All Keela Reviews

Leigh

Reviewed January 2018

Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its customers.

PROS

I like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated. We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.

CONS

The dashboard isn't the best. I would appreciate being able to customize it to be able to see the information that is important to you at a glance.

Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to make some improvements to the dashboard and we'd love to hear your ideas. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Replied February 2018

Doug

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Very satisfied with Keela

Our experience with Keela has been amazing from the original sales presentation, to onboarding, to learning how to use the software, to ongoing customer support. Their team is fantastic and probably one of the main reasons that we continue to stay with them. The product is great but the customer support team is just as good. Always very responsive and helpful. Quick to listen to suggestions for improving existing features or adding new capabilities. The Keela DRM has also been extremely helpful to us as a small nonprofit because it puts every aspect of our fundraising, communication and donor management all in one powerful and easy-to-use tool.

PROS

Keela provides all of the tools we need in one place. Not only can we manage all of our donors' information, interactions, and transactions, but we can also organize multiple donor campaigns, create various donor and subscription forms, send out all of our email newsletters and fundraising email blasts. Keela allows you to run just about any type of report that you can think of, set up multiple dashboards for monitoring various metrics, and gives us the ability to set up powerful multi-step automation sequences that can be triggered by various actions. Keela is very affordable and their customer service team is one of the best I've seen anywhere. They're very responsive and listen to their customers for new ideas, potential bugs, and much more. We are very satisfied with Keela and would highly recommend it to any other nonprofit that is looking for a DRM.

CONS

There is not much that I do not like about Keela because whenever I encounter a problem or limitation, I just contact their support team and usually get a response very quickly. Probably my least favorite thing about Keela is their mobile app. It is good but is just a little limited in it's functionality.

Reason for choosing Keela

Keela had the most functionality for the best price. So many features and functionalities integrated into one tool with a simple-to-use and intuitive interface. It was a clear choice for us.

Courtney

Reviewed September 2019

Keela Review

So far it has been good, I am happy with our choice and the abilities, I think with some key enhancements this could be a really great platform.

PROS

I like the overall donor management options including importing donations from other sources, the ability to soft credit, adding volunteer hours, etc. The cost of the software if excellent and it links to several other programs we use. Customer Service is great when I do reach out for help.

CONS

I would the forms to be more dynamic, right now I have to create too many forms. An example if a campaign we did for a free sticker, within the campaign we wanted to offer the donor a chance to pay for the sticker shipping and possible donate something extra. I couldn't do this in one form, I needed a for ​the free part and separate from if they wanted to donate. Overall I think the forms could be improved to allow for more flexibility​, I would like to have some of the questions like "pay for the fee" to default to Yes. Pulling reporting from specific forms is not easy, we use this for tour registrations and it is cumbersome to get to the responses sorted by tour day, overall forms could be more efficient​ and enhanced. I would also like to see a mobile app.

Reason for choosing Keela

Overall package, features, pricing and customer service during the process. We were also referred to Keela by another sanctuary who spoke highly of the platform.

Reasons for switching to Keela

The cost of the two separate platforms was too much for our organization. We wanted on the ​platform for all donor management.

Hello Courtney! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with Keela! The Customer Success team have loved working with you too! We've got some really exciting enhancements to forms scheduled soon - I think you're going to love them! Stay tuned and thanks again.

Replied September 2019

Shauna

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed October 2023

Review of Keela as an admin and user

PROS

I like that it has features we can use on a daily basis all in one system.

CONS

Any new product enhancement isn't automatically added to your subscription. Often has to pay additional fee.

Reason for choosing Keela

Same reason we made the switch. Value for product.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Keela is a Canadian company and subscription is in Canadian funds. Also has all of the options we need and great customer support team.

Laura

Reviewed April 2021

Very happy with our experience!

Overall we are very happy. Keela is easy to use and has helped us improve our donor experience. Our staff can now check donor accounts and see all relationship details at a glance.

PROS

As a smaller charity we are most impressed with the integrated features on Keela. Being able to direct our donors to give online and know that they will automatically receive a tax receipt and thank you makes us very happy. Tax receipts are now branded and our charity is listed on our donors credit card bill. This helps tremendously with brand recognition! We are now able to save a lot in administration costs by no longer having to be dependant on third party processors. More importantly than money saved is the improved donor experience that we can now provide. We never have to direct our supporters to a third party to resend tax receipts, update credit card information, stop or increase monthly donation, etc. The BCC and FWD email features are a real time saver as well!

CONS

There are some features that need improvement to completely satisfy our needs but we find Keela always makes the effort to continually improve their product and is open to suggestions through their Ideas Portal. At the moment our biggest challenges with the software are: limitations in reporting, e-blast design features are limited and donor interactions are not able to be imported.

Reason for choosing Keela

The price point is good, on boarding costs are reasonable, the platform meets our needs and customer service is great. We also liked the idea of supporting a smaller, local company.

Reasons for switching to Keela

eTapestry was very clunky and difficult to use and there was very little customer support.

Oh, hello Laura! Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback. Firstly, let me just say that the Customer Care team think you are great, too! Your feedback over the last 9 months (Wow, has it really been that long?) has been absolutely integral to our Product Road Map. I'm very happy to share that enhancements to Reporting and E-blasts as well as the ability to import Interactions are on all on there! Keep an eye out for communications about each improvement as they're made in the system. Thanks again - we really appreciate you!

Replied June 2021

Richard

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

A Modern and Innovative Tool that Helps Us Manage Our Donors and Sponsorships

Keela has helped our organization have a centralized data management center that multiple volunteers can access to perform tasks that keep us in compliance with our local and national government. In simple terms, it's made everyone's job a little bit easier!

PROS

It was fairly easy to switch from our previous CRM database that we were unhappy with. This software has given us the ability to communicate effectively with our donors, keep track of sponsorship pledges, and track our yearly fundraising goals. All of this has been easy to customize to our organization and add the custom fields that pertain to us.

CONS

To be fair, it's hard to be a "one size fits all" for any product, so of course there could be things that could be enhanced or added. For us, I would like to see when a pledge payment is past due and be able to create a segment or report that could show who is behind and by how much. Also, I would like the ability to create custom reports that would allow custom queries. The nice thing though about the Keela team, is they REALLY listen when you have a particular need like I just mentioned and they provide an Ideas Portal for just that!

Reasons for switching to Keela

It wasn't meeting our needs and even as a software engineer, I had trouble customizing it. The interface was clunky, at best and a bit too minimalistic. We lasted a year and a half and I was happy to find Keela at a slight increase in cost which was well worth it.

Thanks so much for your detailed review Richard, this is great feedback for our team. I am happy to hear that Keela has supported you with data management, donor relationships, and fundraising reporting - that's exactly what we built the system for! If we are not saving you time, we aren't doing our job I noticed there are a few things in the system you are still on the lookout for. Specifically when it comes to viewing and reporting on Pledges. You can actually view the 'Status' of all of your Pledges by going to the 'Fundraising' tool and clicking on the 'Pledges' tab. Here you will be able to view and 'Filter' by Pledge 'Status'. As for the ability to have a visual report of who is behind and by how much, this would be an excellent idea for our Product Portal for our team to review (https://portal.productboard.com/keela/1-product-portal/tabs/1-under-consideration). As for custom reporting, I reccomend reaching out to our Support team at support@keela.com. We have become

Replied February 2021

Laura

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Keela review to date

We have only just started using the software, so do not feel we have had enough time with it yet to review it. We have noticed a couple of glitches with the software which are unique to our two organizations, as mentioned earlier in this survey.

PROS

We are very new to the software, so our focus so far has been on data entry and setting everything up and developing convention for entry to ensure consistency.

CONS

We would love to see the ticketing software that integrates with Keela. We have been using TicketPeak and it is not a simply process to ensure we are accurately capturing contact info. One system for our CRM, fundraising and box office would be ideal. We would also like there to be a way in which we can issue tax receipts for each of our two charitable organizations without having to pay for two separate databases. They are essentially the same contact list, but donations are made to either or both organizations. It would be great to find a solution to this within just the one database.

Reason for choosing Keela

Seemed to be the easiest and most intuitive for an organization of our size and with limited staff.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Theatre Manager was very expensive and very unwieldy for an organization of our size. Because of the intricacy and complicated nature of the software, we had to have regular / seasonal training and it was very expensive. As with Keela, we had to request customer support through booking a "ticket" and response time was too slow for our needs. Keela is better with response times and we have always found you very helpful. We still very much prefer speaking with a real live person over the ticketing system, as our questions almost always require quick responses.

Annastasia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

User Friendly and Excellent Customer Service

PROS

We love how easy it is for people to learn the system. New staff are up and running on it effortlessly. The customer service is also stellar. The team really listens to our needs and helps us find solutions.

CONS

integrating our email provider with Keela's email function was difficult and managing unsubscribes has sometimes been a challenge.

Reason for choosing Keela

price, local company, and customer service.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Nation Builder was too expensive and had too many functions that we were not using.

Kayla

Philanthropy, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed October 2023

Capterra Keela Review

With Keela being fairly new for us still, everyday we use it we are learning new things that can be done within Keela! It has been a bit of an adjustment but we see lots of potential with Keela.

PROS

I personally love how customizable Keela can be depending on the user. It's also nice that there are many functions that can be taken advantage of in Keela, keeping most of our Data in 1 place instead of spread out between multiple products.

CONS

With the amount of Data that was in our old database, we have had a hard time with the transition of correct data into Keela from our old server. It has taken more time then we have envisioned to get everything into Keela from Kindful. Additionally, I have personally had issues with importing taking up to 6 hours with Keela.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Moving to a database where we can ultimately have as much of our work in one place.

R. Brad

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.

PROS

-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software. -Immediate, flexible training for the staff. -Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

CONS

-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily. -We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that we're making improvements to it early this year! We'd also love to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see (you can post them here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)) In the meantime, if you would ever like suggestions on how to access your desired information please don't hesitate to reach out to support@networksforchange.org - we will do our best to find a quick and easy way to get what you need. Also, please also let us know if you are still experiencing issues with MailChimp - We'll be happy to take a look.

Replied January 2019

Elisabeth

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

Review for small charity with staff of one looking to grow our capacity

Overall Keela is excellent and I love using it. More than that, I love the Keela brand and what the company stands for. There's a warmth and personal approach that helps me feel confident that the Keela team are in my corner. Since I'm the only staff member for my charity, I can't overstate the importance of feeling like Keela are an extended part of my charity team - you help me feel supported and less alone. Thank you! (Also love the annual capacity conference - please keep it coming!!)

PROS

The price point is REALLY amazing for very small, young charities. For the functionality, Keela offers huge bang for our buck. My charity Board love that Keela are specifically aiming to help small charities like our grow our capacity. Switching to Keela has allowed me (the ED and sole staff member) to streamline our work flows and automate a bunch of things (like tax receipts and donor thank yous!) that were taking up a lot of my time.

CONS

One thing that bugs me a lot is when someone uses the contact form that is embedded into our website I seem to need to click through several layers in Keela to actually get to their message (notifications > contact > interactions > contact form > message). It'd be amazing if somehow those messages were easier to access - it took me a few goes to figure out that I need to look up "interactions" for a contact, and not "emails".

Reason for choosing Keela

Price, and no need for member logins. Keela has reduced barriers to entry for donors/members, which I love!

Hi Elisabeth, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review for Keela! We are so warmed that you consider us part of your team. We definitely love helping out our customers and consider them part of the Keela family as well :) I've passed on your feedback to our team regarding the form responses and interactions vs emails. We are currently working on some improvements, so hopefully, these items will be included in a release soon!

Replied November 2019

Matthew

Reviewed February 2020

Small Nonprofit Review

Prior to Keela, we were using multiple tools for CRM, donations, and communication. Keela has simplified this and has made my job much easier.

PROS

The intuitiveness and ease of use, along with the broad versatility, are the main aspects that I like the most. It has made our CRM tasks so much easier to perform and track.

CONS

I don't really have any complaints. There are a couple more features I'd like to eventually see (like mobile access or some smoother integrations.)

Reason for choosing Keela

Cost, features, and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Keela

NeonCRM was not very intuitive, it had a lot of overkill features that we couldn't figure out and didn't seem to need, and it was significantly more expensive than Keela.

Howdy Matthew! Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Keela. We're very grateful! We are chuffed to hear that you find the system easy and intuitive - #goals! We're very excited for mobile access too... coming soon! Thank you, again.

Replied March 2020

Linda

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Simple, fairly comprehensive but could use some upgrades

Overall we have been happy with Keela. We chose it above others because we could send our emails and keep up our mailing list in the same software. The emails are somewhat limited but do the job. I am not an experienced computer person, so the software needs to look inviting and be easier to understand and operate for me to like it. Keela was easier than most we looked at.

PROS

It is fairly easy to do the basic functions on Keela.

CONS

I don't often have to pull reports, but when I do it is cumbersome and challenging. It is better than the previous software we used but I like to use the Tags to identify different groups of people and it takes a while to figure out how to do this each time.

Reasons for switching to Keela

The product we had was very difficult to navigate and I dreaded having to use it.

Gerardo

Reviewed May 2019

Easy Button

We shopped around for something affordable. I have works with other CRMs that were even more difficult to navigate but when we were able to master them, it was useful. With Keela, I was hoping for a little more ease.

PROS

The price and the access. It is easy to share with colleagues, has great sections of it suite.

CONS

Although it is easy to access I seem to get lost trying to use it. As a CRM, I am sure it is not in anyway easy but I would think it could be, maybe. It also looks confusing. Is it in Dark Mode yet colorful and blocky.

Reason for choosing Keela

Price and you're history. We are all about small and support.

Hello Gerardo! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback - we are very grateful. I'm glad that you find the affordability and Customer Service of Keela to be so positive - this is fantastic news. We are committed to constant improvement and would love to touch base with you about this! If you have any suggestions or requests for this please feel free to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org - we love them! Thanks again :)

Replied May 2019

Mary

Reviewed January 2022

Great software for the price

PROS

We love the Communications tools offered and the ease in which we can add forms to our website for registrations and donations.

CONS

There is an issue with being able to link a business with the person connected to the business and being able to search by the person's name.

Reasons for switching to Keela

Lack of functionality and old school technology

Hello Mary! Thank you for taking the time to review us here. We can't tell you how much it means to us. I completely agree with your feedback about connecting businesses and individuals when searching. It's been added to our Product Portal a few times (one of them by me!). Knowing our Product Team, it'll be on our Road Map before we know it. It's feedback like yours that help to make Keela the best. Thanks again! - The Keela Customer Care Team.

Replied January 2022

Bryant

Reviewed July 2018

Keela

About the only benefit I have seen so far is that it is an online portal that is easy to put in information and to download contact lists. All of the other functionality that is available is there--we just don't know how to use it. We are still not even accepting payments via PayPal, even though we synched the accounts. Our marketing director needs some hands-on assistance with merging the forms to our website.

PROS

The set up was not as complicated as I thought it would be, and the navigation is well laid out and easy to follow.

CONS

I don't think we received enough human training with on-boarding, and it would have been nice to have more one access to a human as the "prompted" help answers are often inaccurate and not helpful. Our sales agent was fantastic and very knowledgeable, but once we purchased I felt as we were kind of left to our own devices. Now I am not even sure that we set it up the best way. 1. We hae to enter memberships as donations and as memberships 2. The "tags" remain even if a membership expires. 3. We still aren't sure that when we are pulling reports that the information is being put in correctly to access what we need as as information. 4. We were not aware that in order to sync membership payments automatically, we have to use Skype. 5. We should be much much further along in using the different amenities of the site, but so far we are just kind of stuck. We need assistance.

Hi Bryant, thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you have a challenging experience with Keela so far. Our Head of Customer Experience will be reaching out to you shortly to schedule a call to discuss your concerns, and offer assistance and additional training for your team so that you can feel confident to keep growing with Keela in the future.

Replied August 2018