All Hippo CMMS Reviews

Matt

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to Use

It is a great deal for the cost and it really does exactly what I need it to. Reports and queries are really easy to generate.

PROS

It is easy to use. Set up can be a bit dicey if you don't know what you are doing. This is essentially a database program, so it is good to have someone with experience help with set up to get the hierarchies done properly

CONS

It is SAAS, so it can be a bit "laggy". The function's don't always cooperate and I close the program frequently for reboot

HI Matt, Always nice to hear good feedback about a User's experience with Hippo! You are correct that set up can be interesting but our Data Integration team has great advice and experience to help guide new clients. Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback.

Eric

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great software

Hippo has allowed us to more easily maintain the preventative maintenance for our companies 100+ pieces of equipment, and move away form a paper based system that was prone to human errors.

PROS

Easy to use, set up, and maintain in comparison to our previous maintenance software.

CONS

I have had a few negative experiences with the support staff. Some of them are great, but a few individuals seem to have difficulties communicating. I have found myself trying to explain something in ten different ways and it not being understood, but this has only happened twice out of my 20~ experiences.

Reasons for switching to Hippo CMMS

Hippo was a paper free alternative that appeared much more simple and straight forward in design.

Hi Eric, Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! I am glad to hear that Hippo has helped with organizing your day to day preventative maintenance. As you continue to use the system, you will see the benefits of tracking that info. I am sorry to hear that there was some miscommunication, but ultimately the support team is here to help! The goal is to see you and your team succeed! Mel Motoch

Replied August 2019

Carl

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2020

Getting Better

I want to be fair about this; I have not had the time to go through a lot of this, but lately with the instant messaging it has made it a little easier to navigate.

PROS

I will be honest with you when I first starting using it, I found it to be a rabbit hole. After a couple years it did improve, I think one of the better things you did was add the help IM.

CONS

The drill down menus, are somewhat tedious. You really have to watch, as the menus have very similar labels. As I add definition in areas and machine locations, Serial numbers etc. I will add in one menu. It will disappear if I do not add it in the correct menu, even though the menu has the same name or title.

Hi Carl, Thanks for your honest review. I'm happy to hear our support conversation window has been helpful and that your experience has been improving over the years. I'd like to learn more about the issues you've been experiencing and please keep in mind that we always take your suggestions into consideration. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you ever have any questions or concerns. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Replied April 2020

Jody

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Initial Review

Still learning

PROS

I like the interactive facility maps, ability to use bar codes, timeliness of responses to questions, and emails to let someone know the status of the work orders.

CONS

Still learning but haven't discovered how to view work orders without going through a lengthy search. This is probably my fault and will come with training. If two people are assigned as a resource and one person completes the job the other has to be deleted or has to put 0 hours.

Reasons for switching to Hippo CMMS

They were non-responsive to problems we were having.

Jody, thanks for the review! It's always great to know which features you're liking and finding useful about Hippo. A tip for viewing work orders at a glance would be to use the Calendar dashboard. You'll be able to see all the work orders for the month, week, or day. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us! Best, Heidi Chin Customer Success Adviser| Hippo CMMS p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227 e. h.chin@hippocmms.com

Replied August 2019

chris

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed November 2021

i use this system to manage 3 fleets for pmi, equipment tracking and repairs and it is easy to use

very good overall experience

PROS

easy to use and the technical help is available

CONS

would like parts used inventory history for each vehicle all in one place

Reasons for switching to Hippo CMMS

pricing and a system that would track fleets nationwide

Dan

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Poor product, terrible customer service

PROS

I don't like anything about the tool. It is not as it is a functioning enterprise software.

CONS

The customer portal is the only way to engage a service rep, however the old chat method allows you to fill in all the details and then you find out you need to go to the eptura support portal. You cannot phone and talk to a person. Every extension goes to voicemail that never gets returned. When you submit a ticket it appears we only have one regional rep, if that rep is away and we have an issue we have to wait for that rep to come back, there is no cover for that person. Since the buy out customer service has taken a nose dive. The Google SSO shows as a faded grey icon that appears that you can't click on when in fact you can.

Jose

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great value for the cost

reduce IT infrastructure.

PROS

it is easy to use, use of mobile devices and simplicity

CONS

can't open multiple tabs on web browser.

Reasons for switching to Hippo CMMS

reduced cost and organizational benefit since other sites within the company are already using Hippo.

Erick

Banking, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2018

The overall experience with HippoCMMS has been good. It is a great product for the price.

PROS

The ability to apply and view floor plan and enter work order directly from floor plan and equipment views. The unlimited users accounts, reports, documents, pictures, and specifications that can be added to equipment and facilities, mobile access, and preventative maintenance module.

CONS

It would be nice to be able to have more ability to customize reporting, Demand work order fields and dashboard. There is not the ability to create a work order via email submission or respond to notifications via email. When adding comments, it does not date stamp in the comment field of when or who made the comment.

Hi Eric Thanks so much for the helpful feedback. Feedback from our users is what drives our product forward. Please keep it coming. More customization on reports and work order forms are slated for 2018. Stay tuned. Happy to hear you generally pleased with the software, support and value Hippo brings.

Replied April 2018

Tyrone

Consumer Goods

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2015

Affordable and Very Powerful Maintenance Management Software

Having used alot of CMMS software in my career, HIPPO CMMS definitely to me is the best there is, not only is it very user friendly and ease of use, its also affordable, cloud based and very powerful. You can have direct access to your data from anywhere in the world, and the floor plan layouts that house all your maintenance data is a great tool for Asset Managers.

PROS

Updates and new releases of the software are free. Customer Support is great. Affordable pricing. Powerful data extraction and reporting. User friendly software for non tech savvy people. Cloud Based allowing access to your data anywhere in the world. 3 types of Dashboards, Advanced, Std, Calendar view Floor plan layouts with Asset data housed in one central location Mobile App creates more efficient workers, less time stuck behind the computer

CONS

None actually. The software is great and covers everything.

Thanks Tyrone for the encouraging feedback. We will continue to do our best to see our clients get the best support and CMMS software!

Replied December 2015

Jose

Reviewed July 2018

Great software for maintenance and work orders management

Highly recommended if you are having issues with tasks management and time management with the maintenance of your facilities. The reports are easy to pull and download. Paperless and web-based is the way to go!

PROS

Having a web-based software with all the functionalities offered by this one was never an alternative until we tried and purchased this. Reports and easy of use from all user levels are definitely a plus.

CONS

The site and user forms could be more attractive visually, instead of just drop down boxes and blanks.

Thanks for the awesome review Jose. We are really happy to hear that your experience with Hippo has been positive. Thanks very much for your suggestion on the user forms - we will connect with you if that is OK to get more details about what you would recommend for changes.

Replied July 2018

Roy

Plastics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2020

NIQ Hippo Review 322020

Ticketing for ad hoc and pm scheduling is now driving the work, is well organized and can be tracked. Maintenance documentation and history for each machine now exists. Downtime tracking is improved. Reporting is good. Overall experience is good.

PROS

It can be used as a ticketing system, web browser based, email notifications, versatile across our facility, roadmap for improvements.

CONS

Our departments are configured as facilities. I would like to be able to see the work order requests status for other facilities. I would like to see a rejected or deleted request be required to state a reason why. Drag and drop capability with assignments etc.

Reason for choosing Hippo CMMS

Functionality ease of use and costs.

Reasons for switching to Hippo CMMS

Functionality ease of use and costs.

Hi Roy, Thank you for your great review. It's good to hear that Hippo is being a helpful and versatile tool for your organization. Please keep in mind that system administrators can customize user permissions in a way they can get notifications for all requests in all facilities if necessary. Considering Novation IQ has many different locations and departments using Hippo, I understand it can be a bit tricky to set up the right permissions across the entire enterprise. When rejecting work order requests, it automatically pops up a window to insert the reasons for rejecting (for example, if it's a duplicate or something that has already been fixed), but I understand some users still skip this step sometimes. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you still have any questions or if you'd like to cover these topics in details. I'd be glad to help! Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Replied March 2020

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Flexible, Adaptable, Evolving CMMS

Our biggest use of the application is for processing Work Orders both Scheduled and Demand and for keeping track of equipment information.

PROS

Hippo CMMS has an ongoing commitment to be responsive to their customers' end-use needs. We have been using this software in our school division since 2015 and have seen the continual development process that makes Hippo CMMS stand out from other offerings we considered.

CONS

Occasionally, the application has shown technical glitches such as not being able to access the app or certain features not working properly. This is understandable as the Hippo team are continually upgrading their software so that it is current and adaptive. This has been minimally inconvenient and only at times. The data entry levels has also been cumbersome. In order to add a piece of equipment, the company and equipment model components have to be filled out. I'd also like to see work done on the association of equipment with parts or other pieces of equipment. For example, a sink comes with faucets that have different model information. Currently, we are adding faucets onto the LAV equipment record as parts. It is working for us.

Reason for choosing Hippo CMMS

We thought that a newer company would be more responsive to our needs. The price was competitive. And the software platform looked promising.

Reasons for switching to Hippo CMMS

We found Hippo's platform easier to use and more adaptable to our needs

Thank you for your detailed review, John! It's great to hear Hippo has been a great fit for the Garden Valley School Division and that you have been enjoying the recent updates. The development team continues to work on new projects and we are aiming to improve the frequency of any glitches when implementing them. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any questions or concerns. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Manager 866.956.2859 x 223 | fcarvalho@hippocmms.com

Replied December 2020

Cesar

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2019

cesar perez review hippo

PROS

it's ease of use Reporting is nice as I can see how much time my team is spending in certain areas - I was unable to do this in the past, Easily can set up preventative maintenance plans.

CONS

It's inability to connect to our organizations active directory Our inability to establish different service types for requesters. I would love to see the requester form change in real time as staff are submitting requests for specific reasons (ie. conference room - if employee selects conference room setup then the form will now require the requester to provide time,date,#of staff, etc) Our inability to update completed/closed tickets, information should always be able to be updated it's inability to connect with other applications, like a workday integration which would help us as we have to now live in two applications and ensure information is kept current.

Hi Cesar, Thanks for leaving a review! I'm happy to see that the Reporting feature has helped you to see how your team is doing. Thank you for the feedback as well. It would be great to have a quick chat with you and go over the points that you've raised up. Hope we can talk soon. Best regards, Heidi Chin Customer Success Adviser p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227

Replied July 2019

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Starting Over with Nothing*****

I took over a position to maintain an 80 Acre campus that had NO inventory of any tools, equipment, current condition assessment, or any historical data of current Work order requests. I also had no way of creating work order requests or tracking them. HIPPO has allowed us the opportunity to maintain a working inventory and tracking system for many different items such as equipment, vehicles, Stock items and tools that staff carry, Consumables as well as standard equipment for day to day operating needs. It has helped us tremendously. Can't beat the price and service for the Return. We are very appreciative.

PROS

This software was easy to implement and set up. It was also easy to get my staff trained on it. It is comprehensive for all our needs and the HIPPO organization gave us a lot of support and assistance.

CONS

We have many buildings that we do work on, and many different individuals that have access to inputting Work Order requests. Figuring out how to set the system up for that was a bit of a challenge at first, but it was overcome.

Hi David, Thank you for your feedback. We are all happy to hear that Hippo has been instrumental in allowing you and your team to manage your equipment and inventory. If you are having any issues with setting up user permissions for work order requests for all your buildings, contact our customer support - we have people eager to help and iron out any issues you are having. Thanks again for your great review and we look forward to serving and improving your maintenance operations into the future.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Great tool for our maintenance department

We have been using Hippo for just over 2 years and have entered over 10,000 work orders. Overall it has been a great product for our maintenance team and a great value for us. I'd like to see quicker product improvements and a better mobile version, but we are still pleased with the software. It's miles ahead of what we had used in our organization prior to Hippo. The support team has always been helpful when needed, though we rarely have to reach out to them.

PROS

Cloud based; user friendly;

CONS

product development is lacking; Software was written in Silverlight, which most browsers are dropping (and have been for well over a year). Hippo team is supposedly working on re-writing the software so that Silverlight is eliminate, but we have been waiting on this since May 2015. Hopefully they complete the upgrade before all the browsers drop Silverlight support. We lost Chrome long ago and the latest upgrades of Firefox have dropped Silverlight. It seems as the Edge will not support it either, so once Microsoft finally dumps Explorer, we may be hurting.

Thanks for the feedback Daniel. Version 6 is in Beta and available to customers. Let us know if you would like to take it for a test ride. Silverlight issue is resolved!

Replied April 2017

Robert

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Hippo user

Technical support by Hippo is above board. I am building our system on the fly and it is not too bad. I am previously familiar with the software having built a system for a previous employer. We have way to much equipment and are too large a plant to have engaged a HIPPO equipment survey. Not having anything in place and the need to start made it essential to go this route. We ordered software and it launched two days later. My Mechanics are getting more done in a day. Their morale has improved and they can get detailed instruction at their fingertips.

PROS

I have been able to engage my mechanics and keep them productive. I use the mobile connection via smart phones to make work orders, parts, resources, and manuals available. It is easy to attach photos and enhances our communications across the plant. They like the software which is what is the bottom line. We are doing a much better job tracking tasks and getting stuff fixed.

CONS

It is young and not all the reports are what accounting would like. You really need to buy the enterprise version for the extra custom reporting capability. There needs to be a cost center work order field that can track and report output per cost center for budgeting.

Hi Robert, I love hearing your feedback about your mobile experience with Hippo. For your techs to be able to access Equipment info, parts, or manuals while on location must save so much time! Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it!

Tim