• Pros

• "The ease of use and the newsletter feature is very good. "

• "The user interface is really easy to navigate. The company support is excellent and all questions/training is dealt with in under 24 hours."

• "DonorView has been wonderful-- the customer service is some of the best I've ever encountered and the platform is exactly what we were looking for."

• Cons

• "Some aspects are not intuitive. After struggling to figure how to do various tasks, we have found the help support to be quickly responsive, though."

• "The email functionality is good, but not as user friendly as Constant Contact. It's worth it though, having all of our databases in one system."

• " you could provide our service for FREE, but other than not charging us (insert smiley face here) I do not think there is anything we wish you would do better. "

Browse DonorView Reviews

Aubrey from Martin County Healthy Start

We Love Donorview

I have loved it. The customer service has been great, they answer my emails immediately. And it has simplified my life treamendously.

Pros

The versatility, I shopped around for months looking for something that would be able to fit my unique fundraiser. Donorview, while not super flashy like some of the others...checked every single one of my boxes. It has P2P, ticket sales, silent auction, text campaigne....tons of different features!

Cons

I wish that we had paid more to get a full training up front. I'm positive that there are more features that I could have been using, but don't know of because I didn't have a formal training.

Gary from Ability Ministry

Finding the right tool at the right price

It was an easy to get Sales involved in several meetings as not all the players were available at the same time. The cutover was a breeze and they even went above and beyond our expectations when additional data needed to be transferred across networks. After 2 years, DonorView is still welcoming our input and looking to enhance their system. This product is easy and cost effective for us.

Pros

Customer Support. Some people think Customer Service occurs only when you purchase a product but actually it starts when the product is first introduced. How well the team responds to your questions and offer real solutions tells a lot. Are they willing to answer same questions over and over. Then as soon as the transfer of data occurs, how quick will they respond. DonorView is excellent in this area while meeting the needs of our business.

Cons

While there were a lot of options editing written communication, some options I was used to were not there. However, through their Customer Service and Support Team, those deficiencies were enhanced to meet our needs. Great job listening to customer.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

DonorView met our donor database needs, was easy to use, offered incredible Customer Support and was the right price.

Paul from Athens Area Habitat for Humanity

A great concept but not ready for prime time

I'm not looking to switch away from DonorView, simply because it's better than the patchwork of applications we were using and it's in our budget as a non-profit. I'm still holding out hope that DV will start putting some investment into seriously improving their product for the end user, especially for power users who are responsible for maintaining enterprise data. If they don't, I'm worried that the company will go belly up. But for now, I'm sticking with it despite how frustrating the system is to actually use in the real world.

Pros

The idea behind DonorView is great. You keep everything in one place to get a 360-degree view of your constituents and replace all the various individual systems for email, web forms, payments, events, donor tracking, CRM, etc. And you do it at an affordable price. All these features are, in fact, in the system, which is wonderful. It's in the execution things start breaking down.

Cons

When we signed on to DV over a year ago, I knew there were practical problems with the system but hoped they had an aggressive development team which would stay competitive by continually improving the product. By now, it's apparent that they do not have an aggressive development team and appear to be putting almost no effort into improving their product to stay competitive, which is frustrating for the user and makes us worried that the company may fail and leave us hanging. DV obviously doesn't use this system themselves, at least not in the full way it's intended to be used, or I'm sure the more glaring problems would have been solved by now. There is no power-user interface. You can only search for constituent records with a single string across all fields, for example, rather than being able to search for combinations of field values with wildcards. You lose your found set whenever you drill down — extremely frustrating. You cannot edit multiple records at once if you find a widespread problem (although DV will offer to write an ad hoc script for a fee). Constituents can create duplicate records without the system flagging that event for you. Couples with individual records can use a DV campaign page to donate as a couple, creating a third record, and there's no automated way to split that out to the pre-existing records. You can use a "Family" field to create households, but there's no way to tell the system that you want to mail to some of those households as a household (e.g. we have some donors who tell us they want a single mailer every time, yet they don't always donate, purchase, or volunteer as a couple, so there's no automated way to ensure that they get just one mailer — it has to be done manually every time). Also, the email "templates" are not templates, they're just saved emails. Actual templates would be so much easier to work with. DV has effectively locked down certain design choices by preventing override, which is a real pain when their choices are bad, such as a hard-to-read gray font — I had to go in and tinker with the code to stop the system from ignoring my commands to use a darker font. You can't create any conditional auto-completes (e.g. having all new constituent records within certain cities, ZIPs, and counties automatically fill in a Service Area field). The list goes on. In short, DV doesn't really pay attention to the needs of the actual user in the field and they don't seem at all focused on creating a superior product for the end user.

Francesco from Challenge Unlimited

Everything Non-Profits Need in one location

Our experience has been amazing. The support that everyone at DV gives to their clients is amazing and 100000000% better than what we received with the other software we were using.

Pros

We had Raiser's Edge prior to moving to Donorview. One of the things we like most is the ability to pull reports within seconds and with ease. Raiser's Edge was too complicated when it came to reports. DonorView makes it so simple.

Cons

The thing we like least about the software is the membership feature, but that has nothing to do with how good or bad it is, we just haven't had a reason to use that aspect yet so can't really comment on it beyond that.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

We just liked it better.

Lynne from Vilna Shul, Boston's Center for Jewish Culture

DonorView is Fantastic! Exactly what we need.

We really like DonorView. We came from Giftworks and Paypal, and DonorView is incredible. The system is incredible smart and well thought out.

Pros

Donorview is extremely customizable. It is easy to input new constituents, and the fluidity in which the events, fundraising, and constituent modules interact is fantastic. We like that we can do survey's in the system itself and track responses. Reports are easy to pull. We also like that when we do encounter problems, customer support returns out email and helps out quickly during business hours. They have implemented features for us when we request and are happy to help in any way possible.

Cons

The biggest downside to DonorView is that support is only available during normal business hours. We do a lot of evening and weekend events, and support is not available then. I believe they do have a feature now where you can prearrange and pay to have someone available to assist in an emergency, but it is not standard. DonorView is also fabulous at implementing new feature requests, but they aren't great at telling you that they have done so! I have absolutely discovered by accident that something I requested was done.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

We liked that the system was somewhat customizable. The price was great. We also like how the different modules (constituent, fundraising and events) all automatically spoke with one another. There wasn't an additional add-on.

Kim from Children's Oncology Camp Foundation (Camp Mak-A-Dream)

Industry: Individual & Family Services

What an improvement!

We had become increasingly frustrated with out previous platform in terms of errors, poor customer service and increasing costs. We've experienced the exact opposite with DonorView. The ease of use, data integrity, excellent customer service, affordability and constant enhancement has helped to reinvigorate our fundraising and donor relations efforts.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and we feel good about how we were able to maintain data integrity in the process. Customer service is excellent--- prompt, accessible and collaborative problem solving. The database is easy to navigate and the DonorView team seems very open to suggestions for enhancements.

Cons

We had struggled a bit with the automated donor recognition letters, but a recent enhancement addressed this issue. We also had some feedback that the peer to peer fundraising pages were less intuitive than our last vendors pages, but, again, this has improved and we had greater success as the year progressed.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

It fit the needs of our small organization at an affordable price. The demonstrations made us feel comfortable with the platform and the prompt, concise responses to our questions were invaluable.

Melissa from Christian School of York

Software with Ease

Pros

I like this software for the online auction section that can be included with events. The ease of function for closing and charging all at one time has help simplify the process. The email and text notification feature is extremely helpful to inform those that they have won and auction item. Merging records is extremely easy in DonorView and editing information in a donor record can be completed with ease.

Cons

What I like the least is if someone creates a new record when bidding on an auction and they are already in our system it creates a duplicate record. This is extremely frustrating that it can't pick-up and recognize this and ask them a few questions to avoid the duplicate record process.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

We selected DonorView over MobileCause and DonorView has more options for tracking, recognizing and thanking donors.

Atwell from Hope For Youth

Jack of all trades ...

Overall, we've been pleased with the solution and the company. As long as you go in with your eyes open and manage your expectations, you should be quite satisfied. Everyone we've interacted with is pleasant and committed to helping you get value out of the software.

Pros

The breadth of features is exceptional. We were able to replace almost a half-dozen solutions with DonorView - dramatically simplifying our workflows and processes (as well as saving some money).

Cons

While DonorView can do a LOT of different things, it does none of those things exceptionally well. The features in any given area will not be on par with the features of solutions focused specifically on that area (e.g. donor management/fundraising, event management, etc.). Also, the workflows are not always intuitive and the available tutorials do not cover all of the software's functions.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

We are a youth organization and DonorView is the only product we've run across that combines youth program management with fundraising/donor management. Once again, it's key differentiator is that it's the "Swiss Army Knife" of non-profit software!

David from Oakdale Academy

School Donor Management

Customer service is great - explains things easily and timely. The help videos in particular are wonderful!

Pros

Donor View allows us to maintain great communications with our donors, filter them for upcoming events and pledges, and ensure all tax documentation is timely sent each year.

Cons

To ensure/force a login when a returning donor or new donor/constituent gives to us.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

This gave us the ability to do peer-to-peer fundraising, auctions, and larger special events.

Megan from Murdock Accounting Solutions, LLC

Excellent customer service

We are able to maintain better records and save time with tax acknowledgements by using DonorView. It enables us to have a singular, cohesive database for donors, volunteers, and board members. It also allows us to easily conduct membership and event sales on our website. We are looking forward to utilizing additional features in the near future.

Pros

This company has some of the best customer service that I've ever experienced. They are always willing to help rectify or explain any issues that we run into. Overall, it integrates smoothly with QuickBooks Online.

Cons

Creation of events should force you to map items for accounting, as we've run into unmapped new events causing sync problems. We've also run into issues with DV sending data to QBO in micro details instead of being able to roll into a singular sales receipt. Hopefully, this will be one of their future feature updates.

Linda from Palomar College Foundation

The three E's: Everything, Easy and Enjoyable

My overall experience with DV have been phenomenal. Before DV, it took about 20 hours a week to enter gifts and get out acknowledgement letters, but with DV it takes just a few hours each week. Plus the letters are automatically attached to the donor's record. When pulling reports before DV, it took someone who knew how to word the "query" correctly, but now anyone can easily pull a report by simply selecting the button which indicates which criteria they prefer. As for email blasts, I have found DV to be just as easy as our previous provider, but much less expensive.

Pros

There are several reasons why we chose DonorView (DV) as our CRM when making the choice to switch platforms. The first being that DV offered everything in one system. Previously we were using one software for email marketing, one for event management and one for our CRM. Although the CRM we were using did offer event management and email marketing it didn't meet our needs and didn't offer connection points that DV did. DV offered everything we needed in one platform. The second reason we chose DonorView was because of the usability. When pulling reports, mailing lists, or data, we found that we didn't need to know coding or complicated formulas, we just needed to know how to select a button. The pages are easy to understand and very user friendly. Plus if you have any questions they have videos that walk you through the different programs they offer. Which leads me to my final reason for selecting this program; enjoyable. I have found the staff at DV to be very enjoyable and helpful. Anytime I have had a question they respond quickly and professionally. They offer a solution and will walk me through the process .

Cons

I haven't found anything that is missing from this CRM. We have only been using less than a year, and when I think they are missing something, I call about it and they show me where I can do what I want.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

The variety of features. The pricing.

Nicole from Here Be Lions

Giving via DonorView

Pros

I primarily work with the financial options available in DonorView. Before using this software, we were using more than one software system to accomplish our needs, and by switching to DonorView, we were able to consolidate into one system instead. They have a text feature that allows your constituents to easily give via their phone. It is very user friendly as an administrator to process one-time gifts and/or set up monthly giving for your constituents. We also have a giving page on our website that links directly to our account with DonorView via their portal. On the giving page you have the option to set quick give buttons ($25, $50, $100, $500, etc.) or there is an "Other" button where the user can choose the amount they would like to give. You can also set up giving for a one-time gift or recurring gifts (with options of weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) Donors can create logins and save credit/debit cards to their profiles so that they don't have to enter that information for each gift. In closing, you have the option to email giving statements at the end of the year which makes it easy to send and quick for your constituents to receive. You can also send a personal letter with the giving statements if you wish.

Cons

The text-to-give feature brings up a form for the user to fill out in order to give. I know some text-to-give platforms offer the ability to just text the amount you want to give to the number instead of filling out a form every time. I think this is more of a personal preference for the user, but I can see how texting the number is quick and easy, where filling out a form takes a little extra time.

Aisling from Xavier Society for the Blind

Industry: Libraries

Donor Management Made Easy

Excellent!

Pros

DonorView is very user-friendly, which for me was one of the main selling points. Before moving to DonorView, we used a donor management system that was clunky, convoluted, and overall just too big for an organization like ours. DonorView made life a lot easier - combining a way to organize constituents better, maintain e-communication, run reports for metrics, and seamlessly fit with the look and feel of our website to attract more donors. The support is also top notch - when we have a question or a problem, the DonorView team is very communicative and committed to finding a solution. If we need fields added to profiles, etc. DonorView is very accommodating.

Cons

This is likely due to my own shortcomings rather than a flaw with DonorView (I am not trained in web design, etc.) but I sometimes have trouble with the e-mail templates. Like I previously mentioned, anytime I have a question or issue, the team helps me fix it promptly.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

At the end of the day, we wanted to be able to work flexibly with a donor management system that fulfilled our needs as a non-profit organization while providing the support we needed. DonorView has been A+ to work with.

Maren from Golden Bridge

Industry: Performing Arts

Donorview was a HUGE upgrade from many systems into just one!

Donorview has made some great modifications based on our suggestions and has worked with us to create affordable personal solution when we really needed it. They are super quick and response to helping probelm-solve and understand the system.

Pros

We moved our database from a FileMaker system which was customized for us but was OLD and was housed on a harddrive instead of the cloud. Additionally, we used an email software, event software, an application/forms software and paypal and NONE of the programs talked to one another. All updates to the database were manual and time consuming. When we moved to Donorview it was such a breath of fresh air to have access to our database anytime/anywhere. Additionally, its exceptionally helpful to have purchases, events and donations associated with client records. We do a lot of events and the event software works flawlessly almost every single time. We also have been able to get creative with the forms/surveys function and recreate documents like waivers and applications in that system. Again, extremely helpful to have applications associated with records instead of having to manually update. Overall, we are so grateful to have a software that does pretty much everything we need it to do. We also appreciate the pricepoint for the amount of functionality that we have. We are a small non-profit so it was a good mid-range product that was accessible to us.

Cons

Donorview has an incredible breadth of functionality that is hard to find all in one software. If you analyze any one of these features by itself (event ticketing, email marketing, surveys etc) there is a bit less functionality and is less user-friendly than if you paid for any of those items individuallyl on their own. (For example, our old ticketing software gave us a few more options and was a bit easier to set up) However, having all that functionality ALL in one place at an affordable price really makes up for those minor inconveniences. (Ex. Our old ticketing system did NOT talk to our database so we had to do waivers/tracking manually which was a real pain in the butt). Overall, it has been totally worth the switch. Also, Donorview seems to be very responsive to suggestions and ideas and as a young company seems to be trying to make constant improvements in their system based on feedback. I imagine that as feedback comes in user-friendlyness will just continue to improve!,

Erica from The Arc of Aurora

It's brought us up to date!

Overall we love DonorView and it has been an excellent addition to the functionality of our organization.

Pros

The ease of using DonorView has completely helped our organization. It offers everything we needed such as tracking donations, membership, embedding forms onto our website, events, and SO much more. DonorView customized our entire database to fit our organization needs. It's like we have our own personal system that no one else has with all of the custom features DonorView created for us. Whenever we need changes, they do whatever we need with no fees to do so. We are incredibly grateful for how accommodating their customer service is as well. They always get back to us with any questions or requests to make changes to our account. Typically in less that 24 hours. It's great having such a great team to rely on to make sure our organization functions well.

Cons

Initially getting the software there is a lot to learn with certain features. But, DonorView offers great help videos you can watch. If your questions aren't answered in the videos, their customer service is a great plan B and they always get back to you quickly.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

DonorView offered more customization and flexibility. The price is unbeatable.

Karen from Cheyenne Animal Shelter

Makes my life easier

Pros

I really like DonorView. There was a bit of a learning curve but you will have that with any new software. Any time I have questions or problems, they have been very quick to answer or to figure out what is causing the problem (and sometimes even letting me know that the problem is me). My biggest problem was figuring out the report function (I still have some problems but again I just send an email and they walk me through it). We looked at a few different options and by far this was the best deal around. I am very pleased with DonorView. In fact someone in our organization mentioned about maybe looking into changing software and I flat out told them that I like using donor view, it is very user friendly and if they decided to change it would be without me. That is how much I like using DonorView.

Cons

With our previous software our donors could be listed as a married couple but with DonorView (as with other softwares we looked) at each person is an individual and then put into a relationship. Not only did it significantly increase our donor base but it just didn't work for us so I ended up merging the married couples together to create one donor instead of two. It would have been nice to have that option of keeping them a married couple at the beginning of our conversion so that I wouldn't have had to do all the merging (which took quite a bit of time).

Jessica from Bracken's Kitchen

Yay DonorView!

Overall DonorView has really helped us regain ability to organize all our incoming donations, donor information, volunteer information, and more. We have been able to keep all our important information in one plan and do so with ease.

Pros

What we love most about DonorView is how easy it is to use and simplicity of its functions. We started using this program a few months ago now and its so easy to learn all the features and they did a fantastic job creating support videos and questions/answers. We love the interactive ability for donors as well to use. The best part is definitely the customer service - if there has ever been any confusion or questions, the employees of DonorView have done a tremendous job at facilitating any issues or even creating new features and etc. Overall fantastic program.

Cons

The only thing I can really think of would be in regards to my PRO point of its simplicity. In just a couple areas it could be too simple and limiting.

Taylor from KLIFE

DonorView - The all in one software for non-profit organizations

We work in the non-profit youth ministry sector and have locations across 8 different states. After maintaining a software that we created many years ago, we made a decision to get out of the software business and outsource all software to allow us to focus more on our mission as opposed to software management. All this being said, we spent a few years researching different software companies all to find that we were unable to find a company to fit all of our needs in one place. After visiting with a lot of the large and leading software companies in this industry, we came across DonorView which gave us the opportunity to find a company that had the different pieces of software we were looking for that was all under one roof like donor tracking/management, tracking leader to student interactions, event registration, email communication and much more.

Pros

The best part about DonorView for our organization is that it fills our need of being an all-in-one software that allows us to do donor tracking/processing/management, event registration, email communication, student and volunteer tracking, and much more.

Cons

The thing we like least about DonorView is that it is taking us a little while to get used to a new system and we have found things along the way that needed slight adjustments to make them work for our specific needs. Though this has been a small hurdle for our organization, DonorView has been very helpful in providing continued training and has been very willing to work with us to make the software work for us.

Missy from Virginia Beach SPCA

Great software - so much functionality, great quality for the price, excellent customer service.

We are able to keep our database clean, consistent, and reliable. It is easy to use for all levels of experience and the capabilities of the software are enormous. We love how easily it syncs to our website as well as the ease of reporting to members of the staff.

Pros

I just started using the software within the past year. It has been an easy transition and continues to be as I ask for help with certain areas and suggest improvements. I find the customer service team always timely and knowledgeable. I look forward to increasing my knowledge base with the software as I continue to use it and gain better use of the overall functionality. I appreciate all the time that the team has put into cleaning up our old data to make it work for DV.

Cons

The only suggestion for improvement would be to make the mail merge templating easier to use. I find it difficult to format a letter, especially because I have no experience with HTML. I would prefer to either copy and paste from Word with it working perfectly the first time. I feel as if I always have to do a trial run with a new letter and adjust accordingly.

Waldo from Faith Broadcasting

Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent CRM

Our overall experience with Donorview has been exceptional. Implementing the CRM as our first option and choice for a new office, we have not been disappointed. Brilliant product.

Pros

Cons

While there were initially some functionality missing, the Donorview team are constantly working in the background to improve their product. No cons currently.

Aoife from Support The Enlisted Project

Fantastic! Meets a variety of needs for an enitre nonprofit!

Having one database that performs the same functions as our previous three, it is extremely user friendly.

Pros

So far, myself and my organization has had a great experience with Donorview. The transition period was very simple from our old database since Donorview provided ample support and answered all of our questions and concerns over the transition while also merging our data very quickly. Whenever we have any questions or issues the support team quickly responds and helps resolve any issues. My team and I are always excited to see the new features and updates donorview creates as it is always bigger and better. Thank you to the donorview team for such an amazing diverse software!

Cons

The reporting is the part that we struggle the most with, it is not as robust as our old database so that has been a struggle in terms of acquiring donor retention reports with ease. I know that this will soon be an issue of the past as the software continues to develop.

Sheryl from Second Chance Animal Shelter

Donorview has been a great software for our organization.

Everything is in one place. We were able to combine a few of our software programs into one.

Pros

I like the great customer service. They are very responsive to our needs. We have been with Donorview for a few years. We are happy that they take our suggestions seriously and are able to add features to the software as we have needed them. It has been very helpful. We like Donorview because we were able to combine multiple softwares we were using and now just have one.

Cons

I wish that we could use our current ACH provider for online donations. This would save us cost and additional paperwork.

Tomika from KidsRStrong2

Overall, so far so good. I like the software.

Pros

My experience with Donorview has been fine. We still haven't fully learned all aspects of the software, or utilized it to its full capacity, which is a bit frustrating on our end because of the amount that we are investing. We are still a very small organization so it's essential that we get our bang for every buck utilized. I did find that some areas could be more user friendly, but that could just be a user issue... need to do more research/studying to better utilize the services.

Cons

I honestly still need to delve into the system. I'm still not completely secure in my knowledge of utilizing all of the platforms and therefore still need to research and learn more. It would be nice if there were lower price points for smaller organizations, as the amount that we are investing in the software is a bit much. At the current moment that would be my only concern and feedback.

Sarah from Boys & Girls Club of Bristol Family Center

Great Software + Awesome Staff!

Pros

The thing I like most about Donor View is their quick and friendly customer support. Any question or issue that I have ever had over the past two years was able to be solved immediately. Their software makes it easy for us to manage multiple moving parts of our organization in one place. We are so grateful for the relationship that we have with Donor View and are looking forward to utilizing their software in even more complex ways in the coming year!

Cons

I would like to see improvements on the Email and Social Marketing platform. Uploading images, resizing and changing fonts should be easier. I also would like to see it so that when being viewed on cell phones, it renders correctly and fonts are the right size. It would be nice to just drag and drop photos, crop and then have them be sized correctly. I use a program called Canva, which sizes photos really easily- I would like if your program mirrored theirs.

Cindy from YMCA of the Okobojis

Great value for the cost plus attentive staff and excellent customer service!

We are able to have a donor-centered fundraising approach, which is essential for our philanthropic culture!

Pros

Having all donor information in one spot with donation to donation tracking, reporting, and communication options. Many capabilities within this one aspect of the software

Cons

We have not integrated with QuickBooks yet. We used online auction with mobile bidding in its early stages and there were some hiccups - fortunately the Donor View team made some updates and we are very excited to use it again and again!

Cheryl from Trinity Episcopal School

Perfect Program for Small Non-Profits

The support team at DonorView has been wonderful. They are always ready to walk you through a process and have even added some reporting functions at my request which allowed me to cut my time in half when running reports for gifts/events. This was a big help when organizing the major gala we host every year.

Pros

I am the Development Director for a small private school with no assistants or committee to help me organize fundraising events and donations. This program helps me document donations, track donor contributions over the years, integrate/embed donation or event pages onto our school's website, and (my favorite feature) it's easy to pull specific reports.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software, but there are areas I need to get more comfortable using. There are so many features to make my job more efficient and I need to set up a time to train on those areas.

Jessica from Rock to the Future

Multiple Issues - we're switching when our contract ends

Pros

On the surface, it appears to do a lot. This may be more price friendly than other products, although we pay $3,500 a year, so it's not cheap. I do like the additional features of them mailing out tax receipts / thank you letters.

Cons

Reporting is awful. When asking for help from support, their feedback was that they know the reporting feature is not great. It's very difficult to get the information needed - especially multi year comparison -- without manually manipulating it in Excel. Does NOT work with all browsers. We're using this for ticketing for our gala and it doesn't work on all of the browsers -- who knows how much we have missed out because of browser issues. Peer - to - peer pages are not custom enough and don't look the best. It isn't user friendly. The product in general is clunky. They also charge you a monthly fee for donation swipers.

Robert from Cheyenne Animal Shelter

When we started with Donor View they may not have had every feature we wanted, but EVERY time we mad

Better service, good price.

Pros

We use the email customer service option. The promptness of reply on our requests is outstanding. They also offer a phone assist option but they do so good with email that the telephone response option is not necessary.

Adale from Slover Library Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

I use DonorView to track donations, pledges & event RSVPs for both one-time and on-going patrons.

I like the event campaign features.

Pros

DonorView has a log of functionality that is customized to my organization's needs. The customer service is friendly and timely.

Cons

I have a lot to learn about DonorView's functionality. I have records that are associated with an organization, but I also need to use the data to address individuals that are associated with the organization. This has been difficult to manage when I export the data to send correspondence to the organization/donors. As our donor base increases, this will be more difficult to decipher. DV charges 5% for online credit card transactions. This is higher than average. I am currently exploring other options for this functionality.

Waddy from The Authors Guild Foundation, Inc.

DonorView makes CRM easy and affordable with very reasonable prices and great support staff.

Better control of donor information

Pros

The DonorView support staff is first class. They go out of their way to get you what you need, even if it's not part of the normal package, and their response time is the fastest I've ever encountered. After learning a few ins and outs, the program itself is very easy to use. I do wish there were some standard "canned" reports rather than relying on expert knowledge in Excel to manipulate the data.

Cons

Although DV has been extremely accommodating to my requests for additional fields, it would be wonderful it all fields from all tables could be available on any screen. This would allow various cross-tab reports that are so important to analyzing donor patterns.

Sarah from The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Our experience with DonorView has been completely exceptional!

DonorView far surpasses our previous system for record keeping. In addition, it has allowed us to eliminate a variety of outside subscriptions because of its multi-faceted capabilities. Since implementing this software, we are more organized, which allows us to be more successful as an organization!

Pros

The database is extremely intuitive and user friendly which has made the process of transitioning that much easier. The staff at DonorView is amazing and provided immediate and thorough support for every question I threw their way. I will recommend to anyone I know!

Sarah from Children's Advocacy Center of Hamilton County

I have worked with Paradigm, Sage, and Donor Perfect. DonorView is my favorite software to date.

This is very easy to use.

Pros

I really like DonorView. It is a vast improvement over our previous donor software. The one thing I wish it could do better is filter more easily. Although, that may be a user error more than anything. However, anytime I have a problem or question, I get a helpful response very quickly.

Cons

I wish that DV was easier to read on my mobile phone. It doesn't seem to be very mobile friendly to me, at least on my phone. I also wish that the mobile payment was set up for android.

Jennifer from Rutland County Women's Network & Shelter

I've been very happy with DonorView. The program is user friendly and customer service is top notch.

Pros

DonorView is a one stop shop! CRM, email marketing, gift processing, event management all in one place.

Cons

One piece of DonorView that could use improvement is the email and social marketing templates. It is helpful to have the feature within the database but using it can be time-consuming as the program is a bit ,clunky.

Ray from Bridges of Light Foundation

Great Program

Pros

The ease of use and the newsletter feature is very good.

Cons

The text messaging functionality wasn’t good

Pricing and functionality

Maryanne from Capacitar International

I find the functions of Donorview an excellent choice for our 501c3. It

Pros

It has made donation recording and reporting so easy. I can manage our database easily and it's made doing mail out's much simpler. I can track who is opening and reading, how many times. The software is multifunctional and I like having all those options in one place. The support team are always quick to respond to any questions I might have. I'm still working hard on making full use of all that Donorview has to offer us.

Cons

Some of the reports are not intuitive to run, I've had trouble getting out the reports that I wanted, also running out a mailing list. I know keep a master mailing list outside of donorview, and have to update that address list in two places. I've had some trouble building templates for marketing emails. I wish there were more variations on building blocks for emails.

Marvel from Senior Resource Center for Douglas County

Has more capability than we use. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of additional features.

Database management, reports generation

Pros

The functionality of the software for multiple purposes is appreciated. We can use it for more than just donor tracking.

Barry from Roanoke Valley SPCA

Industry: Veterinary

Nothing is perfect, but DonorView is close

We were able to combine multiple databases by moving to DonorView. Also, we became more mobile with the cloud-based DonorView.

Pros

DonorView provides a better service at a fair price when compared to our last software program we used for donations. The customer support is fantastic, they are fast to respond, always friendly, and rapidly solve problems.

Cons

I do not like the high credit card processing fees. The learning curve has been a lot longer than expected.

Bonnie from Soft Bones, Inc.

DonorView Review

Customer service and tech support is responsive and very helpful.

Pros

Covers many different areas of a non-profit's daily database, fundraising and marketing needs all in one place- one-stop shopping is great!

Cons

Email program and reporting is tricky, not as intuitive. Sometimes takes longer than needed. Also, does not allow PDF attachments or embedding which is tricky. These features should hopefully be coming soon to the program.

Reasons for Choosing DonorView

Enjoyed the "one-stop shopping" feature so we could collect data, run reports, send emails and have one home for everything.

Ericka from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Franklin County

Great Product! Amazing customer service!

Having our data in one place and so searchable. The reporting feature is fabulous and the peer to peer works well!

Pros

We've been live with Donor view for a couple of months but it's already made our event planning and execution so much easier. We also employed the peer to peer for our most recent fundraiser and it worked quite well, as both an administrator and user it was simple and effective. Not to mention it's the first time we've had all our data in one place, which is just awesome! I also can't say enough about the customer service! It's swift and always helpful.

Britleigh from YMCA of the Okobojis

Donorview is user friendly and their customer support team is always there to answer questions.

Pros

Easy to use, has all of the features and functions that I require in a donor database, customer service is exceptional.

Cons

The software does not offer an ACH functionality directly through their website. You are able to link up to a different website and tie the two together, but I would rather not pay an additional fee for the functionality.

Alyssia from Annunciation Maternity Home

Great functionality, great customer service

Pros

DonorView offers a comprehensive platform with integrated functionality to capture donor data from gifts to events to email marketing. Great value for the cost and excellent customer service.

Cons

The front-facing online donation pages and email marketing template builders could be more user friendly.

Emily from The Cambridge School of Dallas

DonorView a perfect fit

Alex from Fins Attached Marine Research and Conserevation

Fins Attached Marine Research and Conservation

Very positive.

Pros

What I like the most is the number of modules that are all integrated out of the box. This drastically reduces the labor time to add people to lists. Email marketing, auctions, CRM, events..... This is all great.

Cons

There are a lot of features built into Donorview. Sometimes it take a while to understand how everything is suppose to work. One feature that I would like to see is an invoicing capability.

Allison from Produce for Better Health Foundation

DonorView is a very straight forward, easy product to use.

Pros

How you're able to customize how your data is inputted, the availability of certain fields. Also how you're able to sort information similar to an Excel file.

Cons

It would be great if the speed of Donorview could be increased. Often times it takes a while to load certain pages.

Angie from Foundation for MS Wildlife Fisheries and Parks

DonorView review

Pros

Keeps track of our donors and all their information, you can run reports, make reports into excel spreadsheet.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little slow when you are putting in the information. I wish it had a prompt that would let you know if you have entered the same donor twice.

Patty from Edwardsville Community Foundation

Great to work with this company. This is the first donor management software we have purchased.

Getting rid of trying to track donors and donations on an excel spreadsheet.

Pros

Very easy to use. Love the reports generated from event management and peer-to-peer which are automatically sent. Appreciate that suggestions are readily accepted and software is continually updated.

Cons

Better communication when updates are made so that you are aware of what the new features are and how they work within the modules.

John from Abilene Hope Haven, Inc.

DonorView has been perfect for our organization!

Improved relationships with constituents and increased knowledge of donor trends, etc. I am more informed about what is going on with our giving than I have ever been.

Pros

About six months ago, I began searching for an affordable, easy-to-use, comprehensive donor database management software. I found all that and more in DonorView. I can enter and track donations easily. I can send custom, personalized emails to our constituents. I can send thank you notes to our donors. I have been more than pleased with DonorView. In fact, before I even began using this software, the staff took time to train me and have always been responsive to any questions that I might have. This has been the affordable, reliable option we were looking for!

Julie from American River Conservancy

Customer Support is amazing. Any question I ask, Daniel usually has an answer the same day.

From emails, to surveys, to donation forms and volunteer hours, this product is a great tool for our small non-profit.

Pros

What I like most about DV is the sorting and reporting abilities. I love that I can export them into Excel immediately.

Cons

Mail merge is VERY slow when you have more than 10 letters to print. I usually just export to Excel and merge with my own Word Document.

Wendi from The Magdalene Home

Most things are good. I find it's a long learning curve unless someone devotes all their time to lea

Pros

Overall we like the parts we have figured out but we are a long way from utilizing it as it's designed to be used. I think once we get there it will be more worth the money we are paying!

Cons

I find it's a long learning curve unless someone devotes all their time to learning this. We were told that we could call in with any questions and we would be "hand walked" through the process. Sometimes we get hand walked through while at other times we seem to get put off and referred to a tutorial video. The issues we've had so far are just trying to master the functions of the software without it taking up hours upon hours of operating time from the two or three people trying to use it.

Melissa from Round Rock ISD Partners In Education Foundation

Reliable, Flexible and Attractive is the best way to describe our experience with DonorView

It's an easy one stop shop for our donors to our database that we can review.

Pros

As we were debating to start our relationship with DonorView, all of the staff have been so hands on with our questions, concerns and excitements about finally having a database system that we can control and also rely on. When we have a question, we receive answers within minutes so that is crucial to our busy schedules. We love the flexibility DonorView gives us, but the reliability with all of the contacts that is in the system.