All eMaint CMMS Reviews

Reviewed November 2023

Empowering maintenance excellence

Reviewed March 2023

eMaint at HDK

eMaint has proven to be an invaluable tool for maintenance management and for providing reliability to equipment.

PROS

Ease of use and functionality to provide management to maintenance.

CONS

Customization process and data entry can be time and labor intensive.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Experinces both Good & Bad

The implementation was underwhelming. I had to figure out the majority of the form design on my own by watching videos. I didn't have the greatest interactions with our implementation specialist and I was frustrated by the lack of response from our initial customer success manager. I have had good and bad experiences with eMaint support. I have reached out with issues with a number of the forms we use and was told that certain alterations and customizations weren't possible, so I have adapted to do more stuff manually than I had to in our pervious software. The format of the WO print out is bad, especially the checklist section. There was a significant cost difference between our previous software and eMaint and at this point I am not sure if the cost difference is justified.

PROS

The interface is nice and it's easy to navigate. I enjoy eMaint university and all the webinars. I like the ability to alter certain forms. I love the interactive map tool.

CONS

I don't like layout of the WO print out or PO forms. Its very difficult to get help customizing any of these forms. I am unable to print photos with WO unless the are in PDF form. It is very difficult to track component failure. I would like a history of components changed on a machine, but I don't know if this is possible. I wish it was possible to respond to a WO request through eMaint to ask more questions. I also would like a means of editing photos within eMaint.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

Head of operations has previous experience with software

Kevin

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2020

Very frustrating experience

During the sales process we specified 2 items that we needed. These were items that other companies had said they could offer and we were shown examples of them working. Emaint said they could do the same with no problems, "we have 2 options to do this", I was told. We signed up to Emaint in September 2019. After weeks of prep work and adding data to their templates we began the implementation process. After 2 weeks implementation, cracks began to show and the items we had specified were now impossible tasks for emaint. Following a few e-mails, we were told that they had resolved the issue and we could continue implementation. One more week, more wasted time and we were again told they could not deliver on what they had promised. We stopped the implementation process and asked for a refund based on the fact that they could not deliver on what they had promised and what we had signed up for. I was passed from one department to another and staff member to staff member. No-one would return my e-mails which in itself was extremely frustrating. One of the staff that I had been dealing with followed up briefly for me and stated that Emaint "could not deliver what was promised even after multiple attempts." Following nearly 8 weeks of e-mails without reply and constant chasing and more wasted time, Emaint agreed to refund some of our money. They kept over €1100 +VAT, put us months behind schedule, cost us days worth of labour. I could not possibly recommend anyone waste their time.

PROS

Huge amount of features that could be helpful. Implementation expert was very helpful and friendly.

CONS

Too many work arounds needed. Too many steps for very simple processes. The whole process fell apart after they could not deliver 2 services we were promised were possible before signing up.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

They promised great features and and easy implementation but unfortunately we were misled.

Reasons for switching to eMaint CMMS

We wanted a program that better suited our business

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. As for your overall experience with eMaint, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and are looking into this situation further. Although we were quick to confirm that what you were looking for could not be done, we agree that the refund should have dealt with in a more timely manner. While this is a situation that we don't often find ourselves in, we take full responsibility for the delay. We thank you for both your persistence and patience here. Aine Whelan

Replied February 2020

Gerry

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2021

eMaint excellent choice for our business

The system has never let me down or prevented me to completed my tasks. The few times I had problem customer support got on it right away and corrected it. Also I can fix some problems myself through eMaint University or supporting documents. I have senior service techs that not proficient in using a computer and all of them took to the system pretty quickly which made my job easier

PROS

The easy of use, gives me to be ability to keep track of assets for multiple branches. Also with the new messenger option I can contact my service technicians right on the eMaint screen , saving me time and money.

CONS

One thing I don't like is that there is no option to erase messages in messenger. When I message a tech to clarify a work order for example I have no way of knowing if they have corrected the problem. Unless i go into the work order in question and check it myself . This causes me to backtrack and check to see if it's corrected. If we had the option to erase messages I would know that the problem was corrected

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

Customer service , ease of use, support documents reporting was a asset

Boyd

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

eMaint Rated one of the Top CMMS for a Reason

We moved to eMaint when our last CMMS corrupted data and the vendor wouldn't help get it fixed without thousands of dollars of support time. We transitioned to eMaint within just a couple of weeks from first contact to implementation.

PROS

Easy to use and configure. Implementation team is awesome in getting us up and running. Support team is always there, always polite, and always takes care of our questions. Even if I do something to mess something up, they patiently help me correct it. Within just a few weeks new employees become proficient.

CONS

There are some things we would like to see - like the ability to mass delete records, open work orders on multiple assets at once.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

Subscription based contract. I pay by the seat which is much cheaper than a software purchase and then an annual support agreement. Ease of use. During the demo my staff easily picked up navigating and using the software.

Reasons for switching to eMaint CMMS

expensive, sluggish support, everything we asked them to do was another purchase order and bill.

Robert

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2019

A CMMS that is designed for Maintenance Teams!

We meet all requirement and even started creating training videos in PowerPoint and then embed them in out dashboard for all to view, we can even track who reviews these videos!

PROS

eMaint is the most versatile maintenance software I have used! I have been in Maintenance for 40+ years, and eMaint CMMS is great! Work Order management where the Trades and Crafts people document their labor hours, parts used, repair comments, track MTBF, MTTR, and safety tracking! This also includes a inventory parts, document storage, easy to write work request and work orders to be directed to the correct Trade group as needed. I also can tell you that our Auditors rated this process as "Best in Class" !! Meets all requirements plus some!

CONS

At this time, I can think of one issue that needed resolved!

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

I used SAP in the past and during the eMaint trials it wasn't long before I realized eMaint was for us! Now were rolling this out globally!

Reasons for switching to eMaint CMMS

That system did not meet the required standard.

Robert

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2020

First time eMAINT user, nice admin capabilities.

Customer service is fantastic. Software is fairly easy to navigate, add parts, assets, and work orders. Working with the support staff has also allowed me to hide fields in the background that are required for some of my reports.

PROS

Ease of entering data; parts, assets, work orders etc. The reporting structure is very versatile with full customisation reporting available.

CONS

The mobile view is where I'd like to see improvements. This software was implemented at our plant for the use of production and maintenance personal. The lack of customization for what each technician can see is disappointing. It would be nice to be able to alter the columns in mobile view for the mechanics. The other function I wished eMAINT had would be a way to record multiple readings for performing calibrations that would show percent of error with an automatic pass/fail.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

Functionality, ease of use for the front line workers and mechanics. Has capabilities to tie in with equipment which we plan on using in the future.

Reasons for switching to eMaint CMMS

MP2 was an extremely old system that reminded me of DOS. Simple software but did not have the functionality needed for equipment life cycle tracking.

Rick

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

The best CMMS system I’ve used

eMaint was the best choice for our facility My experience has been outstanding

PROS

Easy to use. Having the ability to design my own work order to track the data that works best for our business

CONS

Charrs in x4 are not very robust looking at move to x5 to solve this problem. There is nothing I dislike about eMaint

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

I purchased eMaint 14 years and it was the cost and ability to design my own forms

SAM

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

inventory tracking system

system requirements were hard to understand at first

PROS

help desk assistant was very helpoful in explaining process to get the results i needed to understand what was needed (input) t get the program to give me results

CONS

non trasfer of histor having to pick a default vendor

Reasons for switching to eMaint CMMS

company switched the program to e-maintenance

1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

EMaint CMMS is really good

I have implemented eMaint at 2 different companies. They have really good people that work there and they go out of the way to help you.

PROS

Ability to configure the system to need many different needs

CONS

Basic report writer lacking. Mobile app need improvement.

Reasons for switching to eMaint CMMS

Total cost of ownership and flexibility.

Ken

Aviation & Aerospace, 1,001-5,000 employees

Emaint CMMS review

The commitment to a thorough and conscientious data input is key. The more effort put into that, the more you'll get out of it later. We are a fast growing company, so this process is ongoing. Because of our growth, we are moving equipment and re-setting up cells and department. To have all the information on each asset readily available makes those moves so much easier to plan for . It is also essential for planning annual budgets. to see what it cost to operate individual assets in the past makes it easy to plan on when we might want to replace them. The flexibility of eMaint has been a great tool for us.

PROS

As an administrator I appreciate the flexibility with customizing the program to my needs and the ability to continue making changes and tweeks as our needs change. We have been using eMaint for 10 plus years know and the ability and depth that we can review our assets is just wonderful. You can even see our learning curve as to what data is important and relevant has changed over time. Garbage in Garbage is still relevant, so you should spend a lot of time understanding what you want to get out of any CMMS program so you know what you want to capture. Thoroughly entering all data about each asset pay reward later also. Voltages, amperage, location, Motor nameplates as well as spare parts is all a big part of set up and take a fair amount of time, but pay dividends down the road.

CONS

It is disappointing that eMaint cannot be integrated with our Infor XA program. Company purchases go through one program and do not update eMaint the way it could unless everything is re-entered a second time. Who has time or resources for that? Consequently our spare parts program does not run as smoothly as we would like.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

Customizing and flexibility for our future needs.

Reasons for switching to eMaint CMMS

The old CMMS program was just to rigid for our needs. We also did not know what we were doing when we got ir and way to many people adding data in to many different ways that it was not giving reliable info. Starting over was the only answer and we might as well get something that fits our needs for the future.

Boyd

Used free trial

Reviewed July 2011

Cardinal CG, Buford Georgia is one of 28 Cardinal Glass facilities manufacturing residential glass products. Upon my joining the Buford plant, the company had not made a profit in five years. The company lacked organization and was not producing product in an efficient manner. Our facility is unique to the other Cardinal plants, because we have two separate manufacturing processes running as separate cost centers. Because of the structure of the company, each cost center has separate support staff (i.e. maintenance, engineering and management). In October 2008, I joined the Cardinal CG Buford location. As Tempering Maintenance Manager, I was challenged with turning the Tempering production side of the operation around. There was no CMMS system in place and no one was tracking the machine downtime. Safety was out of control; there were three accidents in my department in the first two weeks of my accepting the position. Vibration analysis reports were not being reviewed and costly failures were frequent. The department had a shift log book, but the data was not in a format that could easily be put into a database. The Coating Maintenance department was using MP2 for their data collection. In an effort to get a CMMS up and running quickly, I acquired an additional license and began to enter data. After a week or two, I attempted retrieve some of the data in MP2, but the reporting feature had not been installed. I then contacted the CMMS vendor (Mp2) to inquire about reporting my data in the format needed. After several conversations relating to the reporting within the CMMS, I was told that they could not provide the report that my boss had requested. I offered to purchase the reporting module, but no one attempted to follow up with my request. This is how the search for a new system began. Because my background and interest was in CMMS programs, I began my search on the Internet. I had followed various CMMS over the years, and realized that an investment in a CMMS program could be very costly. As I searched, indicators were leading me toward a cloud-based system. The criteria for the CMMS was (1) support had to be readily available on all shifts and (2)the cost of implementation had to be low. One of my concerns was transferring the data from MP2 to the new database. Time to implement was critical also. I had to drive the downtime down. My selection came down to E-Maint X3 . The product demo offered online provided all of the initial answers to the questions that would come forth during a selection process for a CMMS. Because it is a subscription-based system, the cost to implement is very low. The implementation of EMaint was simple and very fast. I had total control of the implementation process. The transfer of the data files went without a hitch. I cannot begin to express how well the transition went. One of the greatest strengths of E-Maint is the administrator can change any of the field names or report formats. Unlike other programs where there is a fee each time you make a change to the program, E-Maint allows you to format your database to suit your industry. E-Maint is not just another canned product that you take as-is. Of course when you mention a web based program, management initially will push back because they do not want employees to access the Web. I suggested to E-Maint that they setup an email address for work requests to dump into and then pull the data to a work request form. This has proven to be the answer to get around issues with accessing the Internet. E-Maint provides all of the security levels needed to prevent just anyone from accessing your data. Because of the ability to send request via email, all requests dump to my iPhone and I have put an iPhone on the department golf cart for quick response. Because E-Maint is web-based, I could bring my crew into a conference room and review the program on a weekly basis. The training as a group lasted about 2 hours. The program is user-friendly and the subscription to E-Maint University has proven to assist the technicians in the use of the program. Customer support for the product is second to none. In most cases all of my issues are resolved during the phone conversations. The only real problems that I have experienced with E-Maint are those that I caused myself because of the freedom to change the program. It only takes one phone call to straighten the issue out. Customer Support will provide you a direct line to a technician so that you can work with the same person and build the relationship necessary to help build confidence in the use of the CMMS. Since implementation of E-Maint, we have continued to reduce machine downtime. Once the original CMMS database was functional we established a goal of 5% downtime or 95% UPTIME. Since the implementation of E-Maint we have established a goal of 98% UPTIME and have consistently hit 97.7% and at the time of the most current report we are at 99.34%.

Gamaliel

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Excellent

My overall experience with emaint has been great. This software is very helpful with our Regulatory and Compliance PMs as well as with our asset management. It is really user friendly and configurable. It has helped our Company.

PROS

I like that you can configure the system to what you need.

CONS

The scheduler ease of use is not what we expected.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

I saw that it was configurable to our needs

less expensive

Food Production, 51-200 employees

eMaint for daily tracking

Our overall experience with eMaint has been that it is easy to set up and very expandable to keep track of everything maintenance related.

PROS

We started using eMaint several years ago and the set up and integration went smoothly. Once our assets were in the system it was simple to establish PM's and condition inspections. We now use the software to plan, schedule and track all our PM's. These results generate corrective WO's along with department request for corrective or Emergency WO's. Safety also uses the system to track the inspection and condition of all of their assets, extinguishers, fire systems, emergency lights, Chlorine alarms and etc. We are beginning to use it to record and track age on critical components such as motors, gearboxes and etc. eMaint provides us with a simple easy to use program for all users to access information, print WO's and close them in a timely fashion While keeping the administrative side of the program secure.

CONS

I wish they had a phone app to make information accessible in the field. The only way to retrieve or enter information is on a computer. We are trying to capture more BOM and part info in the field to expand our use of the system.

Brian

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

This program only makes my life easier.

Overall, I am very pleased with our eMaint experience thus far. I wasn't around when the program got implemented some 4 years ago. We have done alot to smooth it out since then. Most issues were self inflected, but they have all been very easy to correct and repair.

PROS

We lacked having a system of organization and record keeping. Not only has this program fulfilled both of those categories, it has opened up our vision to other ways to improve our plants growth and communication. This is the only CMMS system I have used but am very happy with the amount of work it has taken off of my plate.

CONS

I am often told by eMaint team members how flexible and easy things came adaptive or implemented. However, it seems like more and more the issues I have needed to fix don't really have cut and dry issues. This program does the basic and most of the intermediate issues very easily. However the more complex issues have yet to be resolved.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

It was the only program that we looked. It seemed to check all the boxes for us at the time. We didn't feel the need to look out to other programs.

Jerry

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Emaint Review

Over all i like the system, for the price we pay and being able to keep up with the equipment and parts the way we do you can not do any better.

PROS

Being able to set the system up the way we wanted from the beginning.

CONS

I have never meet anyone from Emaint, I spoke to many over the phone but the one on one has never happen. I feel that my good system I have now would be great if someone was able to watch the way we use the system. Someone that knows the system better then i do would be able to possible find faster and better ways to do things.

Reason for choosing eMaint CMMS

The capabilities of setting it up my way. It took me a little it but with help from their support team I feel I have all I need. Price was also a huge impact on my decision.

WESLEY