Browse Bill4Time Reviews

Jason from Sage Law Partners, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Clean, easy to use billing software

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Francisco from Colon Ramirez LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Bill4Time got me started, helped me survive Hurricane Maria, and helped me survive covid-19

Awesome. My only thorn is what I wrote in the first "Con".

Pros

It is cloud-based, super user friendly (everyone's learning curve has been quite small), supports electronic billing, and gets the job done effectively and efficiently. If you have to follow billing guidelines that require a separate entry for every discreet task, the "batch" entry feature CANNOT be beat. Being cloud-based, I able to start working on getting my billing up to date within 48 hours of being hit by a CAT-5 hurricane. It has also let our team work remotely during the pandemic while having full access to our billing platform (my billing admin continues to work with us even though she moved out of state!). To put my review into context, after 25 years I opened my own law firm. My clients are mostly multi-national insurance companies that require I submit bills with ABA task and activity codes. I absolutely needed a billing platform, and I did not have the money to pay close to $10k in a server, "traditional software" (I grew up on one of the main legal billing programs out there) and IT setup. This costs me less per year that what such a program would cost, back-ups are taken care of, I can access from anywhere, and I don't have to cough up a pretty penny every five years to upgrade a server or the program. BTW- It has a very decent iOS app to boot (a proper app mind you; not browser based). I have no relation to Bill4Time; I'm just a very happy customer preaching its benefits as the practice of law evolves.

Cons

Even diamonds have flaws (at least most of them). I have only two items I yearn for, which I will share in order of importance: 1. When I look at a case and below I see all the time entries, I can see the activity code but I cannot see the ABA task code unless I click on the entry. It adds a step I would love to see erased when I am correcting our invoices. Not a dealbreaker for sure, but adding this small item would make a difference. 2. Much farther down the list: as far as I know, no Dropbox integration. I want to beg for it and did when I first subscribed to Bill4Time, but at present I am not sure I would even do much with it. Honestly, by now I don't even miss it. Being cloud-based, your session can hiccup (it's rare but it does happen) and its a nuisance. This is not on Bill4Time; any platform you use via the internet is always subject to this. But the benefits of a cloud-based program (which I mentioned in the "Pros") exceedingly outweigh this, at least for me.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Batch entry sealed the deal for me.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

I grew up 23 years on TimeSlips. When I set up my own law firm, my needs pushed be towards a cloud-based solution. I tried a few and but the batch entry feature sealed the deal for me.

Vivian from Fellows LaBriola LLP

Great Billing Program

Pros

Bill4time is very easy to use and the transition form our old billing program was seamless. I really like that we are able to have the developers create custom reports that fit our needs.

Cons

So far I have found nothing that I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

The ease of use, the price and that it was cloud based.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

We were looking for a cloud based product that would not break the bank.

Ellen from Edmonds & Co PC

Disappointed

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Pros

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Cons

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Response from Bill4Time

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Jennifer from Paraclete Business & Estate Planning

Great for Sole Practitioners needing task management and billing software

It's completely changed my practice. I no longer get distracted and find time slipping by without billing. I track my billings now and meet targets. It's the "assistant" I have been looking for.

Pros

It is exactly what I need. Most of the task management software for lawyers is designed for litigation and big firms. I needed more of a task management software that would help me keep track of matters and clients and deadlines, but not all of the bells and whistles and certainly not at the price of other companies. Bill4time is the exact software I need - it actually makes me more efficient and helps my focus - it keeps me on task and has improved my follow up with clients.

Cons

The name - I initially thought it was just a billing software but it is so much more.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Because it was exactly what I needed - a task management software mixed with billing and client management - I can't say enough great things about it. It has changed my practice and fueled my motivation - I can now stay on track, and it makes me excited about setting and meeting new targets.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

They were inefficient and I needed a task management software, not just a billing software

Eric from Young Law Office

Great Product and Support

Overall, I am pleased. The software is very easy to use to track time and expenses. Support is very good. The accounting features take some learning and could be made easier. Nice integration with Box too.

Pros

The software has a lot of useful features such as allowing you to bill by the hour, flat, or contingency. I use all three fee arrangements so this feature is crucial.

Cons

In terms of the user interface, it is not the most appealing software. Everything is basically blue, white, or grey. There is a helpful dashboard, but overall, it might benefit from some redesigning.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

I really wanted a stand alone timekeeping program and didn't need the case management features that come with others. Tabs3 too pricey. Other software couldnt accommodate contingency fee billing.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

Zoho Books was too difficult to use and is not designed with attorneys in mind; whereas, Bill4Time is.

Catherine from Charny & Wheeler P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Great product for law office

Very easy to use in all capacities, from entering time and expenses, creating invoices, editing, reports, etc.

Pros

I really like the reports tab...I can run just about any kind of report very quickly and easily.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. There may have been some things in the past that I "wished" bill4time would have, and when I would ask for help if it existed, and if it didn't exist, it does now. Updates are happening without any interruption to our use.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

It was an outdated program that never had updates and was very time consuming to use. If you wanted an update, you had to buy a new program as it was not an internet-based program.

Matthew from Tabor & Byers

Almost Does it All

Pros

It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

Cons

I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

PCLaw had too many problems and slow support responses.

Great, easy to use software, simple invoicing

Great, very easy to use

Pros

The dashboard simplifies tracking and time entry. Invoicing is simple and I like the multiple ways to reconcile payment.

Cons

The price is a little steep for a small company, but the functionality is great!

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

Replicon is good, but this was a better solution for my team.

Cherry from Trinity Fiduciary Services

Time and Money Saving Software

Easy set up. User-friendly. Cost efficient. Bill4Time enables a small company to have the organization, efficiency, and the professional look of a large company without the large cost. The cost fits in our budget.

Pros

We love the ability to have live billing numbers, the opportunity for look-back, and the ability to attach client expenses to the billing.

Cons

As of now, I'm not sure of anything that I would change.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Hands down best quality and cost that contained everything we were looking for.

Ashton from Terrain Technology, Inc.

Bill4Time was the perfect solution for my company

When my business started up I was tracking time with a spreadsheet. Creating invoices became an all-day project. Now my bookkeeper can do batch invoices essentially with a touch of a button and the printer spits out 30 to 50 invoices each time we do billing. Tracking my client's projects is easy and I'm not missing any billable time. Incidentally, I can change any project to a flat fee rate with ease. Early on I needed a lot of help with the software and called the support staff who were very helpful and took the time to show me what I needed. Even now that I've been using the software for a few years the support people are easy to reach and are just as helpful. I feel that is so important to be able to reach an actual person who can help you.

Pros

My company has over 150 clients each of which has numerous projects. As my company grew it became more difficult to manage the growing number of clients and track the time spent on each project. Therefore billing my clients became a more difficult and time-consuming process. This product handles mass invoicing which allows me to invoice more often and also track receivables and payments. I especially like that when I have to call for support I actually reach a human who can help me.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about the product. Most issues can be resolved with a phone call to support.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

I tried a couple of other companies but was unable to make contact. It took about a week for the two other companies to get back to me. Bill4Time got back to me the same day and I started a trial with their software long before the other companies returned my calls or emails.

Cynthia from Daughtry & Starling

Satisfaction

My overall experience with this software is the new features and changes to the software that helps me to be more efficient in my job. I enjoy the fact that I can print reports for different cost. I like having access to the support team at anytime I needed them. I am thankful for the availability of being able to communicate with the support team about any immediate issues or problems I may be having. I find it very helpful in having live chat and the tutorials available to access at any time I need them. No matter how big or how small my problems are they are very professional and knowledgeable. I like that I can print the transcript to keep for future use should I run into the same problem and forgot what I had done the first time. I like the fact that I can print a report halfway through the month that allows me to see where I am with my monthly billing and productivity and it allows me to print case history which is helpful when I have to prepare an Attorney Fee Affidavit. The new features for notes are so helpful here when a client calls I can open their case and put phone conversations and print the notes for the attorney. My job is all about paper trail. I had a professor in college who said it is not what you say but what you write.

Pros

Very user friendly software . When I first started with the firm a co-worker showed me how to maneuver in bill4Time. Then she set me on my own. If I found myself not sure about what I was doing I would either review the tutorial or contact bill4Time's support team either by phone or live chat. The support team has always been very helpful and knowledgeable in the software. There has not been one problem that has gone unresolved with the support team. They are very diligent with getting back with you if they have to research an issue or a problem I may be having.

Cons

I would not say I like any thing least about this software. I am looking forward to the ability to be able to track consult fees. I am looking forward to a new tab that has consultations which will allow you to put the client into the system and the amount of the consult fee. This would eliminate me having to keep track of two Conflict of interest list.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

I am not sure the switch occurred prior to my employment with the firm. I could not say why the attorney made the switch.

Owen from Farr Law Group, PLLC

The good and bad of Bill4Time

Customer service is responsive, sort of. They will respond--but it is not always productive. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's stellar.

Pros

The best part of Bill4Time is that it is intuitive for users to enter time, and expenses. There is very little training. Bill4TIme has/supports API's, which allow client and matter data to be fetched for use in other systems, like a practice management suite. The integration with QuickBooks works well. The iphone app is well done.

Cons

The pricing is a bit steep compared to TimeSolv, which offers the same as Bill4Time and more. If my firm had things to do over again, it would probably go with TimeSolv (and if B4T's prices continue to increase, we will make a move). Another drawback is that B4T does not have single sign-on capability. I'm told they're working on it. Single-sign-on allows the program to authenticate using a firm's local credentials, like the credentials for users to login to their computer. So if a user is logged into their computer, they don't need to authenticate on B4T. NetDocuments has this capability and it is VERY nice. The standard reports could be more of aimed at the reports that law firms would use. Like for instance, matter-specific invoice reports for use in legal fee applications (amazingly, it does not offer that report!) Clients have found the invoices a bit confusing where they also contain trust account balances. There is some opportunity to customize them--to a point.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

At the time we implemented B4T (2012) it was because the program is very intuitive and that was a value. It remains intuitive, and users typically do not have issues with time and expense capture. So it does its job pretty well. But I would say that B4T is a bit lazy when it comes to improvements. It does not seem to look around much to see what others are doing nor try to match competitor capabilities. I know NetDocuments is not a billing company, but whoa--it is always improving, adding features, streamlining, etc. B4T not so much.

Myron from Barlow & Co., LLC

Mac user

Excellent.

Pros

Works with Mac. Easy to setup and use. Works well with remote timekeepers. Never had an error or problem with this billing software after 5+ years. Great customer service to answer questions about features.

Cons

Nothing. Works great. No problems to report.

Mac useable.

Use on a Mac.

Christine from Belowich & Walsh LLP

Great Billing System and Great Value

B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

Pros

B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner. Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance for whatever need I had. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic and is such a pleasure to deal with. She's assisted me on numerous occasions and I can't say enough about her. Something else that I love about B4T is their support desk phones are answered within 2 or 3 rings by actual human beings. I'm never placed on hold by robo-operators as so often occurs with other companies (both professionally and personally).

Cons

I don't have any cons worth expressing.

Liana from Colon-Valentin Law Offices

Industry: Law Practice

I have loved Bill4Time since 2009!

I get my billind done very fast compared to how long it would take me to do it manually. It is also great to keep track of my productivity.

Pros

It is easy to keep track of billable time, especially with the desktop widget.

Cons

Things have to be entered in a certain order on the widget. Otherwise they get erased. This is a hassle since my short term memory is not that good. I would like to be able to enter data on the widget in any order. I have always had a hard time with the accounting reports. They are not friendly to non accountants. I just want to know who owes me what and since when. I still don't know how to do that after 11 years of being your client.

Cost and mobile app.

Lisa from Law Offices of Brad Jackson

Excellent Product for a New and Continuing Users

Migrating to B4T has been a great move for our office. When I have had questions, it has been simple to do a quick chat or call to help me navigate my way. This has been a real boon to the practice and I am very happy with this product. The more I dig in the more I realize how helpful this program is to analyze our overall productivity.

Pros

We used another billing product which was specific to our business, but really inadequate for the practice. This has been a great change for us. The set up was easy. It is user-friendly overall - not just for hourly billing - but for info, expenses and accounting for each client including adding the receipts for the client's review. Additionally, the available reports make it simple to see who is billing how much, which payments have been made in any specific period and help us with work and cash flow.

Cons

The only issue that I have is when I am adding multiple expense or time entries, I occasionally end up with an open item that I am not sure is captured or not. This may be due to my method of entry, but it requires me to double back and recheck it.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

We wanted a more robust program that gave us maximum efficiency and the ability for me to assist my boss and others in capturing time and expenses for each person touching an account.

Tama from Dillard Estate and Paralegal/Investigator

The perfect fit

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

It remains to be the perfect fit for my needs.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

I started billing the law firm independently as opposed to using their billing system as an independent contractor.

Shana from The Baldwin Law Group

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

John from JRA Law Partners, LLP

Excellent Product; Better Support

Pros

The software itself is fine. What stands out, however, is the technical support. They not help with software questions, but help even more with correcting bookkeeping errors. We have gone to a virtual firm model, so each attorney handles more and more of the day to day administrative functions, including billing and bookkeeping. To know you have someone to call who can generally take the time to walk through and correct mistakes and provide technical assistance is critical.

Cons

As with any software if you were to develop it yourself (assuming you had the ability to do so) you would do it differently in some regards. For instance, I usually enter time for a day on the following day. it would be nice to not have to change the date for each entry, but to change the date just at the start and keep it on that date until you manually change to a different date. This is a nit and relates to how I do things. I'm sure I could come up with other nits, but overall the program works and works well.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

When we transitioned to a virtual firm model, we needed a simpler and much more inexpensive solution.

Sharon from The Larkin Law Group LLP

Great Billing Software

Great product and great customer service.

Pros

Setting up clients and matters is very simple to do, and it requires minimal steps and provides maximum flexibility. The time and expense entry, reporting, invoicing, and accounting features are all easy to use. It also includes a conflicts check feature which searches across multiple fields so is comprehensive. The simplicity and flexibility of the software is what we love. Customer and technical support is exceptional.

Cons

There are no "cons" to the software that we have experienced.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

We looked at a variety of billing software products. Many were inflexible in setting up clients and matters, or required too many steps to merely enter time and expenses, or the conflicts searches were limited to certain fields. We wanted something that was flexible and easy to use. B4T gives us what we need and want. We are very pleased.

Kathleen from Law Offices of Kathleen Conkey

Tech with a Human Touch

A colleague recommended Bill 4 Time to me many years ago. Since then, I've recommended it to every lawyer I know. It's easy to use, completely customizable, inexpensive and if you have a problem, there's always a human available to help. Billing is a breeze every month with this program. I love it!

Pros

It's very easy to learn and it's inexpensive for the service you get

Cons

I wish that I could list matters that I'm working on according to both the client and the matter instead of just the client. Sometimes I have two or 3 different matters open for the same client, but I can't tell at a glance which entry is the one I want to work on next.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Easiest to use and integrate with my own systems. Most other systems, you have to set up an entire management system using their software. I wanted to keep my various other program and just add a billing system. Bill4Time was the one that allowed me to do that.

Teri from Pinch Hitter Solutions Inc

I Enjoy Working With Bill4Time

I think Bill4Time is as easy or as complex as the user makes it. It fits those of us who are not really accounting types as well as those who are pros. I am able to add users, clients, projects, activities, tasks, etc...quickly, and easily. That means a lot to our small business.

Pros

1. I like being able to associate budgets to clients. This is very helpful if it involves a fixed bid project. We don't want to go over budget or under. Running the Budget Report every few days keeps our projects inline with the client's expected investment. 2. I like the new dashboard. It's much more convenient and fun. 3. It's easy to add in contractors when needed. It's easy to give them the access I want them to have. It's also easy to set contractor's rates.

Cons

I would like to be able to include sub-projects (or phases) under a parent project. This would be very convenient. I would like more control over the report formating. I've noticed that some really wide reports are generated on portrait layout PDFs. Sometimes we have all hands on deck and are really busy. I would like the software to send out an alert when hours logged are within 10% (or a user-defined percentage) of the associated budget. This would keep us from accidentally going over budget.

William from Flevares Law Firm, LLC

Money Well Spent

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

Pros

Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

Cons

Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

It seemed easier to use and the price was better, too.

Anne-Marie from Connor & Sargent PLLC

Loving Bill4Time

Bill4Time has been a seamless transition for us. We are a law firm and use the software daily to track our time and for administrative and accounting functions. The reports are excellent to keep track of expenses, invoices, the trust account, etc. Customer support helped me figure out which features our firm needs and now I'm a whiz at Bill4Time.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the customer support. All of the features are here -- accounting, invoicing, timekeeping, reports -- and the customer support helps us figure out how to use it for our needs.

Cons

I cannot think of any improvements that are needed

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Better price, we didn't need all of the bells and flash. We wanted a simple product, reasonably priced for our purposes.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

PC Law was frustrating, had no customer support, and ultimately crashed!

Paul from Paul R. Delle, Attorney at Law

How I increased my billing with Bill4Time

Customer support is great. Rarely do I need it, but there is always a human being on the phone to help me. Entering my billing is both quick and easy, and it has increased my billing in that I regularly bill my cases each day and add in the short phone calls, quick memos, etc.

Pros

It is so easy to use. At the end of each workday, I try to bill for all the cases handled that day. Bill4Time encouraged me to bill for even .25 hrs. because those phone calls add up. Without a billing system I would not even enter a short phone call into my files.

Cons

Not Applicable. I am a big fan of the software.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

When Bill4Time first came out I tried it and was immediatly sold on it. It was just the program I was looking for. Bill4Time has only improved its programs over my time using it.

Archana from Agama Law Associates

Perfect for service business

Exceptional

Pros

It is perfect for use - never been easier to manage invoices and follow up with clients. Our accounting is virtually on Bill4time. Excellent product

Cons

Mobile App could be more user friendly and easier to navigate

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

One stop shop for all accounting and billing needs

Teresa from ClouseSpaniac Attorneys

Great Application and Simple for Billing

Never had issues.

Pros

It is user friendly, the support at B4T go above and beyond. Easy to use, not complicated any single user can use without difficulty.

Cons

I would like to be able to attach documents to the time entries.

something less complicated

Melissa from Melissa Sampson mediator and attorney at law

A great billing program

I have been using bill for time for several years now. I would not continue to use it if it was not a great program to use.

Pros

I tried two or three different programs before finally deciding on Bill for time. It is very easy to learn for my staff . It's very professional looking. You can pull all the reports you need.I think what I love the best about it is being able to write a note copy and put it in the billing section and getting it all done at one step.

Cons

I guess the least thing I like about the program is on the notes I would like to be able to pull up all the notes on one client and print them all out at one time.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

It was a more professional program and easy to learn for my staff.

Ann from MoLaw PLLC

Well worth the money

Works great and easy to use and train people to use.

Pros

Easy to use and train new personal on. It is also easy to find reports you need.

Cons

There is nothing about the system I do not like.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

Clio more expensive and hard to use.

Leslie from Bower & Associates APC

Industry: Law Practice

Was stuck in a rut depending on a billing clerk .. now capture time anywhere all the time!!

Control over my time and eases the "task" of invoicing clients for work produced for them. What's not to like ... converting from Timeslips to Bill4Time literally saved my practice and my homelife!! No more stress to get monthly invoices out. A single one-off invoice can be produced in minutes to submit to escrow for a closing or other special needs. Just a terrific tool for a firm like mine.

Pros

Ease of use is key. Works across all platforms, desktop, iPad, iPhone from anywhere anytime. Helps me gauge my productivity on a daily basis throughout the month. Doesn't take specialized training to use like Timeslips did. Not dependent on a staff member to enter time from time sheets gives me more flexibility and CAPTURES more of the time spent on tasks.

Gonzalo from ALARCON & MÉNDEZ

Cost - benefit best alternative

Very good

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive alternative and the best alternative from a cost-benefit analysis.

Cons

The iPhone app.

NA

NA

SHERRY from Collins Law Firm

Great customer support

The folks who work in customer support are always ready to help. I'm not a computer wizard and they know how to help you without making you feel like a complete idiot !

Pros

Customer support is great. I usually have an answer very shortly after I send an inquiry. Also, I used Timeslips for years and I love how much more flexible this program is.

Cons

I don't like that I HAVE to have a matter and a client. I would prefer to have a choice to only have a client.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

It was time to upgrade and I wanted more flexibility in my software billing. So I started looking at other programs. I did the week trial for Clio - Bill4Time and one other I can't recall the name. I chose Bill4time because I immediately understood how to use it and because when I had a question someone always responded quickly.

Aldo from Consultores en Derecho Publico S.A.

Very good software

Ease of recording times.

Pros

Easy to use. Very good costumer service.

Cons

Integration with other apps for invoicing. Spanish version.

Very difficult use.

Carlos from DHA

Good sftware

easy to bill

Pros

cloud base -easy to use, the app is pefect

Cons

limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed

cloud base

Danielle from Hawkes Family Law

Excellent Product

Bill4Time customer service is excellent. I love their chat feature and it is really important. Anytime I have a question about a client's bill, I can get it sorted out in less than 10 minutes. It is so easy.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use and gets better every year. I use it for everything with my law firm. The billing is extremely easy and it takes me only about 45 minutes to do all of my billing each month. Other firms take days and have an employee just to manage the billing. I also like the tasks functions.

Cons

Nothing. I really like this product in full.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Ease of use, customer service, features

Billing is easier with this software!

Pros

We used Bill4time to charge our clients that are using our representation services. Personally, I mostly use it in the Iphone application that you can easily download in your appstore. This software allows you to keep tracking of the time you are investing in each client and it has a lot of descriptions and matters that you can use in order to describe it in your invoice to the client. The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database. I also use the function of internal time to track the time I invest in some managerial functions for our own Firm control in order to find ways to elevate our productivity.

Cons

There are some matters missing in the App and you need to use miscellaneous options in order to categorize it which takes you some time.

Carin from Bespoke

Easy to use, essential tool

Our company counts on B4T for its time keeping and billing. If we would not have a tool like this, we would miss out on a lot of time not invoiced, or expenses not rebilled.

Pros

It's easy to use and web based. I can add users easily and set their access levels. I never had a problem so far, after working with it for 5 years. The website is never down.

Cons

Can't think of anything about the software, it works perfectly. It is not cheap, that is maybe the only thing.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

I had been working with B4T at my previous company, and when moving to another company I made everyone work with it.

Julie from Bracker & Marcus LLC

Intuitive and accessible

Contemporaneous billing records are a must for lawyers - this makes it super easy to record time no matter where you are, and reports are also easy to get and distribute and, where necessary, correct.

Pros

The software is easy to follow and figure out, very user friendly. With both a web-version and an app, it's super easy to keep up to date on your billing no matter where you are.

Cons

The desktop version is/was buggy about a year ago - I switched to the web version and have had no trouble, so that may have been fixed since that time.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Better pricing, easier to use, easier to customize.

Cassandra from Jeyaram & Associates

Fantastic Customer Support

We're a small business that relies on dependable and trusted partners. The main reason we have been with Bill4Time for more than 5 years is its superior customer service. We are always able to get answers when we need them.

Pros

The Bill4Time Customer Support Team is fantastic. Within seconds I always get an answer to my questions. I love the chat feature and all of the representatives are incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

Some of the reporting features could be improved.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

We needed a product with superior customer service - and we found it with Bill4Time.

Tracy from Stalling Design

Bill 4 Time changed my life

I'm in love. I've told every one of my freelance designer friends about it. It is invaluable to me.

Pros

The software is SOOO easy to use. It has saved hours and hours of time each month on my billing and has helped me gain more than a 30% increase in my billable hours. I also love being able to pull reports. I can get an excellent picture of how much I'm billing, who I'm billing, who has NOT paid me, etc. It has absolutely been the most significant game-changer in my business.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing that I don't like about the software.

Tom from Salco Products

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Project Management Software

As I stated, tracking client projects time and expenses is a snap, also report running is simple and quick. Summaries of all types are easy to determine and obtain reports for, we just love it!

Pros

The ease of data entry is second to none. We have been users of Bill4Time for more than 8 years now and honestly we are so grateful to have found this software. It makes our project management seamless. Reports are a click of a button to manage project time and expenses.

Cons

I can't think of a single issue that have had. If problems are there, I don't know about them.

Norm from Norm Robinson Consulting LLC

Great Time and Billing Program in the World!

I've used it for several years and I depend on it implicitly. My business is 100% time-billed. This keeps me organized and I make certain every client pays what they should for our work - no less, no more. It takes the guessing out of my business. My clients like the invoices too (except the total amount due :)

Pros

Ease of use. Easily customizable. Mobile or desktop. Accurate. It makes certain I don't "lose" any time during the day. Time is money!

Cons

I haven't found anything that is not there that I need. It's great.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

This program appeared to do more for me, easier. It does.

Jake from Anderson | Hinkins

Customer Support Is Fantastic

I've used Bill4Time for more than 5 years, and they have continually worked to adapt and add additional features. It is a very good product.

Pros

Bill4Time is very intuitive, and the customer support staff are responsive and very easy to work with. Bill4Time provides a very functional platform that allows busy professionals to have the tools they need at their fingertips wherever they are.

Cons

Bill4Time is great at tracking time and providing reports for the time and invoices, but it is not a full scale CRM. That has not been a problem for my firm, as that was not the purpose.

Nanci from Golddesk Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Bill4Time is worth your time

I searched for a duel timekeeping and accounting software for almost a year before I settled on Bill4Time. It is the only one I found that did both well. Avoiding the time it takes to move timekeeping records into an accounting program every month is a fantastic feature!

Pros

This software is fantastic! It's affordable and the support is the best I've ever had from any company. It is intuitive and is easy to figure out if you've made an error anywhere in your accounting.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the invoicing section but once it's set up you'll be grateful.

Harris from Maitlin Maitlin Goodgold Brass & Bennett

Bill 4 Time

Our firm has had a great experience with Bill4Time. It makes our billing and invoicing process much simpler and less time consuming.

Pros

Bill4Time was extremely easy to implement to our law firm. The software makes it extremely easy to enter time from any place, whether it be in the office or on the beach. Creating invoices is also simple as is the ability to send them directly from the software.

Cons

Sometime the link between the program and the invoice takes a number of tries to work.

Robert from Law Office of Robert J. Krakow, P.C.

Bill4Time user for more than ten years-very happy with it

Excellent-vital and essential tool for my practice. Using it now for more than 13 years.

Pros

Ease of entry and reporting, including new dashboard

Cons

Bill set up a bit cumbersome but not really a problem.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Wanted primarily billing function, and this was an effective and cost effective choice.

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

Timeslips no longer available for Mac and was expensive. Then switched to something else, which was not very useful. Finally switched to bill4Time in 2008.

Raychael from Law Offices of Paul A. Beck, A Professional Corporation

"Would highly recommend!"

Pros

" Bill4Time has been the only billing system our lawfirm uses that remains user friendly, simple and clear in its layout along with consistency in its formatting and processes. I would highly recommend this product! "

Cons

There are a few glitches when entering whole batches of entries that need to be addressed. For example, some settings don't always transfer through to the next row and it ends up costing valuable time having to go back and change settings on each entry within the batch.

Jim from Law Offices of Jim Kurkhill

Solo practice attorney - Very satisfied user

I have recommended Bill4Time to other solos and small practice firms, and everyone who followed my recommendation thanked me. It is not an exaggeration to say that this program pays for itself.

Pros

Bill4Time has a great web-interface. It conquers the difficult challenge of making it very easy to capture your time while remaining very flexible for a wide range of user preferences without complicating.

Cons

I think the trust accounting could be a bit easier, but overall this is a very minor criticism of a great product.

Monica from Pirillo Law LLC

Exceptional customer service!

Our experience has been a very positive one and we especially love the customer service and how the employees follow up to see how you're doing after an issue had been notified and fixed.

Pros

We're very happy with this product and all of our attorneys use it to enter all time entries for work performed. I especially like how easy it is to locate the case and enter the time worked.

Cons

Double entries were common before, but it seemed the company has fixed that problem.