All UpKeep Reviews

1-25 of 1,244 Reviews

Upkeep can change your whole maintenance program

It's as good at the information provided, which is made better because once it's in there, its accessible to anyone and over time, can provide information

Pros

Information, details, knowing what was done on a machine last time, it means that you don't necessarily have to do the same job twice. If a problem comes back and was misdiagnosed last time you can review what was done and see if you can find where the actual issue is. Locations, parts, assets, you can put them all into this software and down to the bolt you can provide details on any of them.

Cons

The UI needs work, especially when moving parts around or finding assets in a location. Having a naming standard helps a lot. If you know that an item belongs at a specific site, having a clear site name along with what it is makes a difference.

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

It's a focused piece of software that does what it is designed to do very well. There are some options that had a better UI, but ultimately, the ability to set things up for preventative maintenance, the ability to input information quickly and the customization abilities set upkeep a step or two above its closest competitors, although you wouldn't be wrong to try them too, because there's things to like about them as well. Ultimately, upkeep is best when focused on it's target, which is maintenance. There are ways to customize things for other workers too, which can make the usefulness even better.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Paul! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for all of your feedback! We are so happy to hear UpKeep is providing value to you and your team and helping to improve your maintenance program. Your feedback regarding the UI of the Parts page is valuable and we will make sure to bring it to the attention of our Product team. Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the app and make our customer's workflows as seamless as possible. Have a great day!

Replied November 2019

Ryan

Industry: Facilities Services

Its a Keeper as long as you are keeping UP on it.

Very positive experience so far. They have answered all my questions sufficiently and in a very timely manner. Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic, she is great at explaining things to people of all technical levels. We can see this software allowing to move forward quickly and put together our S.O.P's with minimal disruption during crucial times when we bring in new employees.

Pros

The Customization of the software is quite extensive. Has an honest to goodness workflow that is concise and easy to follow. Best have this system completely laid out and ready to roll prior to rolling it out within your facility that way you can utilize the software's capabilities to its vast potential. The tracking for the work orders is super convenient and thorough and allows for reporting to be super easy and helps track problem areas or where money should be spent.

Cons

I feel that it pigeonholes your ability to use various systems and has no overlap with other systems that could potentially be helpful. does not offer a scheduling option to allow for access to say apartments where 24-hour notice is necessary. Having the ability to link to a calendar or a calendar within upkeep to organize my day project by the project is what is needed badly

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

My boss was already familiar with this platform

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and track work orders! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

syed

Industry: Food Production

October 2022

Up keep review

Pros

The up keep tools used daily by me because it give me best experience in meeting schedule and give permission to the other people help me keep track of data and it has all the feature where some of the other other popular apps don't have it give the best UI and tools use daily

Cons

There nothing to say about the app it even give the mobile access to everyone that's the best part

Ryan

A great start!

My experience over the first month with UpKeep has been very positive. The team in California have been checking in to provide support and they've sent us a ton of QR labels for our assets and stock room. I have worked with five different CMMSs over the past several years and have been responsible for two implementations. This has been the smoothest and easiest one so far... configuration has been easy and it's been warmly welcomed by my team and the organization as a whole.

Pros

The ease of use and functionality check all of the boxes I was looking for. I get updates on my phone, can track work, and share what we're doing throughout our organization in a way that is simple to understand. The cost and very low barrier to entry has been a huge plus as well.

Cons

There have been little quirks with the system that have taken a little getting used to. Updating PMs or creating a PO, for example, can be difficult when you click off the screen to update a piece of that (check list, asset, or part) and then the whole thing that was being worked on is lost. Having discreet location differences for assets and stock rooms would be nice, too.

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

Low cost, low barrier to entry, and the ease of hitting the ground running (fast) is why we've gone with, and are going to continue with, UpKeep.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We all LOVE your dinks! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your assets and facility! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Mickey

Great for out of control maintenance departments!

Our company is very pleased with what the software has accomplished for our maintenance team. It inspires technicians to provide more information to the system because they can easily retrieve historical information when needed.

Pros

Easy to bring technicians onto the system, most technicians are up & using system proficiently in 5 days or less.

Cons

The cost per user is steep for small businesses.

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

It’s user interface is much more user friendly.

Reasons for switching to UpKeep

UpKeep is much easier to efficiently manage data and it provides better communication across all users.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility. Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Very User Friendly

UpKeep is helping us to formally document what maintenance we have been doing all along. it also allows everyone to see what is happening and when, which assists in scheduling. Proper documentation of maintenance is becoming a necessity to maintain our current customers and attract new business. In setting up our system, it also provided an opportunity to exam our current practices and make some improvements.

Pros

We are using UpKeep for our maintenance needs throughout the facility. I made an outline to help me plan how I wanted things to work and it was easy to tailor the system to all of our needs. I found the meters particularly useful. There is plenty of videos online available for those of us who learn visually. (like me)

Cons

To date we haven't really found a downside to the software. Like most new programs there is a period of adjustment, but it was very brief.

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

UpKeep seemed to be the most cost effective, user friendly method to achieve our goals.

Brian

Industry: Facilities Services

Intuitive software that is easy to setup and use daily

Wonderful and knowledgeable sales team

Pros

• Work request portal and app design- easy to use and very precise • All staff can input requests and can easily check progress by viewing work order • Front desk can make appointments and have real time info when inquiries are made • Technicians see work request creation in real time. • Increased productivity • Work orders priorities flagged to ensure quick response times • Central hub to manage all info to improve organization • Ability to generate work requests via app • Inventory tracking and resident billing • Asset management • Reports

Cons

• No notification that invoices need to be processed

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

Sales team willingness to trial the software along with ease of setup and mobile use

Reasons for switching to UpKeep

Easy of use that exceeded our needs

Steve

Upkeep is a great solution!

Our Maintenance team has a increased productivity workflow as a result of Upkeep

Pros

Ease of use, end users have no issues 99% of the time.

Cons

Maybe add comments section for assignee to comment on work order once completed

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

Simplicity, price, ease of use. UI is easy to decipher for our Maint dept.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team. Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Lindsey

Industry: Oil & Energy

March 2022

Good Entry level CMMS System

A great basic CMMS meant for day to day use, to keep work orders, scheduled maintenance and parts/inventory. Lacks a lot of the higher end features that experienced users would want to impliment.

Pros

Very easy to set up and get going, very easy to populated data, and very useful to schedule work orders, etc.

Cons

Analytics - the metrics that one needs the most , and use the most often are in basic, but they do take shortcuts in order to achieve numbers. Downtime tracking is a very mportant tool, but can't be used with manual events.

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

Pricing of Users (requesters are free) and didn't require additional licenses (technical users and admin are the only paid subscriptions that you need). Initial presentations were well done, and polished,

Abbey

Skylawn Memorial Park Word Orders

My experience has been amazing. I dealt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she has been very helpful with explaining the product and choosing the right package.

Pros

I really enjoy this software because we keep every work order in one system. At Skylawn we were constantly loosing paperwork and falling behind on our duties. With this system it prevents loss and keeps our customers happy.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about this software. All I could really recommend is having more customization with all the different plans.

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

UpKeep had more to offer. I really chose this product because of the inventory tracking.

Reasons for switching to UpKeep

We made the switch because we are wasting a lot of paper and it will make it easier to track all work orders from one device.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Abbey, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and thank you for your feedback! We are ecstatic to hear you are finding value in UpKeep and have had such a positive experience with the app! We will make sure to escalate your feedback regarding more customization with all of the plans we offer to our Product team for their review. Have a great day!

Replied November 2019

Liam

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great for our medium sized business!

Overall UpKeep is a great piece of software that continues to improve with regular feature updates. I would recommend it to anyone managing a medium to large sized business facility or multiple properties.

Pros

UpKeep is a great service for managing work orders, tracking assets and scheduling your teams time. The request portal and phone app make it easy for our managers to submit maintenance requests and for our maintenance team to prioritize and respond in a timely fashion. The asset system is great for tracking parts and preventative and reactive maintenance that has been performed on individual items such as HVAC units. The Ability to upload pictures and other files such as repair manuals, to work orders and assets is also a huge plus. All around UpKeep is a great piece of software that I would recommend to anyone with a medium to large size business or anyone managing multiple properties.

Cons

UpKeep offers the ability to generate PDF invoices to submit to clients however there is no way to save or return to a generated invoice within the software; once the invoice is exported as PDF and you close the window you can no longer return. I would love to see an invoicing feature that is more similar to the work order system. As a country club we not only track our internal maintenance, but maintenance performed on members golf carts and other items. The ability to generate invoices more fluidly would be much better than having to utilize an integration. I'm also disappointed that the ability to track additional costs related to a work order are only offered in the business plus plan, rather than the professional or starter plans. There are many times where I want to add an individual expense with a description attached to it, without having to input it in the parts and inventory section.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Liam, I'm so glad you're finding UpKeep both easy to use and valuable to your business! Additionally, we appreciate your detailed feedback in features you would like to see and how they would benefit you. Please know that we take all this feedback to heart and continue to work on releasing new features that will support you and your team!

Replied June 2019

Jeff

UpKeep Application Review

Pros

The iPhone application is the best so I can easily update and or log in new work orders as I see them without having to use a web browser or a computer.

Cons

I wish the recurring events would not show up until they are due so i don't have to weed through them to see the current stuff. this is probably a view filter of some sort but I haven't figured that out yet.

Reasons for choosing UpKeep

The iPhone application and price

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Our strength is offering mobility so that you can take and process work wherever you go so we're so happy to hear that you love using the mobile application! I'm sorry to hear that managing recurring work orders has proven a bit more challenging to manage. One cool trick that you or whoever is setting up Work Orders can do to cut down on future work orders down the line is using the "Schedule Based on Completion" toggle option when setting up recurring work! This is an awesome tool to ensure that the next work order will show up only when the first work order is complete! Check out the instructions here: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/help-learning/work-orders/how-to-create-and-manage-preventative-maintenance-repeating-work-orders/ Again, thanks for leaving us a fantastic review! We really take and appreciate all feedback seriously.

Replied September 2019

Dave

Excellent CMMS for Facility Managers

It has been great using UpKeep. Our rep did a great job setting me up and getting my technicians trained has been easy as well - and that speaks the simplicity of the application. All my technicians have Galaxy Tab A 7" tablets which they use with the UpKeep app. They're able to receive work orders while in the field, see all info needed to complete the task and close it out from there. Very efficient and effective. No complaints for the team at UpKeep, they really seem like they care about their product and customers.

Pros

The way it looks. The way it works. Simple, familiar design. Easy to learn and use the interface. A lot about making an application work efficiently and smoothly, is a familiar or simple to use interface, which this meets x 10. Great tools to utilize; from work order requests, to repetitive work, to inputting assets and added users. The dashboard is a great tool to monitor who inputs the most work, or closes the most, to what locations or categories are being worked on the most - and thats all linked with your assets to manage life-cycle of equipment. The support team is very helpful as well. I've had simple questions here and there, and "chatting" on the desktop site yielded very quick responses within minutes of asking. Love the way I can create my own criteria for Assets, ex; Model #, Serial #, Lifespan, Install Date #. This allows my team to custom build the system to work for our facilities needs.

Cons

Some things still need to be thought out a bit more. A few examples: -Consistency: between the Android app and the Apple app, both are not identical and work a little differently. For instance, the camera interface and drawing options are a lot more extensive on the iPhone. As well terminology doesn't stay consistent, even with the desktop version in an internet browser; "Dashboard" on the app is "Reporting" on the desktop, and within a work order, there are "Details" and "Update" pages on the app, but on the desktop site they're "Details" and "Activity" - but yet they're the same functions. Someone wouldn't understand this until they've used it of course.

Robert

Great For our Small Team

Communication across departments had been a struggle. So Upkeep helps us all be on the same page and know that concerns are addressed right away and not forgotten on some clipboard. Also being able to look back at old requests has helped in creating reports for our board of directors of what we have been doing.

Pros

This software allows our two Maintenance Techs the ability to see what projects and fixes need to happen at a glance. And its a great motivator to get to check items off once they are done. It is really helpful to allow a wide range of team members to post requests from their phone, and the ability to add a picture takes the guess work out of diagnosing the issue. It was cost effective for us with a small team to have two techs on the account, and people from Upkeep were very helpful in getting our account set up.

Cons

There have been a few glitches with the software where it was hard to access the information or I was getting too many notifications, but those usually sorted themselves out quickly. Having to pay for each tech on the account makes it harder with employee turnover and training new ones... Are they going to stick around, or are they tech savey enough. But we have key team members with access and they direct any others. And they product is easy enough to use as long as you just get familiar with it. The tutorials are very helpful.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Robert. Thanks for letting us know about the challenges you face with paying for X amount of technicians and retaining that same amount. You can contact us at any time through the "View Plan" page in UpKeep to add/remove technical licenses.

Replied March 2019