All OnBoard Reviews

Wendy

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

OnBoard Keeps me on-board!

Nicolas

July 2022

Drive well-planned meetings

Pros

The entire meeting planning process is very easy to manage. It allows all our team members to collaborate in real time from anywhere at any time using different endpoints. The minute generator greatly simplifies the workflow. It provides automated meeting summaries that provide highly significant information for later analysis.

Cons

It has a wide variety of functions that for new users it is a bit complicated to start using it.

Carole

Exceptional software and professional employees

The benefits from implementing OnBoard for our board management are countless! From day one the staff was professional, advised us during implementation, friendly, and respond immediately. It was a seamless implementation process. Our board started using OnBoard and instantly approved of using the portal for all board management. As the lead administrator and developer of the portal I have enjoyed the entire process and love all aspects of OnBoard and the staff. They provide ongoing training webinars and tutorials for new users. They are innovative and ask clients for feedback and features they would like implemented into OnBoard. I have recommended OnBoard to others and would highly recommend OnBoard to anyone considering board management software.

Pros

Impactful features include composing the agenda from a word document, Zoom links can be accessed from OnBoard, improved calendar, Resource Library. User friendly. New features, upgrades, and improvements implemented on an on-going basis. Integration was seamless.

Cons

There are no aspect of this software that are difficult to use. Seriously, there is nothing I don't like about OnBoard.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Features, the look of the product, easy to use, amazing staff, and pricing!

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

We wanted a board management software that was user friendly. We found that with OnBoard.

PAULA

RRTS

It's not as user-friendly as I had expected. Understand I have not used this type of software before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was presented as such a phenomenal tool, and given my experience with it, I don't agree with that assessment.

Pros

It is not terribly complicated to use once you experience it and understand it, but I struggled with the limited instructions that are available to help you learn. I have been struggling with entering a survey, where the same answer options will be given for each question (and not the options you provide). After working on this over the course of 2 days and pulling my hair out at times, I called CS and heard 'oh yeah, that's easy to do" (of course your CS rep would say that, he's been taught how to complete the task). But I shouldn't have had to call CS for the answer; it should be in some tutorial or book at my fingertips.

Cons

It does not appear to be as customizable as we would like . . . we don't have the ability to change any formatting or appearance of the printed product, we don't seem to have the ability to add items to the agenda unless they are listed as an agenda item (sometimes we just want to add a footnote or additional note of explanation).

Brandy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

August 2022

How do individuals and businesses live without OnBoard?

We have been able to use OnBoard for meetings with people in the same room or in different branches, for folks working at home during the pandemic, and a variety of situations. It saves me an incredible amount of time communicating with meeting attendees, and I can't imagine living without OnBoard ever again.

Pros

This software makes it possible to quickly and easily communicate important information about meetings with attendees. It is wonderful to know that everyone is referencing the same version of documents even if something changes between the time that you publish your documents and the meetings occur.

Cons

I wish it was less expensive per user so we could make this available to every employee within our organization.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

I was not part of the selection process, which occurred before I joined the organization, but I am sure that Opportunity Bank chose OnBoard over other products because of the cost, ease of use, and security features -- all of which are incredible important to our organization and industry.

Beth

OnBoard has made my job so much easier!

Pros

We used to produce a printed and bound board book for each meeting, requiring materials to be submitted far in advance, and last-minute changes were not able to be included. OnBoard gives me the flexibility to continue to make changes right up to the meeting date. Board members are able to access the virtual board book from wherever they are using the device that they prefer. We are also able to use OnBoard for committee meetings and cabinet meetings and capture any votes that take place directly in OnBoard. I also use the polls/voting option almost daily with cabinet. There are many small items that need cabinet consensus and instead of waiting until the next cabinet meeting, we upload the needed documentation and send it out for a vote. The results are recorded in OnBoard for future reference, which is especially helpful for any board votes needed during the audit. I also love the ease of use and implementation. I have had to do very little individual training with board members, and customer service has been super responsive whenever I (or a board member) has had an issue.

Cons

It would be great to be able to store a little more information about board members that you could run a report on - such as term information, etc.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

At the time we were choosing the layout and ease of use seemed more user-friendly.

Excellent combination of value and options

OnBoard has streamlined my work as the Board Admin and has allowed board members access to all files they should have access to whenever they need it. Not all board members are quick to adopt the new system and this is causing a lag in the full usage for our company but this is a people issue, not a tech issue. The tech is very easy and fairly intuitive.

Pros

OnBoard is easy to administer and easy to use. It allows me to configure the different areas as I need to and grant granular permissions. It is a great value for the non-profit business that needs to be agile with reliable access to all the items board members could need.

Cons

The only item I wish could be better is the integration with Zoom. The feature works fine but when board members or hosts use the Zoom link inside OnBoard they lose some functionality. To get around this I have taken to posting the Zoom link for the meeting in its title and ask the board members to copy and paste the link into their browser. If they didn't want full use of all Zoom options they are welcome to use the link provided inside the portal.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

OnBoard was the best mix of options and price. I don't feel as though we lost any features we wanted but we saved a good deal of money going with OnBoard.

Aaron

(Almost) Perfect App for Boards and Committees

We have been able to upload all of our board and committee documentation in one place. This makes it exceptionally easy to update and share with anyone who has access. We no longer have to print out hundreds of pages for meetings or the Board Orientation Manual. Using OnBoard has allowed us to navigate through our meetings much more fluidly. The more we've used it, the easier it is to leverage.

Pros

Plenty of room for expansion should the need arise. Extremely feature-filled. Easy but secure log-on (multi-factor identification). Passageways customer satisfaction team seems responsive to our suggestions and needs and incorporates/updates with some frequency.

Cons

Not the most intuitive in the world to navigate but has improved over time. Wish the screen re-sizing options were somehow less clumsy/clunky. Printing documents or agendas still requires multiple steps.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Filled all of our essential requirements and was preferred by our board members when we demonstrated it. Pricing was inline with our budget, although on the higher end. We appreciated having unlimited storage and the ability to add users later on.

Response from Passageways

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! We will take almost perfect, so thank you. We are always trying to innovate and push things to the next level for you. Otherwise, we are glad that you are happy.

Replied November 2019

Easy interface

Most functionalities in OnBoard are much easier to use, both as an administrator and as a user. Customer service response has been good, but there are some features that they haven't been able to improve upon (ie agenda).

Pros

The OnBoard portal is easy for our board members to use with fewer clicks to get the information they need for their meeting. The view is the same from different devices which makes it easier for them to move between laptop and phone views. Having access to AGB resources is invaluable.

Cons

The feature I would like to see improved the most is the downloaded version of the agenda to Word from the agenda created on the site. It takes a lot of formatting changes to make it look good. The version that downloads is very difficult to read. We have tried uploading our own agenda, but then we lose the nice online version when we pull up the meeting book.

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

Easier user interface; access to AGB publications; better flow and easier to upload meeting documents.

Easy to use and excellent customer care

Above all, the customer service has been fantastic from exploration to implementation to now customer check-ins. The price is pretty good too.

Pros

The platform is simple to use and the app is great.

Cons

Some issues with figuring out how to attach a presentation to the meeting.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

OnBoard had a more robust package and better nonprofit pricing.

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

Boardvantage was VERY expensive, the platform was old and clunky, and the app was useless.

Melinda (Mel)

SO glad we made the switch!

Our experience with OnBoard has been excellent. From the sales reps. to the account managers to our Implementation Manager - everyone has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

OnBoard is user-friendly and quite intuitive; it has been a life-saver when making last-minute changes to meeting agendas and materials; it's compatible with both Apple and Android devices; and going paperless has saved us a significant amount of time and money.

Cons

1. Honestly, it's a bit on the pricey side. 2. When an agenda item (title, time, position on agenda, presenter, supporting document, etc.) changes, the software rebuilds the entire board book and any user's annotations/notes disappear - even if their annotations were made to a section that wasn't changed. It would be great if there was a way to retain an individual user's notes/annotations. 3. In the Analytics section, instead of just an Aggregate Count of Book Views by Role and an Aggregate Count of Meeting Views by Role, I would LOVE to be able to see exactly who has viewed board books and meetings so we can track who is engaged on the portal and reach out to those who are not and see if they need additional training or assistance navigating the portal.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

We chose OnBoard because of the user-friendliness and the availability of customer service and tech support.

Jay

Passageways OnBoard - Great Product, Functionality & Value

Our experience with OnBoard has been excellent as we sought a way to streamline and efficiently manage our Board & Committee meeting process, allowing members secure, remote access on different devices , while making our administrative process easier and save printing paper. Additionally, we were seeking a central repository for corporate documents that was secure and easily accessible.

Pros

The software is user friendly/intuitive; easy to maintain from an admin perspective; and more importantly easy for board members/employees to access from remote locations and devices. Does a terrific job on consolidating multiple documents into one meeting "book" with the flexibility to access individual documents and easily move throughout your meeting agenda. One of the other things we find most pleasing is that the ENTIRE Passageway team members (form CEO, sales, account manager, support) are fantastic to work with; always willing to listen and make enhancements and promptly address any questions we may have.

Cons

When we first started using Passageways several years ago, some of the features/navigation may not have been as intuitive as expected, however their team has done a great job in implementing enhancements to certainly improve the process, plus a lot more.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Flexibility of the application, ease of use, people & support, willingness to listen and make changes, value

Deborah

OnBoard Made My Job A Lot Easier

Our experience has been nothing but positive. From the first reach out by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] right through to the customer service outreach with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Onboard is such a simple and intuitive product. As soon as I received access to the product I was able to log in and immediately start building the portal to suit our needs. We had a board meeting very shortly after signing on - I was able to build and circulate the agenda and board materials within the first day of implementing the product.

Cons

I have not received any complaints from the board members. All board members found it very simple to login and maneuver around the portal.

Ease of Use Simple Interface Customer Service Price

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

Sharepoint was clunky and not intuitive. Board members found it very difficult to access board materials and reference documents. The technology did not suit our purpose

Bonnie

Best decision ever!

Our trustees love OnBoard. From the users perspective, it is perfect! From my perspective as the admin, I can't imagine an easier transition/implementation. Everyone I've worked with, from sales, through the implementation process, are professionals and willing to help me any way they can. No question goes unanswered. It has been an amazing experience and I'm excited to learn and utilize more of what OnBoard has to offer.

Pros

Very easy to use and implementation has been seamless.

Cons

Setting roles/terms was the most tedious part in our setup. Instructions were okay; it took the longest to understand.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

We did not look at alternative products. After seeing the demonstration, we knew it was the best and only choice for us.

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

BoardBook Classic was our first attempt at Board management software and it worked well for about five years. Then they moved to BoardBook Premier and it was not a smooth transition because they released Premier while they were still creating training videos and user guides which created chaos. That was when we decided to find out more about OnBoard.

Eric

Great bang for the buck

Have used a much more expensive competitor before finding OnBoard and never looked back. The feature set is way better and advanced compared to the Board software we used before.

Pros

Lots of new features added frequently. Recently they added a way for Zoom to be embedded into the meetingbook. It has lots of features that make it easy for nontech individuals to use and comprehend the software

Cons

Password reset can be a big awkward but not a big deal.

Price

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

OnBoard is much cheaper and had better features

Mendy