(4,723)

4,723

(1,765)

1,765

• Pros

• "This product is awesome! Easy to navigate through and I feel this software is very secure. "

• "I love this product as it is free, fast, easy and saves my information automatically! It makes working with colleagues super easy."

• "Love that it is free and fairly easy, very accessible on any device, remotely, etc. Easy to send to others. "

• Cons

• "There's not too many negative things to say but while it's easy to create or use a simple form, it's near impossible to customize it and really personalize the experience."

• "The functionality of the software is great, however, I feel like the aesthetics could be better."

• "If you want to create sub-questions or sub-forms (i.e. different prompted questions dependent on selected answers) it's do-able but not as easy."

Browse Google Forms Reviews

Chris from Cotterville Network

Nice Embedable Forms Used For Event Registrations

We have used them for years. They are reliable, and a great tool, especially for being a free product. When you embed them, they are reliable to render in the web page every time. This allows for basic logic flow, allowing us to ask yes, no, other, more... questions which need logic to present the proper questions needed.

Pros

This web form is very nice for small event planning. We use it as a registration form for classes we will be having. It is nice to have the form present cleanly on a webpage, allowing the user to fill in the information required, and then submit it to a Google Doc. The ability to receive a confirmation email from a registration and also the end user receiving a confirmation with their information is very beneficial. They can then go back and edit, update, or cancel their registration at a later time.

Cons

Compared to Microsoft's Form, which is equally as feature rich, Google forms look a bit toy'ish. It would be nice to be able to customize a form to make it look a bit more professional, and less colorful and playful.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Typeform was expensive, and we were already using Google more over Microsoft.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Typeform did not offer any actual features that Google Forms could not provide. They did allow for a more customized, professional looking form, but it was VERY expensive. Google's offerings work perfectly for us.

Vanessa from Agency Shield

Free Forms for anything!

I use Google Forms for everything and anything! It's perfect for sending to people to fill out surveys, as a checklist, script, etc.

Pros

I love that it is free and easy to use. It has enough features for most of my needs including response validation, required questions, and even the ability to skip to other sections based on answer provided. I wish it were a little more customizable but really it handles what I need. I have many forms that I've created for customers and for use as a check list for tasks my assistant fills out to keep nothing from falling through the cracks. I used it for scripts and accountability as well. I love that it gives you the option to auto-populate a Google sheet and it has graphs and charts too! I highly recommend using this product and think outside of the box for its MANY uses both professional and personally!

Cons

I would like the ability for more customization and more features would be nice but it covers what I need anyway. I have had some people tell me they've filled out the form I sent but sometimes it does NOT populate that I have a response from them. Its about 1 out of 15 people that happens to so something to look into! But I just have them re-do it as it may be user error, I haven't been able to tell.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Its ease of use and that its free!

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Survey Monkey is expensive and doesn't have many more features to make it worth the price. Its also NOT easy to use.

Sandra from Palm Beach Gardens High School

Google Forms is not forgiving and not user friendly

Overall I have found Google Forms to be very cumbersome, unforgiving, not user friendly, and very time intensive. I can (and have) made simple mistakes where I allow for response receipts and student have sent my Form with all of the questions and answers to their friends. I have also made the mistake of not asking for their name. I was not able to identify who's response was who's, and students had to take the Form again. Because I was not in the Google Beta group, I did not have access to customer support to suggest changes to Forms. For the purpose of quizzes/ test, it is extremely time intensive to type every question, correct answer, wrong answer, and add photos. Other programs have teacher created content to choose from.

Pros

The most beneficial feature of Google Forms is its ability to automatically grade quizzes and populate Google Classroom with grades. I would not use Google Forms at all if it did not automatically grade. I also like the feature where I can edit the answers after students take the Quiz and it will change their grade. This saves me the time of changing all students grade if I made a mistake in the answer key.

Cons

1. I have learned that hard way that you MUST include a question with the students name and period, otherwise you won't be able to sort and find their responses. 2. I have to type every quiz and questions by hand. I realize that Google Forms has other purposes beside quizzes/ test for teachers, but it is far too time consuming now that we are juggling far more than we ever did. There are so many other programs that better suited for administering quizzes/ test with existing questions sets that can duplicated and not personally created. 3. The Locked Mode feature is great! BUT it will only work on Chromebooks. It is a completely useless feature now in virtual teaching because students are working on different devices. 4. This one may be user error, but I cannot easily share a Google Form to colleagues without adding them as collaborators. In doing so, I have to rely on them making a copy and not editing my original. When I send a Form via email, it sends the student view. Again, this may be something I am doing wrong but a better method is certainly not obvious.

Sridhar from ARC Tutorials

Simple, Easy and Smoothest way to collect data

Overall our experience has been good and it has served our purposes of data collection. The fact that we can hit the ground running in no time is what I really appreciate about this product. I would highly recommend it for users looking for Forms, Data collection tools.

Pros

Google Forms creation is super easy and fast. It takes less than 30mins to create a complex data collection form from our end users. There are wide variety of question formats available which can suit any businesses of any size ( ours is a small startup) Forms is also a free product from Google.

Cons

The export option is only CSV. I would like to have a easy way to extract data(certain fields) only instead of the entire zip of csv. Also the way the answers are rendered ( in tabs for each question, was little confusing at first)

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

After careful evaluation, I decided to choose Google Forms for the following reasons. Speed with which our internal teams can learn and create forms. This is the most critical aspect of our business. The wide variety of question formats which are mostly used by standard survey, research and data entry forms that we use. Also Google Forms is free, its best for us.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I found Wufoo little complicated and the overall product seemed too over kill for a small company like ours.

Abigail from Talent Empowering Business Strategist & Coach/Consulting at Kuhn Consulting

Industry: Executive Office

I don't use any other software!

I have been able to solve the problem of capturing vendor information for events through using Google Forms, plus it's free, so that's an added plus. Other forms have limits on submissions and such and I love how Google Forms lets me use the available space in my Drive folders.

Pros

Google forms has come a long way since it first began. I have been using their forms for several years now and I love how they integrate with other programs as well, they allow you to store all your information in a handy spreadsheet, which is customizable. They even allow uploads to the form now which is super great considering I often need photos from applicants.

Cons

Having a back office only section would be wonderful! The only place you can do this is on a spreadsheet, and sometimes it's nice to already have those pieces of the puzzle in place. The other option would be allowing payments to be made through the form.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Jotform has a limit to the amount of uploads they will take on the free version and I hit that and it really messed up the application submission process. Zoho Forms just quit working on my website and they also have limits. I feel like Google Forms is unlimited.

Fabiola from Suprive

Best Forms app in the market

It has been great. I’ve embedded google forms on almost any website or email campaigns that i have worked on. They have delivered excepcional results and worked just great

Pros

What I like the most is the quality- price ration. It is free or very inexpensive while giving you many features like inserting forms on your website, sending them through email campaigns or just giving you the link for you to share wherever you want.

Cons

Sometimes I don’t like that it does not have many options to personalize your forms. Many working features but not so many customization options

Price always

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Because of the price, Google forms is cheaper

Simple, quick and easy to implement.

I would never change Google Forms. We combined the site https://view-awesome-table.com with goole forms in order to create an automated system to add products to a shopping cart.

Pros

The collaboration. It's wonderful how practical is to implement a system on which my electrician foreman can request material and equipment to the main office.

Cons

It would be awesome to be able to customize the link of the form, so I could share a user friendly link (instead of going to tinyurl and sites like these)

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

The price, and the whole benefit of using Gsuite for business.

Alex from HIT Laboratories

Great for simple data collection, basic surveys

Great simple product, however not very suitable for professional data collection (e.g. surveys).

Pros

Best features are free (great for startups, personal projects), ease of use, and familiarity. Google kept this product clean and simple, but enough to meet the majority of users' needs.

Cons

A big drawback: it's easy to accidentally lose response data by making changes to the form. A good practice is to always initiate a response spreadsheet before collecting responses to prevent data loss.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Speed of use and Google integration is an advantage.

Karen May from iBookkeep Virtual Bookkeeper

A perfect professional free surveys for small business owners

I use Google Forms to get information from my clients or prospective clients before the scheduled meeting. I simply prepare some questions for them to answer in order for me to understand their pressing issues or anything they would like to cover during the discovery call or follow-up call. This is to ensure that the meeting will cover everything without wasting time.

Pros

It’s free for anyone who is initiating the survey using his/her Google account. Anyone can respond to the survey even if they don’t have a Google account. Sharing settings can be customized to only authorized recipients. Also, Google Forms can handle large amounts of data in relation to the responses collected.

Cons

Limited design customization. I wish there were more options for layout or templates or add graphics.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Familiarity and convenience as I have a Google Workplace account.

Jay from Avataar.me

Easy to make Survey form and Online exam

I think for making form and taking an exam it is the best tool to create and share the link with participants and they can easily put data into it and you got that data in a structured format so I recommend it for that uses.

Pros

It is a very easy and seamless way to make form online. It takes little time to make the form. You can also make multiple choice questions and also that is with a timelimit set. You can also set points for particular answers. Then it shows the total points that are earned.

Cons

It is good to use but some functionality is missing like advance logic of putting question is missing. Otherwise it is good experience to make simple form.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

The functionality of Typeform is advance than Google Form.

Joshua from The Coffee Oasis

Designing simplistic forms for different systems.

I utilize forms on a daily basis. We utilize the program for collecting data, documenting notes and reporting information, and also data collection that is easily trackable through Google Sheets. Forms provides the elegance and simplicity of the data collection while inputting the information into spreadsheets on the back end.

Pros

I love that Google Forms makes it easy to develop database information for almost anything that someone needs. We utilize Google forms to capture outcomes and to provide surveys for our users. It also allows us to develop data collection for outcomes that we need to obtain for grant writing purposes. Designing the forms are easy, intuitive, and takes no prior knowledge. The forms also provide tie ins with other Google programs such as Google Sheets.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the product. The simplistic and easy design does lack features that fall into more expensive programs; however, this is what allows the forms to be easily designed by anyone.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Forms fits into Google's ecosystem which we also use other products by Google. It's simplistic and we did not have to figure out different programs to do what we want as it's all there together.

Susan from Dallas ISD

Google Forms - A Great way to test

If tests have to be done online - not the best situation - then ordinary multiple choice is woefully inadequate. We already know students are sharing tests and information. By using short-answer, long answer, radio boxes, and "check all that apply" it is much harder to cheat. The test is more accurately reflecting what the students knows, instead of what he/she has memorized. The answers are sorted by similarity, so Wikipedia really stands out! lol Also identical written answers are super easy to spot. Now that we can import, I am developing my test bank for future years. Right now, converting from my previous formats takes a lot of time, but this should improve in later years. Being able to use images, charts and graphs with a few mouse clicks allows me to, again, test what thye know instead of what they have memorized.

Pros

Google forms has saved my LIFE this Covid season! I can do free-response and short answer - no credit for Wikipedia! I can use check boxes, radio boxes, a radio-button grid (for ranking). Not limited to 4 or even five answer choices- It seems to be unlimited answer choices. I can use sections - for example, an extra Remediate section if they get the question wrong, that is skipped if they get the question right. I can use any picture in my question, and also have pictures for each answer. Or I can upload 4 different graphs for their answer choices. Forms has added an Import feature recently, and now any question I have ever used in Forms is available to me in a new form with 2 mouse clicks. I use the Duplicate feature a lot - once I have set up my basic point value, that it is Required, and the type of question, I can then duplicate it over and over to keep the formatting and just change the words. I love the algorithm they use when GRADING. The answers are grouped by length (longest at the top, shortest at the bottom) with similar answers grouped. Makes it easy to spot cheating, and all the "idk"s at the bottom. I can tell it to "mark all other responses incorrect" and then just check for spelling errors and give those points back. Huge timesaver! I can give all the partial credit I want to. I make the problems worth 6 or 8 points, and then just type in their partial credit. Can easily see %correct for each question.

Cons

Caveats are: You cannot format the question, it will be all smooshed up in a paragraph. It is easy to workaround, though. Just take a Snip of the formatted questions [for example color for emphasis, or paragraphs, or bold or italics] and then click the Media button, Upload, Browse, click on the snip. Now the question is formatted. Matching is totally missing, I wish we had that option. It is VERY time-consuming to convert your old Word or PDF tests into a form. Even with add-ons, you are still manually selecting EACH question, pasting it. Then selecting the FIRST answer, pasting it. Then the SECOND answer, etc. There is not a way to sort responses by Time - only by question or by student. I wish I could quickly see who filled it out late and then grade it faster. One thing I do NOT like is that SUBMIT button. If they lose Internet or forget to click it - all their work is gone, and there is no way to get it back!

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Mostly because kids can "scope out" a multiple choice quiz, and Quizizz has no free response option. Also Quizizz is limited to 5 options, and I sometimes need more options (when classifying things, for example, with different sets all in one list.) And Quizizz has no way to give partial credit for a complicated problem.

Survey through Google forms

Google forms has helped for surveys and data collection through online platform. It is easy and has saves times and money for preparing different forms. Google forms is connected with Google sheet Gmail and so on which makes it more effective tool for data collection. Google forms is useful and helpful app for surveyors. Overall the experience with Google form is very remembering as it has helped a lot for completion of school projects. I have suggested my friends to use Google forms. But I hope I would have enjoy more if it would have update its features. Google forms are best of it type for collecting responses from online respondents.

Pros

Google forms are useful for the researchers, students, surveyors and others for collecting data from the respondents. It is useful for the students while doing their projects for fulfilling academic activities. The forms can be share through Gmail, messenger and other mode. This helps for respondents to fill form as per their convenience. Google forms are easy to prepare. We can ask objective questions, choice questions,open questions and others while preparing questionnaire using Google forms. Google forms has some template helping for pioneer to prepare forms. Business can do survey on customer feedback and other related field using Google forms. It saves money and time. It is easy to filter the data collected using Google forms as it automatically analyses some response and gives information. We can customize the forms like need of Gmail of respondents, collection of only one response or more from single respondent. It has facility of insertion of photos and videos which is very useful for preparing effective questionnaire. The option of duplicate save times as we need not to type similar question twice we can simply edit the earlier duplicate question.

Cons

Google forms can be better as it lack some functions. It is not allowed to change fonts of questions as per the user. While asking multiple choice questions it is difficult to manage row and column width and length. Google forms are not for preparing likert scale questions. It can improve the choice on questions type. It has limited the user to ask specified structure question. We cannot customize the scale,alignment ,font colour, font style, and size of Google forms. It is limited to insert of photos ,videos as we cannot insert box and other shapes and arts. Google forms has limited customization. Google forms is limited only to online respondents.

Tony from Incredibility

Managing Customer Happiness with Google Forms

Using Google Forms is quick and easy. It's also free, so for companies on a budget you can build fantastic survey forms without having to pay for expensive systems. It's really easy to set up and really quick to deploy. I highly recommend this service o all my other clients.

Pros

Google Forms makes creating online forms a breeze. We use the forms for multiple purposes, but our main purpose is to collect and collate Customer Happiness Indices. It took me less than 10 minutes to set up a form and we tag it in the signature file of our customer support emails. What makes it really great is that I can see the individual entries, but I can also get a graphical representation of responses. This allows me to quickly glance over the results if I want a quick synopsis of how my team is doing, or I can do a deep-dive and see what's really going on inside.

Cons

One of the limitations on Google Forms is the lack of templates. This means that your forms can border on the boring. It would be really great if Google would provide more templates, or allow users to build and upload their own CSS templates (a bit advanced, I know), so that the forms fit in better with our corporate customer image.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Price was a big factor. I didn't want to spend money on something and not know what the response for users would be like. The other is that it is really simple to use. It took me less than 10 minutes to set everything up, including adding it to our company signature files.

Michael from Masmaikel

The Reliable Free Survey Forms You Can Get

I use Google Forms for various activities and needs. Such as, survey form, RSVP registration form, evaluation form. it's kind of one for all tool. It's so useful and important for me.

Pros

1. It's free (at least for now) it has no limitation of "pro" / "premium" service, hence you can use it at the fullest without paying a dime 2. You can control what what the input. For example, you want short description text as the answer, or you want it as a full number. You can also have options to have checkboxes or single option. 3. This is the important thing. It's integrated with GOOGLE SHEET, so you get all your RAW DATA. 4. It has the summary of the result automatically if you don't want to go complex with Google Sheet. 5. It's connected to your Google Account! So you can access the data easily.

Cons

1. It's not as personalized as the similar service provider, Typeform that has the ability to customize the form, and have several "complex" logic. Such as, if you choose option A, then you'll next question will be B. 2. If you want to process the RAW data via Google Sheet, it requires you to understand the Google Sheet. However, if you can't, there is always READY TO USE result that you can use. It depends on your need. In my case, I usually need to manage & process it through Google Sheet. Don't worry, the easy option is always there.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I enjoy using Google Forms so much because it's free and I don't need that much of luxurious features offered by other provider. With the possibility to process the RAW data, I can get EXACTLY what I want. The challenge is only at the beginning, when I needed to learn on how to use this software.

Sam from Darnell Cookman Middle High

Actionable Insight

Google Forms is wonderful. It allows me an opportunity to gather input from students, families, teachers, or anyone else. This has helped increase my understanding of stakeholder preferences. From designing to implementation to deggregating data, Google Forms excels where others struggle.

Pros

Google Forms is the premier option when creating surveys for users inside and outside of your organization. Data is presented real-time, it is accessible to multiple users too. Forms is super simple to implement.

Cons

For me my limitation is related to organizational preference. Microsoft is the preferred software suite. Any given week I may have access to a Google application in the following I may lose it. The uncertainty could be a Gamble. Forms performs so well I'm willing to take the wager.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google Forms provides the greatest number of options with an ability to integrate into different products. As a Android user I can use Google Forms posting a survey within a different product and receive feedback into Google sheets which is stored in my Google drive. I have all of the data I need within my phone. The experience on the web it's similar if not equal to a phone application.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google provides more options and features to customize forms. Google drops data directly into Google sheets which can be shared with multiple users. Other options are available but they limit users who want to customize deployment.

Judith from New Braunfels ISD

One of the Best Tools Available for Distance Learning Assessments!

Overall, I love Google Forms. It is easy to use, has a variety of features and options in the settings, which makes it my top choice right now for assessments and overall surveys with my students.

Pros

Google Forms is SUPER easy to set up and implement. Other collaborators can be added as well, to make it a worthwhile tool for educators when trying to provide consistency between classrooms. I especially appreciate the settings options to make forms my top choice for everything from surveys and input forms to formalized assessments in the "quiz" function. My students can get immediate feedback, or I can choose to release their scores at a later time. My favorite feature is the "branching" feature. Depending upon my students' answer choice, they can be led to the next question, or they can be given a "reteachable moment" and a second chance question. It is a great tool to address reteaching and reassessment for struggling children!

Cons

While the branching format is my favorite, it does need some work. One thing I have noticed is that several of my students have discovered the "back" button, so when they are given a reteach question, they simply go back to the previous question and choose a different answer until they choose the correct answer. Only a few of my students have figured this out, but as we use this on a daily basis to assess learning at the end of the lesson (in distance learning situation), more and more are figuring it out, which makes it difficult to authenticate what they have truly learned.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google Forms was more in line for the freedom to create that we were looking for at the time.

Daniel from Compton Point

Easy to use and instill confidence

The biggest issue I had going in was that the team did not trust engagement surveys as in the past they were not anonymous and resulted in many employees feeling as though they were in trouble for their answers. Google allowed us to conduct the survey anonymously and many felt confident in that there was no way for us to identify who it was that submitted an answer!

Pros

For this, I loved how simple it was to setup, but how intuitive it was. We used it to conduct our annual engagement survey when I first started years ago, and building the questions, answers, and exporting the results were all relatively simple compared to most other software.

Cons

The hardest thing was honestly not that big of a deal, but it doesn't print the summary of results very cleanly. The page breaks often resulted in tables being cut off or not printing at all, but we were able to export the results to excel and build the tables that way, which allowed for greater customization.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Price and the ability to ensure and prove to our team that the results were anonymous.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Again I was looking to instill confidence in our team that the survey was anonymous and given that Google was a free option that was easy to use, it made it a pretty obvious choice.

Jennifer from Campbell Hall

Best for quick and simple surveys or sign-ups

I would highly recommend using Google Forms as a quick, easy, and free way to create forms for simple surveys, basic event registrations, and contact info collection. There are some limitations so it's best for basic data collection.

Pros

Lots of pros- it’s easy to use once you get familiar with the icons/functions of form building. It’s great to have many options for the types of responses you want (short text, paragraph, multiple choice, check boxes, and drop downs). There is also a file upload option (but you have to require sign-in). You can have settings in place to be alerted via email when a response comes in. You can set it up so that a spreadsheet is created. You can also embed the form on your site or email. This form is best when you keep it simple. Using this as a sign-up form or other simple data collection is best. We’ve used Google Forms to create event registrations, event surveys, newsletter content collection, contact info updates, suggestion boxes, and even science fair applications.

Cons

I do wish there was more display customization. Especially with fonts- there are no options for type, size, color, etc. Sometimes you want to be able to bold or underline part of the question or description and there is no way to do that. The only way to emphasize certain parts of the text is to use all uppercase letters or to insert a bunch of symbols. The other challenge is that for being a user-friendly form builder, there are certainly many elements that are not intuitive. These include looking for the if/then button, the theme options, setting up email alerts, setting up editing access, figuring out the options for sharing the form (login required, no login, etc.), and even to get the link you should use. It all makes sense afterwards. However, they are all in different spots. Some of our faculty aren’t comfortable with a lot of web programs and they are easily confused looking for all the various settings… especially when all the functions are icon based. It would also be great if there were different print view options. If you use the response spreadsheet, it’s not an issue. But some of our faculty need to print out individual responses. In those instances, there is no condensed version to print. Even a brief registration form can end up being 3 pages.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Since we already use Gmail and Google Drive, it's natural to use Google Forms. It's one less login for the rest of the faculty and staff to remember, and it's helpful to collaborate/access the forms between teams. For more complex surveys, we do end up using Survey Monkey.

Supun from University of Jaffna

Google Forms - Easy way to collect data

Google forms is an online surveying platform that use to collect data and analyze them. Because of its features, we can create advance questionnaires very simply and quickly. Results collected from the questionnaire can be analyzed very quickly looking at the charts generated automatically by the platform. Almost every person in the world has their own smartphone now. Therefore we can easily collect information from the people. I think Google forms is the best way to collect data analyze them.

Pros

Google forms is very simple to use, for both parties who make the questionnaire and who answer the questionnaire. Many types of question formats are available in Google forms and we can use them as our need. Radio buttons are available to select one choice from the given answer list, check boxes to select one or more choices and we can include text box to type the answer. This is a great feature of Google forms. I used normal question papers to collect data earlier and that was very annoying work. I had to make the question sheet, print it, share those printed question sheets among people and collect them. That was very hard and costly. Analyzing those answer sheets also very hard. But now it is quite easy with Google forms. No any printing and distribution cost. I can make them and share through Whatsapp, Facebook or any social media. Analyzing the result is very easy and fast because this gives out a real time result for the answers collected using graphical representations like graphs. There is an important option in Google forms. From this option, we can set how many times one person can answer the survey. It can be set to one time or many times. This option also very helpful when someone who we need to collect answers do not having a phone.

Cons

I don’t have any bad feeling about Google forms. But I faced some problems in some instances when using this. This requires internet connection to fill the form and analyze results. Therefore without internet we cannot use this. Another problem I faced that some people don’t know how to use this. Still there are some rural areas where smartphones are not in use. If we want to do a survey with them, we cannot use Google forms. No any considerable issue on using Google forms to collect data other than those mentioned above.

Tanuj from IIIT Delhi

Google Forms: Fast & Efficient Surveys and Questionnaires

Overall, Google Forms is an excellent service to efficiently create and deploy forms and questionnaires, especially if your work involves getting quick responses from a wide variety of users. With the sheer amount of granularity it provides and its suggestive features, it is an indispensable tool for anyone who wishes to reach out to a vast number of respondents.

Pros

Google Forms lets you create forms, surveys as well as questionnaires in a swift and simplified manner without compromising on the granularity of customizations. In my experience, making forms and deploying them to more users has never been as efficient without Google Forms. It not only provides a variety of options to fine-tune the questions (as well as their expected responses) but also recognizes patterns within the body of the questions themselves and automatically suggests optimum parameters for the same. Furthermore, it provides multiple ways for users to share their forms to external channels and get responses fast. Upon receiving responses, it also allows form administrators to get a general view of the answers themselves and enable them to peruse individual responses as well.

Cons

Google Forms has become so deeply ingrained in my usual workflows that it has become a chore to switch to other surveying platforms whenever it becomes necessary to do so. Thus, there are no cons that I've personally faced in my experience with Google Forms.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

One of the primary reasons why I switched was because of its fluid integration with the rest of the Google Apps suite, which I use very frequently owing to the nature of my workflows.

Ashwin from IIIT Delhi

Getting data is now so much easier

It has been fantastic using Google Forms. It is a free, fast and very very effective way to take feedback. With absolutely no limits whatsoever. Plus, you can auto export the entries to a google spreadsheet and use its power

Pros

Everything. It hardly takes a few minutes to set up a basic Google Form. I have used it for various different use cases, ranging from quick polls in huge groups, deciding on a mutual time slot, to surveys and feedback. Google Form offers you a wide range of options for data validation and helps visualize the data collected.

Cons

It is difficult to show options based on conditioning. i.e, change the upcoming questions based on the answers selected by the user. According to my understanding, you can achieve this by creating sections, but I have not figured out how to do that efficiently yet. In case you are looking for this, check out https://support.google.com/docs/answer/141062?hl=en

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

The limits set for free users in SurveyMonkey and I did not like the UI so much

Malinda from Ceylon Government Railway

Industry: Government Relations

The best data collection software

Google forms is one of my favorite data collection software which I have been using for two years. As a station master, I need to get feedback from my co-workers and passengers regarding the service that we provide to passengers and as a government company, how railway system affect to its employees and what opportunities they have gained. That feedback really really matters. and it is a fundamental pillar of a successful company. I can easily gather data from a large crowd using google forms and those data can be analyzed using google sheets. So my overall experience of using google forms is really positive as this software highly impact to the growth of railway system.

Pros

Few years back I used paper feedback submission forms to collect data. Those days I had to print questions in papers and it takes a considerable time to fill a form. So that most of the passengers don't spend their time to write in a question paper. Then google forms came in to the picture and it converted the physical paper into a completely digital system. It reduces the paperwork a lot. Also passengers tend to fill those since it takes a less time than writing answers in a paper. Google form can be created with multiple questions with different types of question types like true/false, yes/no, multiple choices etc. Depending on the response for a certain question, I can give different set of other questions as well. Also questions can be set as essential since it make sure the target audience fill out all the important fields. Also some fancy editable templates are available to use. Responder doesn't need a google account to respond; just click the link and respond. After creating a form, the link can be shared and the data is dumped into google sheet. Then I can analyze the submitted data in real time and can take decisions. The development of railway system highly depends on the satisfaction of the passengers and its employees. So those collected and analyzed data is shared with the higher management to take further decisions. For two years, google forms helped me to take decisions based on the real data in a very practical manner and I think the result is obvious.

Cons

I have experienced that the design customization capabilities of google docs are somewhat limited. It would be great if there are multiple ready to use templates and rich text editing ability available for google forms. Other than that I am totally satisfied with the service that the google forms providing for us.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

When I decided to use a tool for data collection, I had no idea which tool to choose from. So I selected microsoft forms. Then I got to know that it only provides limited answer types and since I'm new to that tool I felt somewhat confusing with the interface. So after using microsoft forms for 5 months, I moved to google forms which provides range of answer types and a attractive interface.

Aaron from District 49

Google Forms for Instant Feedback

The greatest benefit I have found with Google Forms is the ability for my students to get quick and reliable feedback from their peers. They really enjoy this process and love looking at the different comments and charts. I have not found another option that makes this so engaging and so efficient. There is a small learning curve, but one that is worth the time and effort to integrate into your classroom.

Pros

I use Google Forms in a number of ways in my classroom. One way is to get instant feedback from my students. I create a quick survey and link it to my classroom Google Site. Then I have them take the survey. This gives me instant information that I can use to guide my instruction, create groups, and lots of other possibilities. Another feature that I like is that we will play trivia games. I will have students answer the trivia question. Then I can quickly change the questions, have them refresh their page, and answer the new questions. They have a lot of fun with this. But the best part of Google Forms is for students to get feedback from each other. If you have Google Apps for Education, your students can make their own form. I have my students create one after doing a larger scale project. They then have other students take their survey and this can give them feedback on what they did well with their class presentation. This kind of peer to peer feedback has been very valuable in my classroom.

Cons

There are many possibilities with Google Forms and it has been a great addition to my classroom. The only thing I can think of that is sometimes a problem is getting the link to send out. I have shared this idea with colleagues and with my students but this part sometimes causes trouble. Many people want to copy and use the link on the main form. However, this is the "edit" link and you do not want to give this one out. So to send it out properly you have to click on the "send" button and then select the link. I have seen this small step cause trouble.

Jonathan from Legally Mine

Google Forms offers quick and easy data gathering, but with some limitations

Google Forms allows us to do a wide variety of information gathering and control, from gathering data from clients to requesting task completion within the team.

Pros

Google Forms has an incredibly simple interface for building and sending questionnaires that takes little to no expertise in data gathering. Anyone can use it if they take the time to read the tooltips and know how to use a mouse. It also connects form responses to a Google Sheet that can be shared with team members, which allows for incredible flexibility in terms of use.

Cons

Really it's only missing a handful of features that I'd like to see. The two big ones are: First - No ability to gather repeated answers to a question such as asking a specific set of Name/Date/Parentage questions for dependents that allows for any number of answers based on the number of dependends the form-filler has. The Second is that the controls for specifying which page to show or questions to ask is somewhat limited - basically you can only choose to redirect to a page based on a multiple choice question's answer. I would much rather it just set up a flagging system that allows you to specify "Do not show this question unless question #3 was answered False" or "Show Page 5 at the end of the questionnaire if questions 4 and 5 were both True." and similar. But without that, there's a lot less room for control over the data you're gathering which leads to omission of certain questions that don't fit the structure of your questionnaire well, or leaving an important question as optional because it doesn't apply to everyone.

David from University of Alaska Foundation

Easy, free and fun

I enjoy using the product as a quick and easy to implement data collection tool. The data can be written to a Google Sheet which is also very accessible. The product is free through individual accounts and also available for paid hosted domain accounts. I like that users can fill in multiple forms. Access to forms can be set at multiple levels from a certain individual to the public. You can also preview your form before setting accessibility for anyone.

Pros

The feature set is good enough that Google Forms can be used for a variety of useful purposes: surveys, feedback, tests and quizzes, and much more. The platform is also supported by a wealth of plug-ins. Note, not all plug-ins are created equal. Read the ratings carefully. As with all plug-ins, you end up having to give some access of your form and account information to the developer. For some purposes it may not be appropriate to share with a third-party. Google forms supports the most common types of questions: multiple choice, true-false, yes-no, fill in the blank, text boxes, and also the ability to add attachments. It also has a simple analytics function built-in for analysis of your results.

Cons

Google really does not offer a great deal of support for this particular product other than their webpage “how-to” guide although additional support can be found from third parties on YouTube and other places. Web customization of the form is also a bit lacking. You can choose from a handful of the games and attempt to match a color scheme to your web environment, but that’s about it. There is no ability to control fonts, display size, orientation, etc.

Nimal from WebGen Solution - Pvt Ltd

To make your survey efficient!

When I was an Information technology student, I have created many google forms to my university projects. We had to gather user experience about some software and applications to find bugs. Also for final year research also we had to create a google form and collect data from job seekers. Also we have submitted a lot of google forms not only for friends but also for university academic purposes.

Pros

If you want to gather information regarding something, may be contacts, may be attendance for an event or anything you simply have to do a survey. You have to use a form to gather information you want. Google form is a survey administration app powered by Google. No matter what information you need collect, you can do it much easily using google forms. You just have to create your own form and send it to the audience you are interested in. In other words, it is a free online tool which allows you to collect information defiantly. Using this you can create surveys just in few minutes. They will be attractive and professional. To start working with Google Forms all we need to have a google account and good internet connection with a device. We can access the forms using smart phone or tablet also. The most important thing I have seen is, there are various designs so that we can choose the design and colors according to our preference and according to our business need. Interface is very user-friendly. Anyone can understand and start working with this easily. We can just drag and drop form elements and organize them accordingly. Also we can preview our survey before sending it to our audience. After sending, it will store the feedback we get and then we can analyze the result. It is also very important.

Cons

It is a must to have internet connection to make or answer a google form. Customization is limited. There may be some security concerns since it is online.

Karan from R/GA

Google Forms: Customizable and Extendable

Google Forms has been a truly useful tool with satisfactory out-of-the-box features. However, it becomes truly powerful when someone with programming experience can use App Scripts to customize or extend its functionality using the provided APIs. At my company, we’ve been able to use it for absolutely all of our surveying needs - every single department has found a way to use Forms to serve our needs. Without it, we would certainly need some software to replace it immediately - as it stands, we’re all happy that Google Forms exists.

Pros

Nearly all departments in my office use Google Forms - the strategy team, for example, will often collect preliminary responses to a proposed branding idea or brief for a client. We’ve also had HR use it for things such as scheduling - selecting a time slot that works for an information session for employees. Google Forms has a Javascript platform called App Script that allows programmers to extend Forms with additional functionality. I was able to extend the HR form using App Scripts - the department needed each respondent to be sent an email confirmation. Additionally, if enough people had selected a certain time slot, we needed to have that option removed from “available times” for other people to see - this was all made possible by extending Google Forms using App Script. The ability to leverage an existing skill set to augment a tool to better suit our needs has proven to be invaluable.

Cons

Forms is tricky to customize in terms of UI - I’m not a strong front-end developer so I just left the default UI alone. For someone more skilled in that area of programming, it would be easier to accomplish - with that being said, I would prefer a drag-and-drop interface for swapping out form elements. Users are also limited in the types of questions and answer formats that are allowed - this can be a problem for some, depending on the type of survey they’re trying to build. There are no conditional questions (if a question is answered a certain way, do this) - that logic needs to be included using App Scripts (if possible).

Lindsey from Scooter Media

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Simple form generator - easy to create and use

I love having this tool at my fingertips. I have used it for things that are more silly and fun internally, as well as creating employee recognition programs and creating important information documents. It gives me a lot of peace of mind that it is so simple for the users to open and fill out the form, and that I don't have to spend any time trouble shooting technical errors. It is so quick to use and the small amount of customization available is generally enough to make it look like I invested more time into the creation than I actually did.

Pros

I like that it is a quick tool to create a form for basic everyday interoffice questionnaires. I use this weekly to poll the rest of the team for anything from pulling information for internal resumes to gathering lunch orders. I can design and execute a form within minutes, distribute to the team, and have graphed and easy to read results at my fingertips. I love that I can view the results as a whole with pie charts and bar graphs, as well as individual if I am using it to pull more answer specific information. It automatically time stamps the bottom of each entry, so you don't have to request the user to include that information. It saves automatically to your drive and can very easily be shared via a link or by entering email addresses.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more customization available. It is extremely basic, and while that is more than okay most of the time, there are forms that I create that I wish I could use an image as the whole background, or a deeper shade of a color to match the branding look I am trying to achieve. As a designer, I crave more control over an uploaded image being centered or justified, and a color matching brand standards, and this is too basic of a product to allow for those customizations. From a technical standpoint, I wish it gave the creator more power and access to edit responses post submitting. There are several instances where something needed to be updated in these lists months later, and a new entry has to be submitted if you didn't select at the creation to edit responses.

Daniel from AACPS

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

An Incredibly Versatile Survey Tool

Google Forms is not only one of the best online survey creation and collection tools around, it is also so much more. A teacher's best friend with its easy quiz and grading abilities, an interest form that sends emails immediately after completion, or just a great quick survey tool, Google Forms is an easy thing to recommend.

Pros

Google Forms, at its base, is an online survey creation and collection tool, but its capabilities only start there. The surveys allow for a wide variety of question types - multiple choice, paragraph, likert scale, and more - and the data tables it automatically makes with the responses is impressive and easy to follow. Forms also allows for quiz modes for teachers, locking people on that screen until they finish the survey, and it connects straight to Google Classroom for easy grade implementation. On top of that, there are tons of Add-Ons you can add for free which give even more capabilities. You can have a survey that people fill out, and then it takes the information from it and sends out personalized letters to emails based on what was selected! Forms is also constantly updating, which is amazing!

Cons

There are very few things I dislike about Forms, but I would like even more features. While it has a ton already, seeing some other survey tools online with features such as easy translations or read-aloud options makes me wish I saw those directly implemented into Forms (even though there are add ons and other Google Tools that can help implement these on the side).

Laurie from Public School System

It's my "go to" solution!

I keep finding more ways that Forms is useful to my work. It is a "go to" tool that lives on my desktop and bookmarks bar.

Pros

Google Forms makes mundane communications into data rich processes that allow me to quickly gather responses into charts and graphs that I can use for planning purposes. I run a childcare center and when I need to ask parents or staff about anything (availability, field trips, snack choices, program suggestions, etc) I quickly create a Google Form and rely on it to do all the work of putting responses in a specific format and showing me who has and has not responded. I no longer go back and forth with individual parents and spend a lot of time parsing through emails to grab out the response then note it on yet another piece of paper on my desk. Forms are my friends.

Cons

So far, I haven't hit a snag. I need to learn how to manage my files a bit better...I have lots of Forms.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Our school system choose Google Suite due to its collaborative abilities.

Google forms makes it easy to gather complete and consistent information from others

It has helped me gather data from hundreds of people at a time and made it easy. No more hassle trying to get their info. Also, i can gather consistent data too. I love google forms.

Pros

I love that Google Forms allows me to set up a list of questions that can be sent to people when i need to gather complete and necessary information. Instead of having to hassle with a million emails, texts, and phone calls, i can create one form and just message the group a link. Once they click they just answer the questions and automatically their responses get dropped right into a spreadsheet along with a timestamp of when they submitted it. I get notified if i want of responses and even some analytics on the data gathered.

Cons

When dropping responses into a spreadsheet, Google forms by default adds a new record to the next line it remembers dropping the last record into. The only thing i don't like about this is that i will use the same form link each month and sometimes for old months delete the data just to clean it out. Well this leaves a bunch of blank rows because the form will keep adding records to the row it last left off on. Not a big deal. I could always just reassign the form to another clean sheet each month and i think that would work just fine too. Or copy the form and do the same thing. I also wish that you could change the order of your column data that is attached to the form. It feels like you need to give thought to your form question order so that the spreadsheet columns are in the logical order you were thinking. Again not too big a deal cause you can easily reorder and then create a fresh sheet associated with a form. But if you've been using a form/sheet combo for a while it'd be nice to not be stuck with the column order you started out with. Maybe others have a solution for this and i just haven't figured it out yet. Also, I wish that you could attach a form to start collecting data to an already existing spreadsheet you already have columns and data for. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it'd be nice to just maybe have a form created based on the column titles from an existing sheet. None of these things is a problem though, just features maybe Google could add.

Somer from All things Mindful

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great way to take your documents with you wherever you go!

I just really like the ease of use and the mobility of having it at my hands whenever.

Pros

What I love and have always loved about this software is that I can sign in anywhere and access my information,this was a blessing expecially during college but also I'm my current career. No matter what happens I do not lose the work it's always there.

Cons

It could be better with an online tutorial,unless I missed that.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Again ease of use and accessibility

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Easier to use Google docs as I love the Google sheets too. Ease of access.

Susan from TP-Link Research America

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Use Google Forms to Survey your Staff

With Google forms I am in the know about what my employees are thinking while working from home. Prior to this I used google forms to plan our events, find out food preferences, family members attending etc. It was invaluable to meeting our business needs with ease

Pros

This software is SIMPLE to use, it's FREE and best of all - you can export the response data to a spreadsheet. I tried other survey software and ran into several difficulties - if I added to many people to the survey it was a bump up in price, same if I asked over 5 questions, or it had to be anonymous - and sometimes I needed to know who was responding. It's also fun - the templates and ability to customize make this spark joy. You can upload your own photos and customization with color and images is easy to use. I am a big fan.

Cons

I cannot think of any feature that is difficult to use. I also cannot think of any necessary improvements because Google Forms has met my needs.

cost and ease of use

Liam from OneHope

Start here but don't stay here.

Google Forms can be a great solution depending on how you're looking to use it. We've used it for feedback surveys, event registrations, simple polls and more. The integrations to Google Drive, Sheets, etc. are great and really make it a compelling first stop if you need to get into the survey world.

Pros

Google Forms is a light form building software that's just right if you're getting started and don't have anything too serious to do. We are able to use it effectively as part of our organization's G Suite, but honestly find Typeform to be the more comprehensive solution for surveys and user-friendly data collection. To Google's credit, they have improved Forms since it first launched with more robust analytics options and ways to view the data you've collected. And it is a huge plus that it integrates so smoothly into our G Suite. You can easily see the data on the back end automatically saved to your Google Drive. Depending on what you're looking to do, this is a great place to start. But if you need to pursue more complex form building, don't plan to stay here forever.

Cons

There are only a handful of starting templates and customizations to make your form look different from any other Google Form out there. That has been a frustration for us, though it can be overcome by using custom designed images as headers and customizing background colors, etc. If your Form is going wrong, it may be that you didn't design it well, so you should always test the survey before sending it out. Make sure your required questions, answer options, and question types are in order and not conflicting otherwise you'll only create frustrations and headaches for your survey takers. I would say Google Forms doesn't have a ton of cons but that doesn't mean every form you build will be perfect right off the bat. But before you blame the software, check on how you're using it.

Katie from Luther Seminary and Augsburg University

Quick and Easy for Internal Communications

Google Forms is a quick and easy way to collect and share information internally. It's user-friendly and even those in our organization who aren't particularly tech-savvy can figure it out quickly. Its limitations from a branding standpoint mean we'd only ever use it for internal purposes, but its upsides outweighs the downsides for our use case.

Pros

Since our organization uses Google G Suite, Google Forms is a no-brainer for internal communications use. As a small higher educational institution (a theological seminary), we have multiple instances in which we use Google Forms: for example, for organizing community events; getting feedback from faculty, students, and staff; submitting daily announcements and so on. The results are easily shared with all the stakeholders who need to see them, and just about anyone in the organization can create a Google Form in five minutes.

Cons

Perhaps the biggest downside is the inability to customize the look and feel of the form. While you can embed the form in a webpage, most of our staff members don't know how to do that (nor do they have the access to do so, even if they did!). This means that in the vast majority of cases, the forms don't look branded to our organization. That's why I specified that it's great for quick and easy internal communications uses. We would not use this for external communications, nor would we use it for high-level institutional communications, because those need to look more professional. For when we do use it, however, it works great.

Feyisayo from Fabeny Consulting

Google form is a Free and Affordable Form Builder

I have had a great experience using google form except for the disclaimer they put under their forms.

Pros

1. I personally think google form is amazing especially because it has a free version that everyone can you. 2. Finding my way around google form the first time I used it was quite easy. It is newbie friendly 3. Google made the form builder flexible enough that you easy drag forms to re-order it.

Cons

1. I hate the disclaimer at the bottom of the free google form that says "this content is neither created nor endorsed by Google". It may have a wrong impression on the users of the form. Take for instance, using google form to create and order form and a customer reads such disclaimer. It may scare customers away from ordering.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google form as a brand has more credibility and the paid plan is cheaper than Zoho forms. Zoho forms basic plan is $8/month while google form is $6/month as at the time of writing this review.

Excellent for surveys, forms, and integration withing Google Sheets

Benefits include survey creation (which is really easy), answer management, and automatic graphs and charts based on the data I receive.

Pros

Surveys are easy to make: Google saves you time by making the survey easy to make. From dragging and dropping questions to assisting with creating question and answer formats, it is a simple software to use. Lots of features: Google offers lots of features for creating a beautiful and useful survey. You can change the layout and design, which makes the survey look professional. There are lots of options for types of questions to ask (multiple choice bubbles, multiple choice check boxes (plus an "other" short answer field), long answer fields, short answer fields, etc.). Survey data is pushed out into a Google Sheets spreadsheet: Like other Google software, the integration into Google Drive is very important to me, and Google Forms is no different. It pushes your data into a Google Sheets spreadsheet with timestamps when you receive answers to questions. I have set this up in the past to combine multiple spreadsheets to combine information from a survey I have created into another spreadsheet. Lots of cool features if you know your way around Google Sheets as well, but this is really only for advanced users. Notifications: You can set up auto email notifications when you get survey responses. Only do this if you've thought through how many emails you want to receive a day (or have them automatically go into a different folder in your inbox).

Cons

At the time that I used this software the most, there was no way to integrate pictures into the survey itself. BUT, I understand this has changed since then, so this makes this software basically perfect in my books for my uses.

Debbie from PianoBuzz Studios

Industry: Music

Easy to use but somehow confusing (nearly every time)

Despite my complaints, however, Google Forms has been extremely useful to me in my piano business. I use it frequently, to survey families on lesson scheduling, for special event signups and for registration information.

Pros

I like how Google Forms easily integrates with Google Sheets, automatically using the form data to set up a spreadsheet if I choose. Equally a plus, I like how I can easily choose to see a summary of the results or individual responses.

Cons

There are two things I really do not like about Google Forms: Despite how fairly straightforward it is to set up a form, the process of sharing the form with my customers is tricky. And it somehow confuses me nearly EVERY TIME. It's not an intuitive process for some reason. I just want to create a form and easily send it out to my piano families for them to fill in the blanks, make their multiple choice selections, etc, and submit to me. Sometimes, despite my best intentions, I'll send a form out only to get additional emails asking if I want to grant permission to the recipients so they can access the form. I don't even know how that happens. Or why it has to be so tricky. The other thing I really do not like is the lack of record keeping within the Google Forms software. If I choose to email the form directly from Google Forms, there is no record anywhere of who I sent the form to. No record that I've been able to find, anyway. I always need to know who I've sent a form to! This seems like quite the oversight on the software's part!

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

There is an extraordinary amount of back and forth when using email for scheduling, surveying families, registration information, etc! Google Forms saves me a ton of time and is also very fast and easy for my customers to use (provided I send the forms out correctly, that is).

Samiksha from Sunrise English Private School

Perfect for Online Exams and surveys!

My school used Google Forms to run online tests and exams during the pandemic and it was a success. We also used it for quiz games and other stuffs. Google Forms has played a great role in our students learning during this pandemic and we are grateful for that.

Pros

It's very simple yet effective. Anyone can learn to use it in very little time and deploy their own forms online to collect required data. The forms are easily to edit and customize with a lot of templates to choose from. It's very efficient to use for objective online exams too. All you need to do is make a form, assign questions, give options to select, generate link and send it to the students. They just have to open the link then fill the forms and submit within the allocated time period. It's more applicable than ever during the pandemic.

Cons

There is a limit to number of people that can fill the form if a timer is set, which is necessary for exams. Of course, you could buy the premium plan to remove the limit. But, it not practical for poor countries like mine with no credit card access. They could compensate for that with ads.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I personally used Typeform during the initial phase than my school ordered me to implement Google Forms because if its ease of use.

Himanshu from techno india njr

why to use google forms

Pros

google forms are most used product in this lockdown period , school colleges used it to take term test , quiz test and more . we can cutomize the google form as per our need we can also provide external code to form for full filling our need

Cons

the main thing we all notice is that google form have static desgin and we can not change it . it does not contain any ui template which we can use so that our form looks better and cool

Dwana from Riverside

Google Forms one of the best products of all times

Google Form has these templates that made it easy to edit and respond on my phone and computer. Also, when I need to print form to turn into the grant office everything we had done was already in its form to print this program helped me to keep track of my paperwork by having everything organized and no extra work on my part. The benefits realized is the kids had fifty percent hands-on with the development of the t-shirts theme, colors, and design and that's all to Google Forms offering this with their templates. Last year we paid for all of these services that this year we did it on our own with Google Forms.

Pros

I was able to use Google Forms on my phone and answer any question when I was out of the office for a community meeting. Google Forms helped the other employees to keep track of how many kids were applying for summer camp and the forms that were offered helped us give a survey so the kids could vote on what they would like to do this summer. Google Forms aloud the kids to also vote on what colors their camp t-shirt would be and the design of the shirts. This program gave us themes to choose from with the kids and it made all one hundreds kid happy to be apart on the process.

Cons

Nothing to say bad about Google Forms this made my job and my co-workers so easy to do this year when we got started with the camp process.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google Forms offered us everything we paid for last year but with more to choose from and letting us make our own design and picking the colors, we like with no extra charges. Also, we included the kids and we could do that when we outsource the project.

Ho'omana Nathan from Oklahoma State University

Industry: Research

Best free data collection tool by a long shot

I started out using Google Forms for data collection in online research because it was free and easy to use, and it served me well for awhile. However, there are limitations on the types of data you can put on the form and collect which make it less useful for some of my projects, and the data view isn't always powerful enough to look at the data in a way that's useful. However, as a free solution, and for simple data collection, it's great.

Pros

First and foremost, it's free, and it's surprisingly comparable to MUCH more expensive solutions. Google Forms is an outstanding way to easily collect (relatively) simple information and see it in a manageable format (more on that later). Google Forms are pretty customizable, there's an impressive array of options, and it's always developing, which is something Google is almost always good for.

Cons

Google Forms is definitely a good solution for the cost (free), and for smaller projects where you don't need to collect detailed information. We've used it in the classroom for peer feedback, for collecting applications, and for some smaller data collection. However, the way that data is shown really isn't usable for bigger projects where you need a lot of detail about your data, although it is nice that Forms can put the data into Google Sheets as well.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I've frankly never been satisfied with any version of SurveyMonkey, and Qualtrics is amazingly powerful, but somewhat overpowered for a lot of very basic data collection stuff. Google Forms is sleek and straightforward to set up for basic projects, nicer looking to the respondent than either of these two alternatives, and 100% free.

Roger from DogHaus

Form-ula for success

We use Google Forms all the time to glean information from our franchisees, vendors and guests on a wide range of subjects. Creating a new form is quick and easy, and the proofing/testing process is simple. Asking people to use the forms is simple too: either a link on a site or in an email or text message. It couldn't be easier. No matter what the level of end user technological sophistication or comfort is, we've never had a problem with a user not understanding how to use a form, which speaks volumes for the platform. Google Forms has 2 great ways of presenting the information: a graphic representation and the automatic creation of a spreadsheet for working with the data. Both have their uses. With the add-on infrastructure, the platform is expandable and can be customized to meet your needs. We use some very simple add-ons that allow us to close forms at pre-specified times and send custom emails to users verifying they've submitted their data and allowing them to keep their answers for reference. All-in-all, Google Forms has had an incredibly positive impact on the way we work, and not a week goes by that a form or two doesn't get sent out from our office. It's a game changer.

Pros

Google Forms makes collecting information from customers, employees, partners and more easy. It also makes understanding user data simple and automatic.

Cons

Because of the simple, minimalist interface, making a complex series of if-then chains within a single form can be very confusing.

1. Cheaper 2. Easier

Not to be sniffed at - might solve all your problems!

I've used Google Forms for years. In a variety of professional and private situations. While it is Google branded and the themes are basic, this is not a tool to be sniffed at. If you're collecting details from users and you want to do it securely and within GDPR, this could be a good solution for you. If you've not got budget to splash out on a 'higher-end' tool, but you've got access to G-suite, this is definitely something you should try. For small data-collection batches, or organising events with 2000 people, this can be used to help you gather your information well. If you find that you need something just a little more advanced... try typeform.

Pros

The ease in arranging questions on a form and adding logic for page jumps. The depth of logic you can add to questions, including allowing file uploads of different formats. The automation possibilities when you combine this with Google Sheets are endless. Abilities for users to edit their responses after they've submitted questions. Most of all.. the fact that I can use this for professional purposes, but also to get people to tell me what they want to eat for Christmas dinner.

Cons

The templating is a little basic, they all look like Google Forms... but if you're truly being MVP and thinking whether or not you need something, why would you spend a ton of money on Survey Monkey when this collects the data and puts it in a spreadsheet for you??

Kat from RF

One of the best kept secrets of Google's platform

As mentioned above, I have witnessed many organizations use Google Forms for various reasons. Examples of this include: - Small non-profit used Google Forms to take and track food orders for a BBQ fundraiser event - College researchers used Google Forms to survey participants in a research study - Large non-profit used Google Forms to track convening attendees - Small non-profit used Google Forms to track volunteer sign-up, interests and availability - Small grantmaker used Google Forms to create grant application for prospective grantees Overall, all of the above were happy with their decision to use Google Forms.

Pros

One of Google Forms biggest advantages is how easy it is to set up. Any Google user is literally only a few click away from setting up and sending forms that gather contact information, RSVPs, event registrations and more. Forms can be customized and expanded to take on a variety of functions. A few examples I've witnessed include small businesses setting up order forms, small grantmakers creating grants application systems, volunteer organizations using Forms to better track volunteer interests/availability/etc. and researchers using Forms to gather information. Because it is part of Google, there is no need for additional sign up/set up, like with Survey Monkey. And, best of all, it's free to everyone!

Cons

If you're gathering a lot of information, the form can begin to get a bit cumbersome. To combat this, you have the option to create different sections or pages so it doesn't appear as one incredibly long form. In my opinion, it is also not as visually appealing as other survey and forms programs. You do have options, however, to change the color of the form, add graphics, etc. These minor critiques aside, there are not many cons about the program. Overall, it is functional, flexible, and no cost.

Harshil from Schaeffler AG

For analyzing the views via forms

Super, outstanding, makes the work too easy, organized things are always appreciated, love it.

Pros

It make the things very easy because via generating a form of valuable information and data and then sending it to the teams, I can easily mark out the trend of the team or the turning points via the graph analysis. The forms gives an overall idea about who had filled that form, when, where, what time he or she took on each section of form. What is his order view on one specific aspect. It gives everything in a perfect organized manner which is somehow required a lot of time in terms of paper format. The security of drive storage and also mail sharing is an icing on cake for the forms. Secondly the sharing of form into a number of format is possible which make it a universal outlook. But I consider link sharing as a most easiest way. Secondly we are also able to grade the answers which we got in our form and can also rank the respective entities. Thus a small review or test conduction is now very easy via forms.

Cons

I have heard about hacking system of forms or the data misinterpretation but in reality in my case I didn't found such issue with me, so I am not that much worried about it right now.

Sanskriti from F1soft International Pvt. Ltd

Collecting Real Time Data Is Possible with Google Forms.

Overall, Google form is easy to use and has clean user interface, anyone can prepare a Google form with simple procedures, and Users are able to use Image upload feature, radio buttons, checkbox and dropdown texts for the simplicity. Moreover, analyzing the result is much more efficient as it gives the real time data, and also the form creator can set, parameters i.e. limit the number of devices to submit the info or simply limit the user to submit the info twice from the same device. If the form creator wants to authenticate the user through email, there's also an option to verify the email before the user can enter any details in to the form and submit. So, this helps to block the unauthorized emails or users to sign up the form.

Pros

It's user-friendly and even the person who is not particularly a tech-savvy can implement the Google form and customize it as per the necessity. Even when we are working on a backend, and need to update the database in real time, then still Google form is accessible, and it's integrations with Google drive, Gsuite, and Google sheets has made it possible.

Cons

Google form has no any particular downside, apart from that I have some issues with the validation parameters in Google form, as I have previously used it to prepare an online form for the webinar event, and when I made the customized form and share the Google form link to my friends via Whatsapp, Telegram or messenger, just encountered a problem that phone validation is causing error and users were unable to submit the form due to validation error, so I had to omit the phone input section due to a bug, but later on the issue was solved.

Emily from Anime Nebraskon

Need a way to get applicants, orders, or even a simple survey, this will work for you.

It's been an easy and helpful experience. This software makes the process of creating various forms and quizzes a breeze.

Pros

This software is free from Google and can easily be accessed through Google Drive. This software makes it simple when it comes to creating any type of form. Looking for volunteers? No problem. Need to make an order of T-shirts and don't want to lose any information? Boom, easily done. Got to make a quick quiz? No worries. Google Forms is friendly for anyone to use. The forms are also able to be made in advance without making them live right away. You can even make copies for them if you need the same form, but need to make slight changes to it over time, such as dates, additional content, etc. You can make your questions multiple choice, paragraph, short sentence, etc. You can even turn all the data you get into a Google Spreadsheet to look at the data all together in an organized manner. It's been a lifesaver for me when I need to gather people and select teams to do a task for me.

Cons

I can honestly say that I don't have anything I don't like about the software. The only improvement I would like to see is being able to edit them on your phone (there might be a separate app for that, but it would be nice to do it without the app if you are low on phone space).

Alan from Texas A&M University

Information Gathering with Elegance

My experience with Google Forms has been completely positive and benefitted all of my needs. The best part about the app is it’s ease of use and elegant layout. These characteristics alone are enough to satisfy a wide audience.

Pros

Google Forms provides every feature you need to quickly build a survey, questionnaire, RSVP, etc. within minutes. The built-in templates are a great way to start and the app provides plenty of flexibility to suit a variety of needs. The software provides multiple analytical tools but data can be easily downloaded and imported into any spreadsheet workbook program such as Excel.

Cons

The built-in response analytics could be improved to allow within-browser analysis. For example, individual responses can only be reviewed individually or as a summary. There are a limited number of fonts and the layout of response fields cannot be modified. This, however, can help those of us who have a hard time deciding from a plethora of options.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Doodle was a pioneer of survey freeware. Although it probably has improved its user experience since the early days, Google Forms was simple, visually pleasing, and integrated seamlessly with Google Drive. The latter of these benefits made tracking responses mich quicker.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 6,708 reviews