VEPRO Health Portal is a DICOM compliant cloud-based medical information publishing solution that is suitable for practices of all sizes. It enables the sharing and publication of health care reports both in-house and across organizations. The solution can be used in a variety of other specialties, such as cardiology, general surgery and endoscopy.
This solution integrates patient health files with a machine-readable Quick Response (QR) code, which is embedded into a patient’s information card. The software provides role-based access authorization, which enables protected data access across organizations. It also has an integrated physician portal, where staff can easily collaborate and share diagnostic images.
Vepro Health Portal publishes various medical information such as film, text, images and audio, in a central location.
VEPRO also provides online remote maintenance which helps physicians to reach out to support specialists at different locations. Support is offered via email.
SHEILA from Imaging and Ultrasound
Easy of transferring images to patients and doctors.
I can track images and see if they are in the portal, if they were routed to correct doctor.
I can also send images via email easily to patients or invite a consult.
Set Up. Most of our doctors are still not set up as the process is cumbersome using Silverlight and IE which does not always work.
Dean from Imaging and Ultrasound Inc
- Generally easy to use.
- Rapid download capability of large files, once you are somewhere with a high-speed connection (the connection on the VEPRO end is always high speed).
- Basic direct viewing capability right in the browser with a single click.
- Ability to email images via a link to anyone of your choice e.g. for second opinions, patients travelling overseas.
- Full quality DICOM download available, which can be viewed in VEPRO EMR viewer or any DICOM viewer of your choice (I use this heavily).
- Very secure and does not require direct link to your clinic pacs as it utilizes a cloud system.
- Works in Internet Explorer and Safari only, and requires download of microsoft Silverlight, which can pose a problem if you are using a computer with limited download privileges.
- Automatic email of images and reports to referring physicians quirky and difficult to set up.