(4,836)

4,836

(3,032)

3,032

• Pros

• "I love how this app is so simple and easy to use. This is by far the best project managing app I've seen. "

• "I really liked and enjoyed the prefessional look and the features to keep the tasks under control, very good!"

• "The app is awesome so I can use it easily on the go! This has made it so much easier to keep track of my tasks and focus on the most important items."

• Cons

• "tool is great but it is not easy to understand some of the things are very complicated for example tags option "

• "Initial setup and learning takes a bit of time. It is user friendly but involves some investigation to find how to navigate."

• "The Asana interface is simple to use on the computer, but the navigation is less intuitive when being viewed on mobile. "

Browse Asana Reviews

Filipe from Self-employed

Asana review

Asana is the best way to organize my work and share project status with clients Easy to use on desktop and mobile

Pros

Asana is a great application to organize my tasks I can organize it by projet or client or software version, .... we can define tags to organize task and projects With Asana I can have a overview of my projects where I want, work great of mobile as too Asana can share task with others, to great overview of project Asana is easy to use for all people

Cons

At moment Asana have a lot of functionalities that is enough for organize my work I use it every day with out any problem

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For me Asana work very very much beter than others solutions

Only one issue....

Overall I have had a great experience. I rarely need support so not really sure what to say there. The one thing I did ask for (working with Google Aliases) they refused to do, so I guess if you are good with their program as is, you will be fine. Just don't expect them to go above and beyond to work with you.

Pros

I have been using Asana since 2013 and have taken it with me to each job I have had since. I love the adaptability of the program. I'm able to use it as a daily task list and can use it to manage a team and a project. They have a lot of ready-made templates that you can use, or you can create your own to use repeatedly like for a board meeting or other projects that have the same tasks each time. I constantly am recommending it to other Executive Assistants as it tends to play well with most programs.

Cons

The main complaint I have is that it does not work with Google Aliases. So if your company has a main address, but uses aliases for different departments it will not recognize the alias which means you can't email the project or tasks in Asana. It's not a deal-breaker, but it is a hassle. I've seen many complaints about this but Asana is deaf to them and refuses to correct this. That leads to the arrogance that tends to come through for items like this and attitudes towards religious non-profits, I find it rather sad as it is a really good program, but they are comfortable with it and not willing to help...

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Initially, because we thought we could work around the alias issue. It finally became enough of an issue that we moved to Smartsheet for company-wide projects, but continue using asana for small teams or daily tasks.

Easy to use and quite straightforward

The first thing I find it very useful is that it helps a lot to manage my time and set priorities for different tasks. Because of its ability to be in different projects features, it will be quite handy for the ones who involve in different teams of a company like HR, Project Management.

Pros

It's quite easy to use and it has helped me a lot to keep track of my daily tasks. I find it very satisfying to complete the tasks right after i finish them. It is also handy for the management team to review everyone's tasks and how they're doing at the end of the day. It has already got essential features for task management even in free version, but I'd love to go premium later.

Cons

I hope it could provide more features like insights and trends in free version. But it is still okay to see the general insights of your work.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We're grateful for your honest feedback and we're glad you feel we're on the right track! If you've any follow-up questions, please let us know via our support team (asana.com/support) or community forum (forum.asana.com), we'll be more than happy to help!

Asana is a great team tool, but could use some tweaks.

Overall, it is great to have a one-stop shop for all active projects, but it can often allow for tasks and updates to get lost in the ether, amongst its many many levels of 'tasks' and subtasks, etc.

Pros

Overall, Asana is a very robust and well-rounded project management tool for teams, allowing for near complete customization depending on your need. It can be used as a very high level/overview approach to projects and tasks, down to a very granular and detailed level of project management.

Cons

While the software is incredibly robust and able to be manipulated to your individual or team need, the lack of structure can be a bit daunting. Our small design studio has fairly replicable and common design 'tasks', yet despite my endless searching and researching, there seemed to be little in the way of 'templates' for client/branding-driven graphic design studios, to get started. Rather, it feels very geared toward web and developer design tasks. Also, while I do often work with clients transparently throughout the design process (allowing them into Asana to help accomplish tasks), as well as contractors, Asana is not particularly friendly for studios as small as mine. Rather, it is more geared towards larger studios with many internal 'teams.' And, clients can get lost commenting and checking and responding and sharing within the platform, as the Inbox feature feels cluttered and sometimes lacking visual hierarchy. For example, a comment can end up attached to a specific sub-task, where it will not be seen easily in the overall project task–and getting missed altogether sometimes. Lastly, while Asana is very customizable, some of the ways they treat teams vs. projects vs. tasks can feel a bit backwards, leaving you to 'jerry-rig' the layout and items to work in a best-case project flow for you or your team.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your experience with Asana! We're in the process of launching a new version of our Inbox which should help you get better visibility on information related to your work; you can learn more about this update in the following announcement (https://asa.na/70d) as well as in our guide article dedicated to Inbox (https://asa.na/707). And if you'd like to pop by our community forum (forum.asana.com) to share more insights about your set up, we'd love to share some tips and advice tailored to your workflow!

Hugo from UnicornPowered

Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade

I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros

The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons

Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

Reasons for Choosing Asana

It was free, was always in evolution, offered simplicity. I have used the paid version also the features are greats!

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

Mike from Digital Hill Multimedia

Asana for Client Social Media Project Management

It's our go-to project management tool for client social media work. We are a remote team so we need a cloud-based tool to keep everything organized and it does just that. Love the mobile app as well.

Pros

Asana has been a huge asset for our team. We can break client work down and keep it all orderly in one place with great updates.

Cons

Sometimes I get to many emails! Takes time to go in and identify who should get what alerts and updates.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! It's possible to manage which type of notifications you'd like to receive by email for your projects. You can learn how to manage these notifications in the following article: https://asana.com/guide/help/projects/people#gl-notifications And of course, if you have any follow-up questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented in Asana, feel free to join our Community Forum, where you can ask us questions, log your feature request and get support and tips from our community!

Svetla from IndigoVerge

Very easy to use task management system, worked perfect for an entirely remote team

With Asana it is very easy to manage multiple projects, even such that involve the customer for misc tasks. Progress is easy to follow, and comments and updates are convenient to receive via email notifications. The interface is very intuitive and even customers didn't have any issues with getting familiar with it. Overall great experience with this software.

Pros

Easy to use, even for customers who are working with task management software for their first time, easy to set up permissions, assign tasks, get notifications. The reply via email is a very useful feature, especially when you are on the go. Worked great when we had to handle a big number of customer projects simultaneously.

Cons

The format of email notifications when an update on a card happens can be improved

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us, Svetla. We really appreciate it and we're glad Asana helps your team to work remotely! If you have any questions, or if we can help with anything, feel free to reach out, whether it is via our support team or community forum, we'll be more than happy to help!

Isaac from WebConcepts

One of the best Project Management Software

I am using asana everyday creating tasks, managing projects in a very easy way

Pros

I liked the simplicity of the usage, adding a task and applying it to a user is very easy also other feature the software has

Cons

I would improve the way of managing the workspaces so it will be easyer to find and remember in what worspace i have added a task. Another thing to improve is the way to find any project as the projects are showing on a left column without a way to search and find the needed project and lot of times when you have a large list it becomes very anoing

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I just started to use it as my college use it and it what easier for both sides

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Isaac, thanks so much for your thoughtful and detailed review. This is incredibly helpful! We'd love to hear your feedback in relation to Workspaces and Projects, so if you have a moment, I'd recommend joining our Community Forum (forum.asana.com) to share your thoughts and cast your vote on existing feature requests. We heavily rely on customer feedback to build in Asana, and we'd love to hear more details about yours! Hope to see you there :)

Maxime from MAX.TAB

Perfect and very useful, even for a freelance

Pros

The great flexibility of the tool allows everyone to use it in the way they prefer to organize themselves (table, lists, ...)

Cons

A greater choice of application integration (Toggl for example)

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Maxime, we really appreciate it! We're here to help if you need any help from us :)

Marcelo from Brasilcap

My Asana Review (Brasilcap)

I am happy with it overall, but then i am a heavy user. I see that other team members take sometime to assimilate its potential and value

Pros

Once you know where to go, it's show great use on promoting transparency and team collaboration

Cons

Lack of reports Scrum/Kanban likes. A Query engine would be superb. I use these at Jira and helps a lot. Also some constraints vallidation, configuration/confirmation os necessary fields, things like that

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Jira was our first option, but as we were all begninning our Digital Transformation Journey at the Time. It bacame a concensus that JIRA was way to complex for that moment not to mention it was double the price too. Asana was ease to use right from the start, with little configuration, and it proved so after a while using it

Odette from CASIE

Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App

Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros

Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day. I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

Linda from Brain2

Without Asana? Without me!

Every process, every step, every project - it's all about Asana. It "lives" in Asana which saves us time for other stuff. Asana makes going to work fun for everyone since we know where we can find everything and where we DO everything.

Pros

Asana is a Game-Changer. It truly optimized our processes since we can automate them with this amazing tool. Also everyone in the company is able to work from wherever they want - only by using Asana. It is the best tool for organizing projects and keeping in touch with all the people in your company. You can do repeating processes as well as agile projects. I love it! And I will recommend it to everyone who is in need of having better working processes - and of course more time for other stuff.

Cons

Sometimes it's all about the details. And there are some things in Asana that need to be fixed: e.g. you need formular drafts that you can simply duplicate as well as not having a maximum number in custom fields. It would be also nice if you could automate and individualize custom rules more - but as I said: just details.

Amber from Exit Consulting Group

Industry: Executive Office

Asana Review

We have really been able to streamline processes using asana. Also, being able to really have one place to house all info about a project. I also love using the workload feature. This way I can work with sales to see who needs more work and who is about to go on overload.

Pros

User friendly, ability to use minimal features to as in depth as you want. This helps a lot for my Executives that don’t need to know the ins and outs. Also, the training videos help tremendously to on-board a new employee who has never used the software before. I don’t have to come up with my own.

Cons

Still waiting on Forms that can be created and used at a Team level and not just a project level. I’d love to be able to do more automation with in the software itself. Right now I have to use google forms and zapier to do any if/then functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

User friendly, consistent updates and improvements, integration ability, cost, and most importantly, you listen to your users.

Vasileios from DAC

Asana is the tool of choice when managing digital media projects

Asana is the tool of choice when you want to manage digital media projects. The ability to implement strictly Scrum , Kanban rules is up to you without any restrictions set from the software - and you can be as versatile as you want.

Pros

- Asana is a really intuitive project management tool with a really small learning curve comparing to the likes of Jira, Monday and Airtable. New team members can easily get onboard without much training. - Really flexible as well as it lets you create all kind of project boards based on your needs. Does not restrict you to a specific logic i.e. Jira ; while at the same time gives you tools to organize and shape your project plan as you like eg. with the use of Custom Fields - really cool!

Cons

- The Portfolio functionality being on the Business tier - Having to enroll ALL team members to Business tier and not just some members of the team i.e. just the line Managers. Not everyone needs to have access to the Business tier features and tools.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

- Smaller learning curve for new team members - non project managers - Good value for money - Nice intuitive UX/UI - Support and community with forums where you can find alternative solutions/usages and also get an idea of how everyone else is using the tool - Nice templates offered out-of-the-box so you can kickstart any kind of project

Laura from Gray Research Solutions, Inc.

Industry: Research

Excellent for professional AND personal use

When I started with my company a little more than a year ago, we knew we needed to find ways to streamline our workflows and keep everyone on the same page. I found Asana and it was a near-perfect fit. It has taken a bit to get everyone on-board with the software because it was different than how they've worked before, but we're rolling along now. We wish there was a bit more flexibility with certain built-in features like the progress reports, but overall, as a small research company, it's really helping us work together.

Pros

I'm with a very small company, but we still find Asana helpful for keeping up to date with everyone's tasks. Comments, progress reports, and the ability to connect tasks with dependencies allow us to function as a team, tagging in and out of a project as needed, without missing a beat.

Cons

There is a learning curve for those that are more inclined towards pen/paper lists, which has made implementation a little bumpy. Also we find that because certain things are built-in (like project statuses), we can't always capture precisely where we're at. For instance, there isn't a way to indicate in progress reports that something is "On hold".

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We tried a few different tools, but Asana is what stuck for us. It made the most sense for our needs (communication, seeing projects at a glance, ability to trade off tasks, etc)

Sarah from Design

Highly recommend Asana

Overall, I love my experience with Asana. The software is so simple to navigate, it makes my work life a lot easier control.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate. Due to the clean and simplified design, I can "add/create a task" with the click of a button. It gives me the options to add a project title, project description, due date and even categorize the assignment. As a Graphic Designer, each design project falls in various categories, and it is extremely helpful to be able to label each one. I also love how easy it is to add people to your account, and not only be able to assign or pass projects along to them, but to be able to view their project lists as well. Lastly, it only took a few minutes to have someone explain to me how to navigate the software, which is not only wonderful, but time efficient.

Cons

I would love if there could be a feature where you can instant chat your friends. With that chat box, we could easily talk about project details, etc, instead of having to open up a separate browser to write out an email. I believe having a chat box would allow more direct and faster communication.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Sarah, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our customers share their experiences. I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations! We'd love to hear more about what features you'd like to see implemented in Asana. If you have a moment feel free to join us in our community forum (forum.asana.com) to upvote an existing feature request or create a new one! And if you have any question or if we can help with anything please let us know!

Eddie from NexusEdge Education, Inc.

Best in class product

Pros

While my head of product can speak more to the specifics, we felt that of all the many products we've evaluated in this market, Asana solves those use cases best and provides a lot of flexibility at a very reasonable cost.

Cons

Not everything is perfect, but newer versions started limiting some functionality about how we represent data about specific items on the task list. Sometimes I wish tasks could be tracked in a more storyboard format, but that was less for the use case of software development, and there are other platforms for that.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Basecamp is terrible and confusing.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Eddie, thanks so much for your feedback and detailed review! We're always looking into new ways to improve Asana, we'd love to invite you to share these on our community forum (forum.asana.com)! We already have a few existing threads that you can upvote, but don't hesitate to create new ones, if you're thinking of a specific request that doesn't exist already. We look forward to hearing from you!

Jake from CCM

An honest review: The Pros and the Cons!

With the exception of having trouble reaching customer service to address a billing issue, I have nothing but great things to say about Asana. Our experience using the software has been great. It's helped my team to stay on top of multiple projects/deadlines at the same time without letting anything slip through the cracks.

Pros

Asana is extremely beneficial for tracking your progress/success on large team projects or individual tasks. The key features Asana offers can help you to ensure your team meets specific deadlines, any stumbling blocks are addressed in realtime, and it keeps everyone on the same page. I've used other project management softwares, such as Teamwork and Asana has been the most user friendly platform I've used to date. If you have members on your team that work better with daily reminders, this can be extremely beneficial to keep them on track and ensure high productivity!

Cons

There's one thing in particular that I've found to be frustrating with Asana. Their customer service has been extremely hard to reach at times. They do have employees with phone extensions, but you won't be able to find them online. They do provide a chat feature, but don't always follow up in a timely manner, which can be frustrating if you're operating on a deadline. Specifically, we had an issue with our billing and I could not get a hold of someone from Asana for weeks. We fortunately found a way to contact a representative from an email I had saved from prior communication. Aside from this, I have no cons to point out about the functionalities of the software itself. It's a great tool and would beneficial for any team to use.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We've used teamwork in the past, but Asana has a cleaner look and is easier overall easier to navigate through. My marketing manager, who has managed many large teams in the past was a huge advocate for Asana and she was right!! It's well worth the investment.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Jake, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you consider Asana extremely beneficial to keep your team on track and ensure high productivity! I want to apologize for any trouble you experienced reaching our customer service. We always aim to provide our customers with the best level of support possible and looks like we've missed the mark there. We are constantly working toward improving our support and will use your feedback as part of this process. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know, we're always here to give a hand!

Nic from NicMuhl.com

Accuracy for teams!

Asana has helped me help my clients in increasing efficiency and establishing an understanding between multiple business areas.

Pros

Asana has a number of templates and various different ways to manage and execute projects of different natures. For example, I use and always suggest to my clients that they use a weekly meeting templates where the sections match the various business operations such as marketing, operations, accounts, warehouse, etc. This allows items for discussion to be addressed in the weekly meeting and then allocated to the projects and individuals for execution. It's great for collaborating and ensuring that everyone in a team nails their dealings.

Cons

I do find it a bit pricey for smaller businesses, especially when handling multiple clients/projects from a single account and each project needs to be private. It's too expensive for freelancers or small agencies.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I had previously worked in Asana so it was easy for me to grasp. I also need to train my clients how to use it so it is imperative that I have a thorough understanding of the products I implement for them.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Nic and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to know Asana has helped you and your clients to increase efficiency! We recently made some changes to our paid plans, and among other things, we've implemented a paid solution for teams of 2,3 and 4 people! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if this is something you'd be interested in. We're also available via our Community Forum if you have some questions or need any assistance!

Gabriel from Globant

Best way to coordinate work between agile teams

Asana is one of those tools you can't live without when you add it to your workflow. It offers great capabilities to coordinate people and leave all decisions made about a topic in the same place. If everybody in your organization is using it, you can really leverage its power. Its beauty relays in its simplicity, you can't make fancy things such as track progress of a big project distributed between several teams, but you can use your imagination to go over these issues. The API will give you all the flexibility you need if you know how to code.

Pros

- The ease of use of Asana is one of the best out there no matter the product. It's so easy to start creating task and discover what can you do with them it easily adjusts to your work flows, specially if you work with lots of people. - Everybody can edit tasks, this allows to use Asana as a hub for communicating everything related to a topic, tagging tasks and mentioning people so they get notified. - Hotkeys, I hate going back and forth between the keyboard and mouse (hate using touchpad), Asana provides hotkeys for almost everything you need to do, tab will be your magic key.

Cons

Poor reporting. I work in agile projects and would like to see BurnUps and burn downs, be able to define sprints and reporting associated to the big picture. To do so, you have to manually create projects that act as sprints, you end up with lots of projects and lose the big picture. On the bright side, it provides an API, so I connected to it, and using tags I was able to create customized reporting. Expensive, its cost compare to world-class project management solutions, like Jira. I believe it's worth the money, but as a small company we couldn't afford it. (this was a year ago, before starting at Globant)

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Freemium model of Asana allowed my entire company (over 20 people) to work on the same tool without paying a cent. Its simplicity allowed everybody to use it, so change management would be a breeze (and it was).

Mackenzie from EGYM

An Advanced Version of Trello

Overall, we have been very pleased with Asana. From a team project management standpoint and for keeping individual tasks organized and prioritized, Asana is a step up from Trello. I would recommend this for distributed teams working on various projects (with or without other business unites) who are looking to get and stay organized.

Pros

Asana operates similarly to a Trello board, but has more features and functionality, making it a better investment for teams and individual contributors. Asana enables you to both track tasks along a customizable set of groups and track/prioritize tasks for individuals and teams. Not only that, Asana's interface makes it easy to have and store conversations pertaining to project success with real-time alerts when a new comment is added. It has made working with my team and other business units much easier!

Cons

Asana does have some limited functionality that can result in lengthy conversations within each project "card." Because you are unable to link text, you must paste the full URL, which can get messy when you are adding 5-10 URLs to outside pages/docs/etc. We also cannot add rich text features like tables, which would prevent us from creating a GoogleDoc with the table and adding the link to the text thread. Small inconveniences, but inconveniences nonetheless.

Jillian from ApexDrop

Best Project Management Platform

My team manages Marketing Campaigns and Design Projects with Asana - we did a trial with Monday.com and ended up staying with Asana because of the over all features and capability of the platform along with ease of daily use...Asana is by far the most user friendly task management platform available!

Pros

I have recently optimized my team Asana usage by increasing the number of projects they can manage on their own in addition to Admin view / reporting...these optimizations were a GAME CHANGER for me as the administrator and manager of up to 15 Asana users. It takes a bit if playing around with features but everyday my team is becoming more efficient through their Asana project and task management.

Cons

The only thing that could have swayed me to rate this platform a full 10/10 would be the Customer Support. There is no "live chat" feature with Asana which makes it incredibly difficult and TIME CONSUMING for the clients to research and dig around the articles and forums to find answers for them selves. I'm a millennial and do a ton of research before I get to the point of frustration in not finding what I need so it takes A LOT for me to seek out a response from support. My answers are not easily found and I spent about 3 weeks trying to figure features out on my own - "live chat" with support would get this to 10/10.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Monday.com had WAY too many features - it was chaotic! Asana has a clean interface that makes it really user friendly and the Admin view has improved immensely over the last few years making it much simpler to manage my team.

Intuitive Collaboration and Project Tracking Tool

I have been using Asana for close to two years now to track my day-to-day activities, project cutover tasks and tracking support tickets. I like the design and the layout of the tool and how intuitive every action is. Would definitely recommend it.

Pros

Ease of Use - The tool is intuitive. No learning curve needed. Organized User Interface. Automated Email Notifications. Cloud Service - Can be accessed using thin client. Search feature works well and is fast. Adding Tags.

Cons

Unintentional clicks sometimes triggers actions. Configuring the automated emails was a bit confusing - Emails were sent out to the whole project team whenever a new task was created which we didn't want. We eventually configured it properly.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We tried it within our team for a couple of months before making the decision. Everyone liked the layout and how easy the tool was to learn.

Dave from Bananadesign Ltd

Fantastic project management app

Very pleased with Asana for project management and I now use it with any project that has milestones and multiple people involved. I tried many project management apps but Asana was the clear winner. And as it is free it is a no brainer!

Pros

I really like the way you can structure a project and see what has been done, and what is left to do on one screen. Many apps hide completed tasks but with Asana you see everything. Assigning tasks, due dates and commenting on tasks is very easy. I also like the different ways you an view milestones (list view, calendar view, etc).

Cons

Customers sometimes found it a bit hard to get started. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with Asana or with clients just getting used to something new. Once I had a 5 minute phone conversation to go through it with them, they were on board and using it easily. Some clients switched over to using it exclusively.

Great task-oriented project management tool

We manage all projects with Asana. It's really a great tool! I've tried Jira and Trello, but Asana wins them all!

Pros

+ Easy to use (task oriented) + Statuses, projects... + Collaboration (description, conversations, attachments, notification) + Gantt chart is great! + Slick UI and UX! Great work!

Cons

- Premium features (processes, automations) come with a premium price - Missing feature: a place to store all product feature specs (documents) - like editable documents in folders (something what Jira has with Confluence, but with better UI/UX)

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana has the best UI/UX, easiest to use and to get along.

Bethany from Underground House of Prayer

Lots of Functions

We love Asana and tell people about all of the functions within it that allow us to streamline most of our work and communication.

Pros

Asana is so diverse in it's functions that it meets all kinds of organizational and communication needs. We use it at our church for simple tasks lists, meeting follow-up tasks, small to large team projects as well as having long-term groups distinctions within Asana to create projects within. There's even a great feature that allows you to keep ongoing conversations and document links within specific tasks or project teams. I even have a separate folder within my Asana username for personal tasks and projects for my family, so all the distinctions are helpful.

Cons

Asana is getting easier and easier to use with time and the developers have been making it more intuitive, but it was harder to figure out than a couple other project managers we tried.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana had a really good free version and it had so many powerful functions. We would have gone with basecamp due to its intuitive design, but it costed to much per month. We're very happy with Asana now that we've been in it for a few years.

Billy from William Heany

Asana is great both as a freeware option for task management and larger business tracking

Asana is an effective tool for any size organization from the solo entrepreneur to the 1000+ person team. I recommend it and have used it in multiple of my own projects

Pros

Asana has the ability to filter extremely granular from major projects all the way do to individual tasks done within the project. While it can't give 'status updates' for every portion of a major project you've worked on, you can track all of the things you've completed. This means when you have top-down organizations that want to be able to track everything that's going on a site, they have the ability to do so and drill into the current tasks being worked on

Cons

Asana has 2 major issues - 1st is the lack of export features to excel or other spreadsheet type formats. My company ended up having us do dual tracking because it would not allow this. 2nd, tasks put in a board that aren't used very much are extremely easy to forget about. This means without manual checks a lot of 'to-do' type items never saw the light of day again when surrounded by another large list of 20+ things.

Ciera from REVOLVE IMPACT

Best Platform for Project/Team Management

Initially it was a bit overwhelming to set up and sort through all of the features and uses, but once you work with your team and figure out a system it is hands down the most useful and intuitive workspace / task management platform. There are always new features and integrations to be learned which is great to experiment and use as you grow with the platform.

Pros

The best part about Asana is how customizable it is in so many different facets, you can really tailor it to the needs of your specific team and project. The amount of functions that it has and its ability to integrate other apps and services within it makes it extremely versatile and intelligent once you customize it to all of your needs. I also enjoy that there is a mobile app version.

Cons

With all of its endless functionality tools - it can be a bit daunting in setting up the ideal layout and structure of use for your team. There are so many options and features that can make the software seem almost too sophisticated and complicated for everyday use. Not exactly user friendly up front, but once you figure it out and are patient in working out tailoring your workspace it is very useful and covers all bases.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Overall product reviews, feedback from others who have used Asana, and the number of features and functionalities.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ciera. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we're glad Asana fits your team needs! Setting conventions with you team can be a helpful way to make sure everyone in your team is aligned and working by the same principles. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend checking out this handy post we put together to help you set conventions with your team: https://asa.na/701. We've also put together some handy resources in our Academy (https://asa.na/704), and Community Forum (https://asa.na/705) to help you started with Asana. And if you have any follow-up questions, or if we can help with anything else, feel free to reach out, whether it is via our support team or community forum, we'll be more than happy to help!

Pretty much quite literally, my life is in Asana's hands.

Generally, having ALL of my upcoming tasks (and past tasks for historical purposes) along with the granular ways I can share tasks with others has been a pleasure. I will keep using Asana and hope they fix my main gripe at some point.

Pros

Over the years, with one exception (see below) Asana has proven to be able to evolve with the times and add features while sticking to its core purpose & values. I love the integrations that are available, all that is included in the free tier, the heavy emphasis on keyboard shortcuts and the mobile app. The key feature for me was its ability to manage multiple workspaces with ease.

Cons

Honestly, I love Asana. I have used it for keeping track of my life (personal and professional) for years but there's one thing that happened this year that is a rather large pain point for me and many of its users, judging by their community forums. Every time you switch to a new workspace, it opens in a new tab. This sounds small, but it's HUGE when you're always switching back and forth. I used to use it as a web app (without the browser chrome) so it behaved like a native desktop app. Now, as soon as I open a new workspace, it launches the browser and opens in a new tab. There's no option to disable this new "feature" and the community has spoken. Here we are almost a year later and no explanation or solution has been given (the last time I checked). Boo. That's why I docked ease of use. Also, it's starting to feel a bit heavy on my tablet. Desktop performance is still OK but does take a while to load.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Honestly, a good bit might just be familiarity at this point. That and the available integrations, and what can be accomplished on the free tier if I'm in a situation where there's no budget for a paid solution keeps me recommending it over the others.

Heidi from Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce

The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree

I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pros

I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Cons

There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

Carlos from Centro de Salud Santa Ines UCAB

Collaborative software for project and task management.

I recommend this software responsibly because it is one of the best solutions that work teams have to manage tasks and work projects. With Asana you will be able to develop different types of collaborative activities quickly and efficiently, improving the product of your work and adding to your work dynamics a lot of productivity. Acquire this software and improve your work dynamics.

Pros

Asana is a software designed to facilitate the management of projects and tasks in the working environment. The most important features of this software are the following. -It is a software that strengthens teamwork thanks to its shared workspaces, which are divided into projects and tasks. You can manage large projects, as well as you can manage small operational tasks in your work and assign obligations to other co-workers. -A well explanatory central panel, which mentions each of the details of the project or task you are carrying out and the tools applicable to your projects. -Receive instant updates on the progress of your project or tasks, plus notify you when a member of the team made changes to the project. -You can schedule meetings and pending tasks. -All the projects and tasks you are managing are stored in the Asana cloud. -It has a multiplatform application, so you can access the software from your smartphone.

Cons

Asana has one of the best project management platforms I have ever known. For more than three years I have used this software for work purposes, and both its collaborative workspace tool and the option to develop projects, tasks and store them in the cloud, work excepcionalmemte. Asana developers have done a great job developing this software for businesses. It is a very complete and efficient software for me.

Michael from Self-Employed

Simple and easy task management

I use this as a quick way to jot down ideas, suggestions and tasks when communicating with clients and then I can come back and expand on the tasks with more details when I have more time. Adding in sections to distinguish priority and time-frames is nice as well.

Pros

It's so easy to setup a project and add in tasks when in a rush. It's extremely easy to invite people to join your organisation and being able to have up to 15 for free is amazing. I find the option of being able to view tasks in both a list and board view very useful.

Cons

I use it in a very simple manner just to manage ideas and tasks on different projects so currently there are no cons. A few years ago I did find it to load slowly but they have fixed it and increased the speed.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For my use case Asana is a lot simpler and easier to manage.

Ken from Living Water Digital

If I only had ONE tool, this would be it.

I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pros

Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Cons

I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I looked at Trello, but it seemed a little busy and clunky. I needed something intuitive, and Asana just seemed more user-friendly to me.

Moshe from JBL Brands

Great clean software for managing tasks !

It helps us manage workflow, organize tasks, and delegate tasks. I use it mostly for delegating. Overall I am very happy

Pros

The interface is clean simple and fluid. There is no waiting or load time on any pages, which I consider a very important requirement in any software, especially a task management software. Its intuitive any easy to use

Cons

No good solution from time tracking. No good hierarchy option for organizing tasks. Its not built with every day tasks in mind, its more focused on projects. but its simple interface makes it easily usable for any tasks you need. Chat is near real time, but not real-time.

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pros

I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Maria from fitnessmarkt.de services GmbH

Good software with room for improvement

Asana is a recommendable tool for task management with a very comforting surface. It is easy to handle and set up projects, tasks and teams. It though lacks some useful features that other task management tools like JIRA or teamwork offer.

Pros

Asana is very well designed and has a really nice optical appearance. It helps to structure projects, timetables and priorize tasks in an easy understandable way. It offers a good mobile solution with the Asana app.

Cons

Although it regularly sets up new features and helpful improvements, some features that are essential to me are missing: - The overview of my tasks is a list that can not be sorted in many ways. It only offers to select from project, due dates and likes. I would prefer a sorting by due date connected with the priority of the tasks or due date connected with projects. As I often have up to 15 or 20 tasks per day it would be great to sort them more accurately. - I miss the possibility to priorize tasks independently from their project. E. g. a task is assigned to my within a project and marked there with the priority medium. It though has high priority among my personal due tasks. - Dependencies (not sub-tasks) cannot be set between different tasks. I would like to have the possibility to set a task as dependent on the completion of another task.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Better user surface, easier to understand, already experiences with Asana. JIRA though is used for IT tasks.

Gabrielle from Church at The Well

Asana - more than a to do list

It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

Pros

Cons

There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

It’s overall appearance is modern and sophisticated, yet isn’t overly complicated to use whereas many other programs only offered one or the other.

Zeynel from Atauni

Amazing productivity tool

I have used this software when dealing with complex projects. I have been planning my weeks with Asana. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with tasks, I use Asana to organize my works. And I want to keep it that way.

Pros

+ İt offers all feature any productivity tool can. +Help menu and tutorials are so incredible that it takes only minutes to get the hang of it. +When I create or edit a project, all you need appear in one page. This design help me edit my project most effective way. + I can add task with sub-task, set due date both task and sub-task, add notes, sort them, filter them, assign them to members... and all these stuff can be carried out in one screen. Amazing! + Setting due times for sub-tasks is really important for me, and Asana one of the few software that make it possible. + There are board, list and calendar view options. It is really helpful when creating projects, different each other. + I can view and edit my task in calendar view. + There are well-organized templates to create a project faster. + It is possible to import and export project. No need to waste time when you want to study on a project with different software. + I can to sync projects to calendar and see the task of project I had selected in my calendar. + There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. That makes editing projects even faster. + Even the free version meets all my needs and expectations. Wonderful!

Cons

- I want to set priority levels for tasks, and to sort and filter them by priority level. But Asana doesn't provide this. - I really like it is possible to set due dates for sub-tasks, but it would so much better if sub-tasks appeared in calendar view. - Each project has its own calendar but There could be also a main calendar that help users to screen all due dates for all projects and tasks combined. That would make the software so much powerful.

Jade from Larson Design Group

Industry: Civil Engineering

Excellent tool for project/task/list management

I have been using Asana for both work and personal projects (two separate accounts) for about 6 years now, and I am obsessed. I am constantly thinking of things I need to do for work or personal ideas and business ideas, and it's great for capturing them and organizing them in one place. I make it a habit to cycle through all of my projects once per week to review upcoming deadlines and update the status of projects (sometimes more often). There are some coworkers in other departments who use Asana heavily, but I have not been able to convince my group to use it for collaboration. I would love to get them away from using email, Word docs, and spreadsheets for project collaboration.

Pros

Everything! However, I like that it is easy to quickly add tasks and projects, especially from the mobile app. I rarely miss deadlines or forget things since I started using it. It is a great "container" for all of your project steps, thoughts, notes, ideas, etc. My life would probably fall apart without it! I use the search feature constantly as well.

Cons

There isn't an easy way (that I know of) to see all items across multiple projects that are due on the same day or week. It's possible that I'm not using it the way the folks at Asana intended.

Connor from Catalyze Academy

Cliche Warning: Asana Changed My Life

I was introduced to Asana when I started as a new coach for an established executive coaching firm. At the time, I considered myself wildly-unorganized. I'd tried various task-, time-, and priority-management tools in the past and none of them really stuck. Asana was the game-changer for me. I don't know how to explain to beyond the fact that the workflow and systems seem "natural" to me. The overall flow seems to match the way my brain best operates, and their features have made tracking everything on my plate (which seems to increase every day) seem almost effortless. I'll be leaving that executive coaching firm shortly as I launch my own business, but I'll definitely be taking my experience with Asana with me. I can't imagine trying to run any aspect of my life, let alone my business, without it.

Pros

At the risk of sounding like a super-fan (and honestly, maybe I am), I love almost everything about Asana. But I'd say my all-time favorite feature is the Today, Upcoming, and Later sections. That might sound minor, but that super-simple approach to task, time, and priority-management has been a game-changer for me and my clients. It's allowed me to stay focused on what matters most in-the-moment without losing sight of longer-term vision. Beyond that, the collaboration features are second-to-none. I run every aspect of my business through Asana: Blog posts, client workflows, meetings, presentations, and so on ... Literally everything gets tracked in Asana. And because of that, it makes it very easy to outsource projects and collaborate with others. Finally, another important feature for me has been their Advanced Search feature. Unfortunately they recently removed this from the "Free" plan, but it looks like I've been grandfathered in. Honestly, this feature alone is probably worth paying for if you use the tool as extensively as I do. I have literally hundreds of tasks in Asana, split up among various teams, projects, and sections. Managing a database that large without an intuitive search feature would be a nightmare (and, honestly, probably a deal-breaker). Thankfully Asana's Advanced Search functionality doesn't disappoint (and their "Saved Search" feature makes it easy to quickly access common searches).

Cons

Two things come to mind: I'm really not a fan of Asana's "Home" or "Inbox" tabs. Honestly, I don't understand the point of them and find it a little frustrating that the default view is "Home" rather than "My tasks." Their Home view is a cluttered mess that doesn't give you an insightful or helpful look into your day or your priorities. I ended up creating a custom bookmark straight to the My Tasks view to avoid it. Same goes for Inbox: It's not that I've had a bad experience with their inbox tab, it's just that I don't really understand the point of it. I've never found a viable use case for the Inbox tab after coaching dozens of entrepreneurs through the program.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I wasn't with the company when Asana was originally chosen as our go-to task management solution, but I believe it was Asana's easy collaboration features that made it the obvious choice.

Carlos from Fullo C.A

Asana project management software

More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Pros

Pro: It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time . As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change . It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use . It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Cons

Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for) It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve . Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen, You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it . It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana . As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable. It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

tammie from tigerpocket press

helps me run my business

asana is keeping me totally organized. i have a very specific list of what needs to get done each day. at a glance, i can see what i have next for every single project and i can see what i have planned for the day and the week. (i love the calendar view for my tasks!) it's SUCH a great feeling to check off all the items you have on tap for the day! and it's not just mindless checking off tasks, it's getting me closer to my big goals.

Pros

keeps me super organized because i'm a one-woman show and i can't keep it all straight without asana! i love that you can view things on a calendar and sync to your ical or google calendar. i love that you can create different projects and can create subtasks. i don't have a team, but it has tons of great features to assign and keep track of tasks for teams. i check in on my tasks multiple times a day on asana to keep me focused and it has helped me accomplish more than i thought possible. i also love that you have the option to create kanban boards. you can create recurring tasks which is super helpful. i have all of my projects color coordinated and have due dates set so it keeps me super organized. and it's free!!

Cons

i wish you could switch from list view to kanban view, but you have to select one or the other when setting up a new project. also, since i am a single user, i wish it would automatically assign all tasks to me, but i have to enter it every time. (if you don't assign a task to yourself, it won't show up in "my tasks") i check in multiple times a day to my tasks, so i have to make sure i have assigned all the tasks to myself so they show up and don't slip through the cracks. i also wish that when i completed a task, it would be removed from my inbox. (instead, i just manually archive all items in my inbox every couple days)

Simon from Mission Drive

An essential tool for our business

As a small business that has both internal staff and contractors Asana helps us break projects into tasks and keep track of where we are. It’s easy to set up and use which means everybody uses it.

Pros

Asana makes both managing projects and product development simple. Dare I say it? Perhaps even a pleasure. A pleasure because of some of the funky features it has - unicorns fly when you complete a task, friendly monsters peek at you over cards. But it’s certainly not frivolous. Projects are easy to set up and track. Team members can build a clear view of their work. Admins can report on progress.

Cons

It’s a shame you can’t assign tasks to two people. And that, in calendar view, you can’t rearrange tasks into the order you wish to do them.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Pivotal is great for software development. But not as easy to set up and use.

Dilanka from Jinasena Infotech (PVT) Ltd.

Good and very simple tool to manage your Team and Tasks

Asana helped me and my organization in resolving daily issues when assigning and managing tasks over Projects and Teams. We are an IT Service/Development company where the tasks and resource tracking is the base of billing. Asana helped us in tracking tasks in a very good capacity. However it is seen that the lack of customization ability was given a burning problem increased over days with growing requirements.

Pros

Implementation easiness saved a lot of time. User provision and giving them the access to play with Asana was a great advantage when it came to a full-stacked IT Development Company like us. Simple and elegant design was another plus mark.

Cons

When it came to the day to day functionalities in use users found it little difficult to take the full potential of the assigned tasks because of lack of details captured. Asana should focus on least functionalities to allow end-users (administrators) to customize data/information capturing fields. If the feasibility is there to add some more data driven fields it could have been a great advantage.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

In terms of professional look and feel Asana was in the top of the list even with Trial environments. Lack of customization was a common issue with all these three products, however Asana with standard implementation, covered most of our requirement at that time. That lead us to select Asana over other alternative trails.

Wil from Viridian Agency

Tracking my team and projects has never been easier!

Pros

With Asana, I'm able to easily track projects my team is working and on and where they are with completion. We live off of board view as that gives us a visual idea on what needs to be handled next and by whom. Clicking a box on the board and seeing what tasks have been completed gives me simple access to see who's accountable for things during a project and address any errors in the process. Asana has done an exceptional job also, with making things customizable so that it functions to our company standards and needs.

Cons

The only downfall is that I wish Asana had more options to integrate time tracking as we depend on that to bill our clients. So separating billable from non-billable hours is a must for my company.

Christopher from OneWorld Properties

Workflows for dummies!

Asana is a great platform for designers and marketing teams but may not the perfect solution for more business-finance oriented individuals. Asana feels like an upgraded Basecamp and Zoho with pretty visuals, fun integration, and task/priority management in a nutshell.

Pros

Asana's visually engaging and provides an easy at-a-glance view of projects depending on the template you've chosen for a group/project. In addition, its customization allows for easy task management and tailoring to your organizations needs.

Cons

As a newer user, I found that also having too many options made me feel some decision fatigue. I wasn't sure which template to pick but it took some experimenting and onboarding with Asana's team to figure out what worked for my organization. We currently use it for marketing projects internally and it is being used daily which has been helping workloads and making sure that the team is aware of what is going on.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Zoho feels dated. We were able to do the Asana free trial and found that it met our company needs and hopefully it will continue to meet and exceed our expectations! So far so good!

Kylee from SMS Holdings

Task organization made simple!

Before we found Asana, we were having difficulties in communicating all project needs, deadlines, and expectations. With 9 members on our marketing team, sometimes details can get lost in the daily shuffle or smaller tasks may be pushed to the bottom of the list to make time for those higher priority projects. As this happened, some projects were getting overlooked and deadlines were missed. Then and there, we decided we needed a platform where the entire team can input projects, deadlines, detailed notes, and expectations. Back and forth communication is key when running a large team, and this has allowed us to give instant feedback and ask questions directly under a specific task. If we do ever need to push out a deadline, you can make changes to any of the tasks/sub-tasks. Then, notifications can be sent out via email or desktop alerts. That notifies any user associated with the task that something on it has been changed. This feature of Asana has also been a major asset to our team. Lastly, the calendar feature, showing all present and future tasks, has been a much needed addition to Asana over the last few years. When we thought Asana couldn't be more streamlined, it upgraded to add in the calendar! Seeing everything in an overall view on the calendar is very helpful, rather than just seeing the tasks laid out in list form. It helps us to see everything in a more "big picture" view, so that smaller projects aren't forgotten and deadlines aren't missed.

Pros

The best feature of Asana is the ability to share tasks, deadlines, notes, and projects with team members. By linking our entire team on one platform, it has streamlined our review and turnaround process. There are no gaps in communicating what is needed on a project and when its due date is expected. This has been invaluable to our team! You can assign each team member a task, the date it's due, and add notes to clarify things.

Cons

Truly, I cannot think of a single thing we dislike about Asana - the capabilities are exactly what we were looking for. It is easy to use and has updated over the years to match trends and the growing needs of its users.

Tom from SR Digital

Asana a great work management tool

the overall experience of asana is very goo, its a well built and well designed system that I can imagine I will be using for a long time to come.

Pros

one of the things that stands out to me as a designer, is intact the UI. love the colours and the features of the system. also its a nice touch adding in the little animations when tasks are completed

Cons

the only think I would say I sometimes have an issue with is the emails that I receive from the system. every now and then I will get an email that has a title but has no information about the overarching task, it would be very helpful if you could add in a parent task description or even an excerpt to just to give you some relevance to what the ticket is about

Reasons for Choosing Asana

although Jira is a very robust system the ui wasn't very appealing and for the office it cos a lot more to implement

Enya from Larwick Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Asana keeps me organized!

Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pros

Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I chose Asana over the other case management softwares that we tested out because Asana was by far the easiest to learn, the easiest to understand, and the more user-friendly one to navigate.

Beline from Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine

Wonderful Task Management Software

Pros

The user interface is great - it's easy to jump in and start using it, and then to get better at using some of the amazing features of it. Our team has different levels of users, including people that are less comfortable using new tech, and Asana's flexibility allows them to use it less often and less thoroughly, while other users like myself plan entire projects start to finish, with high levels of granularity, directly in Asana.

Cons

This is a bit of a technical detail, but we are a sub-unit of several teams, in a college, in a university, and so we share our domain name (@xxxx.edu) with the global university, so we weren't able to get the company style account, rather than a basic premium account, which makes dealing with a ton of projects a bit unruly, and a privacy concern. Our fix was to make all the projects private and only share them with who needs access.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

More flexibility, and a great user interface. The cute animals that shoot across the screen when you complete a bunch of tasks are delightful, and a good example of how Asana makes task management easier and more pleasant.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,794 reviews