What are Animaker users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Animaker software through verified user reviews

• icon"I have been using animaker to create whiteboard explainer videos for marketing and internal presentations. What I like the most about it so far is its ease of use."
  • icon"It was super quick to learn and their support is the best I've ever had for a consumer software product."
  • icon"It has great functionality and makes it very easy to create your own personalised marketing campaign or even a whole course of e-learning."
  • icon"However, this software is slow, lags, and is not user friendly. I thought it lagged on just my computer."
  • icon"It’s a complete waste of time. Unlike other softwares I’ve used, this took me more than a minute literally to edit each scene and I had over 25 scenes."
  • icon"Videos look very unprofessional, very childish icons. Animaker runs with flash player with make it very slow and annoying to work with."

Browse all Animaker Reviews

• Have you used Animaker and would like to share your experience with others?

Hossamudin

May 2022

A great animation maker, but expensive.

Excellent

Pros

How easy it is to add a character, a nice text, then add animation for a high quality presentation/Explainer video in minutes.

Cons

Again, the price! I wish they could offer a good plan for educational purposes at lower prices.

Reasons for switching to Animaker

I was still learning animation newly, and I almost tried all the alternatives, and switched between each to find the best for me.

Qudrat

July 2022

it is very good application it has more languages and do accept languages

Pros

all application or software is perfect it has many options and animation including we write our language and record voice over and the voice quality is very good

Cons

I think the software should have save options in computer in order to work offline after all work finishes the publish should be online . spell checking option is also important. voice recording should be save some where in software because our language does not exist in online software we can use it for future projects. we request for free trail because i am working for refugee and i am also refugee in Pakistan we do have online payment problems

maYo

This thing sucks

Pros

What I like most is that it tells me I can make a movie, but in all I cant. It's not my skills that are bad, though I would say aren't very good, its the program.

Cons

Firstly, it shows that you are limited to the materials that you can use. If you want it then you'll have to pay for it, which I think is normal for a company but still annoying. Second, I am trying to do a project for my science class and so far I've had 3 days to work on it. The first day I was getting used to it and got a little done. The second day I was absent so the third day I needed to work quickly. I opened it up and it said I had to START so all my progress was deleted. The next time I was more careful and left it open in a tab all weekend. A few minutes ago I wanted to work on it and it said I needed to run adobe flash. I did and when I got back on it told me how to start. ALL. MY. PROGRESS. WAS. DELETED. What the h-e- double hockey sticks! I really hope this thing gets fixed because I would like to acTually use it and recommend it to others. DONT GET THIS UNTIL ITS FIXED.

August 2022

A very user friendly powerful tool for creating exciting video content.

It's so easy to use and animaker support are extremely helpful. Rapid responses and no request is too big.

Pros

Ease of use and variety of features to create eye-catching videos.

Cons

More flexibility to edit recorded videos (that you upload) from within the application. Currently you can only trim, so a lot of recorded video editing has to happen outside the application. It would be great to see some more options for special effects, but has a good base to work with.

Siti

Industry: Animation

June 2022

I always use Animaker to do my presentation video for my assignment and it really help me to deliver the content of assignment easily and creative

Pros

I can edit my animation video easily and also can develop my creativity

Cons

for the character , it does not have many choice of outfit, and there is no baby character

Reasons for choosing Animaker

Because it have some function that allow us to change the outfit for the character, and have many feature for the animation

Kirby

Learning Methods

for a quick animation and learning basic features, I recommend it

Pros

easy to use not a large learning curve. I think for a free version its a good start

Cons

limited in functionality, the limited poses and transition is a problem

Animaker - Good Online Animated Videos Maker

The beautiful animated characters of Animaker made my videos awesome.

Pros

Animated has nice variable Animated characters and motions.

Cons

It would be better if Animaker has a free educational license or discount.

Nice Software for Education

The software is very useful especially to my current job which is teaching young kids.

Pros

I like the features, characters animations etc.

Cons

Sometimes its lag and some effects cant be used.

VINCENZO

Fantastic!

I created a video gift for my friend's wedding and found this site very useful and easy to use. create funny animations to give a touch of originality to my productions

Pros

animaker is a very easy to use site for building animations, also suitable for amateur as well as professional use. I really appreciated the possibility of having a lot of animations for the characters and the expressions they can do

Cons

I would recommend expanding the variety of animated backgrounds and above all fixing the audio to the scenes and not to the whole video so that changing a scene does not change the whole video

Tyler

Great for explainer videos, presentations and e-learning

I was able to become familiar with the creative environment in less than a day and produced my first explainer vid in probably 3-5 hours. Subsequent ones have taken less time. Their customer support is extremely high quality and they really listen to feedback (good and bad) and respond to feature requests very positively.

Pros

Easy to churn out high quality product. Love the character quality and huge library. Also easy to incorporate my own backgrounds and other images.

Cons

Voice AI quality leaves a bit to be desired. I have ended up using a combination of three services, each of which has its own pros/cons. But they all use one or more of IBM, Google and Amazon's ai engines for voice generation. I think Animaker will continue to improve in this area, and I hope one day I won't need to use other services to get human-like quality character voices.

Reasons for choosing Animaker

2.0 had just been released. I felt like this was going to be the winner for me long term. And their characters were such good quality.

Patrick

Preis Leistung passt

Ich bin Preis Leistungstechnisch absolut zufrieden. Es macht spaß mit Animaker zu arbeiten.

Pros

Durch Animaker sind wir als Start-up nicht mehr auf externe Erklärvideo Produzenten angewiesen, die ein vielfaches mehr kosten würden.

Cons

Gegenüber professionellen Erklärvideo Produzenten ist man doch etwas eingeschränkt. Jedoch absolut im Rahmen.

Animações rápidas

Pros

Fácil aprendizado, com uma boa variedade de objetos

Cons

A renderização final em relação ao áudio, não confere...

Tim

So far the best I have found!

I am a foreign language educator and while we are doing quite a bit of distance learning this is coming in very handy to help students understand the short stories and vocabulary I need them to learn/comprehend. Overall I am much happier with this software than the others I have used mostly because it is much easier to have my characters do exactly what I want them to do without having to rewrite my script to match what is available. There are still a few adjustments that need to be made but it is much easier than before. I am anxious to finally have the paid version so I have even more options.

Pros

I really like that the characters have LOTS of different movement options. I love that I can create my own characters as well with all kinds of options. I also like that some of the extra images also have some default movements. I found it to be very fast in exporting and you don't have to wait while it exports. You can do other things. Having the text to speech built right in is a plus. Other software packages that I have used don't offer nearly the amount of options.

Cons

The tutorials could be a little more clear. It has a bit of a learning curve. I wish the animal characters were available on the regular version. I also wish it had an offline version so I could continue to work while away from internet. I wish the text to speech had more voice options and that they sounded a little more human. I am still operating on the free version. Perhaps they are better after paying.

Reasons for switching to Animaker

As previously stated, I like Animaker better because I can have more character options and get my additional images to animate as well. I'd say the functionality is pretty similar between them both. But there are some differences that I had to get used to. I just wish I could work offline, something Toonly doesn't offer either. However, Toonly was a memory and power hog. I do not find Animaker to be quite the same. I also love that Animaker allows for camera adjustments much more easily than Toonly. Renderforest I only used a little. It is very easy to use, has very cute animations, but it is very limited in the free version. I'm not sure how to compares to the paid version.

Josiah

Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros

Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons

While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

Response from Animaker

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker. As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets. Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions. To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same. Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards, Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | val@animaker.com

Replied November 2017

Vusala

My experience with Animaker

It is my strong view that nowadays support that we get together with the purchased IT product is far more important than the product itself. Because it is the support that gives life to the product and provides value. The level of support I have received from Animaker team has been amazing. These guys are very smart and very helpful and very quick. They have quite a bit of time with me patiently explaining every detail, making me an Animaker guru from a person with literally no IT background. I have managed to produce amazing video content with Animaker and any time I encountered a problem or a bug, Animaker team was right there and right available to fix all the problems for me. I am received a great value for the money I paid and I am grateful to Animaker team and I highly recommend this product.

Pros

I loved that you do virtually everything in the software. You can animate everything and you can manage the content any way you like. Breakdown by seconds allows you to manage every second of your content

Cons

I think it would be better if a scene would have like 20 to 30 seconds. My view is that 15 seconds too small and may be time consuming. And I would also love if you could incorporate a feature that helps to animate the characters that we are inserting the way it animates your own characters. For example if I could import my daughters image and could have her move her arm or leg. It would also be great if we could import a video as well and manage it. For example I have a video of my daughter running, I could insert it to a scene, removed the background and have her run in Animaker's background

Carly

Industry: Research

Experience with Animaker

Pros

The wide range of animations and customization is very useful to me.

Cons

There are a number of bugs I have come across in this software, especially related to rendering. It is not uncommon for the "published" video to be different from what I see in editor mode, which is extremely frustrating. When I download my video, I always have to watch it through again to see if there were any rendering errors. This is not a positive experience for me. I also have issues sharing a video with collaborators via link (rather than email). I have also found that the search function for animations is not very accurate. There are not enough tags associated with each animation. When I scroll through all the animations at once, I often find ones that I would have liked to use but they did not come up in my query. While customer service is very responsive to issues I come across, I would prefer not to have these bugs and issues in the first place.

Reasons for choosing Animaker

Animaker was one of the only products I was aware of providing stock animation (as opposed to commissioning an artist).

Praburam

Create videos in a jiffy

Pros

I'm a marketer by profession and I always have a tough time working with designers. Animaker made non-professional video editors like me produce studio quality videos with it's simple DIY video editor. Animaker will be my go-to tool for anything videos.

Cons

Rendering time can be improved. Animated asset collections can be improved.

Vanessa

Amazing product, even better customer service

What surprised me the most was the incredible customer service they offer. I submitted a ticket with a question, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered within 5 minutes. I got my question answered ind depth, but a few minutes later I had another question, which he answered as promptly as the first time. He included links to make sure I got all my questions answered and he even went out of the way and created a video showing me on his screen how to do exactly what I needed help understanding how to do. Honestly, I have never had this level of customer service from a software company, EVER. I use several subscription services for my work and I am just so pleasantly surprised about the level of care that this company provides its users. So happy and thankful! Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

What draw me to Animaker initially was the vast number of different characters, expressions and movements. I have purchased other animation products in the past and Animaker is by fat the most extensive. It is also easy to use.

Cons

It took me a minute to get used to the software, but once you spend a few minutes trying to figure out it's actually very easy.

Reasons for switching to Animaker

Animaker offered many more characters, specially animal characters that I was looking for,and they provide a much wider range of emotions and actions for the character animations than other products.

Ram

One stop solution for all content creation

Good, Surely I will recommend this product

Pros

1. All tools in one place 2. Cost is reasonable for the feature they provide.

Cons

Technical expertise is required not easy as they advertise.

Because of additional features

Because of more feature

RONI

Animaker ... creativity at your fingertips

I was able to complete all the tasks in a quick time, so I can suggest them to others. It's great software even though it's a page.

Pros

the program is very easy to use, the creation and production are up to the examples that the system has. I'm very happy with the time I gained in creating and producing my work, I can only thank you for that.

Cons

There are a lot of flaws in this software that I've discovered, most of which are connected to rendering. It's pretty uncommon for the "published" video to change significantly from what I see in editor mode, which is incredibly inconvenient. I always have to watch my video twice after downloading it to make sure there were no rendering mistakes.For me, this has not been a pleasant experience. I've also discovered that the animation search option isn't particularly accurate. Each animation has an insufficient number of tags. When I scroll through all of the animations at once, I frequently come across ones that I would like to utilize but which did not appear in my search.While customer support is quick to respond to any problems I have, I'd rather not have these bugs and difficulties in the first place.

Marcos

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program. They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive. In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions. In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Ian

Industry: Computer Hardware

Invest in premium versions to get the best out of Animaker

While the software was very good and worked well I feel that after doing a few animations you may quickly use up the suite of objects before all your videos start looking the same. Either that or i need more imagination.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can create quick and simple animations very easily great for corporate videos web based so you can collaborate with people in different locations

Cons

There are various payment levels, but even with some of the paid versions the number of objects available was a bit ungenerous

Looking for easier animation

Xorla

I didn't expect it to be as easy as it was

I only first tried out Animaker to sketch out my script and concept before handing it out to a professional animator to create an explainer video for our new website. 5 hours later, I had an extremely great-looking video to share with our marketing team for review. Thanks to Animaker, I had the freedom to fully explore my thoughts without the limitation of having to explain it to someone else to execute. Oh, and it saved our budget as well.

Pros

As a first-time animator, I really didn't know what to expect. I figured it would take me stitching together a thousand micro actions to create just one motion or scene. To my surprise, the library had countless well thought out pre-made micro scenes that allowed me to develop all my story portions with extreme ease and in the shortest possible time. I love using it.

Cons

Editing pre-made templates can be a little exhaustive. I wish there was a way you only had to replace a character once and have it replicated in all other subsequent scenes.

Gillian

Waste of time !!!

To sum it up, this app is expensive, time consuming and with a whole lot of restrictions. If someone’s subscribed to a monthly fee, they should have access to all the features and something has to be done about how slow it is when you have to preview every scene!

Pros

I’m still waiting for my video to be exported.

Cons

This is the worst software ever! It’s a complete waste of time..Unlike other softwares I’ve used, this took me more than a minute literally to edit each scene and I had over 25 scenes! Secondly, I upgraded to their “starter” package and I was supposed to get 25 assets for free and after adding a few of their video backgrounds, when I went to download my video (after 2 whole days mind you) it said I had to pay for 4 assets that I added and it never notified me when I added it in the first place, so I had to redo all those video parts!! After speaking to them, they said I could use any video assets but to make sure I check that I can add those cuz the ones I added were unavailable! Then why have those in your library? I’m still editing the same video and I have to keep playing it from the start every time I make a change or if something shifts, which it often does! Overall their customer support is good but their app sucks!! Lots of time in editing ! Once the video is ready, you have to upgrade further to have it downloaded in a premium quality. If you add more characters (more than 4), there is an error message saying that it would hinder the quality of the video.

Uri

Lack of Diversity

My overall experience has been good with Animaker. But if it cannot up its game by expanding its character generation options, I may have to choose another product. That's a shame because it really does have some cool features.

Pros

I really like Animaker as an animation hobbyist. There are a variety of actions and expressions you can use for your characters. When I've presented my animations to family members and friends, they've really liked and complimented them.

Cons

As was mentioned previously, I don't like that it's only available online. But, my HUGEST complaint is Animaker's lack of diversity for Black/African-Americans' natural hairstyles. My animations are based on real people. And as a Black woman with Black family members and friends, it's frustrating that I cannot do animations that reflect how we look in real life. I also don't like that there are no character generator options for children. The kids in my family and my friends' kids LOVE seeing themselves in cartoons.

Animaker