• Pros

• "Scheduling is great and easy to use. The systemisation use in our workplace has been excellent."

• "Love the messaging options, keeps communication easy "

• "I like the easy to use functions and how simple the app is."

• Cons

• "The back end of the site took a little while to learn. Settings and managing lists can be a bit confusing to find, but once you do, you don't forget it. "

• "Sometimes a little glitchy with both apps and the website. I have had days where the lite app has crashed and we weren't able to find our schedule; however, it was quickly resolved. "

• "Not much, but it would be great if it was more adaptet to Europe as well, like the clock, (not am / pm but 24h) possibility to send sms to employees etc. "

Browse Jolt Reviews

Debra from Incredible Foods, Inc.

Purchased the Jolt labeler to label in process product, but we are using it for so much more!

Labels for in process and finished products, Very simple to use. Using for scheduling, time clock management, messages, alerts, communication, and accountability of personnel. They need to log in on an ipad to the software, and they can get their tasks right there that were set up for them. Excellent product! We are using this for so much more than what we originally purchased it for.

Pros

Originally purchased to label in process product. But when we started building labels, we realized we can also make finished product labels and apply them easier. We just used these for the first time for the entire day and couldn't be happier. Great quality and simple. This software has so many features and now our production manager is using this software for our staff. It can be used as a time clock, for messages and alerts, for accountability of workers tasks, personnel scheduling, and much more. We plan to take full advantage of all it can do for us. We seem to find something new every day that this can do for us. For the price, along with the excellent support whenever needed, it is one of the best values I have found in a long time. I cannot recall a time in my career that I have been excited about a labeler!

Cons

I think we will have to use this a bit longer to find something we don't like about this. The one item we changed was that the labeler comes with 1" x 1" labels, which were too small for our use. Our account manager sent us the labels we needed immediately.

Michael from Mount Hope Estate & Winery

Great software for scheduling, food & beverage companies

I have cut my time that is spent making the schedule down from the previous program I used.

Pros

I have the ability to schedule as many positions to multiple employees for our Renaissance faire food and beverage staff..this is crucial when I need to have an employee work in multiple locations through out the day.

Cons

I am unable to send the schedule to just a select employee or employees. Currently I have to send it to the entire staff.

Reasons for Choosing Jolt

The staff is able to download the App on their cell phone and put in requests off as well as the ability to use Bluetooth thermometers with the App

Eldridge from Chickfila

The Safety and Productivity Solution!

The experience has been great through and through! It's been a huge time saver. It's saved us time, and time equals money, in various areas of our business. You can download the names of your staff who in which are on your schedule, and it helps in keeping you and your team accountable.

Pros

My most favorite feature of Jolt would be its assistance in helping the team meet food safety. This feature eliminates any handwritten and/or guessing shelf life for products, as the corporate guidelines for holding procedures are already downloaded on the application.

Cons

Depending on how tech and app savvy your managerial team is, customization is based on what works for your particular team. Therefore customization is up to us and could be pretty sloppy, which ends up being productivity lost searching for a particular label.

Reasons for Choosing Jolt

Time saver, assists in food safety, accountability, no film left behind from printed labels

easy to use

ease of scheduling and how it lists the employees, the are all consolidated on one page which makes it easier to find their contact information

Pros

i like how it automatically sends us emails to show us our weekly schedule. request for time off or communicate with your boss is effective.

Cons

that it doesnt send daily text reminders or sync to your calendar on my iphone, i have to input it myself or open my email to view my schedule

Brittani from Chick-fil-A

Industry: Restaurants

Fantastic- when it works.

Jolt has greatly improved our food scores since we began using it. It has gotten our team members in the habit of labelling everything because it is easy-to-use and has all pertinent information readily available. The issue is getting technical problems resolved in an appropriate manner; our printer has been unusable for a total of over 2 months out of the 10 months which we have had it.

Pros

The label feature for all food products has really helped us to drastically increase our food safety scores by clearly indicating when a particular product must be used by. We no longer have to mentally recall the hundreds of various hold times we have for all of our products and their ingredients, because all of that information is easily stored in the Jolt system and prints out with the touch of a button. The labels are also much higher quality than other sticker systems we have tried in the past, making dish washing much easier because they are removed easily with zero sticky residue.

Cons

The software, in our experience, is offline often. We contacted Customer Service multiple times to try to correct the issue but were instructed that we may need to send the entire printer back to be serviced and that we would get it back after the repair was complete in 2-3 months. The printer system is pricey to begin with, so it did not seem like an appropriate solution to be without what we were paying for, for multiple months. We also have issues with the calibration lining up with the stickers perfectly, but have discovered that if you gently pull on each sticker before printing it will line up more accurately.

Traci from Good Shepherd Community Clinic, Inc.

Pretty good for the cost.

Overall, I am happy with the experience. There are some options that I would like to have added, but it is saving me some time.

Pros

The cost and the function that allows team members to edit their own punches. Huge time saver for me.

Cons

I would like to see integration of Paid Time Off / Vacation hours. We have a set schedule in our clinic, so the scheduling function is a little cumbersome. I understand this approach for restaurants or other types of businesses, but the ability to track / enter Paid time off would be very helpful. I also would like the report option to be different. I would like a report that gave daily, weekly and pay period totals per employee. I have to manually adjust the excel sheet to figure overtime hours.

Elizabeth from Jellystone

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great for Schedules!

This is an incredibly easy tool for scheduling employees. It really makes calculating hours much easier.

Pros

I love the ease of use with this software, and the navigation of different employees' schedules. Its easy to insert times and easy to post once it is completed. We also love that there is an app! It's up to date with the times, and with younger employees, technology and ease of access is everything. We also love the referral program. We haven't had anyone actually join yet, but we recommend Jolt to everyone.

Cons

We had a couple issues with getting employees the link to actually view their schedule. It would get lost or just not even send. There should just be a way for us to preset a password for the employee and once they log in it asks them to reset it.

Jessica from Moe's Original BBQ

Industry: Restaurants

Jolt has helped me not have to micromanage

Pros

You can make it whatever you want. We have opening, mid day, and closing checklists. We also you use it for inventory and employee meetings as it is able to send out notifications to managers. The customer service we have had is quick and thorough.

Cons

Nothing. It is exactly what it says it is.

Tonisha from Holiday Inn Austin

Checklist Heaven

Pros

Love being able to keep up with daily task using this software, and being able to track who's completing these task with a time stamp is amazing

Cons

I would love if it would sync a little bit faster but considering how many devices our company uses its expected to have a bit of delay

Alyssa from Hospitality

JOLT IS AMAZING!!!

Checklists have been an issue with for us and this platform allows us to not only ensure everything has gotten done but allows us to keep our team members accountable for their performed tasks. Additionally, labels are THE BEST!!! They print in the flash of an eye and we now have pens in our office! Pens would disappear constantly because we would handwrite every label for all our food items. Now we have pens and there is no questioning who prepared an item, when or at what point it expires.

Pros

I love the functionality of the product. You can customize everything! The support team provides templates based on your company - we are with Chick-fil-A so many of the templates that were provided to us were specific to Chick-fil-A based on other stores utilizing JOLT. This made our introduction and implementation of JOLT seamless! Sarah, our training/support/mentor extraordinaire is INCREDIBLE!!!! It took us an unusually long period of time to get to the point we could implement JOLT in our store and she was patient, kind, supportive and overall amazing with every snag, delay and setback we encountered (none of that was JOLT, it was ALL on our end). Once we did get implemented - she was AMAZING in providing training and support!!!

Cons

Thus far, none. Only that we have waited so long to get it implemented!

Brandon from Talen Pizza

Pretty good overall

bad the time I've saved building my schedule is astronomical. Everything is just so easy to move around. After I put some projections in, I can see plainly how much money i'm wasting on labor and where I'm understaffed. Also, when I used to build my schedules, I would get complaints from employees all the time about how I scheduled them on a day they wanted off or outside of their availability or too little or too many hours or whatever the case may be. Now I get hardly any and when I do, I can say "well did you give me your availability?" The answer is always no and then it's their responsibility to solve it

Pros

The administrative side of the software is pretty intuitive, but advanced enough to really customize. I have not had a lot of time to play around with the other features just yet, but the scheduler is top notch. I especially like being able to make a template with unassigned employees. Every week I just drag and drop my crucial shifts to the people that can fit them and then build my schedule from there. Really the schedule building feature is just fantastic overall. I must have saved at least 6 hours of time every week since I started using Jolt if not more. Having availability and time off requests laid out over the scheduler is so nice. I employ a lot of college students whose availability can change weekly. Them having the ability to change their availability on the fly is incredibly useful for me. I used to compare my schedule to hand written notes and an availability spreadsheet. I couldn't imagine going back. Last thing I have to add is the customer service from Jolt is top notch. And I mean REALLY great. They set me up with a personal representative of which I have all contact information I need to contact at anytime directly. Every time I send an email to Jolt, it is answered almost immediately. If I bring up a question they don't have an answer for, the make an effort to find it and always get back to me. My rep Johnathan is like the friendliest guy I've ever talked to. The Customer service of this company is reason enough to purchase the software.

Cons

The fact that it is browser based. I don't care how fast your connection is, sometimes it's going to lag. Also, what's with needing an iPad for half the features?. What if I want someone to be able to see everyone on the schedule, but not change the schedule? And by far the most annoying thing is the Jolt Lite app. It's not intuitive so I end up putting availability in myself for employees that can't figure it out. The interface of the app looks pretty bare. Like a webpage from the late 90's. When I get a push notification, it would be nice if the app opened up to whatever it is I need to approve/deny instead of the default page I set, or the last page I was on. And availability is set as "unavailable to work?" It should really be changed to when the employee is available to work, or call it "Unavailability" or something, it's just confusing.

Marie from Tropical Smoothie Cafe

A New Era for Business

I use Jolt for the Food Industry. It is straight forward and easy to use. I publish my schedule, manage requests, set lists, and manage people. I am also able to send announcements and track my labor goals. I use it daily and it has become my main use for most things.

Pros

I love how easy it is to pick up on. I was capable of teaching myself with ease. I love the schedule and how employees can create a prefered avaiability as well as request off and swap shifts with others at my approval. It informs me immediately when someone makes a request, and I am able to set it so employees have to give x days prior notice for their request as well as a reason. I also enjoy the variety of options I have for creating my checklists. They can be as thorough as I want and notify me when I want. My employees also find Jolt easy to use. Most of them figure it out on there own and have had no problems using it. I also use their Jolt printer system, which is extremely useful and honestly could not have been created any better. The stickers do not leave residue! The support is also great. Theyre always open to ideas and tend to be very fast pace when assisting you. I love how willing they are to expand in new features/ideas. There are many other benefits to Jolt, but I have listed the big ones I discovered using.

Cons

My one con is the text notifications recieved from Jolt. You can set so that is a checklist is overdue, out of range, etc, you can be notified via text. This is a great thing; however, the texts can be overwhelming in the sense of how it is formated. It could be because I own an Android and not an Apple device (which is what I understand it is mainly used with), but my text notifications get broken up instead of being all in one. I have seen my co worker use her iphone with it, and her notifications are all in one. With that said, I have noticed they have been improving it.

Nicole from Zaxby's CCAM Troy, LLC

Great Experience

I was approached by Jolt to try their product. No other locations from my company have tried this company so I had no comparisons or reviews. After checking around, the price made it worth the investment. Once we received the product it has changed our process in a positive way. The main features we use include the List, Labels, and Schedule. We were using hand written labels before Jolt because other company labeling equipment was too expensive. With our past hand written labels faced issues with labels falling off, unable to read the hand writing, and the employees did not do a great job looking for items that expired. With Jolt the labels stick to the container very well, is has the expiration written on the label making it more simple for my employees, and there's no question about date or time. We were using paper copies for our multiple list (Typically 6-8 list per day) List would disappear, become dirty, or just not be completed. Jolt has made this task more simple with the added feature of a log book making communication easier to all of the employees. This has reduced our usage of paper, toner, and extending the life of the drum for our printer. I can easily access all list and review a date, time, and employee that completed the list. This helps cut down on my time used for performance reviews. The scheduling section has also been great. Employees can use a free app from their phone to view schedule and submit request. Creating schedules is easier and more time efficient. The only option I would like added would to be able to view the schedule and my request side by side before I approve the request. With the current process I have to look at the request and then go to the schedule to see if I am able to accommodate the request. I do have 35-40 employees with a majority those being college students with school schedules and personal request to try to work with.

Pros

How it has helped the store become more efficient.

Cons

I need labels I can adjust or have available for Raw Chicken to have all the information required by headquarters on one label.

Corder from Country Club Mall Chick-fil-A

Jolt Software Review

We have been using Jolt at my restaurant now for around 2 years. We love the customization options that Jolt includes, how easy it is to use, and how much more neat and organized our restaurant looks since we began using Jolt. Jolt has allowed us to toss out our old paper checklists and gave us checklists on tablets. Having our checklists and information all in one place made our checklists easier to access and has given our restaurant a more professional environment. We have also watched the productivity of our team rise as a result of using Jolt in the restaurant. We also use this software to create and send out our weekly shift schedule to the whole team. The mobile app then allows team members to request shift trades when needed straight through the app itself. Then, once a shift trade request has been submitted, the manager of that shift can then approve or deny the shift trade right on the app. This saves time, and is a great deal less effort than having to make phone calls all day to find someone to cover a shift. Myself, as well as my team, highly recommend this software to anyone or any company in need of a game changer. This software will be the tool that helps you and your team get to the next level.

Pros

Easy of Use, Customization, Features, Scheduling, Mobile App, Labels, Checklists and Information in Central Location

Cons

Goal setting not built in. App sometimes does not read (connect to) printer on the first attempt.

Matthew from Flip Out (Stoke & Chester)

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Jolt has revolutionised the operational aspects of our business.

- Increased efficiency - Accountability - Tangible statistics on operational performance - Ability to compare site performance - Notifications when important tasks aren't completed - Improved communication with team - Ability to support management team without being on site - Flexibility to easily change operations - Autonomy for management team to create their own lists to improve the running of the stores - Complete visibility of the operations in the business - Streamlined scheduling

Pros

Prior to Jolt, two of the biggest frustrations in our business were time spent on scheduling and finding out that simple operational tasks had not been completed. Jolt has solved both of these issues. The employee app with functionality to set availability, request shift swaps and holidays has streamlined the whole scheduling process and freed up important management man-hours. The lists functionality is invaluable and has revolutionised the operational aspect of the business. Being able to create tasks ranging from daily cleaning right up to annual audits has allowed us to pre-plan the whole year knowing that nothing will be forgotten. The notifications and review section has created accountability that would not be possible without this software. I never imagined we would have such control and visibility of the day to day running of the business.

Cons

I believe a few tweaks could be made to the time clock and scheduling and I would love to see an area specifically made for inductions and training.

Caprinia from Culver's of Galena, IL

Great Tool!

We have been using Jolt in our restaurant for about a month. The setup took a little bit of time, but once that was complete, the use of it is great! I love how modular it is. Even within the same company there can be little differences between locations. This software realizes that. The options available make it functional for any paper list, form, etc. Not to mention that every action is time/date stamped! It is great to know when things are actually getting done. I also really appreciate the "real-time" view that I have into my operations even when I am not physically there given the push notifications and range alerts that I have set up. We have been able to mitigate a few situations that weren't being highlighted given our previous methods of data collection and were being overlooked. The price is right where I would expect it to be. The value is great for the product, service, and online information.

Pros

I like that this helps eliminate the paper in the store and requiring the manager's to "proof" every little part when they are busy managing the shift. Time-stamps are wonderful. The modular ability of being able to build what you need is great. Setting up pushes for the lists and forms at specific times is a great tool to help keep the team on track daily. I appreciate the notifications that I can create for any form. We haven't yet utilized the point system, but our team is excited to use it in contests. I anticipate it will be a great motivational tool.

Cons

The build-out for getting it functional was time consuming. I did not have any templates to work from. If I had those, it would have been much more streamlined, but would still require an investment of time.

Sabrina from Chick-fil-A

Industry: Restaurants

Very functional, Easy to Use and a great tool for communication

Pros

I love that I am able to customize it for my restaurants needs. We have a lot of information and to be able to have one platform to trickle that information down is easy. From the lists, to labels and bulk imports, it is very easy to use. I also really love their customer service as they are always willing to answer any question I have, big or small and they really value feedback from "in the trenches" and strive to provide us the functionality we crave in this platform. I help establish this platform for several restaurants and file sharing and information is so easy in regards on how to build it, share it and import it.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. Every time it seems to get close to being "outdated" or not as easy to use, they ask for a call so they can help walk you through an update. They ask for feedback and listen so most of our needs are met and are done so in a timely manner. They make me feel like our restaurant is the only one they work with however I know they take feedback from many many restaurants and it helps to know everyone's concerns and voices are heard.

Danielle from Crepes Bonaparte

Love it for our food trucks & catering operations

We use Jolt to manage the operations for our food trucks and catering services. Since we are totally mobile and often have many events occurring simultaneously, the Lists feature allows for greater oversight and accountability when it's impossible to be everywhere at one time. Jolt has greatly improved the communication between everyone in our team by utilizing the Announcements features. I love that information can be instantly sent out to our staff, we can verify that they read the information, and, most importantly, that they understand the information by requiring quick quizzes based on the topics covered. Moving away from traditional pen and paper checklists and cumbersome communications binders has been overwhelmingly embraced by everyone. We have also seen a reduction in our food waste by utilizing the Date Code Labels. Marking our food items with a clearly readable expiration date has greatly improved our "first in, first out" practices. Additionally, stamping each prepped item with the name of the staff member who prepared it has forced greater accountability that all food items are prepared correctly (and allows management to address individually anyone who needs re-training on preparing a specific item). Lastly, I can't say enough good things about Jolt support. They are extremely responsive and helpful when questions arise, and the application is constantly improving with new features added based on customer requests and feedback. We have used Jolt for a little over a year now, and I wish we had started using it years ago!

Jon from Toppers Pizza

Jolt is a NO BRAINER for serious restaurateurs

Before Jolt we were using those ancient relics known as paper checklists. Accountability for completing those checklists was a constant battle. We were literally throwing money in the trash when checklist items were missed or ignored. NOT ANYMORE. Not only does Jolt provide superb accountability and reduce pencil-whipping to a bare minimum. The team members love it! Nobody wants to work in a restaurant that's living in the past with outdated paper checklists. Their are too many great features within Jolt to rave about every single one of them. (and they constantly add new features and functionality.) But I can tell you that we save WAY more money than the minimal cost of this program. Productivity is up, accountability is up, cleanliness is up, morale is up and profits are up! The product date labeling feature in Jolt is worth the cost on its own. Do yourself a favor and take the time for a demo on the program and see for yourself. If you aren't on Jolt, chances are your competitors are and you do NOT want them to have this competitive over you. I just can't say enough about how much I love Jolt!

Pros

The ability to measure our success or failure and the ability to hold people accountable down to the minute and second an item was completed.

Cons

You will "nerd out" and want to do nothing but write Jolt checklists all day long.

Taran from Costa Vida

Jolt Zebra printer

I have been using our new printer for Jolt and I LOVE IT! I really love the fact that every item prepped now is labeled with who prepped it, when they did so, and the EXACT time of expiration. The fact that it uses the internal clock to time stamp items is amazing. This keeps everyone honest. There is no fudging times or dates to extend foods shelf life. The ease of use is incredible. I mean there is not much more to say on that. It took us a couple of tries to figure out the best way to label our items received from Sysco but then a simple answer occurred to me. Before even starting to put up the truck, simply read the invoice and print ALL labels needed and it is a breeze! After that more specific labels can be made using the custom label. We use it to mark the weights of our meats so now daily inventory is a snap. No more trying to decipher messy handwriting. I have even gone so far as to use it to label items for caterings to give things a more professional look. I do wish that custom labels could be saved for repeat use. That is maybe my only complaint about this printer. I keep it in my office to save it from the wear and tear of daily kitchen activities. It is an extremely helpful device that has streamlined our labeling and made it much more effective as well. Having this now and using it all day every day, I hate to think of life without it. Thank you,

Pros

Ease of use. Pictures and date stamps that keep employees honest. training new employees is a breeze.

Cons

Lack of ability to personalize to individual locations needs or preferances

Denise from Black Swan Lakeside Boutique Hotel & Spa

Not quite perfect but support is excellent and they take on board suggestions for changes

Pros

The scheduling side is excellent. Easy to use from both our employees point of view and payroll. Great record keeping. The list creation is sometimes a little confusing but support is always quick to respond and very helpful. The lists are a great tool for staff and we have found that being able to adjust them as needed to get the best result from the staff members actually responsible for completing the lists is pretty easy. We supply and sell food onsite to our guests which brings with it all sorts of food hygiene expectations from local government and a large amount of record keeping for this. The lists we have developed allow us to complete all requirements on Jolt with easy access when needing to audit the results. All staff find completing them easy. Auditing the correct completion of the lists by staff is also simple. This leads to higher compliance and can also be used as a performance tool with staff management.

Tyler from Chopt Creative Salad Co.

Everything in One Place

We now have 40 locations using Jolt for our daily checklists and logs. It is great having quick access to any list or food safety log in a matter of seconds. It has improved our team's accountability in getting the necessary details completed accurately on a daily basis. Not only does it help set the restaurant up for success in serving our customers, the Health Department also appreciates our electronic temperature logs! Some features I would like to see improve are capabilities within the way lists can be setup, such as conditional formatting and multiple items under a parent item. I would also like to see more customization around notifications. The notifications are one of the best features of Jolt! The goods news is, the Jolt team is very receptive to feedback and always tries to make client's ideas come to life. Overall, I would highly recommend Jolt to any restaurant looking to streamline their systems and eliminate all of the paper and clip boards!

Pros

The lists capabilities are currently the biggest benefit to us, but we have also started testing the Zebra printer and scheduling.

Cons

We like the scheduling feature but since it does not integrate with our systems, it's not the best option for us. I would also like to see more customization for the way lists can be configured, such as conditional formatting and more that one measurable under a parent item. More customization surrounding notifications would be helpful as well.

Scott from Smoothie King

Allows me to successfully operate multiple stores without having to be in every store, every day.

Pros

Jolt gives me time back everyday, by allowing me to easily review each checklist from my computer, no matter where I am at. This ensures critical maintenance tasks are being completed on a daily basis, saving both time and money on potential costly repairs. The list feature, helps me confirm temperature logs are being completed, the ice machine is being cleaned routinely, and much, much more. I use the list feature to ensure deposits are being made daily, I can see the deposit receipts stapled to the end of day summary's without having to be at each store. My employees love the labeling machine! The labeling machine saves time and money, by offering a consistent, streamlined labeling process. Receiving orders takes much less time. Previously we were manually filling out labels, which took up to 20-30 minutes, two times a week. With the Jolt labeling we don't have to worry about incorrect dating, or wondering who labeled something. We go through a lot less labels as well.

Cons

I would like to see the schedule linked to the lists. Besides that, Jolt has been a great products and given me back so much time, and less worrying about something getting done.

Luke from Chick-fil-A Garners Ferry

Streamlined Management Processes

Cost savings on labels. Time saving on tasks. Team is more motivated. Training is easier with a streamlined process. Food safety is easier to implement with simple labeling process.

Pros

Jolt takes your everyday tasks and lets you create checklists that managers and team members can complete while at work. Team can earn points for each task completed, helping to create motivation. Jolt food date labels are extremely cost effective (we saved on labels alone after switching from another labeling company). The wireless printer is awesome! Print from any connected iPad in the store. We were able to get rid of all the different binders and papers we had and just go with a single iPad in the managers' station.

Cons

I would like to see better development on scoring. I would like to be able to view score in a category (such as cleanliness) and compare this week to the week before or last month to current month. Scoring is a huge opportunity that needs more development! Also, there's no way to "clear" a checklist without checking it off (sometimes leads to someone just checking everything off to clear the list). Once a list is no longer applicable, it would be better to just clear it rather than having to check every item.

Chris from Liv-eat Fresh Eating

JOLT- A fantastic piece of software

We engaged Jolt to eliminate our daily paper checklists in our franchise business. We had looked at a number of solutions and decided to give Jolt a trial. The software is extremely easy to use from the back end, user friendly on the front end and bug free. We do no have any issues with glitches and it synchronises within seconds with new updates. This means we can update the whole group in a matter of seconds. Staff don't even need to be notified of small changes to lists . We can control duties simply by adding them to a list and as the staff work through they may stumble across a new item. The system ensures accountability by giving each staff member a login. Lists can be reviewed at any time by allocated mangers/higher access. We also use Jolt for all audits. i.e safety, presentation, cleanliness etc. Each store then receives instants feedback and a total score via email automatically. Managers can then look through their weaknesses and work on getting them corrected. Usually this process would take personal from head office to communicate and follow up. I have never written a review as i'm often time poor but this piece of software and support from Jolt is fantastic and worth every cent.

Pros

It works

Cons

Login could be a touch faster as you need to find your name.

Ben from Zarraffas Coffee, QSR Coffee

Jolt your business

I have been using Jolt for around 3 years. I have also encouraged many other to use the product in operating their Quick Service restaurants as I feel it is an amazing operational tool. Prior to using Jolt I was creating my own intranet to manage tasks, projects, employee details, etc. Jolt could fulfill all of these requirements and ran on IOS making hardware implementation simple. I have seen the feature set grow over the years and am confident the product will continue to evolve.

Pros

IOS (although would be nice to have it run on Android too,) great at tasks / list management.

Cons

Bad UX design both on client and web / back end. Communications (announcements) requires time clock use (i have submitted this several times). Cannot assign tasks to security groups (only allows individuals), reporting on client is rough. A bit better on backend, but still challenging,.

Sharon from Renaissance Fun Park

A must-have for a service based industry

We have opening procedure lists, closing lists, cleaning lists, new hire training lists, and even incident forms which automatically send to my insurance agent when they're filled out. This product is vital to any small business.

Pros

Accountability! Ask your employee, "hey did you clean the bathroom like I asked?" they'll say yes every time. Give them a Jolt list asking them to take a photo of a clean bathroom and sign off that they completed it and you'll be amazed at the results. I apply points to each check list item and give out prizes to the top point earners each month. Now my employees are accountable for their actions and rewarded for a job well done. Bonus: New hires have a thorough guideline of how to complete regular talks by walking through a check list.

Cons

The ability to bulk-change lists could be more user friendly. Right now the process can be quite tedious if you're like me and have long lists that need editing.

Cade from Hawaiian Falls Waterparks

A Step Above the Rest

To start off, Jolt has become a major part of our daily operations since we decided to partner with them. From the extensive amount of checklists, to the sheer number of daily users, Jolt has been able to deliver a user friendly and efficient experience to our staff. Support from the Jolt team is amazing, as they help guide you through your initial training and ongoing training as you continue to learn the functionality of their system. You will be amazed at how many applications you can now use Jolt for. They are truly with you every step of the way. If you are in search of an operations software platform, you have found your answer! Jolt is perfect for the job! We have been able to operate with increased safety and our park leadership has been able to more effectively and efficiently perform their duties.

Pros

The user interface is very user friendly. We are able to adapt almost any tool from Jolt and find a way to apply it into our current procedures. They staff has become more efficient at their duties, and we know that the feedback provided is secure and accurate.

Cons

Nothing!

Collin from Fiesta Fun

Super useful with room to grow

We are a family fun center, so we have a large variety of tasks for employees to accomplish. Jolt helps make these tasks clear to employees and helps us managers follow up if tasks aren't completed well. The software has a ton of potential, but you can tell the company is still figuring out how to keep the apps running properly across different platforms. There are also some strangely missing features that you might think should be obvious in this kind of program.

Pros

I love being able to create custom lists to fit all kinds of purposes. Having employees log in and earn points is cool too. It's nice to look back and see who did what.

Cons

The app can get extremely slow. There are extra features in their Jolt 2 app, but it is a buggy mess that crashes to the point of not being usable. There isn't a good way to leave comments on items without flagging the item as something that needs to be addressed and cleared.

Jolt Employee Task Management Review

Jolt has solved problems with productivity and food safety. It is simple to label products and improve our stores efficiency with daily checklists that the team has to complete.

Pros

Jolt's label maker feature has changed the culture of our restaurant from a time consuming and not done all the time task of labeling products, to having a quick and efficient way to track our products and who is preparing them. Another benefit is customizable checklists that ensures you don't have to micromanage the business and allows you to put more in your teams hands.

Cons

The scheduling concept is good but difficult to integrate into our current payroll and clock-in system.

Caitlyn from Romp N Stomp

Jolt Review

The support staff has been beyond amazing in supporting our company's first few months on Jolt. She is extremely helpful and doesn't mind walking us through various process multiple times. Jolt is great because of how much it offers, and how many functions you can use it for. However, although she has gone through and helped us out immensely and spent a lot of time getting us started, this system is not easy to use right away. Most functions have so many steps and options that it becomes confusing and overwhelming. I would like Jolt more if it was more user friendly. Overall the product is great, I would like it more if it didn't take so long to figure out and didn't have so many complex options.

Pros

It is a one stop shop for many business needs. Jolt offers so many different functions that make streamlining everything easy.

Cons

This software is more complex and difficult to navigate than any software we have ever used. I don't care for how the scheduling is set up. For example, if we want to change one person's shift, you must first unlock the schedule, change the persons shift, and then publish the schedule again, which notifies every single employee every single time someone else's schedule gets changed. On when to work, all you have to do is click on that person's shift, change it, and once you hit save only they receive the notification.

Aaron from Flying Saucer Pizza

Jolt transforms our workforce into an efficient well-oiled, agile machine

Massive operational efficiency.

Pros

Jolt has given us visibility into our day-to-day operations. It allows us to see where we exceed and where we fall short. Jolt provides the mechanism for operational efficiencies which can't be achieved with paper checklists. We love that we can organize every day in advance and ensure we're in compliance with food safety practices using checklists, food labels, and temperature probes. Jolt is our future manual for franchisees to perform their day-to-day operations.

Cons

Bluetooth label printers don't always connect but this is more of a hardware issue than Jolt's issue.

Erica from Smoothie King

My experience with Jolt has been amazing. The team made the setup of our 3 locations a breeze.

Pros

The support you get from the Jolt Team is great. They are quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Scheduling now takes us half the time it did before. We manage multiple stores in two states and this system has made us much more efficient and able to hold our team accountable for task that need to be completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. We also save time and money on training and daily operations by using the Jolt dating system and printer.

Cons

Our goal with Jolt was to eliminate paper (Time off request, School Schedules, Checklist, etc.) and it has been able to do that for us. The last thing we are converting to paperless is our cup count form. Travis was able to help us build one in Jolt but it would be even better if the list would calculate the totals. To setup up everything does take time but the bulk importing and ability to assign list to multiple locations makes it much easier.

Justin from URBAN JUICE PRESS

Very practical software for any business needing to organize staff schedule

ease of use and organization

Pros

Ease of use to create and send out the staff schedule and the fact that it's mobile friendly for all the staff to use anywhere. Nobody can miss a shift because everyone carries a phone these days :)

Cons

When creating a template for the whole staff schedule and using it for a following week, you're able to easily create the template but implementing it in the following week doesn't allow the shift blocks to be assigned to the same people as the previous week. The shift blocks copy over but don't get inserted under each employee as was copied from the template creation feature.

Matthew from The Holbrook Club

Excellent software to help keep you in control of your business

giving me greater control of my teams, helping control our H&S and giving the teams the ability to manage their days better.

Pros

The Jolt software gives you everything you need to manage daily, monthly and ad-hoc tasks for your team and helps your team keep track of what they should be doing. I found the setup to be very easy and straight forward Jolt customer training and online training videos are excellent and make the entire process very easy. Depending on the number of departments you have (we have 5) I would suggest rolling this out to one or two departments at a time and use their feedback to fine-tune it before rolling out to others. I also found it easier to initially set up just a few checklists to get the teams use to them before adding more and I would strongly recommend encouraging team feedback. Jolt offers very good value for money for a number of features it has and the support is excellent from the Jolt team, we had this up and running within two weeks of signing up. The software is very adaptive and I would say you are only limited by your own imagination on how you use it.

Cons

Not a lot to be honest! I think it would be great to see some more functionality added to the logbook to flag issues to specific people.

Ryan from Chick-fil-A

Industry: Food Production

Jolt has helped us create accountability in specific areas of the business.

Labels and one consolidated place for checklists.

Pros

The interface is smooth, and users who are completing a checklist or task are able "check off" items with ease. It can be set up to be crystal clear on the expectation and purpose of a specific checklist. It allows all checklists, daily, weekly, monthly tasks, etc. to be in one consolidated place. E-mails can be generated and sent to key-leaders with not only the results of a checklist, but if a checklist is late, or has not been completed. As a high-level leader who is not in the operation daily, this helps me track our progress and put a pulse on the accountability my leadership team is holding the team to.

Cons

The end result is the best - all checklists in one place. The creation process can seem daunting, but once you have the hang of it, it is relatively easy.

Jon from Hurts Donut Co.

Jolt: so good it Hurts!

Jolt is amazing, I've used it with several companies that I have worked for and it is the only program I CONTINUALLY RECCOMEND! Great program and even better customer service!

Pros

Easy to use, and teach. Does exactly what I want it to, easy upload and great program for restaurant accountability-

Cons

I would like the program to coordinate with square software to track sales and labor through the schedule- that would be amazing.

Christi from Blue Coast Burrito - Cookeville

Industry: Restaurants

WOW! What a great additiona!

We were struggling with the ability to track who was doing (or not doing) what with our checklists and systems. JOLT has truly given us control over what our restaurant looks like, how our food is prepared, and how closely we are following health department regulations. We are now able to hold our employees accountable when the job is less than our expectations, as well as rewards those that are going above and beyond what is required. Anytime I have had any questions or issues with the product, Dan has been able to answer all my questions and point me in the right direction. I strongly recommend JOLT to anyone who has employees! :)

Pros

Cons

Data entry when establishing - but now I find out that Dan would be willing to set that all up for me, so wish I would have had him when we first started using JOLT! :)

Michael from Boston Pizza Centre on Barton

Finally a way to get stuff done

Jolt helps you put accountability back into a check list. Having had opening and closing check list before, Jolt has transformed these into actually getting done. Requiring staff to scan, take pictures, or record certain items has moved us to getting the list completed 100%. It's as if I am there with them to ensure it gets done. This is probably the best product that I have used to ensure our systems are completed 100%, Jolt is worth every penny!

Pros

Accountability of staff, seeing what they are saying they are completing. Getting list done.

Cons

Nothing really, it's a great program and easy to use

Elizabeth from Arrington Management Group

Industry: Food Production

Jolt has made the day to day operations in our restaurants much more efficient!

We are able to track temperature and cash register balancing history easily and remotely. For example, if our maintenance team asks if a piece of equipment has been staying in temp, it can be easily checked by reviewing the history of temperatures for that piece of equipment. As supervisors of 7 food service locations, Jolt also allows us to monitor the balancing of our registers remotely by having an email sent any time the store does not balance. It also allows our management team to complete store checks every shift to ensure that the store meets company standards. This has made for cleaner and safer restaurants.

Pros

As supervisors of multiple food service restaurants it is easy to miss crucial information. With Jolt, when a piece of equipment is temped out of range or a safe does not balance we are automatically sent an email and made aware of the issue. This prompt notification allows us to ensure corrective action is made immediately.

Cons

The only con we have noticed is that the app cannot alert you a list has become available unless the app is opened. This has caused some of our managers to forget to do lists. We have found a work around by setting alarms on the iPad reminding the management team that the list is now available to complete.

Geraldine from Chick-fil-A

Very helfpul, very convenient!

Pros

Love that this can be an app where Employees can easily access their schedule, release, switch, and pick up shifts and even request time off and change their availability. It makes very important information so simple and easy to communicate. I just love this, we use it a lot for work.

Cons

I just wish the times are in 15 min increments instead of only hourly. Makes it easier to check how many people is scheduled per 15 minutes at a glance.

Courtney from FatCats

Courtney Lauti

We use this tool as a check and balance tool. Jolt works great for that purpose alone. I also use it as a training tool for my locations. I wish that Jolt had a better tool for that to track it better by just the name of the team member.

Pros

It take a lot of time off of the managers plate. Its a valuable tool to get items done and in a timley manner. Keeps you informed on productivity if the team members and lack of.

Cons

Wish there was a better platform for training. Would like a video option on check list sections. I would like to be able to pull up a team members name and see what they have done and still need to test on and scores.

John from The Big Salad

Jolt contributes to "Brand" excellence

As a fast growing national franchise, being able to replicate quality and customer satisfaction is paramount to success. Jolt provides a platform which allows our restaurant to quickly replicate consistency for our franchisees which turns into providing our customers with the experience they seek.

Pros

Centralized master library of data which can be customized to our specifications and rolled out through technology that all levels in the restaurant can easily use to do their role.

Cons

As an emerging national chain and being a front runner in the use of technology to assist our growth, Jolt offers a suite of great tools and we are pushing for enhancements that will make our use even better.

Marc from Balance Pan-Asian Grille

September 2016

An excellent Balance of ease and efficiency!

Jolt has changed the game for Balance Grille's daily operations. From opening and closing procedures utilizing the "Lists" tab, to posting announcements and keeping recipes and training videos handy in the "Info" section. We also use the "Log Book" by leaving notes/comments in the checklists, opening another channel of communication between staff and management. Jolt has helped us keep employees on task and held accountable for their work in ways that benefit our bottom line and daily proficiency.

Pros

Quick learning curve. Communication and notifications for management.

Cons

Software is still in development, the more we use the more features we want! Scheduling for multiple locations is not where it could be, but they are working on solutions. The reporting could be a bit easier to pull data and comprehend.

Kyle from Chick-fil-A

Great labels! Haven't explored other things

Pros

Labels are awesome! I honestly don';t have much experience with any of the other features. However, the labels save time. They are super easy to use. And my team members put labels on everything willingly without grumbling The customer support has been awesome when I needed printer assistance. They updated the user interface to assist us! Great all around

Toni from JACK Entertainment LLC

Going Digital

We just recently started using JOLT in our facility. The process to build checklists and temp logs was painless. Adam has been a great support with weekly follow ups and always available in between those check points for any additional assistance. We are running JOLT out of one restaurant right now just to work out any kinks and ensure our team has a solid grasp on the program. The program is easy to use, especially with using the bluetooth thermometer that automatically records temps right to the ipad with a push of a button. Since adding adding JOLT we have reduced the time it takes a cook to record temps by over 50% and our cold food complaints have reduced and food quality scores have risen. Here are a few suggestions and requests that we would like to be added or available in the near future. 1) a thermal bluetooth thermometer 2) a dashboard feature for the Review category, it would be great to have one spot with key information 3) email capabilities for reports and graphs 4) adding an alert function for when the ipad has not synched in an X amount of hours or days 5) offering an ipad carry case with a neck/shoulder strap. We found one that is durable and the manager or chef can wear carry on them while making rounds, it is the best thing. When it is sitting on the desk, it is out of sight out of mind lists were always overdue or not completed. since getting the shoulder strap, our completion percentage continues to go up. We look forward to adding our next location and starting them on using JOLT soon.

Tzip from EPIC CULINARY

A great program that works with a growing business. It was very easy to learn and to train employees

Pros

Quick login, neat site, great customer service that is always looking out for us. The program is simple enough to train other employees in just a few short minutes.

Samantha from Cluck n Cleaver

Jolt

Pros

Jolt is very easy to use and their staff are available for help whenever needed. We find it's super productive for keeping staff on track with the lists feature.

Cons

We often find difficulties with the printer and troubleshooting it when necessary, which is a few times a week as of late.

Michael from The Lumberyard Bike Park

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

An indispenible part of our service excellence!

Less micromanaging. More productive staff.

Pros

This product really helps us optimize our retail staff productivity and remain engaged in their jobs. Task are easy to manage once everything is set up.

Cons

Would love a feature to more easily manage maintenance schedules on a large number customer equipment (ie. rental bikes).

Cheryl from La Forketta Singapore

Well worth the money and absolutely perfect support

Pros

This software is indeed an user friendly software, yet it is also very powerful. The first time I was introduced to this software, I thought I would take a long time to learn because this software has so many features. Well, I was wrong, I took only a solid 1 week to build all of the basic things and use the software fully. My super helpful trainer, helped me to get through all of the introduction process and trained me so that I can start using the software ASAP. Knowing that building an account from zero was not easy, but He really supported me all the way. Big thanks to him that I am now able to operate this software maximally and teach my colleagues to use this software as well. This software is highly recommended specially for the Food and Beverage Industry.

Cons

This software does not provide other languages (besides English) for the users, so it will be difficult to use for the users that are not English-spoken.