• Pros

• "Love the ease of use for the billing program. It's clear, easy to use, and easily adaptable / modifiable for your billing needs."

• "Great tools, great automation, great customer support"

• "I like the ease of use. It's intuitive. Great support team."

• Cons

• "No problems except I wish there was an app for Windows like there is for Apple."

• "Monthly expense is high for a solo firm, but it gets the job done. Customer service doesn't implement suggestions for changes very often."

• "A few of the features were not immediately intuitive, but as we use it more and learn about all its features the happier we are with our choice."

Browse PracticePanther Legal Reviews

Scott M. from Welch Law LLC

Amazing program!

I bought this program when I first opened my practice about 2.5 years ago. I knew going into my own firm that I wanted a comprehensive client management tool. After spending hours online reviewing various programs, I decided to give the 30-day free trial a shot. I think I purchased the monthly subscription immediately after starting to use the program. Since that time, I have built on my knowledge, incorporating the MailChimp and QBO features first, then started learning how to streamline my document preparation through the template feature. What would have previously taken me multiple hours a week to manage, now takes minutes.

Pros

PracticePanther is intuitive and very user friendly. It has a ton of features that expedite minuscule tasks and free up admin time. It syncs with all my favorite resources, like QBO, MailChimp, and Box, making communication with clients a lot easier and keeps routine mailings operational. If you use a lot of form templates, the template builder is a major time saver and cuts down on user error and oversights. I use this program every day in my law office and am very grateful for how easy it is. Even better, the customer support team is phenomenal. I rarely have any issues with the program (it is easy to use), but when I run into something I need help with, a quick message to the PP team is responded to within minutes and the problem is solved or at a minimum I am given an update and expected time of completion. I couldn't recommend this program more to a solo or small legal practice.

Cons

Nothing, the team is constantly updating its software and programs that it connects to. They provide online videos to help and I frequently learn of new ways to use the program from regular updates by the team.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied November 2018

Thank you so much Scott for the extra kind feedback!

John from John R. Tatone & Associates

Great product

Easy to learn. Easy access to tutorials and the help area is full of information. It has been a great decision to switch. I know that i have been able to capture more of my time and reduce time needed for billing.

Pros

I like being able to bill, take credit/debit card payments, and tell clients their balance with the app while in court. There are simple reports and a great dashboard to see how much is outstanding, to be billed, and the amount in my trust account. Practice panther has cut down on the time it takes for billing and made my office more efficient.

Cons

I print checks directly from practice panther, which takes several steps, but it makes it easy to add the cost to the client's billing. I would like the software to allow a report of vendors/payees' payments over various time periods as it does with tags and categories.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

quick books was overly cumbersome with numerous unnecessary features. Practice panther has needed features for a law firm that are not available in quick books. It is much easier to use than quick books.

Haley from Athena Legal Group PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

The team at PracticePanther is Great.

Pros

They add features on a regular basis and have loads of training. The support staff is super helpful and if they don't know the answer they will try to find it. I understand that every system is different and every one has it's pros and cons. I really think once we utilize every single feature this program has we will be a much better law firm.

Cons

The email integrations phase in and out on working. It may simply be the plugin I have for Gmail but that can be a struggle.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

The pricing and some of the features. I think Cosmolex may have the accounting side better locked down but I liked the ease of PracticePanther.

Missed the boat

It’s got a long way to go to meet the expectations of a multi attorney practice.

Pros

The software sure does “look” nice. But it really missed the boat on some of the more nuanced features of a law practice. For example, when applying a discount to an invoice, the discount must be applied to the total invoice (fees AND costs). Discounts cannot be applied to just the fees. Why in the world would any attorney want to apply a discount to client costs advanced on behalf of the client??? When I inquired about this, their answer was “just put in a discounted custom rate for the matter”. This response is completely unacceptable since I may only want to apply a discount to one invoice rather than all work done on the matter! This is just one small example of the half hearted attempt of this company to make a legal management software. This is just one of several problems with the “features” of the software. The timers are always so buggy. The software is just not refined at all. None of the features were well thought out. It’s like the programmers decided “Hey! This is a cool feature to add!” But never really fined tuned any of them to a fully functioning feature that could work well. They all sort of work to only about 50-60 percent functionality. It should not come as any surprise, though, since neither the founders nor anyone else on the management team has any experience in the legal industry. The company would be well served to hire some actual attorneys to advise them on how to fine tune their software to make it a truly great legal software.

Cons

The lack of any real understanding of the nuances of a legal practice by the founders and creators of the company and software.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

They did a good slick sales job on the front end. Again, it looks really good on the outside but once you get up under the hood, you find that it is riddled with many issues that should be obvious for a legal software to have addressed before it was ever launched. They should do an intense focus group with real attorneys who actually manage practices to talk about the issues, revamp the whole system and relaunch!

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied August 2019

Hello! We really appreciate your feedback and understand your concern. Over the years, we've focused every effort to make a great Legal product for many specialty Law firms but of course there's always room to grow. It would be great to get on a call and go over any specific issues you are having with PracticePanther and of course to log any further feedback you may have. Please feel free to reach out anytime, and we'd be more than happy to assist you.

Amanda from Law Office of Amanda Taylor, PLLC

Amazing engineers

This group is ALWAYS helpful.

Pros

I love that the billing soft ware is so flexible and able to create what I need. I now capture all my time and my clients get their bills by email and are also able to pay online. I love this software and the creators are wonderful. They reach out to me to help me, even though I am a little account. My former big firm software did nothing for me but bill me. PP is amazing and I'm so thankful we found them.

Cons

It would be nice to speak to PP and tell them my time as I have to go back to fill in the blank. I have manic time which tracks my docs so I can enter my time. Maybe use a doc tracker like manic time? But manic time is too darn complicated to use other to look at what I did.

Elisabeth from Law Office of Elisabeth Silva

Excellent Case Management Software

This software saves me time and helps with record keeping. It is easy to use. I would hate to be without it.

Pros

I love the ease of use for conflicts checking. I love the secure client portal, as I often exchange sensitive documents with the client. I love the client notes feature and the calendaring.

Cons

I have had clients who could not get the secure portal to work - that may have been user error, but there are enough of them that I had to develop a back up plan. I would like to see a better overview of available features so I can decide what works best for me. I do not use most of the billing features, so I would like a way to disable that, rather than have it look like I am running a huge deficit! I would like to learn more about integration with Wealth Counsel software. Cross-population of clients would be a huge benefit for me!

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

Ease of use, same or better features for a better price!

Robert from McBride Hall

The First (and Last) Billing Software You Will Need

Our own experience for our firm has been fantastic. Support staff has been very prompt and helpful whenever we had a question. I have recommended the product to every attorney I know.

Pros

Our entire office, from attorneys to support staff to office administrator, have all commented how intuitive and easy the software is to use. There is no doubt that our attorneys and paralegals have become more productive from using this software. Also, the reports for A/R, billable time per user, and many others are extremely valuable. We are a new firm, and this is our first (and last) billing software for our office.

Cons

If there is one thing I am "disappointed" with, it would have to be the add-on we purchased from Law Tool Box for court rules. When we first started using it, the rules for Nevada (where we practice), were almost all incorrect, or useless for our civil litigation practice. Despite providing Law Tool Box with all of the information on the proper court rules that apply here in Nevada over a month ago, they have still not made those changes. We have not been able to use or rely on it for anything. A great concept, but not functional. Useless.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

I test drove Clio and Bill4 Time, but I didn't find them as functional or easy to use.

Susan from Pintel Law Firm PLLC

Great Software for a solo

I love that the invoices are sent out automatically via email. Intuitive software. Great support but some of the features do the same on the surface but accountingly-speaking may not be the same e.g. hard costs that you charge the client for. This has been explained to me 2 different ways and the accounting implications are different. Still cannot use invoice batch feature because not all invoices have money due to me (flat fee charged at beginning of case).

Pros

I like the ease of use. It's intuitive. Great support team.

Cons

Still cannot use the batch invoice feature because I do flat fees and when there is no money owing apparently it does not take this as an active invoice.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

Easier to understand the program when I tried it out during free trial

Damien from The DA Firm, PA

Great Software

Happy with my choice, and will continue to grow my practice with them.

Pros

Offers the integration and ease of use needed for a small business, all of the essentials for streamlining tasks so that duplication of efforts is minimized. Also, receptive staff that implements users input and suggestions in timely and effective manner.

Cons

Integration to Business accounts is needed. Stronger partnership with quick-books may aid in that.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

Cost, ease of use, and the fact that it is a newer product that has all the integrations built in so not trying to catch up and merge archaic systems.

Jacob from Waldo Law Firm, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Great software and great price!

Been great. Our firm is growing and I don't see us using any other system. We love it.

Pros

Ease of use. The fact that we can calendar, manage our cases, and do our billing all from the same application and we can do it from anywhere.

Cons

If there was a way to pair it up with our Ooma phone system, so that it could automatically log phone calls by numbers that are saved in the system...that would be really cool.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

Pricing and I liked the design with PracticePanther better.

Alexis from Right Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Best practice management system I have used

I use Practice Panther as my main case managment system. My team and I LIVE on this software. It is far better than the alternatives I have used in the past and in other firms. We have it downloaded on all computers and phones for easy access in court at all times.

Pros

I like the intuitive interface, clean look, and the ability to customize my own workflows.

Cons

I would like to see a private server capability added in instead of having to rely on Box. One that we can access via VPN would be helpful. I wish we could add in a bit more automation customization. For example, I would like to be able to send my clients a customized email with attachments and helpful info before specific events, rather than the generic reminder email. I would also like the ability to create conditional logic in certain events.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

The main reason I initially chose it was price and interface look. Now I wouldn't change for anything because it is constantly evolving with my firm's growth and provides all the support we need.

Aska from Vazquez & Servi, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

User-friendly software but there are still room for improvement to effectively serve larger firms

(continued from Cons) This sorting function for customized fields will potentially save us a lot of time. (3) Tags are great features, but the ability to sort the data using the tag is very limited. When you search using multiples tags, the software only recognize it as Tag 1 "AND" Tag 2, and gives you data that has BOTH tags. For instance, it's only "Show data that has Tag A AND Tag B". You can't do "Show me the data that has Tag A OR Tag B". You can't search data that DOES NOT have the specific tag either. If the search function in Tags was more comprehensive, it will allow users to expand the usage of tags and give users more flexibility as to how we can efficiently search the data we need. Practice Panther Tech Support has been aware of the suggestions listed above. However, there has not been any update on the progress, and we do not know if these functions will be ever available. We definitely would like to see them implemented very soon. I am open to revise this review once these functionalities become available.

Pros

This software is intuitive, easy to navigate and very user-friendly. Tech support is promptly available and they are very patient. Practice Panther continues to make improvements on the software and they listen to their customers feedback. They have fixed our issues with our calendar being very slow to load. It's fast now and working very well.

Cons

There are still room for improvement in terms of features and functions. (1) The format (layout) of the calendar is not user-friendly for mid to large firms with more than 10 employees. Everyone's events are scattered across the calendar and overlap with each other which makes difficult to identify availability for specific staff. Events are displayed with different colors assigned to each staff. It's hard to follow 10+ different colors on computer screen and it is definitely not working for staff who are color-blind. It's really difficult to see who has appointments at each hour throughout the day. We suggested to have columns for each staff so that it only takes a glance to identify who is available when, just like how calendars are in Time Matters from Lexis Nexis. (2) Sorting function for customized fields is not available unfortunately. What makes this software great is the customization you can make to fit it to your exact needs. However, customized fields are not sort-able, and without the sorting function for the customized fields, data is not as valuable and usable as it should be. As a legal administrator who manages the data and runs productivity report for legal staff, we are currently spending a lot of time downloading the information from the software to MS Excel, sorting and manipulating the data in Excel, and finally coming back to the PracticePanther to make necessary changes within the software. (Continues to overall experience)

Zach from Brandon Sample PLC

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use practice management software with top-end functionality at low price

Easy of keeping track of deadlines and client contacts. Overall, the best practice management software I have seen for the price. I would say this performs better than CLIO (I've used it with ALL of the add-ons), way better than AMICUS and MyCase and similar to ABACUS. They need to add a matter pre-billing function to run attorney's fees reports and allow you to copy/paste e-mails into the matter, but otherwise this is a perfect solution for most practitioners. Unless you are using the rules-based calendaring in ABACUS or Westlaw's Firm Central, I have not seen a product that is nearly as useful on the market.

Pros

Unlike a number of the cheaper practice management software programs on the market today, Practice Panther has a wide range of functions within the software which are easy to use. Instead of just having "Tasks" or "to-dos", PP allows you to create Activities which can be "Events" "E-mails" "Phone calls" or "Tasks". On the Task front, PP allows you to set sub-reminders that can send you e-mails or text messages in advance, like say "7 days before," and "3 days before," for a filing deadline. I also think it is pretty fantastic that PP shows whether a time entry has been completed for EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY marked "completed" or "in progress". This would be incredibly useful for practitioners (mostly civil) managing staff and trying to deal with staff not accounting for all of their time in billing. The "mail sync" function is also easy to use, and allows you to e-mail out of your native software (MS Outlook, GMAIL, etc) and simply "bcc" the client matter itself. When you do this, the e-mail is automatically saved into the matter. Almost every other program out there that I have used requires you to use their client messaging portal to get the same functionality. The templates are easy to use for creating documents to merge out of PP also. Think client engagement letters, releases, and basic letterheads that you use in every file. We don't use PP for accepting payments so I cannot comment on that portion.

Cons

1. Matter pre-bills or invoicing. In many civil cases there will be a time when you need to prepare a billing report to present to the court solely for a claim of attorney's fees. In other software that I have used, you can run a report for a set period of time or type of billing entries which will then create a printable draft invoice-looking document. You would then be able to slap an exhibit sticker on that document and use it for your attorney's fee request. I haven't found a way to easily do this in PP yet, and it seems like you would have to utilize a draft invoice which captures all time billed in the matter. I could be wrong. 2. No Batch Entry System for E-mails. PP has a GREAT syncing system that works with your native e-mail so you can BCC messages into the matter when you send or receive them. However, if you forget to include the mail-sync in your BCC line, or don't forward a message to the mail-sync, there is no easy way to subsequently get the e-mails into the matter in PP. What I mean is this: say you have a number of e-mails from someone that weren't saved into a client PP matter and instead lived in your Outlook before the client actually hired. You would have to manually forward each one of your emails to the mail-sync to get them into PP. Additionally, if you are a federal criminal lawyer and use CORRLINKS to communicate with your clients you will know that you can't forward out of that system. PP doesn't let you copy/paste emails so your stuck.

Sofia from M Legal Australia

A well designed CRM and so far, we cannot be happier with the product

Part of M Legal's mission is to stay innovative. Practice Panther (PP) as a case relationship management (CRM) tool has redesigned how the firm works overall. The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. This has been a real game-changer for the business. While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. This has also given a level of transparency across the practice as lawyers can pick up any file from where the last person left off and delegate their work during absences. This transparency was a key selling point for us as we believe it is a core component of running an effective law firm.

Pros

The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. We have experienced our fair share of poor technical support teams when using other software programs. With PP, despite the time differences between Miami and Sydney, their technical support team are always available, whether it is through the chat portal, email or by phone. Each technical person is professional, knowledgeable and continues to take care of your matter until it is resolved. Further, they always have something new to teach you about the PP system on each call. I cannot express how impressed we are, with what we consider as stellar service from this tech support team.

Cons

Naturally, a product such as this is not going to have universal application across all legal fields. I would say that in the immigration space the status of a case is really important, so having a status bar that is customisable would be a feature that could be improved. Also, a lot of our data from clients are taken from in-take forms - we require intake forms that are easier to build and that have the capability of storing more information. While these are work in progress type issues, this certainly does not take away from PP's product, which we believe is a well designed and thought through CRM system.

Tara from Neon Esquire, LLC

Before PracticePanther my client information was all over my computer. I kept track of billable hours and financials in Exel, client emails in Google, and my forms (intake, representation, agreements, court filings etc) in Word. This meant in order to have everything as it pertained to a specific client in one place, I had to print everything out. And, I was using nonlegal software to send out billing invoices which lead to long hours of transcribing information from Excel to the service I was using. The rate of error of retyping information like addresses or agreements or billable hours into different software programs was high. I am a solo practitioner who does not have a clerk, secretary or paralegal. So after a long day of work, I then had to become the marketing, IT and accounting departments. I spent a lot of time doing things two and three times. I knew I needed a case management system but was afraid it would be too expensive or time consuming to learn. After doing my due diligence I found PracticePanther. Not only was PP one of the most affordable options out there, they had very intuitive methods of doing things so the learning curve did not take much time. Now anything and everything pertaining to a specific client is kept in one place. All billables, emails, evidence, representation agreements I even enter details of phone calls and meetings I have on matters in the Notes section for each matter so I have a documented history of what was discussed on what day. PracticePanther has cut the amount of time I spend on my office management duties by about 65%. I use that time to grow my practice, network or do pro bono work.

Pros

I love the IT help, the invoicing system and the templates feature. I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of help in the beginning. Being able to schedule times to discuss my issues with the IT guys at PracticePanther was great. The fact that they can take over your computer remotely so they can see what you see in real time is even better. Their response time to non-scheduled issues is pretty fast. I have also found their FAQs and how to videos to be extremely helpful but having a live person to speak with who can access your computer is just as good as having someone standing next to me while I work. The invoicing system is phenomenal. It keeps track of all of my client banking accounts. I can see at any time how much is in my IOLTA account, how much is in my operating account, how much a client owes, how much a client has paid and how much I have billed a client but not yet invoiced. I can do this client by client, matter by matter or as an overall total. LawPay is free if you sign up through PracticePanther which is awesome because it handles my credit card transactions and when a client pays, it automatically updates my invoicing and accounts. PracticePanther also knows how to deduct things from a client's retainer when sending out an invoice so you don't have to worry about that either. Their timing device feeds right into the system. It is awesome.

August 2016

Hamish from Hamish Senior Lawyer

August 2016

Great Legal Practice Management software that is not expensive

I'm a sole practitioner and I was looking for legal practice management software that was easy to use and reasonably comprehensive. Previously I had recommended ActionStep to my previous colleagues in a 4-5 lawyer lawfirm. This was also a good product, but PracticePanther in my view is better in many ways. For cloud storage I use Box, and this connects easily with PracticePanther so that I can see all the documents that relate to a matter. PracticePanther uses a simple tab structure for each matter so that you can easily and quickly look at notes, activities, time records, payments, invoices etc. I'm really quite impressed with the software and would recommend it to anyone. It is very easy to see what you have been paid in a given period, what you are owed, and what you have to bill. I'm only one user, but you can have many users and each can see this from the dashboard screen. I'm a bit of a techie person and I've spent many hours investigating the different legal practice management software systems. PracticePanther comes a clear first, for my needs.

Pros

There are many things I like about the software. The main ones are: - The search function. This makes searching for contacts or matters very easy. This is available on many of the screens as well as the dashboard. - The price is very reasonable for a sole practitioner, and cheaper than the other software I have investigated - Easy to create templates - The screens are easy to understand and its a joy to use the software - its relatively easy to import contacts (which i did from my gmail) - billing is really good - the client portal is amazing (you can even see when your client's read their invoices) - it is improving all the time - there are regular weekly and monthly updates - I find the relationships tab really useful to keep all my contacts related to the matter together for each of use - there are many other pros about this software - try it and see for yourself

Cons

- the software is not perfect - it would be good if viewing emails from external email (e.g. gmail) could be improved so that they are more readable - secure messages could be improved to allow attaching multiple files without the need to zip - greater connection with Box so that Box's sharing could be linked to a contact without the need to manually enter the contacts email address when you are inside the contact's matter

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied August 2016

Thanks for the glowing review Hamish! Happy you enjoy the software, we're improving every week and love your constant feedback.

July 2016

Michael from Argent Place Law, PLLC

July 2016

Great and improving all the time!

This is an update to a previous review I made. The folks at Panther are impressive. They've taken recommendations I and others have made and implemented them; they've quickly addressed issues I've had; and they are always courteous and responsive. The overall layout has vastly improved since my first review, and looks downright beautiful. We live by the search feature and it now works on custom fields. Custom fields can now also be listed in reports. You can now group custom fields so that you may show only those fields in a matter or contact that pertain to their specific situation. We have structured Panther so we can use it as a basic CRM...which is an immense work-flow savings for us. We asked for Dropbox integration and what they produced is perfect (considering the limitations of Dropbox). Time keeping is a snap and reachable from any screen. We asked to be able to a log call without assigning it to a matter, and they changed that so now we can. The tasking feature and its integration with the calendar is fantastic, I could not service so many clients without it. And the Panther folks have taken it on themselves to make some minor changes that have made the workflow of using the program much faster than in my previous review. I now can answer the question I posed in my earlier review of whether I love or hate Panther: We love it. I admit that it's not perfect (a couple of basic features in billing need to be addressed before I am willing to use that portion of the program), but Panther saves us many hours a week. I tried many firm management products before settling on Practice Panther, and I am glad I stayed with them. It's already better than the others, and it keeps getting better all the time thanks to their team. You cannot go wrong choosing Practice Panther. Final note: To my surprise one lawyer told me Panther seemed expensive. Really?! It seems well priced to me, and if you try to save a few dollars a month with some inferior product you will pay dearly for that choice in lost time.

Pros

Beautiful layout, easy to use, functions as a basic CRM, matter and time management, and billing program all in one.

Cons

Flat fee billing is not well thought out, and the billing module presents clients with a reckoning of my operating account as well as their trust account. (I understand Panther may have made the operating account info optional by now, or that is in their near term plan.)

Thalia from Radey, Warren, & Wynn

Working with Practice Panther

The user-interface is designed for quick and easy navigation. You can look at your dashboard and very clearly see everything you need to know for your day to run smoothly (well as smoothly as possible). It is cost effective and the onboarding and training are taken care of with Practice Panther's incredible customer service.

Pros

Before PracticePanther we had started an Excel spreadsheet to log our contacts for conflicts checks. We created a joint email account with Gmail so our email would be centralized and that also gave us a central calendar that we all had access to in order to set appointments, record deadlines, etc. We also created a Dropbox account for file storage. While everything was low cost or free, all the parts felt scattered. PracticePanther pulls it all together in one beautiful, user-friendly interface. Now, instead of having to pull up 5 or 6 different apps/websites, we are able to pull up just one site and have everything right there. All of the components of PracticePanther are really easy to use. The entire program is designed for efficiency and ease of use. Color-coding allows you to see and understand your financial details in mere seconds. Tasks, events, and timekeeping are easy.

Cons

I would like to see the software integrate with more programs. Quickbooks is great, but my brain works better with Wave Accounting; LawPay is great, but being able to integrate with PayPal also, would be even better. However, these are minor things and not worth seeking a different program I like as much as Practice Panther. I had shopped around quite a bit before choosing Practice Panther; I doubt I would find anything I like as much. Hands down, our favorite thing about PracticePanther is the superior support staff. If you have a problem and leave a message after hours in the chat box, you get a response generally within the hour. There is also training videos and a help center that will help you find the help that you need.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied December 2017

Thalia, I am so happy to let you know we are about to release our new API and Zapier integration, which will open the door to MANY more integrations. We highly recommend LawPay for a number of reasons, but if you must use PayPal, we do have an integration available. We will reach out to you to show you how it works. Thank you so much!

Richard from Law Office of Richard L Filiberto

Industry: Law Practice

Simple sophisticated software that will simplify your practice

This is a complete solution for my practice. I am a single solo so the document automation, notes, time entries and billing are a great way to save time and effort.

Pros

One of the best features of the software is not so much a feature but the logic employed in designing the flow of data. I have used a number of the more popular programs and can heartily recommend this as the best I have found. The ease of use makes it a top choice if you have staff that will use it. I am a single solo and it is not one of my concerns yet. But, I can't see anyone not understanding the flow of information. The automation is superb. Document assembly is easy and logical. One of the best features is the Forms generator. Email the form to your client or prospective client - they fill it out - and it goes right into your data. No need to waste time inputting names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and any other data you would like to have handy in your file. Tracking time is a breeze as is generating invoices, tracking retainer accounts, tracking trust accounts and more (I find the accounting component more than meets my needs). Over time you will come to rely on the information in the program over the physical file. It has become my organizational hub for all that I do.

Cons

I would like to see a thick book explaining all the capabilities and limits. The support people are great and can answer any question - I just like to read it and push the software to its limits. I have used PP for some time - moving to another package for some time. At twice the price - it did less. In my brief time away the product dramatically improved & I am back and very happy.

Scott from Mancinelli Goeman Law Group, PC

Industry: Law Practice

Practice Panther meets the need for small lawfirms

PP has been very affordable and user friendly. Attorneys who have been in practice for 20 years who never entered their own time are now doing it themselves.

Pros

never any data corruption issues like Timeslips. Time consuming backups not necessary, can have users tracking time while billing is being run. Web Based and can enter time tracking from anywhere on any computer or on your phone.

Cons

Some report features not available but over the past two years greater functionality has continued to be added

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

ease of use, recommendations and price

Joseph from Joseph R. Morris, PC

Great Product!

I recently switched to PracticePanther after 20 years using different version of Amicus Attorney. While Amicus helped me to keep my practice moving for years, the lack of continuing support for the product and meaningful changes caused me to start looking at alternatives. After researching the current crop of practice management programs and downloading several demo's, I ended subscribing to the PracticePanther team. The first reason I chose PP was the fact that I was able to create "workflows" that automate a ton of the tasks required for several practices areas. For example, a new misdemeanor criminal case can have the misdemeanor workflow that I created applied and all of the steps for the cases are automatically generated. The scheduling of the first client meeting, initial hearing, filing of our appearance, requesting discovery, sending discovery, attending the pretrial conference, plea meeting with client and change of plea hearing all become tasks or calendar events with just the touch of a button. My assistant then just needs to coordinate the dates for all of the auto-generated tasks or events in order to have the file completely organized. The workflow also assigns the responsibility for completion of tasks automatically to me or my staff so we all are reminded of what needs to take place next. The second selling feature for me was the automated email and text-message reminders that can be generated to the client (and to staff if desired). I like that I receive a text reminder from my dentist's office and wanted something similar. For all events that I create within the workflow, I can assign the reminder details. This has significantly lowered the number of no-shows that I have for office meetings and court hearings and reduces the staff time that was spent before calling to remind clients of court dates and meetings. The third key feature that I really wanted was the secure client portal feature. The portal allows me to hand incoming clients an Ipad to have them fill out their intake information that we would need to create a new client file. Once the client has completed the information on the Ipad, it automatically creates a new contact within the PP system and we can then easily generate a new matter if we are hired. For clients that we choose to work with, they are also sent an email invitation to open their secure portal, thus allowing them access to their online file within the PP system. Clients love it.

Pros

Great tools, great automation, great customer support

Cons

There are continuing areas that we could further automate to make the product even more amazing.

Stephanie from Law Office of Stephanie R. Jackson, PLLC

Solo Practice Law Firm

Practice Panther has been great with helping me stay on track with my QuickBooks accounting; and staying organized with client files. As a solo practitioner, it was important for me to be able to do all things necessary to maintain a viable business, and perform at a peak level for my clients while juggling every hat. Practice Panther has exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Ease of use, and tutorials that allowed me to quickly gain the requisite knowledge for utilizing each feature were absolutely critical to starting my law firm. One of the greatest assets to Practice Panther is its amazing team. I love the one on one trainings, and how many of the features I had questions about were already on the agenda for discussion (provided by the team member conducting the training ahead of time). Thus, saving me time, and only needing me to add additional ones, if necessary. I love the tutorials, templates, pop ups, and live chat features. Live chats have been so helpful in a pinch when I encounter a new challenge with things like linking two client matters together. I love how links to possible video tutorials pop up, while I am waiting for a team member to reply, to see if my question can be answered with one of the step by step videos . I use those videos for future references all the time.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the software. I only had one hiccup with syncing the LawPay feature with Practice Panther, and one of my client's could not submit their credit card payment online. There was an additional step after your LawPay account is approved, and you must go into your Practice Panther account settings to select the banking accounts that you want to use with LawPay. There were no instructions for this step in the process. However, this appeared to be more of a LawPay issue due to the 3 day time delay for approving the LawPay account. Because Practice Panther is so easy to use, I was actually able to figure out where the problem was, and get my client's payment through within a few minutes. Both Practice Panther and LawPay were quick on responding to the issue, and did an amazing job.

Adria from Brickell Law Group

Legal Software - Very Complete

My overall experience with Practice Panther is that it makes our work tracking and communication in between the team and with clients SO easy. I would recommend this platform because it is a very friendly software with a good price.

Pros

What I loved about this software is that it is very complete. It allows you to have a database of all your clients with all the information you will need to work on their case. Also, time tracker to track work time for every client. It doesn't only do that, it allows you to issue an invoice and send it to clients. In addition to this, the program allows to create matters, this makes it very easy to track the work and very useful because every client we had could have several matters open. The task assignment is amazing and the calendar features incredible. The support I received whenever I had an issue, was very good quality.

Cons

What I didn't like was that it has an amazing sync with your dropbox and email BUT if you deleted any matter the whole folder in dropbox erased. So, if we deleted something just to close the case it would be deleted from our database in dropbox. We as lawyer, needed to keep files for at least 3 years.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied August 2018

Hey Adria thank you for your awesome review! I am glad to see that you are taking advantage of the easy features we offer and our world class customer support. The DropBox sync does not delete your folder out if a matter is deleted on PracticePanther! I will be reaching out to your firm to get you taken care of. Additionally, we have an amazing feature where you can mark a matter as "closed" rather than deleting it so that you can have all your information on the system and still run and view accurate reports! We will speak soon!

Michael from Office of Michael Hyde PLLC

Practice Panther Time Keeping and Billing for Attorneys

I have always been terrible at time keeping and billing. I have probably left Hundreds if not Thousands of dollars on the table by failing to properly keep track of my time and billing. With Practice Panther I am encouraged to keep track of my time and billing because it is fun and easy to do. And I am now on top of past due bills, who is paying on time, and when to prompt clients its time to pay up!

Pros

I really like two features the most. First, is the absolutely fabulous customer support that I receive. I get answers within less than 60 minutes from the time I contact them. Second is the ease of use. Practice Panther is almost intuitive in its use. If the answer doesn't jump out at you, there are tons of training videos available and the online customer help is spot on.

Cons

I use the basic Essential Monthly Plan. It is the lowest cost but the value is exceptional. I do wish I had some of the additional features in the higher priced plans but those don't fit my budget currently. Those features I can supplement with my own documents or programs.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

The alternatives were good but way more expensive and not flexible like Practice Panther. I can add additional users as the need arises without costing me that much more in program costs.

Alicia from Law Office of A.L. Hinton

Fantastic Case Management Tool

I use Panther to manage all of my legal cases, deadlines, calendar, client information, expenses, time entries. I would like to integrate some other features, such as accepting payment, but I'll get to that in time. I know it's there.

Pros

There are too many to list. On the top - great customer service. I'll say that again - great customer service! Ability to have Panther open in two or more screens to perform various tasks at the same time. Ease of use. Being able to create work flows. Customizable (not sure if that's a word, but it is true.) Multiple time entry screen. Being able to export time and expense entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Mobile app for on the go. Tasks and deadline reminders to my cell phone. Oh - and a great price! Plus the Practice Panther team is always updating and improving the software. Tutorials? Super helpful.

Cons

Probably the most annoying thing is that when I come in to work the dashboard is not updated to reflect the new day. I have to refresh. There are a few fields that don't let me edit them (because I messed them up and now want to clean them up). Um.... maybe when I lose my time entries because the computer goes down, but I'm not sure I attribute that to Panther. Perhaps an auto save in the background?

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

I found Panther the easiest to use with the best customer support and best price. Not overly featured for a small office.

Linda from Forensic QDE Lab, LLC

Why did I wait so long?

Until we found PP, we were posting our files in OneDrive and having to search for things that we should not need to. Quickbooks is inadequate for billing legal-type work and there was no way to run any kind of conflict check without making a spreadsheet and manually adding new clients and inquiries. Now, all we do is put everything in PP. There we can see the progress of our cases, billing, calendars, tasks assignments, project plans and do conflict checks based on more than just the case caption or attorneys. Each case has tag options for identifying the type of work we are doing or any other significant aspect of the case and we can use that also for finding things within the matter or inside our entire database. What's more, it works with OneDrive, so all of our documents are accessible within the program. This is just what we needed and more...

Pros

As a small practice, I needed to organize and implement an office management system that I could use if my assistant was not here. This software is the most intuitive, responsive and useful that I have tried...and I have test driven four of the top recommended products. I have everything I need in one package; whereas, other companies require additional packages to connect to email and form templates. The learning curve has been very small. Both of us here have not had any training yet and are up and running (for the most part) after only a week or so. Now we will be taking advantage of the great training videos and one-on-one training to hone our skills and use it to its fullest extent.

Cons

So far, our experience has only been positive. Graphics are simple and somewhat old-fashioned, BUT they work great for finding things...that's what counts.

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

From the very beginning, it was apparent to us that this was the software that we could work with...we got the warm fuzzies when we discovered that we could just start right up and become proficient without having to "read the book".

Lee from Law Offices of Lee H. Ballard, P. A.

Industry: Law Practice

Best firm management software on the market with the most personable company behind it!

Easily the most user-friendly law firm management software on the market with an awesome company and support staff behind it. Keeps me organized and streamlines everything from contacts and calendars to billing and invoicing. Changed the way my law firm runs.

Pros

User-friendly - Learning curve is easily the lowest of any firm management software out there Support - Short training videos and support chat are right at your fingertips and easy to use so you get the most out of the software. Support staff are personable and very responsive - no waiting for days to get answers Integration - Easily syncs with commonly used products like Quickbooks, Gmail, Outlook, and other legal software Price - The price is competitive and gets you more bang for your buck compared to other software out there. They also partner with other companies which allows them to add little freebies, like covering the cost of your LawPay account if you use it. I expect they will keep giving cool incentives like that. This software and company have changed how I run my law firm. I'm a believer and I hope they continue to do great things.

Cons

Still developing - PP is still developing so you do run into hiccups sometimes, but it is still the easiest firm management software to use and I have not had an issue yet that was not resolved by a quick chat session with support staff. They are continuing to add features and developing the product all the time, so I am excited to see what they do - really looking forward to seeing what they do with voice command integration

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied March 2018

Hey Lee! Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in on our system's ease of use and quick access to our support teams, that will never change. We have many exciting new features rolling out this quarter so keep an eye on your inbox! As far as voice integration goes, we already integrate with Alexa through a program called Tali for logging your time through speech. Please check them out and let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for being part of the PracticePanther family!

Philip from Fornaro Law

Industry: Law Practice

We have been very happy with the process and responsiveness of PP. Happy we took the plunge.

We are becoming more efficient and better able to service our clients at a higher level. It ultimately will allow me to market our firm even better. My team is getting very excited about it. Everything has been positive thus far. There is a lot to learn on the software. As we have a lot of people working with the software at once, it results in people achieving knowledge quickly. However, that is to be expected with any practice management software. The good thing is that PP personnel are always there to help.

Pros

We are just getting started with the software and have been implementing only for a few weeks. I will update my experience again in about one month. Although we were efficient, we were not hyper-efficient before Practice Panther. Also, although we are a very systematic firm with set processes, our significant growth made it impossible for us to sustain the systems without a practice management software. From what I have seen, Practice Panther allows us to become hyper efficient because of the following: 1. We are now able to input data one time rather than several times allowing our staff to work on more things and learn more substantive tasks. 2. Inputting information then populates forms and sets up matters. 3. We are able to task and monitor the tasks without relying on memory, sticky notes, pads of paper and task lists. 4. All of the information is now in one place without the need of navigating through various portions of our database. 5. Our clients are happy with the immediate availability and access to their documents without having to request it via email and the ability to communicate through the portal. 6. I believe that the system will allow us to increase capacity and scale our practice.Our model is simple. We try to make the experience for our clients seamless and effortless through the use of portals and constant access to the resources of our firm. The technology will allow us to compete against larger firms.

Debra from Smith Law Group

Great, comprehensive law office management program

We transferred over from another database program in a period of a month or two. All our contact information was integrated in from the other system, as were our case matters and billing information. At first we bemoaned the loss of our old cumbersome system that we'd gotten to know so well over 20 years, but within a few weeks our outlook brightened up and within a little over a month, literally everyone in the office was so happy that we had made the changed. Now after a year or two, we couldn't be happier. AND, the customer service is really good, they call you back asap and always have answers. I'm sure we won't be changing this database program ever.

Pros

This is a really easy to use program, that covers everything from client information, billing, document management, time tracking, and reports that are actually used a lot and simple to both run and understand. It comprehensively runs our entire office and makes our jobs A LOT easier. Plus, it's accessible from any phone, tablet or computer wherever you are.

Cons

E-mails pose a little difficulty in responding back and forth, because you have to start a new e-mail each time, although it may be because we don't have ours set up right. But it's still workable, and when they are saved into the program, it's as clean and easy to use as the rest of the program.

Terry from Leoni Law

Easy and efficient

Being a new firm and a newly solo practitioner, I wanted the most efficient way to do it all enter my time and expenses, invoice, communicate with clients, use intake templates, etc. More, I practice throughout Northern California and log a lot of travel time meeting with clients, attending arbitrations or court appearances, or at speaking engagements. With that, I needed easy access on my laptop or phone to a law practice management system. Previously, I did not have the ability to easily and quickly access a law practice management system. I also had numerous systems for entering time, tracking potential clients, invoicing, and the like. I love that I can use Practice Panther as a "one stop shop", even to pay bills, and that I can use it anywhere and on any device. It has made the hectic life of a newly solo and "on-the-go", mobile attorney much easier. I no longer have to worry about spending too much time on pesky administrative tasks.

Pros

Other than it being a "one stop shop" and the ease of accessibility, I have been impressed with Practice Panther's ability to respond to my specific needs. A significant amount of my work is for unions and clients with multiple matters. Initially, Practice Panther was unable handle invoicing and billing for an individual contact with multiple matters. However, I approached them with my needs and they created a "fix" to their system within a week. They also followed up to ensure that I was satisfied. I was certainly impressed by Practice Panther's speed and attentiveness.

Cons

I am still trying to learn all of the ins and outs. I need a bit more tutelage on the nuances. At times, customer service may not answer all of the questions, however, they have been very responsive to my needs once I call or make them known.

Love the product but technical issues are problematic

If you are a solo with a few clients and few files, it will work great. But as you grow, it becomes increasingly difficult to filter out the closed and unwanted files and clients.

Pros

Super simply to use. The dashboard snapshot of a case if fantastic. You can see how much is trust, the next task, etc.

Cons

I absolutely loved the software until issues began developing with how it syncs with Box. Files and documents would go missing. Every time we reached out to tech support we were told "user error." It didn't seem right. But then, after paying careful attention, we began to show it was NOT user error but the software remapping the location of various folders into places that we weren't looking. Half of the call was spent convincing tech support that it wasn't us, but them. They would then look into and find out that it was a software glitch.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience and your honest feedback. We have not had this issue with our Box integration with other customers, and are very sorry to hear that the support team did not resolve this in a timely and helpful manner. We strongly believe we have the best software in the market, and we strive to couple that with the best customer support in the industry. This situation definitely falls short of this, and we want to get this issue resolved for you. Please reach out to us at help@practicepanther.com with a reference to this review and any past interactions with the support team, and we will address it as soon as possible. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to improve your experience with PracticePanther in the future!

Jonathan from Villalobos and Associates

Industry: Law Practice

TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY CAN ADAPT TO MEET YOUR NEEDS!

Pros

The customer service reps are always available (through the website/app!) and are extremely flexible as far as meeting individual requests. The software overall is very intuitive and once the basic information is inputted, training other attorneys and staff is easy. The PracticePanther reps even offered to help with training and do individualized training as necessary! The iphone app is simple yet you can do everything on it you need to - right from court. I never have to worry about missing court dates or even reminders to review certain files or specific documents because in less than a minute I can have a task set, reminders set, and it will popup as I set it. The calendar syncs with Google Calendar and they imported all of our client contacts from Quickbooks Online, saving us many hours of data entry. We are getting into the more advanced functions like templates, workflows, and other automation and that's really where the software shines. You create the custom fields, you choose what information is important for every matter, and you can add-on as you are creating matters. The flexibility and ease of access to everything - including client files from DropBox, which can mirror any network - is unrivaled. Really happy we went with PracticePanther. The amount of time saved having customer care/customer service always available is invaluable. Highly recommended for law firms of all sizes.

Cons

Still working on getting the office transitioned from a paper filing and calendaring system to online. So the one suggestion I would have is to maybe have an app for the calendar that is independent from the phone app - similar to google calendar. Also, there should be a way to turn the default settings to "Do not email assignees" when a workflow is applied. But that's a tiny suggestion. Overall no major complaints.

Patricia from Lex Valorem, LLC

Best integration with Office 365

Everything we need is here, trust accounting, case reporting, financial reporting, customizable fields, document automation, etc.

Pros

Practice Panther out performs on integration with Outlook. Users can send email from within the platform and the email will send in outlook, as well as be saved in the PP file. Similarly, emails that are received can be added by a drag and drop that resides on the Outlook side. It also has better document automation and work flows than the competitive products.

Cons

The dash board at the matter level could be better. All of the information is there, but one has to move from tab to tab to find it. I'd like a "status" feed at the top (with the ability to generate reports for all open matters and current status) instead of the feed that is at the bottom of the case dashboard (which we don't seem to use).

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

Pricing, ease of use, and Office Integration.

Melanie from And Justice Law

Practice Panther the Easy Way to Get Significant Advantages In the Market

Great!

Pros

Ease of use, iphone ap, customer service, training videos, layout

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I don't like

Price, use, presentation, support

May 2015

Jonathan

May 2015

Incredible service for a great product

While one of the newer players in the field of practice management, Practice Panther excels in relationship building and care for its users. Having tried nearly every product available, I found that Practice Panther was a cut above the others by way of their desire to be the best. During the trial period, I send a large list of things that I would like to see implemented or improved in the product. Their response, that they have begun making a number of improvements and tabled some of the others for future releases, was impressive. Not only that, shortly thereafter they had some of the changes implemented in the product and live for all the users. Practice Panther is a great product that you can grow your practice with. The employees of the company are interested in making a superior product that exceeds the expectations of all its users.

Pros

The dashboard allows me to see, at a glance, my productivity and earnings for the month. I can add important calendar dates and reminders to the page quickly and get a high-level view of everything that I am working on at the time. Practice Panther also integrates with Google calendar, mail, and apps which is great. It allows me to assign emails to certain folders in gmail and then see the communication string within the program. I can put a calendar entry on my phone while away and it will sync into the app. It is a great tool to help track and grow my practice.

Cons

As I mentioned above, Practice Panther is newer than the others. There are some features that are coming down the pipeline, but not implemented yet. For instance, the trust accounting process is a little buggy. Some features take some getting used to, but all of this is countered by the fact that they are friendly, nice, and excited to make the program the best it can be. Overall, well done Practice Panther!

Response from PracticePanther Legal Case Management Software

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the great review Jon! We have upgraded our trust accounting to include over 35 reports you can export for your accountant. You can reconcile your account with your bank, view trust ledgers, sync with QuickBooks Online, use UTBMS codes or LEDES98B billing if needed, and much more. You can learn more and see some reports here: https://www.practicepanther.com/iolta-trust-accounting-software-attorneys/

David from Aloia, Roland, Lubell & Morgan PLLC

Midsize Law Firm with diverse practice areas

Our Attorneys love being able to access case data and records from anywhere, and I have been very happy with the development pipeline. The Panther team has been adding request features regularly since we began our migration over a year ago. They're based out of Miami, which was also a big selling point for our firm since we are located in Southwest Florida. Their support staff is incredibly responsive, even an issue requires escalation.

Pros

Our team has a number of favorite features, being able to access Box via the Panther Mobile app is a big one, and being able to shoot text reminders to clients about appointments and deadlines is another favorite, but how much time Panther has shaved off of our billing cycle is definitely the top. Using Panther, we have cut in half the time it takes to review and approve pre-bills, invoice the client, and get paid.

Cons

Being a larger firm and having migrated case management software several times already made the transition and adoption challenging. Practice Panther allows for very easy import and export of information as csv files, which is great for producing your own reports, but created a lot of front end work massaging data from the previous system in order to import into Panther. As of Summer 2018, the QuickBooks integration is a little basic and still needs some work.

William from Auxilium

Practice Management made easy

We wanted a simple but flexible system Practice Panther gave that

Pros

The software is simple its flexible and allows for use across platforms so Mac Windows etc The support team superb Since using we have seen a 45 per cent increase in billable hours

Cons

Nothing, it's great software nothing at all I don't like

Reasons for Choosing PracticePanther Legal

Better pricing better support and more flexibility of product

Jeffrey from The deRubertis Law Firm, APC

Fantastic software that will change your practice. Amazing customer support.

After spending months researching, and receiving demonstrations on, dozens of case management software options (using Capterra as a starting point), I finally decided on PracticePanther. We are now in the process of fully integrating all aspects of our practice into this software and we are continuing to find new features that will make our office more efficient. This and the customer support continually prove to me that I made the right choice. PracticePanther is easy to use and incredibly customizable. In that it is web-based, it is accessible from any computer or device with an internet connection. We use it to store all pertinent case information and contacts, and to calendar appearances, tasks, court and internal deadlines and reminders. We use the feature which allows you to create workflows so that we don't have to reinvent the wheel every time we want to establish/calendar the same set of tasks on a new matter. PracticePanther makes it easy to track time spent and expenses on all of our cases. Also, it allows all users to view and track the activity of other all other users, which minimizes the need to constantly follow up with other members of the firm regarding status of task completion. PracticePanther integrates with Box.com. So if you house your case files within Box.com you can access them directly through PracticePanther. Because of this, we are now integrating all of our files with Box.com so that we can use this feature. The prospect of having all case information, calendaring, AND the case file accessible from any device anywhere, is very exciting. There is a great feature that allows you to create fully customized intake questionnaires that can be sent to potential clients via a link. Once the potential client fills out the information it is automatically uploaded to PracticePanther. There are great demonstration videos and articles on their website which really help you to familiarize yourself with the product, although it's very easy to figure out on your own as it is extremely intuitive. However, the greatest part of PracticePanther is its customer support. It is always easy to get a hold of someone to answer your questions. Best of all is that they listen to your feedback and use it to improve upon their product with regular updates. I have seen many of my suggestions come to life in a short amount of time. They truly want to hear what you have to say in order to make their product better!

Fantastic law firm management software. So glad I found PracticePanther!

Too many to list. From accounting, billing, calendar integration, etc. The program has been fantastic for my law firm.

Pros

Prior to PracticePanther, I used three pieces of locally-downloaded software one for billing, one for client management, and another for form creation. PracticePanther has provided the firm with a cloud-based solution that has replaced all three pieces of software. Additionally, because it is cloud-based, the firm can utilize the software on a number of platforms and in any location in fact, I am using it right now on my iPad at a coffee shop, after entering billable time on my Android phone earlier in the day. In addition, PracticePanther's client portal has been a game changer. While I have not yet fully utilized the email replacement offered by the portal (baby steps), it has helped immensely with billing and in giving clients a great image of the firm. I have received a number of compliments on the portal it makes sending bills easy, paying bills easy, and working with clients a breeze.

Cons

I do wish PracticePanther had a more robust document preparation and CRM platform (like Lexicata). I am sure PP is working on integrating other providers into its software, and the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied November 2017

Thanks for the compliments! Would love to know what other document prep and CRM features you would like. Please contact us to let us know, thank you so much.

Vickie from Rapp, Manzer & Minnerop, LLP

Excellent billing program

Practice Panther has been extremely receptive to our suggestions for improvements and changes when specific things didn't work for us. They respond quickly, and when something surfaces that may take awhile to improve, they communicate clearly and regularly to keep us in the loop.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes glitches occur that cause you to have to break down your billing into smaller sections which is a little more time consuming.

Mary from Monzon, Guerra & Associates

Practicepanther is the most economical, easiest to integrate, full-service, law firm software!

If I've ever had an issue such as integrating a calendar, it didn't last long. Tech support is as easy as a chat or phone call. Everyone I've worked with at Practice Panther has been quick to respond with an immediate answer.

Pros

When an attorney can access the most recent case status at any time or place, he or she can direct their assistants to reschedule, contact a client, or draft a document for review, directly from within the software. "Time" is more than money, it can be the difference in a favorable decision for your client, and effective service can lead to your next client referral. Everything you need to know, from billable hours, account balances, recent notes, phone calls, or critical events are available from the app on your phone or your home or office computer. Practicepanther provides you the "time" to provide your clients with the best legal service you can give. Practicepanther even provides a billable timer than integrates directly into the matter you are working on. As a previous user of Needles, and Time Matters, Practicepanther has faster integration, and does so much more. It's design makes it simple to use for even those who have never used legal office-management software. Perfect for solo offices or large firms.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Replied December 2017

Thank you so much Mary for the raving review!

Richard from Richard A Childs, Attorney at Law, PC

Industry: Law Practice

Great Law Management Program!

Practice Panther has made time management and client invoicing a breeze. Simply enter time and expenses from anywhere (cell phone, laptop, desktop). Can also send invoices while out of office.

Pros

This program fit the needs of a very busy litigation practice. Easy to manage clients, experts, opposing parties/counsel, calendar events, etc.

Cons

The only thing I have found that I do not like is the inability to add more than one file/matter to a single calendar event. Makes my calendar look very crowded and difficult to manage when I have to schedule 3-4 files for calendar call in the same one hour time block.

Catherine from IP WORKS, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Better than Clio, Better than anything on the market, Fast and Easy!

Many saved hours and freedom from frustration! Peace of mind seeing my trust balance and $ due/ $ paid on the dashboard.

Pros

Fast, easy to use, intuitive program, excellent, responsive customer service. After struggling with software that was too oriented to litigation law firms and didn't work for my IP practice and use of flat fees, software that didn't give me the reports I needed to run my business, and software that took me 2 hours to create invoices that displayed what I needed them to display, I found Practice Panther. It tells me what I want to know when I want to know it, and invoices are so quick and easy to create and customize on the fly. Perfect syncing with Quickbooks also keeps data entry at a minimum. Answer to my prayers!

Cons

There are still one or two reports I haven't figured out how to create; and I am still unsure how to work with PP and Quickbooks when it comes to billable expenses paid by credit card. I suspect these "cons" have more to do with me learning some of the more advanced, newer features, particularly dealing with cost accounting, and less to do with limitations of the software.

David from Fritch Law Office

Automating your Law Office

Before we had Practice Panther we had Rocket Matter as our software management system and they increased our fees significantly after the 1st year of our subscription. Practice Panther has fixed rates. Before we were doing a lot of things manually and spending a significant amount of time finding information about clients, and copying and pasting descriptions of time for billing. Now we have easy access to client information and don't have most of those issues. Also, the templates and inputs are awesome for routine legal forms! The custom fields and custom groups are increasing effectiveness and efficiency and quality of the our practice because of less mistakes and less of the problem of finding old client's names in forms that you might miss. Once created, the templates also makes it easier to find the permanent form for the specific area for your practice. Practice Panther added the ability to bill your time right from the calendar soon after we subscribed which is a huge time advantage. Also, Practice Panther is mobile with a great iphone app and ipad app you can take in the court room or on the road. My receptionist and legal secretary can make appointments which immediately show up on my remote apps and vice versa, and the calendar and billing time also works great on those apps. I researched many legal software management programs before deciding on Practice Panther and I have not been disappointed. It is an excellent software management system for the small to medium size law firm.

Pros

The ability to use client information directly transferred into legal forms

Cons

Not a lot of flexibility to customize invoices

Martin from Martin Mohr Law Firm

Perfect for my needs

I have been using PracticePanther for my small law firm for a little over a year now. It has proven to be extremely valuable and has made my practice more productive. I have been able automate a variety of functions that I use every day to be more productive and expand my business. The software is extremely easy to customize and set up for my practice. Billing, intake forms, templates, workflows, calendar management and client relationship management, cloud storage, client portals with secure messaging are all integrated into the software. No hidden costs. Everything is included and no upcharges. Support is very responsive with several ways to contact them right within the program. They are also very responsive to suggestions and they have quickly integrated requested features. While I am not sure how many people work at PracticePanther, I imagine there a lot. However, I feel like I get the support of a local business and that my business matters.

Pros

I like just about everything about this software and have put most of my likes in my review.

Cons

It is hard to find a least like in this software, and if there ever is it get addressed and fixed. For example I had difficulty setting up my invoices but after contact with their support and granting them temporary access it was fixed in minutes

Thomas from Legacy Counsellors, P.C.

Effective and Deeply Integrated Legal Software

Overall whenever I had an issue or problem their chat window in the bottom right allows you to communicate directly with support. Support does it's best to get you the answer and if it is a very important loss of function it is escalated quickly and effectively.

Pros

Reviewing each area that we dealt with might be the best way to create a picture of PracticePanther. I have provided a short review of each below: The sales team addressed any and all concerns effectively and went deep into any concerns we had. The data migration team did their best to work back and forth with us to try and make sure the data wasn't input incorrectly. Their training team provided excellent training for our employees and still continues to do so. The support lower tier and higher tiers addressed any issues our team has had very quickly. Personally I enjoyed the ability to pull down literally any data search into excel and run analytics on them. It provides a robust way to look at the data and a transparent way to export whatever you may need.

Cons

They have a time frame to transfer all of your data into their system from older systems. If you went outside of this time and missed some things about data quality you could possibly get charged for it. If you are importing a lot of data I would suggest you make sure you have a clear picture of what you want and make sure they understand your expectations as well. Possibly have some longer detailed phone calls with their import team. The outlook calendar import is a bit tricky too, as you need a .csv to import and not just a 365 login.

Kathleen from Schneiders & Associates, L.L.P.

Never lose track of your time

I can keep realistic records of actual time spent, and detail about what I've been doing, which enables me to make a very credible motion for award of attorney's fees when we win.

Pros

As an attorney, I love the power to keep track of time--in real time. I can start a timer to record time spent on behalf of clients, or, I can input the time spent on tasks where I didn't have time to start the timer before jumping into an issue.

Cons

After I got accustomed to the features, I like everything about it.

alyssa from Hall & Dixon, PLLC

Review for Customer Service Representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Hello! I submitted a question to the DM feature on PP on April 28, 2020 to inquire why my plugin feature for Outlook and PP was not working. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] promptly responded and informed me that it was a global issue that was being worked on. Honestly, I had forgotten I asked him this question at all, but here we are two months later and today I saw a new unprompted message from him to say that it had been fixed! His follow up and kind and prompt responses have made me really grateful for PP customer service and dedication to our firm. And his follow up will certainly make my job easier. Can't say thank you enough and I really do appreciate his dedication. I've always appreciated how PP makes my job easier, but this follow up really makes me feel like PP is more than a software and that I can always ask questions! Thanks so much, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Nope, but thank you for asking! Please take care of yourselves in this time.

Timothy from Lessing Legal, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

my firm is a boutique law firm which specializes in trial work on behalf of other law firms.

I'm not sure there is anything I like "least" about the software. As with any software, I would like it to do exactly what I want to do tailored for my particular type of practice. That is obviously impossible absent having custom written software. However, after trying numerous platforms, Practice Panther is the closest thing I've been able to find two custom software.

Pros

When I oversaw operations at my previous firm, I always lamented my inability to leverage existing technology in a thoughtful and efficient way. Changing the dogma at an existing firm seems to be a significant barrier to many firms implementing technology solutions and, more importantly, sticking with them.When I decided to begin anew, I spent weeks trying all of the software out there. I tested the patience of the support teams as I pushed the limits of the various software platforms to make sure they would work in a way that integrated with how I work and think. Once I found Practice Panther, I knew I was where I wanted to be. The program is intuitive, forward-thinking, and addresses the things that I care the most about. Support is rapid and efficient. I'm thrilled to have found Practice Panther as a partner.

Melanie from And Justice Legal

I am thrilled with the ease I can conduct business, track hours, set reminders, and bill clients.

Pros

And Justice Legal provides family law, domestic violence, and criminal legal services to clients seeking understanding and guidance through difficult situations, so clients can find a better path on the other side. That path may connect clients with resources to address personal challenges, destructive choices, needed skill sets, or boundaries. The founding partner of And Justice Legal, graduated Magna Cum Laude from Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service in 1983 and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Rhodes received her Juris Doctorate in August 2000 from the University of New Mexico School of Law. At graduation Ms. Rhodes received the Atkinson Kelsey Award of Excellence in Family Law in recognition of her drafting and lobbying the first statute in New Mexico to require the domestic relations courts to consider domestic violence prior to awarding custody of a child. After 17 years of practice, Practice Panther has assisted me in opening my own law firm with the many work flow tools and customer communication and educational opportunities. One of my favorite features is being able to move seamlessly from using PracticePanther on my Microsoft Word computer in the office to my iphone when I am on my way to Court. It makes it very easy to capture billing with the built in timer while at Court and then to take a snapshot of the receipt for parking and attach it to a client matter as an expense.