published, but it doesn't direct you to there once you have done so.

David from El Centro Inc

I've never seen so many bugs....

Bad,bad,bad. Customer service is responsive but there are just soooo many bugs with this software.

Pros

Very easy to use. The user interface is very simple and easy to navigate.

Cons

I feel like this is a beta software that should not have been rolled out yet. We have been using it for a week and have had issues every day since we started using it. Basic things that you think should just work doesn't work. Example: All my employees have a 1 hour, unpaid lunch everyday. They clock in and clock out on this required one hour lunch but Homebase is still counting it in their total hours. So know I ma getting alerts that they all have overtime but they actually don't because Homebase is not calculating hours correctly. So there have been several little things (Bugs) that I have found every day since using Homebase. I contact customer support and they tell me that they will pass it on to their product team. This may sound harsh but the product team really should have tested this software more before rolling it out. Makes me question all the reviews I am seeing on here. All the bugs have been on basic functions.

Response from Homebase

Replied April 2020

Hi David - We are so sorry to hear you've been having issues your Homebase account. This is not the experience we want our customers to have. Our head of technical support has just emailed you to see if we can remedy these issues for you. If you have any further issues, please reach out to me directly at reviews@joinhomebase.com. Looking forward to getting these issues resolved for you, and so sorry again for all the challenges here. - Ryan

Matt from Big Sky Diagnostic Imaging

Homebase

When we first launched we had a programming issue where the time clock would crash once a day. The team at Homebase was quick to address the issue and put us in contact with the development team who got us on a beta version of the next release. This fixed our issue and the team at Homebase was responsive and open to feedback as we previewed the upcoming release. I have had representatives from Homebase reach out to my multiple times for feedback on their products. It is refreshing to see a company openly solicit feedback from their user base in an effort to improve their product. Every interaction I have had with their staff has been positive.

Pros

Homebase has been the perfect time clock system for our business. It was easy to configure and with the entire system web based I can monitor our staffing when I am off site. We use a wall mounted iPad to clock in and out which was less expensive than many physical time clocks. My staff has enjoyed having access to their Homebase dashboard where they can easily review their punches/total hours. One of the best features is the ability to specifically define your pay periods. Many systems only offer weekly, biweekly, or monthly with no customization of dates. Homebase allows complete customization for when you would like you pay periods to start and end. I have also used their hiring tool. It is by far and away the easiest tool I have used to publicly post to multiple job sites at once. It is very straight forward and has been a great resource in helping us in our hiring.

Cons

I don't have any cons. It is a quality product and the team at Homebase has been quick to respond to any issues we have had.

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

The cost (as low as $0), the ability to define pay periods, cloud based, ease of use

Grace from DR Heidi Johnson OD PC

Easy to manage staff

instead of emailing we started using this app to manage schedules (which were done on paper before!) and to send messages to staff, like hey team i'm going to be late this morning, or on Friday we can wear jeans to work! It has made our team much more cohesive and together. now we all know what is going on!

Pros

Most of our staff is young and are on their phones all the time anyways. This app made scheduling a breeze with requests to switch shifts and time off easy to fill and move around hours. Plus there was no more second guessing what time you were scheduled for or who is off. Also you have the ability to message staff through the app which has made interoffice communication much better!

Cons

The free version only allows 1 manager- I recommend upgrading and letting a manager from every department be able to manage their employees coverage. otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming for 1 manager. Occasionally the app will not let me in asking me to enter a verification code, that is a bit annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

the free trial is what worked well for us, that way we could try it our before we invested to much time into it

Edward from 1 Clean Laundry

Great Product Lots of features

Pros

Ease of use for scheduling. Also like the job posting feature.

Cons

We use an iPad with Square stand the App does not rotate and makes it difficult for my staff to use as they have to tilt their head.

Ease of use/price/features

Rasim from Pacifica Healthcare Inc

Excellent

excellent

Pros

easy to use, easy to control employees, contact employees etc.

Cons

sometimes does not show when workers clock in

Kim from Grounds for Christ LLC

why i love Home Base

Homebase is very useful for any business that wants to make sure their employees know when and what time to come to work!

Pros

This software is very user friendly and time real time. I can immediately know if there are conflicts in vacation scheduling, etc. My baristas all love the ease of use for this software.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

I chose Home Base because I was using Clover accounting and they recommended Home Base.

Richard from Consumers Auto Warehouse

Everything in one place

It's been great, so far. Being able to clock in/out, see my schedule, and communicate with my entire staff- all in one simple app- has been a great asset to me and my dealings at my store. Would definitely recommend to businesses of all sizes.

Pros

Cons

I haven't found anything, yet, that has turned me off from the application. Maybe the color scheme haha

Jessica from VMS Home Oxygen, INC

Industry: Medical Devices

Awesome software!

Okay, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Home base is easy to use, easy to read, easy to understand. The platform is SERIOUSLY DUMMY PROOF! My 9 year old daughter helped me set it up. It is seriously that easy! My 4 year old will open my app and can tell if I forgot to clock out when I left work, and he even knows how to clock me out at the right time! It really is just that simple. I love the restrictions it offers. I can determine whether employees can clock in and out from their app, I can determine whether they can see labor reports, view other employees schedule, and I love the fact that they can request off right from the app, and I can approve or deny right from the app. I love that they can switch schedules and I can approve it instantly from home. This app just has so many great features. I will never use another payroll system again.

Pros

I love that the employees can request time off or switch/trade shifts from their phone and I can instantly deny or approve the request. I love the ease of pulling the time sheets, and reading the time sheets. I love the access to be able to edit employees time on a daily or weekly basis. Employees can be horrible for clocking in early unauthorized, not clocking out to walk down the street to the store, etc. This app makes it simple to edit this carelessness from employees without even having to sit them down and talk to them about clocking in and out. Its kind of like, Okay, you want to take 20 mins to walk down to dollar general and you have already taken your lunch previous, oh and you didn't clock out. Well let me fix that mistake for you. The system tracks tardies, which is awesome, bc after 90 days, anyone who has been tardy more than 20% of their shifts, only gets offered a part time position within the company. This system gives us accurate data to show the employees at their 90 day evaluation, and the data can't be disputed bc it is tracked based on their clock in and clock out times.

Cons

I don't like the fact that there is not room for multiple clock outs under the edit mode. If we do not clock out for an extra break, there is no where to add it. I always have to add the time employees are gone to their lunch break. It give a false interpretation and false data when we pull data from this system for evaluations. I really wish you would update this to add columns for extra breaks, and reasons for the breaks. Also, I wish you would add a column to give explanation for employees that clock in late, miss a scheduled day, or clock out early. This system does not even track early clock outs, just late clock ins. We often find that employees will leave early to take care of things, and sometimes it can become repetitous. I would like to be able to track the data.

David from Kainos Team LLC

HomeBase Employee Scheduling

We LOVE HomeBase. It helps with scheduling of employees at our different stores with ease, especially working with part-time employees who need to block out their unavailability. Also like the TineOff request capability, so my managers can plan ahead for coverage. Out team members like the communications capability to request shift exchanges as well. Out store managers love the Time-keeping (clockIN and clockOUT) capabilities and late reminders. I like how easy it is to export the employees time-worked to our payroll software.

Pros

This is a very simple to use software and it is very easy to train our store managers to use it. It also gives visibility to All team members who is scheduled and for what shift.

Cons

It is really the best scheduling software. I do not have anything negative to day about it. The only thing that I wish it has, is the ability to have another layer of management report view that would allow my General manager to see that exclude those reports reserved for me as the owner. Current levels are "owner/general mgr", "store manager" and "user". It would be nice to separate "owner" reports from "general manager" reports.

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

We saw how easy it is to use HomeBase to schedule our employees and track their time worked. I like how it is easy to train new store managers to use it. I also like the various reports it gives me as the owner so I can get a better handle on our labir financials.

Wayne from ModVin

August 2016

A comprehensive, user friendly application that offers must-have features

This application was offered as part of our new Clover POS system. I began to use it to set up the employee schedules for a small (seven employee plus owners) business. The more I used it, the more impressed I was with it. It provides every function that a small business like ours needed, taking a very tedious and error prone process and making it easy and transparent to handle. Being able to delegate certain tasks to key employees, auto notices sent for upcoming shifts, notification if someone hasn't clocked in within a set period for their shift, labor rate vs revenue analysis, end of year tax information gathering...and this was all in the free version that came with Clover! All in all, I am both impressed and pleased with this package. It looks to me like the right team wrote the right code for the right objectives at the right price. How often does that happen in the software world?

Pros

Ease of use, nailed key functions needed, intelligent navigation, visually uncluttered despite having a lot of functionality.

Cons

It is not a shortcoming of the software but of non-technical users. The biggest problem I have had is bringing along the technophobes who are used to working with...wait for it...paper calendars and personal journals to keep up with. They yearn to be able to use something so powerful but blanch when they open the home screen and see what is available. It is about as user friendly as can be imagined but some still are so intimidated that it is hard to get them to dig in. When they do, they begin to appreciate the value that is provided. The key is bringing the shy types along S L O W L Y. This software will sell itself once it is given a fair opportunity to shine. Just grit your teeth and work with them. It's more than worth the effort.

Jake from Island Tans

Underrated Product

5 stars is not enough stars. If you get this product, you'll be thrilled. I only have a small business (2 locations, 6 employees), and I use a lot of the features, but I don't need all of them. But it's clear to me that as we grow, Homebase will be able to accommodate, easily.

Pros

Homebase is easy to use, quick, and effective. There is practically no learning curve for new employees. Scheduling is a breeze, as is running reports for payroll. It gives me quick reporting to see my business performance, even when I'm not there I can see how the shops are performing. Clock-in features work great. Customer service and troubleshooting (not that you'll even need it) are seriously amazing. This team treats you like your problem is their main priority.

Cons

I wish the date selection feature still said the day of the week like it used to. It says July 10 2019, but it used to say Wednesday July 10 2019. I mean... that's all I can think of that I would change... and that's kind of a non-issue.

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

They offered a version which allowed me to test the waters. It's been Homebase ever since. I'll recommend them to anyone who sits still long enough to listen.

Kathy from Keva smoothie

HomeBase Scheduling is the Bomb

Scheduling is always a pain to make sure shifts are adequately covered. HomeBase make this headache so much simpler to handle.

Pros

Ease if use, adaptability, manager notification, team communication, documentation of absence, mobile access, etc. are all so easy to use and makes life easier for scheduling coverage for shifts.

Cons

Some reporting features are hard to understand how to run them. Also for additional features, it requires upgrading to more expensive subscriptions.

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

No alternative product was considered.

Low cost, high value scheduling software

Overall we have been extraordinarily pleased with Homebase. Our employees have had no issues signing themselves in and using the app. We've used other scheduling software in the past that made it too complicated for our employees. We love the way Homebase simplifies all parts of scheduling, so we can focus on our employees and the children we serve!

Pros

Homebase is easy to use. We had to quickly implement a scheduling software. The way our business is setup has a variety of departments but employees work in multiple departments in a single day. Homebase lets us easily schedule each employee for the exact shift they work. We can view by department or by employee, which is helpful for both our employees and our managers. We haven't tried it out yet, but one of the bonus perks to Homebase is their hiring module. We have tested but not actually published a job. It was easy to do and posts across multiple platforms. Homebase has a lot to offer at a very reasonable price.

Cons

After you have scheduled in a department or scheduled an employee, you cannot use the + button to add another shift. This is annoying because you have to duplicate an existing shift and clear the information, instead of easily adding an empty shift and filling in what you need. We also did not find a way to delete an employee when they were duplicate added without choosing "terminate" the extra employee. This is not an issue now, but it could be in the future. Another feature that would be nice in the app would be the ability to call the phone number from the roster or at least copy and paste it.

CHARLES from KJ JUICES INTERNATIONAL

Low Stress Management

We can not say enough about Homebase and how it has helped our business grow to 7 locations across 3 states ( FL, TX, and NV) with some 80 employees. We could not have managed our staff, Labor cost, Scheduling, Labor Cost Management, and get the support anywhere other than Homebase. When we receive calls from other companies promising everything, it's a short conversation once we inform them of all the FREE services we currently get from Homebase. Staff training took less than 5 minutes. With the Mobile App. They now schedule their own shifts and changes to the schedule. They communicate with us and other employees. Homebase feeds into our payroll, gives us a real-time complete one screen view of our organization, including real-time sales, real-time Labor cost, who is working at what location all from our mobile phone. We are able to make an adjustment on the fly if our sales to labor cost are out of balance by sending someone home early or get extra help when required. All this over a coffee or lunch. LOW-STRESS MANAGEMENT.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Not available in Canada.

Homebase is the best scheduling software!

Organization, communication, efficiency, ease of mind

Pros

I use Homebase on the daily to manage scheduling for my team of 10. It's incredibly efficient, easy to use, and keeps me and my team organized. Our staff's schedules tend to change on the fly with last minute bookings given our private event business, and Homebase is the perfect platform for me to communicate these changes to my team in real time. It's also a great way to manage time-off requests, monitor work hours for our part-timers and hourly employees, and coordinate shifts that need covering. They also have a very responsive customer service team, with options like Live Chat. I strongly recommend the software to smaller teams with hourly employees or contractors!

Cons

It'd be great to have a 'jump to X date/week' option. I view our staff's schedule on a weekly basis, and while you can jump to a monthly calendar view, I'd love an option to type in a specific date and it cue up the weekly schedule from there.

Teresa from Sus Hi Eatstation

Best Scheduling Tool for Small Businesses

Overall experience with Homebase has been exceptional. We used another scheduling tool in the past and it was much too complicated and difficult to look at.

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the Homebase platform and its ease of use. Everything is color coordinated, which is my favorite part. I use this to schedule my employees for all my locations. My employees enjoy it too because they can request time off, trade shifts, and see when they are scheduled on their phone. I also love the stats where I can keep track of sales and labor - and it links up all my locations which is a plus!

Cons

There honestly isn't anything I dislike about the software. I use it mainly for scheduling, but it does so much more than that. I would maybe like to customize admin roles a little more for better security, but that isn't entirely necessary.

Hannah from Hydrology SUP LLC

Many useful features for employees and business owners alike

Homebase has allowed scheduling, all group messaging and clocking in and out. Could use some help with the "availability" section to make it more user-friendly to hourly workers.

Pros

I really love how you can see the schedule of everyone on your work team on this software. I can see all the days I am working and also see all the days my co-workers and working, which is helpful for planning purposes if anyone needs to trade shifts or cover each other. Also really like how it shows your "estimated earnings" based on how many hours you are scheduled for, so you can see how much you will make on your next paycheck. We also clock in and out on this app and it is easy to use.

Cons

The "availability" section in this app is so counter-intuitive. It is set on a week-by-week basis, so you have to "update" it for each new week that your availability to work becomes different. This is quite odd for an app that is designed for hourly workers, who usually have odd and ever-changing schedules. They need to change this to a monthly schedule so you can fill out your availability for each day of the month.

We got our homebase through our clover system, it was free and an amazing app.

I wouldn't change to another application, this has everything you will need for scheduling and payroll. Even if you don't have a clover you can go online and set up your business to schedule your employees.

Pros

I could post schedules with ease and it wasn't hard to learn the program. My staff loved if because they could download the app on their phone, see their earnings, schedule and could request time off or switch shifts. Once the staff requested off or changed shifts it gave me the opportunity to approve or deny the request. Also once I uploaded a schedule it would text or email the entire staff or just the ones I made changes to.

Cons

They did update the system and it is a little bit or a learning curve. It also changed how the staff sees their schedule and dashboard.

Anang from Thyme For Lunch

Could go further

Wanted a employee time management and scheduling solution

Pros

Easy to install and integration was pretty straightforward with our POS

Cons

Doesn’t sync well with Toast but did better with clover

Reasons for Choosing Homebase

More cost effective and easier to use UI

Tyler from booster juice

Industry: Restaurants

Customer service is lacking, and No functionality for multiple store locations

To honest the experience hasn't been great, it feels more like a start up and they haven't worked out all the kinks with the technology, service, and training. They are very nice on the phone i have to give them they still have a long way to go.

Pros

it's easy to use, and the staff can use the app to request time off, and they can chat to one another.

Cons

1) It doesn't connect to your payroll system (even if they say it does) 2)you can't have more than one location and share staff between 2 locations, because the 2 separate schedules don't recognise each other which means when you auto-populate the schedule it double books staff members. (so then the auto-populate feature is useless to you) 3) The support staff are friendly but they ARE NOT very knowledgeable about the products or services, no can seem to make a decision and they very rarely call you back when they say they will. I cancelled the service to one of my locations and they continued to bill me for 4 months , when i called they said they would call me back once they investigated the billing. I never received a return, when i called them 3 weeks later they said they would only give a refund for 2 months because i never called them back sooner.

Melissa from Pitbull Tobacco & More

Simply the best for me!

I have been using Homebase for over a year. It has been extremely useful for all of my scheduling needs. The few gaps present in the beginning were solved and streamlined. Support has always been over the top amazing! Thanks for a great product!

Pros

I love being able to access Homebase on my phone. The features available at the Free level are sufficient for my needs at this time and that is very helpful with so many software programs charging for the most minimal of services. I am excited that there are more robust plans available as my business continues to grow that will help me manage my team even more efficiently and with a wider range of options for structure.

Cons

No cons really because everything that has ever been difficult to use within the software has been resolved and fairly quickly.

Leanne from The Parkdale Hostellerie

Finally! A online scheduler that easy to use!

This scheduler (and more) has been a huge time + business saver. You can schedule and have your staff clock in with ease.

Pros

Definitely ease of use! We have tried at least 2 prior to Homebase and they were too cumbersome to use and were ultimately ditched. Once we tried HB, everyone was able to figure out the app and can easily enter their availability. You assign staff based on their availability (or actually unavailability by day down to the hours) and staff can swap shifts if needed. You can message your team by email or the instant messenger to individuals or group. This is only the tip of the iceberg! There's team building features, sales, tip-out, time clock, 3rd party app plug-ins, reporting and so much more! This has everything already figured out! You just have to explore all the features and functions. Priced per location, but very reasonably priced that is scalable to your growing business.

Cons

Nothing we can think of except they have job market feature which allows you to post your job (to whom?). This is probably still in development and we tried it once and gotten inquiries from random job seekers from another country. Perhaps geolocation and category filters would help provide more suitable applicants.

Angela from Pets Inn Suites,Indian Shoals Pet Resort

August 2016

Absolutely the best product and service available.

I wish I could rate Homebase 10 stars! Of all the things that I use in my business Homebase would be one that I could never let go. I have been with them from the start and have never experienced a growing company striving so hard in customer satisfaction. There were bumps in the road developing the product BUT never once has their customer service let me down. They continually improve and always listen to requests . Response is almost instant when I am in need of help. I am old and set in my ways and this was the most user friendly product ever. We are a Pet Resort not food service and it more than meets our needs daily. My staff loves the ease of use and would revolt if we tried to change back to our previous system.

Madison from Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare

Great for my small business

Pros

My coffee shops use Homebase for all our scheduling. It is the perfect software! It is cost effective- the free version has all the necessary features. We also use it for own employees to clock in/clock out. You can send messages to your team and see who has read them. I highly recommend you check out Homebase if you are in any sort of business.

Cons

Every once in a while the time clock will be glitchy. The manager can correct these discrepancies from with in the app, you just have to keep an eye out.

Jessica from Snociety

Scheduling made easy because of the great user experience!

Scheduling staff with this software gets me super organized and takes me very little time to do so.

Pros

I like the ability to move my staff's hours with ease. If I want to switch someone's hours, I can just drag and drop their hours. I'm also able to see the total amount of hours per role, per week and per day. This helps me organize my staff and makes sure I'm at the maximum number of hours I'm allowed to staff for my restaurant.

Cons

I've had problems with the wage rate and applying them when necessary. I print our employees schedules instead of sending their schedule via the app. I never use that function but it seems like it could work well. Just not for our small establishment.

Timothy from Creation Lab LLP

Industry: Printing

Just okay

Overall the software itself seemed just ok, I couldnt easily find a way to add a specific job without assigning it to an employee. My hope was to have my employees clock in and choose a job, rather than me assigning one ahead of time, so that we could keep track of the number of hours spent on each project and the number of people actually touching a job before completion. From there we would begin to implement costs, etc. We didn't get that far because the annoyingness of being contacted too many ways too many times. Didn't feel worth it.

Pros

It was easy and free to sign up and try it which I think it great for a software company to offer so you can try before buy

Cons

Once we signed up I received 4 text messages, a voice call and multiple emails from our "new rep" who really wanted to chat about my account. Which if I wanted to chat, I would have called or got on the auto-chat that pops up every time I log-in. It was annoying enough that I closed our account after a few days.

Response from Homebase

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It has been shared with our customer support team and sales team.

Imani from Center for Cultural Awareness

Great for Scheduling

It was a great experience and made communication at the job easy.

Pros

I used this at a previous job. It made requesting time off for work and viewing your schedule very easy. As well as making clocking in at work easy. It was also easy to message coworkers and my boss. It was convenient to have it all in one app.

Cons

A con I experienced was that notifications would not clear after looking at the notification. But that could easily be fixed with an update.

Julia from Cook Foot & Ankle Specialists

Makes my life as an office manager a whole lot easier

Pros

I love the schedule features. I am not generally the best with technology, but this is about as easy as it gets. I LOVE the drag-and-drop feature so I can switch schedules around easily without having to create new shifts, delete shifts etc. SO user-friendly. I love how you can send out a notification to only those employees whose schedule has changed when changes are made. I love that everyone is notified. And I love that I can check the app from home to see who is working the next day, or on any given day.

Cons

We are using the free version, so really this isn't a con if you are willing to pay for a monthly/annual subscription. The doctor I work for does not want to pay any monthly subscription fees. I wish we could use the time clock for employees to punch in and out, but it is not realistic for us as a two-location practice. You have to have a manager log in to the time clock computer, and we only have a manager in one location. This seems like it would work very well for those willing to pay for this feature, though, and it is really not that pricey. It's a minor con.

Ron from Dakota Coffee Works of Alabama

July 2016

My first year anniversary and still in love

I've just completed my first year with Homebase and not only do I love it but so do the employees . And if they are happy i'm very happy . Our late shows has stopped almost entirely and confusion is almost never . I have employees come to me and point out simple mistakes that have been skipped in the schedule almost immediately . Customer service was a shock . I have not needed them but about 3 times , since everything is so simple , and everytime issues have been cleared up almost instantly . Thank you Homebase for being one of lives pleasures . I now enjoy doing the schedule .

Pros

Everything . Customer service is awesome and kiss ( keep it simple stupid ) is the order of the day .

Cons

Nothing I have found .

Kim from Thai Spice & Sushi

September 2016

Great App and customer service!

Free software that really works and simplifies payroll and scheduling. Absolutely love the customer service and it is offered 24/7! Need to call at midnight? Not a problem!

Pros

This app has been extremely beneficial for employees to quickly run cash out reports and enter cash tips at end of shift. The mobile app is great for correcting clock in/out times and adjusting cash tips in a matter of seconds. Great tracking for payroll and syncing with clover. I have not used the scheduling feature yet, but love the functionality of it.

Cons

The free version does not allow you to assign multiple jobs to each employee.

Alese from JCs Wildlife

Super Easy

For any company that doesn't need to track production or locations of their team, this software is for you. It is very reasonably priced and easy to use.

Pros

I have very few issues with this software. It was very easy to use and we never had issues with the kiosk.

Cons

This wasn't able to track the production of our team. This was the only reason that we switched to a different system, I can also say that I really miss it!!!! The only other con was that you can only put in one type of vacation time. We needed to add in vacation time and our floating holiday time, but we weren't able to do this.

Finally, scheduling and time tracking that is actually paperless!!!

Last year, I was given the task to find out how to go paperless. This would be a much easier task if people could really learn to let go of all of that paper that they think they need. Homebase has saved me time and money and even space! I no longer have to keep all of that paper in my office. If I ever need it, it can be retrieved and printed out.

Pros

The best part of this software is that I finally have something that needs absolutely no paper, whatsoever. It's user-friendly, easy to learn and use and really saves me a lot of time.

Cons

There's really nothing negative to say here. The only issue I have right now is that there are actually some people that cannot let go of their use of paper. They can have it, as long as it never comes anywhere near my office again!

Curran from The Bridge Church

Really convenient for employers and employees

Super easy to use and maintain for employees and employers alike, with lots of features that make work schedules (known to be a hassle) much simpler to tackle.

Pros

The accessibility to Homebase is super appealing. Being able to log online and view schedules and request for time off is one thing, but being able to easily access it all on your phone is entirely another. The color scheme and design make it pleasant to look at as well. It's pretty simple to view a schedule, request time off, or trade shifts with other employees as long as you've communicated with them outside of the app. Being able to sync it with your calendar and have it send push notification reminders helps, too.

Cons

The biggest downside is mainly just a small gripe. Occasionally, when I was either looking at the schedule, the names would appear out of order or it wouldn't update to the most current week. Or when you would request time off, it wouldn't select the day you selected, going back to the default and causing the need to fill out the request all over again.

Mark from Chocolate Sheep Inc

Scheduling Made Easy

Pros

Prior to using this system, I used to use google calendar and I relied on my employees to check the calendar in order to know when they work. Now with home base I can: - See when my employees viewed the scheduled via text or email - See when my employees arrive late or miss a shift all together - Request a trade or coverage One feature I recently paid for was the ability to monitor their breaks better. In the past, we had just given them paid breaks and hoped they'd punch back in at a reasonable time. However, now we give them a set time and any additional time is taken as unpaid. I love that I don't have to watchdog them for their entire shift.

Cons

The schedule layout is a little wonky. I don't do the best with color definition, so It would be nice if they allowed schedulers to use symbols instead of colors to define job responsibilities.

Doug from Te Roma Inc.

doug's review

I have been working with Homebase now for a couple of years. I love it. I learn more and more every time i use it. I am at the point where I cant do without it. I have become dependent on it. I really dont know how I did everything I did for all of those years without homebase

Pros

The ability to navigate it

Cons

everything is great about it. I really cant think of anything that i can really criticize

Tammy from Retail

Home base is great for smaller companies

When our HR pc crashed, we used Home base for immediate schedule availability for all of our store locations

Pros

Using this program has plenty of benefits for employees such as the shift change option, hourly payroll tracking, easy to use interface and communication tabs.

Cons

In order to successfully use the scheduler, you should use a desktop. It's a bit tricky on the app.

The FREE version is so powerful...

Pros

Homebase makes our life so much easier and integrated into our restaurant. This app enables managers and employees to get on the same page in the digital age. We are able to schedule through homebase and our employees get notifications via the mobile app. The employees are able to set their availability and request time off, easily. On top of all this, homebase integrates with our payroll system, Gusto. This makes it incredibly easy to transfer hours over for payroll. Did I mention this was all in the Free version? We are looking into the paid version to help us save money and automate a few things when scheduling.

Alex from Tpumps

Amazing! A great tool for start- up companies!

Pros

Running multiple retail store locations with over hundreds of part / full time team members. Homebase provides an excellent tool for our HR to run schedules, making it easy for team members to cover shifts at different locations, shorten payroll hours verification at end of month, bargain costs in services fees, very good customer support center on trouble shooting. Homebase is the best choice for millions of start up companies or small business that are growing rapidly.

Catherine from Analog

Wish we had it sooner

We have been in business for about 18 months. We just didn't have the resources or feel a great need for a POS. Our bank offered this system and we finally installed it about 6 months ago. What a difference it has made. Now we know what we didn't know! The most useful features for us are the time sheet feature and the Insights. Payroll has become much more streamlined and accurate. We only have a few employees so this system is more than adequate for our needs. I especially appreciate the feature that compares sales to payroll and contrasts it to the previous week. In a small business like ours, it's crucial to keep expenses in check. With Insights, we can gain knowledge about our customers and products that are very useful in making any changes or for planning purposes. It's like having a consultant without the cost or time involved with that. We know we have just scratched the surface with this system. In time, we will definitely be able to use it more fully.

Pros

Encompasses a broad spectrum of tools and useful information

Cons

Found it a bit difficult to understand and use in the beginning. Also not that easy to switch from 1 page to another.

James from Carmen's Events

Homebase is incredibly intuitive and feature packed

I use Homebase to manage about 6 employee's and it makes doing payroll so easy. You just export the hours directly to your payroll software, sans any issues, and that's it. It's seriously that easy.

Pros

The mobile clock in is awesome, it uses a geo-fence around your business so employee's can't clock in if they're not on-site. You can turn this on and off for each employee, so if you have someone who works off site sometimes, there's no issue there.

Cons

They're a bit expensive and the sales people are aggressive.

Emily from Nona's SB Italian Deli

Simple simple!

I love how easy it is to keep track of my employees. Scheduling is my least favorite part of my life and Homebase makes it very easy for me to take care of it wherever I am. My employees love that they can use their phones to check their schedules and request time off. It's a very seamless system.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use from my phone, home or office. I love that my employees can do the same, and request time off and get email/text reminders when I make changes

Cons

My employees schedules are always very different, I have to create a new schedule from scratch each time and setting up shifts can be a little time consuming. It would also be nice to have a feature on my schedule for days we are closed, like holidays.

Samantha from The Center for Vision Therapy

Accessible information regarding working hours and schedule

Pros

I loved how this program had an app so from home I could see how many hours I had worked that week and my future shifts. I also loved that you could clock in and out through this same program. Every thing about this program made it easier to keep up with your schedule pay and you could see other employees shifts so you could see who you are working with and if there is any open slots.

Cons

We had a little difficulty getting the clock in feature to work for us, BUT once working it was a very convenient tool. Made it easier on our office manager as well. The app kept up with all the schedule information for her.

Callie from Southern Pride Landscaping

Super easy biometric time keeping

Because it is web-based, using the Homebase app has eliminated the need for me (the owner) to physically go to the office to retrieve punches from the time clock. It has saved me lots of time when working from home or on the road.

Pros

I like that the app (even the free version) takes a picture when the employee clocks in or out, so no "buddy punching." It is also web-based, so at any time, I (the owner) can look and see what time employees clock in or out.

Cons

A recent update of the app has removed the inset screen where the employee can see if his face is in the camera view, so since they are aiming blindly, sometimes I get a chest or just the top of a head.

Beth from Norm's News

LOVE HOMEBASE!

From the moment I started using it, Homebase had been a time saving, headache reducing, essential part of running my business.

Pros

I love the user friendly aspects for both my employees and myself. I love that the software makes it convenient and flexible for my employees to request time off as well as trade shifts and get coverage when needed. I can manage those requests easily from anywhere.

Cons

I cannot see an entire month's view of the schedule. I would love for that to be an option.

Tim from Aptivada

Tracking employee schedules has never been easier.

Easy schedule tracking.

Pros

I manage the schedules for my team. Using Homebase to update my employees on their rotating schedules makes it very handy. Schedules and roles can be color coordinated for easy tracking. Employees are notified by text, email or popup notification when their new schedules come out.

Cons

Our old software would let employees edit their missed clock ins and schedule errors. It would be nice if Homebase added this feature. I do spend a lot of time logging in and fixing errors each week. If there was some sort of way to verify edits that employees have made, it would make it a lot handier.

Schedule

Easy to use. Able to look at schedules, make changes. Get alerts.

Pros

Easy to use. Can request days off and ask if others will cover and everyone gets alerts. If someone decides to accept your day, you get the alert. Messaging system to everyone.

Cons

Nothing. Everything seems okay with it.

Dustin from Tobacco and Hops, LLC

Time Tracking In Less Time!

Homebase is by far one of the easiest solutions for employee scheduling. Coupled with the fact you can try it out for free to see how you feel about it before investing any money into it, makes it a no-brainer to at least give it a go if you are looking for a better solution than pen, paper and hoping folks show up on time. While the initial setup can take some time if you have a large employee base, the time saved going forward with scheduling and time tracking easily makes up for the initial time investment for setup.

Pros

This system make scheduling and tracking employee hours a breeze. The simplified dashboard makes it easy to ensure the schedule meets all of our demands, and allows employees to quickly see when they are scheduled to work. The fact I can access it from anywhere helps for when I am away from the business.

Cons

Initial setup can be a little time consuming, especially if you have a large employee base. This makes the upfront commitment a little tough, however it'll easily pay off in the time savings you get after that.